Sore Thumb Algorithm for the Anti-Cuttlefish

Instead of blending in with a pattern as with camouflage the goal here is to stick out like a sore thumb -- the visual analogue of Donald Trump or some other obnoxious person.

The most obvious example might be putting horizontal stripes on a vertical strip background.  Then again it might be better to have some arrangement of curved lines.

There may be an infinite number of optimum solutions which may complicate the problem without additional constraints.

Has anyone done anything with this?

bretcahill.com

0
Bret
9/10/2015 10:16:48 PM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6674 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

algorithm/algorithmic fonts
Hi, I'm using the 'algorithm' and 'algorithmic' packages. Some of the numbered lines have a variable-width sized font while other lines have a teletype font. Could someone pls inform me about how to change all the lines to the variable-width sized fonts. thx., glen Am 24.06.2010 14:13, schrieb John Smith: > Hi, > I'm using the 'algorithm' and 'algorithmic' packages. > Some of the numbered lines have a variable-width sized > font while other lines have a teletype font. Could > someone pls inform me about how to change all ...

algorithmic and algorithm packages
Hi, In the framework of the algorithmic and algorithm packages, is it possible to "tune" the space between two consecutive lines of the produced algorithm ? Something like itemskip ? Thanks in advance, Vincent Kelner ...

Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and ,scalable algorithms are hard ?
Hello, Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and scalable algorithms are hard ? as you have noticed i have tried to easy the job for you by inventing scalable algorithms and as you have noticed i have invented today a new algorithm of a very fast concurrent FIFO queue.. Here it is: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/CQueue1.htm And i am right now thinking about my next invention , so stay tunned ! and enjoy all my programming inventions that you will find at: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and ,scalable algorithms are hard ?
Hello... Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and scalable algorithms are hard ? as you have noticed i have tried to easy the job for you by inventing scalable algorithms and as you have noticed i have invented today a new algorithm of a very fast concurrent FIFO queue.. Here it is: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/CQueue1.htm And i am right now thinking about my next invention , so stay tunned ! and enjoy all my programming inventions that you will find at: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. On Saturday, ...

Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and ,scalable algorithms are hard ?
Hello, Who said that lockfree algorithms and waitfree algorithms and scalable algorithms are hard ? as you have noticed i have tried to easy the job for you by inventing scalable algorithms and as you have noticed i have invented today a new algorithm of a very fast concurrent FIFO queue.. Here it is: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/CQueue1.htm And i am right now thinking about my next invention , so stay tunned ! and enjoy all my programming inventions that you will find at: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

From CG algorithm to ORES algorithm?
Do anyone know how to obtain ORES algorithm (Orthogonal Residual Method) starting from CG algorithm (Conjugate Gradients)? ORES: x0 ∈ C^N , r_0 = b − Ax_0 ρ(0)=||r(0)||, q(1) = r(0)/ρ(0), β(0) = 0, q(0) = 0 f or i = 1, 2, 3, . . . v = Aq(i) a(i) = q(i)^* v v = v − q(i) a(i) − q(i-1) β(i-1) β(i) = ||v||2 q(i+1) = v/β(i) y(i) = T(i)\(ρ(0) e(1)) % T_i is a square matrix x(i) = x(0) + Q(i) y(i) CG: v0=0, x0 ∈ C^N, t0=b-Ax0, p0=0 for i=1,2,3..... p(i)=t(i-1)+v(i...

D* algorithm (Stentz algorithm)
I would like to know if someone has an implementation of the D* algorithm (Stentz algorithm) in Matlab, focused on path planning for mobile robots. This would be very helpful to me and would save a lot time. Thank You! "Luis Valdes" <luis.valdes@sener.es> wrote in message <goj2dt$8u6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I would like to know if someone has an implementation of the D* algorithm (Stentz algorithm) in Matlab, focused on path planning for mobile robots. This would be very helpful to me and would save a lot time. > > Thank You! hai, i would like ...

Algorithm
Hello I have made an application to visually compare a scanned printed document with the original document, to see whether the printer has done its job. I'm looking for a somewhat better/faster algorithm, I use pixel-per-pixel with some simple offset calculations, but it tends to be slow (1 minute for an A4 600 dpi B/W) even if it does it's job. The goal is to find missing dots, words, sentences or errors in artwork/color. OCR is not an option. In consideration is that the scanned document may be rotated, misaligned, slightly streched due to humidity, dirty, etc. If anyone can give me...

Algorithm
There are two parts to this question. The first is directly Java related, the second is an algorithm issue. I would like to use the built in quicksort functionality, but have different input parameters that can be used to sort it. Am I going to require a derived class for each and every sort criterion? In this particular instance I would like to be able to sort by path, file name, size, extension and checksum. Is the "correct" answer to write my own quicksort function which takes a parameter detailing which item is being sorted? Second, I would like to store sorted lists...

algorithm
Hello, I've got two files describe like this : First file (with three keys : GCFCL-CLE, GCFCL-CLE2 and GCFCL-CLE3) : FD FGCFCL LABEL RECORD STANDARD. 01 GCFCL-FILE. 02 GCFCL-CLE. 04 GCFCL-JR PIC 999. 04 GCFCL-DATE. 06 GCFCL-ANNEE PIC 9(4). 06 GCFCL-MOIS PIC 99. 06 GCFCL-JOUR PIC 99. 04 GCFCL-NOPIECE PIC 9(7). 04 GCFCL-TIERS PIC 9(6). * 02 GCFCL-CLE2. 04 GCFCL-TIERS2 PIC 9(6). ...

ALGORITHM
// MATCHCASE // REPLACE1WITHLOREPLACE2WITH + // REPLACE WITH2 REPLACE2P2WITH2LZ REPLACE2NP2WITH2L0 ...

algorithm

Algorithm
You're given an array containing both positive and negative integers and required to find the sub-array with the largest sum (O(N) a la KBL). Write a routine in C for the above Any pointers on the above problem will help. Wont sum of all positive numbers will be the largest sub-array? 116Rohan@gmail.com schrieb: > You're given an array containing both positive and negative integers > and required to find the sub-array with the largest sum (O(N) a la > KBL). Write a routine in C for the above > > Any pointers on the above problem will help. > Wont sum of all positi...

Algorithm
Hello All, Currently I am Facing a Problem in Calculating a Polygonal Area on Spheriod. I want to find the area of any Irregular Polygon on Earth.Taken the earth to be a sphere I have search a lot in google and already Post a query.Does anyone have an Algorithm for calculating the area. I know that the segments connceting your Points are Great-circle arcs and we can Triangulate and add up the areas of the spherical triangle For this we have a formula : s =3D (A+B+C)/2 // This formula is applie on the Plane not on the Spheriod E =3D 4*atan(sqrt(tan(s/2)*tan((s-a)/2)*tan((s-b)/2)...

Web resources about - Sore Thumb Algorithm for the Anti-Cuttlefish - comp.graphics.algorithms