How do I print a sample of all my fonts

Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
create a doc in MS Word whoing every one

I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?

TIA

Douglas
comp.fonts 4583 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
good font managment, too.

"Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> fonts I have on my PC.
>
> I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
>
> I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
>
> TIA
>
> Douglas

0
Achim
11/5/2003 7:52:16 AM
In article <boaa9q$1br3qs$1@ID-27981.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Achim Schulze" <neuber.SPAMIsEVIL@gmx.net> wrote:
\
Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

MP

"Douglas" schrieb:
    Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

and "Achim Schulze" answered
      > Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph -

To which "G. Michael Paine" replied:
      > Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

and Character responds:

Since you're not Douglas, who originally asked for the information, why
is this unfortunate? Typograf answers the problem as posted.  (As does
Printers Apprentice, BTW)
0
Character

How to print permutations?
If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then hoe to print there all permutations? for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... Shraddha wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for example....abc, bac, cab.......all of them.... > Are all of these questions school work or something? On 25 Maj, 14:44, Shraddha <shraddhajosh...@gmail.com> wrote: > If we have three variables a,b,c...which are char variables....then > hoe to print there all permutations? > for ex...

print math symbol into image created with GD
Hy! I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the symbol for delta and my). Is there an easy way to do that? Best regards, Kai Kai Schlamp schreef: > I am using the GD::Simple libs to draw a simple diagram. My problem > is, that I have to put some math symbols in there (for example the > symbol for delta and my). > Is there an easy way to do that? Yes, with a proper font. -- Affijn, Ruud "Gewoon is een tijger." Yep ... figured it out ... used a truetype font named symbol.tt...

read file and print contents
hello, im new to ruby and i have a text file and want to read in the file and print it out. so far iv got the following. I'd greatly appreciate any help. thanks. text file (reference.txt): Tag: ref1 Type: Book Author: Little, S R ruby file: #!/usr/local/bin/ruby # # # read file and print # ARGV.each do |fn| begin (fn == '-' ? STDIN : File.open(fn)).each_line do |l| if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ' ' } end puts l end -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. I would change if $indent > 0 (1..$indent).each { print ...

Re: help with print/page #3
tomarsin2015@comcast.net wrote on 03/03/2006 12:28:27 PM: > Thanks for replies. > AFRICA> sqf laserjet5l > Printer queue LASERJET5l, idle, on AFRICA::"10.120.201.200:9100", > mounted form DEFAULT > <laserjet 5l> > /BASE_PRIORITY=4 /DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) Lowercase > /OWNER=[SYSTEM] > /PROCESSOR=TCPIP$TELNETSYM /PROTECTION=(S:M,O:D,G:R,W:S) > > Entry Jobname Username Blocks Status > ----- ------- -------- ------ ------ > 103 TAPE0909 SYSTEM 3139 Holding > Submitt...

Color Printing
Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color Stylewriter, perhaps? Pat Patricia Glenn wrote: > Is there any other color printer I can use with the IIGS other than the > Imagewriter II? I read through the FAQs and didn't see anything other than > the Epson LQ mentioned. Is there anything else I can use? A Color > Stylewriter, perhaps? > > Pat I had my Epson Color Stylus 800 colour inkjet printe...

font with "toys" letter
Hello, All! Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? With best regards, -= Luca =-. -= Luca =- wrote: > Hello, All! > > Where i can download font with "toys" letter ? > > With best regards, -= Luca =-. > > Sorry, forgot which group I was in when I attached the file. (Maybe you'll be lucky and get it anyway) There's a font named ToyBox by Chris Brown An old demo version is here: http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fontscom.html If you have access to alt.binaries.fonts I'll post Geoffrey there. It has the full character set AND...

black \nabla with MATHDESIGN fonts
I use MikTeX (recent release, regularly updated) under Win2K. I have been able to install fonts for the Mathdesign package which allows for the typesetting of math symbols appropriate for the adobe-utopia, urw-garamond and bitstream-charter set of text fonts (freely available). Everything seems to be OK, also for complex files. However, I have a strange problem. With options: \usepackage[utopia]{mathdesign} \usepackage[garamond]{mathdesign} the $\nabla$ character turns out solid black (I mean: the usual symbol with a completely black interior) both in the .dvi file as seen from YAP ...

I wanna to print two copies of a print job from two different trays
Hi , I have a very critical printing incidence, At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the HP 4250tn printer. Can your know a software that has a feature to avail it? Please guide ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO POST THAT YOU GOOTA BE REAL DUMB mannubhai wrote: >Hi , >I have a very critical printing incidence, >At one of my customer's premises, we need to print two copies of >every invoice, and we need to direct each copy to different tray of the > >HP 4250tn pri...

Trouble Printing Yellow On HP R80xi+
I have a 3 year old HP Multifunction R80xi ink jet printer that I have probably printed a total of 2,500 pages on. For some reason I can not get it to print yellow. I have installed brand new ink cartridges (both black and color) and have cleaned, calibrated, and done everything else I can think of. Also have searched HP's site for help. I am running 98SE. Can anybody give some guidance? -- <Bill> Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska. N 53� 51.140' W 166� 30.228' (WGS 84) ...

how to print document generated by man?
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:57:24 +0300, serg wrote: Please bookmark the following, very large, Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search print man document in the first box *unix* in Newsgroup, U need 2 use *, pick English Results 1 - 10 of about 3,580 for print man document group:*unix*. (1.41 seconds) In article <cer4oe$2bm$1@snake.ukrnet.net>, serg <serg@sigma.icmp.lviv.ua> wrote: > > > man command | col -b Chuck Demas -- Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all, Stay Fit ...

more than one print to a page
I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? Thanks. Bob On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:49:40 -0500, "robertmcdonaldph" <robertmcdonaldph@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I suspect this is a basic question, but I would appreciate help. How do I >place multiple images on one page to be printed? I guess it comes down to, >how do I add a second image to a page to be printed? > >Thanks. > >Bob > Are you usin...

Printing problems
Hi all. I'm running MacOS X 10.3.5 on a G4 iMac. My printer is an HP LaserJet 3330mfp, connected via the USB port. Yesterday, printing stopped working. The connectivity is OK; System Profiler can find the printer. Just for fun, I tried updating the printer driver software, which was at version 4.0.9. Going to the HP website, I found that the software is currently at version 5.9.5. After the update, I found that I could print, but my wife (the other user of this machine) cannot. Any print job she sends out hangs indefinitely in the queue. Furthermore, once she attempts to print, ...

How print pdf file without Acrobat Reader ?
Hello I've created a pdf file with ItextSharp. How can I print this file without Acrobat Reader ? Is it possible ? Thanks Olivier "Olivier" <aa@aa.aa> wrote: >I've created a pdf file ... >How can I print this file without Acrobat Reader ? By using a different tool that reads PDF and can print it to your printer (e.g. GhostScript); or by sending it to one of the (very few) printers that understand PDF. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don&#...

antialias fonts
I am wondering whether IDL provides the possiblity to use antialiasing for better font display. Even when using true-type fonts, e.g. by device,set_font='Times',/tt, the characters look a bit ugly (especially at small sizes) due to the black/white rendering. Right now I am using the Z buffer to create plots at larger sizes and rebin the tvrd() output to the nominal size to overcome the problem. But since antialiasing is common nowadays I thought I have overlooked the corresponding IDL capabilities. with kind regards, Bringfried Stecklum Hi Bringfried, On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Bringfrie...

Problems Displaying the Top 2 Pixels of a Font
I'm on Mac OS X using FM 10 Adv. I have a client that needs a particular font for printouts they give to customers, but FM always displays the font with the top two pixels of the top line chopped off. I've tried the following solutions: 1. Make field taller than the space needed to display font. This doesn't change the cropping problem even when the field is much taller. 2. Set vertical text alignment to Center. This solves the problem, but aligning text to vertical center defeats sliding, which is necessary for their printouts. 3. Change line spacing in para...

PostScript Type 3 fonts and '/BuildGlyph' procedure
I have to assume that the code example given in the "PostScript Language Reference Manual, 3rd Edition" (PDF version) on page 342 (page number: 356) [1] is simplified more than acceptable by making assumptions which aren't true all the time. Especially the "width" and "bounding box" parameters are considered constant for all glyphs within that font which is true only for monospaced fonts. Does anyone happen to know of a more detailled "tutorial" on Type 3 font creation (PDF preferred very much)? Michael [1] | /BuildGlyph % Stack ...

Printing and saving figures
Hello everyone, Im having trouble saving figures that i plot in Scilab 3.0. A line always comes up saying that the new plot saving format is not available. Is this an error on my part during installation, or a bug? I'm running on Windows 2000. Thank you! ...

Printing Question/Problem
I have run into a weird printing problem. This is with wxWindows 2.4.0 on Windows 2000. I am printing basically a page with several small (about 1/4" square) black and white images. When I print to an HP LasertJet 1200 on my desk, the spool file is under 1MB, so no problem. When I instead print to our LaserJet 4100, the spool file ends up being 30MB! I also noticed that when I change the 1200 driver from a PCL driver to a PS driver that the size increases as well. I tried chaning to a PCl driver on the 4100 and it didn't change the size. Does anybody have an ide...

Print Reports as PDF: Cannot print
I have a procedure to automate .pdf reports. I set the default printer to the pdfwriter driver before running. When the procedure runs, some of the reports get an error: "Cannot print, the file is in use or locked". Any ideas? Win2k and Access v8. This sounds like a problem with PDFWriter, not with Access. Is it possible that you're trying to print to an open file? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Access Guy" <accessguy1010@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:365f86b8.0401090859.66eb2bb@posting.google...

image to cad prints
I was asked to give a price for converting hard copies to cad, I priced on either scaning and tracing in cad or digitizing. I was undercut by a company who offer vector conversions (I'm not bitter:-). My previous experience with vector conversions is that they don't work very well, this was some years ago so they have probably improved somewhat, the output cad drawing had loads of little lines that made up one big line, it didn't recognixe the text and also made them loads of lines, by the end of it I still had to trace over the output drawing which took a similar sort of ti...

Re: HP 5170
Please ignore this one - have reposted - got printer no wrong in subject "Chris B" <chris.brogan@thefreeinternet.co.uk> wrote in message news:... > I do not have the option to print on 5 x 7 paper on my print menu. > > I want to print colour photos to this size paper. > > Any idea how I can resolve this? > > Many thanks > > Chris > > ...

Clipper Print problems
I've has a Clipper 5.2 program that I've been using since the late 80's. All of a sudden, the print routines have gone wacky. It puts additional lines in the print stream or doesn't advance to the next line. I've tried re-compiling the code and it won't compile. Help! Dear dd1630: <dd1630@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1191468272.339739.51420@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > I've has a Clipper 5.2 program that I've been using since > the late 80's. Be sure you have updated to 5.2e. > All of a sudden, the print routines have gone wa...

print all excel sheet in the folder
hello, i want to create an autoprint function if my vi.how do i print all the excel files in a directory?thank you in advance basically, i want to list the file names in the directory and print all files.. my files happen to be excel format, so i want to print all of the files..i dont want to have to open up every file and click on the print button, one at a time.. If they're really true-blue Excel files (as opposed to tab-delimited text files), then you can use ActiveX to call the "<a href="http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.tools.excel.worksheet.prin...

Changing Font in Mailbox List
Using Eudora 6.1.2.0, Sponsored Mode- I've been changing various font sizes and other settings due to getting a new monitor and going to a higher screen resolution. I now have things about how I want them, except that the list of mailbox titles (which I have docked on the left side) is all in bold type. Previously the mailbox titles were in standard type and when messages came in the titles of boxes with new messages would turn bold to indicate that they contained new unread mail. I would like to get this feature back. Is there any way to change the font style/size in just this...

LaTeX/dvips/cups printing problem
I'm having a problem with the page numbers of a LaTeX document printing about 2" down from the top of the page, right over other information. I wanted the page numbers at the bottom of the page and I didn't do anything fancy to try and move them, they just moved themselves. It seems to happen more often when I try to force a \newpage. Also any time I use \vspace it seems to be ignored. The text or floats print on top of each other all messed up. I'm sure this is some strange configuration problem, but I can't solve it and need help. I've searched through google a...