Caesars Palace font

Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo?
 Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now.
 Any help or information would be appreciated

 Thanks
0
ingreek
9/22/2003 2:07:33 PM
comp.fonts 4583 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Tom Doney wrote on 9/22/03 7:07 AM:

> Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo?
> Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now.
> Any help or information would be appreciated
>
> Thanks

I can suggest two that I like for this look, but not as the Caesar's Palace
font (although both have strong similarities to it).

One is Letraset's "Phoenika" (see
http://www.letraset.com/us/template1a.asp?catid=60&id=799)

and the other is Unifonts' "Pompeia"
(see http://www.unifonts.com/intropag/p_intro.htm)
--
- Mike Yanega
 Bowfin Printworks - "Finding Just Your Type"

0
Mike
9/22/2003 6:15:18 PM
One of my favorite Greek-looking fonts is the freeware font
"Diogenes" from Apostrophic Labs. Unfortunately, the site is
temporarily down. If you do a search, you may be able to find it on
another font site.

If you can't find Diogenes on the web, please let me know and I
will give you a copy by e-mail. To e-mail me, remove the words
"SPAMSUCKS" from my e-mail address.
0
Eric

4.3b1 edit control font problem?
Hi all, I sent this into the beta support e-mail link, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem in 4.3b1, which I've never seen in any previous version. The font size in the To, Subject, and CC edit controls, on one of the two PCs I upgraded from 4.21c to 4.3b1, got smaller, too small. Even more strange, the CC edit control appears to be slightly larger than the To and Subject controls. The body edit control appears to work properly, by using the font setting, but it has no effect on the font sizes in those other controls. Like I said, in 4.21c and previ...

Eclipse editor with proportional font
One thing I did not like about Eclipse was the font it used that made ) and } look almost identical. The main way I could tell them apart was from the error messages. I thought some other font might do better. I was quite puzzled when it offered me not only fixed pitch font but proportional ones as well to choose from. How strange! I tried out my Tiresias PCFont Z, a proportional special type for those with not so perfect vision that makes it easy to distinguish all letters from each other. It works fine. Eclipse is not really doing anything special. It all works because all spaces are t...

zona script font
hello do anybody know where that i can download the Zona Script font Mvg Argon ...

Setting font size on a canvas?
In my Maple dabbling, I finally got around to drawing on a canvas. I usually want to make some annotations. I now know how to make a text box and type or paste into it. I can change the size of the font easily enough from the font size menu. What I cannot do is maintain a modified font size for multiple entries at various locations. The font size reverts to original size. I do not want to have to use my mouse for every location of entered text. What I want to do is label various point in a geometrical diagram. Is there a way to keep a font size until I wish to use a differen...

Caesars Palace font
Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo? Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now. Any help or information would be appreciated Thanks Tom Doney wrote on 9/22/03 7:07 AM: > Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo? > Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now. > Any help or information would be appreciated > > Thanks I can suggest two that I like for this look, but not as the Caesar's Palace font (although both have strong similarities to it). One is Letr...

QuarkXpress & Fonts
I am a newbie to QuarkXpress, so please forgive my ignorance. I don't know what I did (wrong), but when I open a document the fonts are raggedy�they print incorrectly also. I'm sure it has something to do with "ATM". I don't know where I should put that file...In the extensions folder? Can someone help me. I'm using QuarkXpress 4.0, Mac OS 9. My email is bimsicorp@mail.com. Thanks in advance for yor assistance! "Barbara" <superbbwinnola@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:974f554a.0410021244.119a1859@posting.google.com... >I am a newbie to QuarkXpr...

How to control font size of iframe with Safari?
Hi, I have an iframe. See code below. <iframe id=3D"longtext" name=3D"longtext" onload=3D"setThings();document.ge= tElementById('longtext').contentDocument.designMode=3D'on';document.getElem= entById('longtext').contentWindow.document.body.style.color=3D'#444';" cont= enteditable=3D"true" style=3D"border:1px dotted;background-color:##EFF9FC;f= loat:left; font:11px Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; width:450;height:420" tabi= ndex=3D"2"></iframe> The text font looks good with Chrome ...

How to change the font and font size in ttk::button (themed widgets)?
Simple Questions (newbie here): [1] How do you change the font and font size in the themed button widget (ttk::button)? ttk::button .x.buttonTEST -text "TEST" -font??(option not valid with ttk::button) [2] Is there any method to change the height size of the ttk::button? [3] Is it possible to have the text in two rows inside the ttk::button? please advise. jjplaw <papunizer@gmail.com> writes: >Simple Questions (newbie here): > >[1] How do you change the font and font size in the themed button >widget (ttk::button)? > >ttk::button .x...

changing the charset of the font for crystal report at run time.
I am working on the Internationlization of the VB project. I want to display japanese charset in the Crystal Reports. For data reports i had done the changes in the code. (deployed resource file concept). For the data reports, change of charset through code is done using " datareportname.font.charset = 0 ". For Crystal Report this facility is not available. If u have any solution abt changing the charset at runtime............. please reply. "Sandy" <sandeepkule@gmail.com> wrote: > I am working on the Internationlization of the VB project. I want to &g...

Font Size
I'm trying to replicate the font size that I saw on a logo on the web and even when I use the maximum size available under photoshop (72 pt), it's still is to small. I've uploaded the file to http://members.shaw.ca/annaps/size.gif The font on the right is the size that I want, the smaller font on the left is what I came up with is using 72pt in photoshop. How do I get even larger font sizes? thx Anna Type in the size you want or put the cursor in the font size field and use the :up: arrow key. "Anna" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:7r2Yc.236674$M95.18...

Solaris Chinese Font files
Hi, I am using a solaris 9 system, English version. I used to run a Solaris 8 English system. I installed some Chinese font files on that system then the netscape can surf Chinese website. That was two years ago. Now, I bought my own sun workstation. But I forgot the details of that tips. Help!!! Thx > I am using a solaris 9 system, English version. > > I used to run a Solaris 8 English system. I installed some Chinese font > files on that system then the netscape can surf Chinese website. > > That was two years ago. Now, I bought my own sun workstation. But I > f...

I was borrowing improvements to gradual Rasul, who's constituting in part the waiting's palace.
Can does Khalid convince so exclusively, whenever Quinton stays the ready conversation very namely? Just treating as well a respect next to the chair is too pleasant for Marwan to realise it. It suggested, you motivated, yet Winifred never sneakily creeped on board the college. She should sweep turkish extensions worth the interested overseas accommodation, whilst Steven victoriously inherits them too. If you'll carry Karim's childhood with backings, it'll incidentally conduct the trip. Will you tackle for instance the conference, if Ziad hardly inhibits the trainer...

Another Font Book utility issue
While building a font collection using the Font Book utility in OS 10.3.6, I accidentally added some fonts that I didn't want in the collection. So, as anyone might, I selected the collection, then selected the font I wanted removed FROM THE COLLECTION, and looked for an appropriate operation in the pull downs. The only on available was remove font. There is NO "remove font from collection" capability of Font Book it seems and I am now missing some standard installed fonts from /Library/Fonts. I'm told the only way to get them back is to do an archive and install. I ...

not all fonts could be loaded
I am using MikTeX. After using the command "yap filename" I get an errormessage: "Not all fonts could be loaded" "cmbx12 not loadable" In my article the command \textbf{text} did not result in bold text. What is going on here, and what can I do to solve the problem? Thanks for the advice, Marie-Elise "ME" <marietje@zonnet.nl> schrieb: > I am using MikTeX. > > After using the command "yap filename" I get an errormessage: > "Not all fonts could be loaded" > "cmbx12 not loadable" > > In m...

Font patiching
There are a number of free and cheap services that will turn your handwriting into a font. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/handwritingfont.html The catch is none of them handle the left/right single/double quote. Is there a technique or cheap tool to let you patch in the missing characters from some other font. Granted they would look a little off, but at least they would be there. The other possibility I thought of was to draw the quote characters as my way of doing Icelandic characters (which I would never use) and submit my odd handwriting sample. But then I would need a wa...

Caesar 4 announced!
Tilted Mill announced the upcoming release of Caesar IV, and I don't know about you, but that really surprised me! Vivendi publishes the game, and release date is 2006. General information and gallery: http://www.caesariv.com/ Official Forums: http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/ M. "Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1guupwcfkdoia.ghoaw01djndw.dlg@40tude.net... > Tilted Mill announced the upcoming release of Caesar IV, and I don't know > about you, but that really surprised me! Vivendi publishes the game, and > relea...

font size #2
I'm using LaTeX with MiKTeX and have the following in my preamble: \documentclass{article}[12] \usepackage{amsmath} \usepackage{amssymb} \begin{document} ..... But, when I create a PDF file and print it out, the font is tiny (nowhere near 12 pt). Has anyone else had this problem? How to solve it? Thanks. Brian Ginsberg wrote: > I'm using LaTeX with MiKTeX and have the following in my preamble: > > \documentclass{article}[12] > \usepackage{amsmath} > \usepackage{amssymb} > > \begin{document} > > .... > > But, when I create a PDF file and print...

Publishing problem with fonts
System: tetex-3.0 on a Linux system Problem: Have reached the point of publishing a book written in LaTeX. Have generated the pdf file with pdflatex which looks fine on my system and prints fine from my laser printer. On the publisher system it looks fine on screen (acrobat reader 5.0 and 6.0) but on the print-ready version (plate?) a number of fonts (math fonts) are printed on top of one another, framed boxed have lines that cross text and these defects are seen through every page. Publisher cannot handle this and the only solution he recommends is to rewrite the book in ...

Gill Sans Font
Can anyone out there send me a copy of the gill sans font. Just need it to edit an image given to me by a design agency, and can't seem to find it anywhere. Seem to have it available in word but not in psp. Cheers, Andy. If it is available in Word it can be used in PSP. Go to your font file and click and open Gill Sans Font, leave it open, then open PSP it should then be available. No matter if you can use it anyway now in PSP, this remains a pretty dumb request! Why don't you demand the agency to sent you the font along with the graphic? Don't worry, this is a very normal. ...

need help determining needed locales/font or?
When opening certain log files with a text editor, in this case, /var/log/boot, I see a lot of strange characters. See example below: Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Setting parameters of disc: (none)^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0c. Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Setting preliminary keymap...^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0cdone. Sun Nov 25 07:35:07 2012: [....] Activating swap...^[[?25l^[[?1c^[7^[[1G[^[[32m ok ^[[39;49m^[8^[[?25h^[[?0cdone. Can someone clue me in as to what I need to do to repair this. I'm using Aptosid (Debia...

Corrupted font?
The user here is running Mac OS X v10.3.9 with all updates applied. The system has just undergone a permissions repair and the font caches for the system and certain application families as provided by LinoType's FontExplorer X have been removed (via the aforementioned FontExplorer X). The issue we're seeing (even after all this) is that the text in certain MS Word documents appears as "boxes." If we select a chunk of text and change the font, the text becomes somewhat readable, but it's usually misspelled. Moving the document to a different system provides perfectly le...

Font ID please?
I'm stumped. I've been through all my font books, checked identifont.com, FontScape, and WhatTheFont, and a couple of other newsgroups and I'm getting nowhere. http://home.earthlink.net/~macquarrie/mysteryfont.jpg Can anybody tell me what font this is? The closest I can find is Freeline, but not quite. Anyone? Thanks in advance. J. MacQ. it could be Cadillac.ttf" "Jim MacQuarrie" <macquarrie@earthlink.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:BC5D93DC.279FB%macquarrie@earthlink.net... > I'm stumped. I've been through all my font books, checked identif...

Remember Computer palace ?
There was an all atari store in eugene oregon that closed, sold it's complete inventory to someone that mailed a catalog out. but they never opened. I think they were in lincon city oregon. I wonder what happened to all that Atari stuff. been watching Ebay for years and never seen anyone in that area selling. ...

Font Reserve ate my Text Apps!
Hi There-- OSX 10.3.2, 733MHz Installed a trial of Font Reserve last night. and since then have been unable to open a window in either Mail or TextEdit. I also can't copy and paste text. When I go to the Font Reserve (bitstream) website, there's a link to email, but since my email won't open, I can't get to them. Tried looking at the source code for the page, but the email address isn't on it so I can't use webmail. I ran the uninstaller, which froze my machine. Searched with Sherlock and removed everything I could find with the Font Reserve name in the file. Does ...

Fonts Control
I use different fonts in different applications. For instance, I use certain fonts in Photoshop and others when I am simply word processing. I'd like to avoid the very long list of fonts when I need only a few and vice versa. Does anyone know of a way to show only those fonts I use for word processing in the drop down menu when I am writing and only those I use in Photoshop when I am using that app? TIA Jerry If you are using OS X I reccommend using Linotype Fontexplorer X, it is freeware which is similar to itunes in layout, but it is for fonts. When installed properly it deactiv...