nxml-mode and XEmacs

Hi,

Has anybody tried to build and use nxml-mode with recent versions of
XEmacs? On its web site, its author claims that "GNU Emacs version
21.x is required, preferably 21.3. Emacs 20 will not work, nor will
XEmacs."

Is there some hope it will be available one day for XEmacs and, if
not, what good replacement for psgml could i test ? (psgml is
definitively too slow on my box, for the same documents where
nxml-mode runs like a turbojet...).
--
Eric Jacoboni, ne il y a 1431053561 secondes
0

Eric Jacoboni <jaco@neottia.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody tried to build and use nxml-mode with recent versions of
> XEmacs? On its web site, its author claims that "GNU Emacs version
> 21.x is required, preferably 21.3. Emacs 20 will not work, nor will
> XEmacs."
>
> Is there some hope it will be available one day for XEmacs and, if
> not, what good replacement for psgml could i test ? (psgml is
> definitively too slow on my box, for the same documents where

Are you sure you are using psgml bytecompiled (.elc instead of .el)?

Try
locate-library RET psgml RET
and
locate-library RET psgml-html RET
and similar.

The returned paths should end in .elc, not in .el.

Good Luck,

Adrian

> nxml-mode runs like a turbojet...).

--
Adrian Aichner
 mailto:adrian@xemacs.org
Adrian Aichner <adrian@xemacs.org> writes:

> Are you sure you are using psgml bytecompiled (.elc instead of .el)?

Yes, i'm using elc versions.

--
Eric Jacoboni, ne il y a 1431393916 secondes
0
Eric Jacoboni <jaco@neottia.net> writes:

>> Are you sure you are using psgml bytecompiled (.elc instead of .el)?
>
> Yes, i'm using elc versions.

In fact, i've discovered in sumo packages a draft of nxml-mode, called
docbookide, which runs with XEmacs. It's not maintained anymore but,
as far i've tested, it seems as light as nxml and its features are
enough for me...

--
Eric Jacoboni, ne il y a 1431483510 secondes
0

XEmacs shell-script-mode vs. Emacs shell-script-mode[bash]
I've noticed the shell-script-mode I get with Emacs behaves differently from that which I get with XEmacs. In particular the Emacs version provides a hard indentation feature (I don't know the formal term for hitting Tab to indent code to reflect the syntactic structure, but that's what I mean). Can I configure XEmacs (latest CVS) to support hard indentation when editing bash scripts? -- p->m == (*p).m == p[0].m >>>>> "Hattuari" == Hattuari <susudata@setidava.kushan.aa> writes: Hattuari> Can I configure XEmacs (latest CVS) to ...

scripting XEmacs, batch mode, remote control xemacs?
Hi, is it possible to write a script for xemacs to do some things in an automated way _without_ _user_ _interaction_? Specifically, i'd like to tell xemacs to load a certain file, call M-x htmlize-buffer and then save the new buffer. Is that possible? In one posting i found a reference to the option "-script", but haven't found any other references. Best regards, Torsten. Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> writes: > is it possible to write a script for xemacs to do some things > in an automated way _without_ _user_ _interaction_? xemacs ...

Alternate Emacs/XEmacs asm major mode?
Does anyone know of a "syntax-highlighting-only" major mode for assembly language files for emacs or xemacs? The default one I have with my version of xemacs, "XEmacs 21.4 (patch 19) \"Constant Variable\" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Fri Oct 13 2006 on localhost" uses this asm major mode: ;;; asm-mode.el --- mode for editing assembler code ;; Copyright (C) 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc. ;; Author: Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> ;; Maintainer: FSF ;; Keywords: tools, languages which performs syntax completion. I hate syntax completi...

Emacs, XEmacs, and Aqua Emacs Oh my.
Hi, I just trying to get bu head around using Emacs with Lisp. One specific question is to do C-M-x the keys should be Esc-control-x right. Any insight would be useful Thanks -Tony ...

Emacs or Xemacs
Hi, I have been a "vi" user for a long time and think that it is time to shift to a new more powerful editor but I am confused about emacs and xemacs. Can somebody please tell me the pros and cons of emacs vs xemacs (or point me to a post/website that has it). My needs for an editor are generally limited to getting the most frequetly used editing commands working conviniently (create a shortcut for them using key-bindings), be able to work simple stuff on the file system (opening files from other dirs., able to view the files in same/other dirs/deleting/copying fi...

Full colors with font lock mode in tty mode (xemacs -nw)?
I'm running Ubuntu Linux 7.10. "xemacs --version" tells me the following: XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) "Double Solitaire" [Lucid] (i486-linux-gnu, Mule) of Wed Jul 25 2007 on rothera My problem is I can't get colors (font lock mode) to work in XEmacs in tty mode (as in, when I start XEmacs with the -nw argument). For example, if I edit a .c file, it only hilights keywords such as "if", and "return", in a cyan-like color, and nothing else. It doesn't seem to matter what I set the TERM environment variable to either; I've tried xterm...

learn emacs or xemacs ?
Hi I'm new to emacs and xemacs. I don't know which one i should learn. can someone tell me briely the advantages of each. thank you Joseph <karloj@bigpond.com> writes: > I'm new to emacs and xemacs. I don't know which one i should learn. > can someone tell me briely the advantages of each. The flame wars are entirely different. Seriously, XEmacs tends to be faster, and has a more unified look across different operating systems. Emacs tends to have better integration into the various desktops it is available for, however. For getting a full-featured versio...

Difference between emacs and xemacs
Hi I am trying to use a package under both emacs and xemacs and whilst the ..el file compiles under emacs and seems to work under xemacs I get the message (1) (initialization/error) An error has occurred while loading ~\.emacs: No such coding system: iso-latin-1 The offending line in my .el file is: (defvar xle-buffer-process-coding-system 'iso-latin-1 "Default coding system for sending text to XLE process.") Just wondering what code sets are available with xemacs. Using 21.1.9 under Windows XP TIA Paul paul.johnston@manchester.ac.uk wrote: > Hi > I am t...

XEmacs
I have found a version for HP-UX 11.00. Where I have v11.11. Is that an okay match? I am just starting with HP/UX and not sure how the versioning of the OS works. Robert Robert Hicks <sigzero@gmail.com> wrote: > I have found a version for HP-UX 11.00. Where I have v11.11. Is that > an okay match? I am just starting with HP/UX and not sure how the > versioning of the OS works. In theory that should work. Certainly worth a try. rick jones there may be something newer at http://hpux.connect.org/uk/ or in the HP Internet Express bits on http://software.hp.com/ -- a wide gul...

Maple mode for xemacs?
The only maple mode I can find is for emacs (NOT xemacs, which I use), and can't be byte-compiled under xemacs. Is there a maple mode for xemacs anywhere? Thanks, Alasdair -- For personal replies, remove "not" from email address. Alasdair McAndrew <Alasdair.McAndrew@notvu.edu.au> wrote: > The only maple mode I can find is for emacs (NOT xemacs, which I use), and can't > be byte-compiled under xemacs. Is there a maple mode for xemacs anywhere? I think Joe Riel would be the right person to ask. All I found was http://www.k-online.com/~joer/ma...

about Xemacs
Hi, friends: I am new in Xemacs, My profoessor asked me to use Xemacs to edit my paper, I didn't have any idea about that. Anybody can tell me some more or where I can find the template form for documentation, thank you very much! "yang hong" <deshenghong@hotmail.com> writes: > I am new in Xemacs, My profoessor asked me to use Xemacs to edit my > paper, I didn't have any idea about that. Anybody can tell me some > more or where I can find the template form for documentation, thank > you very much! First we need to know your oper...

Xemacs
Hello all, I installed Xemacs with Darwinports, opened an Xterminal, called Xemacs and it run in terminal (textual) mode, no windows, no GUI. Why ? Shoud I configure anything ? Thank for an hint Bye Catonano catonano@inwind.it writes: > Hello all, > > I installed Xemacs with Darwinports, opened an Xterminal, called > Xemacs and it run in terminal (textual) mode, no windows, no GUI. > > Why ? Shoud I configure anything ? I don't think XEmacs has a native GUI version (yet?). Version 21.3.50.1 of GNU Emacs is available either from CVS (and compiling yourself), or ...

gdb mode for Xemacs?
Hi everyone, I'm running Xemacs 21.4 on cygwin. I've been trying for ages to get a graphical debug environment to work, as shown at http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7876, also pictured at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GrandUnifiedDebugger (in particular the multi-windowed environment, ability to have watch expressions etc). Does this environment even exist for Xemacs? If so, how do I install it? Thanks Taras ...

batch-mode under XEmacs
Hi I want to use batch-mode under XEmacs I downloaded batch-mode.el but it does not work on XEmacs. Paths are correct and it does not recognise the mode. Any help is welcome Thanks -Khem ...

Web resources about - nxml-mode and XEmacs - comp.emacs.xemacs

js2-mode: a new JavaScript mode for Emacs
... color schemes that you can choose from. Should be pretty easy. Asynchronous highlighting Unlike most other Emacs modes (but like nXML mode ...

Archive
dogbiscuit / mdub / weblog Archive Cloud Foundry on AWS - Part 1: Deploying a MicroBOSH on 2 Jul, 2013 Running database migrations on Cloud Foundry ...

"FoldingMode" site:emacswiki.org at DuckDuckGo
FoldingMode ; nxml-mode; auto-captialize.el; bm.el; maybe-open-apostrophe() wget.el; tail.el; someday i will get this working better, its sort ...

Emacs Modernization
Blog Emacs Elisp Buy Modernization Keyboarding ⌨ Emacs Manual Elisp Manual Random tutorial Random elisp manual Emacs Tutorial Emacs Modernization ...