Keyboard-TTF

Hi,

i'm searching for a True Type Font for Windows including the keys of the
keyboard as it is used in documentations - freeware if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

0
Thomas
12/12/2003 3:03:24 PM
comp.fonts 4583 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

"Thomas Merz" <thomas-merz@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:brclcs$ut4$07$1@news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> i'm searching for a True Type Font for Windows including the keys of the
> keyboard as it is used in documentations - freeware if possible.

Your name sounds German - are we talking abou German or English
keyboard layout?

Andreas

0
Andreas
12/12/2003 4:59:36 PM
Hallo Andreas,

stimmt und Deiner klingt auch ziemlich deutsch :-)!

Ich schreibe gerade an einer Programm-Dokumentation und m�chte die Liste der
Shortcuts gerne grafisch darstellen, m�chte also die Tasten als Symbole
wiedergeben und das ganze, wenn m�glich, der Einfachheit halber als
True-Type-Font benutzen k�nnen.

Ich hoffe, Du kannst mir da weiterhelfen - und wenn der TTF nichts kostet,
um so besser.

Gru�
Thomas

P. S.: Wir sprechen nat�rlich von einem deutschen Tastaturlayout!

"Andreas H�feld" <sendnospam@vorsicht-bissig.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Thomas Merz" <thomas-merz@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm searching for a True Type Font for Windows including the keys of the
> > keyboard as it is used in documentations - freeware if possible.
>
> Your name sounds German - are we talking abou German or English
> keyboard layout?
>
> Andreas

0
Thomas
12/12/2003 9:44:32 PM
> i'm searching for a True Type Font for Windows including the
keys of the
> keyboard as it is used in documentations - freeware if
possible.

Thomas,

If you can't find a freeware version, there's Bitstream's
Keycaps font.

http://store.bitstream.com/searchresults.asp?searchtext=keycaps&category=&platform=&format=

0
Michael
12/12/2003 11:15:20 PM
Thomas Merz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm searching for a True Type Font for Windows including the keys of the
> keyboard as it is used in documentations - freeware if possible.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>

> Thomas

Not free, but a steal for the 9,998 fonts you get in addition to two
keyboard fonts...:

http://www.megafont.de - look for Keyboard and Keyboard Two

Best,

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

0
Martin

Keyboard that works for both SPARC and PC?
I want to try a keyboard (not an adapter for either a SPARC or PC keyboard). I am willing to give up some of the SUN function keys. Can anyone recommend such a keyboard? Thanks, Don ############################################################### Donald F. Parsons MB.BS, Ph.D, Research Physician,Wadsworth Ctr NY State Dept of Health, ESP Box 509, Albany NY 12201-0509 dfp10@telemed.wadsworth.org (518)474-7047 D Parsons <dfp10@csc.albany.edu> writes: > I want to try a keyboard (not an adapter for either a SPARC or PC > keyboard). > I am willing to give up some of the SUN functi...

49G+ keyboard repair
My 49G+ has recently had two key hinges break and the darned things are now just floating around in there. I know this was a common problem (serial no is CNA419...). It is no longer under warranty so chances of getting HP to fix it are slim to none. Has anyone done this sort of repair themselves? I've looked all over the web and haven't found anything about how to do it. Kataji kenai! F fugu wrote: > My 49G+ has recently had two key hinges break and the darned things are > now just floating around in there. I know this was a common problem > (serial no is CNA419...). ...

Keyboards
On the subject of keyboards (we were talking about them a few weeks ago, but the thread has expired from my newsreader so I thought I'd start a new one), I saw a Fujitsu-Siemens one the other day that was a very similar design to the Speccy+ keyboard. -- +-------------------------------------------+ | Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is" | | http://www.unsatisfactorysoftware.co.uk | | Your Sinclair: A Celebration | +- http://www.yoursinclair.co.uk -----------+ DISCLAIMER: I may be making all this stuff up again. "Chris Young" <chris.usenet@mai...

keyboards and keyboard switching
Hi. Using a Macintosh, it's easy to enable a Hebrew QWERTY keyboard and to switch back and forth between the standard U.S. keyboard and the Hebrew QWERTY keyboard. How would one do this on a Linux box running Gnome? Thanks. -- Art Werschulz (8-{)} "Metaphors be with you." -- bumper sticker GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l++ u+ P++ e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t+ r- Net: agw@dsm.fordham.edu http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~agw Phone: Fordham U. (212) 636-6325, Columbia U. (212) 939-7060 On 2009-04-30, Art Werschulz <agw@dsm.fordham.edu> wrote: > Hi. > ...

Soundcard for use with Midi controller keyboard
I've recently bought a midi controller keyboard (Studiologic SL990) with the intention of using it through my computer. Currently though my computer only has onboard soundcard ("Sounblaster compatible" is about all the information I could find about it!) and I'm guessing this is the cause of my problems??.... When playing a single note everything seems ok, no noticeable latency or anything. But when I start playing properly it gets a bit confused: notes stay on after the key has been released, or don't play when its pressed, crackling sounds etc.. And its generally not ...

Font Conversion Help : BDF --> TTF
Hello. Sorry to crosspost, but I need some help with some font issues in java. I have a BDF font that I would like to use in my java application. Java only appears to support 5 logical fonts (Serif, etc), and physical fonts in the form of TTF fonts. Is their anyway combination of font conversions that will bring my BDF font to a TTF font? I know this topic has been rehashed a couple times, but no answer was ever really given. Thanks, AJ In comp.fonts AJ <jerseycat10@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello. Sorry to crosspost, but I need some help with some font issues > in java. I have a...

Changing keyboard speed
Because I have cerebral palsy, I work in DOS almost exclusively. It is a tremendous help to me to be able to set the keyboard's speed (i.e. key REPEAT RATE and DELAY UNTIL REPEAT) to specific values. The only way I know how to do this in DOS is to get into the computer's "Set-Up Program" during boot-up. Unfortunately, some "Set-Up Programs" lack provisions to change these parameters. Thus, I was wondering if it is possible to change these two keyboard parameters by writing a Basic program for this purpose? Is it just a matter of POKING the proper values...

Kinesis Ergo Elan on a Powerbook
I am trying to make my Kinesis Ergo Elan keyboard play nicely with my powerbook. Basically it works, but I cannot find the Command key (aka Apple key) on my keyboard. So I have two questions: * Where could it be? * What are keyboard remapping tools that make the Apple keyboard layout more similar/identical to that of a PC? -- Dirk ...

iPad Keyboards
The prices keep dropping. Today on http://1saleaday.com/main/ they are offering key board cases for iPad 2 or 3 for $19.98 delivered -- Zaidy036 In article <k5v07i$9f9$1@dont-email.me>, Zaidy036 <Zaidy036@isp.spam> wrote: > The prices keep dropping. > > Today on http://1saleaday.com/main/ they are offering key board cases > for iPad 2 or 3 for $19.98 delivered It depends on how the keyboard sends information to the iPad. The rumour is that as well as the iPad Mini, the 23 October event will see an updated "new iPad" (iPad 3), both of whi...

Perfect Keyboard, Standard Edition 7.1.1
Why type the same phrases again and again? Why mistype? Why not let the computer do repetitive and boring tasks? Why not have macros working in any Windows application? Perfect Keyboard is an award-winning, time-saving utility running under the Windows operating systems. The program allows a user to create a file of frequently used phrases, paragraphs, e-mail addresses, macros, clipboard entries, scripts, etc. and use them in any application just by typing a short abbreviation (text shortcut) or pressing a hotkey (key shortcut). The Perfect Keyboard supports macro recording (keyb...

ERGONOMIC COMPUTER KEYBOARD
` ` For more info, please go to: >>> http://my-best-web.com/12/ergonomic-computer-keyboard <<< ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ergonomic computer keyboard computer keyboard ergonomic ergonomic computer keyboards keyboard ergonomic computer ergonomic keyboard computer computer ergonomic keyboard computer keyboard ergonomics computer keyboards ergonomic ...

Keyboard
I have had two PowerBooks. I hated the keyboards on both. I bought a full size keyboard, but I notice that it skips over the same letters, (it seems to me, they are the same ones on the PowerBook keyboard) but not quite as badly as the PowerBook keyboard, itself. Is it possible to buy a better keyboard for the PowerBook (by itself) or is there an adjustment besides the control panel as far as touch (I have that set as Key Repeat-Fast and Delay Until Repeat-Short. I'm not the best typist in the world, but I am amazed at how many caps I miss and _I know I've held the ...

The new keyboard dock....
I assume that it works for the iPhone...? In article <4012a4cf-794a-4c80-aa93-6b94b12fcbf2@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, commiebastard <oraclmaster@gmail.com> wrote: > I assume that it works for the iPhone...? I wouldn't assume that. The keyboard will require a driver on the device before it can do anything, and so far the iPhone has had no reason to include that. It _might_ work, either immediately or after a software update, but it's not a sure thing. -- Tom "Tom" Harrington Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002 http://www.atomicbird.com/ In...

USB Addon Card, USB Keyboard and keyboard layouts
Hi. I'm looking for any advice for that problem. PPC G3 Desktop USB Addon Card (PCI) Mac keybord - usb extended, full, white. or short black (from imac - 3 years old). MacOS 9.2.2 USB drivers downgraded to 1.4.1 (last version with support for external - non built-in, usb cards). Problem: Workstation is used for DTP. But system does not change keyboard layout (I need polish, but it does not work for any other too). With old (broken) classic keyboard all works perfectly (appart a few buttons). How to force system to use international layout for that device? Regards -- WK Wypusty: ftp...

Req: Monotype Old English Test TTF. TIA

Sun Ray 1: Generic USB keyboard and mouse?
Hi all. Is it possible to connect a generic PC USB keyboard to the Sun Ray 1 appliance or does it have to be Sun brand? I've tried with a Logitech USB (optical) mouse and it worked just fine. Best regards, /u ulRik <vertigo@linux.nu> wrote in message news:<vWNXb.49115$mU6.193154@newsb.telia.net>... > Is it possible to connect a generic PC USB keyboard to the Sun Ray 1 > appliance or does it have to be Sun brand? I've tried with a > Logitech USB (optical) mouse and it worked just fine. Any USB keyboard or mouse that complies with the USB 1.1 "Boot Mode...

psp8 selection layers by keyboard?
If I am not mistaken (I removed PSP7 from my PC), I was able to switch layers by hitting alt-1, alt-2 etc..or was that ctrl-1, ctrl-2. This seems no longer to work with the new version. I used when I wanted to clone something from an original layer, I could find the source on the original layer and go to the target layer without have to move the mouse cursor. Convient to clean up small mistakes. Can I regain this or similar feature with PSP8? Frank de Bruin On 10 Sep 2003 14:44:48 GMT, FJ de Bruin <fdebruin@spamcop.net> wrote: >If I am not mistaken (I removed PSP7 from my P...

keyboard mapping to CDE for Sun Keyboard
During my Exceed sessions, I am trying to get the Crtl^C combo on my Windows machine to function like it would if I were on a Sun machine. How do I get this to work? Hummingbird people only help you if you have a service contract. higgledy@gmail.com writes: > During my Exceed sessions, I am trying to get the Crtl^C combo on my > Windows machine to function like it would if I were on a Sun machine. > How do I get this to work? In what program? -- - M�rten mail: msv@kth.se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385 Any Solaris program when a...

Re: How to define FrontEndEventActions for keyboard combinations with Shift and Alt?
I just have received from Scott Kruger of the Wolfram Technical Support an answer that keyboard combinations with Ctrl, Shift and Alt are not supported for the FrontEndEventActions: "The only way to edit general keybindings is to manually edit the .tr files through trial and error." "we do not support modifying the Mathematica installation by editing the .tr files. This is something that you would have to figure out own your own by trial and error." I have a little experience in adding to these files keyboard combinations related to FrontEnd tokens. But how t...

Suntronics keyboard
Anyone have a ZX81 replacement keyboard by a company called Suntronics? More to the point, does anyone know where I can get one? Here's a scan of an ad for it from Sync Magazine ca. 1983: http://www.outlawnet.com/~jboatno4/suntron.jpg Anyone know if this is the same company that now makes consoles for gas/petrol stations? Thnx in advance, Steve ...

Invoke context menu from the keyboard?
Often, right-clicking (or control-clicking) somewhere will bring up a useful context menu. Is there a way to get that context menu from the keyboard? (Of course, the click invokes the context menu for the object under the mouse pointer. The key should invoke the context menu for the object currently highlighted.) Kai Kai Großjohann wrote: > Often, right-clicking (or control-clicking) somewhere will bring up a > useful context menu. Is there a way to get that context menu from the > keyboard? > > (Of course, the click invokes the context menu for the object under >...

keyboard
Bonjour, is it possible in APL to get the info about any key: if i touch it or stop to touch it? thanks, Ludmila Lemagnen lemagnen@aol.com wrote: > Bonjour, > is it possible in APL to get the info about any key: if i touch it or > stop to touch it? > thanks, Ludmila Lemagnen > You didn't say what APL and I assume you mean "press it" but in APL2, IIRC, you can do so using the features of AP124. Ted ...

Keyboard shortcut
Hi, Is there a keyboard shortcut (in the Workspace) to create a new mehtod (without having to click on the 'm' icon)? Fernando, > Is there a keyboard shortcut (in the Workspace) to create a new mehtod > (without having to click on the 'm' icon)? You don't really need an extra shortcut. If the "Method Source" tab is selected then you can "Accept" anything typed into the workspace as a method. So you can do type in method source Ctrl-S (to accept the text) Ctrl-A (select all the text) [optional] Ctrl-X (clear the workspace) ...

How to test the function of a Wireless keyboard ?
Hi, Recently my wireless keyboard numeric keypads have caused my Mac to lock up. The lock up is cleared with Alt-Apple-Esc, and then canceling the dialog box. I think it might be the Num-Lock key not engaging. Does anyone know of some test software which will display on-screen the actual key pressed rather than try to do something with it? The Num-Lock key now works as the backspace key does - deleting the character to the left of the cursor! -- Thanks for any help. Flash On 2006-08-26 21:49:11 +0100, Flash <Flash.Gordon@Saviour.of.the.Universe.com> said: > Hi, > > R...

T3 + Palm Portable Keyboard problem
I have a Palm Portable Keyboard ( the 'W' type 5-row keyboard which connects directly to the Palm. I cannot get it to work with my T3. I have tried the Palm Keyboard Driver 2.2 from the Palm website and also the Stowaway Keyboard Driver 3.0 from the ThinkOutside website. Both of these appear to be the latest drivers, but they don't work. Whenever I connect the T3, it tries to hotsync and does not recognise the keyboard. I hard reset my T3 and only loaded the keyboard driver. The same problem occurred, so I know it is not a 3rd party application problem. Can anyone help? Mi...