What font has the heart shape?

Hello,

I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
and wasn't able to find it.

Might anyone know which font has it?

Thanks,

Jeff

29
Jeff
9/5/2003 12:41:24 PM
comp.fonts 4615 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

"Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Might anyone know which font has it?

It's the Y stroke of Webdings.

'

4
Apostrophe
9/5/2003 1:54:22 PM
Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more of
a fancier look.

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>
> '

0
Jeff

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

Sorry, if I'm a bad boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked =
similar to this character:=20

But I didn't see the character I'm looking for in this font (Windings 2) =
either...

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>=20
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>=20
> '
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2"><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" =
size=3D4>Sorry, if I'm a bad=20
boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked similar to this=20
character:&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2" size=3D7><FONT face=3D"Wingdings =
2">g</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>But I didn't see the character =
I'm looking=20
for in this font (Windings 2) either...</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Thanks,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Jeff</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Apostrophe" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com=
"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.co=
m</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; "Jeff=20
Ingram" &lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:jingram@hotmail.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>jingram@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Might anyone know =
which font has=20
it?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It's the Y stroke of Webdings.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
'<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0--

0
Jeff
9/5/2003 7:54:16 PM
> Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more
of
> a fancier look.

Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts. Google
+hearts +fonts.

'

0
Apostrophe
9/5/2003 8:16:47 PM
I found the heart symbol (grouped with hearts, spades & diamonds)
in two fonts I have.

One is Symbol - symbol.ttf; and the other is SYMBOLS -
IFT7176.ttf

Hope this helps.  Cheers! Fred

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:41:24 -0400, "Jeff Ingram"
<jingram@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
>was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
>and wasn't able to find it.
>
>Might anyone know which font has it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff

0
Fred
9/7/2003 11:53:48 AM
Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Jeff
9/10/2003 5:01:40 AM
Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Jeff

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings for the characters that appear in those orthographies and not in the various western/Roman alphabets (English, French, etc.). -- AF "Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team." --artyw raises the bar on rec.sport.baseball Alice Faber wrote: > You've enabled something about Central European input German and Arabic, to be precise. Not exactly Central Europe... > The CE fonts are the ones that have easy mappings > for the characters that appear in those orthographies I thought with the upcoming of Unicode there's one and only one font for "all" script systems? So what's the deal? I've noticed that the fonts concerned are all of the type ".dfont" and they appear twice only in programs that have a "traditional" font menue. Stefan In article <bp8qd3$6up$1@ne...

siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available
This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac which is defined as \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{% \IfNoValueTF{#1} {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}} {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}% } causes these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32. Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac ( from xfrac) or siunitx? Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech: > This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfra...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar w...

LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and searched but can't find the solution to this problem. I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined .... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thank you in advance for your help, Dan On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote: > Thanks for taking the time to loo...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation LiberationMono-Bold.ttf LiberationSans-Regular.ttf LiberationMono-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf LiberationMono-Italic.ttf LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf LiberationMono-Regular.ttf LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf LiberationSans-Bold.ttf LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf LiberationSans-BoldItalic.ttf fonts.dir LiberationSans-Italic.ttf fonts.scale But when I try setting GDFONTPATH, it still gets the same error: rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): export GDFONTPATH=/usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): gnuplot newtest.gnuplot Could not find/open font when opening font "arial", using internal non-scalable font Rich Cook wrote: > H...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from one font-encoding to another encoding. The "convert" program (the user-cli-interface of ImageMagick can a lot, but is specialized on grapfical fileformats and can't convert fonts/texts. Is there such a converter program, or an editor that can be used? (There is a Program called JWPce, but it's only running on WinCE). Even a hint to convert one font into another (are there encoding tables?) maybe would help, if it is not toooo much effort to write a converter by myself.... ....but using a ready-to-use solution would be preferred. Any hint is welcome. Many Thanks, Oliver Hi, > What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used > to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an > save them in different font formats, > or a program that can convert from one font-encoding > to another encoding. > Is there such a converter prog...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmss/m/n' undefined
It looks like this was discussed a bit on this group, but I didn't see a specific solution. Here's what was attempted, and what failed. \renewcommand{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} Then within the document, \textit{\textbf{whatever text}} This generated these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not available (Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input line 8. LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/bx/it' undefined (Font) using `OT1/cmss/bx/n' instead on input line 8. Is there a way to get bold, italic serif, or a workaround for the same? Thanks! "jfgodfrey" <john@jlgodfrey.myrf.net> schrieb: > It looks like this was discussed a bit on this group, but I didn't see > a specific solution. > > Here's what was attempted, and what failed. > \renewcommand{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} > > Then within the document, > > > \textit{\textbf{whatever text}} > > This generated these errors: > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not > available > (Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input > line 8. > > > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/bx/it' undefined > (Font) using `OT1/cmss/bx/n' instead on input line 8. > > Is there a way to get bold, italic serif, or a workaround for the same? Yo...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

Font ID for NBC font
http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif TIA Mike Doughty schrieb: > http://nbc.com/images/fall2005/hdr_home_mostclicked.gif http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ Resea-Regular looks similar -- Super Newsreader: http://www.40tude.com/dialog/ Thanks for the reply...I posted to it about a week ago and it is still unsolved: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=19739 I also noticed at dafont.com, someone else posted an id request ... http://www.dafont.com/forum/read.php?3,74570 and someone replied with the same id: http://www.myfonts.com/font...

font method -option font
hi is there a method that checks if a certain widget responds to a certain -option ? or actually my question could also be what is an easy way to change the font in an entire application ? i thought this was where the money was: perl application.pl -font "Monaco 12" but nothing happens , and i haven't mentioned the word -font in application.pl so my questions remain thank you -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

font to use in another font
I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out there that I could use in my font? It would have to be completely free of copyright. Thanks. -John John Baima In article <s1gh55l9098r98bu1481bf1k846217vko2@4ax.com>, John Baima <john@nospam.com> wrote: > I have developed a font that I want to distribute and all of the > characters I really care about are outside the normal Latin/English > glyph range. Are there any Times like fonts out the...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources s...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

font dialog font list
I've seen an application which only has specific fonts shown in the font list of a TFontDialog. How is this possible? This is what I would like to achieve: Only show fixed-length fonts (courier new etc). I can't see any methods of properties to achieve such a thing, and unfortunately the code to the application which displays this feature is not available. Kind regards, Adam. AdamMaynard24 wrote: > I've seen an application which only has specific fonts shown in the > font list of a TFontDialog. How is this possible? This is what I would > like to achieve: Only show fixed-length fonts (courier new etc). Set the fdFixedPitchOnly option. -- Rob ...

Font and font size on iPad
Who can tell me how to do it on iPad or iPhone to write emails with different fonts and generally larger? On the Mac there is the option to choose font and size, but on the iPad and iPhone can not find it. Thanks anyway DrZap -- #4. La vita e' una tempesta, ma prenderla nel culo e' un lampo. (Beppe Gril= lo) http://www.drzap.it & http://www.facebook.com/people/Franco-DrZap/100002204= 128949 Oltre 75.200 battute e barzellette Dr Zap (e-mail : v. sul sito) --- Questa e-mail =C3=A8 stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast anti= virus. http:/...

Font editor for TTF fonts?
Hi, who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? I didn't find anything which would even remotely do the job. Thanks. -- Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/ On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:43:07 +0000, Cordula's Web wrote: > Hi, > > who can recommend a good TTF font editor for Linux? > I didn't find anything which would even remotely > do the job. > > Thanks. Give PFAEdit a try. It seems to have most (if not all) the function that other software has. http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/ ...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Converting fonts back to fonts?
Have a one page PDF document containing just a small amount of text -- but file size is 900 kB instead of say 20 or 30 kB. Opening it in Illustrator and selecting any one character in the text causes the Type palette to indicate that each such character is Helvetica Neue, Regular, 14 pt -- but looking more closely at the character itself seems to show that each character in the text has been, for some reason, converted into a separate and complex vector object. And, pulling down the Type >> Find Fonts menu command seems to show that the document contains _no_ fonts at all (in eit...

Large fonts
I have a Thinkpad A22p running WinXP, which has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 on the native LCD. Normal fonts are too hard (for me) to read at that resolution, so I use large fonts (120 dpi). But that's on the native LCD. The rest of the time, I have it docked and attached to a 19" monitor running at 1280 x 1024, and at that resolution I prefer normal fonts. It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're...

Web resources about - What font has the heart shape? - comp.fonts

Shape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about describing the shape of an object eg. shapes like a triangle. For common shapes, see list of geometric shapes . For other ...

VIDEO: Grovo.com Wants Facebook Users To Get Their Profiles Into Graph Search Shape
Online video tutorial site Grovo.com wants to drill Facebook users on their preparedness for the social network’s new graph search feature. ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution
... improvements to our enforcement systems that will provide more user feedback directly to developers and will use that feedback to shape app ...

Army ponders proper shape, size of cyber workforce - FederalNewsRadio.com
The Army still doesn't know whether its new and growing force of soldiers dedicated to cyber missions is large enough for the task. But it's ...

How Facebook’s latest monetization efforts may take shape in 2013
After eight years focused on user growth and building the foundations of its platform — News Feed, location and Open Graph, among others — Facebook ...

Newsonomics - How the emerging business of digital news shapes what we read and know - Newsonomics
Of Man, Machine, Google News’ Editor’s Picks and Emerging from the Dark Ages What Editor's Picks is a response to is an intriguing question. ...

Shape Magazine (@Shape_Magazine) on Twitter

Affordable Care Act (2010 healthcare program) : How will ACA shape the career and job choices of young ...
Answer (1 of 3): First and foremost, it’s last call for 2014. If you haven’t signed up for health insurance and want to be covered in 2014, you ...

In The Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives - Amazon
Few companies in history have ever been as successful and as admired as Google, the company that has transformed the Internet and become an indispensable ...