World of Warships infected with AFK-ers, Bots, Hackers, Forum Admin Nazis. (Some anti-bot ideas)

Hello,

World of Warships is an interesting game.

Unfortunately it's filled with dumb people and then add some more dumb
people which don't even notice the obvious bots, afk-er and hackers in this
game.

Also add some forum admin nazi's and you have some bad game experience.

The experience because worst at night, when most people go to sleep, and the
afk-ers, bots and hackers seem to come out.

The latest game I just played was so bad, and so obvious it's incredibly
that two other players asked didn't even notice it tonight.

Basically every game I played had either a bot, an afk-er or even a hacker
which chould see through islands.

What convinced 100% of CV bot presence is the following fact/last game I
played:

There were two carriers on my team, one cruiser which also made some weird
decisions, and an enemy cruiser.

The bot carriers were unable to locate the enemy cruiser, they didn't even
try.

What these bot carrier did was they sent all their planes to exactly the
center of the map, and there they stayed idle.

They also never moved.

Also the enemy carrier never moved.

These carrier players are totally obvious bots, no doubt about it.

The only question remains:

Are these external bots ?

Or is the game developer adding these bots to multiplayer itself to pretend
they are human ?

The last option probably not cause it's way too obvious that these are bots.

I suggest some anti-bot technology if they want to make this game better:

1. Add start of each round have a CAPTHA that players need to type in, to
prove they are not bots.

2. Also ask a math question, bots hate math =D

I may contain playing this game cause navigating ships and not dieing is
kinda fun... and can train my navigation skills, but besides from that.. the
experiene of this game is pretty crappy at the moment.

I leave you with one last screenshot proving the bots carriers, I know it's
not much prove.. but believe me... those planes stayed there at the center
for the end of the match:

Also notice how the enemy carriers and friendly carriers never moved, even
while under attack... been haping all night... this kinda sucks.

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/WorldOfWarships/Screenshots/BotCarriersPlanesStayAtCenterOfMapTheyCantFindCruiser.png

Bye,
  Skybuck.

P.S.: I am thinking of deleting this "multiplayer" game... cause it's kind
of a scam at the moment ! Though I will wait to see if the developers
implement some anti botting technologie ! ;) :)

0
Skybuck
3/28/2016 5:07:24 AM
comp.graphics.algorithms 6674 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

There is another very serious problem with this game which is the result of
AFK-ers and Bots:

It's the match maker.

The match maker works in such a way that no player can ever achieve more
than 50% win rate.

That's the general idea.

This means the match maker will actually punish you if you are playing well
!

It will punish you by teaming you up with BAD players !

This can get very frustrating and annoying when it teams you up with AFK-ers
and Bots !

They even patented it...

It's complete JUNK.

Up to them to fix it somehow... plenty of possibilities to fix it.

Bye,
  Skybuck.

P.S.: Mean I teamkilled some AFK-ers ! LOL. The pink shit is hilarious !

0
Skybuck
3/28/2016 9:14:40 AM
One solution to prove that players are actually humans is to introduce a
little mini-game/puzzle at the start of a match/during or after the loading
! ;)

Bye,
  Skybuck.

0
Skybuck
3/28/2016 9:18:17 AM
I will share with you the posting I made on their forum.

These ideas were after one day of thought or so, and today, so I think it's
pretty good and worth something:

I kinda like this solution, I think it will go far in trying to solve this
robotic invasion of thez internetz ! ;) =D
Hellooooo =D,

Some problems, some solutions:

1. Flash is to easy to reverse engineer. To easy to remove protection
features. I suspect latest CV bots are FLASH based.

(1.1 External visual bots will become the norm in the near feature thanks to
more processing power and advanced development tools and technologies.)

2. Even c/c++ generated executables can be EDITED and functionality
disabled.

3. Removing BOTS/AFK-ERS from teams is not an option, this will unbalance
the teams even further.

Thus conclusion:

1. Only server can be trusted.

2. Sending server-side generated images and collecting client-side input
will not solve the bot problem.

3. Players must proof they are HUMAN before teams are created to avoid
AFK-ers and BOTS on TEAM.

Thus possible technology ideas to combat bots:

1. Server sends a dynamically generated puzzle to the players for them to
solve.

2. The players send the solutions to the puzzles back to the server.

3. Teams are created from players who solved the puzzle on time.

Seems like a very easy and simple solution to the bot problem.

The question now remains:

What kind of puzzle is:

1. Fun to play for humans.

2. Hard to solve for robots.

Bye,

  Skybuck =D

0
Skybuck

Bot Builders
I've created a new site where you can create your own bot for FREE. Unlike other places we give you total control over the programming. You start with a small but fully functional bot full of examples to create your own responses. In addition we offer realistic characters build in Flash for your bot's interface. We even provide free webspace to host your bot on. The programming is based on Talk-Bot who has won numerous awards in chatterbot contest. So if you are interested in building a better bot check out the site at http://www.bot-builders.com Best, Wendell Cowart ...

What are bots?
I see mention that only a few games have them, so I can't deduce what they are, since it sounds like lots of games have them. "jeffc" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ANazb.61631$dl.2857656@twister.southeast.rr.com... > I see mention that only a few games have them, so I can't deduce what they > are, since it sounds like lots of games have them. > Its short for Bottoms. Most games have bottoms if they have tops also. Check your manual as your game may have bottoms also. ps. They're quite fun. Bots is short for "robots" -- player...

here bots
rmazzeo@panamsat.com uce@ftc.gov garyg4430@aol.com none_none1_invalid@yahoo.com csl@sandes.dk hormelcannedmeat@hotmail.com winston@cat.rpi.edu mail2news@dizum.com belloosagie29@mail.com dbolt@my-ste.demon.co.uk abrandoned@aol.com munged@list.webmasterloveboat.com gwalter@gwalter.demon.co.uk brennan@columbia.edu 1@husk.cso.niu.edu nn@cs.niu.edu someone@columbia.edu postmaster@columbia.edu munged@msn.com you@your-name.com munged@cs.com paul@hopwood.org.uk abuse@abuse.earthlink.net tboyer@denmantire.com paulson@eyou.com tim@denmantire.com rescyou@spro.net munged@aol.com...

Any white bots advertising single moms for white bots?
white bots come in blue and blonde alone? Police understand Indian bots and violence bots and family awaremess bots. violence stands quite!? we have blonde bots in Asia but they don;t breed well with Asiatic bots so well, tried and tested thru NHS supervision. & NOKISSING Thank- You On 5 June, 00:29, N <n.m.ke...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > white bots come in blue and blonde alone? Police understand Indian > bots and violence bots and family awaremess bots. violence stands > quite!? > > we have blonde bots in Asia but they don;t breed well with Asiatic > bots so well...

How would the Gurus infect a spam bot?
I'm just a lurker round here, but I've come up with what looks to my inexperienced eyes like a good idea. Went and put it in the signatures of my various groups, so there it is down below. No doubt not everyone has the same loopback address (and I'm just barely beginning to discern what that term means), and I suppose it wouldn't take a particularly clever spam bot for it to not spam itself ... Isn't there a way in which the general idea could be made to work, though? If we all had either malicious junk email addresses somewhere where the innocent could not be harmed by them, wouldn't the spam bots pick these up and inflict harm on their masters? -- Regards, Slow Eddy. Please send me spam at the following addresses: 78997@127.0.0.1 09380r@127.0.0.1 joe@127.0.0.1 ... couldn't W3whaddever supply plausible devnull email addresses on request? Load your pages with a junk harvest. Have these set up on 1Bps connections so the spam queue has a lot of waiting to do there. </newbiespeak signature> Slow Eddy wrote on 11.11.2003 18:13: [...] > No doubt not everyone has the same loopback address (and I'm just barely > beginning to discern what that term means), and I suppose it wouldn't take > a particularly clever spam bot for it to not spam itself ... Object > > Isn't there a way in which the general idea could be made to work, though? > If we all had either malicious junk email addresses somewhere ...

Pretty cool networking idea for bots
I was just on Mouser and found this item. It's sort of pricey ($950), but would be a cool thing for experimenting with group robot interaction/cooperation, etc. I was not familiar with the Zigbee 802.14.4 networking protocol. I'll have to educate myself on it now. I'm guessing that you could build the boards much cheaper in the home lab, but this would be a good start. I'll post more on this later. http://www2.silabs.com/public/documents/tpub_doc/evbdsheet/Microcontrollers/en/Zigbee-2.4-DK.pdf Cheers Shawn Shawn B. <shawnbrown@charter.net> wrote: ...

Form anti spammer bot method
www.vhit.co.uk/create_test.php Posted this to some other newsgroups over the past couple of days and got some useful comments and suggestions . For want of a better description i'm only just past the beginners stage of learning php and suggestions on how it could be improved to increase the security aspect of it invited . You can download the source code for it via the above link . Solving a captcha is always a pain? -- Geeks Home www.fahimzahid.com "Krustov" <krusty@krustov.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in message news:MPG.1e002e4571375a1898a880@no-cancel.newsreader.com... > www.vhit.co.uk/create_test.php > > Posted this to some other newsgroups over the past couple of days and > got some useful comments and suggestions . > > For want of a better description i'm only just past the beginners stage > of learning php and suggestions on how it could be improved to increase > the security aspect of it invited . > > You can download the source code for it via the above link . ...

Thousands Of Government Computers Infected By Bots
We all knew this, right. " Thousands of government computers may be under the control of cybercriminals". A testomonial in the government's policy to use standard, safe and secure MS software. http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193104896 Philip wrote: > We all knew this, right. " Thousands of government computers may be > under the control of cybercriminals". A testomonial in the > government's policy to use standard, safe and secure MS software. > > > http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID...

bot infected computers in the millions
except the ones running vms ... it mentions power grids ... aren't most power grids on vms? http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/11/29/fbi.botnets/index.html In article <30c84d39-2c76-487f-83d7-67af32d8b57f@x69g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, ultradwc@gmail.com writes: > except the ones running vms ... it mentions power grids ... aren't > most power grids on vms? > > http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/11/29/fbi.botnets/index.html I am not in a position to read that article, but SCADA/ICS (Industrial Control Systems) like those used in power grids are the entire focus of Revision 2 t...

Article: Trend Micro: Thousands Of Government Computers Infected By Bots
<http://www.informationweek.com/shared/printableArticle.jhtml?articleID=1931 04896> ----- Thousands of government computers may be under the control of cybercriminals. Software bots�malicious code that turns PCs and servers into remotely controlled "zombies"�have dug into the computers of federal and state agencies, security experts say. Once infected, those computers can be used to distribute spam, launch denial of service attacks, and even direct sensitive information into the wrong hands. .... Trend Micro attempts to identify compromised machines by analyzing spam samples received from customers of its filtering service. It's tricky work, because bot creators employ techniques for covering their tracks. "You have no idea how complex this is," says Dave Rand, Trend Micro's CTO. After initially claiming that "tens of thousands" of government computers had bots within them, Rand this week downgraded the tally to 7,000. That doesn't mean bots aren't a problem�they most certainly are for government agencies and businesses alike. Trend Micro estimates there are 70 million subverted computers worldwide and that 8 million to 9 million are used to send spam in a given month. In general, about 60% of zombies are used to send spam and 40% for more destructive means, including phishing, pharming, click fraud, distributing adware or malware, denial of service attacks, surreptitious data theft, and temporarily storing illegal, malicio...

Schestowitz.com gets hacked and 0wned. Becomes part of zombie bot-net to infect visitors and attack other sites. #2
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/40c2e3fb593a38eb This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB got exploited. I've cleaned most stuff up, but I'm styill working with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually does. This will be resolved by the weekend. The main page is not affected, but some others still have the <iframe> crapola injected. The script kiddies who were messing up with phpBB seem to have come from Italy (I'd have to look at the logs more carefully). I really should have just patched phpBB... haven't done this _for years_. Complacency is dumb. So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he always accuses Microsoft software of being. That's priceless. linux is just the kernel On 2010-02-23, One Shot, One Kill <fred@gmail.com> wrote: [2 year old link deleted] > So, in other words, Roy's own web site became one of those "zombies" he > always accuses Microsoft software of being. The machine wasn't a zombie. You're a fucking liar... but what would anyone expect from a windows-loving sad act spending all its time in this group attempting to disrupt it? -- Regards, Gregory. Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:26:15 -0500, One Shot, One Kill wrote: > http://groups.google.c...

Jabber Bot

Bots and chatterbots
Hi! Do anyone have e-books, web side or other documents about writing bots especially chatterbots in java or other language . I know there is many sites with chatterbots and source code but not very much about techniques and HOWTO writes them. I already visited http://www.simonlaven.com/ http://www.bottechnology.com/ http://www.botspot.com/ and little more :) Thanks for advice ...

Corewars bots
I am learning x86 assembly and want to design corewar bots the thing is i don't have a clue as to what i should do regarding the imp bot where in the code has to copy itself ...... any ideas would be much appreciated... Regards Deepak termin wrote: > I am learning x86 assembly and want to design corewar bots the thing is > i don't have a clue as to what i should do regarding the imp bot where > in the code has to copy itself ...... > any ideas would be much appreciated... > Regards > Deepak Check into the source code for existing RedCode emulators: http://www.cor...

Rumble Bots
I'm a robot collector.......collect from garage sales and such, but I've decided to start clearing out some of my past to make room for the present. Anyway, I have this group of robots that I picked up somewhere because they looked fairly interesting. I've been told these are Rumble bots which were popular around 2001. I'm curious, does anyone use these any more? ...and are they worth anything? "SparkySU1" <droman@efn.org> wrote: > I'm a robot collector.......collect from garage sales and such, but > I've decided to start clea...

Kohl-bot
LoneWolfDev <lonewolf_dev@yahoo.com> wrote: > Peter K�hlmann wrote: > > > LoneWolfDev wrote: > > > > < snip garbage without structure > > > > >> That's what i think. I hope you will answer to this message. > > > > Yes > > > > Idiot > > What the hell do you mean by that!? can't you understand the language? i'm > not english and i've done my best, anyway i'm sure it's understable. > If the problem is not the language then try to be more specific about that > "without stru...

Algorithm ideas
i'm a grad student who got stuck with her previous topic and a has to find a new one. i have backgorund in math, DSP, image-processing, optimization, pattern recognition and data fusion. i'm looking for algorithm ideas, preflebly that have practical or industrial applications, can be in any domain. if anyone knows of a new problem that requires a non-trivial algorithm, i'll be happy to hear about it. many thanks, christine crasmuse@yahoo.ca (Christine Rasmusen) wrote in message news:<6aa88d11.0407312108.49b99b36@posting.google.com>... > i'm a grad student who got ...

I, Cooke Bot
The n to p conversion scheduler ratio of Windos 95 versys the Linux 2.6 Kernel clearly indicates a left=chirality inflection of the wassimutiz and add the freezeritz on the goobots and that spells trouble.... On Sun, 30 May 2004 03:40:04 GMT, uuuuu@uuuuuuuuuuu.dog wrote: > The n to p conversion scheduler ratio of Windos 95 versys the Linux 2.6 > Kernel clearly indicates a left=chirality inflection of the wassimutiz and > add the freezeritz on the goobots and that spells trouble.... Bailo, please, don't make a fool of yourself. If you would like things explained, ask. Don'...

Prebuilt bot
I am looking for a robot similar to the garcia from acroname which is prebuilt allowing me to focus upon the programming side of robotics more so than the hardware construction problems. Anyone have any references besides the garcia? TIA Jeff "fr335tyl3r" <fr335tyl3r@ <nospam.....forme>optusnet dot au dot com> wrote: : I am looking for a robot similar to the garcia from acroname which is : prebuilt allowing me to focus upon the programming side of robotics more so : than the hardware construction problems. Anyone have any references besides : the garcia...

bots welcum
rmazzeo@panamsat.com uce@ftc.gov garyg4430@aol.com none_none1_invalid@yahoo.com csl@sandes.dk hormelcannedmeat@hotmail.com winston@cat.rpi.edu mail2news@dizum.com belloosagie29@mail.com dbolt@my-ste.demon.co.uk abrandoned@aol.com munged@list.webmasterloveboat.com gwalter@gwalter.demon.co.uk brennan@columbia.edu 1@husk.cso.niu.edu nn@cs.niu.edu someone@columbia.edu postmaster@columbia.edu munged@msn.com you@your-name.com munged@cs.com paul@hopwood.org.uk abuse@abuse.earthlink.net tboyer@denmantire.com paulson@eyou.com tim@denmantire.com rescyou@spro.net munged@aol.com postmaster@panamsat.net godsonokoliuche@mail.com munged@citicards.com frederi108@aol.com pelopasgr@yahoo.com phrocrew@yahoo.com daemons@killfile.org stfnsimon@hotmail.com skowron@bh.knu.ac.kr choomchon@hotmail.com khaosod@earthlink.net jcowan@mail2.reutershealth.com dnewman@networktest.com legal_remove@altavistausa.comsjones123 z5mr2270r@tin.itagereversal67 pet.drozdan@inet.hr borislav.lukic@zg.hinet.hr trrff@yahoo.de jake_hampton2001@hotmail.com marcus.smith@smail.astate.edu guinevereactg@yahoo.com ky-adoptions-l-request@rootsweb.com bug-m4@gnu.org tharkey@austin.rr.com 200212290722.gbt7ml525080@panix5.panix.com pricanmamichula@msn.com eckhardt@gmx.de airca2@hotmail.com thomas31@poczta.onet.pl bakke@sbcglobal.net e1adgzm-0005q2-tg@mail.sosdg.org f@ke.address.invalid bunmuing@hotmail.com 200212301907.gbuj7h016045@blocker.rscubed.com e1aegv5-0007ov-nf@m...

Bots in Lisp?
Hi guys, I have been thinking about writing a bot (probably for IRC), and was wondering if this could be done fairly easily in Lisp. I know it is fairly easy to build a KB with Lisp, but what about the advantages a langauge such as Perl would offer to the speed of extracting key words from input to give sensible answers. Can Lisp do this as fast as Perl can? What other factors are there to desinging a bot? Thanks. -- May the Source be with you. neo88 (Philip Haddad) solo88@truevine.net (neo88) writes: > Hi guys, > I have been thinking about writing a bot (probably for IRC), and was &...

The snake bot

Turkey-Bot
I was thinking about building a gravy powered turkey-bot. The question is: Should it have feathers? And can I make the Gobble-Gobble sound with the speak-jet chip? Happy Thanksgiving all! --TE Thread Ender wrote: > I was thinking about building a gravy powered turkey-bot. The question is: > Should it have feathers? And can I make the Gobble-Gobble sound with the > speak-jet chip? > > Happy Thanksgiving all! > > --TE Ah, the classic feather-conundrum. I'd suggest you research prior work. MIT seems to think feathers are superfluous: htt...

Chat bots
I used to have some sort of DOS halbot. I liked it because I could paste huge blocks of text into it, which I did so that it would assimilate it all and spit back strange dadaist jumbles of the source material. I'm looking for something similar, although it would be even better if I could just add the text to a file rather than paste it into the actual chat interface. I wasn't sure where else to post this query. Thanks. mbyzantine@gmail.com wrote in news:1194383126.501541.32220 @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com: > I used to have some sort of DOS halbot. I liked it becau...

Web resources about - World of Warships infected with AFK-ers, Bots, Hackers, Forum Admin Nazis. (Some anti-bot ideas) - comp.graphics.algorithms

Warship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A warship is a naval ship that is built and primarily intended for naval warfare . As well as being armed, warships are designed to withstand ...

App Store - A Doodle Battleships Fun Free Shooting Warship Game Adventure
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about A Doodle Battleships Fun Free Shooting Warship Game Adventure on the ...

World of Warships - HMS Warspite - YouTube
Fire up Her Majestys' Band of The Royal Marines for a rousing rendition of Heart of Oak! The Grand Old Lady of the Queen Elizabeth class Battleships ...

Iran sends warships to waters off Yemen
Iran has dispatched a destroyer to waters off Yemen, raising the stakes as a Saudi-led air campaign against rebels there continues.

Videos Of US Warships Bombing ISIS Targets In Syria
The US bombed ISIS and al-Qaeda targets in Syria on Monday night, and the U.S. Navy has released videos of the sea-based strikes.

Japan launches largest warship since World War II
Japan on Tuesday unveiled its biggest warship since World War II, a huge flat-top destroyer that has raised eyebrows in China and elsewhere because ...

Warships ordered to go slower
NAVY captains have been ordered to reduce their ships' operating speed as part of a penny-pinching policy.

A US Navy warship has conducted a patrol near a disputed island in the South China Sea, directly challenging ...
A DEFENCE official says a U.S. Navy ship has sailed near a disputed island in the South China Sea to exercise the U.S.’s freedom to navigate ...

Australian Navy Struggling To Tow Back Russian Warships
... for Immigration and Border Protection, admitted that underpowered Australian naval ships were “struggling” to tow back the four Russian warships ...

US, British warships sent to Philippines
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. US and British warships have been deployed to the typhoon-ravaged Philippines where more than ...