How do I print a sample of all my fonts

Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
create a doc in MS Word whoing every one

I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?

TIA

Douglas
comp.fonts 4614 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
good font managment, too.

"Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> fonts I have on my PC.
>
> I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
>
> I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
>
> TIA
>
> Douglas

0
Achim
11/5/2003 7:52:16 AM
In article <boaa9q$1br3qs$1@ID-27981.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Achim Schulze" <neuber.SPAMIsEVIL@gmx.net> wrote:
\
Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

MP

"Douglas" schrieb:
    Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

and "Achim Schulze" answered
      > Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph -

To which "G. Michael Paine" replied:
      > Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

and Character responds:

Since you're not Douglas, who originally asked for the information, why
is this unfortunate? Typograf answers the problem as posted.  (As does
Printers Apprentice, BTW)
0
Character

Printing font samples
I'm looking for some advice on printing font samples. I have a list of things I'd like, but I can't seem to find an application that will give me what I need. I hope someone out there can provide some guidance. Requirements: #0 - Must run under Windows. #1 - Program must be able to print samples of fonts not installed. #2 - For each font, I must be able to print the full character set, font name and font location. Text block is a plus. I don't mind if there is more than one font on a page as long as the full character set is visible. I don't like it when I can't vie...

Printing with specific font-type and font-size
Hi I am relatively new to Java, and need to create an applet that will print a document with a specific font-type and font-size. I succeeded in printing a document, but I don't know how to correctly specify the font-type and font-size. I searched on the Internet, but there are many different ways explained and they all seem a bit cumbersome to me (last time I did printing was with the Visual Basic Printer object, which is really straightforward). The font-type and font-size would be valid for the whole document, I do not need to change them along the way. Would someone be able to provid...

printing font sample -- rdfont01v2
At my last employer I used an IBM utility named rdfont01v2 to print out a whole set of font samples. I don't remember if this utility was on a CD, for instance the AFP Font Collection (5648-B45), or if I downloaded it. I do remember following some paper documentation on installing and using it. Now however, I can't seem to find out anything about this utility or an alternative method of printing font samples. Does anyone know anything about rdfont01v2? Thanks, Charles Wilt -- iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America ph: 513-573-4343 f...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from one font-encoding to another encoding. The "convert" program (the user-cli-interface of ImageMagick can a lot, but is specialized on grapfical fileformats and can't convert fonts/texts. Is there such a converter program, or an editor that can be used? (There is a Program called JWPce, but it's only running on WinCE). Even a hint to convert one font into another (are there encoding tables?) maybe would help, if it is not toooo much effort to write a converter by myself.... ....but using a ready-to-use solution would be preferred. Any hint is welcome. Many Thanks, Oliver Hi, > What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used > to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an > save them in different font formats, > or a program that can convert from one font-encoding > to another encoding. > Is there such a converter prog...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

AutoCAD fonts from Windows/Fonts???
Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? Thanks for your help, NZ The Windows/Fonts directory is a standard windows thing. You'll find font information in the windows registry, in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts Henrik Vallgren www.streamspace.com nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: > Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it > isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in > options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the > fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? > > > Thanks for your help, > NZ > On 29 Mar 2006 10:42:19 -0800, nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: >Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it >isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in >options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the >fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? This is because TTF fonts are installed in Windows and so AutoCAD can use those that are installed in Windows. SHX fonts are the ones that must be in a folder in the search path for AutoCAD to find them. ...

AWT font != Swing Font
I have discovered that Swing fonts with the same name and size displayed in a JTextArea will show more characters than AWT will in a TextArea. What gives? Here are the currency characters where the effect is most obvious: + "\u0020 " + "\u00a3 " + "\u00a4 " + "\u00a5 " + "\u0e3f " + "\u17db " + "\u20a1 " + "\u20a2 " + "\u20a3 " + "\u20a4 " + "\u20a6 " + "\u20a8 " + &qu...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Making a font from another font
Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font that should behave exactly as the original one except for one thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. Warning: [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. For instance: (ABCDE) show should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:04:14 +0100, Nobody wrote: > Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font > that should behave exactly as the original on...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources s...

Copying Fonts to Fonts Folder
Hello When my RB app copies fonts to the Fonts Folder on the Mac the fonts immediately become available to all applications. However when I do the same in Windows (2000 or XP, not tried Vista) there has to be a restart to activate the font and make it available to other apps. Is there a trick in the Windows system to activate the font without having to do a restart? TIA M In article <hJudnQ08PvMF2hraRVnyiwA@bt.com>, "fontoholic" <malcolm911@btconnect.com> wrote: > Hello > > When my RB app copies fonts to the Fonts Folder on the ...

Fonts and Printing
Hello, Scenario: I am developing a Java application which is to run both on Windoze and Linux PCs. I have designed a report [using JasperReports] specifying the fonts for the report fields ("Times New Roman" and "Arial"). The print-out looks fine on the Windows machine where the reports were originally designed. However, on the Debian Linux PC the fonts aren't found although they are installed. Question: a) Where and how are the fonts picked up from? b) Can the fonts be deployed with the application? -- Regards/Gru�, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz Tarlika Elisabe...

Font ID for NBC font
http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif TIA Mike Doughty schrieb: > http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ Resea-Regular looks similar -- Super Newsreader: http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ Thanks for the reply...I posted to it about a week ago and it is still unsolved: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=19739 I also noticed at dafont.com, someone else posted an id request ... http://www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?3,74570 and someone replied with the same id: http://www.myfonts.com/font...

GS8.50/Windows
I've seen this question asked before, but haven't been able to find an answer, and will be grateful for any help. Is there a way to print out a set of pages with samples of all the fonts currently available in Ghostscript under Windows? I'm using AFPL Ghostscript 8.50 under Win98SE and Windows XP, and I have a copy of the old allfont.ps file by Wayne Neely, which works perfectly with a real PostScript printer. I've tried using this command line while in the directory with allfont.ps: f:\gs\gs8.50\bin\gswin32c.exe -If:\gs\gs8.50;f:\gs\fonts -sDEVICE=laserjet - dNOPAUSE -sOutpu...

Fonts and Printing
I am making a brochure for a client, and I am making at actual size so that it is 'copy ready'. The main issue I have is the font: the maximum sized fonts I use in photoshop is way too small for a 4 inch x 9 inch brochure. I used the little window in photoshop (I am using CS) where the font size can be increased by taking the font from 100% to 200%. The problem is that in the "proof" for the brochure, the fonts are just slightly pixelated. Is there a way to increase font size without gaining that pixelization? Thanks, -MR "MW" <newsgroups@tesseract.info...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

Help with a font (looking for a font)
Hello, Everytime I ask you guys a question, you people help me out, so here I am, again, asking for your help. I am not very rich, just a student and I am looking for a couple of fonts, for the PC (TTF). I would appreciate it if you can tell me where to download the following fonts, for free, or fonts very similar to them: 1) New Century Schoolbook 2) News Gothic 3) Franklin Gothic. I am looking for a font with the "g" tail, similar to New Century Schoolbook (for serif) and the "g tail" similar to News Gothic or Franklin Gothic (for sans-serif). If you don't know whe...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

Web resources about - How do I print a sample of all my fonts - comp.fonts

Sample size determination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sample size determination is the act of choosing the number of observations or replicates to include in a statistical sample . The sample size ...

Facebook Debuts Feed Gaming: Users Can Sample Games Directly Via News Feed
Facebook’s news feed is about to become a lot more fun, as the social network announced that it will implement the ability for users to try out ...

Samples and How Tos - Facebook-Entwickler
If you want to dive into code, you&#039;ve come to the right place. These samples are all available...

Living Proof Facebook Campaign Sends Free Samples Flying Off The Virtual Shelves
Beauty product manufacturer Living Proof recently scored a big hit surrounding a free sample campaign for its No Frizz hair care product. Living ...

C.K. Sample III (@cksample) on Twitter

audioBase.com Sample Player for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get audioBase.com Sample Player on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HTC Sensation Samples - a set on Flickr
This is a set of photos that is part of a larger product review published at www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/htc-sensation-review/

Human rights advocate slams collection of DNA samples from men, boys in Manitoba First Nation
RCMP are gathering DNA samples from men and boys on a remote Manitoba First Nation in an effort to solve the homicide of 11-year-old Teresa Robinson, ...

These Sample Photos Taken With Sony’s G Master Lenses Will Blow You Away
... resolution video recording in the Super 35 mm format, without pixel binning. The sensor actually takes in a 6k resolution image, then oversamples ...

Security policy samples, templates and tools
... are always emerging. Are your security policies keeping pace? CSO's security policy, templates and tools page provides free sample documents ...