Ticketmaster Font?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on
Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda
old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :)

I'd like to use it asap.

Thanks in advance!

~ M ~
0
Reply canadian354 9/6/2003 11:08:52 PM

See related articles to this posting

Mabel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on
> Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda
> old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :)
>
> I'd like to use it asap.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> ~ M ~

Nope, I haven't a clue - how about a link to an image?

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

0
Reply Perdita 9/7/2003 12:30:22 AM
comp.fonts 4571 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Ticketmaster Font? #2
Hi- I am trying to create some invitations that look like tickets. Does anyone know where I can find a ticketmasteresque font? Here is an example of what I am looking for: http://www.b12partners.net/mt/images/dylan_ticket_audiotorium.jpg Thanks in advance. -A.F. In article <f1pvg3$7107$1@netnews.upenn.edu>, Anthony Fappiano <anthony.fappiano@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi- I am trying to create some invitations that look like tickets. Does > anyone know where I can find a ticketmasteresque font? Here is an > example of what I am looking for: > > http://www.b12...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

vector font and outline font
Hi, in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector font and outline font are used as synonym. Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts that aren't outline fonts? bye, Johannes Johannes Walther wrote: > Hi, > > in Wikipedia (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_font) vector > font and outline font are used as synonym. > Ok, outline fonts are vector fonts, but aren't there any vector fonts > that aren't outline fonts? > > bye, > Johannes > In a historical sense, yes. Back when computer i...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Requesting a font/font name
Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, please tell the name of that font! ADNAN_16A2@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. I want the font which is used in Naruto anime (english, aired by > cartoon network) subtitling, used to describe the name of episode. OR, > please tell the name of that font! A sample would likely be very helpful for font identification. I have access to some of the DVDs, so I'll see if I can get a frame grab... -- Vid the Kid "Does this font make me look fat?&quo...

Font ID for NBC font
http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif TIA Mike Doughty schrieb: > http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ Resea-Regular looks similar -- Super Newsreader: http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ Thanks for the reply...I posted to it about a week ago and it is still unsolved: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=19739 I also noticed at dafont.com, someone else posted an id request ... http://www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?3,74570 and someone replied with the same id: http://www.myfonts.com/font...

Getting font file of font
Hi, i have the following question: how can I determine (need not be a platform-indepent method, need for Windows first) the font file being used for a certain Font object? Background: The user of my program can choose a font from a list (generated by GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().getAvailableFontFamilyNames()). As a parameter for an external video player I need the corresponding font file, regardless whether it is a font coming the Java Environment or a system-provided one. Thanks in advance, Oliver ...

AWT font != Swing Font
I have discovered that Swing fonts with the same name and size displayed in a JTextArea will show more characters than AWT will in a TextArea. What gives? Here are the currency characters where the effect is most obvious: + "\u0020 " + "\u00a3 " + "\u00a4 " + "\u00a5 " + "\u0e3f " + "\u17db " + "\u20a1 " + "\u20a2 " + "\u20a3 " + "\u20a4 " + "\u20a6 " + "\u20a8 " + &qu...

Making a font from another font
Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font that should behave exactly as the original one except for one thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. Warning: [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. For instance: (ABCDE) show should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:04:14 +0100, Nobody wrote: > Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font > that should behave exactly as the original on...

MAC Fonts/Windows Fonts
Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed the file out and noticed that the font was really "cool," the a was more like an a we write with a c and a line (you know, kinda like we write and NOT the way courier new does). I am trying to figure out: First, does anyone have any idea what font it was? Second, what program do you think I probably used? I think it looks like a TXT file but it is a doc. What is it, just looks really good. Help me our here, please. GNV wrote: > Recently, I was using a Apple MAC and opened a .doc file. I printed > the file out ...

Name of the font? Nome font?
Qualcuno mi puo' indicare il nome della font in immagine? Anyone could help me to find the name of the font of the linked image?... http://www.digitalroads.it/temp/font.jpg Grazie/Thanks -- "Papa',cosa sono le icone? - Sono immagini sacre. - E perche Windows ne ha tante? - Perche ci vogliono i miracoli per farlo funzionare" ]-[ardcastle - ICQ#115164955 In article <b27vn1lpt0q7b83dsvljriptjgkqlepi4t@4ax.com>, "M'Pol aka ]-[ardcastle" <lomjoeNOWASTE@hotmail.com> wrote: > Qualcuno mi puo' indicare il nome della font in immagine? > Anyo...

Are you a font pro? identify this font????
http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/25/leica-summaritm-75mm.jpg Is there any font pros who can identify the font used on the numbers of this lens???? On Jun 1, 8:36=A0pm, Gina Longo <gina.lo...@gmail.com> wrote: > http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/25/leica-summaritm-75mm... > Is there any font pros who can identify the font used on the numbers > of this lens???? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------= ----------------------------- DIN, I believe. Bill On Jun 1, 8:55=A0pm, Bill <BillsRREmp...@gmail.com> wrote:...

List of Fonts from Font Reserve
How can I generate a list of all the fonts that I have in my Font Reserve "Vault"? This basic functionality doesn't seem to be built in, and I can't find any shareware that looks in the vault. ...

@font-face and Download of fonts
Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? Thanks! Fip No. No one can tell you "... how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? ..." It doesn't work that way. "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in message news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.libero.it... > Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the > @font-face (CSS) tag? > Thanks! > Fip > > "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.liber...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

Display font choices each in own font
Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of fonts available from http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font as Word has done since 2000? On 21 May 2006 14:41:16 -0700, penguin732901@aol.com wrote: >Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of >fonts available from >http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). > >I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font >as Word has done since 2000? I think there ...