Steel, Rivet Plate Fonts

I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
letters are built of steel.
Any help would be appreciatted.
0
jetleg (1)
6/27/2004 12:45:29 AM
comp.fonts 4615 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Mark wrote:
> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
> letters are built of steel.
> Any help would be appreciatted.

Look here
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Also,
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/fonts/b5.htm
for
Baumarkt  (free)
And there are others. There are a few I can't find on the web that I'll
be glad to post in alt.binaries.fonts if you ask there.

Cyborg (Bright Ideas)
Girder - source unknown (NOT the commercial one that doesn't look like
that at all)
Iron Letters (Dieter Steffmann)
IronCladBoltedRaised (Digital Empires)
ScrewedFont (and Dark, Slanted, and Slanted Dark) by Perry Mason

Commercial fonts include
Merkin
Screwed AOE
CK Bolted
and more.

  - Character

0
Character
6/27/2004 1:08:21 AM
Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
> Mark wrote:
>> I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>> letters are built of steel.
>> Any help would be appreciatted.
>
> Look here
> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm

Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

> http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm

Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.

Just a few observations.

Andreas

0
Andreas
6/27/2004 3:21:45 PM
Andreas H�feld wrote:
> Also sprach/Thus spake Character:
>
>>Mark wrote:
>>
>>>I need a font with thick steel looking andrivets on it. Like the
>>>letters are built of steel.
>>>Any help would be appreciatted.
>>
>>Look here
>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/m/messing.htm
> Interestingly a lookalike of "Girder", but Girder looks cleaner to me.

I agree.

>>http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/samples/s/sans_plate.htm
> Original (from Type Revivals) has no extended charset.
>
> Just a few observations.

Steffmann took dozens of fonts, from free to commercial, and extended
their character sets.  Many of those were removed from his site before
it moved to typoasis.

    - Character

0
Character

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Help with a font (looking for a font)
Hello, Everytime I ask you guys a question, you people help me out, so here I am, again, asking for your help. I am not very rich, just a student and I am looking for a couple of fonts, for the PC (TTF). I would appreciate it if you can tell me where to download the following fonts, for free, or fonts very similar to them: 1) New Century Schoolbook 2) News Gothic 3) Franklin Gothic. I am looking for a font with the "g" tail, similar to New Century Schoolbook (for serif) and the "g tail" similar to News Gothic or Franklin Gothic (for sans-serif). If you don't know whe...

Making a font from another font
Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font that should behave exactly as the original one except for one thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. Warning: [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. For instance: (ABCDE) show should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:04:14 +0100, Nobody wrote: > Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font > that should behave exactly as the original on...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

Web resources about - Steel, Rivet Plate Fonts - comp.fonts

Steel (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The film stars Shaquille O'Neal as Irons and his alter ego Steel, Annabeth Gish as his wheelchair using partner Susan Sparks, and Judd Nelson ...

China confirms steel industry in decline
Steel output in the world's largest producer posted the first annual contraction in a quarter century.

Illegal steel claw animal traps found near Altona, Laverton bike path
RSPCA says it will 'take a very hard line' after dog walker makes shocking discovery near suburban park. Illegal steel animal traps have been ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Apple Watch Steel Band $19, 13″ MacBook Air $800, Brother Laser w/ AirPrint $150 ...
... us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed , Facebook , Google+ and Safari push notifications . TODAY’S CAN’T MISS DEALS: Apple Watch Stainless Steel Bands ...

Toyota halts production in Japan due to steel shortage
Filed under: Plants/Manufacturing , Toyota , Japan Toyota will suspend all auto production in Japan for a week because of a steel shortage.

Tata steel: Port Talbot faces bulk of 1,050 job losses
More than 1,000 jobs are to go at Tata steel plants - with the bulk going in Port Talbot - the company confirms.

China Steel Plan Seen Spurring 400,000 Job Cuts, Instability
China’s plan to slash crude steel production capacity could eliminate 400,000 jobs and may fuel social instability, according to the state-run ...

“Ben Stiller has been Blue Steel-ing his way through Europe” links
Ben Stiller has been doing Blue Steel all over Europe. [Moe Jackson] Mariah Carey cautiously discusses diversity & politics. [OMG Blog] TMZ ...

Toyota may halt Japan output on steel shortage
Toyota Motor said it may halt production at domestic plants early next month due to a steel shortage after an explosion at a steel plant.

United States Steel Co. (X) Set to Announce Earnings on Tuesday
United States Steel Co. (NYSE:X) is scheduled to be posting its quarterly earnings results after the market closes on Tuesday, January 26th. ...