How do I print a sample of all my fonts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
create a doc in MS Word whoing every one

I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?

TIA

Douglas
0
Reply dougsdir24 (8) 11/3/2003 7:09:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
good font managment, too.

"Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> fonts I have on my PC.
>
> I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
>
> I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
>
> TIA
>
> Douglas

0
Reply Achim 11/5/2003 7:52:16 AM

In article <boaa9q$1br3qs$1@ID-27981.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Achim Schulze" <neuber.SPAMIsEVIL@gmx.net> wrote:
\
Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

MP

> Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
> samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
> good font managment, too.
>

> "Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> > fonts I have on my PC.
> >
> > I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> > create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
> >
> > I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Douglas

0
Reply G 11/5/2003 3:57:19 PM

"Douglas" schrieb:
    Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

and "Achim Schulze" answered
      > Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph -

To which "G. Michael Paine" replied:
      > Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

and Character responds:

Since you're not Douglas, who originally asked for the information, why
is this unfortunate? Typograf answers the problem as posted.  (As does
Printers Apprentice, BTW)
0
Reply Character 11/5/2003 4:21:04 PM
comp.fonts 4567 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Printing font samples
I'm looking for some advice on printing font samples. I have a list of things I'd like, but I can't seem to find an application that will give me what I need. I hope someone out there can provide some guidance. Requirements: #0 - Must run under Windows. #1 - Program must be able to print samples of fonts not installed. #2 - For each font, I must be able to print the full character set, font name and font location. Text block is a plus. I don't mind if there is more than one font on a page as long as the full character set is visible. I don't like it when I can't vie...

printing font sample -- rdfont01v2
At my last employer I used an IBM utility named rdfont01v2 to print out a whole set of font samples. I don't remember if this utility was on a CD, for instance the AFP Font Collection (5648-B45), or if I downloaded it. I do remember following some paper documentation on installing and using it. Now however, I can't seem to find out anything about this utility or an alternative method of printing font samples. Does anyone know anything about rdfont01v2? Thanks, Charles Wilt -- iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America ph: 513-573-4343 f...

Samples, samples, samples...
What's your favourite (and characteristic) set of samples from old Amiga games? I have some canditates: Chaos Engine: "Food!", "Chaos activated" Alien Breed: "Player one requires first aid / ammo / keys", "Welcome to Intex system", "Destruction is imminent" Mega-lo-mania: "We nuked them!" ;), "You've got it bastard", "No way!", "We control the sector" and "We won" of course. Dune 2: "Enemy unit destroyed / is approaching" along with immortal "Yes sir!" and...

GS8.50/Windows
I've seen this question asked before, but haven't been able to find an answer, and will be grateful for any help. Is there a way to print out a set of pages with samples of all the fonts currently available in Ghostscript under Windows? I'm using AFPL Ghostscript 8.50 under Win98SE and Windows XP, and I have a copy of the old allfont.ps file by Wayne Neely, which works perfectly with a real PostScript printer. I've tried using this command line while in the directory with allfont.ps: f:\gs\gs8.50\bin\gswin32c.exe -If:\gs\gs8.50;f:\gs\fonts -sDEVICE=laserjet - dNOPAUSE -sOutpu...

Printing with specific font-type and font-size
Hi I am relatively new to Java, and need to create an applet that will print a document with a specific font-type and font-size. I succeeded in printing a document, but I don't know how to correctly specify the font-type and font-size. I searched on the Internet, but there are many different ways explained and they all seem a bit cumbersome to me (last time I did printing was with the Visual Basic Printer object, which is really straightforward). The font-type and font-size would be valid for the whole document, I do not need to change them along the way. Would someone be able to provid...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

Questions about printing, printing and printing
Hi everybody. A friend of mine give me two HP calculators he dont'use anymore: an HP-28S and an HP-17BII. Including my HP-49G+, now I have 3 HP calculators that are able to print (on a "grand total" of 6 HP calculators). I would like to print something but I don't want to spend too much (my wife can't understand). Now the questions: 1. Are some printers out there compatible with the 3 calcs? 2. Do you know if is there a IR printer server that can be connected to an external printer (USB, parallel, RS232, etc.). 3. Do know if is possibile to use a PC as a printer...

Fonts and Printing
I am making a brochure for a client, and I am making at actual size so that it is 'copy ready'. The main issue I have is the font: the maximum sized fonts I use in photoshop is way too small for a 4 inch x 9 inch brochure. I used the little window in photoshop (I am using CS) where the font size can be increased by taking the font from 100% to 200%. The problem is that in the "proof" for the brochure, the fonts are just slightly pixelated. Is there a way to increase font size without gaining that pixelization? Thanks, -MR "MW" <newsgroups@tesseract.info...

Fonts and Printing
Hello, Scenario: I am developing a Java application which is to run both on Windoze and Linux PCs. I have designed a report [using JasperReports] specifying the fonts for the report fields ("Times New Roman" and "Arial"). The print-out looks fine on the Windows machine where the reports were originally designed. However, on the Debian Linux PC the fonts aren't found although they are installed. Question: a) Where and how are the fonts picked up from? b) Can the fonts be deployed with the application? -- Regards/Gru´┐Ż, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz Tarlika Elisabe...

To print or not to print
What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program as a diagnostic, removes an error? -- Dieter Britz (dieterbritz<at>yahoo.com) Dieter Britz wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program > as a diagnostic, removes an error? Array bound violation is the most likely. Some additional memory space is allocated for the purpose of the print statement, and the array then overflows into that space without any visible effect. Dieter Britz <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print sta...

printing sample
I was looking at the printing sample that comes with wx widgets. I noticed that after I changed everything to landscape in the page setup. The print preview still shows up in portrait. My code is very similar to this sample. How can I get the page setup stuff working. This is using 2.6 with gtk and linux. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Printing Sample; was Re: [wxMac] pimpl on the face of printing: almost there
Hi Robert=20 > (2) The page number, which is present in the preview image,=20 > has disappeared from the printout. But I think that's because=20 > in MyFrame::Draw(), just before drawing the page number, the=20 > following appears: >=20 > dc->SetUserScale(1.0, 1.0); >=20 > Since m_testFont is 10 pt, this means the page number will be=20 > drawn in text 10 device pixels high -- which, for a 600 dpi=20 > printer, is 1.2 point type. > (And indeed, if you change the font size to something=20 > ridiculously large, like 50 pt, you can ...

print pagemaker 6.5 to pfd -> when printing fonts are lost
Hi, I'am relatively new to Pagemaker. Problem is: when printing my result to .pdf the fonts are lost when I print the file on paper. It prints a sort of courier font I use the fonts verdana and trebuchet Pagemaker is 6.5 Printer is HP L 1100 The pdf printerdriver is a freeware version. I forgot the name -Should I install more fonts? -Can it be a printermemory problem? On 5 Nov 2004 00:44:37 -0800, interact@freemail.nl (Stephan) wrote: >Problem is: when printing my result to .pdf the fonts are lost when I >print the file on paper. It prints a sort of courier font >I use the font...

Font for printing SCS Data via Host Print Transform in Raster Mode
Hi together! I set up a printer for Host Print Transform in Raster Mode (see also my last posting) for printing SBCS and DBCS characters. For testing I create a spoolfile with WRKQRY command so that I have some SBCS and some DBCS characters. Setting sysvalue QIGCCDEFNT and QIGCFNTSIZ works for DBCS characters but how can I change font/font-size for the normal SBCS characters? Changing font/font-size in printerfile or device-description does not have any effect. The font SBCS characters are printed looks like 10 cpi Courier. cu Martin Dear Martin, Where the fonts embedded in HPT raster mode...

From N-sample frame to sample-by-sample
Hi, If I have N-sample frames with a frame rate of M-frames/sec, how would I convert this into a sample based stream at NM-samples/sec? A explanation would be great, but a simple 3 or 4 block model would be exceptional. Regards, Phil Hi Phil, The "Unbuffer" block in the Signal Processing Blockset does this - it's just a masked version of the "buffer" block with the output frame size set to 1. Regards, --Don "phil" <phil_simulink@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:cas571$gue$1@news.storm.ca... > Hi, > > If I have N-sample frames with a...

[wx 2.4.0, redhat 7.3, gcc 2.96] Font sample cannot find scalable fonts on custom linux machine
[wx 2.4.0, redhat 7.3, gcc 2.96] Font sample cannot find scalable fonts on custom linux machine Hi, I am trying to use a True Type font in a wxWindows application running on linux. I'm also new to most of the technologies invloved, linux, wxWidgets, and KDrive (a slimmed down XFree86 build). My current application uses the KDrive/TinyX Xvesa Xserver built with XFree86 4.2.0 code. I upgraded to XFree86 4.5.0 because that version of KDrive/TinyX supports client-side scalable fonts. The bitmapped font currently used is either coming from KDrive or the wxWidgets software (...

Evolution Print Font
This is a problem I've been trying to solve for about five years, and have never come up with an answer..... I've used Evolution as my primary desktop email client for many years, but the one thing that's always tweaked my gourd is the dumber-than-dirt MASSIVE print font they use when you print a message. Now, you can adjust the /display/ font without any problem, but I haven't found any way to change the PRINT font from the freaking CRAYON size it uses. Printing a HTML mail seems to fair a little better, but even with that there is no way to control anything on the pr...

Font printing problem
I have X3 installed on two computers at work. I created a drawing using the font "Lithograph". On both computers, the font appears correct. When I print, one prints correctly, while the other prints the same font but much bolder. I have checked and rechecked all the print settings, and they are identical. My main concern is that I run a laser engraver with the "defective" computer, and right now the laser is engraving the bold font! The customer, however, approved the original font. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks, Peter Well, one quick che...

Font Sample Viewers
Hiya. I'm looking for reccs on a nice font sample viewer. I'm using eBookfaces, which is almost perfect - you just pick a font, and print a sample as a PDF. Nice and quick. However I've been using a lot of dingbat fonts lately, and I need something that will let me print a sample of the entire (Unicode) font. The drop-down-character-palette-y programs haven't been working well for me, because some of the Unicode fonts have some weird baseline or something... Thx -- No sig, no neuroses Mikey <exceptionsTakeThisOutDude@earthlink.net> wrote: > I'm looking...

Embedded fonts not printing
I created a PDF using pdflatex from TeX Live 2007 under Ubuntu Hardy. This displays correctly in xpdf and Acrobat Reader, and prints correctly on my HPLJ5MP, and also prints and displays correctly on several other users' Windows systems with an assortment of printers. When I copy the file (via USB stick) to my Mac and open it in Preview, it displays correctly, but when I print it (to a Lexmark X75) the fonts (principally Charter and Bitstream Zurich and Bernhard) get substituted with some kind of generic sans-serif which looks like Helvetica Narrow. Has anyone else had this kind of...

print barcode fonts ?
Hi all, I would like to convert some text strings into barcode and add it to an image file. Is it possible to do that in php? I'm looking into some barcode fonts but have no idea how to do that. The host I can access still runs php 4.3.2 ... Would anyone pls help? Thanks a lot. Sorry for the newbie question. /ST Wong On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:05:38 +0200, wst305@gmail.com <wst305@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to convert some text strings into barcode and add it to > an image file. Is it possible to do that in php? I'm looking into > some...

Printing with the given font
Hello everybody! I am using VC++6.0. I want to print a text with the font OCRB, and with the symbol size 2.7 mm Height and 2.5 mm width. I use : // 100 log units per mm for HIMETRIC mapping mode : #define UNITS_IN_MM 100 ... strcpy(logFont.lfFaceName, "OCRB"); logFont.lfHeight = (int)( 2.7 * UNITS_IN_MM ); // =270 logFont.lfWidth = (int)( 2.54 * UNITS_IN_MM ); // =254 logFont.lfWeight = FW_NORMAL; CFont* pFont = new CFont(); pFont->CreateFontIndirect(&logFont); CFont* oldFont = pPrintDC->SelectObject(pFont); ... When it have pri...

Font size printing
Hey people. I'm using Mathematica 8. I'm having a problem while printing a document in my own stylesheet that I could reduce to the following: Not all styles have the same inch versus font-size relationship. And I can't find a way to customize that. For some reason, some option I must have mistouched, my stylesheet's cells get huge in Printout so nothing fits. (by the way, modifying only the width in the PrintingOption "PaperSize" hangs the soft) Thanks a lot in advance Rui ...

Printing font problem
I have a problem after we have changed the printer from HP 4L to HP 2300 , my current problem after changed the printer is : If the userA print the report(eg. reprot A) with a small font (eg. 8 pitch) , it work fine the output is 8 pitch , however , if userB then print the report(eg. report B) with a large font (eg. 12 pitch) , the report B will be changed as 8 pitch , it seems the font size 8 pitch is saved into the memory of the printer , so the next report will use the previous font settng (8 pitch) , we try to restart the printer before userB's printing , it will change back to memory ...