tcl/expect in inferior-tcl buffer

Hi,

I use the "inferior-tcl" buffer quite a bit for interactively running
code snippets.   I set my tcl application variable in my .emacs to
this:

(tcl-application "/usr/bin/expect")

and it will cause "expect" to run when I do:

M-x inferior-tcl

This starts the "inferior-tcl" buffer.  From there, I simply copy/paste
code fragments into the buffer for testing purposes.  It comes in
really handy for quick testing/prototyping.

Unfortunately, some tcl errors will cause the process to exit, and I
get the message:

"Process inferior-tcl finished"

Is there any way to automatically restart tcl/expect in the buffer so
that I don't have to close and reopen it?

TIA,
-Tennis

comp.emacs 4822 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow