What font has the heart shape?

Hello,

I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
and wasn't able to find it.

Might anyone know which font has it?

Thanks,

Jeff

4
Jeff
9/5/2003 12:41:24 PM
comp.fonts 4590 articles. 0 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

"Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Might anyone know which font has it?

It's the Y stroke of Webdings.

'

5
Apostrophe
9/5/2003 1:54:22 PM
Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more of
a fancier look.

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>
> '

0
Jeff

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

Sorry, if I'm a bad boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked =
similar to this character:=20

But I didn't see the character I'm looking for in this font (Windings 2) =
either...

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>=20
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>=20
> '
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2"><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" =
size=3D4>Sorry, if I'm a bad=20
boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked similar to this=20
character:&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2" size=3D7><FONT face=3D"Wingdings =
2">g</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>But I didn't see the character =
I'm looking=20
for in this font (Windings 2) either...</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Thanks,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Jeff</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Apostrophe" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com=
"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.co=
m</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; "Jeff=20
Ingram" &lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:jingram@hotmail.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>jingram@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Might anyone know =
which font has=20
it?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It's the Y stroke of Webdings.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
'<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0--

0
Jeff
9/5/2003 7:54:16 PM
> Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more
of
> a fancier look.

Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts. Google
+hearts +fonts.

'

0
Apostrophe
9/5/2003 8:16:47 PM
I found the heart symbol (grouped with hearts, spades & diamonds)
in two fonts I have.

One is Symbol - symbol.ttf; and the other is SYMBOLS -
IFT7176.ttf

Hope this helps.  Cheers! Fred

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:41:24 -0400, "Jeff Ingram"
<jingram@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
>was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
>and wasn't able to find it.
>
>Might anyone know which font has it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff

0
Fred
9/7/2003 11:53:48 AM
Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Jeff
9/10/2003 5:01:40 AM
Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Jeff

Font Book
I am running OS X 10.4.2 server and trying to utilize the nework font feature within Font Book. I setup the shared library on the server and the needed Fonts folder which is mounting to the client correctly under /Network/Library/Fonts but within Font Book the Network is listed but as "Off" and no matter what I do it will not enable. Any thoughts would be great... I figured this out, when creating a shared library in 10.4 server the name of the share has to be Library with the correct permissions, you can put it in a sub directory but need the Library name to mount correctly on the...

pdf995 and embedded fonts
I recently installed pdf995 in order to save documents to PDF format using Corel Wordperfect 8. I keep reading that I should use embedded fonts when saving a file using the pdf995 printer driver in order to make sure that the document remains the same when read by someone else, but I have searched and searched -- as yet I have found no instructions as to how to embed fonts using this driver. The description states that the program has "configurable font embedding", but so far I have found no instructions as to how access this feature or use it. Everything I read seems to assume that...

How to see font map?
For developing my font conversion program, I need to know which ascii code (0-255) is giving which character of that font. I define the code in a column of MS excel XP worksheet, and in next column I set =char(code), and set the font of this column to my trial font. Now, indic characters are having ligatures which go before, after, above, below the actual letter, thus, sometime the ligature goes beyond the visible limit of excel cell, thus I am not able to see it. I need to add space etc before/ after the letter, but that creates different problems. Could someone please suggest some simple...

Trying to find Neville Brody font
Hello there I've recently been reading Neville Brody graphic design book, and I'm trying to locate a font that he uses all the time. Check: http://www.raimundspiele.at/icons/Logo_ORF_NOE.jpg It looks very like Insignia but without the little tails (on the A for example) check: http://www.fontshop.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.fontdisplay&packagefontid=0&displayfontid=LH.108004.0.1&view=single&searchID=122&searchby=designer&searchletter=A&searchstr=&totalrecords=16&startrow=1&records=20&currpage=1 And not unlike FF Typeface 6 or 7, but ...

how to add chinese font in the 'xyouts' procedure
Hi,all when I create a contour plot, I need to use 'xyouts' procedure to add a title for my plot map. in the xyouts procedure, I want to use the chinese charactor as the value of the 'string' argument. but the chinese charactor can't be displayed correctly. so anyone can tell my what is wrong? very strange, if i input 'print xxx' in the command line in IDL(XXX present chinese charactor), it will be diaplay correct. so I don't understand why in the procedure 'XYOUTS' it can't by the way, I ever search 'xyouts' in the forum, someone said ca...

Hey DFS...Ask Kohlmann to explain this one (was fonts...)
Over here he accuses you of rigging the screenshots by turning of anti-aliasing: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/82e012c465a663cf "You mean, you deliberately selected different fonts/fontsizes? And deselected Anti-aliasing too for KDE? Figures, after all you are one of the most dishonest widiots around here" Yet over here, he claims anti-aliasing has no effect on screen shots: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/628d7bbe0fe46061 " BTW, it is so simple to test for yourself. Do a screen-shot of a text. Now disable anti-aliasi...

Font in code
Hi, I was wondering if there is way use a font that is somehow kept in the code instead of having to load it? I am working on a single script that so far can produce images and html but I have not been able to figure out a way that it can also produce a font. Thanks Carl http://www.gaihosa.com carlbernardi@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering if there is way use a font that is somehow kept in the > code instead of having to load it? I am working on a single script > that so far can produce images and html but I have not been able to > figure out a way that it ca...

Issue on using the psnfss package to substitute the default CM fonts.
Dear all, I want to use the psnfss package to substitute the default CM fonts in my thesis. In the cls file used by me, I defined the following codes: ----------------- \newif\if@psnfss \@psnfssfalse \newif\if@typeicm \@typeicmtrue \newif\if@mathpazo \@mathpazofalse \newif\if@mathptmx \@mathptmxfalse \DeclareOption{psnfss} {\@psnfsstrue\@typeicmfalse} \DeclareOption{mathpazo} {\@psnfsstrue\@mathpazotrue\@mathptmxfalse} \DeclareOption{mathptmx} {\@psnfsstrue\@mathptmxtrue\@mathpazofalse} \DeclareOption{notype1cm} {\@typeicmfalse} [snip] \ProcessOptions \if@psnfss \RequirePackage[T1]...

fonts funny
When I tried to load NetSurf 2.1 the other day I got an error about Unicode (and no application - had to revert to 2.0 temporarily). John-Mark Bell identified the fault as a corrupt font file (Sassoon). I found the original file and replaced the corrupt one, and all is well with Netsurf. The font in question was one of a set distributed along with a much earlier version of NetSurf (September 2006). It came with several others, including 'small caps' fonts (but no others) for the Acorn standards: Corpus, Homerton and Trinity. When I replaced Sassoon I added all the others to !F...

How do I get the OS System Font Directory(Cross-Platform) in python?
How do I get the OS System Font Directory(Cross-Platform) in python? Need a simple script for Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.. Or using wxPython. I can't seem to find anything that works, and I don't want to hard-code paths. On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Metallicow <metaliobovinus@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I get the OS System Font Directory(Cross-Platform) in python? > > Need a simple script for > Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.. > > Or using wxPython. > > I can't seem to find anything that works, and I don't want to hard-code paths. &...

How do you I use GFS Artemisia with Euler math fonts for part of my article while keeping the default CM fonts for the rest.
I cannot figure out how use the default article CM fonts everywhere except a few places. Example: I want to use GFS Artemisia with Euler math fonts for special symbols "\pi" and text "x" I want the "The quick.... special symbols" part to be in the normal, default font but in this article everything is in GFS Artemisia with Euler math fonts: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{gfsartemisia-euler} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \myPiSymbol{\ensuremath{\pi}} \myTextx{\text{x}} \begin{document} The quick brown dogs jumps over the lazy fox. Here are my...

where are the fonts ?
I am running Thunderbird 1.5 (Tb) on Fedora Core 4. When I open an html message in Tb, it (apparently) defaults to the default font. I am not even certain what the default is. The exception is arial. If I set the font to arial <font face=arial> Then it looks like arial. I can guess that html cannot find other fonts and defaults to something. I am not sure what something is. But when I search my HDD, I find lots of other fonts. So I am guessing that html cannot find them. So my questions: 1.Is there a way to tell what fonts I have that are accessible to html? Some com...

Can't open font FixedWidthFont; using default
Hello, I am running IRIX 6.5.22 on an o2 and have a little problem with font, I don't know how I managed to do that (I didn't change much) I just know that I was in the "Customize" menu of the toolchest. But now the problem is that in the menus (and only the menus) I have bigger font and in BOLD, it looks quite ugly to me and would really like to go back to the default font/boldness/thickness but I don't know how this happened really. Since then when I logout/login again I can see the following error message in the console: Can't open font FixedWidthFont; usi...

Japanese font?
I need to set a few words in Japanese for some publicity material I am doing. The problem is in two parts! I'm getting someone to do the translation for me (ten words in total: "Location Works, the UK's premier location company and location library"), hopefully that bit will be easy. Then I need to incorporate that text into an ArtWorks file. Is there a Kanji font available in RISC OS? I couldn't see one on www.fonts.iconbar.com Can anyone advise? (Incidentally, I posted an enquiry to James Byrne <jbyrnew@netscape.net> who apparently - according to Google groups...

font for gnome app
Hello, first, sorry for my english but i am a stranger... usally i am using kde3 and some gnome applications and i wanted to test gnome2.2. So i have upgrade my debian woody with the right mirror site (deb http://mirror.raw.no/ gnome2.2/) and now, the updated app and gnome2 don't display font !!! u can see a screen shot of gnome2 app on kde3 here: http://benhur.no-ip.com/gnome.jpg and app based on gnome1 run perfectly what is wrong ? how can i modify default font for gnome2 ? ...

Fonts like Scriptina 370429
I'm looking for fonts like 'Scriptina', so fonts with 'elegance' Anyone an idea? With all those fonts I do not see the wood for the trees... Thx "franck" <francklu@hotmail.com> wrote > I'm looking for fonts like 'Scriptina', so fonts with 'elegance' Although not as unconventional, there are many nice free script fonts to be harvested here: http://freefonts.fateback.com/es_typography/ -- 2,400+ free photos: http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/ e-mail filter: replace "extra�o" with fontplay FontPlays: http://www.fontpl...

This is Crazy...!!! re: HP48 Font for Macintosh
i used to have one of these, and i'm sure that it was on the Goodies Disk(s) But i can't find it now...??? i've looked all over on the internet, and it seems to have gone away...??? Actually; The font can work on either Wintel or Macintosh Platforms ( i have a translator ) But it's totally Kooky that i can't find it...??? --- i did find a HUGE collection of fonts on HP48.org (???) and they seemed to be in the right format, but my OSX insisted that they were all corrupted...???!!! ( ??? ) [ !!! ] Thanx! TranslucentAmoebae wrote: > i did find a HUGE collection of fonts o...

Windows service does not recognize additional installed postscript fonts (type 1) when creating postscript files (exceptions are windows standard Arial, Courier New, etc.)
Windows 2000 receives command line parameters over the Oracle Report Runtime (rwrun60.exe) to create the postscript files. If we send the statement directly from the server, the postscripts files are being created without any problems. If the call is triggert by an external procedure on an Oracle DB(8.1.7.4.1) the services takes the Windows standard fonts and does not recognize the additionally installed postscript fonts that have been used by the Oracle Report. The external procedure is in an shared library. A service named EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) loads this library dynamical...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. ...

TechnoRiver MICR Font (v1.0)
TechnoRiver MICR Font (TrueType) allows you to print the digits and special characters of a check. These digits are usually found at the bottom of the checks and can be read by MICR Readers.The font is based on the E13-B industry standard, which is used in the United States and many countries throughout the world. It consists of the ten numerical digits and four special symbols. More information http://technoriversoft.com/micrfont.html Download free trial http://technoriversoft.com/downloadmicrfont.html ...

font query
Several years ago I created a load of graphics, such as these: http://congokid.com/graphics/gallery.gif http://congokid.com/graphics/thai.gif http://congokid.com/graphics/fishchip.gif Now I'd like to create some more but I the font I used, which I presume came with Windows 95, isn't available on my current machine, bought in 2003 with Windows XP. I've given away the old computer and disks. I wonder if anyone recognises the font. I have a feeling it's one of the Franklin Gothic family, but can't recreate it from those I currently have. They're either not bold, too...

font selection tab
For some reason I have been getting a small tab window below each application I run listing a number of different fonts. I can change the font of the application using the tab. The problem is, I don't want this. I don't know how this got turned on, but I would like it to go away. Does anyone have an idea as to how to get rid of it? The tab kind of looks like this ****************************************************** * application * * * ~ ~ ...

Symbol fonts change between Jaguar and Panther
Hi everyone: Can someone explain to me what is going on with the so-called Symbol font? In particular: Using PowerPoint X with Jaguar, I can type a Greek "mu" by typing an "m" and selecting the Symbol font. But if I then tranfer the file to my laptop which has Office 2004 and Panther, the "mu" has changed to an over-large roman "m". The only way I have found in Office 2004 to enter the Greek letters needed in many equations is to use the Insert Symbol... command, select the letter from what the resulting dialog box calls the Symbol font, click en...

Awwww the fonts have little "feet"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5728413221367438441 Little feet mean Snit must have a little... LOL Why not spit into your mic a little more? And can't you now use any font with CSS? Aren't you supposed to be an expert with a "real job"? "Edward Stanfield" <root@127.0.0.1> stated in post g41lk8$2p1$2@registered.motzarella.org on 6/26/08 8:08 PM: > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5728413221367438441 > > Little feet mean Snit must have a little... > > LOL > > Why not spit into your mic a little more? And can&#...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...