What's this Font - i'm desperate :-(

Hello ...

please, i'm desperate ...

does anyone know what font is it ?

http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg

it's not Humanist ... Futura .... etc.etc.

they look SIMILAR ... but none of
them is IDENTICAL to that one.

I need the precise name and font-family :-(

Thank you so much !!!!!!!
Ste

p.s
are all these words written with the same
font ? maybe a bit stretched here and there ?
or they used different fonts ?

0
Stefano
6/14/2006 8:20:06 AM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

Hello:
I think it's Humanst521 bold (perhaps narrow or condensed, o just with less
kerning) whith some vertical stretch.

Roc

"Stefano" <stefano_nori@virgilio.it> ha escrit en el missatge dels grups de
discussi´┐Ż:448fc6c4$0$3121$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it...
> Hello ...
>
> please, i'm desperate ...
>
> does anyone know what font is it ?
>
> http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg
>
> it's not Humanist ... Futura .... etc.etc.
>
> they look SIMILAR ... but none of
> them is IDENTICAL to that one.
>
> I need the precise name and font-family :-(
>
> Thank you so much !!!!!!!
> Ste
>
> p.s
> are all these words written with the same
> font ? maybe a bit stretched here and there ?
> or they used different fonts ?

0
ROC
6/14/2006 9:24:48 AM
Stefano wrote:
> Hello ...
>
> please, i'm desperate ...
>
> does anyone know what font is it ?
>
> http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg
>
> it's not Humanist ... Futura .... etc.etc.
>
> they look SIMILAR ... but none of
> them is IDENTICAL to that one.
>
> I need the precise name and font-family :-(
>
> Thank you so much !!!!!!!
> Ste
>
> p.s
> are all these words written with the same
> font ? maybe a bit stretched here and there ?
> or they used different fonts ?

Interesting font. If you haven't already posted your request to
alt.binaries.fonts, I suggest you do so. The super font identification
geeks hang out over there and you'll get your answer faster than here, I
think.

To answer your PS, the TSC is stretched vertically, to be sure.
Otherwise, you have two weights of the same font, I believe.

Dick
http://ampersandvirgule.blogspot.com/
0
Dick
6/14/2006 10:56:36 AM
In article <448fc6c4$0$3121$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it>,
 "Stefano" <stefano_nori@virgilio.it> wrote:

> Hello ...
>
> please, i'm desperate ...
>
> does anyone know what font is it ?
>
> http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg
>
> it's not Humanist ... Futura .... etc.etc.
>
> they look SIMILAR ... but none of
> them is IDENTICAL to that one.
>
> I need the precise name and font-family :-(
>
> Thank you so much !!!!!!!
> Ste
>
> p.s
> are all these words written with the same
> font ? maybe a bit stretched here and there ?
> or they used different fonts ?

It looks like a slightly condensed 'Gill Sans', in different weights
(Regular for the longer text, Bold for "SPACCIO" and "TSC"). Obviously,
the  "TSC" is more condensed then the rest. And it is all capitals,
which seems an obvious remark, but it has thrown me several times in the
past trying to identify something...

'Gill Sans' has been published under different names by several
foundries; sometimes these are identical, sometimes these are redesigns,
so they might differ on details. Therefore it is difficult to pinpoint
the exact one used in your sample.
See <http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/gill-sans/familytree.html> for a
shortlist of some of the 'Gill Sans' variants out there.

Hope this helps,

Arthur

--

Disclaimer:  all advice is given on 'as is' basis and no guarantees are
given either implicit or explicit towards their usefulness or accuracy.

> Hello ...
>=20
> please, i'm desperate ...
>=20
> does anyone know what font is it ?
>=20
> http://www.sunsetcafe.biz/font.jpg

Not on the server any more, I'm afraid.

I'd be curious to see that Not-Gillsans :-)

Andreas

0
Windows