Convert Suitcase Font to TTF?

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
TTF so it can be used on Windows?

0
Reply Acurajustin1978 (10) 9/9/2005 8:26:09 PM

See related articles to this posting


Justin wrote:

> I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> TTF so it can be used on Windows?

Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font 
packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either 
Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include

CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com

If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or 
they may be easily available.

  - Character
0
Reply Character 9/9/2005 9:32:12 PM

Character wrote:
> Justin wrote:
>
> > I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> > truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> > TTF so it can be used on Windows?
>
> Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
>
> CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
>
> If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> they may be easily available.
>
>   - Character


These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
loadable anywhere.

0
Reply Justin 9/10/2005 3:47:14 AM

Justin wrote:
> Character wrote:
> > Justin wrote:
> >
> > > I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> > > truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> > > TTF so it can be used on Windows?
> >
> > Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> > packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> > Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
> >
> > CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> > Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
> >
> > If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> > they may be easily available.
> >
> >   - Character
>
>
> These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
> loadable anywhere.
I did many fonts convertions from Mac to PC a while back. If you're
interested, contact me.

0
Reply Reg54 9/10/2005 11:05:07 AM

Reg54 wrote:
> Justin wrote:
> > Character wrote:
> > > Justin wrote:
> > >
> > > > I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> > > > truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> > > > TTF so it can be used on Windows?
> > >
> > > Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> > > packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> > > Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
> > >
> > > CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> > > Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
> > >
> > > If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> > > they may be easily available.
> > >
> > >   - Character
> >
> >
> > These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
> > loadable anywhere.
> I did many fonts convertions from Mac to PC a while back. If you're
> interested, contact me.

Okey doke1

I just sent you an email.

0
Reply Justin 9/10/2005 6:01:23 PM

"Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com> wrote in 
news:1126297569.871361.260010@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> truetype.  Obviously she's wrong. 

-----------------------^^^

lol

"Obviously"

-- 
ABC
0
Reply Ambarab 9/12/2005 6:28:40 AM
comp.fonts 4566 articles. 19 followers. Post

5 Replies
4869 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45


  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can i convert SHX fonts to TTF fonts ?
Hi ...!! I am a ObjectARX developer, one of project need conversion of SHX fonts ( font supported by AutoCAD ) to TTF ( font supported by Windows ). Is there any suitable way ? pls help me...! thanx in advance... subash ...

converting .ttf font to .pfa
I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, but having checked I couldn't see a suitable answer... I have some fonts in .ttf format. What tools (linux or windows based) can I used to convert these to .pfa format? Many thanks in advance On 5 Apr 2005, Dave Weaver wrote: > I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, It is. > but having checked I couldn't see a suitable answer... The answer is "Don't". -- Top-posting. What's the most irritating thing on Usenet? Dave Weaver wrote: > I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, but having ...

Converting TTF to PRF fonts
Hi all... Just wondering if you have any ideas of how to convert TTF fonts to PRF fonts? Thanks Kathryn Kathryn Gill wrote: > Hi all... > Just wondering if you have any ideas of how to convert TTF fonts to PRF > fonts? > Thanks > Kathryn Bitstream offered "Web Font Maker" to do this. It has since been abandoned, in favor of the "Font Fusion", which I know little or nothing about - here's its web page: http://www.bitstream.com/font_rendering/products/font_fusion/index.html I think there was also something called Ex TrueDoc that did this - maybe it ...

Converting fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf
Hello I need to convert 3 fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf. How can I do that? Anyone done this before? Sorry I am new to this "font" matter... =) On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Georgios Zakitraxis wrote: > Hello I need to convert 3 fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf. Why? > How can I do that? Don't. > Anyone done this before? Probably - but why? -- Top-posting. What's the most irritating thing on Usenet? Whenever anyone asks this question, there are always replies advising against converting fonts. True, there is a slight, sometimes more-than-slight technical degradation wh...

Convert an HP Laserjet .crl Font to .ttf
As was so with many people, years ago I used a computer running MSDOS. On it I had a program Fontedit which could edit softfonts for a Hewlett Packard Laserjet printer. The extension of the filename for the fonts was *.crl. There is one font I have (although I have not used the program in years) which I would like to edit and then convert the .crl font to a TrueType Font, .ttf. I searched on Dogpile and Google with the search string "convert crl ttf" but came up with nothing. Does anyone know of a tool which can convert one of these old Laserjet softfonts to a TrueType Font? Tha...

Re: Converting fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf
"Pilo Erector" <SIGardener@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > There is a program called TransType 2. > Produced by Font Lab... > Price is approximately US$90. The program is very easy to use and not confusing. > > "Character" <Char@cters.italic> wrote in message > news:j81Ld.212803$B07.29700@news.easynews.com... >> Larry Barowski wrote: >>> "Georgios Zakitraxis" <efzoni@yahoo.de> wrote in message >>> news:35ue5mF4qrh0kU1@individual.net... >>> >>>>Hello I need to convert 3 fonts...

Converting Type 1 to TTF? (also, math fonts again)
Many thanks to RSD99 for directing me to the excellent AMS math fonts. However, I now have another problem. I'm developing an application that makes use of these fonts in MS Visual Studio.NET, which supports *only* true type fonts. I've spent the past several hours scouring the internet for some way to convert these to the needed format, but have been unable to find a free solution (student project, y'know). Anyway, if anybody knows of a decent program which will convert Type1 to TTF, I would love to hear about it. Alternately, if anybody knows of a good free math true type fon...

REQ: BitCopy or Elixir to convert TTF fonts to AFP
REQ: BitCopy or Elixir to convert TTF fonts to AFP - PLEASE POST ...

NEED HELP: convert pfm (PC Type 1) or .otf (Open Type Font) to .ttf (True Type)
Hello, I tried many times to convert a font (called Charter) to a true type font in windows xp. I have two font formats available: .pfm (PC Type 1) and .otf (Open Type Font). To convert, I tried to use Adobe Type Manager and Crossfonts - both cannot convert the two available font formats into True Type. I am in dispair - can anyone help? Any solution is welcome! Chris PS: The reason why I need this font in True Type is a : It seems that I need a true type font when I use SMARTDRAW. SMARTDRAW only offers true type fonts when I want to type text, and SD seems to ignore other fonts tha...

Problem: Latex cannot find a TTF font installed by the Miktex TTF font installer
Short version: I have the Sabon font as TTF and would like to use it from Miktex. I have tried using various methods, including the Miktex font installer, but failed. I think the Sabon font is installed (the self-test seems to indicate that) but still pdftex complains that the font shape is undefined. How should I proceed, please? Long version: I'll redo all the steps (2006-04-11) and log them here. This is on Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service pack 2. First let's ensure that the system is up to date. I run the Miktex update wizard 2.4.1704. Update from Internet. Sele...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

Convert TTF To Monospace TTF
I am trying to use OCRAEXT.TTF in a terminal emulation program (as a sad attempt to make my PC more Matrix like!). The characters are mono spaced in the file, but it doesn't seem to be flagged as a mono font by the system. Can anybody recommend a way/program to convert this file to a mono TTF? Cheers, Andy. Well, I managed to sort it out myself in the end. I downloaded the "Font Creator Program" (30 day trial) from http://www.high-logic.com/fcp.html, and changed the "fixed pitch" from 0 to 1. VIOLA! Re-install the font file and it can be used anywhere mono ...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? Thanks, cpghost. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ Cordula's Web wrote: > does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? The only outline font editor for Linux I know about is PfaEdit (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net). It handles TrueType, PostScript Type 1, and various other formats. I'm not a font designer, and so I can't say whether or not PfaEdit really qualifies as "good" or not. It's been more than adequate for my own limited needs, though (mostly converting between formats and fi...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

font convet to GEOS font from ttf
I have font I need convent to use on geos Who have a convent program? If I can get this convent thern I have more to get convent to use on GEOS. This is from the VTCinfo.txt This typeface is what I like to call Distro-Ware. Which means you can do whatever ya want with the type- face with the sole exception or re-selling it. Use however ya wish on as many computers as ya wish and give it to as many people as ya wish =) If you would like to include this font on your website as a give-away feel free, as long as this documentation reamains with the font! A Link bac...

Converting Type1-Fonts to OpenType-Fonts
Can anyone recommend a tool to convert Type1- to OpenType-fonts? The best would be a tool which does this batched for a list of fonts. -- http://facebook.com/bonita.montero On 06/06/2014 11:31 PM, Bonita Montero wrote: > Can anyone recommend a tool to convert Type1- to OpenType-fonts? > The best would be a tool which does this batched for a list of > fonts. Fontforge can be scripted. I use it for exactly this kind of thing. ///Peter On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 19:47:28 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote: > On 06/06/2014 11:31 PM, Bonita Montero wrote: >> Can anyone re...

How to convert TrueType fonts to bitmapped fonts in Ubuntu
I need to convert some Microsoft TTF TrueType fonts to bitmapped fonts, to generate several fonts of differing size. I had some success with utility ttf2bdf from Freetype1 library. (and subsequent use of bdftopcf). However, ttf2bdf is buggy and cannot convert, say, COUR.ttf (Corier New font). It chokes on it and produces a file without any characters defined. Freetype1 is no longer supported, so I am looking for an alternative. Freetype2 seems to only be a library. So, I want to find some tool to convert TTF fonts to bitmapped Unix fonts (PCF). Some may ask, why bi...

If I have a TTF font file, what is its font name in Ghostscript?
I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Ross Presser wrote: > I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... What was the question? Oh, you wrote it only in the Subject and forgot to ask in the body of your posting. The PostScript name is stored in the 'name' table. http://developer.apple.com/textfonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6name.html In article <1169135234.543684.239990@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Ross Presser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote: > I know that I can use a Fon...

Easier way to convert a font to an outline font?
Is there a utility I can get that will convert a font to an outline font? I would be happy just to be able to convert a particular text string to outlines. On 11/16/2011 4:51 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote: > Is there a utility I can get that will convert a font to an outline > font? > > I would be happy just to be able to convert a particular text string to > outlines. If you have Microsoft Word or most other full-function word or document processors (e.g., Word Perfect, Word Pro, Adobe InDesign) they have that function built-in. In MSWord, use Insert/Picture/WordArt. This we...

Convert PCL Font Pitch to Postscript Font Height
Currently I'm writing a PCL to Postscript-Converter. Unfortunately I=92m stuck on following Problem: in PCL there are commands for selecting Font Pitch and Font Height. Pitch is used for fixed-width Fonts, Height for proportional Fonts (Pitch =3D number of characters per inch, Height =3D Height in PCL Points (1/72 inch)). In Postscript I=92m not able to choose the Font size when I=92m receiving the PCL Font Pitch. May I calculate the Height, or is there a according command in Postscript? Ernschd wrote: > Currently I'm writing a PCL to Postscript-Converter. Unfortunately > I’m...

How to convert a non-true type font to a true-type font?
Hello I am trying to convert a non-true type font( Myriad Pro) to be a true type font. For some reason, our company needs this font to work with our UI and it needs to be a true type font so I am trying to either: 1) find a very very similar true type font 2) make myriad pro into a true type font. pls. let me know if there is a more appropriate newsgroup for this question. cheers n nono umasy wrote: > Hello > > I am trying to convert a non-true type font( Myriad Pro) to be a true > type font. > For some reason, our company needs this font to work with our UI and > it ...

ttf fonts
Hi all, Does anyone know how to use external ttf fonts? Thanks -- Sonny Sasaka On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, Sonny Sasaka wrote: > Does anyone know how to use external ttf fonts? Thanks Short answer: yes Long answer: all depends on what you want to do. The selection of truetype fonts with good math support is very limited. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=psfchoice gives some useful background. http://scripts.sil.org/xetex has examples. XeTeX can use "system" fonts directly. -- George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca> "George N. White III" <...

Converting Fonts?
Hi. Is it possible to convert a T1 font easily into a TT font? Thanks Michi Michael Mueller wrote: > Hi. > Is it possible to convert a T1 font easily into a TT font? Michael - The answer is yes (using some pricey software programs), but prompts another question: Why would you want to? All PC platforms can use T1 fonts. Windows 3.1 and 9x/ME require the use of Adobe's FREE Adobe Type Manager, Windows NT does an automatic conversion, and Windows 2000 and XP use the T1 fonts natively. Other platforms There are many technical reasons why such a converted font is inferior to the...

font ttf
Ok, I followed this guide http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe/pdftex.html and it turns out to be alright as long as i work in a temporary directory. The problem now is where to put these files I mean someone said the command kpsexpand '$TEXMFLOCAL' might not return the right folder. Is there a way to recognize the folder where i have to put them in beyond the shadow of any doubt? Joubert pisze: > Ok, I followed this guide http://tclab.kaist.ac.kr/ipe/pdftex.html and > it turns out to be alright as long as i work in a temporary directory. > The problem now is where to put thes...