What font has the heart shape?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,

I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
and wasn't able to find it.

Might anyone know which font has it?

Thanks,

Jeff

-1
Reply Jeff 9/5/2003 12:41:24 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Might anyone know which font has it?

It's the Y stroke of Webdings.

'

4
Reply Apostrophe 9/5/2003 1:54:22 PM

Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more of
a fancier look.

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>
> '

0
Reply Jeff 9/5/2003 7:09:54 PM

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

Sorry, if I'm a bad boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked =
similar to this character:=20

But I didn't see the character I'm looking for in this font (Windings 2) =
either...

Thanks,

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Might anyone know which font has it?
>=20
> It's the Y stroke of Webdings.
>=20
> '
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2"><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" =
size=3D4>Sorry, if I'm a bad=20
boy for posting this as HTML, but it kind of looked similar to this=20
character:&nbsp;</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Wingdings 2" size=3D7><FONT face=3D"Wingdings =
2">g</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>But I didn't see the character =
I'm looking=20
for in this font (Windings 2) either...</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Thanks,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Trebuchet MS" size=3D4>Jeff</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Apostrophe" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com"><FONT face=3DArial =

size=3D2>apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in message </FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com=
"><FONT=20
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:iA06b.385766$4UE.367670@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.co=
m</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; "Jeff=20
Ingram" &lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:jingram@hotmail.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>jingram@hotmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR>&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:bja0do$15n8$1@news3.infoave.net</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Might anyone know =
which font has=20
it?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It's the Y stroke of Webdings.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
'<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; </FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C373C5.F5F791A0--

0
Reply Jeff 9/5/2003 7:54:16 PM

> Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has more
of
> a fancier look.

Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts. Google
+hearts +fonts.

'

0
Reply Apostrophe 9/5/2003 8:16:47 PM

I found the heart symbol (grouped with hearts, spades & diamonds)
in two fonts I have.

One is Symbol - symbol.ttf; and the other is SYMBOLS -
IFT7176.ttf

Hope this helps.  Cheers! Fred

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:41:24 -0400, "Jeff Ingram"
<jingram@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to find the font that has the little heart shape.   I thought it
>was Wingdings, but I've searched through it with Character Map in WindowsXP
>and wasn't able to find it.
>
>Might anyone know which font has it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff

0
Reply Fred 9/7/2003 11:53:48 AM

Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Reply Jeff 9/10/2003 5:01:40 AM

Thanks, Zapf Dingbats was the font I was looking for!

Jeff

"Apostrophe" <apostrophe.re@move.apostrophiclab.com> wrote in message

> "Jeff Ingram" <jingram@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks!  But isn't there another one?  I know I've seen one that has
more
> of
> > a fancier look.
>
> Zapf Dingbats has some hearts in the following cells: cent, sterling,
> currency, yen, and ordfeminine.
> There are tons of freeware fonts on the web that are full of hearts.
Google
> +hearts +fonts.
>
> '

0
Reply Jeff 9/10/2003 5:02:34 AM
comp.fonts 4569 articles. 19 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Cheap Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped Watches
Cheap Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped Watches - Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped Watch Cheapest Watches Home : http://www.watchesprice.net/ Casio Baby-G Brands : http://www.watchesprice.net/Casio-Baby-G-Watches.html Cheap Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped : http://www.watchesprice.net/Baby-G-Watches-Heart-Shaped-Watches.html Cheapest Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped --- We are glad to offer you the best Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped at a very moderate price. All these timepieces are very bright and in style, select one for yourself or for your beloved person. Cheap Baby-G Watches Heart Shaped, full lines of this...

siunitx using wrong font: font shapes not available
This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfrac which is defined as \NewDocumentCommand\unitfrac{omm}{% \IfNoValueTF{#1} {\si{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}} {\SI{#1}{\sfrac{#2}{#3}}}% } causes these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/cmm/m/it' in size <3.1492> not available (Font) size <5> substituted on input line 32. Any chance that I can solve this problem, or is it related to sfrac ( from xfrac) or siunitx? Am Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:00:18 +0200 schrieb Matthias Pospiech: > This code \unitfrac{g}{cm^3} or any other using the command unitfra...

Font installation problems "Font shape undefined"
I'm trying to install Adobe Sabon and Adobe Trade Gothic on a Linux system running e-TeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-2.1 I have Trade Gothic installed properly, but when I try to use Sabon in my document, LaTeX says: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/psbx/m/n' undefined (Font) using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 96. I have all fd files installed under /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/adobe/sabon and the other files under /usr/share/texmf/fonts/*/adobe/sabon. I have run texhash after putting the files there. The files for Trade Gothic are installed in a similar w...

LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I have searched and searched but can't find the solution to this problem. I keep getting a variety of warnings along the lines of: LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/n undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/m/it undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OT1/Helvetica/bx/n defined LaTeX Font Warning: Font Shape `OMS/Helvetica/m/n undefined .... Does anyone know how to correct this? Thank you in advance for your help, Dan On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT), Dan wrote: > Thanks for taking the time to loo...

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmss/m/n' undefined
It looks like this was discussed a bit on this group, but I didn't see a specific solution. Here's what was attempted, and what failed. \renewcommand{\familydefault}{\sfdefault} Then within the document, \textit{\textbf{whatever text}} This generated these errors: LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/it' in size <12> not available (Font) Font shape `OT1/cmss/m/sl' tried instead on input line 8. LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmss/bx/it' undefined (Font) using `OT1/cmss/bx/n' instead on input line 8. Is there a way to g...

Font/Shapes help.
Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to fix my preset shapes? I have two fonts installed called WhirligigBigOne and Design Dings 3. When I go to draw a preset shape PSP7 cant find these fonts and comes up with the Replace Font box every time I choose one of the shapes. I do have these fonts installed but their file names change when I install them to Whirlygigs and Design Dings. If I move them out of my fonts folder into another folder their names revert back to their originals. How can I either make PSP7 stick to the different font name or remove them from my preset shapes? I cant rem...

Font/Shapes help.
Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to fix my preset shapes? I have two fonts installed called WhirligigBigOne and Design Dings 3. When I go to draw a preset shape PSP7 cant find these fonts and comes up with the Replace Font box every time I choose one of the shapes. I do have these fonts installed but their file names change when I install them to Whirlygigs and Design Dings. If I move them out of my fonts folder into another folder their names revert back to their originals. How can I either make PSP7 stick to the different font name or remove them from my preset shapes? I cant rem...

font with goniometric shapes
Who knows a good font with goniometric shapes. Im looking for one with a triangle like this : X X X X X X X X X XXXXX ...

Here is code to draw a heart shape
t = linspace(-pi,pi, 350); X = t .* sin( pi * sin(t)./t); Y = -abs(t) .* cos( pi * sin(t)./t); plot(X,Y); fill(X, Y, 'r'); set(gcf, 'Position', get(0,'Screensize')); title('Happy Valentines Day', 'FontSize', 28); Skeptic <skeptic@mailinator.com> wrote in message <05e9d1c2-7ec5-4a2c-82ff-0d0e49351ab0@e21g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>... > t = linspace(-pi,pi, 350); > X = t .* sin( pi * sin(t)./t); > Y = -abs(t) .* cos( pi * sin(t)./t); > plot(X,Y); > fill(X, Y, 'r'); > set(gcf, 'Position', get(0,'...

Specifying the font shape and series simultaneously
I want to specify both the font shape and the series in LaTeX. For example: \textbf{\textsc{Title}} Should be bold and in small caps. I cannot figure out how to do this. Can someone tell me how to approach this? On 16 Jan 2005 10:04:01 -0800, jmh17@pitt.edu <jmh17@pitt.edu> wrote: > I want to specify both the font shape and the > series in LaTeX. For example: > > \textbf{\textsc{Title}} > > Should be bold and in small caps. I cannot figure > out how to do this. Can someone tell me how to > approach this? You need a font that has bold small caps. As luck wou...

Determining fonts (and shapes and weights) present
Hi All, I'm trying to produce a font sampler of sorts that I can use to help decide what fonts I want to use on a project. I've got a standard block of text I'm using, modified in various ways (itshape, bfseries, scshape, slshape, etc.). LaTeX is making a valiant effort, but not all fonts support all variations, so there is substitution happening. This makes it harder for me to see what's actually here and what isn't (though CMR does stand out fairly well, it's still disruptive). What I'd like to do is have sections for 'unknown fonts' go away. Two way...

\texthardsign, \textschwa & relatives
Does anybody know how to make \texthardsign, \textsoftsign or \textschwa look italic, bold etc. in the output? Simona Klemencic wrote / a �crit : > Does anybody know how to make \texthardsign, \textsoftsign or > \textschwa look italic, bold etc. in the output? Are you using tipa.sty? -- Le TeXnicien de surface Simona Klemencic schrieb: > > Does anybody know how to make \texthardsign, \textsoftsign or > \textschwa look italic, bold etc. in the output? Please, show us a minimal example of what you are trying to do, and which packages you are using. Walter simona_klemenci...

How to change default font shape in Theorem environment (Beamer)
Hi everybody, I wonder how to change default font shape in Beamer Theorem environment. The default font shape is Italic. I want to change to normal. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. chat ...

Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined
Hi, I want to make some slides according to http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/texslides/ and get the messages LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/slingbold/m/n' undefined LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/trebucit/m/n' undefined my truetype fonts are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/truetype I have updated /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map What else do I have to do? Any help greatly appreciated Dieter PS: While updating I get the message texhash: /us...

How to get rid of 'Font shape in size not available ...'?
Hi all! We have a custom document class that always generates some font size warnings: + LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msa/m/n' in size <40> not available + (Font) size <24.88> substituted on input line 41. As far as I understand I can safely ignore these warning, but how to get rid of them? I have tried with \RequirePackage{fix-cm} but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The document class snippet looks like this: [...] \begin{minipage}[b]{\textwidth} \ \vfill \begin{longtable}[b]{ll} \hspace{0.35\textwidth}\ &\vspace{1cm}\ \\ &\fontfami...

Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined
I need/want *bold smallcaps* for chapter titles in my thesis, so I do \Large\bfseries\scshape{Chapter Title} but I get this: > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/cmr/bx/sc' undefined > (Font) using `OT1/cmr/bx/n' instead on input line 1. There is a package 'bold-extra' that is a work-around, but I am not happy with it because: a. it is a work-around, b. it gives rough chainsaw-like edges to the letters, c. it makes the letters slightly bolder than they should be. Any better solutions than 'bold-extra' for my problem? Regards, George O...

Can I add Arabic fonts to an esri shape file with map object?
Hello Can I add Arabic text to an esri shape file with map object? ...

XeLaTeX, fontspec, MinionPro (from Acrobat): Suddenly no bold italic font shape available
Hi, yesterday, I updated my tl2010 installation with tlmgr (about 150 packages were out of date, new or obsolete). After that, one of my larger documents complains about missing bold italic font shape: > LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `EU1/MinionPro-Regular.otf(0)/bx/it' undefined > (Font) using `EU1/MinionPro-Regular.otf(0)/bx/n' instead on input > line 83. How do I get rid of this message? A sample to repoduce this would look like: > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode,xltxtra} > \setromanfont[ > ExternalLoca...

problems with ttf in Latex...Font shape `T1/tnr10/m/n' undefined
Hello, After following the procedure from "http://www.radamir.com/tex/ttf-tex.htm", I am still having a problem with the ttf conversion in pdflatex. I keep getting the following warning: ...." (C:\texmf\tex\latex\base\t1enc.def File: t1enc.def 2004/02/22 v1.99f Standard LaTeX file LaTeX Font Info: Redeclaring font encoding T1 on input line 43. )) (C:\localtexmf\tex\latex\winfonts\bookmanold.sty Package: bookmanold ) (Bookman test_2.aux) LaTeX Font Info: Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input .... LaTeX Font Info: ... okay on input line 9. LaTeX Font Info: Try ...

Franchize heart, secure heart, very cold heart
The big, cold, heart of the Texanians. But vote. Vote for good. ...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...