2010-03-03 QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable, 2,300 fonts Adobe Font Folio 11, 3,900 fonts Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1, 584 fonts Big Pack Arabian, other, added

2010-03-03 QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable,  2,300 fonts Adobe Font Folio
11,  3,900 fonts Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1, 584 fonts Big Pack
Arabian, other, added

please send e-mail to :   ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox
'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) ,
ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr,
http://sites.google.com/site/telvvcd/loadsofgreatsoftware

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable. 167 Mb
QuarkXPress ("Quark") is a computer application for creating and
editing complex page layouts in a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You
Get) environment. It runs on Mac OS X and Windows. The most recent
version is QuarkXPress 8 and it allows publishing in English
("International and U.S.") and 36 other languages, including Arabic,
Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish. QuarkXPress
is used by individual designers and large publishing houses, primarily
to produce any kind of layout, from flyers to complex page layouts
required by magazines, newspapers, catalogs, and similar printed
materials. Along with Adobe InDesign, it dominates that market space.

Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1 Fonts
Over 3,900 fonts from Linotype (Adobe, AGFA Monotype, ITC and others)
unlocked for Windows. More than 1,900 fonts with an integrated Euro
symbol. Worth USD $7,199.00.

Adobe Font Folio 11 | 443 MB
Adobe=AE Font Folio=AE 11 is a multi-platform type collection that
contains more than 2,300 fonts from the Adobe type Library in
OpenType=AE format, which provides enhanced linguistic support, advanced
typographic features, and true cross-platform compatibility Use Font
Folio 11 to expand your design options in virtually any medium =97
including print, web, , and electronic documents.

Big Pack Arabian fonts
88 otf, 584 ttf | 55.85 Mb

Designbank Font Set #2
222 fonts | ttf & otf | RAR 7 Mb

Template Monster 15.02.2010
FLA | XML | SWF | Fonts | 4.06 GB

Hallmark Scrapbook Studio 3.0 Delux | RAR 1.2 Gb
Want to decorate photos, which depicted the best moments of your life?
This will help you make a package Hallmark Scrapbook Studio 3.0
Deluxe. The program provides ready-made templates, cliparts,
backgrounds, exclusive fonts from the company Hallmark.

250 Selected Fonts | 250 Fonts | TTF Format | 9.4 MB

FontMan 2010 | 1.43 GB
attention is invited to a huge collection of unique fonts for Windows
and MAC, as well as all new collateral subject soft (management,
editing, selective removal of the fonts and the like), extensive
library, and all this before you in a convenient installer

Digital Juice Fonts FULL Box Pack - collections (1,2,3,4,5,6)
For MacOSX
Digital Juice Fonts FULL Box Pack - collections (1,2,3,4,5,6) | TOTAL
SIZE 30.6GB
Windows All, MacOS / 6 VOLUMES / HF & ULD LINKS / JD containers
Most people are familiar with the basic fonts, since they usually
preinstalled on the computer and are available in programs such as
Word or plain text editor. DJ Fonts is a little different. Although
they include standard OpenType fonts for each group of DJ Font Family,
themselves DJ Fonts are not fonts in the traditional sense. Until they
can not get the font selection tools provided in the software, such as
in Word.
0
telvvcd (13)
3/4/2010 2:16:18 PM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Replacing Type 3 fonts with Type 1 fonts in PDF files
Dear people, I have some documents that were produced with (La)TeX quite some time ago. Unfortunately, some of them use the Computer Modern fonts in low resolution (say, embedded with 300dpi) and, to make matters worse, some of the documents I have have already been converted from PS to PDF with the use of ps2pdf (which calls ghostscript as an auxiliary program). I do know that Heiko has a program called pkfix (which is a Perl script) to operate on PS files for substitution of the bitmapped fonts with scalable fonts, but it unfortunately doesn't work for documents created with some early versions of dvips. I have already used Heiko's program, but I still have some PDF files that include bitmapped fonts. Is there any way to batch-replace the fonts of a bunch of documents with fonts from, say, the cm-super package (which I have installed on my computer)? I am currently using Debian's teTeX 2.0, but I can upgrade to teTeX 3.0 if that would make anything easier. I would prefer to have a solution involving only Free Software, but depending on the solution, this requirement may be dropped. Any comments are more than welcome regarding this issue. Thank you very much, Rog=E9rio Brito. -- Rog=E9rio Brito : rbrito@ime.usp.br : http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito Homepage of the algorithms package : http://algorithms.berlios.de Homepage on freshmeat: http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/ On 2 Oct 2005 04:52:10 -0700, Rog�rio Brito wrote: > I have some document...

problem with CID fonts and PDF 1.2/1.3
We process many figures as PDF's then let our preflight software convert them to EPS (with the fonts embedded) for use in our typesetting system or for another supplier. In the original PDF Acrobat reports the fonts as Truetype, before they're EPS'd. When the EPS's go in the jobs with the outside supplier their Pitstop rejects the PDF because the figures now have composite/CID/'2 byte' fonts in them, which the 'final' customer won't accept. To diagnose this we make PDF's of the EPS's and Acrobat reports that the fonts are Truetype if you make a PDF 1.2 but CID if you make a PDF 1.3! What's going on. Help! TIA Iain Recently, Iain <craphereplease@hotmail.com> posted: > To diagnose this we make PDF's of the EPS's and Acrobat reports that > the fonts are Truetype if you make a PDF 1.2 but CID if you make a PDF > 1.3! What's going on. Help! > CID is a required part of the PostScript spec. Earlier PDF versions didn't enforce this requirement, but later versions do. The only time there are problems is when a RIP is non-compliant w/r/t the PostScript spec. Hint, hint. Regards, Neil "Neil Gould" <neil@myplaceofwork.com> wrote in message news:<_Vkfb.18460$f11.10115@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>... > Recently, Iain <craphereplease@hotmail.com> posted: > > > To diagnose this we make PDF's of the EPS's and Acrobat reports that > > the fonts...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Problems with Fonts porting app from Java 1.1 to Java 1.2+
Hi Folks, I have some promblems with the "Serif"-Fonts when I'm trying to run my application under Java 1.2 (or higher) on some machines (strangely it doesn't occur on every machine with 1.2+). The Problem is that the Serif-Fonts I use in the application are instanciated well if they are plain but don't work if I instanciate them bold or italic. The Font-Files in font.properties regarding the bold and italic Fonts for "Serif" are setted well and exist. Does anybody have a hint what's needed (possibly I forgot a special setup) to gain access for these Fonts? ...

Fonts in Eudora 6.1.1.1 Messages
If I want to change the font in ONE message (the message that I'm working on) how would I do so? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have WinME...if it makes any difference. On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:25:54 GMT, bkaras@mindspring.com wrote: >If I want to change the font in ONE message (the message that I'm >working on) how would I do so? Use the font button on the toolbar of the message window? -- Ajo Wissink I don't know what I was thinking. It's sooo obvious. Barry Karas On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 00:10:36 GMT, Ajo Wissink <ajo@notrealaddress.invalid> wrote: >On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:25:54 GMT, bkaras@mindspring.com wrote: > >>If I want to change the font in ONE message (the message that I'm >>working on) how would I do so? > >Use the font button on the toolbar of the message window? On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 00:43:47 GMT, bkaras@mindspring.com wrote: > I don't know what I was thinking. It's sooo obvious. > > Barry Karas No worries. Using Windoze ME will do that to a guy. <grin> Ungoy ...

Fonts on seamonkey 1.1
I'm running seamonkey v1.1. The fonts on seamonkey appear different as compare to firefox. I have check the settings on both browsers and they show as having the same settings. Why would seamonkey show a less quality fonts as compare to firefox? Is there a way to fix this? warpman999@yahoo.com schrieb: > I'm running seamonkey v1.1. The fonts on seamonkey appear different as > compare to firefox. I have check the settings on both browsers and > they show as having the same settings. Why would seamonkey show a less > quality fonts as compare to firefox? Is there a ...

Plz help identify this font
Thank you! ...

Does MIDP 1.0 support font like windows font????
I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support other font like windows. Please help. teddykim <teddy_kim2003@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am doing a school project, but I don't know does midp 1.0 support > other font like windows. > Please help. I don't believe it does. -- JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/ Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED) Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I hav...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <010520071944304535%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>, Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote: > In article > <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, > dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > > > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > > one? > > FontDoctor X I assume, then, that there is no known way to do it via Font Book. Will one day take a look at the above, thank you. -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-44E3D1.11574102052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > In article > <010520071944304535%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>, > Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote: > ...

Popup fonts with PS7.0.1 and Panther 10.3.1
Since upgrading to OS X 10.3 (and .1), PS 7.0.1 refuses to pop up its font list. Nothing happens when you click on the popup gadget. However, typing in the font name in the text box still works ok. Have other OS X 10.3.x Photoshop 7.0.1 users come across this? Steve ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

Type 1 fonts under Rehat 7.3, XFree86-xfs-4.2.0-8.
Hi ! I've gathered a lot of free type 1 fonts (mainly for mathematical equations). I've modified the Xfs config file, intalled the .afm, .pfb files on a directory. But the fonts.dir file in this directory, reads a deceptive "0" and no fonts.scale. So no fonts are useable. Any lead, though, or pointer to my obvious mistake will be greatly appreciated ! -- Ce message est constitu� d'au moins 50 % d'�lectrons recycl�s. Aucun �lectron n'a �t� bless� ou forc� d'aucune mani�re pendant l'�criture de ce message. S'il vous pla�t aidez nous � c...

Small fonts in WindowsLookAndFeel (JRE 1.4.0 vs 1.4.2)
Hi - I noticed that when I run my Swing application that uses WindowsLookAndFeel in Java 1.4.2, it looks worse than when I run it with 1.4.0. In particular, the fonts are much smaller and the anti-aliasing seems worse. Based on the release note for 1.4.2, I can only imagine that the changes made to make WindowsLookAndFeel more "Windows-ish" are responsible for this. Seems to have had the opposite effect, IMO. Has anyone else run into this? I'm desperately hoping for some sort of switch or property (or code) that will allow me to emulate the experience I used to have in 1.4....

Solaris 1.4.1 + font server
Hi all. Anybody seen any kind of font server work with the old stuff? If so, where can I get it? TIA Gary Note: To those who'd reprimand, I did try google, no luck. ...

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

font editing software for tex fonts?
In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a replacement for the math italic font for use with Times Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font metrics? (I've seen VTeX's TFM Editor, but it only works for fonts in VTeX's IF4 format and I don't think it can be used with virtual fonts.) How about the following alternative? Use a PostScript font editor to create a composite type 1 font, adjust the metrics in that font editor, and then use afm2tfm? I see a couple problems with this approach: (a) can't distribute the font if it is derived from propietary fonts (whereas a vf can be distributed and then used by anyone who has the fonts that it draws from); (b) won't work for the italic correction metric that is used to place subscripts in the math italic font. thanks. tim van zandt Timothy Van Zandt schrieb: > In my one foray into creating a virtual font, which was a > replacement for the math italic font for use with Times > Roman, the *really* tedious part was adjusting the font > metrics. Are there are wysiwig font editors for tex font > metrics? You can import and export tfm files in FontForge (formerly known as PfaEdit), however AFAIK you cannot create virtual fonts with it. I wonder how difficult it would be to add this functionality, given that most of the GUI stuff is already there. After all a virtual font is just a normal font metric fi...

List of Fonts from Font Reserve #2
How can I generate a list of all the fonts that I have in my Font Reserve "Vault"? This basic functionality doesn't seem to be built in, and I can't find any shareware that looks in the vault. (I am hoping to switch to using Panther's Font Book.) Paul Tratnyek <tratnyek@ese.ogi.edu> wrote: > How can I generate a list of all the fonts that I have in my Font > Reserve "Vault"? This basic functionality doesn't seem to be built in, > and I can't find any shareware that looks in the vault. > > (I am hoping to switch to using Panther&#...

[VW 7.2.1] Font Setings?
Hi, I'm new to VWNC. Where can I setup system fonts, let's say like in Squeak? I'd like to globally set fonts for Texts, Lists, Buttons and the help ballons. The only thing I found so far, is a ComboBox in 'Look+Feel' managing the size of the text font, but that is not sufficient. Any suggestions? Manythanx Shin - A.k.a.n Thomas Braun setFont "Set the fonts to using ProFont" | style cStyle | cStyle := CharacterAttributes newWithDefaultAttributes. cStyle setDefaultQuery: ((FontDescription new) family: #('ProFontWindows'); pixelSize: 11; fixedWidth: true; yourself). style := TextAttributes new. style setCharacterAttributes: cStyle. TextAttributes styleNamed: #lorynsDefault put: style; setDefaultTo: #lorynsDefault; resetViews resetFont "Set the fonts to using the default." TextAttributes setDefaultTo: #default; resetViews Loryn Jenkins wrote: > setFont > "Set the fonts to using ProFont" .... Thanx again! ;-) Shin - A.k.a. Thomas Braun ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

Re: "Friskfonter 1.0"- Freeware Germanic Scripts: Runes and Gothic, Junicode Fonts, IPA Fonts 465418
I downloaded the fonts, scanned for viruses and Trojans and opened the .exe file. It was clean. Interesting fonts. How about a good Black Letter font too? DSH Exitus Acta Probat "D. Spencer Hines" <poguemidden@hotmail.com> wrote: > How about a good Black Letter font too? http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/index.htm HTH Andreas Thank You Kindly! DSH "Andreas H�feld" <sendnospam@vorsichtbissig.de> wrote in message news:eattt2$sa1$1@ulysses.news.tiscali.de... "D. Spencer Hines" <poguemidden@hotmail.com> wrote: ...

SuSE 8.2 KDE 3.1.3 konqueror fonts+css invisible text
Hi, my system is basically as described above, SuSE 8.2 with updated KDE 3.1.3. There are web pages, e.g. www.heise.de, where konqueror shows nothing, or only the underlines, where clickable text should be, but no text Even if the underlines are visible the links will be printed to the status bar, when moving the mouse pointer, but the links are not clickable. I have tried out various settings, turned AA on and off, but the problem doesn't go away, either the page is blank, or no text is visible. Sometimes I can make the text readable by saving the page to disk and reloading it, probably missing some font style sheets then. What could have gone wrong leaving the system in that condition? Mozilla has no problems on the same system, something related to KDE or konqueror must be badly misconfigured, but what? I have tried with a fresh .kde directory, but no luck. Other suspicious observations are empty entries in font lists shown in configuration dialogs elsewhere. I have not selected any of those empty entries anywhere. Bernd Strieder Bernd Strieder wrote: > Hi, > > my system is basically as described above, SuSE 8.2 with updated KDE > 3.1.3. There are web pages, e.g. www.heise.de, where konqueror shows > nothing, or only the underlines, where clickable text should be, but no > text Even if the underlines are visible the links will be printed to > the status bar, when moving the mouse pointer, but the links are not > clickable. I have tried ...

emacs 22.1.1 font menu size
I'd like to increase the size of the fonts used for the menu bar, I know how to change the font size in the frames themselves but for menu bar or pop up menus. I have searched for this but not succeeded in finding an answer. I'm using Emacs 22.1.1 under Fedora core 7 under twm. thanks Alan Alan W Black email: awb@cs.cmu.edu Language Technologies Institute http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/ Carnegie Mellon University tel: +1-412-268-6299 5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh PA, 15213, USA. fax: +1-412-268-6298 awb@cs.cmu.edu writes: ...

Font-lock-mode in Emacs 22.1.1
Hi, I try to get highlighting via font-lock-mode to work in Emacs 22.1.1 on Linux like this: (add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda () (font-lock-add-keywords nil '(("italic" 0 italic))))) (as the example in the documentation of font-lock-add-keywords suggests). When I load a text file containing "italic" this string is not displayed using the italic face. If I check the text properties via the menu entry (edit/text properties/describe properties) it says "fontified". font-lock-mode is on, I used font-lock-fontify-buffer to make sure that th...

Web resources about - 2010-03-03 QuarkXPress v8.1 Portable, 2,300 fonts Adobe Font Folio 11, 3,900 fonts Linotype Gold Edition 1.7.1, 584 fonts Big Pack Arabian, other, added - comp.fonts

QuarkXPress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuarkXPress (often referred to as Quark ) is a computer application for creating and editing complex page layouts in a WYSIWYG (What You See ...

How QuarkXPress became an mere afterthought in publishing
Aurich Lawson As the big dog of desktop publishing in the '80s and '90s, QuarkXPress was synonymous with professional publishing. In fact, it ...

Unhappy with Adobe subscriptions? QuarkXPress offers upgrade deal
Until the end of the month, anyone who buys or upgrades to the layout software an Adobe InDesign competitor will get the upcoming version 10. ...

Briefly: QuarkXPress upgrade promo extended, Millumin update
Quark has announced an extension to its upgrade promotion that allows QuarkXPress version 3 through 8 users to upgrade to QuarkXPress 9 for $349. ...

Quark overhauls QuarkXPress
There’s a new version of QuarkXPress in town, and it’s not simply a modest update. Think of the newly announced QuarkXPress 10 as a milestone ...

Quark Announces QuarkXPress 8
Quark on Thursday announced the next major version of its page-layout software, QuarkXPress 8. The new version, which will be...

QuarkXPress Easter Egg
Anyone remember this easter egg in QuarkXPress, when deleting a text box with the shortcut Cmd+Alt+Shift+K? (Keep watching the video until you ...

Quarkxpress Articles on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Quarkxpress articles, stories, news and information.

Badia Duplica for QuarkXPress
Duplica allows you to sample and apply text and item styles using multiple clipboards. Simply choose the attributes you wish to copy,...

Plug-in (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , a plug-in (or plugin) is a set of software components that adds specific abilities to a larger software application . If supported, ...