Caesars Palace font

Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo?
 Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now.
 Any help or information would be appreciated

 Thanks
0
ingreek
9/22/2003 2:07:33 PM
comp.fonts 4606 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Tom Doney wrote on 9/22/03 7:07 AM:

> Does anyone know name of font used in Caesars Palace logo?
> Also interested in any font that has a "Greek-look" e.g. Acropolis Now.
> Any help or information would be appreciated
>
> Thanks

I can suggest two that I like for this look, but not as the Caesar's Palace
font (although both have strong similarities to it).

One is Letraset's "Phoenika" (see
http://www.letraset.com/us/template1a.asp?catid=60&id=799)

and the other is Unifonts' "Pompeia"
(see http://www.unifonts.com/intropag/p_intro.htm)
--
- Mike Yanega
 Bowfin Printworks - "Finding Just Your Type"

0
Mike
9/22/2003 6:15:18 PM
One of my favorite Greek-looking fonts is the freeware font
"Diogenes" from Apostrophic Labs. Unfortunately, the site is
temporarily down. If you do a search, you may be able to find it on
another font site.

If you can't find Diogenes on the web, please let me know and I
will give you a copy by e-mail. To e-mail me, remove the words
"SPAMSUCKS" from my e-mail address.
0
Eric

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in either half of the Find window) . . . ??? Is there a quick, safe way to convert this document back into "real type"? AES wrote: > Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- > but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. > > Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text > causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is > Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the > character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, > for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. > > And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that > the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in either half of the Find > window) . . . ??? > > Is there a quick, safe way to convert this documen...

Making a font from another font
Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font that should behave exactly as the original one except for one thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. Warning: [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. For instance: (ABCDE) show should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:04:14 +0100, Nobody wrote: > Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font > that should behave exactly as the original one except for one > thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. > Warning: > [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont > does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. > For instance: (ABCDE) show > should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should > be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? Are you familiar with the family of books Adobe puts out about PS? I'm talking the 'green book' the 'red boot' the 'blue book'. One of them is basically a cookbook and has examples of digging in and modifying fonts - I think it would have what you need. Try a nearby university library, technical library or inter-library loan. ray <ray@zianet.com> wrote in news:pan.2006.12.17.20.54.07.463279 @zianet.com: > Are you familiar with the family of books Adobe puts out about PS? I'm > talking the ...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

Display font choices each in own font
Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of fonts available from http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font as Word has done since 2000? On 21 May 2006 14:41:16 -0700, penguin732901@aol.com wrote: >Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of >fonts available from >http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). > >I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font >as Word has done since 2000? I think there must be a way to automate this from Word but there also may be a simpler way so I will give way to someone who knows more than me. In the meantime you might Google "automate Microsoft Word font" or something like that. You might even try sticking in "palette" as an optional search term. Who knows what might turn up? Bookreader On Sun, 21 May 2006 21:47:50 GMT, Bookreader <Bookreader127@yahoo.com> wrote: >On 21 May 2006 14:41:16 -0700, penguin732901@aol.com wrote: > >>Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of >>fonts available from >>http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). >> >>I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font >>as Word has done since 2000? > >I think there must be a way to automate this from Word but there also >may be a si...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources section: iconFont (class IconFont) Specifies the font for the miniature active icon window, if this feature is compiled into xterm. The default is "nil2". ....so I'd guess that nil2 is a set of icons that are arranged into a font file. This isn't really something that's insanely important. > Also another related question: what [are] cursor fonts? IIRC, these are fonts where each character is mapped to a pixmap that can be used as a cursor. 'A' = pointer, 'B' = hourglass, 'C' = resize left-right, 'D' = resize top-bottom, etcetera. HTH, -- Matt G|There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin / mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me! -----------------------------/ http://crow202.dyndns.o...

AutoCAD fonts from Windows/Fonts???
Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? Thanks for your help, NZ The Windows/Fonts directory is a standard windows thing. You'll find font information in the windows registry, in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts Henrik Vallgren www.streamspace.com nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: > Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it > isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in > options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the > fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? > > > Thanks for your help, > NZ > On 29 Mar 2006 10:42:19 -0800, nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: >Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it >isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in >options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the >fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? This is because TTF fonts are installed in Windows and so AutoCAD can use those that are installed in Windows. SHX fonts are the ones that must be in a folder in the search path for AutoCAD to find them. ...

@font-face and Download of fonts
Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? Thanks! Fip No. No one can tell you "... how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? ..." It doesn't work that way. "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in message news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.libero.it... > Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the > @font-face (CSS) tag? > Thanks! > Fip > > "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.liber...

font method -option font
hi is there a method that checks if a certain widget responds to a certain -option ? or actually my question could also be what is an easy way to change the font in an entire application ? i thought this was where the money was: perl application.pl -font "Monaco 12" but nothing happens , and i haven't mentioned the word -font in application.pl so my questions remain thank you -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from...

List of Fonts from Font Reserve
How can I generate a list of all the fonts that I have in my Font Reserve "Vault"? This basic functionality doesn't seem to be built in, and I can't find any shareware that looks in the vault. ...

vector font and outline font
Hi, in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector font and outline font are used as synonym. Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts that aren't outline fonts? bye, Johannes Johannes Walther wrote: > Hi, > > in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector > font and outline font are used as synonym. > Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts > that aren't outline fonts? > > bye, > Johannes > In a historical sense, yes. Back when computer i...

Large fonts
I have a Thinkpad A22p running WinXP, which has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 on the native LCD. Normal fonts are too hard (for me) to read at that resolution, so I use large fonts (120 dpi). But that's on the native LCD. The rest of the time, I have it docked and attached to a 19" monitor running at 1280 x 1024, and at that resolution I prefer normal fonts. It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're on the external display!"? -- da ~~ "OE Quotefix" http://flash.to/oe-quotefix to fix Outlook Express' broken quoting. DA, Donkey Agony <root@[127.0.0.1]> wrote: > > It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to > change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to > "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when > you're on the external display!"? Setup docked and undocked Hardware Profiles. Regards, James JHEM wrote: >> It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to >> change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to >> "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when >> you're on the external display!"? > Setup docked and undocked Hardware Pro...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. Yet {\ECFAugie \fontsize(10pt) doesn't work as I'd hope} Thanks in advance for any pointers, Stroller. [1] http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/emerald/ [2] http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/augie/augie.tex Stroller <stroller@bigfoot.com> schrieb: > Hi there, > > I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them > working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's > text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of > me how to resize the font. > > I'm using this in the context of: > > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{emerald} > \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont > Here's the body of my text > {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} > Body text continues... > \end{document} > > I wish to use cmss as my default fo...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font?
Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use with window API to draw the font on the screen? if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font? mttc wrote: > Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use > with window API to draw the font on the screen? I think both. Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native (Windows) ones too. > if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/...

Font
How do I make/define a larger font than Huge in latex ??? Best Regards Hans On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:18:21 +0100, Hans B wrote: > How do I make/define a larger font than Huge in latex ??? For local use only, just do something like \fontsize{72}{80}\selectfont but a type 1 font is recommended, so either use \usepackage{type1cm} if you have type 1 versions of Computer Modern installed and use OT1 encoding, or use one of the psnfss-supported type 1 fonts such as Times or Palatino. Bob T. Bob Tennent <BobT@cs.queensu.ca> wrote: > On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:18:21 +0100, Hans B wrote: > > > How do I make/define a larger font than Huge in latex ??? > > For local use only, just do something like > > \fontsize{72}{80}\selectfont > > but a type 1 font is recommended, Dissent: a PS type 1 fount is a little more convenient, but there's no reason at all why one shouldn't generate oodles of odd pk files these days, what with modern discs and CPUs (so that the Metafonting doesn't slow you down). At large sizes, the poorer quality of PS T1 won't matter at all. [snip] Rowland. -- Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell@dog.physics.org PGP pub key 0x62DCCA78 Sorry - the spam got to me http://www.mag-uk.org UK biker? Join MAG and help keep bureaucracy at bay > At large sizes, the poorer quality of PS T1 won't m...

Font
Canvas.TextOut(X, Y, Text) uses more colors than only Canvas.Brush.Color and Canvas.Font.Color to make the characters look better. How can I, or can I, force Canvas.TextOut(X, Y, Text) to use only Canvas.Brush.Color and Canvas.Font.Color and no other colors ? I don't want to change any system options. Thanks, Fons. Fons Rave wrote: > Canvas.TextOut(X, Y, Text) uses more colors than only Canvas.Brush.Color > and Canvas.Font.Color to make the characters look better. Thats called Antialiasing. > How can I, or can I, force Canvas.TextOut(X, Y, Text) to use only > Canvas.Brush.Color and Canvas.Font.Color and no other colors ? > > I don't want to change any system options. You could change the system options via code and change them back later. The only other method google mentions is drawing to a bitmap with < 256 colors, then manually writing that text to the canvas where you want it. On http://www.swissdelphicenter.ch/torry/showcode.php?id=2266 I found: procedure TForm1.DisableFontSmoothing(LabelName: TLabel); var tagLOGFONT: TLogFont; begin GetObject(LabelName.Font.Handle, SizeOf(TLogFont), @tagLOGFONT); tagLOGFONT.lfQuality := NONANTIALIASED_QUALITY; LabelName.Font.Handle := CreateFontIndirect(tagLOGFONT); end; procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin DisableFontSmoothing(Label2); end; Didn't work; changing Label to Form.Canvas. ...

font
Hello Team, I work with C5 and legacy templates and I'm trying to find a font that gives super- and subscript. Any ideas anyone ? please Thanks in advance Jack please explain Examlpe: chemical formula for water is H2O. Cipher "2" has to be lower then letters "H" and "O", it has to be on the "subcript" level. Zoran. ...

font
The following code in one of our custom font shp files creates a character with a L directly over a P for the structural plate symbol using %%158. *158,15 1,7,80,2,8,(-12,-4),1,7,76,2,8,(0,4),0 What do I need to do to get this to be a P followed by an L when I use %%158? Thanks Why not just type "PL"? It's less typing. ___ "Chuck Fluri" <chuck@canada.com> wrote in message news:7%YFi.176$372.90@read2.cgocable.net... > What do I need to do to get this to be a P followed by an L when I use > %%158? ...

Web resources about - Caesars Palace font - comp.fonts

Caesar's invasions of Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
55 B.C - Around 10,000 legionary troops ( Legio VII , Legio X ), unknown numbers of cavalry forces and transports . 54 B.C - Around 25,000 legionary ...

Caesar A. Rodney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Caesar Augustus Rodney (January 4, 1772 – June 10, 1824) was an American lawyer and politician from Wilmington , in New Castle County, Delaware ...

Chris Caesar (@ChrisCaesar) on Twitter

Joel and Ethan Coen go inside Hollywood's dream factory in Hail, Caesar!
Sitting through an entire sword-and-sandals epic, says Joel Coen, is a lot less fun than you might remember from the days when you watched the ...

There’s a Red’s house over yonder: "Hail, Caesar!" by Dennis Hartley
There’s a Red’s house over yonder: Hail, Caesar! *** By Dennis Hartley Not that Hollywood ever tires of making movies about Hollywood…but “they” ...

Amal Clooney wears vintage YSL to Berlinale ‘Caesar’ premiere: fab or fug?
As predicted, Amal Clooney walked the Berlinale Opening Night red carpet with her husband, George Clooney, for the premiere of Hail Caesar . ...

Hail Caesar! The 'other' Roman Centurion conversion movie is a bizarre, self-satisfied mess
Martin Saunders went to see 'Hail Caesar!', and found the whole thing incredibly disappointing.

Caesars could see $5B hit
Lawyers are probing whether Caesars stripped away prime properties and left the company unable to pay a mountain of debt.

George Clooney, Coens Grilled On Political Issues At Heated ‘Hail, Caesar!’ Panel – Berlin
The Coen brothers , George Clooney and much of the Hail, Caesar! crew hit town today ahead of the film's opening duties which officially kick ...

Leap Year: Why You Can Thank Julius Caesar
Today is Feb. 29 — the bissextle or leap day, an artifact that dates back to the year 46 B.C.