Some Arabic letters fail in Windows Vista & Windows 7

My observation refers to Windows Vista and Windows 7,
but not to other operating systems.

The Urdu letter U+06BB
                 =DA=BB=DA=BB=DA=BB
does not join in Courier New.
 http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB

The Pashto letter U+06D0
                 =DB=90=DB=90=DB=90
does not join in Courier New and not in Times New Roman.
 http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0

The display of both letters in Arial and Tahoma is correct.
Choose Arial or Tahoma or Times New Roman as your Western Latin
typeface in your browser.

I'm asking for confirmation of this failure.
(Some other, less important letters also fail in Courier New.)

--=20
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/charset/
0
prilop4321 (50)
5/24/2012 4:21:13 PM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

On 5/24/2012 9:21 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:
> My observation refers to Windows Vista and Windows 7,
> but not to other operating systems.
>
> The Urdu letter U+06BB
>                   ڻڻڻ
> does not join in Courier New.
>   http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB
>
> The Pashto letter U+06D0
>                   ېېې
> does not join in Courier New and not in Times New Roman.
>   http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0
>
> The display of both letters in Arial and Tahoma is correct.
> Choose Arial or Tahoma or Times New Roman as your Western Latin
> typeface in your browser.
>
> I'm asking for confirmation of this failure.
> (Some other, less important letters also fail in Courier New.)

There's a discussion in Typophile that I think may be pertinent:

http://typophile.com/node/93026
0
Char8044 (73)
5/24/2012 6:13:46 PM
On Thu, 24 May 2012, Character wrote:

>> The Urdu letter U+06BB does not join in Courier New.
>> http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB
>> The Pashto letter U+06D0 does not join in Courier New
>> and not in Times New Roman.
>> http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0
>
> There's a discussion in Typophile that I think may be pertinent:
> http://typophile.com/node/93026

Thank you for the link. But this is not related to my problem.

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/charset/

0
prilop4321 (50)
5/25/2012 4:13:31 PM
On 5/25/2012 9:13 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012, Character wrote:
>
>>> The Urdu letter U+06BB does not join in Courier New.
>>> http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06BB
>>> The Pashto letter U+06D0 does not join in Courier New
>>> and not in Times New Roman.
>>> http://www.alanflavell.org.uk/unicode/unidata06.html#x06D0
>>
>> There's a discussion in Typophile that I think may be pertinent:
>> http://typophile.com/node/93026
>
> Thank you for the link. But this is not related to my problem.

Well, I thought it was worth a try.
You might try asking you question in Typophile as well as here.

  - Ch.
0
Char8044 (73)
5/25/2012 4:24:15 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2012, Character wrote:

> You might try asking you question in Typophile as well as here.

It seems impossible to create a new account there.
I do not get any reaction.
Perhaps they don't like postings from Germany.

I stick to Usenet!
0
prilop4321 (50)
5/25/2012 6:18:01 PM
On 5/25/2012 11:18 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2012, Character wrote:
>
>> You might try asking you question in Typophile as well as here.
>
> It seems impossible to create a new account there.
> I do not get any reaction.
> Perhaps they don't like postings from Germany.
>
> I stick to Usenet!

They have accounts from all over the world, and new ones appear every day.

Unfortunately, usenet is withering away. And Google Groups, which
carries most of the text groups like this one live, is an abominable
tool for following a newsgroup, or even threads within a newsgroup.

  - Ch.
0
Char8044 (73)
5/25/2012 9:36:27 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2012, Character wrote:

> On 5/25/2012 11:18 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 May 2012, Character wrote:
>>
>>> You might try asking you question in Typophile as well as here.
>>
>> It seems impossible to create a new account there.
>> I do not get any reaction.
>> Perhaps they don't like postings from Germany.
>>
>> I stick to Usenet!
>
> They have accounts from all over the world, and new ones appear every day.
>
> Unfortunately, usenet is withering away. And Google Groups, which carries
> most of the text groups like this one live, is an abominable tool for
> following a newsgroup, or even threads within a newsgroup.

Sad, but true, for us old timers. I remember when I discovered Usenet
with a MS-DOS (yes!) computer and a slow dial-up connection and cheap
modem.  It was marvelous!  However, over the years, I have noticed a
definite fall off of Usenet postings.  For example, consider
news.answers.  It used to be *very* active.  Now there may be only a
few postings a day, many of which are repetitive.  Alas! many of us
with long grey beards may be behind the times, but I still read a
number of Usenet newsgroups, including this one, as long as they last.
I am not heavy into fontography, but I have received helpful and
welcome information and responses several times here.

--
Paul Bartlett
0

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from you in larger quantities. If you are looking to sell Quantities 10-20 or more email us! However we will buy Server packages in quantities of 1-3 or more. Email me directly at craig.softnet@gmail.com We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. I am looking to BUY large quantities of Microsoft Office PKC medialess license kits 2007, 2010, 2012 MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PRO, WINDOWS XP PRO, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012. XP, SBE, STANDARD AND PRO & OTHERS MICROSOFT SERVER 2003, 2008, 2010 Standard, Premium, Enterprise SQL & OTHER PACKAGES We BUY Microsoft, Corel, Adobe, Macromedia, Symantec, Veritas and others. Email directly: craig.soft...

[...]

[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Sales + Windows Vista Upgrades = Windows XP
Vista downgrading: What are your rights? ,----[ Quote ] | Talk about a catch 22. Did you know that in order to be allowed to downgrade | Vista to XP on a new computer, Microsoft expects you to have one of the more | expensive editions of Windows Vista that most OEMs don’t even put on their | machines. It’s true. Have a look at this official Microsoft one-sheet | explaining the intricacies of downgrading from Vista that’s come bundled with | a new PC. | | You’d have to add $180 to the price of a Dell Inspiron 530 in order to have | the right to use XP instead of Vista. `---- http...

Windows 7 TCP/IP slower than Windows Vista ?
Hi, We have an interesting observation. We noticed that the network throughput on Windows 7 is lower than that of Windows Vista when some graphical activity is going on. We have a setup where 3 PCs running Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP resp. are connected to a Ethernet HUB. The Windows XP PC generates some network traffic which is captured on both Windows 7 and Windows Vista PCs using Wireshark network capture tool. The configurations of all 3 PCs (motherboard, RAM etc) are identical. We observed that intermittenetly the packets are received with a delay on Win 7 pc, ...

Windows 8 Vaporware -- Highlights Windows 7 failings
It seems that Microsoft accidentally leaked goals for Windows 8. Obviously Microsoft is hoping it can use the vaporware gambit to somehow retain the loyalty of OEMs to an "All Microsoft" solution for their laptops and desktops. From http://msftkitchen.com/2010/06/windows-8-plans-leaked-numerous-details-reve= aled.html <quote> Included in these presentations is a rather telling (but obvious) slide which shows that Microsoft is clearly paying attention to Apple while planning Windows 8. Titled, =93How Apple does it: A virtuous cycle,=94 Microsoft has broken down Ap...

Windows 7 = Windows Vista = Piece of Sh*t
http://www.infoworld.com/d/windows/free-windows-7-end-early-shutdowns-685 Want to know why Microsoft is ready to release Windows 7 so soon after the release of Vista? BECAUSE THEY'RE THE SAME THING! And it sucks just as bad as Vista, maybe an infitesemal amount less, but it's close. Windows 7, I HATE IT ALREADY!!! ...

SwiftForth and Windows Vista/7 & more ...
I am considering purchasing SwithForth but I've researched it somewhat on the net and found out that some people have had trouble with it on Vista and Windows 7. $400 is a steep investment for me - even if it works perfectly - and so I've subscribed to this newsgroup to find out the truth about it. One person said that he didn't find SwiftForth to be so swift. So before I sink my money into this I'd like to ask a few questions: 1. Is it Vista/ Windows 7 compatible? 2. Is it as fast as they claim? 3. Does it have libs for audio - MIDI, and video development? 4. Can someone rate it's performance compared to Ruby? I know Ruby is interpreted, but it looks really cool. I guess that's it. I only have experience coding in Basic and JForth, but I need a compiled language in which I can develop high performance multimedia applications. I love Forth and want to use it for developing these applications if possible. I may have to use C++ or Java to do what I want, but I'd rather stick to something I know. Can anyone recommend a free Forth that is object-oriented and compiled? I have looked at bigForth + minos (it runs well on Linux but crashes on windows, as they warn of on the website), and gforth. I have JForth running on a WinUAE virtual machine, but that helps me none toward developing for Windows. I'd use bigForth if they did 3 things: 1. Offer a more modern-looking GUI developing environment. Theseus may work really nice, but it d...

Ubuntu Vista & Windows 7 benchmarked ..
Ubuntu 903, 801, 883, 820 Vista 1235, 1364, 1393, 1334 ... The tests we wanted to perform for each operating system were: * How long does each operating system take to install? * How much disk space was used in the standard install? * How long does boot up and shutdown take? * How long does it take to copy files from USB to HD, and from HD to HD? * How fast can it execute the Richards benchmark? http://www.tuxradar.com/node/33 ...

Windows Vista two windows
Hello, Is there any way to avoid a second black window when using emacs under Windows Vista? Thanks, Andr=E9 Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gmail.com> writes: > Is there any way to avoid a second black window when using emacs under > Windows Vista? What version of Emacs are you using and where from? I downloaded the one linked from the GNU Emacs FAQ and when running "runemacs.exe" it works fine for me without window. - Jerome Hello, It works this way thanks! Sorry for the double post. Sincerely, Andr=E9 Luiz On 28 dez, 17:11, Jerome Baum <em...@jeromebaum.co...

Steve Ballmer's Windows 7 dance party---Hopping on the grave of Windows Vista
<Quote> October 22 has arrived, which means Microsoft can stop defending Windows Vista and start pretending it never happened. Eyes have now turned to Windows 7, while Windows Vista joins Microsoft Bob and Windows Me in the annals of underachievers past. Well, except for all those people who are still stuck with the thing. </Quote> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/22/windows_7_launch_party/ nessuno wrote: > <Quote> > October 22 has arrived, which means Microsoft can stop defending > Windows Vista and start pretending it never happened. Eyes have now > turned to Windows 7, while Windows Vista joins Microsoft Bob and > Windows Me in the annals of underachievers past. Well, except for all > those people who are still stuck with the thing. > </Quote> > > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/22/windows_7_launch_party/ I saw a good interview with Ballmer and he in inadvertently gave what was a true answer... (I paraphrase) while touting Win7 a good newscaster pinned him down with a question of why should people trust Microsoft, were there not in-fact problems with Vista? After a slight balk he stated that Microsoft made a conscious decision to increase security and that did cause some compatabilites to break with older software. He then went on to say that if they had not made those changes, then problems would have occurred elsewhere. In other words...there are going to be problems no matter what. As I have said ...

windows 7 64bit & photoshop 7
Hi building a new pc with windows 7 - 64 bit will photoshop 7 run on it ok? -- Martin ���� On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:52:17 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > Hi > building a new pc with windows 7 - 64 bit > will photoshop 7 run on it ok? yes, should fun fine. -- Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 02:58:03 -0700, Mike Russell <groupsRE@MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote: >On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:52:17 +0100, Martin ���� wrote: > >> Hi >> building a new pc with windows 7 - 64 bit >> will photoshop 7 run on it ok? > >yes, should ...

Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS.
Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS Built upon the proven security technologies in Windows Vista. Multiple Active Firewall Policies, DirectAccess, BranchCache, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, AV from Microsoft Security Essentials With every OS update a new version of the Microsoft malicious software removal tool. As we know, Windows is the most attacked OS, because Windows has 90% ++++ marketshare and Linux scriptkiddies and basementdwellers are known viruswriters! Unix guru Andy Tanenbaum wrote: [q] "most attackers think hitting Windows offers a bigger bang for the buck so Windows simply gets attacked more." [/q] http://lists.virus.org/securecoding-0405/msg00035.html Linux idiots like "7", Pete Kohltard, Roy Schestowitz can't face reality: * Win7 getting aces reviews * Win7 has already 3 to 4 times the amount users than Linux. * Netbooks dumping Linux for Windows XP / Windows 7. * "Advocates" continue to lie through their teeth and make a living with Windows. -- PLEASE VISIT OUR HALL OF LINUX IDIOTS: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Micoshaft Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Clogwog wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Appil Department of Marketing: > Windows 7 is the most secure Windows OS > Built upon the proven security technologies in Windows Vista. > Multiple Active Firewall Policies, > DirectAccess, > BranchCache, > BitLocker To Go, > AppLocker, > AV from Microsoft Security ...

Difference between Window XP and Windows 7
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows XP (32-bit) to Windows 7 (64-bit), and I am using Matlab R2011a on both machines. I am running a Matlab program on both machines and have noticed some surprisingly large differences in performance between the two. I am running the same program for different sets of data, which consist of 3D points from a laser scanner. For a few sets of data, the program runs in approx. 20 seconds on the XP machine, but produces an Out of Memory error on the Windows 7 machine. For other sets of data, it runs up to 20x slower on the Windows 7 machine (300 sec...

Windows 98 Through Windows Vista Programming.
I need to develop a CD slpash screen that runs with having to install any frameworks, runtime environments, etc. Can someone recommend a language to do this, I know VB, know Java(a little and can learn it quickly), C/C++ is a bit foreign to me but I think I could handle it. Need unbiased opinions. Jon Turlington On 5 Feb 2007 19:12:14 -0800, "Jon Turlington" <jdt@ndemand.com> wrote: >I need to develop a CD slpash screen that runs with having to install >any frameworks, runtime environments, etc. > >Can someone recommend a language to do this, I know VB, know Java(a >little and can learn it quickly), C/C++ is a bit foreign to me but I >think I could handle it. > >Need unbiased opinions. I would do it in Delphi - obviously I'm biased because I like and use Delphi J French wrote: > On 5 Feb 2007 19:12:14 -0800, "Jon Turlington" <jdt@ndemand.com> > wrote: > >> I need to develop a CD slpash screen that runs with having to install >> any frameworks, runtime environments, etc. >> >> Can someone recommend a language to do this, I know VB, know Java(a >> little and can learn it quickly), C/C++ is a bit foreign to me but I >> think I could handle it. >> >> Need unbiased opinions. > > I would do it in Delphi I agree! (Or plain C) > - obviously I'm biased because I like and use Delphi I used to like Delphi... ;-) -- Dag. In article <1170731...

Windows XP/Vista two windows
Hello, I=B4m having a weird issue with this emacs version because I open it and two windows show up: emacs itself and a black window. Is it its correct behaviour please? My .emacs file is below: ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;; File name: ` ~/.emacs ' ;;; --------------------- ;;; ;;; If you need your own personal ~/.emacs ;;; please make a copy of this file ;;; an placein your changes and/or extension. ;;; ;;; Copyright (c) 1997-2002 SuSE Gmbh Nuernberg, Germany. ;;; ;;; Author: Werner Fink, <feedback@suse.de> 1997,98,99,2002 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;; ;;; Test of Emacs derivates ;;; ----------------------- (if (string-match "XEmacs\\|Lucid" emacs-version) ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;; XEmacs ;;; ------ ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; (progn (if (file-readable-p "~/.xemacs/init.el") (load "~/.xemacs/init.el" nil t)) ) ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;; GNU-Emacs ;;; --------- ;;; load ~/.gnu-emacs or, if not exists /etc/skel/.gnu-emacs ;;; For a description and the settings see /etc/skel/.gnu-emacs ;;; ... for your private ~/.gnu-emacs your are on your one. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; (if (file-readable-p "~/.gn...

Windows Vista and iSeries Access for Windows?
Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista yet? Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility mode. I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench crashing. And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin image of Vista Ultimate. Thanks! -Bob il 17/07/2007 2.31, Scrive Bob Mgr 40365960: > Anyone brave/dumb enough to be trying iSeries Access for Windows on Vista > yet? > > Seemed to install OK, as long as I turned on run as admin and compatibility > mode. > > I got the 5250 to work OK but in Basic operation I cannot drag and drop a > spool file from Printer Output to my desktop - the program bombs > explorer.exe. Nor can I double-click on a file without the AFP Workbench > crashing. > > And I did just apply the PTF mentioned in my previous message. > > This is on a brand new Core 2 Duo Dell D630 notebook computer with a virgin > image of Vista Ultimate. See http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/windows/supportedos.html to get info about compatibilities between vista and iSeries access versions, service packs and fuctional restrictions listed in informational apars. -- Dr.Ugo Gagliar...

[News] [Rival] Windows XP in Vista 7 Called a "Scam", Will Fail Miserably

[News] [Rival] Windows 'Battery Killer' (Vista 7) Fails to Sell, RC to be Remotely Killed

What if Windows 7 fails too?
Since Windows 7 is nothing more than a re-hashed and re-packaged version of Windows Vista, there's a real chance that it too will fail miserably in the marketplace. What will Microsoft do if Windows 7 fails to entice businesses and consumers? Will they quickly gear up another re-hashed version and call it Windows 8? Will they try to come-up with a new version of Windows XP? Will they simply curl up and die somewhere? The latter is obviously the best option IMHO, so Linux can reign supreme forever. Bill got out just in time! Windows 7, I hate it ALREADY!!!! Non scrivetemi wrote: > ...

Windows 7 (Vista7) Upgrade Woes : Beware the 20 hour Windows 7 upgrade
http://www.itwire.com/content/view/28810/53/ begin{quote} .... This machine was no slouch, being an ASUS Lamborghini with beefy specifications. The laptop was set up how I liked, loaded with applications and data running on top of Windows Vista. This time I chose to perform an upgrade to Windows 7, believing the end result would be a seamless migration to Microsoft’s new operating system, but with my programs and settings as they were. In contrast to the previous Windows 7 installations this upgrade took a surprisingly long time. It literally ran all night. Nothing in the Windows 7 installation process indicated that hours and hours would be required. When I booted sure enough my settings and documents were preserved but the system performed worse than ever. As I was to find out, this was not unexpected by Microsoft. My grunty laptop had become sluggish to boot and Windows itself ran like everything was covered in molasses. It was an embarrassment to show people when they enquired about “this new Windows 7 thing” they’d heard about. The Aero theme continually locked up forcing a reboot. Switching to a basic display theme got me further but still reported kernel mode faults and blanked the screen on a regular basis. The experience I had with an upgraded Windows 7 installation was horrendous. .... end{quote} -- C.O.L.A Charter:- "For discussion of the benefits of GNU/Linux compared to other operating systems." On Oct 26, 2:11=A0pm, Terry Porte...

Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional (using MATLAB R2007a or R2007b)
I am planning to purchase a Laptop computer and must decide whether to order it with Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional. (I now use R2007a in Debian Linux. I have the package for R2007b but haven&#8217;t installed it.) My questions are: Does MATLAB R2007a (and/or R2007b) work on Windows 7 Home Premium? If not, does it work under Windows 7 Professional? Under Windows 7 Professional, would I have to run Matlab in Windows XP mode? If both operating systems work, is there any advantage (in terms of Matlab performance) to Windows 7 Professional vs. Home Premium? Thank you. ...

Uneeded files pt.2: Windows & Windows/System filenames & function list?
I'm just looking thru these dirs and wondering what alot of this crap is. Just by the look of them, alot look like they're one use stuff that isn't needed after install, or at least I don't need. Is there anywhere I can find a list of what's what? This old system needs every byte it's got :) If not, specifically I was wondering what setupslt.exe does. -- _____________________________________________________ For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :) ...

window.open window.resizeto ie 7

Windows 7 is really Windows NT.3
Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95. NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became Windows XP (5.1x) Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista, it only got to be NT 6.01. There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT! -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM) 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun) On Dec 29, 1:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote: > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x > > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95. > > NT 5.0x was given the m...

Web resources about - Some Arabic letters fail in Windows Vista & Windows 7 - comp.fonts

Glottal stop (letter) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... special characters . Without proper rendering support , you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols . The symbol ⟨ ʔ ⟩ is a letter of ...

Try a writing course: Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling reveals rejection letters
The celebrated Harry Potter has revealed a publisher suggested she join an amateurs' group as it rejected her crime novel.

Overseas Chinese activists say families are being targeted over letter to Xi Jinping
China's security apparatus is taking increasingly harsh measures to find out the source of an open letter.

Letters to the Editor
... Nation/World Courts & Crime Government & Politics Nubs Sports High School College Bismarck Bobcats National Opinion Editorials Columns Letters ...

J.K. Rowling shares photos of her rejection letters for 'inspiration'
... manuscripts was also recently denied. On Friday, the author took to Twitter to talk about rejection and share some photos of rejection letters ...

China journalists by Xi letter
China has detained several people after a published letter demanded President Xi Jinping resign, The New York Times reports.

Goodell on letter from Robert Kraft: No change to discipline for Patriots
... register Login Search form Search 45° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Goodell on letter ...

Rosario Dawson Supports Bernie Sanders in Powerful Open Letter logo logo logo logo
​"My intention is not to tell anyone how to vote, but instead offer the facts."&nbsp;​

J.K. Rowling Shares Two of Her Rejection Letters 'For Inspiration, Not Revenge'
J.K. Rowling Shares Two of Her Rejection Letters 'For Inspiration, Not Revenge'

JK Rowling's Rejection Letters And The Terrors Of A Planned Economy
JK Rowling* is tweeting out various of her rejection letters and to anyone who has ever written a book which actually was published this is of ...