Foward and Backward Chaining

to comp.graphics.algorithms:

anyone have background on Forward and Backward chaining on search such as
outlined by Lugar in his AI books?

I'm very confused by it.  He seems to swap out the term goal without
defining it and it seems like a lot of syntax that can be applied for
either chaining method.  His examples with searching for the anwser to
the question, "Am I related to Thomas Jefferson" doesn't fit the idea of
reasoning by goal to data or data to goal.  The "goal" changes depending
on how I try to solve the question.

One goal can be, are any of my ancestors Thosam Jefferson
The other goal can be, are any of Jeffersons decedents me or my parents.

The state maps are nodes of state and arcs of events or rules.  The maps
he draws in the books say goal on top and data on the botton.  We have
no goals and data.  We have states and archs.  Data is sprinkled
throughout the maps and goals are arbitrary assignments of different states.
0
ruben
10/31/2015 12:52:49 PM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6674 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Web resources about - Foward and Backward Chaining - comp.graphics.algorithms

Looking Backward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Looking Backward: 2000-1887 is a utopian science fiction novel by Edward Bellamy , a lawyer and writer from western Massachusetts ; it was first ...

Reverser Cam - Backward Video Camera on the App Store on iTunes
Get Reverser Cam - Backward Video Camera on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Looking Backward - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Looking aft from my seat (3B) on a Northwest Airlines/Delta Airlines Boeing 757-200.

Super Mario theme - The backwards piano man - YouTube
Subscribe! New videos every 2 weeks :) Add me! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Lyle-Black/48313162642 A couple of the Super Mario themes, ...

More performances like this and Joe Hockey will send confidence backwards
Joe Hockey looked like the dog that caught the car at his first press conference as Treasurer.

Budget cut to foreign aid a huge step backwards
I was appalled to see in "Budget 2015 The Verdict" that the cut to foreign aid is given a "thumbs up"!

Has Australian dating culture gone backwards as equality changes the equation?
Urgency has been removed from the romantic world. We used to have to arrive on time to dates because there was no way of easily communicating ...

Samsung: Inserting the S Pen backwards will not break new Galaxy Note 5 units
As you may already know, Galaxy Note 5 has launched with a rather serious flaw : if the S Pen is inserted backwards it will get stuck and break ...

Researchers say time might actually move backwards in certain circumstances
Researchers have proposed interesting new theories about time that have one thing in common: they say time might be flowing in the opposite direction ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...