Ticketmaster Font?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on
Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda
old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :)

I'd like to use it asap.

Thanks in advance!

~ M ~
0
canadian354
9/6/2003 11:08:52 PM
comp.fonts 4583 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Mabel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on
> Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda
> old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :)
>
> I'd like to use it asap.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> ~ M ~

Nope, I haven't a clue - how about a link to an image?

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

0
Perdita

Can I add Arabic fonts to an esri shape file with map object?
Hello Can I add Arabic text to an esri shape file with map object? ...

Ticketmaster Font?
Hi all, Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :) I'd like to use it asap. Thanks in advance! ~ M ~ Mabel wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyone know of a font (and where I can find it) that is used on > Ticketmaster tickets? It's a sans-serif font that's kinda > old-fashioned. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. :) > > I'd like to use it asap. > > Thanks in advance! > > > ~ M...

graphical fonts for nav menu just blur when tested in browser
I am trying to use nice fonts for my nav menu. I downloaded and installed a very nice font. I opened photoshop and made nice labels with text to use for the images for the nav menu. I use dreamweaver and put the images in and they look great. But when I try to test the page, everything looks bigger in the browser, and the fonts are now blurry and hard to read and look awful. I've tried different things but same problem. How can I make nice sharp images for the nav menu that won't blow up and blur out when I look at the page in a browser? Thanks in advance for any help... Jim...

SN#22405 MySQL Puts Customers in Their Seats for Ticketmaster.com
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 141 Issue 4 2009-11-26 Article 22405 from section "MySQL" Company Completes Successful Migration from Microsoft Solutions Ticketmaster.com, which had been a Microsoft shop, using many of Microsoft�s products ranging from Operating Systems (Windows), Web Server (ISS Server) to Database (SQL Server), migrated to MySQL when the Microsoft solutions proved inadequate to deal with customer and event volume. Ticketmaster.com evaluated many databases and decided to move from Microsoft SQL Server to MySQL vers...

universal unicode font for reportlab
I need to create multi lingual invoices from reportlab. I think it is possible to use UTF 8 strings but there is a problem with the font. I could not find any free TTF font that can do latin1, latin2, arabic, chinese and other languages at the same time. Is there a single font that is able to handle these languages? (Most of our invoices will be for EN, FR, DE, HU, SK, CZ, RO but some of them needs to be in Chinese.) Thanks, Laszlo Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com> writes: > I could not find any free TTF font that can do latin1, latin2, > arabic, chinese and other lan...

which font?
please look at: http://www.ginseng-kosmetik.de/font.gif which fonts could it be? thx In article <dcckg1$9ac$04$1@news.t-online.com>, "Heinrich" <sarobo@t-online.de> wrote: > please look at: http://www.ginseng-kosmetik.de/font.gif > > which fonts could it be? > > thx 'Avant Garde' in several weights, with ample use of the 'Alternate' (ligature) version of said font. 'Avant Garde' is widely available, the alternate versions can be found at Fontshop: <http://www.fontshop.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.fontpackage&d...

FileMaker Font Fallback for PDFs
I have an invoice set in Futura Light. The currency of the invoice can be adjusted by the user between the following: $ USD, =A3 GBP or =80 Euro. This works perfectly when printing. It does not work correctly when creating a PDF using FileMaker=92s built-in print to PDF function. The Euro symbol comes out as a nonsense character instead. If I use Arial, there=92s no problem. Here=92s the explanation why from FileMaker=92s documentation: =934.3. Font fallback is not supported in saved PDF files from FileMaker Pro. An example of this is the tab control label (which only supports one font). If th...

Showing my (or your) fonts
I made a script to show my fonts. Not ready yet, only the first 48 fonts. ;-) Some things are hard-coded, but in a case like this it is acceptable I think. Also for some fonts the text goes of the page, but again: in this case I find it acceptable. (It is only to get an idea about the fonts.) I use a blue background with yellow letters, because I find this easier on the eyes. The script (change the fonts to your fonts): %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Creator: Cecil Westerhof %%Title: Sample Text Effects %%LanguageLevel: 3 /backgroundColour {0 0 1} def /fontsize 12 def /nrOfLines...

problem in displaying 2 byte fonts
hi, i am developing a text editing application using wxWidgets-2.4.2 on suse linux 9.0.i have a problem with 2 byts fonts.The font dialog says that "this is a 2 byte font and may not be displayed correectly" and it is actually displayed in the form of rectangles only.i have to develop this application for indic languages and most of the available fonts are 2 byte.the code includes just the font dialog providedby wxWidgets and the libraries.the fonts have to be installed of course. Please help in this regard.Please reply to my mail id as i have not yet subscribed on th...

How to Track Down a Font
I have little knowledge of "font science" (whatever the proper term is), so please bear with me. Recently I have been reading a book published in India in 1976. There are extensive passages in italic type in a font which I have come to like very much. Unfortunately I do not have access to a scanner and software, so I am unable to provide an online specimen. Are there any pointers as to how I might locate a TTF file with a similar looking italic font -- in other words, how do I locate TT fonts at all which please me? Thanks. -- Paul Bartlett Paul Bartlett wrote: > ...

New font true Type
Hi, How can i do to create Book Antika or another font existing onto Windows XP Font onto Oracle reporter for AIX 5.2 ? Thank's freedba wrote: > Hi, > > How can i do to create Book Antika or another font existing onto > Windows XP Font onto Oracle reporter for AIX 5.2 ? > > Thank's What is Oracle reporter for AIX 5.2? I assume you mean some unnamed version of Oracle Reports that you are running on AIX 5.2. But likely AIX is the server not the client. Clarification, including full version numbers, is required. -- Daniel A. Morgan http://w...

Ugly fonts (fontconfig)
Hello, I have problems with ugly fonts on my desktop. My system is Solaris 9 with additional software from Blastwave. In applications which rely on fontconfig, the fonts are very ugly. Fontconfig is from Blastwave and the fonts.conf was not changed; I only added one font path to local.conf. In Xfce-settings I tried to check or uncheck anti-aliasing but nothing changed. Could anyone help me with this? Hana -- Hana Skoumalova Charles University, Faculty of Arts Institute of Theoretical tel: +420 221619752 & Computa...

create eps with outline fonts
Hello. I would like to create an eps file from my latex file, and I must use outlined fonts. How do I do that? Gunnar G schrieb: > > I would like to create an eps file from my latex file, and I must use > outlined fonts. How do I do that? 1) Use only fonts that exist in Type1 (Postscript) format. (The documentation of your TeX system must tell you, which fonts are available in this .) 2) Instruct dvips to use Type1 fonts if possible, and to embed all fonts. (Ask the documentaation of your TeX system how to do so.) 3) Run dvips with the additional option -E to crate EPS; or al...

font problems in ezPDF
hi all! I use ezPDF like this $pdf = new Cezpdf('a4','potrait'); $tmp = array( 'b'=>'Courier-Bold.AFM', 'i'=>'Courier-Oblique.AFM', 'bi'=>'Courier-BoldOblique.AFM', 'ib'=>'Courier-BoldOblique.AFM', 'bb'=>'Times-Roman.afm' ); $pdf->setFontFamily('Courier.AFM',$tmp); $codeFont = 'fonts/Courier.AFM'; $pdf->selectFont($codeFont); $pdf->addText(..... The problem is that I cannot change the font, it remains to be Helvetica... the fonts folder is pres...

fonts on a network
Chris Evans is asking in a separate thread about whether various font-filing software works smoothly on various new hardware. This is a tangential question. Having three Ro machines on my network now (RiscPC, Iyonix and Armini) it would be great if some resources could be shared by all three without having to have a separate copy on each machine. Can this be achieved for fonts using any of the apps CJE mentions? If so, how? (Shades of the big Network Computer idea that Acorn bet the house on, back in the mid-1990s.) -- Jim Nagel www.archivemag.co....

@font-face and Download of fonts
Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? Thanks! Fip No. No one can tell you "... how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? ..." It doesn't work that way. "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in message news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.libero.it... > Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the > @font-face (CSS) tag? > Thanks! > Fip > > "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.liber...

VT52 font?
Anyone have a copy of the VT52 7x7 font in digital form? (or heck, even in paper form for that matter) thanks! -brad [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] "brad@heeltoe.com" <brad@heeltoe.com> spake the secret code <1166132645.697615.249420@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com> thusly: >Anyone have a copy of the VT52 7x7 font in digital form? <http://bitsavers.vt100.net/dec/terminal/EK-VT52-MM-002_maint_Jul78.pdf> on page 4-3 has the characters A, T and Z in upper and lower case, but I could not find a full character dump. You may hav...

Questions on Printer Fonts , Type1 fonts etc
1) How can I get the list of fonts present in the printer (printer fonts) using java. This is in Unix. Is it possible ? For printer fonts in unix where are the afm/pfa files located ? Are they in the printer or the machines ? 2) Can type1 fonts contain more than 256 glyphs ? Is there a Type1 Unicode font ? If yes, can you give an example ? In article <1130331889.558486.20700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, ratheesh.pai@gmail.com says... > 1) How can I get the list of fonts present in the printer (printer > fonts) using java. This is in Unix. Is it possible ? Depends o...

font identification #2 217644
Can anyone help me on this font? http://209.180.204.251/font/font-ms-800.jpg "Bryce" <fukuzzz@takethisout.hotmail.com> a ??????? news:5UzJc.26$IJ5.22903@news.uswest.net: > Can anyone help me on this font? Belwe ...

PDA 8.5: Calling the Windows user32 dll MessageBox function results in unknown fonts (empty square characters) in the displayed message box
I'm calling the Windows user32.dll MessageBox function from a LabView PDA 8.5&nbsp;VI.&nbsp; When it runs on the emulator or the PDA target, the characters in the two strings passed to the function, ipText and ipCaption,&nbsp;are displayed as empty squares (indicating an unknown font, I think).&nbsp; Also, the VI name at the top of the front panel changes from intelligible characters to&nbsp;empty squares while the MessageBox is displayed. &nbsp; MSDN describes the MessageBox parameters the same way for both Windows XP and Mobile.&nbsp; The strings are of type L...

MS Word picture to PDF
What has a picture to do with fonts? Well, "pictures" in MS Word seem to include a lot more than a bitmap. I have a graph in MS Excel that I am importing into a MS Word document as a "picture" (in the edit/paste options). When the document is then made into a pdf, if the graph includes text in a font size below 8 pt, , the text turns into a black rectangle. I'm using Dirk Paehl's PDF Writer. 7 pt font directly typed into Word goes into a pdf OK. This doesn't depend on the size of the text in the Word document. The picture can be expanded or reduced i...

Font Libuary
Is there any active links to a RISC OS Font libuary. All the links I had are very old and no longer available. I am looking for a freeware Bone Font if there is one. -- Paul C.Robinson. Born to be a rebel. Loves Ice Hockey, my Yamaha XJR1300 and RISC OS computer systems. Speaking for me myself and I when you see this sig. #8-) Alternative communication Tel:- (+44) 1708 852225 Fax:- (+44) 8700568378 In article <ant0822270b0zokP@pr006f6094.blueyonder.co.uk>, Paul C Robinson <Paul@havaccnt.demon.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any active links to a RISC OS Font libuary. All the li...

Hiragino Font--- Why?
When I try to disable the Hiragino fonts and some other foreign language fonts, the system does not seem to want me to do that, highlighting the "cancel" selection instead of the "disable" selection. Is there some problem with disabling these fonts that I never use? In article <madwen-D2F4CF.16491210122003@news-50.giganews.com>, Madwen observed: > > When I try to disable the Hiragino fonts and some other foreign language > fonts, the system does not seem to want me to do that, highlighting the > "cancel" selection instead of the "d...

ambassador font letraset
I have a need for the font Ambassador. Apparently, an old letraset font from the mid 1980's, Does anyone know if it has been digitised and where to get it TIA. . .Steve labels@adelaide.on.net (Steve) wrote in message news:<4c8dc368.0403022214.7ac20840@posting.google.com>... > I have a need for the font Ambassador. Apparently, an old letraset > font from the mid 1980's, Does anyone know if it has been digitised > and where to get it > TIA. . .Steve According to this post of 10 years ago: <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1994May2.150738.28440%40VFL.Paramax.CO...

What font?
Can anyone tell me what font this is please? www.aikikanoslo.no/aikikan.gif M.Olsen ...