f



HELP ACCESS DATABASE VB6 WITH WINE UNDER KUBUNTU ONNETWORK ACCESs

Greetings, and thankful for your replies.

I have an application on vb6 +msaccess network accesing
works with no problem on windows, but now i have a client machine
with
Kubuntu and wine, when running the program it gives an error that it
cannot connect
to the database, which is on another computer a network W2003Server,
which means that the route code to \\server\files\db.mdb  its not
FOUND!!
obviosly this under windows does work, but in linux with WINE cannot
access to that route.

I used mount cifs to make a mount point on my kubuntu PC for the
database on the server over the network, the program work fine, i make
test it records perfectly.
But on testing with  other windows clients... the database gets
corrupted and blocked.
I was under the assumption that the mount was on real time and would
not affect the database....

What solutions do i have? or what is the correct code for my vb6 ado
connection
that instead of my  \\server\files\db.mdb  i put another route to get
to my database on network,
note: i tried looking it or by ip, or smb://  but no result. when
testing  it
changes the route to Z://home/user ... db not founD!

Thankful for your help!
Sorry for my rusty english

Leonardo
0
Leonardo
2/16/2008 5:11:08 PM
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine 4950 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

1 Replies
677 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

On Feb 16, 6:11 pm, Leonardo Velarde <leonardovelar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have an application on vb6 +msaccess network accesing
> works with no problem on windows, but now i have a client machine
> with
> Kubuntu and wine, when running the program it gives an error that it
> cannot connect
> to the database, which is on another computer a network W2003Server,
> which means that the route code to \\server\files\db.mdb  its not
> FOUND!!

As far as I'm aware, Wine doesn't handle network shares (yet).

> I used mount cifs to make a mount point on my kubuntu PC for the
> database on the server over the network, the program work fine, i make
> test it records perfectly.
> But on testing with  other windows clients... the database gets
> corrupted and blocked.
> I was under the assumption that the mount was on real time and would
> not affect the database....

This is interesting. you don't happen to know what kind of locking
access uses over network shares, do you? I assume that somehow the
locking doesn't work as expected.

>
> What solutions do i have? or what is the correct code for my vb6 ado
> connection
> that instead of my  \\server\files\db.mdb  i put another route to get
> to my database on network,
> note: i tried looking it or by ip, or smb://  but no result. when
> testing  it
> changes the route to Z://home/user ... db not founD!

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any good alternative.

Cheers,
Kai

0
Kai
2/17/2008 1:31:42 PM
Reply: