"File not found" error

I'm trying to launch a ridiculously simple program that contains one
executible file and some other DLL files. Instead of crying for some
super-mega-exclusive-windows-feature-that-is-not-supported-by-Wine, it
just states that the required DLL is not found! I can see it in front
of my eyes, in the exact same folder, but the program doesn't.

In fact, every Windows application I am trying to launch annouces
about not found files, but when I check them, they appear to be in the
exact same location as the EXE file.

So maybe someone can give me a hand to solve this trivial problem?
0
ISO
3/23/2008 3:55:28 PM
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine 4950 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In message
<68958a53-1ffb-40aa-be30-b64f74238d6d@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
=?ISO-8859-13?B?0GXw62xpcw==?= <utf16@micro.lt> writes
>In fact, every Windows application I am trying to launch annouces
>about not found files, but when I check them, they appear to be in the
>exact same location as the EXE file.
>
>So maybe someone can give me a hand to solve this trivial problem?

Try  a cd into the directory of the program before running it.
--
Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 3 Kentmere Way,
Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3TW.
Martin Liddle wrote:
> In message
> <68958a53-1ffb-40aa-be30-b64f74238d6d@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> =?ISO-8859-13?B?0GXw62xpcw==?= <utf16@micro.lt> writes
>> In fact, every Windows application I am trying to launch annouces
>> about not found files, but when I check them, they appear to be in the
>> exact same location as the EXE file.
>>
>> So maybe someone can give me a hand to solve this trivial problem?
>  >
> Try  a cd into the directory of the program before running it.

Or if your file browser has an "open terminal here" option then use that
then run "wine whateverapp.exe".
0
Darren
3/24/2008 2:48:41 AM
Gee... How didn't I figure it out by myself? Thanks a lot!
0
ISO
3/24/2008 10:26:45 AM
> In fact, every Windows application I am trying to launch annouces
> about not found files, but when I check them, they appear to be in the
> exact same location as the EXE file.

Windows programs look for their files in the current directory. That's
why Windows shortcut properties allow you to set a folder it will "run
in". Desktop shortcuts in Linux also allow you to change the current
directory where the program runs in, just like in Windows. So just set
the current directory and you can just double click on your shortcut.
0
Bamm