Free Book Going Away Any Minute

Sorry for the obvious grabber, but it's true...

Time for what may be the last self-serving, shameless plug for my free book=
..=20

Effective Oct 8 2015 Comcast removed my access to edit the site.  It's stil=
l there for viewing and book & Sup material, ,downloading (Oct 15 2015). Bu=
t can GO AWAY AT ANY TIME. =20
I probably won't set up a new host. I have received a dozen or so thanks fo=
r this work and wish to make it available for others in the future.  It can=
 still be found on the Internet Archive (WayBack Machine).  The Internet Ar=
chive is saving web pages.  BELOW I have Archive links for my site.

If anyone wants to host this please grab whatever you want now.  I'll send =
it to anyone upon request in the future, if my site goes away.  I can be em=
ailed at noskosteve (at) either yahoo, or gmail (dot) com .

What is this Book  ??

NEW DOCUMENTS have been ADDED that I did not add to the book and probably n=
ever will:
- Approximating the SINE function with a method based on the Coons quintic =
function.
- Maxim Shemanarev's algo for drawing a curve through a series of points us=
ing cubic Bezier.
- Dylan Miller's approximation of an arbitrary circular arc with a cubic Be=
zier segment.=20

WHAT IS IT?=20
"Interpolation and Curves for Graphics" - A Study of Piecewise Polynomial I=
nterpolation Fundamentals And Curve Reference=20

 This book is *both*=20
1 - A study of the fundamentals for a beginner and=20
2 - An advanced reference of all common piecewise interpolation types with =
sample curves to demonstrate the behaviors.  It also has a few things that =
I think derive from new ways of looking at various aspects of the math. =20

 When I wanted to learn about Piecewise Polynomial Interpolation for the la=
ser light show system I built, I couldn't find a book suitable for me.  Aft=
er much reading and searching on the net a number of years ago, I had many =
notes, so I put them in order and it turned into the book I originally need=
ed.  Comments are always welcome via my site, but I probably won't be writi=
ng much in the way of additional revisions (time to ship it).=20

Background and downloads are here:=20
 http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/site/?/page/Piecewise_Polynomial_Interpolati=
on/ =20

Direct download links AS LONG AS COMCAST leaves the site up:=20
Text=20
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/~k9dci/Book/Manuscript_Ver_9b.pdf 1.9M=20
Appendix=20
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/~k9dci/Book/Appendix_Ver_8b.pdf  1.7M=20
Happy fishing...=20

PLEASE SEND ANY COMMENTS to me via my web site CONTACT page, or the E-Mail =
addresses above.
--=20
Cheers, Steve Noskowicz

*********************

INTERNET ARCHIVE COPIES ( "WayBack Machine") Links for My Site and Interpol=
ation Documents

The overall Internet Archive Log of my site:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/=20

This looks like the Oct 2 2015 capture:
https://web.archive.org/web/20151002232122/http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/s=
ite/=20

Direct Archive links.  These may take a few more seconds to load from tapes=
 and may come from earlier crawls, but should be the latest versions:
https://web.archive.org/web/20141019101044/http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/~k=
9dci/Book/Manuscript_Ver_9b.pdf=20
https://web.archive.org/web/20151001192625/http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/~k=
9dci/Book/Appendix_Ver_8b.pdf=20

The Page explaining the SUPPLEMENTAL material not in the book:
https://web.archive.org/web/20150930224506/http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/s=
ite/?/page/Piecewise_Polynomial_Interpolation/=20

Direct Archive links to the supplemental material:
Coons Quintic Function Sine Approximation: https://web.archive.org/web/2015=
1001192614/http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/Book/Coons%20Quintic%20SINE%20Comp=
arisons.xls=20

Maxim Shemanarev's method of drawing a curve through a series of points usi=
ng cubic Bezier curves:
Formulas: https://web.archive.org/web/20151001192625/http://k9dci.home.comc=
ast.net/Book/Maxim%20Algorithm%20Formulas.doc=20
Spreadsheet showing it: https://web.archive.org/web/20151001192610/http://k=
9dci.home.comcast.net/Book/Maxim%20Demonstration.xlsm=20

Dylan Miller's approximation of an arbitrary circular arc with a cubic Bezi=
er segment:
Formulas: https://web.archive.org/web/20151001192625/http://k9dci.home.comc=
ast.net/Book/Dylan%20Miller%20Formulas.doc=20
Spreadsheet showing it: https://web.archive.org/web/20151001192615/http://k=
9dci.home.comcast.net/Book/Dylan%20Miller%20Bezier%20Arc%20Demonstration.xl=
s=20

The general way to see all captures of my site: https://web.archive.org/web=
/*/http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/=20

The archive may or may not capture all of the individual documents, but I g=
ot the above links from the Archive, so they should be there as long as the=
 Archive exists.

This site is NOT associated with DCI Cheese Co. Inc Richfield WI. : www.che=
eseco.com =20
0
Noskosteve
10/15/2015 10:11:25 PM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6674 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Going Once, Going Twice.... Free Oracle Books
I'm cleaning up and getting rid of some old Oracle books. First on the list is a set of Oracle Education, Developer 2000 Forms and Report Instruction Manuals. If anyone wants them, I'll send them along and even cover the postage within U.S., otherwise they're in the recycling bin in 7 days. Send a mail to EscVector@gmail if interested. ...

Free eFax Going Away?
I've used a free eFax account for a couple of years. I don't get many faxes, but it is handy to be able to give someone a fax number that ends up as email that I can review and print at my leisure. When I got a cable modem, and dropped my second phone line at home, I thought I might get the paid service so I could send faxes, but I never quite got around to it ;-) Yesterday, I received an email stating that they would no longer be able to provide me with free service, although it looks like they are accepting new applications for free service. I've always wondered h...

Re: Free eFax Going Away?
dold@FreeXeFaxX.usenet.us.com wrote: > I've used a free eFax account for a couple of years. > Yesterday, I received an email stating that they would no longer be > able to provide me with free service, although it looks like they are > accepting new applications for free service. I received an email about a month ago telling me my free account would be canceled due to excessive traffic. It read, in part: >> When you signed up for your Free account, you agreed to the eFax >> Customer Agreement, which states the following: "THE FREE SERVICE IS &...

Any comprehensive books on lock-free algorithms?
I need to implement some lock-free data structures (hash table an message queue), but not for inter-thread synchronisation - for differen processes, with shared memory, on multiprocessor machines I see a few open source libraries around for implementing those kinds o things within one address space for multithreaded apps, but I suspec at most they'd provide me with inspiration to work from and code to reus rather than being easily "ported" to shared memory For a start, I need a way to allocate and free parts of the share memory region - a lock-free malloc Now, all the ...

Robot Planning algorithms
FYI: Planning Algorithms By Steven M. LaValle, Copyright 2006 Cambridge University Press, 842 pages To buy: Cambridge ($63) Amazon ($46.40) This book presents a unified treatment of many different kinds of planning algorithms. The subject lies at the crossroads between robotics, control theory, artificial intelligence, algorithms, and computer graphics. The particular subjects covered include motion planning, discrete planning, planning under uncertainty, sensor-based planning, visibility, decision-theoretic planning, game theory, information spaces, reinforcement l...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #8
Linc Madison <lincmad@suespammers.org> wrote: > In article <telecom22.725.4@telecom-digest.org>, > <dold@FreeXeFaxX.usenet.us.com> wrote: >> Yesterday, I received an email stating that [eFax] would no longer be >> able to provide me with free service, although it looks like they are >> accepting new applications for free service. > I had a freebie fax number -- I don't remember if it was JFax or eFax > before the merger -- that got terminated because the state PUC > reclaimed a prefix that was below the required threshhold of...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #3
TELECOM Digest Editor noted in response to Gordon S. Hlavenka <nospam@crashelectronics.com> by saying: > I have had similar problems with Yahoo mail. The spam just pours Turn *ON* the Yahoo spam blocker in your settings, this puts spam in a separate folder. If you do, I bet 85-90% of your spam will disappear. [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That's true, and I do that. But the spam folder counts against the total allotment allowed (I think it is 6 mb allowed). Yahoo graciously says "we will automatically dump out this spam in fourteen days if you wish.&quo...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #6
In article <telecom22.725.4@telecom-digest.org>, <dold@FreeXeFaxX.usenet.us.com> wrote: > Yesterday, I received an email stating that [eFax] would no longer be > able to provide me with free service, although it looks like they are > accepting new applications for free service. I had a freebie fax number -- I don't remember if it was JFax or eFax before the merger -- that got terminated because the state PUC reclaimed a prefix that was below the required threshhold of utilisation. I went through the sign-up process again and got another free number in some...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #7
Steve Michelson <njchillie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<telecom22.728.13@telecom-digest.org>: > I believe it is more a legal decision, than a religious "holier than > thou" decisision about whether or how to block spam. If a service > provider blocks certain e-mail based on their own criteria, they are > now in the business of filtering (or censuring) content, and that > implies, I believe, some legal liabilities if they end up blocking a > certain important e-mail, or if an unwanted (e.g., containing a > certain type of graphic) e-mail...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #9
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:31:51 -0500 (EST), dold@FreeXeFaxX.usenet.us.com wrote: >> Indeed, it seemed for a while that they were biasing the selection of >> the free number in favor of maximum distance -- I signed up with an >> address in San Francisco and got a number in New Hampshire; a friend >> in Boston got a number in Arizona. > Given that most people don't pay much for long distance, and I usually > only give the number to businesses, I didn't think it mattered much. > Sometimes people think they didn't get the number right, but that...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

free free free
Simply follow the instructions below and in 2 to 3 weeks, you will have at least $40,000 dollars in your PayPal account http://clix.to/thebest ...

Re: Free eFax Going Away? #5
In article <telecom22.728.13@telecom-digest.org>, TELECOM Digest Editor noted: >> attempt which is more than SBC thinks about. PAT] > TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No one is asking SBC to try and think > for themselves on what is and what is not spam. If they would simply > make some *reasonable choices* about what to put in a spam box which > you, the user, still had to review and toss as desired. Do they think > *anyone* wants to get a dozen 'enlarge your penis' messages every day > and a dozen or more Nigerian fraud emails every day? E...

Web resources about - Free Book Going Away Any Minute - comp.graphics.algorithms

Minutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the written record of a meeting. For the unit of time, see minute . For other uses, see Minute (disambiguation) . Minutes ...

Drew's Marketing Minutes
Great marketing, branding & social media resource for business owners and marketing professionals. Wall Street Journal calls it a must read. ...

Thunderstorm brings more than half last month's rain in 10 minutes
A heavy but&nbsp;fleeting&nbsp;thunderstorm tore through the ACT&nbsp;on Thursday afternoon, with&nbsp;strong winds, hail, and heavy rain.

Woolly roadblock stops car after 90-minute police pursuit in New Zealand
Sheep are raising the baa when it comes to law enforcement in New Zealand.

English Premier League: Adam Lallana's 95th-minute goal gives Liverpool 5-4 win over Norwich
Adam Lallana's strike deep into stoppage time gave Liverpool a 5-4 win over Norwich City in an extraordinary Premier League game at Carrow Road ...

60 Minutes is Most-Watched Show This TV Season
Thanks to Peyton Manning and Sean Penn , Sunday’s 60 Minutes had the biggest audience of anything on TV so far this season, not including sports. ...

OnePlus promises sub-60 minute delivery in London
... (tomorrow) as part of the promotion and you won’t need an invite either. Perhaps best of all, if your delivery doesn’t arrive in under 60 minutes, ...

Autoblog Minute: Drone makes autonomous landing on moving car
Filed under: Videos , Weird Car News , Autoblog Minute The German Aerospace Center autonomously lands a drone on top of a moving car. Autoblog ...

"60 Minutes" Presents: Making a Difference
On a special edition of "60 Minutes," a look at Americans from all walks of life who are making a difference

Watch Jeb Bush Squirm Through Almost A Minute Of Donald Trump’s Insults
Watch Jeb Bush Squirm Through Almost A Minute Of Donald Trump’s Insults