How do I print a sample of all my fonts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
create a doc in MS Word whoing every one

I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?

TIA

Douglas
0
Reply dougsdir24 (8) 11/3/2003 7:09:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
good font managment, too.

"Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> fonts I have on my PC.
>
> I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
>
> I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
>
> TIA
>
> Douglas

0
Reply Achim 11/5/2003 7:52:16 AM

In article <boaa9q$1br3qs$1@ID-27981.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Achim Schulze" <neuber.SPAMIsEVIL@gmx.net> wrote:
\
Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

MP

> Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph - it has a lot of nice printing
> samples. (80,40,20 or 6 fonts per page). It has a fast font preview and a
> good font managment, too.
>

> "Douglas" <dougsdir24@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
> > fonts I have on my PC.
> >
> > I have about 2000 different typefaces which will take me ages to
> > create a doc in MS Word whoing every one
> >
> > I would like "the quick brown fox etc etc" line for every font i have?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Douglas

0
Reply G 11/5/2003 3:57:19 PM

"Douglas" schrieb:
    Is there a PC utility that will print out a sample line of all the
fonts I have on my PC.

and "Achim Schulze" answered
      > Try Typograf http://www.neuber.com/typograph -

To which "G. Michael Paine" replied:
      > Unfortunately the above is Windows only.

and Character responds:

Since you're not Douglas, who originally asked for the information, why
is this unfortunate? Typograf answers the problem as posted.  (As does
Printers Apprentice, BTW)
0
Reply Character 11/5/2003 4:21:04 PM
comp.fonts 4564 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Printing font samples
I'm looking for some advice on printing font samples. I have a list of things I'd like, but I can't seem to find an application that will give me what I need. I hope someone out there can provide some guidance. Requirements: #0 - Must run under Windows. #1 - Program must be able to print samples of fonts not installed. #2 - For each font, I must be able to print the full character set, font name and font location. Text block is a plus. I don't mind if there is more than one font on a page as long as the full character set is visible. I don't like it when I can't vie...

printing font sample -- rdfont01v2
At my last employer I used an IBM utility named rdfont01v2 to print out a whole set of font samples. I don't remember if this utility was on a CD, for instance the AFP Font Collection (5648-B45), or if I downloaded it. I do remember following some paper documentation on installing and using it. Now however, I can't seem to find out anything about this utility or an alternative method of printing font samples. Does anyone know anything about rdfont01v2? Thanks, Charles Wilt -- iSeries Systems Administrator / Developer Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America ph: 513-573-4343 f...

GS8.50/Windows
I've seen this question asked before, but haven't been able to find an answer, and will be grateful for any help. Is there a way to print out a set of pages with samples of all the fonts currently available in Ghostscript under Windows? I'm using AFPL Ghostscript 8.50 under Win98SE and Windows XP, and I have a copy of the old allfont.ps file by Wayne Neely, which works perfectly with a real PostScript printer. I've tried using this command line while in the directory with allfont.ps: f:\gs\gs8.50\bin\gswin32c.exe -If:\gs\gs8.50;f:\gs\fonts -sDEVICE=laserjet - dNOPAUSE -sOutpu...

Printing with specific font-type and font-size
Hi I am relatively new to Java, and need to create an applet that will print a document with a specific font-type and font-size. I succeeded in printing a document, but I don't know how to correctly specify the font-type and font-size. I searched on the Internet, but there are many different ways explained and they all seem a bit cumbersome to me (last time I did printing was with the Visual Basic Printer object, which is really straightforward). The font-type and font-size would be valid for the whole document, I do not need to change them along the way. Would someone be able to provid...

Fonts and Printing
I am making a brochure for a client, and I am making at actual size so that it is 'copy ready'. The main issue I have is the font: the maximum sized fonts I use in photoshop is way too small for a 4 inch x 9 inch brochure. I used the little window in photoshop (I am using CS) where the font size can be increased by taking the font from 100% to 200%. The problem is that in the "proof" for the brochure, the fonts are just slightly pixelated. Is there a way to increase font size without gaining that pixelization? Thanks, -MR "MW" <newsgroups@tesseract.info...

Fonts and Printing
Hello, Scenario: I am developing a Java application which is to run both on Windoze and Linux PCs. I have designed a report [using JasperReports] specifying the fonts for the report fields ("Times New Roman" and "Arial"). The print-out looks fine on the Windows machine where the reports were originally designed. However, on the Debian Linux PC the fonts aren't found although they are installed. Question: a) Where and how are the fonts picked up from? b) Can the fonts be deployed with the application? -- Regards/Gru´┐Ż, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz Tarlika Elisabe...

printing sample
I was looking at the printing sample that comes with wx widgets. I noticed that after I changed everything to landscape in the page setup. The print preview still shows up in portrait. My code is very similar to this sample. How can I get the page setup stuff working. This is using 2.6 with gtk and linux. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

Printing Sample; was Re: [wxMac] pimpl on the face of printing: almost there
Hi Robert=20 > (2) The page number, which is present in the preview image,=20 > has disappeared from the printout. But I think that's because=20 > in MyFrame::Draw(), just before drawing the page number, the=20 > following appears: >=20 > dc->SetUserScale(1.0, 1.0); >=20 > Since m_testFont is 10 pt, this means the page number will be=20 > drawn in text 10 device pixels high -- which, for a 600 dpi=20 > printer, is 1.2 point type. > (And indeed, if you change the font size to something=20 > ridiculously large, like 50 pt, you can ...

print pagemaker 6.5 to pfd -> when printing fonts are lost
Hi, I'am relatively new to Pagemaker. Problem is: when printing my result to .pdf the fonts are lost when I print the file on paper. It prints a sort of courier font I use the fonts verdana and trebuchet Pagemaker is 6.5 Printer is HP L 1100 The pdf printerdriver is a freeware version. I forgot the name -Should I install more fonts? -Can it be a printermemory problem? On 5 Nov 2004 00:44:37 -0800, interact@freemail.nl (Stephan) wrote: >Problem is: when printing my result to .pdf the fonts are lost when I >print the file on paper. It prints a sort of courier font >I use the font...

Font for printing SCS Data via Host Print Transform in Raster Mode
Hi together! I set up a printer for Host Print Transform in Raster Mode (see also my last posting) for printing SBCS and DBCS characters. For testing I create a spoolfile with WRKQRY command so that I have some SBCS and some DBCS characters. Setting sysvalue QIGCCDEFNT and QIGCFNTSIZ works for DBCS characters but how can I change font/font-size for the normal SBCS characters? Changing font/font-size in printerfile or device-description does not have any effect. The font SBCS characters are printed looks like 10 cpi Courier. cu Martin Dear Martin, Where the fonts embedded in HPT raster mode...

[wx 2.4.0, redhat 7.3, gcc 2.96] Font sample cannot find scalable fonts on custom linux machine
[wx 2.4.0, redhat 7.3, gcc 2.96] Font sample cannot find scalable fonts on custom linux machine Hi, I am trying to use a True Type font in a wxWindows application running on linux. I'm also new to most of the technologies invloved, linux, wxWidgets, and KDrive (a slimmed down XFree86 build). My current application uses the KDrive/TinyX Xvesa Xserver built with XFree86 4.2.0 code. I upgraded to XFree86 4.5.0 because that version of KDrive/TinyX supports client-side scalable fonts. The bitmapped font currently used is either coming from KDrive or the wxWidgets software (...

Font printing problem
I have X3 installed on two computers at work. I created a drawing using the font "Lithograph". On both computers, the font appears correct. When I print, one prints correctly, while the other prints the same font but much bolder. I have checked and rechecked all the print settings, and they are identical. My main concern is that I run a laser engraver with the "defective" computer, and right now the laser is engraving the bold font! The customer, however, approved the original font. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks, Peter Well, one quick che...

Font Sample Viewers
Hiya. I'm looking for reccs on a nice font sample viewer. I'm using eBookfaces, which is almost perfect - you just pick a font, and print a sample as a PDF. Nice and quick. However I've been using a lot of dingbat fonts lately, and I need something that will let me print a sample of the entire (Unicode) font. The drop-down-character-palette-y programs haven't been working well for me, because some of the Unicode fonts have some weird baseline or something... Thx -- No sig, no neuroses Mikey <exceptionsTakeThisOutDude@earthlink.net> wrote: > I'm looking...

Embedded fonts not printing
I created a PDF using pdflatex from TeX Live 2007 under Ubuntu Hardy. This displays correctly in xpdf and Acrobat Reader, and prints correctly on my HPLJ5MP, and also prints and displays correctly on several other users' Windows systems with an assortment of printers. When I copy the file (via USB stick) to my Mac and open it in Preview, it displays correctly, but when I print it (to a Lexmark X75) the fonts (principally Charter and Bitstream Zurich and Bernhard) get substituted with some kind of generic sans-serif which looks like Helvetica Narrow. Has anyone else had this kind of...

print barcode fonts ?
Hi all, I would like to convert some text strings into barcode and add it to an image file. Is it possible to do that in php? I'm looking into some barcode fonts but have no idea how to do that. The host I can access still runs php 4.3.2 ... Would anyone pls help? Thanks a lot. Sorry for the newbie question. /ST Wong On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:05:38 +0200, wst305@gmail.com <wst305@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to convert some text strings into barcode and add it to > an image file. Is it possible to do that in php? I'm looking into > some...

Printing with the given font
Hello everybody! I am using VC++6.0. I want to print a text with the font OCRB, and with the symbol size 2.7 mm Height and 2.5 mm width. I use : // 100 log units per mm for HIMETRIC mapping mode : #define UNITS_IN_MM 100 ... strcpy(logFont.lfFaceName, "OCRB"); logFont.lfHeight = (int)( 2.7 * UNITS_IN_MM ); // =270 logFont.lfWidth = (int)( 2.54 * UNITS_IN_MM ); // =254 logFont.lfWeight = FW_NORMAL; CFont* pFont = new CFont(); pFont->CreateFontIndirect(&logFont); CFont* oldFont = pPrintDC->SelectObject(pFont); ... When it have pri...

Font size printing
Hey people. I'm using Mathematica 8. I'm having a problem while printing a document in my own stylesheet that I could reduce to the following: Not all styles have the same inch versus font-size relationship. And I can't find a way to customize that. For some reason, some option I must have mistouched, my stylesheet's cells get huge in Printout so nothing fits. (by the way, modifying only the width in the PrintingOption "PaperSize" hangs the soft) Thanks a lot in advance Rui ...

print font size
Help! I cannot seem to get LabVIEW to print with the fonts in the desired size.I am using the Print.Panel to printer method, and this has the desired effect of printing the front panel, but the font sizes are not correct. I.e. if I print from a word processor (Arial size 24 font), and compare the print LabVIEW generates (also Arial size 24) the LV generated print is significantly smaller.The problem is I am using this method to generate barcodes (using a barcode font) and the barcodes the are being printed by LabVIEW are not reliably scannable, whereas barcodes I generate with the same font an...

How to Print Very Large Fonts
I have a need to print very large font numbers on a card stock size of 5.5" x 8.5" in Access 97. The character count will not exceed 3 numbers across. So I'm assuming that a 3.5" to 4" height should work. Of course, 72pt fonts fall considerably short of this size. Can I use either Labels or Reports to do this? Any special setup requirements? I don't necessarily need to rotate the text. Can basic fonts be resized? I remember seeing something about DataSheetFontHeight and a 127pt maximum in Access. Is this an option to pursue? But 127pt would still be short of the he...

Font print peculiarity
Mac OS X includes font "Apple Gothic" as one of the system fonts. Looks great on-screen. But when I print, I get PostScript syntax error from the printer. Just that font. (But I haven't tried other *.dfont fonts to see if they all do this.) In article <250920031333394474%c6c3w10302@sneakemail.com>, Philo D <c6c3w10302@sneakemail.com> wrote: > Mac OS X includes font "Apple Gothic" as one of the system fonts. > Looks great on-screen. But when I print, I get PostScript syntax error > from the printer. Just that font. > (But I haven't tri...

Printing font size
Hi, this is a stupid beginners question. When I prinf from Maple, the font is much too big. If I select a smaller font, then it is too small on the screen. Can I set the printer font size independently of the screen font size? Phil On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Phil Jollans wrote: > When I prinf from Maple, the font is much too big. If I select a smaller > font, then it is too small on the screen. Can I set the printer font > size independently of the screen font size? Are you literally controlling the font size, or are you just changing the zoom factor? The zoom ...

Change font for PRINT?
When I use PRINT to print a plain text file, it comes out as 10 point Courier (I think) with no line wrap. I can of oourse drag and drop the file onto a printer object, and select any font I wish. But I want to do the printing from REXX. I don't mind setting the font permanently, in the printer object. So, my question is: a) Is there a way of altering that default font from PRINT? or b) Is there a way of printing plain text from REXX and selecting the font? Thanks in advance On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:29:32 UTC, "Bob Eager" <rde42@spamcop.net> wrote: ...

printing and font encoding
Hi, I am now testing wxWidgets 2.5.5. I tried to print polish characters ( code page WIN1250 Windows, ISO-8859-2 Linux ) in printing sample but it doesn't work, Under Ms Windows neither in print preview nor in printer. Under Linux it works in print preview but it doesn't work in printer. Calling font.SetEncoding(wxFONTENCODING_CP1250), font.SetEncoding(wxFONTENCODING_ISO8859_2), font.SetEncoding(wxFONTENCODING_SYSTEM), font.SetEncoding(wxFONTENCODING_DEFAULT) doesn't help. By the way, during testing printing under Linux I found that missing TMP enviroment v...

Print font too big
My messages are all Arial 10p, but when printed it is 14p. Boldface and hyperlinks however, are still 10p. Selecting all and make it 8p. doesn't help: it still comes out as a bigger font. I have never printing problems with any application. I work with Pegasus 4.21c, Windows XP and the printerdriver from XP. Is there anyone who can put some light on the subject? Thanks. Doc_Man DocMan <doc_man@hotmail.com> wrote: > My messages are all Arial 10p, but when printed it is 14p. > Boldface and hyperlinks however, are still 10p. Selecting all > and make it 8p. ...