font to use in another font

I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the
characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English
glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use
in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks.

-John

John Baima
0
John
7/11/2009 4:42:08 PM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>,
 John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote:

> I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the
> characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English
> glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use
> in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks.
>
> -John
>
> John Baima

I don't know of any that are completely free of copyright (by which I
assume you mean Public Domain), but Nimbus Roman (URW's version of Times
New Roman) has been released under the GPL and might serve your purposes.

You can find it at

http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=urw-base35

Andre
0