How do I print a sample of all my fonts

Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
create a doc in MS Word whoing every one

I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?

TIA

Douglas
comp.fonts 4604 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
good font managment, too.

"Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> fonts I have on my PC.
>
> I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
>
> I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
>
> TIA
>
> Douglas

0
Achim
11/5/2003 7:52:16 AM
In article <boaa9q$1br3qs$1@ID-27981.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Achim Schulze" <neuber.SPAMIsEVIL@gmx.net> wrote:
\
Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

MP

"Douglas" schrieb:
    Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

and "Achim Schulze" answered
      > Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph -

To which "G. Michael Paine" replied:
      > Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

and Character responds:

Since you're not Douglas, who originally asked for the information, why
is this unfortunate? Typograf answers the problem as posted.  (As does
Printers Apprentice, BTW)
0
Character

Printing font samples
I'm looking for some advice on printing font samples. I have a list of things I'd like, but I can't seem to find an application that will give me what I need. I hope someone out there can provide some guidance. Requirements: #0 - Must run under Windows. #1 - Program must be able to print samples of fonts not installed. #2 - For each font, I must be able to print the full character set, font name and font location. Text block is a plus. I don't mind if there is more than one font on a page as long as the full character set is visible. I don't like it when I can't vie...

Printing with specific font-type and font-size
Hi I am relatively new to Java, and need to create an applet that will print a document with a specific font-type and font-size. I succeeded in printing a document, but I don't know how to correctly specify the font-type and font-size. I searched on the Internet, but there are many different ways explained and they all seem a bit cumbersome to me (last time I did printing was with the Visual Basic Printer object, which is really straightforward). The font-type and font-size would be valid for the whole document, I do not need to change them along the way. Would someone be able to provid...

printing font sample -- rdfont01v2
At my last employer I used an IBM utility named rdfont01v2 to print out a whole set of font samples. I don't remember if this utility was on a CD, for instance the AFP Font Collection (5648-B45), or if I downloaded it. I do remember following some paper documentation on installing and using it. Now however, I can't seem to find out anything about this utility or an alternative method of printing font samples. Does anyone know anything about rdfont01v2? Thanks, Charles Wilt -- iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America ph: 513-573-4343 f...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Help with a font (looking for a font)
Hello, Everytime I ask you guys a question, you people help me out, so here I am, again, asking for your help. I am not very rich, just a student and I am looking for a couple of fonts, for the PC (TTF). I would appreciate it if you can tell me where to download the following fonts, for free, or fonts very similar to them: 1) New Century Schoolbook 2) News Gothic 3) Franklin Gothic. I am looking for a font with the "g" tail, similar to New Century Schoolbook (for serif) and the "g tail" similar to News Gothic or Franklin Gothic (for sans-serif). If you don't know whe...

Fonts and Printing
Hello, Scenario: I am developing a Java application which is to run both on Windoze and Linux PCs. I have designed a report [using JasperReports] specifying the fonts for the report fields ("Times New Roman" and "Arial"). The print-out looks fine on the Windows machine where the reports were originally designed. However, on the Debian Linux PC the fonts aren't found although they are installed. Question: a) Where and how are the fonts picked up from? b) Can the fonts be deployed with the application? -- Regards/Gru�, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz Tarlika Elisabe...

AutoCAD fonts from Windows/Fonts???
Why does AutoCAD get fonts from Windows\Fonts or WinNT\Fonts when it isn't in my support path? I am using AutoCAD 2006 Land Desktop and in options > Files > Support path Windows\Fonts isn't there and yet the fonts show up, are the fonts set up elsewhere? Thanks for your help, NZ The Windows/Fonts directory is a standard windows thing. You'll find font information in the windows registry, in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Fonts Henrik Vallgren www.streamspace.com nzahedi@gmail.com wrote: > Why does AutoCAD get font...

AWT font != Swing Font
I have discovered that Swing fonts with the same name and size displayed in a JTextArea will show more characters than AWT will in a TextArea. What gives? Here are the currency characters where the effect is most obvious: + "\u0020 " + "\u00a3 " + "\u00a4 " + "\u00a5 " + "\u0e3f " + "\u17db " + "\u20a1 " + "\u20a2 " + "\u20a3 " + "\u20a4 " + "\u20a6 " + "\u20a8 " + &qu...

Web resources about - How do I print a sample of all my fonts - comp.fonts

Sample size determination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sample size determination is the act of choosing the number of observations or replicates to include in a statistical sample . The sample size ...

Facebook Debuts Feed Gaming: Users Can Sample Games Directly Via News Feed
Facebook’s news feed is about to become a lot more fun, as the social network announced that it will implement the ability for users to try out ...

Samples and How Tos - Facebook-Entwickler
If you want to dive into code, you&#039;ve come to the right place. These samples are all available...

Living Proof Facebook Campaign Sends Free Samples Flying Off The Virtual Shelves
Beauty product manufacturer Living Proof recently scored a big hit surrounding a free sample campaign for its No Frizz hair care product. Living ...

C.K. Sample III (@cksample) on Twitter

audioBase.com Sample Player for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get audioBase.com Sample Player on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HTC Sensation Samples - a set on Flickr
This is a set of photos that is part of a larger product review published at www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/htc-sensation-review/

CSIRO sues contractor after fridge power left off, rare samples destroyed
A simple flick of the switch allegedly destroyed a rare CSIRO collection, costing it millions and destroying years of research.

Journalist Samples the Holiday Version of ‘Disciplinary Loaf’
In a Dec. 18 New York Times article , Albany reporter Jesse McKinley included as a side note illustration the full recipe for Nutraloaf, an infamous ...

How giving away over $8,000 in free samples on Reddit saved this woman's startup
... profits. But after a friend told her about Reddit, Sullivan decided to host a giveaway on the website. After giving away $8,000 in free samples, ...