bounding box

Hi everybody,
I would like to obtain max and min dimensions in each X,Y,Z of an object I
visualized. In practice i would like to obtain a boundig box range. How can
I get it?

please reply to giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it

Thank you

Giancarlo

0
Giancarlo
12/10/2003 3:08:21 PM
comp.graphics.api.inventor 449 articles. 0 followers. anatoli.barski (8) is leader. Post Follow

Giancarlo Amati <giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it> writes:

> I would like to obtain max and min dimensions in each X,Y,Z of an
> object I visualized. In practice i would like to obtain a boundig
> box range. How can I get it?

Use SoGetBoundingBoxAction.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>
0

Giancarlo

"Morten Eriksen" <mortene@sim.no> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Giancarlo Amati <giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it> writes:
>
> > I would like to obtain max and min dimensions in each X,Y,Z of an
> > object I visualized. In practice i would like to obtain a boundig
> > box range. How can I get it?
>
> Use SoGetBoundingBoxAction.
>
> Morten
> --
> <URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

0
Giancarlo
12/10/2003 3:33:17 PM
Giancarlo Amati <giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it> writes:

> yes but this node will computer the scene bounding box, [...]

(SoGetBoundingBoxAction is not a node.)

No, it will compute the bounding box of the node you apply it to, and
recursively that node's children. So if you want to calculate the
bounding box of just a part of the scene, then apply it to the root
node of that part.

> I would like the bounding box relative to a selected object in my
> scene.

I don't understand what you mean by this. By "relative", do you mean
the _local_ bounding box for a part of the scene? If so, what I have
outlined above will work.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>
0

> Giancarlo Amati <giancarlo.amati@mail.ing.unibo.it> writes:
>
> > yes but this node will computer the scene bounding box, [...]
>
> (SoGetBoundingBoxAction is not a node.)
>
> No, it will compute the bounding box of the node you apply it to, and
> recursively that node's children. So if you want to calculate the
> bounding box of just a part of the scene, then apply it to the root
> node of that part.
>
> > I would like the bounding box relative to a selected object in my
> > scene.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this. By "relative", do you mean
> the _local_ bounding box for a part of the scene? If so, what I have
> outlined above will work.
>
> Morten
> --
> <URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

0
Giancarlo

bounding box/bounding box intersection.
Hi guys, thanks so much for your recent help with my collision detection problems. I just have one more thing then I think I've got all I need to start coding it up. I have two Axis Aligned Bounding Boxes. One is stationary. One is moving (the reason for this is that it simplifies things - 2 boxes moving relative to each other can be considered as one stationary and the other moving) I have 2 questions, but 2 is more important cos it assumes you know the answer to 1) Now I have a "velocity vector" for the moving box (i.e it moves in a certain direction ...

Bounding Box (API bugs)
Hi all, I tried to write a bounding box to measure the overall body size. But I found there are some error on bounding box function in PartDoc object or Body2 object. Both of them can just measure a part or body which is align the Global Coordinate System. If you try to create a Cube , which is not align the global X axis , Y or Z, the bounding box will return an incorrect values. Most of real part design will not use default (Top, Front, Right plane) plane, to start the design, some designer will create a rotated plane (let's say 30 degree) first, and then based on this plane to start ...

graphic's bounding box
Hi, I have problem in adding a logo to a letter head. pdflatex said i have no bounding box. can anyone help me to solve the problem? Thanks! regards dee dee schrieb: > Hi, > > I have problem in adding a logo to a letter head. > pdflatex said i have no bounding box. > can anyone help me to solve the problem? > Convert the graphic file to one of the following formats: .pdf, .png, .jpg If this doesn't help send a small example which shows what you have done. ....Rolf ...

Graphics bounding box in source coordinates?
Is there some way of getting the bounding box of Graphics in the source coordinate system? For example, Show can be used to display an array of objects on top of each other: showObj[z_]:=Graphics[{Circle[{z,z},z]}] objs=showObj/@Range[5]; Show[objs] But I want to display them side by side. The following can be used to offset each object by a fixed interval: graphicsArray[g_,x_]:=Graphics[MapIndexed[Translate[#1,{x (First[#2]-1),0}]&,First/@g]] graphicsArray[objs,5] But I would like the gaps between each object to be of fixed size. So I want a version of graphicsArray which d...

Compute bounding box of arbitrary graphics
How can you compute the bounding box (rectangle) of an arbitrary block of graphics commands - specifically, a Windows metafile converted to PostScript by the Adobe PDF driver or any other PostScript printer driver? This sequence of graphics commands may contain any PostScript command, including gsave/grestore, so simply getting the clipping rectangle will not work. Is there some trick to doing this? Can something be embedded in the metafile such that, when converted, the bounding box rectangle will be available in the output? Right now, I have a kludge where I draw a diagonal line which...

Bounding Box
Anyone know of a way to use the results of the model size measurement (bounding box) in a relation or analysis feature? I need to have the overall size of an assembly returned as a value, preferably in the 3 axes. Thanks. I don't know if you can do it the way you say, but you can slap datum curves along the extents of the model, align them to the model extents and dimension them (the dimensions will appear as extras) then use relations to push the dimensions into parameters which you can use. This is not a robust method, there must be a more elegant way to achieve this &...

Bounding Box

Bounding box?
Is there a utility that could tell me the bounding box of a TrueType font? I need to find the biggest font size that fits in a given vertical space. The utility should check also non-Latin codepages. -Pertti ...

Bounding box?
A program generates 3 files, stst.dat, march1.dat and march2.dat, and I have file 0.8 lying (a vertical line). I use this script: #------------------------------ gnuplots # gnuplot << eoi set term postscript eps enh 24 set output 'march.slab.eps' set nokey set size 1, 2.1 set pointsize 2.0 set multiplot # u_0 vs delta: set size 1, 1 set origin 0, 1.05 set xrange [0:1] set yrange [0:3] set ytics 0, 1, 3 set xlabel '{/Symbol=28 d}' set ylabel '{/Italic=28 u_0}' rotate by 0 plot 'stst.dat' w l lt 1, '0.8' w l ...

Bounding Box
Using SW3 I have two questions for consideration. Thank you to all are kind enough to offer help. 1) Since SW is smart enough to automatically create a bounding box around a component, is there a way to access and use the size of this box for a BOM Material Size entry? Right now I am linking each xyz dim to a Special Property. 2) Can a macro be written that will link a part on sheet 2,3,etc. to the BOM Item# on sheet 1? If so, I would like to discuss $$ for someone to do it for me. This is why: I always use multiple sheets and include an informational Block with each of several items deta...

graphics and bounds
hi there, I'm a long-time fan of linux f77 and have two queries (3 actually) : 1- is there anyway to produces graphics apart from making a system call to some external prog like gnuplot or xmgr ? 2 - are there compiling options to produces arrays bound checks ? are these reliable ? 3 - if f77 compiles, links and produces and executable, what is a makefile for ?? thanks :) ! G. In a previous article, rafat@caramail.com wrote: >hi there, >I'm a long-time fan of linux f77 and have two queries (3 actually) : >1- is there anyway to produces graphics apart from making a system call...

bounding boxes
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a good explanation of minimal bounding boxes creation. I found some mathematical papers f.e. at www.magic-software.com, but they're a little bit too tough. Please, help if you know any other. regards - m z - "Micha�" <firewire1@wp.pl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c0algb$nkn$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hi everyone! > > I'm looking for a good explanation of minimal bounding boxes > creation. I found some mathematical papers f.e. at > www.magic-software.com, but they're a little bit too tough. Pleas...

Bounding box
Please kindly help me, I want to find the bounding box from an inverted binary image from a signature recognition, I'm confused ...

Web resources about - bounding box - comp.graphics.api.inventor

Bounding mine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bounding mine is an anti-personnel mine designed to be used in open areas. When tripped, a small propelling charge launches the body of the ...

MIT Researchers Implement Algorithm For Bounding in Robotic Cheetah (VIDEO)
MIT researchers have created an algorithm for bounding that they've successfully implemented in a robotic cheetah, a four-legged assemblage of ...

Happy Bounding Dog
Submitted by: Unknown Tagged: cute , bounding , happy , dog Share on Facebook

HTC profits leaping and bounding up, Peter Chou promises tablet and production expansion
HTC's fourth quarter of 2010 has gone exactly the same way as the first three: the company reports a 160 percent rise in profits (to

Bounding Toward Your Face This July: Katy Perry’s Boobs, in 3D
Folks who enjoy experiencing Katy Perry on screens of various sizes, in fields of various dimensions are in for a treat this summer: she's coming ...

Bounding Baby Goats Try To Get Cat's Attention, But Kitty Ain't Having It
You can't impress everybody especially not Moo, the barn cat. A video uploaded to YouTube features 1-week-old goat kids Lady Bug and Princess ...

Shut it down. This sofa-bounding tiger cub is the best thing you'll see today.
This one pretty much does what it says on the tin, people. It's a tiger cub, leaping around clumsily from couch to couch and eliciting chase-me-chase-me ...

Over the Bounding Pond
A. "Your writer can rest assured: Stuart Little and other model boat enthusiasts can indeed sail their own model boats on the Conservatory Water," ...

Over the Bounding Pond
Q. Recently I passed the Central Park boat pond and noticed that all the model sailboats were guided by control boxes operated by youngsters ...