right/left shift + click, mouse wheel scroll

Hello, I am new to this group - have searched ubuntuforums and winehq
but haven't found too much related with my problem. Not quite sure
this is wine related or xorg.conf related, please let me know if a
known issue.

The issue is appearing for any recent versions of wine up to current
0.9.45 (have tried on last 5-6 versions), on ubuntu 6.06 and 7.04. My
windows app is developed in Borland Delphi and works almost 100% well
under wine. The one problem I noticed so far is that is not responding
when Shift+clicking on buttons, as expected (under MS Windoes, this
opens specific reports views). Also I cannot scroll in its window with
mouse wheel - not sure these two issues have same roots or not; what I
can say is that mouse is fully recognized in Ubuntu (scroll wheel
works fine "outside" wine) and also keyboard is ok  (shift key works
as expected for various other Linux native apps). Except wine, there
is no other changes in default install of Ubuntu so I cannot blame
other custom settings.

As far as I found in forums so far, there were mainly two options (for
gamers usually not having accessible Shift/Ctrl/Alt + click): some
were suggesting changing Movement Key in System/Preferences/Window
from Alt to Super, while others suggested changing Window Settings in
winecfg (Allow/Disallow the window manager to control the windows).
Nothing works in my case.

Any help or pointers to other similar issues is appreciated.
Thank you.

0
petrescs
9/20/2007 7:56:57 PM
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine 4950 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sep 20, 12:56 pm, petre...@gmail.com wrote:
> The issue is appearing for any recent versions of wine up to current
> 0.9.45 (have tried on last 5-6 versions), on ubuntu 6.06 and 7.04. My
> windows app is developed in Borland Delphi and works almost 100% well
> under wine. The one problem I noticed so far is that is not responding
> when Shift+clicking on buttons, as expected (under MS Windoes, this
> opens specific reports views). Also I cannot scroll in its window with
> mouse wheel - not sure these two issues have same roots or not; what I
> can say is that mouse is fully recognized in Ubuntu (scroll wheel
> works fine "outside" wine) and also keyboard is ok  (shift key works
> as expected for various other Linux native apps).

Could you file a bug in http://bugs.winehq.org for both of these,
preferably with a sample app demonstrating the flaw
(with source if possible)?  That's the best way to get attention
(and possibly a fix).

Thanks,
Dan

0