Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes

Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't
a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own.
0
john_y7
7/9/2003 10:49:32 PM
comp.fonts 4623 articles. 2 followers. margulisd (51) is leader. Post Follow

First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference.

Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue, particularly if you are using Micro$loth
Pub$lasher ... have you checked the video adopter manufacturer's web site and updated to
the most current driver for Windows XP?

"John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't
> a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own.

0
RSD99
7/10/2003 1:59:54 AM
Possibly a font substitution problem. I font is being requested which is not
installed so another font is being used for the display. Alas, the
substituted font does not have the glyphs being requested so you are getting
the "sorry-no can do" box.

Other problems can produce the result. A fairly frequent one is a corrupt or
non-matching printer driver. RDS99 mentions that one.

Give us a few more details and someone might be able to give better
suggestions.

In the meantime, check to be sure a good copy the font(s) being used is/are
installed on the system. Try removing and reinstalling a fresh copy of the
printer driver.

"John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't
> a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own.

0
Winston
7/10/2003 2:52:15 AM
"RSD99" <rsdwla.NOSPAM@gte.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uM3Pa.59161$JY1.31963@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> First ... what application that you are using? It DOES make a difference.
>
> Second ... this sounds like a video driver issue...

I take it you understood his problem? I didn't. (Of course
I have the usual wild guesses.)

Andreas

> "John" <john_y7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Is this a Word XP behavior or a virus situation? The font boxes aren't
> > a strange font language. It created the boxes on its own.

0
Andreas

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text...

Highlighting part of the text in a text box
Hi all, I've been struggling with this for days. How can I use javascript to high light a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea? OR if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what character the highlight starts and at what character the highlight ends). thanks in advance. Aria wrote: > if the user highlights a part of the text in a textbox or a textarea, > how can I say which part of the text is highlighted? (ie: at what > character the highlight starts and at what character the hig...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Combining Math Fonts with Text Fonts
Dear all, I have two questions. 1) Are there any solid guidelines about what properties a math font should have if you want tp combine it with a given text font? I am aware of Stephan Hartke's ``A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX'' but this ``just'' lists some nice combinations; it doesn't list the guidelines. I'd be much obliged if anybody could provide me with some pointers. 2) I am thinking of buying a font licence for FF Nexus, but I need some advice for a good accompanying math font. Unfortunately, the licence is pretty expensive: it would be a ...

Font size in text Field and text Area
I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? Mark On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:42:15 GMT, "Mark and Ingrid Nugent" <nugget@in.com.au> wrote or quoted : >I am using swing. I want to reduce the size of the font in text areas and >text fields to fit more in. Is there an easy to do this?? see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html You can setFont individually, or change the LAF. -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. Coaching, problem solving, economical contract programming. See http://m...

default format of text in Word text box
It is my understanding that the text in a word text box defaults to the "normal" font. Since I want the text box font to be different than the standard text is there a way to change the default? ...

Highlight Word In A Text Box
I have a text box that holds a list of words in a column. I would like to 1) highlight a word in the list when the right button is clicked on it, 2) highlight a word when the cursor passes over it. I'm not sure where to start with this. -- Spider "Spider" <spider56@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Ls2dnfDjkt9kgTzcRVn-hw@adelphia.com... > I have a text box that holds a list of words in a column. I would like to 1) > highlight a word in the list when the right button is clicked on it, 2) > highlight a word when the cursor passes over it. I'm not su...

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 ch...

Finding and Highlighting specific text in a long text box
Hello, My client has a long text field where she enters resume information. She does a find in this text box to find specific information, such as which potential employees have a certain skill set. After she performs the find, I would like the text box to display the occurances of the search word or term, in a color if possible or at least underlined so she can easily read it in context to see what the actual employee experience/qualifications are. Thank you for any assistance on this. Kathy McClure In article <ee6c150ida@enews3.newsguy.com>, Kathy McClure <gr8lady@cruz...

Highlighting found words or portions of text in a text field
On a given record of an FMP6 base with a text field, is there a way to highlight all the occurrences of the search word or words. Say, like in the FMP Help. I seem to recall there was a plugin or a technique to do that, but which and where ? Thanks. Remi-Noel Remi-Noel I did once implement the technique, but can't remember all details. I do remember it was a b*tch to work with. It involved a field for each color you need. and a couple of intermediate fields. All these fields have to be on a layout, all the color attributes have to set AND there has to be always some text insid...

Musatov exposes R.S.A. vulnerability: Blue highlight black text truncates black background text turning it white black foreground text remains in field.
505152535455565758595a5b5c5d5e5f606162636465666768696a6b6c6d6e6f7071 72737475767778797a7b7c7d7e7f808182838485868788898a8b8c8d8e8f909192939495969 798999a9b9c9d9e9fa0a1a2a3a4a5a6a7a8a9aaabacadaeafb0b1b2b3 505152535455565758595a5b5c5d5e5f606162HMAC/SHA-256 Large Correct: Superposition of lines 1 and 4 will correct R.S.A. example: http://il8n.co/test.html ...

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

text box dependent on other text box entry
I want to have a form with 40 PartNumber text boxes, 40 PartDescription text boxes, and 40 PartPrice text boxes. The name of each would vary of course, but I want to be able to enter the part number in the PartNumber in the PartNumber text box for each replaced part. After the number has been entered the PartDescription and the PartPrice should show up in the other respective text boxes. I will be linking to a table that includes 3 columns labeled PartNumber, PartDescription, and PartPrice. For instance, if I enter "12345" in the PartNumber text box then the description of the pa...

text-text

Font for $\text{...}$
What font is used for \text{} regions within math mode? (I'm using amsmath, if that matters?) If, as I assume, it is the default text font, how can I change it to something else? —Joel Salomon On Sep 23, 5:36=A0pm, "Joel C. Salomon" <joelcsalo...@gmail.com> wrote: > What font is used for \text{} regions within math mode? =A0(I'm using > amsmath, if that matters?) > > If, as I assume, it is the default text font, how can I change it to > something else? > > =97Joel Salomon It uses the current text font. What effect do you want to achieve? You ca...

TEXT FONTS
.. text fonts : http://su365.su/text-fonts/2965 ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ...

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_Aft...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style...

Word 2000
Hi all, I'm writing a macro for a Word 2k user form that pops up when a new document is created from a template. When a button is pressed, values are transferred from the text boxes in my user form to corresponding formfields in the document. So far, so good - this is working just fine. However, I want to be able to have the user form read 'default' values from a text file, and re-save them to the same file when the form is closed (thereby saving any changes). Does anyone have a snippet of code they'd be willing to let me modify for this purpose please? Or any d...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

How to setup the font type/font size for a text in Version 8.xx ???
In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to write into a graphic. But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? Regards Paul Shadowfax wrote: > paulbabb@gmx.ch (Paul Babb) wrote in > news:bg8k62$d34$06$1@news.t-online.com: > > >>In Version 7.xx there was an option to setup the font type (e.g. >>Times New Roman, Helvetia,...) and the size of a text I want to >>write into a graphic. >> >>But where do I specify these attributes in Version 8.xx ? > ...

Setting font size of text box in VBA
I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. Please! dixie ctlTextBox.Height = 1440 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch ctlTextBox.Width = 2880 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch 'so you can see the area covered by the textbox ctlTextBox.BackColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) ctlTextBox.FontSize = 20 ctlTextBox.FontName = "Comic San...

How do I change the font on a single bound text box?
I have a continuous form tied to a query. Upon a certain criterion being met, I want to turn the font in a single field on a single row the color red. I found forecolor and was able to turn the box red, but the main problem is is that the entire column turns that color. I only want the one single row and then only the specific field to turn red. I don't want them all red! Thanks for any help (Access xp 2002). "jm" <john_20_28_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c67e4bdd.0310100518.5ae4c6f9@posting.google.com... > I have a continuous form tied to a query. Upon a ...

Web resources about - Word XP: highlighting text, suddenly text below it turns into strange font boxes - comp.fonts

File:Map of Oklahoma highlighting Oklahoma County.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

RBA's subtle highlighting of capital gains tax, not negative gearing, over housing
There's a subtle difference between the RBA's submission to a government housing inquiry and the opening statement by its head of financial stability, ...

Calgary bobsled deaths has Whistler highlighting security
The Whistler Sliding Centre is highlighting its strict security that prevents public access after-hours, in response to a tragic Calgary incident ...

Apple debuts new iPhone 6s ads highlighting ‘Hey Siri’ and power advances
... more news on iOS Devices , Apple , and video continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple debuts new iPhone 6s ads highlighting ...

Highlighting The Scope Of Legal Issues That Can Arise In A Media Company’s Digital Operations
What legal issues should a broadcaster be concerned about when expanding its use of digital media?

Spotify Launches ‘Year in Music’ Highlighting 2015 Listening Habits
... In addition, the site allows users to create a Year in Music card for their stats, which can be shared on social media. Outside of highlighting ...

Highlighting 5 Possible Last-Minute Impact MLB Waiver Deadline Steals
There figures to be more than a few waiver trades in MLB before the August 31 cutoff date next week. Over the next few slides, we'll take a look ...

The student who lost his Facebook internship after highlighting a huge privacy flaw says it was an 'incredible ...
Harvard student Aran Khanna was due to work as an intern at Facebook this summer. However, after he highlighted a massive privacy issue in the ...

Blue-letter Bible highlighting OT passages about Jesus is top seller
A Bible with Old Testament passages relating to Jesus marked in blue is the top selling specialty Bible in North America.

California water agency's land purchase rattles growers, highlighting farm-city tensions
The nation's largest distributor of treated drinking water became the largest landowner in a remote California farming region for good reason: ...