Steel, Rivet Plate Fonts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
letters are built of steel.
Any help would be appreciatted.
0
Reply jetleg (1) 6/27/2004 12:45:29 AM

See related articles to this posting

Mark wrote:
> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
> letters are built of steel.
> Any help would be appreciatted.

Look here
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Also,
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/fonts/b5.htm
for
Baumarkt  (free)
And there are others. There are a few I can't find on the web that I'll
be glad to post in alt.binaries.fonts if you ask there.

Cyborg (Bright Ideas)
Girder - source unknown (NOT the commercial one that doesn't look like
that at all)
Iron Letters (Dieter Steffmann)
IronCladBoltedRaised (Digital Empires)
ScrewedFont (and Dark, Slanted, and Slanted Dark) by Perry Mason

Commercial fonts include
Merkin
Screwed AOE
CK Bolted
and more.

  - Character

0
Reply Character 6/27/2004 1:08:21 AM

Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
> Mark wrote:
>> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>> letters are built of steel.
>> Any help would be appreciatted.
>
> Look here
> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm

Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.

Just a few observations.

Andreas

0
Reply Andreas 6/27/2004 3:21:45 PM

Andreas H�feld wrote:
> Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>
>>>I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>>>letters are built of steel.
>>>Any help would be appreciatted.
>>
>>Look here
>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
> Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

I agree.

>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm
> Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.
>
> Just a few observations.

Steffmann took dozens of fonts, from free to commercial, and extended
their character sets.  Many of those were removed from his site before
it moved to typoasis.

    - Character

0
Reply Character 6/27/2004 3:43:22 PM
comp.fonts 4567 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Number plate font
Does anyone have a copy of the new UK number plate font (Charles Wright 2001) or something very similar please. TIA. Jim ...

Free license plate font
Free license plate font. http://davehansen22.googlepages.com ...

Fonts Double Imaging on Plate
Does anyone else have the problem of fonts double imaging on plate? We image directly to polyester plate and for some strange reason the text will randomly double image? Not everywhere, just random places. Mac OS 10.4 to Agfa Accuset 800 using Quark 7. This has also happened on our PC with pdf files printed from the Crackerjack plug-in for Acrobat. Thanks is advance. James In article <06dd2498-076b-4500-b37b- 8f36b1f8c91e@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, jamesaflint@gmail.com says... > Does anyone else have the problem of fonts double imaging on plate? We > image directly to poly...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

thermal diffusion on a steel plate
Hey, please help me out im struggling with writing the m-file for this project, i know a bit about matlab but am not an expert in it. The problem is this; consider a 20X20 steel plate holding a varying initial temperature distribution. Assume the faces and sides are completely insulated so that no heat can escape. Assume the initial temperature on the plate is 20 degrees except that the top left corner of the plate is 8 degrees (corresponds to i=1:13 and j=1:13.). Construct a square grid of points across the steel plate, and monitor the temperature at each of the grid points as time progresses...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Steel Joist designers, Steel Deck detailers, Steel detailers
Outsource the time consuming work of detailing your steel joists, decks and girders at affordable cost! Outsourcing Steel Detailing firm has over 10 years of experience detailing steel structures for mid-to-large size Steel fabricators in compliance with internationally recognized SJI & SDI standards. We strive to deliver accurate, dimensionally feasible and high quality Shop drawings on time. Find more details at http://www.outsourcingsteeldeta= iling.com We can detail Open Web Steel Joist K-Series and Long-span and Deep Long-span Steel Joists, LH-Series and DLH-Series and have expertis...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Porkert S150 MODEL 2
List Price:$119.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00154KRTY Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00154KRTY his efficient mill grinds corn, wheat, and many other types of grains plus herbs and spices with adjustable grinding fineness. Constructed of rugged cast iron with tin plating. ...

Charles Wright
Can anybody help me out with this font please?? Keeping my fingers crossed! Jim Jim wrote on 7/22/03 11:07 AM: > Can anybody help me out with this font please?? Keeping my fingers crossed! > > Jim Jim, If you attached an image, it was stripped off, since this newsgroup doesn't permit attachments. Can you post it to alt.binaries.fonts? or else put it on a web page that you can point us to? Thanks, -- - Mike Yanega Bowfin Printworks - "Finding Just Your Type" http://bowfinprintworks.com/FontSpotting.html Hi, The web site I would point you to is: http://www.dvl...

Font used on AlphaServer 300 name plate?
Hello! Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg I think I've seen that font within some DEC documentation, so I guess the font name might be embedded in the Postscript? Thanks! Mark. ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Font used by DEC on the AlphaServer 300 name plate?
Hello! Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg I think I've seen that font within some DEC documentation, so I guess the font name might be embedded in the Postscript? Thanks! Mark. urbancamo <mark@wickensonline.co.uk> wrote: > Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg A condensed version of Gill Sans with wide tracking http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/...

Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet KB4783 Jewelers
Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet KB4783 Jewelers Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Link : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/Stainless_Steel_Gold_Plating_Bracelets/Wholesale_KB4783.html Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Wholesale Price : $ 4.90 Stainless Steel Gold-Plating Bracelets Link : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/Stainless_Steel_Gold_Plating_Bracelets.html Chinese Stainless Steel Jewelry Wholesaler Home : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/ Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Detailed information : Specifications: 1) Material: Stainless Steel with Gold Plating 2) ...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

vector font and outline font
Hi, in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector font and outline font are used as synonym. Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts that aren't outline fonts? bye, Johannes Johannes Walther wrote: > Hi, > > in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector > font and outline font are used as synonym. > Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts > that aren't outline fonts? > > bye, > Johannes > In a historical sense, yes. Back when computer i...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Requesting a font/font name
Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, please tell the name of that font! ADNAN_16A2@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by > cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, > please tell the name of that font! A sample would likely be very helpful for font identification. I have access to some of the DVDs, so I'll see if I can get a frame grab... -- Vid the Kid "Does this font make me look fat?&quo...

Font ID for NBC font
http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif TIA Mike Doughty schrieb: > http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ Resea-Regular looks similar -- Super Newsreader: http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ Thanks for the reply...I posted to it about a week ago and it is still unsolved: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=19739 I also noticed at dafont.com, someone else posted an id request ... http://www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?3,74570 and someone replied with the same id: http://www.myfonts.com/font...