Font Request: "The Batman" (Animated Series) Title Font

Hi, folks...

I've searched the net, but I can't find the font used on the opening
title of "The Batman" animated series.

I've found severals different fonts for Batman, from the "Batman &
Robin" Animated Series to "Batman Forever" and "Batman Bewins". But I
can't find anything on "The Batman".

Can you guys help me on this?

Regards,

MstrControl

comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

mstrcontrol@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, folks...
>
> I've searched the net, but I can't find the font used on the opening
> title of "The Batman" animated series.
>
> I've found severals different fonts for Batman, from the "Batman &
> Robin" Animated Series to "Batman Forever" and "Batman Bewins". But I
> can't find anything on "The Batman".
>
> Can you guys help me on this?

Not without a sample ...
0
Character

The sample can be found here:
http://www.batmans.de/images/large/the-batman-1280.gif

TIA

MstrControl

0
mstrcontrol
11/18/2005 7:01:28 AM
mstrcontrol@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The sample can be found here:
> http://www.batmans.de/images/large/the-batman-1280.gif
>
> TIA
>
> MstrControl

Sorry - I forgot which group I was in and posted an attachment.

Here's the message without attachments:

Not a font - all hand lettered (as were the original comic books).

Vaguely similar - Different bedrocks

Bedrock BT (Bitstream - originally with a Flintstones font package)
http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/flinstones.gif
(Can be downloaded there - just click on the image)

Bedrock (and variations) Free from Thud's Cave Art - but not there anymore
Sorry, but I can't find any pictures of this or the fonts themselves on-line.

Fonts can be posted for you in alt.binaries.fonts, but you can't get to that
newsgroup through google groups - you'd have to set up a newsreader (such as
outlook express) and subscribe to your ISP's news service.

BTW - there are other fonts named Bedrock that are irrelevant :)
NOT this bedrock
http://www.grsites.com/modperl/fontview.cgi?dir=b&fn=BEDROCK_
and NOT the commercial plain sanserif font named Bedrock

   - Character
0
Character

"Fonts" and "Faces"
Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces Each of them having Special Places (to be sung to the tune of "Love and Marriage" in the musical "Our Town"! I just want to anchor down the correct terminology. A "font" is such as Arno Pro and a "face" is, in the context of Arno Pro, "bold" or "italic" or "regular" and so on. So, the question is, am I correct? -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@me.com TaliesinSoft wrote: > Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces > Each of them having Special Places > > ...

[fonts] Installing "local" fonts (lm)
Hello, I recently tried to install fonts locally. I've got a local directory (let's say /mydir/latex) which contains a texmf directory. This dir (/mydir/latex) is exported to appear in $TEXINPUTS and i can successfully use packages installed in /mydir/latex/texmf/latex for example. As I was trying to install fonts (lm - latin modern - http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/lm/) I ended up with an issue (cannot use the fonts). Sadly, http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uselmfonts did not help, or i missed something trivial... Here is how I actually did this : 1/ extract the zip file as advised by the documentation (fonts dir in texmf/fonts, docs in texmf/doc, tex in texmf/latex) 2/ make updmap find the lm.map and use it : updmap --enable Map /mydir/latex/texmf/fonts/map/lm.map 3/ update the list of packages/fonts in texmf : mktexlsr /mydir/latex/texmf) 4/ try to use it in tex files... Here it goes... => kpathsea: Running mktextfm ec-lmss9 mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-lmss9 This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6) kpathsea: Running mktexmf ec-lmss9 ! I can't find file `ec-lmss9'. <*> ...ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-lmss9 (and the same goes for all lm classes :s) So my guess is that kpathsea does not find the directory /mydir/latex (that's why i tried to put the full path to lm.map with updmap), is there an easyway to tell kpathsea to add /mydir/latex ...

"Font not available" error. How do I get the font??
Hi All, I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the alternative to replace the original fonts with some others. However, in the above described situation, how can I get this or that font? Specially when it tells me the "font family so and so" is not available? TIA, jbr On Jun 20, 2006, BigBen wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that > some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the > altern...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar way. What else could be wrong? Martin Magnusson <martin@xx-blecket-xx.org> writes: >I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux >system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 > >I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in >my document, LaTeX says: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined > (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. > >I have all fd files installed under >/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under >/usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. this isn't good policy: the texmf-local tree is for additions like this. >I have run texhash after putting >the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar >way. What else could be wrong? last i looked, there wasn't an adobe...

Font Book vs. "Those Professional Font Managers"
Here's an example of something that is trivial to do in Apple's Font Book and I'm curious as to how easily the same thing is accomplished in one of the "professional" font managers such as Font Explorer or Suitcase Fusion. When Adobe's Creative Suite 2 is installed a folder is created in Library/Application Support/Fonts that contains some 180 .otf files each of which contains a single face within a font family. Thus a given font family can be represented by one or more .otf files. What is helpful (at least to me) is to place all of the .otf files for a given ...

"Le Petit Prince" or "The Little Prince" Cover Title FONT searching
Does anyone know wich is the FONT of the title in the cover of the famous book "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry? If you don�t know the book you could find an example in: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/2070408507.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://www.space.com/images/h_little_prince_000905_03.jpg Thank you. Ilargizuri wrote: > Does anyone know wich is the FONT of the title in the cover of the > famous book "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry? It. Is. Not. A. Font. (Sigh.) -- Lars Trebing | http://www.ltrebing.de/ | mailto:ltrebing@ltre...

Converting Mac Fonts "Helvetica Neue" to Window fonts
Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. Can anybody help me? Or anyone like to exchange fonts? Thank you! Claire wrote: > Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? > I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). > http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Kind regards Bj�rn Studio Smalbro > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Thanks for the info. To me, that is a major limitation. No hurry for that upgrade then! ...

Font Installer: "The process for the fonts protocol died unexpectedly"
Hey there :) I've had this problem with a couple of later KDE versions. I used to be able to browse my Fontfolio fonts (a lot of fonts), but lately (I think with 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 (my current version) - I think it was okay with 3.2.3) it starts reading fonts, then after about 1000 fonts, it stops and I get a popup with "The process for the fonts protocol died unexpectedly". What could be the cause of this? TIA, Daniel -- I win! DanielEKFA wrote: > Hey there :) > > I've had this problem with a couple of later KDE versions. I used to be > able to browse my Fontfolio fonts (a lot of fonts), but lately (I think > with 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 (my current version) - I think it was okay with > 3.2.3) it starts reading fonts, then after about 1000 fonts, it stops and > I get a popup with "The process for the fonts protocol died unexpectedly". > What could be the cause of this? > > TIA, > Daniel > > Of course I forget a lot of details here, d'oh! I'm on Mandrake 10.1 Official and I'm using the KDE Control Center to browse my fonts. -- I win! ...

EPS for AGU journal: "outline" fonts or embed supported fonts?
Hello all, I am still struggling to get AGU to properly use my EPS figures (in which text is replaced using psfrag) in the form I intend. My remaining problem is that it appears the CM fonts are embedded in some of the figures and that these are not supported by AGU. I say some because not all figures share this problem. The solution proposed by AGU is as follows: "All of the resubmitted figures were used in the proofs you have received. However, many of those figures were submitted with fonts that were not outlined and with fonts that AGU do not support. Thus, the figures in question (P04, F04, P07, F08, P08 & F08) have taken on font substitutes. In order to resolve the font substitute issues, please make sure to outline the fonts prior to resubmitting. Doing this will make them vector based objects instead of font files. Another solution would be to use a more common font style such as ARIAL or TIMES NEW ROMAN. Follows is a list of fonts found that we can not support: CMR8 CMR9 CMR12 CMSY9 CMSY10 CMMI9 " I was surprised because I did not realize that some figures (from the same application) have embedded fonts while others are in outline mode. I am further surprised that AGU do not support CM fonts. Critically, I do not know how to "outline" fonts at all. What I have done in producing the final figures is to use the endfloat package to shift figures to separate pages at the end of my compiled PS file, extracted each PS page sep...

Re: "Friskfonter 1.0"- Freeware Germanic Scripts: Runes and Gothic, Junicode Fonts, IPA Fonts 465418
I downloaded the fonts, scanned for viruses and Trojans and opened the .exe file. It was clean. Interesting fonts. How about a good Black Letter font too? DSH Exitus Acta Probat "D. Spencer Hines" <poguemidden@hotmail.com> wrote: > How about a good Black Letter font too? http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/index.htm HTH Andreas Thank You Kindly! DSH "Andreas H�feld" <sendnospam@vorsichtbissig.de> wrote in message news:eattt2$sa1$1@ulysses.news.tiscali.de... "D. Spencer Hines" <poguemidden@hotmail.com> wrote: ...

font ID -- title from movie "Kismet"
Does anyone recgonize the font that is used for the title for the movie "Kismet"? Thanks in advance. In article <0pijd0t6k3ibuvg9ikepcnp3uss7b3fl9a@4ax.com>, motor <motorboatertaken@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone recgonize the font that is used for the title for the > movie "Kismet"? > > Thanks in advance. IMDb name and title search A search for "Kismet" found the following results: Exact Matches (14 matches, by popularity) 1. Kismet (1944) 2. Kismet (1955) 3. Kismet (1999) 4. Kismet (2000) 5. Kismet (1956) 6. Kismet (1932) 7. K...

Any good "free "font" Sites?
Does anyone have any good websites that have a well-rounded collection of free fonts? Seems as though any site that has more than 30 fonts for free has over 400000 advertisements popping up. If anyone cares to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. "David Kopycinski" <hardbeats@rogers.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any good websites that have a well-rounded >collection of free fonts? Seems as though any site that has more >than 30 fonts for free has over 400000 advertisemen...

combining "text-align: center" and "font-size: 22px"

REQUEST: Font used in the "Joe Boxer" logo
Looking for the font used in the "Joe Boxer" logo... either ID of the font name, or preferably, the font itself. Don't forget to remove the "_removethistoreply_" if you reply privately. Thanks! :o) ...

"Simone" Font?
Anyone know what font is used for the S1MONE movie-for the title name? Thanks! Dragon wrote: > Anyone know what font is used for the S1MONE movie-for the title name? > > Thanks! I don't mean to be rude, but there are many of us who aren't familiar with that particular movie and aren't about to go hunting around the net looking for a sample. How about a link? -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? My mistake....apologies. ;) http://www.s1m0ne.com Thanks! DrGn "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstic...

"Pseudocode Font"
How would I use the font that generates pseudocode? - Kwaj ...

Ghostscript 8,64 installation on Windows -- missing "Fonts" and "Resources"?
I installed the Windows version of Ghostscript 8.64 using the installer (from http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/current/) which was the only one I was able to find. However, I guess there is a bug in this installer in that it does not install any "Fonts" nor any "Resources" directory and also no "Fontmap" file. These items I do expect being present because the documentation ("Fonts.htm") does talk about these being distributed with Ghostscript. Did this change recently? Am I expected to install the fonts from other sources? Like, using the "urwfonts-1.41.tar.bz" package that I found somewhere else? The www.ghostscript.com website did not have any obvious link (at least not one which I found) to a fonts download location. I have seen an older Ghostscript (8.54) on a colleague's notebook, where there are non-empty Fonts and Resources directories within the Ghostscript install location. Could I possibly copy those over and use with Ghostscript 8.64? Friday 08 May 2009 > However, I guess there is a bug in this installer in that it does not > install any "Fonts" nor any "Resources" directory and also no > "Fontmap" file. These items I do expect being present because the > documentation ("Fonts.htm") does talk about these being distributed > with Ghostscript. My understanding is that with 8.63, the fonts and resources are now included in a dll. For most...

changing font in the headings of the documentclass "scrbook" & left-adjusted title page
Hello, dear NewsGroup, I'm sorry I'm just a beginner at LaTeX, so my question may be too simple. I want to change the font in the headings (title, chapter names, subsection names etc.) of my document (which uses the "scrbook" class) to a seriff font. I would like to have the same font you get for the headings in the documentclass "book", but I still want to maintain the documentclass "scrbook" if possible. Is there any possibility to put some commands in the header of my document to change it? And another problem is this - I use the "twoside" option with the "scrbook" documentclass. Strangely my title page is left-adjusted, but I would like it to be right-adjusted. I've found this by googeling: \hypersetup {pdfpagelayout=TwoColumnRight} , but where do I insert this command? It is not recognized and counted as error no matter where I put it. What am I doing wrong? Kind regards Charman Charman wrote: > Hello, dear NewsGroup, > > I'm sorry I'm just a beginner at LaTeX, so my question may be too > simple. > > I want to change the font in the headings (title, chapter names, > subsection names etc.) of my document (which uses the "scrbook" class) I'm not very well up in the KomaScript classes, but the principles should be the same: a. Read The FAQ. That's what it's there for. In your case, this is http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=titlsty b. i...

What is a "Professional" Font Manager?
Several times in different internet discussions, not in this newsgroup, I've commented that I've been very satisfied with Font Book, the font management application which is bundled with current Macintosh system software. And, literally every time I had one of these discussions the comment was made to me that Font Book wasn't a "professional" font manager. So, the question is, just what differentiates a "professional" font manager from one that is supposedly otherwise? -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@mac.com On the Windows plat...

Help on "wasy" font
Dear all Can any one send me the full family of "wasy" series?(wasy9, wasy10, wasy12, both ".pfb" and ".pfm"). Now I am having "wasy10" only. Thanks and Regards Saravanan,M. Saravanan_Typesetter@yahoo.co.in (Saravanan,M.) schrieb: > Dear all > > Can any one send me the full family of "wasy" series?(wasy9, wasy10, > wasy12, both ".pfb" and ".pfm"). Search in on ctan. http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=websearch -- Ulrike Fischer e-mail: zus�tzlich meinen Vornamen vor dem @ einf�gen. e-mail: add my first name between the news and the @. Saravanan,M. wrote: > Can any one send me the full family of "wasy" series?(wasy9, wasy10, > wasy12, both ".pfb" and ".pfm"). Look at CTAN: tex-archive/fonts/wasy/ tex-archive/fonts/wasy2/ HTH, -- Arjen Bax s/-/./g for my real e-mail address. Don't force it. Use a larger hammer. Thanks for both of U. I need the italic version of the wasy fonts. Is there any possiblities? Thanks and Regards Saravanan,M. India Arjen Bax <j-a-bax@freeler.nl> wrote in message news:<bqpsg2$dvs$1@reader10.wxs.nl>... > Saravanan,M. wrote: > > > Can any one send me the full family of "wasy" series?(wasy9, wasy10, > > wasy12, both ".pfb" and ".pfm"). > > Look at CTAN: > tex-archive/fonts/wasy/ > tex-archive/fonts/wasy2/ > HTH, "Saravanan,...

TTX "improving" a font
I've tried running a few fonts through TTX and back and have noticed a few puzzling changes: (1) All the glyph bounding boxes get recalculated, often to 15% to 25% smaller than original. (2) The numberOfHMetrics value in one font got changed from 141 to 140. The questions are: (1) Can shrinking the bounding boxes cause any compatibility problems with old apps that may have been fine-tuned to use the older, sloppier boxes? (2) Any idea why TTX would compute a different number of Glyphs than in the original TT font file? Any answers appreciated. Regards, George On Thu, 18 J...

font with "toys" letter
Hello, All! Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? With best regards, -= Luca =-. -= Luca =- wrote: > Hello, All! > > Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? > > With best regards, -= Luca =-. > > Sorry, forgot which group I was in when I attached the file. (Maybe you'll be lucky and get it anyway) There's a font named ToyBox by Chris Brown An old demo version is here: http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fontscom.html If you have access to alt.binaries.fonts I'll post Geoffrey there. It has the full character set AND...

looking for "celtic" font
Hi all, i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish pubs. AFAIK, the font is called "american uncial" or "hammerscript" or "new hammer uncial". Is there a LaTeX-package that provides this fontfamily or s.t. similiar (not the historical uncial, which is easy available)? thank you for any information Andreas AvR> From: Andreas =?ISO 8859-1?Q?K=2E_H=2E_von_R=FCden?= <Andreas.von.Rueden@web.de> AvR> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:58:18 +0200 AvR> i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish AvR> pubs. AFAIK, the font is called "american uncial" or AvR> "hammerscript" or "new hammer uncial". AvR> Is there a LaTeX-package that provides this fontfamily or AvR> s.t. similiar (not the historical uncial, which is easy AvR> available)? TeX support is here: http://contrapunctus.net/league/haques/fs500tex/ You need to buy the font, of course. Try contacting joyce@fontsite.com -- Good luck -Boris Forecast, n.: A prediction of the future, based on the past, for which the forecaster demands payment in the present. On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:58:18 +0200, Andreas K. H. von R�den <Andreas.von.Rueden@web.de> wrote: >Hi all, > >i am looking for a "celtic" font as seen at the signs of Irish pubs. AFAIK, >the font is called "american uncial" or "hammerscript" or "new hammer >uncial&...

using "*" font for password
I am creating a sign-in screen in FM7 Advanced and want the passwor field to be filled in with a * (star) instead of a normal font o replacing the color to be the same as the background. In searching saw that lifesucces.org at one time had sucha free utility- but it i no longer available on their site. Any help is appreciate - rponz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message513529.htm In article <1101257052.hZHdvEzwcv5VOObi7cqJYA@tng>, rponzo <rponzo.1g7710@mail.webservertalk.com> wrote: > I am creating a sign-in screen in FM7 Advanced and want the passwordfield to > be filled in with a * (star) instead of a normal font orreplacing the color > to be the same as the background. In searching Isaw that lifesucces.org at > one time had sucha free utility- but it isno longer available on their site. > Any help is appreciated The simplest way is to just format the field on the layout to use WingDings or some other picture / symbol font. You could create your own (or probably download) "Password" font that has nothing but one character. Either way you need to make sure the font is always on whatever computer the database will be used on. The only real disadvantage here is that the text can be copied from the password field, pasted into any wo...

Web resources about - Font Request: "The Batman" (Animated Series) Title Font - comp.fonts