Steel, Rivet Plate Fonts

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
letters are built of steel.
Any help would be appreciatted.
0
Reply jetleg (1) 6/27/2004 12:45:29 AM

See related articles to this posting

Mark wrote:
> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
> letters are built of steel.
> Any help would be appreciatted.

Look here
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Also,
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/fonts/b5.htm
for
Baumarkt  (free)
And there are others. There are a few I can't find on the web that I'll
be glad to post in alt.binaries.fonts if you ask there.

Cyborg (Bright Ideas)
Girder - source unknown (NOT the commercial one that doesn't look like
that at all)
Iron Letters (Dieter Steffmann)
IronCladBoltedRaised (Digital Empires)
ScrewedFont (and Dark, Slanted, and Slanted Dark) by Perry Mason

Commercial fonts include
Merkin
Screwed AOE
CK Bolted
and more.

  - Character

0
Reply Character 6/27/2004 1:08:21 AM

Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
> Mark wrote:
>> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>> letters are built of steel.
>> Any help would be appreciatted.
>
> Look here
> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm

Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.

Just a few observations.

Andreas

0
Reply Andreas 6/27/2004 3:21:45 PM

Andreas H�feld wrote:
> Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>
>>>I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>>>letters are built of steel.
>>>Any help would be appreciatted.
>>
>>Look here
>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
> Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

I agree.

>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm
> Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.
>
> Just a few observations.

Steffmann took dozens of fonts, from free to commercial, and extended
their character sets.  Many of those were removed from his site before
it moved to typoasis.

    - Character

0
Reply Character 6/27/2004 3:43:22 PM
comp.fonts 4567 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Number plate font
Does anyone have a copy of the new UK number plate font (Charles Wright 2001) or something very similar please. TIA. Jim ...

Free license plate font
Free license plate font. http://davehansen22.googlepages.com ...

Fonts Double Imaging on Plate
Does anyone else have the problem of fonts double imaging on plate? We image directly to polyester plate and for some strange reason the text will randomly double image? Not everywhere, just random places. Mac OS 10.4 to Agfa Accuset 800 using Quark 7. This has also happened on our PC with pdf files printed from the Crackerjack plug-in for Acrobat. Thanks is advance. James In article <06dd2498-076b-4500-b37b- 8f36b1f8c91e@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, jamesaflint@gmail.com says... > Does anyone else have the problem of fonts double imaging on plate? We > image directly to poly...

thermal diffusion on a steel plate
Hey, please help me out im struggling with writing the m-file for this project, i know a bit about matlab but am not an expert in it. The problem is this; consider a 20X20 steel plate holding a varying initial temperature distribution. Assume the faces and sides are completely insulated so that no heat can escape. Assume the initial temperature on the plate is 20 degrees except that the top left corner of the plate is 8 degrees (corresponds to i=1:13 and j=1:13.). Construct a square grid of points across the steel plate, and monitor the temperature at each of the grid points as time progresses...

Porkert S150 MODEL 2
List Price:$119.95 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00154KRTY Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00154KRTY his efficient mill grinds corn, wheat, and many other types of grains plus herbs and spices with adjustable grinding fineness. Constructed of rugged cast iron with tin plating. ...

Charles Wright
Can anybody help me out with this font please?? Keeping my fingers crossed! Jim Jim wrote on 7/22/03 11:07 AM: > Can anybody help me out with this font please?? Keeping my fingers crossed! > > Jim Jim, If you attached an image, it was stripped off, since this newsgroup doesn't permit attachments. Can you post it to alt.binaries.fonts? or else put it on a web page that you can point us to? Thanks, -- - Mike Yanega Bowfin Printworks - "Finding Just Your Type" http://bowfinprintworks.com/FontSpotting.html Hi, The web site I would point you to is: http://www.dvl...

Font used on AlphaServer 300 name plate?
Hello! Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg I think I've seen that font within some DEC documentation, so I guess the font name might be embedded in the Postscript? Thanks! Mark. ...

Font used by DEC on the AlphaServer 300 name plate?
Hello! Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg I think I've seen that font within some DEC documentation, so I guess the font name might be embedded in the Postscript? Thanks! Mark. urbancamo <mark@wickensonline.co.uk> wrote: > Does anyone know what font DEC used for the AlphaServer 300 name plate as seen in this image: http://wickensonline.co.uk/images/alphaserver-label.jpg A condensed version of Gill Sans with wide tracking http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/...

Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet KB4783 Jewelers
Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet KB4783 Jewelers Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Link : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/Stainless_Steel_Gold_Plating_Bracelets/Wholesale_KB4783.html Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Wholesale Price : $ 4.90 Stainless Steel Gold-Plating Bracelets Link : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/Stainless_Steel_Gold_Plating_Bracelets.html Chinese Stainless Steel Jewelry Wholesaler Home : http://www.jewelry-wholesaler.net/ Stainless Steel Gold Plating Bracelet Detailed information : Specifications: 1) Material: Stainless Steel with Gold Plating 2) ...

George Foreman 3-Plates Stainless Steel Grill
List Price:$119.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000R4TQ8Q Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000R4TQ8Q This is our fourth GF grill. We have had this for almost 2 months now and use it frequently. I like the design and the removable plates. It cleans easily and the plates are easy to snap on and off. The cord is a little short so you will need to set this on a counter with 1-2 feet of an outlet. We have cooked chicken breast, hamburgers, brats, quesadillas and steaks on this. It cooks all items thoroughly. The one gripe (and it is a big one...

Fake Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366
Fake Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366 Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366 Link : http://www.aaa-replica-watch.com/seiko_watch_SKA366.html Buy the cheapest Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366 in toppest Fake . www.aaa-replica-watch.com helps you to save money! seiko-watch-SKA366 , Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366 , Replica , Cheap , Fakes , imitation , Seiko Watches Seiko Kinetic Two-Tone TiCN-Plated Steel Mens Watch SKA366 Information : Brand : Seiko Watches (http://www.aaa-replica-w...

TWEEZER 12" EXTRA LONG COATED TIP ECONOMY CHROME PLATED STEEL
Price:$12.49 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000HRR9VO Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000HRR9VO Ideal when using ultrasonic cleaners or steamers. Insulates and provides resistance to heat and chemicals. Extra-long, sturdy, chrome-plated steel tweezers keep you a safe distance from the steam and provides a sure grip and non-scratch retrieving. ...

Emporio Armani Women's Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Price:$395.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001NFWRDE Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001NFWRDE Mysteriously sexy with shining appeal. This Emporio Armani watch features a black ion-plated stainless steel bracelet and oversized round case. Crystal-accented bezel. Black dial with silvertone stick indices, logo and date window. Quartz movement. Water resistant to 30 meters. Two-year international warranty. ...

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Stainless Steel and Gold Plated Mens Watch WAF1124.BB0807
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Stainless Steel and Gold Plated Mens Watch WAF1124.BB0807 Discount Watches Site : http://www.watchespurchase.com/ Tag Heuer Aquaracer Stainless Steel and Gold Plated Mens Watch WAF1124.BB0807 Link : http://www.watchespurchase.com/tag-heuer-aquaracer-watch-waf1124bb0807.html Tag Heuer Aquaracer Stainless Steel and Gold Plated Mens Watch WAF1124.BB0807 Information : Brand : TAG Heuer Watches ( http://www.watchespurchase.com/TAG-Heuer.html ) Gender : Mens Code : tag-heuer-aquaracer-watch-waf1124bb0807 Item Variations : WAF1124.BB0807 W...

Pulsar Two-tone TiCN-plated Steel Chronograph Alarm Mens Watch PF3547 Replica
Pulsar Two-tone TiCN-plated Steel Chronograph Alarm Mens Watch PF3547 Replica, Fake, Cheap, AAA Replica watch Pulsar Two-tone TiCN-plated Steel Chronograph Alarm Mens Watch PF3547 Link : http://www.aaa-replica-watch.com/pulsar_alarm_chronograph_watch_pf3547.html Buy the cheapest Pulsar Two-tone TiCN-plated Steel Chronograph Alarm Mens Watch PF3547 in toppest Replica . www.aaa-replica-watch.com helps you to save money! pulsar-alarm-chronograph-watch-pf3547 , Pulsar Two- tone TiCN-plated Steel Chronograph Alarm Mens Watch PF3547 , Replia , Cheap , Fake , imitation , Pulsar Watches Pulsar Two-...

Missing py2exe, needed 4 a gcode generator to engrave text in fancy ttf fonts in steel
Greetings; Since the missing module is intended for making python stuff run standalone on a winderz box, I've no clue why it should be needed to build and make F- Engrave run on my 10.04.4 LTS box, but it insists on loading it in the setup.py script that starts it the first time. FWIW, cxfreeze is said, by synaptics search function to be the equ of the windows py2exe module. Can someone take a look at <http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave_setup.html#linux_fengrave> Then this is what I get: gene@coyote:~/src/F-Engrave-1.22_src$ python py2exe_setup.py T...

2x25lb Bayou Adjustable Dumbbells-Quality Chrome Plated Steel
Price:$159.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000MVH5SC Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000MVH5SC These dumbells are certainly not the best quality but they get the job done. Initially, it is kindda hard to change the weights. I also could not use one of the plates that came with the product but the customer service is pretty responsive and they mailed me a new plate real fast. Overall, just an OK product. You get what you pay for holds true in this case. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar:http://thed...

Pulsar Men's Crystal Accented Black Ion Plated Stainless Steel Watch #PXDB21
Price:$175.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001L1S1BW Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001L1S1BW Pulsar PXDB21 Crystal Collection Mens Watch - Pulsar PXDB21 A must-have for every man. This watch features two-tone case and bracelet in a black ion finish. The black dial with date calendar sparkles with the 11 Swarovski® crystals markers. 30M water resistant. ACCESSORIES: Pulsar Men's Crystal Alarm Chronograph Two-Tone Watch #PF3688:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001L1RZIC Pulsar Men's Chronograph Tw...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Steel Joist designers, Steel Deck detailers, Steel detailers
Outsource the time consuming work of detailing your steel joists, decks and girders at affordable cost! Outsourcing Steel Detailing firm has over 10 years of experience detailing steel structures for mid-to-large size Steel fabricators in compliance with internationally recognized SJI & SDI standards. We strive to deliver accurate, dimensionally feasible and high quality Shop drawings on time. Find more details at http://www.outsourcingsteeldeta= iling.com We can detail Open Web Steel Joist K-Series and Long-span and Deep Long-span Steel Joists, LH-Series and DLH-Series and have expertis...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...