About Vatti's polygon clipping algorithm.

Hi,

I need a polygon clip (boolean operate is better) algorithm, it must
support self-intersections, and support both even-odd and nonzero
rule. I think Vatti Clipping algorithm can do this (with some
modification and extend) , but I can't get the original paper.

Is there anyone can give me a paper of Vatti Clipping? Or, can suggest
me another algorithm.

0
Xeranic (26)
6/26/2007 1:53:24 AM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6657 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Point Inside a Polygon
I need to find whether a point is inside a 2D polygon or not. The polygon is located arbitrarily in space. Hence, one will need (x,y,z) coordinates of all the vertex to define it. The solutions available (inpolygon by mathworks and inpoly by Darren (file ex)) assume that the polygon is located in the XY plane. Hence they are not directly useful for me. Can anybody offer help here? Yogesh Mehta: <SNIP needs an <inpolygon3>... one possible solution might be - project your polygon on x/y, x/z, and y/z - use <inpolygon> for each slice us us wrote: > > one possible solut...

lossless algorithms for redhat linux
Hi all does anyone know (or has a reference) about which of these lossless data compression algorithms are available on redhat linux? 7ZIP ACE 2.0 CAB 1.3 RAR stuffIt ZIP The main need is for plain text files. size about 0.5 GB. <zivsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1148898131.383502.261720@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > does anyone know (or has a reference) about which of these lossless > data compression algorithms are available on redhat linux? > misc note: compression algorithm != archive format/compression program... > 7ZIP mostly windows,...

NEURAL GAS ALGORITHM
Hi. I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me exactly how this algorithm works. It would be also useful to know how to implement this learning algorithm on Kohonen's net. I'll be grateful for any help. Kuba "Jakub Stuglik" <stukuba@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:<bvtak7$hrv$1@news.onet.pl>... .. > I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me exactly how this algorithm > works. It would be also useful to know how to implement this learning > algorithm on Kohonen's net. > I'll be grateful for any help. Is your search engin...

Drawing gets clipped
Hi. I am new to wxWidgets. I am doing my development work on MacOS X version 10.5.6 using wx-2.8.9. I'm trying to work with a shaped window. My window is a subclass of a wxFrame. I need it to have a custom looking skin but also but resizable, etc. I am using a "cap and stretch" approach to skinning. I've accomplished this (so far looks and behaves pretty well), but when I size the window over 1195 pixels wide, the drawing to the right of this point is clipped - I get my custom skin and controls up to that point, then white appears. When I resize the...

clipping in w-space
I just want to make sure I am clear on how clipping is done in homogeneous space. In normalized device coordinates, points inside the frustum are bounded by: -1 <= x <= 1 -1 <= y <= 1 -1 <= z <= 1 So in projection space (before the perspective divide), 4D points (x,y,z,w) inside the frustum are bounded by: -w <= x <= w -w <= y <= w -w <= z <= w So, for example, one frustum plane is: w = x Now this is a plane in R^4 right? So the general plane equation in R^4 is: Ax + By + Cz + Dw + E = 0 Right ?? Then I just generalize the polygon edge/plane inters...

Bugs in Maya 5.0 Polygonal Modeling?
I recently purchased Maya 5.0 Complete for Windows, and have been using it to create some polygonal meshes. My standard method for constructing these meshes primarily uses Extrude Edge, Append to Polygon Tool, Split Polygon Tool, and Merge Edge Tool. While doing this, I've had some very frustrating things happen that I believe to be bugs in Maya. Being new to the program, I'm not positive that these are bugs or perhaps "features" of Maya that I'm not properly handling. My questions to you all are: 1. Have you encountered these same problems with your set ups?...

RECORDING VIDEO CLIPS FROM WEBSITES
I've had pretty good success using Camtasia to accomplish this, but still certain video clips come out all black. I've tried disabling the hardware accelerator but that didn't help any. Is there a better program which will record ALL videos, or is there something else I can try which will work? Thanks in advance!! Lynn The WMRecorder package would be good to try. -- Ed Light Smiley :-/ MS Smiley :-\ Send spam to the FTC at spam@uce.gov Thanks, robots. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:13:30 -0700, "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote: >The WMRecorder package...

Artificial Intelligence Algorithm
Hello, my name is Luis Perez and I'm from Chile, in South America. I'm 23. In the last 3 years i'v been developing an aritficial intelligence algorithm. I have already implemented a program in Visual Basic 6 that is able to extract data patterns from row data. It recieves input data wich is gattered through plugins. Then it applies the pattern algorithm over this input and, if it finds any pattern, it stores these patterns in memory. If later data appears to belong to a specific pattern, then the algorithm completes automatically this pattern, generating output. This w...

About Vatti's polygon clipping algorithm.
Hi, I need a polygon clip (boolean operate is better) algorithm, it must support self-intersections, and support both even-odd and nonzero rule. I think Vatti Clipping algorithm can do this (with some modification and extend) , but I can't get the original paper. Is there anyone can give me a paper of Vatti Clipping? Or, can suggest me another algorithm. ...

Feedback on a nearest point algorithm
I'm fairly new at programming in Fortran and still climbing the learning curve. I wrote a simple program to find the nearest point within an array. I would appreciate any feedback that you could give, such as ways to optimize it or make it more concise. Are there faster ways to do this? Also, if you see any 'bad' programming practices please let me know. Your time is greatly appreciated. ************************************************************************************************** subroutine nearestpoint(x,y,m,n,mode,inds,nrst_pnts) !------------------------------...

Recursive descent algorithm able to parse Python?
I'm a compiler newbie and curious if Python grammar is able to be parsed by a recursive descent parser or if it requires a more powerful algorithm. Chris seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote: > I'm a compiler newbie and curious if Python grammar is able to > be parsed by a recursive descent parser or if it requires > a more powerful algorithm. Python is relatively simple to parse using a recursive descent parser. If you're rolling your own as a learning exercise, the grammar for python is included in one of the top level directories of the source distribution for python. ...

Algorithms Homework Help?!?!
I am given an Array that contains the number of M&Ms of each color I have. Each index in the array represents a different color. I am also given an Integer of the number of children I am having at a birthday party. --THE CHILDREN MUST ALL HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF M&MS --EACH CHILD MUST ONLY HAVE 1 COLOR OF M&MS Given an array containing the number of M&Ms I have in each available color, and the number of kids, determine the maximum number of M&Ms you can put in each goody bag. For example, with 11 red M&Ms, 9 blue M&Ms, and 5 M&Ms, you could give 5 ch...

Polygon Topology in moving diffrent layers polygon?
Dear all, I have 2 layers which is a coverage of relatively small polygons and on top of this coverage i have another coarsea coverage, with each polygon in this coarser coverage consisting of a group of adjacent polygons from the first coverage. My requirment is i would like to treat this two coverages being linked- when i move one of the small polygon boundaries i would like any coincident large polygon coverage boundry to move along with it. I currently trying to use the ArcGIS version 8.1 to solve this problems. And i have been told that the topology edtis function should work...

image clipping problem
hello, I'm writing a panoramic image viewer in html / javascript. The idea is I have a div with two identical panoramic photographs embedded in it. The clipping on the div is set to make it a viewport onto the images. Then I use javascript to make the two images scroll through the viewport - the second image is just there to fill the gaps when the first scrolls off the screen. They are seamless 360 degree panoramas, so this gives the illusion of a seamless scroll around the whole scene. You can see a test version of the page at: http://lofty.dyndns.info/pano/pano-test.html ...

Fuzzy Theory for IGO Algorithm / Toshihiko Yokogawa
I am looking for this paper Use of Fuzzy Theory for IGO Algorithm Toshihiko Yokogawa (Research and Development Center, Rich Co., Ltd.) I cannot seems to be able to track down the author. If anyone can help. Brahim Took me about 5 seconds to type "Fuzzy Theory for IGO Algorithm" into Google to find this paper. "Brahim HAMADICHAREF" <bhamadicharef@plymouth.ac.uk> wrote in message news:be6fbed3.0406160230.7b5999a7@posting.google.com... > I am looking for this paper > > Use of Fuzzy Theory for IGO Algorithm > Toshihiko Yokogawa (Rese...

Polygon ellipsoid test
Does anyone know of a fast test for determining if a polygon intersects an ellipsoid? I have most of the basic tests, i.e. plane/ellipsoid, line/ellipsoid, but I can't seem to get this one for the case when the polygon completely circumscribes the ellipsoid (no line intersections but a planar intersection). Do I need to find the ellipse of intersection? Is this easy to derive? TIA -Neil "Neil Tardella" <neil_tardella@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:81fdea53.0402191716.3582cf50@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know of a fast test for determining if a polygon > ...

vattis algorithm as in GPC c++ library
I cannot even do a correct union of 3 rectangles in gpc , what could be the reason?. i put 1 polygon as clip polygon and 2 nondisjoint polygons as source and then do a union op on them.I am not getting a proper result. I presume my understanding of how to use gpc is wrong. can some kind member of this group who knows how to use gpc help me out. I will try the new Clipper library, but i have to get embarcadero c ++(very expensive) Write to uselesswe@gmail.com if you want the fully debugged and rewritten GPC .-- Recursion free,2 major algorithmic bugs located and cured.Speeded up for he...

Simple algorithm?
Hi any help: two lists of words A -with 135 words and B -with words h,i,j,k,l. All English words. Need an algorithm that counts the number of times h,i,j,k,l appear in list A. Respectively. Any help here, or maybe you can poit a more suitable list - or email me direct to beck_a_@hotmail.com Thanks "A. Beck" <beck_a_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b60381c9.0309232306.3afe5128@posting.google.com... > Hi > > any help: two lists of words A -with 135 words and B -with words > h,i,j,k,l. All English words. > Need an algorithm that counts t...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5409 on Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen Identity-Based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5409 Title: Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen Identity-Based Encryption Algorithms with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Author: L. Martin, M. Schertler Status: Informational Date: January 2009 Mailbox: martin@voltage.com, mschertler@us.axway.com Pages: 13 Characters: 25481 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D...

About parallel sort algorithms
Hello again my dear programmers... Let's talk about my parallel sort library, my parallel sort library divides the array to be sorted into mutiple sub-arrays, and it sorts those sub-arrays in parallel then it uses a parallel merge algorithm to merge the final sub-arrays to be sorted: Here is the kind of parallel merge that is used, read here: http://dzmitryhuba.blogspot.ca/2010/10/parallel-merge-sort.html Here is the steps of the parallel merge algorithm: "Let’s assume we want to merge sorted arrays X and Y. Select X[m] median element in X. Elements in X[ .. m-...

One algorithm problem
hello everyone , I don't know its the write place to ask this or not. I have a problem and I am not able to get any algorithm for it. Given two arrays A,B of size N , each with integers from 0-(N-1) . We have to arrange the elements in array A as they are in B (by swapping values) with the place in A holding the digit '0' used as the temp variable for swapping , in O(n) time and WITHOUT using any extra variable space. example: A[]="3021" B[]="2130" output: A[]="2130" using position of '0' in A as temp variable for sw...

Polygon #3
I m facing problems to plot a polygon using Schwarz-Christoffel tool If there is anyone who can help me The matlab file is as follows load f.txt; pt1x=f*[1; 0; 0]; pt1y=f*[0; 1; 0]; tdata1=complex(pt1x,pt1y); yy=flipud(tdata1); p=polygon(yy); f1=diskmap(p); plot(4*exp(i*linspace(0,2*pi,180))); hold on, axis equal plot(f1) The f.txt file is as follows 105.82 6.93 50 105.38 6.93 50 104.17 6.93 50 103.07 6.93 50 102.08 7.02 50 101.75 7.11 50 100.54 7.11 50 99.44 7.11 50 98.45 7.11 50 97.9 7.11 50 96.8 7.11 50 95.7 7.11 50 94.6 7.11 50 94.6 7.11 50 93.61 7.11 50 92.51 7.11 50 91.3 7.11 50 91.1...

IIR optimization algorithms?
Any you guys know of any IIR optimization algorithms out there or any suggestions on how to go about designing this filter. Its a highpass, close to half band and the group delay in the pass band needs to be about 3 samples with as much rejection in the lower half as possible ... lets say better than 40; As soon as I saw the low group delay i immediatly thought it had to be IIR. I would love to use some preexisting filter optimization algorithm, but most of the things i see out there is for FIR. (I have an exact group delay i would like,same for magnitude) Any suggest...

polygon grow
hullo, i am searching for an algorithm performing resizing a polygon by certain amount while preserving its shape (positive amount -> englarge, negative -> shrink). thank you "petr krebs" <krebsik@seznam.cz> a �crit dans le message de news:boio8j$jtm$1@news.contactel.cz... > hullo, > > i am searching for an algorithm performing resizing a polygon by certain > amount while preserving its shape (positive amount -> englarge, negative -> > shrink). > > thank you well... I've never done this, but I'll procede like that : - given a se...

Looking for algorithm . . .
I have a list of stocks I've divided into groups (say, partitioning A). I have another list of the same stocks, divided differently, (say, partitioning B). Is there a way to determine the least "swaps" so that I can turn B into A? I.E. given A: 1,2,3 4,5 6 7,8 B: 1,2,4, 3,5,6 7 8 tell me: swap 3 and 4 remove 6 from 4,5,6 into own group meld 7 and 8. (This isn't a homework assignment. I've been out of school for 18 years. I've just been away from graph theory/set theory for too long.... and was hoping someone wou...