Convert Suitcase Font to TTF?

I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
TTF so it can be used on Windows?

comp.fonts 4621 articles. 1 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Justin wrote:

> I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> TTF so it can be used on Windows?

Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include

CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com

If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
they may be easily available.

  - Character
0
Character
9/9/2005 9:32:12 PM
Character wrote:
> Justin wrote:
>
> > I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> > truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> > TTF so it can be used on Windows?
>
> Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
>
> CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
>
> If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> they may be easily available.
>
>   - Character

These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
loadable anywhere.

0
Justin
9/10/2005 3:47:14 AM
Justin wrote:
> Character wrote:
> > Justin wrote:
> >
> > > I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> > > truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.  Is there a way to convert suit to
> > > TTF so it can be used on Windows?
> >
> > Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> > packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> > Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
> >
> > CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> > Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
> >
> > If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> > they may be easily available.
> >
> >   - Character
>

> These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
> loadable anywhere.
I did many fonts convertions from Mac to PC a while back. If you're
interested, contact me.

0
Reg54
9/10/2005 11:05:07 AM
Reg54 wrote:
> Justin wrote:
> > Character wrote:

> > > Yes, if they were copied correctly from the Mac.  Suit(case) is a mac font
> > > packaging method, and contains mac-format fonts (I believe they may be either
> > > Type 1 or Truetype). Programs that can extract and convert them include
> > >
> > > CrossFont  http://www.asy.com
> > > Transtype  http://www.fontlab.com
> > >
> > > If you know the names of the fonts, you may already have them in PC format, or
> > > they may be easily available.
> > >
> > >   - Character
> >

> > These are custom fonts made by the client...  They are not down
> > loadable anywhere.
> I did many fonts convertions from Mac to PC a while back. If you're
> interested, contact me.

Okey doke1

I just sent you an email.

0
Justin
9/10/2005 6:01:23 PM
"Justin" <Acurajustin1978@hotmail.com> wrote in

> I have a client who sent me a bunch of Suit fonts and tells me they are
> truetype.  Obviously she's wrong.

-----------------------^^^

lol

"Obviously"

--
ABC
0

How can i convert SHX fonts to TTF fonts ?
Hi ...!! I am a ObjectARX developer, one of project need conversion of SHX fonts ( font supported by AutoCAD ) to TTF ( font supported by Windows ). Is there any suitable way ? pls help me...! thanx in advance... subash ...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? Thanks, cpghost. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ Cordula's Web wrote: > does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? The only outline font editor for Linux I know about is PfaEdit (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net). It handles TrueType, PostScript Type 1, and various other formats. I'm not a font designer, and so I can't say whether or not PfaEdit really qualifies as "good" or not. It's been more than adequate for my own limited needs, though (mostly converting between formats and fi...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

Converting Type1-Fonts to OpenType-Fonts
Can anyone recommend a tool to convert Type1- to OpenType-fonts? The best would be a tool which does this batched for a list of fonts. -- http://facebook.com/bonita.montero On 06/06/2014 11:31 PM, Bonita Montero wrote: > Can anyone recommend a tool to convert Type1- to OpenType-fonts? > The best would be a tool which does this batched for a list of > fonts. Fontforge can be scripted. I use it for exactly this kind of thing. ///Peter On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 19:47:28 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote: > On 06/06/2014 11:31 PM, Bonita Montero wrote: >> Can anyone re...

font convet to GEOS font from ttf
I have font I need convent to use on geos Who have a convent program? If I can get this convent thern I have more to get convent to use on GEOS. This is from the VTCinfo.txt This typeface is what I like to call Distro-Ware. Which means you can do whatever ya want with the type- face with the sole exception or re-selling it. Use however ya wish on as many computers as ya wish and give it to as many people as ya wish =) If you would like to include this font on your website as a give-away feel free, as long as this documentation reamains with the font! A Link bac...

Problem: Latex cannot find a TTF font installed by the Miktex TTF font installer
Short version: I have the Sabon font as TTF and would like to use it from Miktex. I have tried using various methods, including the Miktex font installer, but failed. I think the Sabon font is installed (the self-test seems to indicate that) but still pdftex complains that the font shape is undefined. How should I proceed, please? Long version: I'll redo all the steps (2006-04-11) and log them here. This is on Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service pack 2. First let's ensure that the system is up to date. I run the Miktex update wizard 2.4.1704. Update from Internet. Sele...

How to convert TrueType fonts to bitmapped fonts in Ubuntu
I need to convert some Microsoft TTF TrueType fonts to bitmapped fonts, to generate several fonts of differing size. I had some success with utility ttf2bdf from Freetype1 library. (and subsequent use of bdftopcf). However, ttf2bdf is buggy and cannot convert, say, COUR.ttf (Corier New font). It chokes on it and produces a file without any characters defined. Freetype1 is no longer supported, so I am looking for an alternative. Freetype2 seems to only be a library. So, I want to find some tool to convert TTF fonts to bitmapped Unix fonts (PCF). Some may ask, why bi...

Easier way to convert a font to an outline font?
Is there a utility I can get that will convert a font to an outline font? I would be happy just to be able to convert a particular text string to outlines. On 11/16/2011 4:51 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote: > Is there a utility I can get that will convert a font to an outline > font? > > I would be happy just to be able to convert a particular text string to > outlines. If you have Microsoft Word or most other full-function word or document processors (e.g., Word Perfect, Word Pro, Adobe InDesign) they have that function built-in. In MSWord, use Insert/Picture/WordArt. This we...

If I have a TTF font file, what is its font name in Ghostscript?
I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Ross Presser wrote: > I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not.... What was the question? Oh, you wrote it only in the Subject and forgot to ask in the body of your posting. The PostScript name is stored in the 'name' table. http://developer.apple.com/textfonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6name.html In article <1169135234.543684.239990@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Ross Presser" <rpresser@gmail.com> wrote: > I know that I can use a Fontmap file to map it, but I'd rather not... Don't you need to put an entry in the Fontmap file anyway ? At any rate, I came across a similar problem a few GS release back (I wanted to populate the Fontmap with the proper name...) I simply associated the TTF file to a /Dummy fontname in Fontmap and then called 'findfont' for that dummy name. Recent versions of GS shows you a message that gives the expected PS name ("Using ThisFontPSName font for Dummy") This does not seem to work for large (?) fonts. For instance, the 6+ Megabytes "MS Gothic" found in MS Office 2004 Test Drive on my Mac errors out on GS 8.54 with a /rangecheck in --string--, having a 90000+ value on top of operand stack) Otherwise, parsing the TTF tables is another possibility. -- ________________________________________________________ Fran�ois Robert On 18 Jan 2007 07:47:1...

Convert PCL Font Pitch to Postscript Font Height
Currently I'm writing a PCL to Postscript-Converter. Unfortunately I=92m stuck on following Problem: in PCL there are commands for selecting Font Pitch and Font Height. Pitch is used for fixed-width Fonts, Height for proportional Fonts (Pitch =3D number of characters per inch, Height =3D Height in PCL Points (1/72 inch)). In Postscript I=92m not able to choose the Font size when I=92m receiving the PCL Font Pitch. May I calculate the Height, or is there a according command in Postscript? Ernschd wrote: > Currently I'm writing a PCL to Postscript-Converter. Unfortunately > I’m...

converting .ttf font to .pfa
I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, but having checked I couldn't see a suitable answer... I have some fonts in .ttf format. What tools (linux or windows based) can I used to convert these to .pfa format? Many thanks in advance On 5 Apr 2005, Dave Weaver wrote: > I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, It is. > but having checked I couldn't see a suitable answer... The answer is "Don't". -- Top-posting. What's the most irritating thing on Usenet? Dave Weaver wrote: > I would have thought this would have been a FAQ, but having ...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

Converting TTF to PRF fonts
Hi all... Just wondering if you have any ideas of how to convert TTF fonts to PRF fonts? Thanks Kathryn Kathryn Gill wrote: > Hi all... > Just wondering if you have any ideas of how to convert TTF fonts to PRF > fonts? > Thanks > Kathryn Bitstream offered "Web Font Maker" to do this. It has since been abandoned, in favor of the "Font Fusion", which I know little or nothing about - here's its web page: http://www.bitstream.com/font_rendering/products/font_fusion/index.html I think there was also something called Ex TrueDoc that did this - maybe it ...

How to convert a non-true type font to a true-type font?
Hello I am trying to convert a non-true type font( Myriad Pro) to be a true type font. For some reason, our company needs this font to work with our UI and it needs to be a true type font so I am trying to either: 1) find a very very similar true type font 2) make myriad pro into a true type font. pls. let me know if there is a more appropriate newsgroup for this question. cheers n nono umasy wrote: > Hello > > I am trying to convert a non-true type font( Myriad Pro) to be a true > type font. > For some reason, our company needs this font to work with our UI and > it ...

Read True Type Font (ttf) Tags (font name...)
I try to acces to the font name of my ttf fonts using a php script with the file name. I've found a script reading idv tags from mp3 files, but it's too specific. Can anyone say me how to read a ttf file in php ? Thanks, and sorry for my english. beb - BWT ...

How to get LaTeX-font bigger than 24 pt from ttf-font
Hello ! A few days ago I tried to make a TrueType-Font available for LaTeX also. It seemed to be successful but now I have the problem that the fonts show up in dvi- and ps-files correctly only for sizes not larger than 24 pt. I need them bigger (57pt). I use MikTeX 2.3. I don't know all too much about font-management in LaTeX, therefore I -like a stupid sheep- sticked strictly to the online-manual of Damir Rakityansky. The truetype-font is called pompc.ttf. I did the following: 1. I created TeX Font Metrics (tfm): ttf2tfm pompc.ttf -q -T T1-WGL4.enc -v ecpompc.vpl recpompc.tfm ...

Converting fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf
Hello I need to convert 3 fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf. How can I do that? Anyone done this before? Sorry I am new to this "font" matter... =) On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Georgios Zakitraxis wrote: > Hello I need to convert 3 fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf. Why? > How can I do that? Don't. > Anyone done this before? Probably - but why? -- Top-posting. What's the most irritating thing on Usenet? Whenever anyone asks this question, there are always replies advising against converting fonts. True, there is a slight, sometimes more-than-slight technical degradation wh...

Converting Mac Fonts "Helvetica Neue" to Window fonts
Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. Can anybody help me? Or anyone like to exchange fonts? Thank you! Claire wrote: > Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? > I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). > http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Kind regards Bj�rn Studio Smalbro > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Thanks for the info. To me, that is a major limitation. No hurry for that upgrade then! ...

[ANN] Font Collector allows you to convert fonts to and from many different formats
PRESS RELEASE: http://www.plkr.org/news/50 Alexander R. Pruss Friday November 19th 2004 - 14:42:22 Announcing Font Collector to convert fonts to many useful formats... "Font Collector" is a program which runs on PalmOS� version 5 or later that converts fonts from many other formats -- including fonts within applications you may have sitting around on your PDA -- to Fonts4OS5[1], FontHackV[2], FontSubst[3], PalmBible+[4], and Plucker[5] formats. It's free when used to convert fonts to PalmBible[4]+ and Plucker[5]. For other output formats, Font Collector is shareware (...

Can't copy OS 9 font suitcase to ~/Library/Fonts
Hello, Trying to copy fonts from our G4 (OS 9) to new G5 (OS X/Panther). Old Mac is mounted over the network via AFP. No problem browsing its folders or copying files. When I try to drag (copy) a font suitcase from the old Mac's System Folder/Fonts to ~/Library/Fonts, I get the following dialog box: Copy ____ The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for "VAG Rounded". Other Font Suitcase files have the same problem: can't copy them in. Loose Type 1 outline fonts can be copied in, but aren't recognized in Font Book. Stran...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

Re: Converting fonts from pfb/pfm to ttf
"Pilo Erector" <SIGardener@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:... > There is a program called TransType 2. > Produced by Font Lab... > Price is approximately US$90. The program is very easy to use and not confusing. > > "Character" <Char@cters.italic> wrote in message > news:j81Ld.212803$B07.29700@news.easynews.com... >> Larry Barowski wrote: >>> "Georgios Zakitraxis" <efzoni@yahoo.de> wrote in message >>> news:35ue5mF4qrh0kU1@individual.net... >>> >>>>Hello I need to convert 3 fonts...

Web resources about - Convert Suitcase Font to TTF? - comp.fonts

Suitcase nuke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A suitcase nuke is a tactical nuclear weapon which uses, or is portable enough that it could use a suitcase as its delivery method. Synonyms ...

Suitcases - packing checklist on the App Store on iTunes
Get Suitcases - packing checklist on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Wake County Library Book Sale: Suitcase o'Loot (Books) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This suitcase full of books cost us $39! I think I'm most excited about Howl's Moving Castle (which I've never read) and the P.G. Wodehouse collection. ...

How to Pack the Perfect Suitcase (for Men) - Mashable - YouTube
Leaving town for the weekend? We have packing tips to make sure the guys are prepared for anything the getaway has in store. Need tips for the ...

Suitcase found as experts race to verify whether wreckage found on Reunion Island is MH370
... have stated the aircraft wing part that washed up on the coast of Reunion Island could be from other known crashes in the area. A damaged suitcase ...

Chinese entrepreneur allegedly bringing in cash-filled suitcases
... a Toorak mansion for more than $20 million amid claims the businessman regularly flies into the country in a private plane carrying suitcases ...

Revealed: eBay link to jacket found with murdered girl in suitcase - HeraldSun Search Search
THIS is exact type of child’s coat found with the little girl dumped in a suitcase in the Murray Mallee.

Tommy Schaefer suitcase murder: Cousin Robert Bibbs’ text messages revealed
ROTTING in a prison in Bali over the disturbing murder of his girlfriend’s mother, things just got worse for 21-year-old Tommy Shaefer.

US woman's body found in suitcase in Bali
... police are conducting mental health checks on a US teenager suspected of killing her mother and stuffing her battered body into a suitcase on ...

Girl in suitcase: mother Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's identity used to rake in $90,000
Police suspect some of those involved in the murder of Karlie and Khandalyce Pearce-Stevenson hijacked the pair's identities&nbsp;after killing ...