What font goes well with Bernhard Modern?

I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
be serif or sans-serif.
Someone suggested using Caslon but I'm not sure if that really does it
for me....

comp.fonts 4615 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

On Feb 8, 7:58 pm, alastair.ches...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
> be serif or sans-serif.
> Someone suggested using Caslon but I'm not sure if that really does it
> for me....

Perhaps Caledonia or New Caledonia (Transitional 511 BT).

Bill

0
Bill
2/9/2007 1:48:02 AM
> I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. Could
> be serif or sans-serif.

With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad. Sans serif may look too different.

Choice of a typeface (not font) depend on basic layout, images, colors, etc. so your question is like "I'll make dinner on blue plates which wine should I choose." ;-)

Jukka
0
Armadillo
2/9/2007 8:38:57 PM
"Armadillo" <reply@newsgroup.pls> schrieb:
>=20
> > I am doing a brochure using Bernhard Modern as a headline font and
> > looking for a suitable font to use for the body copy underneath. =
Could
> > be serif or sans-serif.
>=20
> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
> Sans serif may look too different.

Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)

> Choice of a typeface (not font) depend on basic layout, images, =
colors,
> etc. so your question is like "I'll make dinner on blue plates which =
wine
> should I choose." ;-)

LOL - I agree. Not to forget: content. It could be a menu for an elegant
restaurant or a brochure for a senior citizens' residence or ...

Anyway, with the large ascenders of B.M. you should make use of=20
generous linespacing with the body text as well. Whatever font or=20
typeface :-) you chose for that.

Andreas
0
Andreas
2/11/2007 2:23:20 PM
>> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
>> Sans serif may look too different.
>
> Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)

Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.

Jukka
0
Armadillo
2/11/2007 5:11:00 PM
"Armadillo" <reply@newsgroup.pls> schrieb:
>=20
> >> With Bernhard Modern I'd suggest something simple like Myriad.
> >> Sans serif may look too different.
> >
> > Last time I looked at Myriad it was a sans-serif font ;-)
>=20
> Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.

LOL - I have the same problem, is that because both were the(TM)
MM-fonts?

Andreas
0
Andreas
2/12/2007 3:25:59 PM
>> Darn, I meant Minion - I always mix thse two.
>
> LOL - I have the same problem, is that because both were the(TM)
> MM-fonts?

Could be but dementia is more likely reason.

Jukka
0
Armadillo

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

bernhard modern fonts fontinst
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------C08FB8C68E41976AFF1BF14C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has somebody successfully installed the bernhard modern fonts including the alternate fonts using fontinst? Yours, Werner Struckmann -- = Technische Universit=E4t Braunschweig Dr. Werner Struckmann E-Mail: struck@ips.cs.tu-bs.de Institut f=FCr Software Abteilung Programmierung Postfach 33 29 38023 Braunschweig Telefon: +49-(0)531-391-3278 Telefax: +49-(0)...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Mac Font Book and Computer Modern Postscript fonts
I have the complete collection of Computer Modern Postscript fonts obtained from a TeX download and stored as individual font files with names like CMxxxx in my OS 10.3.9 usr/Library/Fonts folder, and they work fine with TeXShop. I can't seem to add them to Font Book, however. When I try to add them to the Font column in Font Book using the "+" button, all their names appear in the Find dialog greyed out (other fonts are active as expected). Does Font Book not handle Postscript fonts? Or is there something special about these CM fonts that Font Book can't handle? ...

Need old Font Editor for Windows vector fonts (like modern.fon)
Hi, I'd need to edit modern.fon (which is a vector font) in Win2000 / XP environments. Does anybody have a font editor capable of editing such font? It seems that current tools can just work with TrueType. There was, in the Win3.1 era, a font editor for that, but it seems to have disappeard nowadays. Any tips? ...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from one font-encoding to another encoding. The "convert" program (the user-cli-interface of ImageMagick can a lot, but is specialized on grapfical fileformats and can't convert fonts/texts. Is there such a converter program, or an editor that can be used? (There is a Program called JWPce, but it's only running on WinCE). Even a hint to convert one font into another (are there encoding tables?) maybe would help, if it is not toooo much effort to write a converter by myself.... ....but using a ready-to-use solution would be preferred. Any hint is welcome. Many Thanks, Oliver Hi, > What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used > to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an > save them in different font formats, > or a program that can convert from one font-encoding > to another encoding. > Is there such a converter prog...

[SEARCH] Font Package : Bernhard Modern & co.
Hi there, I recently swapped from a Titanium to an iMac. Unfortunately, i've lost several font collections during the data transfer (CD-ROM and LAN - i know, i am goofy sometimes). I was intensively using the Bernhard Modern, that was installed out of some commercial software. Problem : i don't even remember when i started using this font, means i can't locate the potential source in my application library. Could you please help me finding which soft it is or could be, so i can reinstall my favorite fonts from the corresponding CD ? Thanks in advance, and Merry Xmas, _Marc Have ...

Font ID for NBC font
http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif TIA Mike Doughty schrieb: > http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ Resea-Regular looks similar -- Super Newsreader: http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ Thanks for the reply...I posted to it about a week ago and it is still unsolved: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=19739 I also noticed at dafont.com, someone else posted an id request ... http://www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?3,74570 and someone replied with the same id: http://www.myfonts.com/font...

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

font method -option font
hi is there a method that checks if a certain widget responds to a certain -option ? or actually my question could also be what is an easy way to change the font in an entire application ? i thought this was where the money was: perl application.pl -font "Monaco 12" but nothing happens , and i haven't mentioned the word -font in application.pl so my questions remain thank you -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

font dialog font list
I've seen an application which only has specific fonts shown in the font list of a TFontDialog. How is this possible? This is what I would like to achieve: Only show fixed-length fonts (courier new etc). I can't see any methods of properties to achieve such a thing, and unfortunately the code to the application which displays this feature is not available. Kind regards, Adam. AdamMaynard24 wrote: > I've seen an application which only has specific fonts shown in the > font list of a TFontDialog. How is this possible? This is what I would > like to achieve: Only show fixed-length fonts (courier new etc). Set the fdFixedPitchOnly option. -- Rob ...

Font and font size on iPad
Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with different fonts and generally larger? On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the iPad and iPhone can not find it. Thanks anyway DrZap -- #4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gril= lo) http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/100002204= 128949 Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito) --- Questa e-mail =C3=A8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast anti= virus. http:/...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources s...

Large fonts
I have a Thinkpad A22p running WinXP, which has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 on the native LCD. Normal fonts are too hard (for me) to read at that resolution, so I use large fonts (120 dpi). But that's on the native LCD. The rest of the time, I have it docked and attached to a 19" monitor running at 1280 x 1024, and at that resolution I prefer normal fonts. It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? Thanks, cpghost. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ Cordula's Web wrote: > does anyone know of a good TTF font editor on Linux? The only outline font editor for Linux I know about is PfaEdit (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net). It handles TrueType, PostScript Type 1, and various other formats. I'm not a font designer, and so I can't say whether or not PfaEdit really qualifies as "good" or not. It's been more than adequate for my own limited needs, though (mostly converting between formats and fi...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Web resources about - What font goes well with Bernhard Modern? - comp.fonts

Bernhard J. Vogler
... Interaktion. Design. Strategie. Find me on: twitter tumblr facebook flickr delicious Xing Breul 43 - 48143 Münster mail - at - bernhardvogler ...

Bernhard Dernburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Born in Darmstadt in the Grand Duchy of Hesse , Bernhard Dernburg was the son of publisher and politician Friedrich Dernburg (1833–1911), a member ...

Bernhard Warner (@Bernhardwarner) on Twitter
Twitter Registrieren Anmelden Folgen Bernhard Warner @Bernhardwarner Journalist. Graduated long ago from obits, cops beat to write about the ...

Bernhard Schmid - LinkedIn
View Bernhard Schmid's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Bernhard ...

Patricia Velasquez world’s first Latina supermodel comes out and admits she loved Sandra Bernhard ...
SHE was &#8220;the world&#8217;s first Latina supermodel&#8221; &#8212; but she was keeping a secret.

Patricia Velasquez world’s first Latina supermodel comes out and admits she loved Sandra Bernhard - Herald ...
SHE was &#8220;the world&#8217;s first Latina supermodel&#8221; &#8212; but she was keeping a secret.

Bernhard Langer - Sport - smh.com.au
IN 2000, when Aaron Baddeley was a starry-eyed, 19-year-old amateur invited to the US Masters - courtesy of his victory in the Australian Open ...

Mercedes Names Bernhard Glaser VP-Marketing for U.S.
Bernhard Glaser, a 20-year veteran of Mercedes-Benz, has been chosen as VP-marketing for the U.S. operation by the man he is succeeding, U.S. ...

Sandra Bernhard Has a New Radio Show
Sandra Bernhard Has a New Radio Show

Prince Friso Bernhard Christiaan David Of Orange-Nassau RIP
What would the summer be without the occasional diverting obituary from the Daily Telegraph? This one has obscure royal lineage rules, mafia ...