About Vatti's polygon clipping algorithm.

Hi,

I need a polygon clip (boolean operate is better) algorithm, it must
support self-intersections, and support both even-odd and nonzero
rule. I think Vatti Clipping algorithm can do this (with some
modification and extend) , but I can't get the original paper.

Is there anyone can give me a paper of Vatti Clipping? Or, can suggest
me another algorithm.

0
Xeranic (26)
6/26/2007 1:53:24 AM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6670 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

What's postscript's basic algorithm?
Is the rendering of 'text' which originates from `pdftops` written one char at a time, or is it rendered one-row-of-pixel at a time or what? If the syntax is forth-like, does it also multilevel compose compound <views/pictures> from a set/library of primitives/glyphs? == TIA NoHtmlMailsPlease wrote: > Is the rendering of 'text' which originates from `pdftops` written > one char at a time, or is it rendered one-row-of-pixel at a time > or what? It's unspecified. Postscript specifies an image, the rendering engine can implement this as it wishes. It is l...

Dijkstra's and kruskal's algorithm
undefined ...

Chaikin's and Dyn's algorithms
Hi, I have a question towards the following to problems: a) Chaikin's algorithm. The subdivision step is defined as follows. Every linear segment of the control polygon is divided as 1 : 2 : 1, and the arising points are the control points of the refined control polygon. Show that the limit curve is a C 1 -continuous, piecewise quadratic Bezier curve with all pieces parameterized over intervals of equal length. (Consider either a closed curve or a control polygon with an infinite number of control points, i.e. ignore the boundary case.) So, this is the first problem. So, the term refined "control polygon" implies that some knot insertion is going on here which gives us a refined control polygon (one with more knots than the original). The ratio for division of the linear segments (1:2:1) maybe tells us where these knots are inserted, right ? So if we had originally 6 knots we insert TWO (?) new knots between knots 1 and 2, between knots 2 and 3, between 3 and 4, between 4 and 5 and between 5 and 6, right ? We insert TWO (?) new knots on each linear segment to get the 1:2:1 ratio right. This would look like this maybe: Original: x1--------x2--------x3-------x4... Refined: x1--x1a----x1b--x2--x2a----x2b--x3--.... Where x1,x2,x3,x4 are the original knots and the x1a,x1b etc. the new knots, right ? But I do not know what to show ? C1 continuity would mean to show something with 3 knots, namely that the tangents along them are equal, right ? So, if we have ...

Genetic algorithms (not Shor's algorithm) for quantum computers
I make the hypothesis that Shor's algorithm is a CLASSICAL algorithm ---- and one should use genetic algorithms, and "GAME of life " algorithms, and cellular automata (see Stephen Wolfram's cellular automata) (see introducer Patrick Shanahan on comp.ai.philosophy). In other words, a new paradigm is needed, quantum algorithms for a quantum computer. Perhaps genetic neural networks too ------- if there is such a thing. What I had submitted was a classical approach to a "quantum algorithm", solve one digit at a time. Also, look at genetic automated theorem proving ...

Knight's tour Warndorff's algorithm problem
--=-c2s+ep4njw78UF9mafkU Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all I'm having some troubles with writing Knight's tour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight%27s_tour) solution in Python 3. I'm using Warnsdorff's algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight% 27s_tour#Algorithm) and I'm wondering why it doesn't work with boards of certain sizes. I've written a solution and I like it but it does not work correctly for 15x15, 26x26, 27x27 and 32x32 boards (don't know why; checked from 5x5 to 40x40). So I'd be really glad if you tell me whether I am too stupid for Python or for Discrete Math? In other words, did I implemented Warnsdorff's algorithm in Python 3 correctly or maybe all my troubles are because I haven't read tutorial with enough patience? P.S. Warnsdorff's algorithm says that it's not really important which square to choose between those which have equal amount of ways out. In spite of that I tried to changed my program and added '=' to condition at line 78. Results were quite surprising: now it works for 5x5, 6x6, ... 34x34 but not for 35x35! --=-c2s+ep4njw78UF9mafkU Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="knights_tour.py" Content-Type: text/x-python; name="knights_tour.py"; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit #!/usr/bin/env python3 class ChessBoardSquare: """ Class for chess board square. ...

How to use a class's member function in STL's algorithm?
We know that alomost every algorithm function, such as for_each, find_if, use funcional as well as function pointer. But when I want to use another class's member function, how could I do? See example: class TestPrint { public: TestPrint( int i ) { start_num = i; } void print( int i ) { cout << endl<< "| " << i + start_num << " |" << endl; } private: int start_num; }; int main() { TestPrint* pTest = new TestPrint( 8 ); int a[10] = {0, 1, 2, 3...

Knight's tour Warndorff's algorithm problem #2
El 9 mar, 22:57, Robin Rytich escribi�: > I'm having some troubles with writing Knight's tour > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight%27s_tour) solution in Python 3. I'm > using Warnsdorff's algorithm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight% > 27s_tour#Algorithm) and I'm wondering why it doesn't work with boards of > certain sizes. I've written a solution and I like it but it does not > work correctly for 15x15, 26x26, 27x27 and 32x32 boards (don't know why; > checked from 5x5 to 40x40). Warnsdorff's algorithm is heuristic; it works most o...

java.security.MessageDigest md5 algorithm and yahoo's md5 login algorithm
hi, i've been trying unsuccessfully to log in to yahoo from a java application using an insecure connection ("http://login.yahoo.com/config/login") by mimicking the action of the login web page javascript, that is hashing the password using md5 algorithm. i transcribed yahoo's md5 implementation from its web page into java, and it appears to give me different results than java's md5 algorithm (i'm outputting the byte[] array from java's md5 and the output of yahoo's md5 and their outputs are different). in either case i would appreciate any help in finding what i'm doing wrong. below is the code using java's md5 algorithm: java.security.MessageDigest t_md5 = java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance("MD5"); // composed hash=md5(md5(password)+challenge) String t_password = "mypassword"; String t_challenge = "anychallengestring"; byte[] t_hash1 = t_md5.digest(t_password.getBytes()); byte[] t_hash2 = t_challenge.getBytes(); byte[] t_hash3 = new byte[t_hash1.length + t_hash2.length]; System.arraycopy(t_hash1,0,t_hash3,0,t_hash1.length); System.arraycopy(t_hash2,0,t_hash3,t_hash1.length,t_hash2.length); byte[] t_hash = t_md5.digest(t_hash3); System.out.println(t_hash); using yahoo's md5 algorithm (see below); String t_hash = MD5(MD5(t_password)+t_challenge); System.out.println(t_hash); yahoo md5 algorithm from their web p...

Dirk Stueker's point in polygon algorithm
Last year, in fact around October last year, I was looking at and using the point in polygon algorithm originally developed by Robert Sedgewick, in his book Algorithms, and later modified by Dirk St�ker. The website for Dirk's modifications were here: http://www.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/~trebla/graphic/ (Checked OK October 2005 but link down as of Feb. 2006) http://condor.informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE/~stueker/graphic/index.html (Alternate link checked Feb. 2006 � link down) ....but the links seem to have died. I'm now writing up my work but I need to have a look at Dirk's algorithm again. Does anyone have a copy of his web page I could have a look at? "me" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:dsuo2l$8u6$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > > I'm now writing up my work but I need to have a look at Dirk's algorithm > again. Does anyone have a copy of his web page I could have a look at? Search google for "Dirk ccw" and click on "cached". Regards Uffe Uffe Kousgaard wrote: > "me" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:dsuo2l$8u6$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > >>I'm now writing up my work but I need to have a look at Dirk's algorithm >>again. Does anyone have a copy of his web page I could have a look at? > > > Search google for "Dirk ccw" and click on "cached". > > Regards > Uffe > > I tried searching google again. It came up...

It's on-it's off-it's on, it's off -WHY?
IS THIS THE CORRECT FORUM? Hope so. We have three computer networked at home...all with Windows XP. one of those is a laptop. Some mornings all 3 can see each other and transfer files...then mysteriously one or more will disappear. No contact....then later it's back. The laptop is the worst. Most often it won't let us in...but sometimes it will. No obvious reason. The most INFURIATING part is the message "see your administrator". Dammit Bill Gates...don't you realize that most networks are small offices without a Majestic Royal Administrator sitting his i...

2 q's re sedgewick's algorithms in c parts 1-4 book
(this isn't going to make any sense unless you have sedgewick's "algorithms in c parts 1-4" (but the 2nd question might make sense)) page 484, program 12.2 -- exactly what code/files should be used with it in order to compile program 12.2? there's two lines: #include "Item.h" #include "ST.h" but it is not clear at all which files or code they are. i've had a look on the book's support site and found all the code but there's no indication of any file names. also i don't see 'Key' declared/typed/or whatever the correct phrase is...

How to modify algorithm of hop.m in P.Keller's and K.Priddy's book to make it Hopfield ?
Hi, all: Correct me if I am wrong, but the algorithm on page 132 of P.Keller, K.Priddy "Artificial Neural Networks. An introduction" , SPIE 2005 seem to be not actually the classical Hopfield net's one, because input there is not disconnected after input data are taken in - in classical Hopfield it is not supposed to be like that (or is it not? How?). The Matlab code given there is (for the function hop() , which is given as hop.m file): ===================================================== % hop.m % usage:[result,x]=hop(n,u,W) % result is the predicted solution % x is the predic...

Algorithm for Photoshop's 'Color Match' Style Function Sought.
Hi, What is says really. I'm looking to perform a 'Color Match' function in exactly the same way in which Photoshop CS performs this operation. I'm looking to automate the process so ideally I'd like to include the operation in come C# I've already written or perhaps a seperate C++ executable if speed is an issue. I'm a complete novice when it comes to matters of complex colourspace analysis and stuff like that so any explanations would ideally take this into consideration although I'm not adverse to a bit of legwrok to accomplish my goals. :) Any help would be very much appreciated. Rob. Assuming your colors are defined in RGB, assume each color in your palette is a point in 3D. I believe the simplest way to match a color to a color in your palette would be to find the color in your palette that has the minimum Euclidean distance to the color you are trying to match. There is an issue though, assume your palette is made up of 2 colors (1,1,1) and (3,3,3) and the color you are trying to match is (2,2,2), which one is closest? I think at this point you should start using another color model such as HSV and maybe use intensity as the base characteristic. Arash Partow ________________________________________________________ Be one who knows what they don't know, Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know, Thinking they know everything about all things. http://www.partow.net Hi Arash, Thanks for the reply. ...

What is the stop condition for Decoding Reed Solomon Codes with s erasures and v errors when s+2v>d using Euclid's Algorithm?
Hi, I am trying to simulate a RS decoder using Euclid's Algorithm. I have one question about the stop condition. If there are s erasures and v errors satisfying s+2v>d, what is the stop condition for Euclid's Algorithm. Thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Dayu Huang dayuhuang@gmail.com wondered: > I am trying to simulate a RS decoder using Euclid's Algorithm. I > have one question about the stop condition. > If there are s erasures and v errors satisfying s+2v>d, what is the > stop condition for Euclid's Algorithm. If the decoder *knows* tha...

Sorting algorithm(s) used by PHP's sort function
Does anyone know what sorting algorithm(s) -- quicksort, mergesort, radix sort, etc. -- does PHP use internally in its sort function? "Shaunak Kashyap" <skashyap@intertechmedia.com> wrote in message news:67746bb.0307241733.63a5649f@posting.google.com... > Does anyone know what sorting algorithm(s) -- quicksort, mergesort, > radix sort, etc. -- does PHP use internally in its sort function? There's a lot of sorting algorithms used by PHP. It looks like the primary array sorting method is quicksort. I also found some use of mergesort. Looking at the source, I found t...

Error? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s'));
Hi, I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with this command? s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. Jack "Jack" <Jack@Jill.com> wrote in message news:ef3e449.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > I need a little help here. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong > with this command? > > s = assignin('base','s',tf('s')); > > The matlab syntax is -- assignin(ws, 'var', val) > Basically I just want to add s=tf('s') into the base workspace. What does the error message say? Something about too many output arguments, right? How many output arguments does the documentation for ASSIGNIN show that it should return? How many are you asking it to return? http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/assignin.html -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com ...

Banker's Algorithm

On Gillespie's Algorithm
Hi All, Can any one please provide me with the Gillespie's Algorithm? I need that for systems biology simulation. Thanking you, Md. Shahriar Karim On May 15, 3:20=A0am, "Md. Shahriar Karim" <karim.shahr...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any one please provide me with the Gillespie's Algorithm? I need that= for systems biology simulation. > > Thanking you, > > Md. Shahriar Karim GIYF, see here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/zoom.php?imageid=3D15898 ...

Dijkstra's Algorithm
Hello, is there a sample of Dijkstra's Algorithm (shortest path), made in RB? Thanks. Frank In article <1i2t6ao.15dd9o014ckp76N%spam@ghostlink.de>, spam@ghostlink.de (Frank Esselbach) wrote: > is there a sample of Dijkstra's Algorithm (shortest path), made in RB? Sure, this and other common variations are described and demonstrated in the April/May 2003 issue of RB Developer: <http://www.rbdeveloper.com/browse/1.5/1510/> Best, - Joe -- "Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work. Learn more and ...

Booth's algorithm
Help me pls... Given x=0101 and y =1010 in two's complement notation ( x = 5 and y = -6) Compute the product p = x * y with Booth's algorithm. Show all the steps involved. In article <1191173244.812693.178220@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, "josmatt.joseph@gmail.com" <josmatt.joseph@gmail.com> writes: |> Help me pls... |> |> Given x=0101 and y =1010 in two's complement notation ( x = 5 and y |> = -6) |> |> Compute the product p = x * y with Booth's algorithm. Show all |> the steps involved. 1) Find someone else ...

Melard's Algorithm
Does anyone know of an implementation of Melard's Algorithm for estimating ARMA parameters? The armax MATLAB method won't work because it gives residuals with significant autocorrelations. ...

It's primitive; it's dumb; it's brittle--but it's AI.
http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/aisource.html is a pathway to the http://code.google.com/p/mindforth AI project at Google Code. The AI is primitive because it has only enough features to demon- strate thinking. It is "dumb" inasmuch as it has barely any IQ. It is extremely brittle because the slightest change in the code can destroy the artificial mind crafted so painstakingly in Forth: Arthur -- http://agi-roadmap.org/Milestones -- ten years of progress. ...

C or Algorithm's
hello news group Member's,I am Newbies in this group. i just start my career in C & C++ as anewbies at this initial stage of my career i just start it first withthe C++ and confused at the "Vectors" and leave .now that i started"C" and i am confused with Algorithm's and data Structure.so whatshould i chose first Algorithm's and data Structure's "o"r Startedwith "C".its big confusion for me.and where from i start it.AJ <1981ami@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175696285.492985.253610@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> hello ne...

Gilbert's algorithm
Seen to many references to it, but can't find what is it about. Can anyone please help me? In article <ca416b83.0312180049.231fb2@posting.google.com>, vaxon77 @hotmail.com says... > Seen to many references to it, but can't find what is it about. Can > anyone please help me? I think you are probably asking about the "Gilbert-Johnson-Keerthi (or GJK) algorithm". It is an algorithm for computing the separation distance of two convex polyhedra. In a generalized form, it can compute the separation distance between two arbitrary convex bodies (i.e. not necessarily pol...

Web resources about - About Vatti's polygon clipping algorithm. - comp.graphics.algorithms