What font goes well with Bernhard Modern?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
be serif or sans-serif.
Someone suggested using Caslon but I'm not sure if that really does it
for me....

0
Reply alastair.chesson (1) 2/9/2007 12:58:12 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Feb 8, 7:58 pm, alastair.ches...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
> be serif or sans-serif.
> Someone suggested using Caslon but I'm not sure if that really does it
> for me....

Perhaps Caledonia or New Caledonia (Transitional 511 BT).

Bill

0
Reply Bill 2/9/2007 1:48:02 AM

> I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
> be serif or sans-serif.

With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad. Sans serif may look too different.

Choice of a typeface (not font) depend on basic layout, images, colors, etc. so your question is like "I'll make dinner on blue plates which wine should I choose." ;-)

Jukka
0
Reply Armadillo 2/9/2007 8:38:57 PM

"Armadillo" <reply@newsgroup.pls> schrieb:
>=20
> > I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> > looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. =
Could
> > be serif or sans-serif.
>=20
> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
> Sans serif may look too different.

Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)

> Choice of a typeface (not font) depend on basic layout, images, =
colors,
> etc. so your question is like "I'll make dinner on blue plates which =
wine
> should I choose." ;-)

LOL - I agree. Not to forget: content. It could be a menu for an elegant
restaurant or a brochure for a senior citizens' residence or ...

Anyway, with the large ascenders of B.M. you should make use of=20
generous linespacing with the body text as well. Whatever font or=20
typeface :-) you chose for that.

Andreas
0
Reply Andreas 2/11/2007 2:23:20 PM

>> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
>> Sans serif may look too different.
>
> Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)

Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.

Jukka
0
Reply Armadillo 2/11/2007 5:11:00 PM

"Armadillo" <reply@newsgroup.pls> schrieb:
>=20
> >> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
> >> Sans serif may look too different.
> >
> > Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)
>=20
> Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.

LOL - I have the same problem, is that because both were the(TM)
MM-fonts?

Andreas
0
Reply Andreas 2/12/2007 3:25:59 PM

>> Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.
>
> LOL - I have the same problem, is that because both were the(TM)
> MM-fonts?

Could be but dementia is more likely reason.

Jukka
0
Reply Armadillo 2/12/2007 3:31:46 PM
comp.fonts 4567 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!
Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well!Be well! Be well! Be well! ...

Well well well well well
High Costs Mean Low Uptake for Linux http://www.china.org.cn/english/BAT/133375.htm I sense many a cola nut is experiencing a clinching sensation in their hindquarters, as the primary reason they admit they adopt Linux/OSS is proven less and less relevant. The research organization that produced the study is China Computerworld Media Group (CCW), out of Beijing. Of course they're paid MS shills - who else would have anything unkind to say about Linux? I bet a dozen Linuxers are digging hard and fast to find whatever fantasy link they can between CCW and MS. Maybe the CCW founder liv...

bernhard modern fonts fontinst
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C08FB8C68E41976AFF1BF14C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has somebody successfully installed the bernhard modern fonts including the alternate fonts using fontinst? Yours, Werner Struckmann -- = Technische Universit=E4t Braunschweig Dr. Werner Struckmann E-Mail: struck@ips.cs.tu-bs.de Institut f=FCr Software Abteilung Programmierung Postfach 33 29 38023 Braunschweig Telefon: +49-(0)531-391-3278 Telefax: +49-(0)...

Well Well Well
It's funny to see the same people argue after such a long time! To bad SG is gone On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:34 +0200, Ochal Christophe <co@nospam.orelse.fem.be> wrote: >It's funny to see the same people argue after such a long time! >To bad SG is gone He isn't. He is just infesting some other newsgroup blabbing on about how his Sigma DSLR camera is sooooo much better than every other make. He goes by the name 'George Preddy', which is an indication of wishful thinking on his part, IMHO. Noel wrote: > On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:34 +0200, Ochal Chris...

Well, well, well.
http://i.imgur.com/uMH8M.png This is my latest work in progress. I wonder what's missing that makes it blow up like this... Maybe because the drive emulation is sloppy? (it's the old Dapple code running in turbo mode.) -uso. Replying to myself with more info. Also moving it to cea2 which might be more apropos. http://xtra.usotsuki.info/daplus3-000.zip OK, the problem is reproduceable in Apple ][ "emulation". It affects ProDOS as well (only 1.0 or 1.0.1 would even work on this configuration). Some other software also exhibits weird behavior that I...

Well, Well, Well...
Vista Enterprise will only be available through the software assurance program... So, looks like to keep using it, you'll have to keep stumping up the annual payments... else you lose the right to run it. -- XP, unsafe on the information highway at any speed Paul Cooke wrote: >Vista Enterprise will only be available through the software assurance >program... > >So, looks like to keep using it, you'll have to keep stumping up the annual >payments... else you lose the right to run it. Well, this is the start of the "software rentals" push that M$ wants to m...

[SEARCH] Font Package : Bernhard Modern & co.
Hi there, I recently swapped from a Titanium to an iMac. Unfortunately, i've lost several font collections during the data transfer (CD-ROM and LAN - i know, i am goofy sometimes). I was intensively using the Bernhard Modern, that was installed out of some commercial software. Problem : i don't even remember when i started using this font, means i can't locate the potential source in my application library. Could you please help me finding which soft it is or could be, so i can reinstall my favorite fonts from the corresponding CD ? Thanks in advance, and Merry Xmas, _Marc Have ...

Mac Font Book and Computer Modern Postscript fonts
I have the complete collection of Computer Modern Postscript fonts obtained from a TeX download and stored as individual font files with names like CMxxxx in my OS 10.3.9 usr/Library/Fonts folder, and they work fine with TeXShop. I can't seem to add them to Font Book, however. When I try to add them to the Font column in Font Book using the "+" button, all their names appear in the Find dialog greyed out (other fonts are active as expected). Does Font Book not handle Postscript fonts? Or is there something special about these CM fonts that Font Book can't handle? ...

Well Well....
Hey gang, Check out www.apexmedia.com It has nothing to do with me, thank god! On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:08:16 -0400, phantomm_1 wrote: > Hey gang, > > Check out www.apexmedia.com > > It has nothing to do with me, thank god! Heh. What about that - wonder if they researched the name first. Just ain't the same, somehow... :) -- Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!" An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org "Ronald J. Hall" <darklord@suddenlink.net> wrote in message news:pan.20...

Need old Font Editor for Windows vector fonts (like modern.fon)
Hi, I'd need to edit modern.fon (which is a vector font) in Win2000 / XP environments. Does anybody have a font editor capable of editing such font? It seems that current tools can just work with TrueType. There was, in the Win3.1 era, a font editor for that, but it seems to have disappeard nowadays. Any tips? ...

Well, well well : Linux ignored again.
Grrrr. There is no Kindle reader for Linux. Another reason many wont make the move. The Kindle is a GREAT device btw. ...

European Modern fonts
Hi, Where can I obtain the European Modern fonts nowadays? They seem unavailable now from the official site. dan ...

organizing fonts well
I've got a number of CDs and DVDs containing fonts and I want to organize them in hierarchically structured folders on a hard drive. I've read that there is no single 'best' way of classifying fonts for storage and retrieval purposes but I've decided to settle for the method used on this Wiki page initially: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typeface So, Roman, Blackletter, Gaelic, Monospaced and Symbol are the basic folders I'm going to use, with sub-divisions of these as needed. My method for finding and deleting duplicates isn't very well developed yet. I have mai...

What goes well with Neutraface?
Hello Fontomaniacs, I'm a little stuck regarding the quest as to find a font that looks well in company with Neutraface. I just designed a logo for a small company and the accompanying stationary, business cards, etc. using Neutraface and all looks fine and elegant. So far so good. But now I wonder which typeface to choose for the common everyday task of writing letters and invoices on the letterhead. Neutraface Text still looks to delicate for this task in my eyes. So what I'm looking for is a simple font, maybe even monospaced, not too ordinary, not too elegant (i.e. not to...

Fonts for modern websites
I need a font to reflect the design of a modern, minimalist looking website I'm designing, but I can't seem to find any. The ones I find are either too much "cool" or "high tech" looking, or completely boring. The fonts need to have a slight "high tech" or "architect" sort of feel to them. Any suggestions for any such fonts that are free? -- Regards, KPT In article <434975da@news.broadpark.no>, KPT <----@--.--> wrote: > I need a font to reflect the design of a modern, minimalist > looking website I'm designing, but...

latin modern fonts
The latin modern fonts are recommended over the computer modern fonts (they are the replacements), and I was having some issue with them. One of the more obvious differences between cm and lm is that the \cdot is raised slightly and looks more round. However, the most obvious change is that there is significantly more spacing on both sides of \cdot. The spacing is so large that it doesn't look good...especially with dot products appearing as an exponent. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anyway to "fix" it. "Mr. Question" <question@google.com> writ...

this goes well with cereal
http://tinyurl.com/5nneyy messianic light wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/5nneyy Sorry? Oh, flash. No, don't use it. On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 07:33:13 +0000, fuzzix <fuzzix@gmail.com> wrote: >Sorry? > >Oh, flash. No, don't use it. Great for cleaning floors (so I'm told), but for web sites -- stick to HTML. messianic light wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/5nneyy oh dear, trying to execute javascript and flash? you'll have to try harder than that. -- link my boring website http://alistairsserver.no-ip.org/ Robert Baker wrote: > On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 07:33:13 +0...

Latin modern font?
I saw a new font recently uploaded in fonts/ps-type1 and it looks VERY interesting to me, but the info about it is quite terse. Can someone shed some light? How are they generated? Are they automatically traced (a la cm-super)? Or are they manually designed (and maybe hinted?). What was the starting point for the added glyphs? Is there some project site from which a sample pdf can be downloaded? Thanks -- Oscar Lazzarino Oscar Lazzarino wrote: > I saw a new font recently uploaded in fonts/ps-type1 and it looks VERY > interesting to me, but the info about it is quite terse. > &g...

Well, well well
Seems like in 2-3 years we will be playing many great (let's hope so) crpg games - F3, ES4 and now BG3 and NWN2 :) Look here: http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php One of the news on top On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:22:19 +0200, "Mandella" <raggnarok@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Seems like in 2-3 years we will be playing many great (let's hope so) crpg >games - F3, ES4 and now BG3 and NWN2 :) Look here: > >http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php One of the news on top > What would make my head explode, and in a good way, is BG3 using the TOEE engine. I can but hope. -- H...

computer modern fonts with accents
From: jrufigo@gmail.com (Juan) Newsgroups: comp.fonts Subject: Computer modern font with accents NNTP-Posting-Host: 148.245.168.21 Hi, it might sound like a nonsense but I would like to write a paper in Spanish using computer modern fonts and therefore need accents (�, �...). I can use ATM so either adobe or just ttf files would be fine ? Any idea on which version and where to find it ? Thanks Juan Juan wrote: > it might sound like a nonsense but I would like to write a paper in > Spanish using computer modern fonts and therefore need accents (�, > �...). CTAN offers a complet...

Search Computer Modern fonts
Hello, I try to find Computer Modern fonts (like CM-Super) with all special characters like Greek and French (with accents). It's for not LaTeX using, it's for Illustrator. So I would like to find it in OTF, TTF, or PFB formats. Thank you very match, M.P. Peremax wrote: > Hello, > > I try to find Computer Modern fonts (like CM-Super) with all special > characters like Greek and French (with accents). It's for not LaTeX > using, it's for Illustrator. So I would like to find it in OTF, TTF, > or PFB formats. > > Thank you very match, > > M.P. ...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Search Computer Modern fonts
Hello, I try to find Computer Modern fonts (like CM-Super) with all special characters like Greek and French (with accents). It's for not LaTeX using, it's for Illustrator. So I would like to find it in OTF, TTF, or PFB formats. Thank you very match, M.P. Peremax <maxperemail-site@yahoo.fr> wrote: > Hello, > > I try to find Computer Modern fonts (like CM-Super) with all special > characters like Greek and French (with accents). It's for not LaTeX > using, it's for Illustrator. So I would like to find it in OTF, TTF, > or PFB formats. Try the Latin...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...