"OpenGL: Can't find suitable visual"

I have a Linux machine that had a Matrox card in it but that was
temporarily replaced by an nVidia. It's back to the Matrox now and the
nVidia driver removed, but when a needed graphics program is run it
throws:
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
moe: WT fatal error: OpenGL: Can't find suitable visual

I've replaced all the OpenGL packages but that didn't change the
error.Anyone know what else the nVidia driver changes or if something
else could cause this error?

I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help.
0
bwelch100
5/19/2004 11:35:42 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7074 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

ben wrote:
> I have a Linux machine that had a Matrox card in it but that was
> temporarily replaced by an nVidia. It's back to the Matrox now and the
> nVidia driver removed, but when a needed graphics program is run it
> throws:
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> moe: WT fatal error: OpenGL: Can't find suitable visual

check section "Module" /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
starting .log of x-server should make it more clear.

-L

0
Libor
5/20/2004 8:28:22 AM
ben wrote:

> I've replaced all the OpenGL packages but that didn't change the
> error.Anyone know what else the nVidia driver changes or if something
> else could cause this error?

Check for Load "dri" without # in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. To use Nvidia
drivers this entry must be commented by a #.
--
Bye,
Colossus