From 3d To 3d

Hi to all,

i would like to know if i can create a 3d model of the face of a person
without using a 3D
scanner. Could i use a normal digital photo camera???
Thanks

0
kingpin (48)
12/2/2006 4:39:19 PM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6674 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Yeap you sure can,

Its called structure from motion, you need to take several
images from different angles, calculate the F matrix for
the camera parameters of each camera, detect features common
in all images (try harris corners) reproject the features
from the images or view frame into some common view frame,
triangulate the features (aka vertexes), taking into account
reprojection errors etc and your done.

Arash Partow
Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net

kingpin@freemail.it wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> i would like to know if i can create a 3d model of the face of a person
> without using a 3D
> scanner. Could i use a normal digital photo camera???
> Thanks

0
partow (161)

Save up to 60% On 3d Modelling, 3d Graphics and 3d Animation Services
Get a discount up to 60% on Mechanical 3d Modelling includes mechanical engineering design, Mechanical Design, free 3d models, 3d animation, mechanical products, Mechanical Engineering, mechanical engineering services, mechanical engineering design, Automotive Equipment, Trail Tuff Automotives ,animation at low cost with high accuracy. We assist you in producing 3D products which reduce your cost comparatively as compared to what it would cost to produce them in- house. At the same time, we take away the time-consuming, repetitive aspects of the project and free our clients in-house designer...

Mechanical 3d Animation, 3d modelling and 3d Graphics Services at Lowest Rates
Want to see how your product will look before you produce them? Then come to Mechanical 3D modelling where we will assist you in transforming the perception of your 3D models into reality. Save up to 40% to 60% on your projects!! Mechanical 3d Modelling Offers Various type of 2d design, 2d modelling, 2d and 3d mechanical modelling, mechanical 3d animation and design services, 3d graphics services and mechanical design in india with strong quality and lowest possible rates. We create 3D mechanical models with an added dimension and the impact which prompts curiosity and attention. ...

Mechanical 3d Animation, 3d modelling and 3d Graphics Services at Lowest Rates
Want to see how your product will look before you produce them? Then come to Mechanical 3D modelling where we will assist you in transforming the perception of your 3D models into reality. Save up to 40% to 60% on your projects!! Mechanical 3d Modelling Offers Various type of 2d design, 2d modelling, 2d and 3d mechanical modelling, mechanical 3d animation and design services, 3d graphics services and mechanical design in india with strong quality and lowest possible rates. We create 3D mechanical models with an added dimension and the impact which prompts curiosity and attention. 3D Modeling improves your graphics and gives a better look to your website. 3D modeling or animation is applicable where it is necessary to convey your company's professional image. Mechanical Products design offers Industrial Design Products, 3D design and modeling products, mechanical 3D design in India with 99.995% accuracy at mechanical 3d modelling. We assist our clients during the conceptualization, 3D design or modelling stage of projects with presentation material in the form of images and detailed animation in either .mpeg or .avi files. 3D animation deliver 3D models, 3d animation process, 3d modelling software. We are using solidworks and 3d max for making 3d modeling animations 3d Animation delivers 3d models, 3d modelling software, 3d animation process, mechanical modelling our world wide clients. We are using Solidworks and 3d Max for making animations...

[...]

Matrix 3d plot(3d graphic)
I have this matrix 8*8. Here's the matrix I want to plot: matrix=[1 2 3 4 5 10 11 20 2 4 3 1 5 6 7 9 13 4 5 8 7 9 2 1 9 11 3 2 1 6 7 9 8 4 12 5 4 3 2 1 7 9 0 14 9 0 1 3 4 6 2 3 15 6 0 2 3 4 6 9 3 15 7 1 3 2 4 6 9 8 15] How can I plot these matrix in 3D? Can anyone help me please? I know which functions are used for 3D plot in matlab. I begin in command window with defining my matrix: >>matrix=[1 2 3 4 5 10 11 20 2 4 3 1 5 6 7 9 13 4 5 8 7 9 2 1 9 11 3 2 1 ...

3D visulaisation of 3D matrix for a 3D CA
Hi, I have a 3D matrix, of the form {{{1, 2, 3, 4}, {5, 6, 7, 8}, {9, 10,11,12}, {13,14,15,16}}, {{17, 18, 19, 20}, {21, 22, 23, 24}, {25, 26, 27, 28}, {29, 30, 31, 32}}} I want to plot this matrix, where every number is a unit cube, to give a sort of 3D grid, where the number gives the colour. In reality most numbers would be 0, which would be transparent. I want to do this as I'm developing a 3D partitioned cellular automaton, and have it defined over structures of this sort, and I want to be able to visualise its development. In 2D I've used MatrixP...

Getting 3d printable models out of 3d graphics in Mathematica
Surfaces that appear fine in Mathematica aren't accepted to be printed by: ( *.obj,*.dxf,*.stl,...others) http://www.shapeways.com/ or need to be repaired at: http://www.sculpteo.com/ http://www.sculpteo.com/en/gallery/public/user/rlbagulatftn/ I give an example of one that Mathematica 8 failed on yesterday from my old work TFTN: (* b=c=1 torus cycloid*) (* b=2,c=1 baseball seam *) (* by R. L. BAGULA 10 JULY 1997=A9 *) a:=10; b=2; c=3; Clear[f,g ] f[t_]=Cos[t]; g[t_]=Sin[t] ; gr=ParametricPlot3D[{f[t] f[p/b]-(a+g[t])*g[p/c], ((a+g[t])*f[p/c]+f[t] g[p/b]) f[p/b], ((a+g[...

3D visulaisation of 3D matrix for a 3D CA #2
Hi, I have a 3D matrix, of the form {{{1, 2, 3, 4}, {5, 6, 7, 8}, {9, 10,11,12}, {13,14,15,16}}, {{17, 18, 19, 20}, {21, 22, 23, 24}, {25, 26, 27, 28}, {29, 30, 31, 32}}} I want to plot this matrix, where every number is a unit cube, to give a sort of 3D grid, where the number gives the colour. In reality most numbers would be 0, which would be transparent. I want to do this as I'm developing a 3D partitioned cellular automaton, and have it defined over structures of this sort, and I want to be able to visualise its development. In 2D I've used MatrixP...

3d graph algorithm,how set objects coordinate in a 3d world
Anyone know a good algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d tree rappresentation... thanks! -- Emiliano ...

3d graph algorithm,how set objects coordinate in a 3d world
Anyone know an algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d tree rappresentation -- Emiliano Emiliano wrote: > Anyone know an algorithm to deploy 3d object in a 3d world? should be a 3d > tree rappresentation > -- > Emiliano > > To clarify, Are you trying to lay out some kind or internal data structure in 3d space (i.e. some nodes and links between them) so that they can be sensibly viewed? I am trying to find a solution to the same problem, the best I have found so far is 2d layout algorithm (I found a good description for a p...

3D Concept mapping / 3D Mind mapping with 3D Topicscape
An information-organization tool that lets you lay out information the way you think, but without the limitations of 2D sheets. Then view in a landscape that shows how the information is related. Can store files, snippets of files (in a container it makes for you automatically) or fileless notes, at every node or topic. Grabs web pages and saves them in a background queue under the topic you select. http://www.topicscape.com/ You can use 3D Topicscape for a free 60-day trial. ...

Upgrading Graphics in a Blade 100
Hi, I want to give my Blade a bit of a boost in the graphics department, and have seen a number of Elite 3d M3 and Creator 3D cards on the market for about the same price. I'm a bit stuck as to which one is infact "Better" Which would you recommend? Hardeep. On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Hardeep Rakhra wrote: > I want to give my Blade a bit of a boost in the graphics department, and > have seen a number of Elite 3d M3 and Creator 3D cards on the market for > about the same price. I'm a bit stuck as to which one is infact "Better" What frame buffer do you ...

3d model of hand | 3d model of hasp | 3d model of hms surprise
>>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_hand >>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_hasp >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_nude_little_girl >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_potassium >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_male_human_figure >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_map >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_male_human_figure 3d model of hand 3d model of hasp 3d model of hms surprise 3d model of hoist trolley 3d model of house 3...

animation 3d model | apache 3d model | ape man 3d model
>>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=animation_3d_model >>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=apache_3d_model >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=aspen_tree_3d_model >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=balrog_3d_model >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=autocad_3d_model_sample_project >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=audiovox_cdm_8910_3d_model >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=baby_carriage_3d_max_model animation 3d model apache 3d model ape man 3d model apple ipod 3d model ares rocket 3d model aries 3d model as50 rifle 3d...

3d model of silicon | 3d model of simple cell | 3d model of snakes
>>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_silicon >>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_simple_cell >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_waverly_hills >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_water_tower >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_the_taj_mahal >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_stearic_acid >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_spindrift 3d model of silicon 3d model of simple cell 3d model of snakes 3d model of sodium 3d model of spind...

3d model of golgotha in jerusalem | 3d model of hand | 3d model of hasp
>>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_golgotha_in_jerusalem >>> http://www.econoshock.com/?ss=3d_model_of_hand >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_human_head >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_service_quality >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_nucleas >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_outlet >>> http://www.destroymidtown.com/?ss=3d_model_of_nucleas 3d model of golgotha in jerusalem 3d model of hand 3d model of hasp 3d model of hms surprise 3d model of ...

3D plot for a 3D matrix
Hi I have a 3D matrix C (600x36x196) that represent an object (each layer of that object is represented by the X-Y matrix) and the Z is the height of the layer in the object. So for example if I use the (imagesc) function for any of the (X-Y) it will give me a rectangle but I want to plot my 3D matrix to give me a parallel piped. So my matrix is C(600x36x196) where C(600X36X1) is a rectangle and C(600X36X2) is a rectangle too, and so on.....but I want to plot all of them to have a parallel piped. Thanks Ahmad ...

3d surface from 3d points
I have hand-segmented points from a CT scan, delineating an object. 3d plot shows the slices nicely, but the mesh and surf (after using meshgrid etc) functions interpolated across the data set -- I want to maintain the *surface* of the data. I should be able to display this as a tube. I have also converted the data into a volume -- a binary volume, with a 1 at these points, but the point set is then too sparse to generate the surface. Thanks suguna i have the same problem if any one has something please reply thanks, anil S pappu wrote: > > > I have hand-segment...

3D PDF and 3d PostScript
Having just returned from witnessing student projects in 3D printing at my university and hearing about their use of 3D PDF, I searched the web for 3d PostScript, finding, among other tidbits, this little Bill Casselman gem: <http://www.math.ubc.ca/~cass/graphics/manual/code/ps3d.inc>. New to me, so I ask here: an experiences with that among c.L.PS readers? Cheers, and thanks, -- tlvp -- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP. On Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:33:40 PM UTC-5, tlvp wrote: > Having just returned from witnessing student projects in 3D printing at my > u...

3D object in 3D space
Dear all, I have xyz coordinates for my 3D object, however, I am not sure how to use this information to visualise it. Thank you very much for your help! Anna ...

3D Parametric or 3D Surface?
Hi mans, &nbsp; I have 10 orbits builded&nbsp;with 64 points each and have 10 values&nbsp;for rotation (one to each orbit). I need build a 3D surface or solid that have the 10 orbits. &nbsp; Look VI e picture attached. &nbsp; I do it, but the result&nbsp;isnt reflective&nbsp;all points in each plan(x,y axis). &nbsp; I use Labview 7.1&nbsp; with WinXP &nbsp; Thx. tube.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/259227/1/tube.JPG orbita 3D.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/259227/2/orbita 3D.vi ...

3d cube to 3d cylinder
Have anyone this idea how i can get a cylinder out of cube. radial projection approch ...

3D image to 3D array
Sir/madam, I have 3D image (generic model) after reading it I will get n*3 matrix. But in order to use interp3 if I pass this 3D image to this function it is giving error. Like V must be 3D array.What shall i do. Please give the suggestion. Jyothi Jyothi wrote: > I have 3D image (generic model) after reading it I will get > n*3 matrix. But in order to use interp3 if I pass this 3D image to this > function it is giving error. Like V must be 3D array.What shall i do. What does the n*3 matrix represent? Unconnected points that are known to b...

Web resources about - From 3d To 3d - comp.graphics.algorithms

Michigan Primary Polls 2016: Democrat And Republican Results In Frontrunners’ Courts
The 2016 Michigan primary polls released their final predictions of Tuesday’s results this week, and both Democrats and Republicans may have ...

How Erin Andrews Shook Off the Shadow of Victimhood and Silenced Her Critics After Horrifying Stalking ...
E! Online How Erin Andrews Shook Off the Shadow of Victimhood and Silenced Her Critics After Horrifying Stalking Experience E! Online Erin ...

Apple CEO Clashes With GOP Senator Over Encryption At Secretive Retreat
It was supposed to be a chummy weekend with GOP lawmakers and billionaires. Instead, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) got into it with Apple CEO Tim ...

Kim Kardashian doesn't kare what you think of her nude selfie, Bette Midler
Bette Midler's Twitter presence is confounding. It's frequently a blessing, whether she's throwing expert shade at the Oscars or speaking for ...

Hum Writing First New Music In 18 Years
Although Illinois space-rock heroes Hum haven't released any new music since 1998's Downward Is Heavenward, they've continued to perform together ...

Google Project Fi free to join, but will seem expensive outside USA
Project Fi, the Google mobile phone service, no longer needs an invitation to join. And in an aggressive pricing move, Google is slashing the ...

Tunisia: At least 53 dead in clashes near Libyan border
Chicago Tribune Tunisia: At least 53 dead in clashes near Libyan border Chicago Tribune A Tunisian soldier stands on a sandbank during a presentation ...

Microsoft ends work on 'Fable Legends' video game
Microsoft on Monday announced it has stopped work on the long-delayed "Fable Legends" action video game and is mulling the closure of the British-based ...

EU's Tusk says 'days of irregular migration to Europe are over'
European Union chief Donald Tusk said on Tuesday "the days of irregular migration to Europe are over" following an EU-Turkey summit aimed at ...

Maria Sharapova Failed Drug Test!
by Charles Mudede Maria Sharapova basking in her standard white beauty. Leonard Zhukovsky / Shutterstock.com No Australian Open for Russian ...