elliptic movement?

I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght of
the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that runs from
0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on an ellipsis
based on this parameter?

0
mlt
2/28/2009 7:54:15 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7074 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

mlt a �crit :
> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght
> of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that
> runs from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on
> an ellipsis based on this parameter?

Hi
That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
x=a.cost
y=b.sint
where a and b are the half axis.
Hope this helps
Cathy
0
Cathy
2/28/2009 9:03:29 PM
"Cathy" <no@no.fr> wrote in message
> mlt a �crit :
>> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght
>> of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that runs
>> from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on an
>> ellipsis based on this parameter?
>
> Hi
> That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
> ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
> x=a.cost
> y=b.sint

What does "." mean? Is it multiply:

x = a*cos(t)

?

0
mlt
3/1/2009 9:42:39 AM
mlt a �crit :

> "Cathy" <no@no.fr> wrote in message
>> mlt a �crit :
>>> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the
>>> lenght of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time
>>> variable that runs from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the
>>> point position on an ellipsis based on this parameter?
>>
>> Hi
>> That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
>> ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
>> x=a.cost
>> y=b.sint
>
> What does "." mean? Is it multiply:
>
> x = a*cos(t)
>
> ?

Hum... sorry, yes the dot means multiply.
0
Cathy

status of Fortran API to Vulkan graphics (the "new" openGL)
As many might know, Vulkan has been released 2 days ago on Feb 16, 2016: https://www.khronos.org/news/archives "The Khronos Group announces the immediate availability of the Vulkan 1.0 royalty-free, open standard API specification. Vulkan provides high-efficiency, cross-platform access to graphics and compute on modern GPUs" This is the "new" openGL, called Vulkan. Any one knows if there is any work by any one or company to make a Fortran thin API for Vulkan? The API in in C as it stands. --Nasser "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message news:na55m5$n61$1@gioia.aioe.org... > As many might know, Vulkan has been released 2 days ago on Feb 16, 2016: > https://www.khronos.org/news/archives > "The Khronos Group announces the immediate availability of the Vulkan 1.0 > royalty-free, open standard API specification. Vulkan provides > high-efficiency, > cross-platform access to graphics and compute on modern GPUs" > This is the "new" openGL, called Vulkan. > Any one knows if there is any work by any one or company to make a > Fortran thin API for Vulkan? The API in in C as it stands. The header files look fairly easy to translate to Fortran, but installation of the drivers failed, so I won't be able to do anything with it. ...

OpenGL hardware acceleration for the LabVIEW's OpenGL graphics engine?

JAVA graphic API
Hello, I'm searching a java free graphic API to draw chart / Bars / Lines for 2 series on a double (lef and right axis) ? ANy suggestion ? On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:49:58 +0100, <Jean Gillet> wrote: > I'm searching a java free .. I take it you mean '(written in) Java (and) free', rather than 'without Java/lacking Java'. [ ;-) ] >..graphic.. Best group for things 'graphic'.. <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg> >..API to draw chart / Bars / Lines <http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/computer-lang/java/gui/faq.html>...

Console graphics APIs
Does anyone know what graphics APIs are used for console programming (GameCube, PlayStation2, Xbox)? All three systems probably support OpenGL, and I can see the Xbox using DirectX. I'm asking because I plan on becoming a console games programmer and I'd like to know which I should learn first. //mike tyndall In article <1JudnbSKfsK4eI_cRVn-hA@comcast.com>, Mike Tyndall <swtyndall@hotmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what graphics APIs are used for console programming >(GameCube, PlayStation2, Xbox)? All three systems probably support OpenGL, >and...

OpenGL ES API
Can anybody please let me give some example code for 1) glReadPixel 2) glCompressTexSubImage2D 3) glQueryMatrixOES Any web site/link for the same would be also appreciated. Thanks in advance Ajay ajay.k@in.bosch.com ...

openGL for turtle graphics
I am developing a Logo-like turtle graphics system in the programming language J http://www.jsoftware.com/ . At present the system is implemented in a graphics system called "gl2". J is adopting "openGL" and I am assuming it is a much richer graphics environment. openGL likely includes sprites or layers or some other feature that would make managing turtles separately from the background much easier. There may also be openGL features for screen wraparound and slide controls for window scrolling. Are there any existing openGL implementations of such systems that I could ...

OpenGL api call ?
Hi all I am making some examples with openGL and I have one problem with two functions. "glGenTextures y glDeleteTextures." OpenGLLibrary>>glGenTextures: n textures: textures " Generate texture names void glGenTextures( GLsizei n, GLuint * textures); n: Specifies the number of texture names to be generated. textures: Specifies an array in which the generated texture names are stored." <stdcall: void glGenTextures sdword dword*> ^self invalidCall OpenGLLibrary>>glDeleteTex...

OpenGL API question
Most of the games, written for Windows, that aren't portable, use Direct X. Now and then, however, there's a game that uses Open GL and is _not_ portable... I am mystified why. Any ideas? keith wrote: > Most of the games, written for Windows, that aren't portable, use Direct > X. Now and then, however, there's a game that uses Open GL and is _not_ > portable... I am mystified why. Any ideas? Graphics is not the only part of a game. There are Sound, User Input and a lot of other potentially unportable stuff involved. However most game engines are very portable, and h...

OpenGL For Non-Graphics Processing
I don't know if it's of interest to anyone in here, but I thought it may be worth mentioning a product that uses shaders to harness the processing power on modern GPU's, as it might turn a few wheels in your own minds. "BionicFX announced a technology for music production that turns NVIDIA video cards into audio effects processors. Audio Video Exchange (AVEX) converts digital audio into graphics data, and then performs effect calculations using the 3D architecture of the GPU. The latest video cards from NVIDIA are capable of more than 40 gigaflops of processing power c...

paintComponent(Graphics graphics)
Hi=20 I hope I can explain this clearly without getting into too much detail as t= he code in question is a couple of thousand of lines. So to begin, I have = a JPanel to which I add JLabels and JComponents using JPanel's add() method= .. It works fine, but now I would like to print an image ON TOP of the adde= d JLabels and JComponents. For this I manipulate my JPanel's paintComponen= t(Graphics graphics) method. In it I have something of the following sort: paintComponent(Graphics graphics){ Graphics2D g =3D (Graphics2D)graphics.create(); g.drawImage(image, 200, ...

graphic inside a graphic
Hi everyone Does anybody know how to insert a graphic inside a graphic?? I mean, to add a small graphic (as a zoom for example) inside a plot. Thanks augusto try axes try axes check out the tool 'imshow()', then try to bring the figure in shape get(gca) and superimpose your graph - 'hold on', 'plot()', 'hold off' (Haven't tried it my self so far) Thorben The example below shows you how to insert a graphic (e.g. photo) into another MATLAB figure. I = imread('peppers.png'); theta = linspace(-pi,pi,200); figure; plot(theta,cos(theta)); gr...

Best graphics api for GUI?
Hi, what api would you all recommend for doing GUIs? Since I am primarily a linux user, I was thinking of the GDK set, but having programmed GUIs in Java for a few years now (which is exceptionally easy, but perhaps only because I'm used to it), I was wondering if there were any 'easier' (for want of a better word) c++ gui apis one could consider? Cheers, Ben BrianJones <brian@jones1611.fsnet.co.uk> spoke thus: > Hi, what api would you all recommend for doing GUIs? Since I am primarily a > linux user, I was thinking of the GDK set, but having programmed GUIs in >...

gforth: OpenGL Graphics Part I
---[ gforth: OpenGL Graphics Part I ]-----------------[07/01/2010]--- by Timothy Trussell ---[ Where We Are ]-------------------------------------------------- An introduction to implementing an OpenGL interface for gforth. ---[ What is OpenGL? ]----------------------------------------------- From the Wikipedia description of OpenGL: /-------------------------------------------------------------------\ OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) is a standard specification defining a cross-language, cross-platform API for writing applications that produce 2D and 3D computer g...

calling a graphics opengl program
Hi groups, I have written a program in opengl and i want to call this program when my xscreensaver gets called in such a way that the output of my opengl program should appear instead of any screensaver that is invoked by the xscreensaver.I want to know if we can do this,is it possible to do this or not.I would be thankful to you guys if you give me a reply. Thanks in advance, Bye. ...

Line width with Graphics I API
Hi, I'm creating applets using JDK1.1.8 which doesn't use the Graphics2D. How do I modify the width of a using Graphics I API. Any ideas? Justin "Justin Birtwell" <justin.birtwell@verizon.net> writes: > I'm creating applets using JDK1.1.8 which doesn't use the Graphics2D. How > do I modify the width of a using Graphics I API. Any ideas? You don't. That feature is not part of 1.1.x. You can do the obvious things like using multiple single-pixel lines to simulate a larger line, or filled rectangles. Or upgrade to a newer Java version. /Thomas ...

2D vector graphics with OpenGL
With OpenGL and the Common Lisp Application Builder project it is easy to create nice 3D animations: http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lispbuilder/trunk/lispbuilder-opengl/documentation/index.html (the lispbuilder-opengl-package will be released later at Sourceforge) But OpenGL is useful for fast 2D vector graphics, too, because drawing operations are accelerated by the graphics card. I've implemented a very basic SVG path parser (in 16 lines with lispbuilder-lexer) and used the SVG file from http://www.lisperati.com/logo.html for rendering something with OpenGL: http://...

the graphics and the concept of the graphic
Hiya all. everybody should applicate this type of guidelines This movement builds a strong visual link between the head and shoulders. If you get the correct relationship between the eyes, nose and mouth, you will end up with a good likeness. Our Pencil Portrait lesson explains and illustrates the step by step drawing techniques involved in creating the portrait of a young girl. At this stage, the drawing is no more than a set of carefully measured features that establish the final proportions of the portrait. There are three basic stages in the creation of the image...

OpenGL API and hardware acceleration
Hi, I am pretty new to OpenGL. After trying out a few examples, i downloaded the Mesa source code and looked at the 3D driver (ATI : r300) to see what operations are typically accelerated. I guess that this is not a simple task that can be done quickly with so many indirections in the code :-) Some are obvious where ctx->Driver functions are initialized by the driver. Then there are the software fallback modules vbo etc. also that initializes the Driver functions. For example, i was trying to see if the Vertex operations like glVertex2f() are accelerated. I was unable to find it out. Is th...

What about Lisp and OpenGL (or other graphics libraries)??
I need to include some displays in a program so I would really like to have an opengl library, like C++ does. However, from what I have seen on the net, there is no standard library and what's there seems more like incomplete patchwork. Anyone knows how to gain graphical capabilities using Lisp? do I have to code that in C/C++ and then communicate through ports or something? Any and all help greatly appreciated :) ghostunit@gmail.com wrote: > I need to include some displays in a program so I would really like to > have an opengl library, like C++ does. However, from what I have ...

Graphics--combining graphics
I am trying to create an animation of a piecewise function. I have a graph of a ball rolling and I would like to combine an animation for one equation of motion for the first part with another equation for the second part of the motion. It is easy enough to create the two animations individually, however I am stumped on how to combine them into one continuous animation. Link to the forum page for this post: http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10007#p10007 Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=10007]] ...

API to change the DPI of a graphic
I would like to use the FrameMaker 7.1 API to programmatically set the DPI of an image (a PNG imported by reference in this case) to a set value (eg 125). I was hoping I could use the property FP_InsetDpi against the SetPropVAL function, but that doesn't work. Any ideas? Anyone have some sample code? Thanks. David. ...

graphics APIs, consoles, etc.
For some reason, graphics APIs and gaming consoles are both discussed in this group. There's an interesting long interview with John Carmack and Todd Hollenshead that touches on those topics here: <http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0109.1737.15034.htm?Pa ge=1> -- --Tim Smith Tim Smith wrote: > For some reason, graphics APIs and gaming consoles are both discussed > in this group. There's an interesting long interview with John > Carmack and Todd Hollenshead that touches on those topics here: > > <http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200...

3D graphics API history
I'm writing a book on the OpenGL graphics API. In the introductory chapter, I'd like to provide a glimpse of the 3D graphics API world prior to OpenGL's introduction. Does anyone have any direct experience with, or references (papers, etc) regarding proprietary APIs of the 1980s? For example, Ardent's Dore, HP's Starbase, SGI's Iris GL, and proprietary PHIGS such as IBM GraPHIGS, etc. (I don't need information on PEX/PEXlib, thanks - already have that covered.) Did the Stellar GS1000 have a proprietary API, and if so, what was it? Please post any ...

Spinning OpenGL.Tk graphics
Python's OpenGL.Tk binding makes simple 3D drawing a snap! The default mouse keys for panning and sizing is left and right, for rotation it seems to be the middle key which is on just very few people's mouse nowadays. Of course I tried obvious and not so obvious shift/alt/contrl/mouse combinations- without any success. Is there a work-around? The docu for the binding is somewhat obscure and one has to guess a lot ;-) I haven't figured out yet how to use AutoSpin .... I am using Windows2000 Thanks for suggestions and may be hints to more detailed documentation. Michael Maybe ...

Web resources about - elliptic movement? - comp.graphics.api.opengl

Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The New Civil Rights Movement - A Journal Of News & Opinion On Gay Rights & Marriage Equality
An Online Journal Of News & Opinion On Gay Rights & Marriage Equality.

We May Never Meet Again: Movement 9's tribute to the music of Amy Winehouse
... and playing but little in the way of showmanship and audience engagement. We May Never Meet Again: The Music of Amy Winehouse . Movement 9. ...

BDS movement: Lessons from the South Africa boycott
Those who led UK's Anti-Apartheid Movement reflect on what new legislation means for latest generation of boycotters.

Protestants, economics, the "Social Gospel," and the Progressive Movement
The story of how elite Northeastern Protestants became interested in economics, and invented the idea of the Social Gospel at the turn of the ...

Jeremy Clarkson betrays Save The Manual movement
Filed under: Celebrities , Read This , TV/Movies , UK Former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has used his latest motoring column to call the 70 ...

Bring the smellin' salts! Trump is giving the conservative movement the vapors.
Bring the smellin' salts! Trump is giving the conservative movement the vapors. by digby Aunt Pittypat It's time to catch up with our friends ...

New Study Finds 'Racial Resentment' at Heart of 'Tea Party' Movement: 'BradCast' 2/11/2016
... out of New Hampshire and elsewhere and a new study finds hard evidence that "racial resentment" is central to the so-called "Tea Party" movement. ...

Free-range education: Why the unschooling movement is growing
A once-utopian idea – allowing kids to ‘discover’ their own education path while learning at home – goes mainstream.

Jesse Jackson: Bernie ‘Fought Back In Chicago’ During Civil Rights Movement
Jesse Jackson: Bernie ‘Fought Back In Chicago’ During Civil Rights Movement