elliptic movement?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght of
the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that runs from
0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on an ellipsis
based on this parameter?

0
Reply mlt 2/28/2009 7:54:15 PM

See related articles to this posting

mlt a �crit :
> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght
> of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that
> runs from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on
> an ellipsis based on this parameter?

Hi
That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
x=a.cost
y=b.sint
where a and b are the half axis.
Hope this helps
Cathy
0
Reply Cathy 2/28/2009 9:03:29 PM

"Cathy" <no@no.fr> wrote in message
> mlt a �crit :
>> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the lenght
>> of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time variable that runs
>> from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the point position on an
>> ellipsis based on this parameter?
>
> Hi
> That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
> ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
> x=a.cost
> y=b.sint

What does "." mean? Is it multiply:

x = a*cos(t)

?

0
Reply mlt 3/1/2009 9:42:39 AM

mlt a �crit :

> "Cathy" <no@no.fr> wrote in message
>> mlt a �crit :
>>> I have a point in 3D that should move along an elipsis where the
>>> lenght of the elipsis should be user specified. I have a time
>>> variable that runs from 0.0 -> inf. Any ideas on how I updated the
>>> point position on an ellipsis based on this parameter?
>>
>> Hi
>> That's not an OpenGL related question at all, but, if the axis of your
>> ellipsis is oriented according the Ox and Oy axis:
>> x=a.cost
>> y=b.sint
>
> What does "." mean? Is it multiply:
>
> x = a*cos(t)
>
> ?

Hum... sorry, yes the dot means multiply.
0
Reply Cathy 3/1/2009 4:23:24 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7097 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

movement
what would be the code to have movement along the same vector? Right now I have gaussian shaped dots randomly flowing. However, I would like the dots to always keep the distance between them the same. If you can help I would appreciate it. "Kimberley MacEwan" <mixedmicelles@hotmail.com> writes: > what would be the code to have movement along the same vector? Right > now I have gaussian shaped dots randomly flowing. However, I would > like the dots to always keep the distance between them the same. If > you can help I would appreciate it. Sorry, I have no idea wha...

movement

Bushism, Bushist movement is not a clown movement.
OK, we the Bushies are the very serious ape people of the new world. We love to wake up in the morning near some good smelly Republican wife, and leave to our daily war. Meanwhile the woman must socialize around the house, and then we the big mans of the new world come home with our big wounds aching all over our bodies. After such really hard days, we make many little Republican children, and eat the wife's big fat greesy cooking first, and... make some more children with pleasure, lots of pleasure, and there is never unhappiness around. Things are... Uhm. Real! Uhm. Uhm. Uhm......

intercepting keypresses, mouse movements, joystick movements.
Hi, I've been looking at autohotkey to do some different usability hacks for windows http://www.autohotkey.com/ one of the benefits of this language is it allows one to catch keyboard usage, joystick usage, and mouse usage inputs very easily at a global level or at application levels by watching applications for events within the applications. I was wondering if there were any python libraries that provided similar functionality before I went ahead with the project though. Cheers, Bryan Rasmussen bryan rasmussen wrote: > Hi, > > I've been looking at autohotkey to do some ...

elliptical integral
Hello, I am trying to solve the equation int(1/sqrt(sinx))dx=Ct for x where C is constant and t is variable. when i integrate just the first part it gives result in terms of elliptical function and I could not understand how to use that. However I am pretty sure that the result of the integration part should be linear. Thank you in advance. Binu ...

elliptic integrals
Matlab function ellipke(m) is limited to the input domain 0<m<1. I have to compute complete elliptic integrals with a negative argument. Help! Thanks. ...

no mouse movement
Hi, This is a good one. I have been getting no mouse movement/response on my pc for about 4 days now. Its as if there is no mouse. First, I noticed that the mouse would work but from time to time it would seem to freeze then gradually the freezes got longer and then it stopped completely. It would behave normally upon reboot, but gradually got completely frozen. It now does not respond at all. (If I shutdown and unplug then plug it back in it works for a while.) Here is the funny part. I got no response in Windows XP, until I logged in as another user. When I logged in it worked & then I...

Elliptical ROI
Hello, I would like to create an elliptical ROI on an image (I'm using a GUI - so this is user selected) that performs a calculation on the pixels in the image within the elliptical ROI. I would also like to be able to move the ellipsoid around once it has been created. Is there a way to do this in Matlab? Thanks so much for your help! maybe u could use rect = getrect; to select a rectangle and then use rectangle('position',rect,'Curvature',[1,1]) to create an ellipse (check help rectangle) another option is to use roipoly hope this helps, eitan JMM wrote: > >...

NoSQL Movement?
recently i wrote a blog article on The NoSQL Movement at http://xahlee.org/comp/nosql.html i'd like to post it somewhere public to solicit opinions, but in the 20 min or so, i couldn't find a proper newsgroup, nor private list that my somewhat anti-NoSQL Movement article is fitting. So, i thought i'd post here to solicit some opinins from the programer community i know. Here's the plain text version ----------------------------- The NoSQL Movement Xah Lee, 2010-01-26 In the past few years, there's new fashionable thinking about anti relational database, now blessed wi...

Movement describer.
I was working on a voice video description program. With this program movement in the webcam would be stored and described. (Upper body / Lower body) I am using a basic language and readpixel programming method on a scaled down webcam image. That would store the amount of moves beeing registered. Is there a programming jargon word that can be named and explained for Jesting? (I want to play (Mortal combat with the webcam. Shadow boxing)? (Usually people send solution in the natural way within millisecond) (Nature) (He is 'ing') (If someone has solution (scooter...

More precise movement
Does anyone know how i can have more precise movement of objects that are on there own layers? When moving small images you can only move an objects a certain amount and that sometimes is to much, i think that it snaps to grid which i do not want it to do. Does anyone know what i am on about and know a solution to stop this? Thanks in advance "Pauline" <tattrill03@aol.com> wrote in message news:4097dccd$0$98379$c397aba@news.newsgroups.ws... > Does anyone know how i can have more precise movement of objects that are on > there own layers? > > When moving small...

Camera movement.
With the camera you have many different ways of moving. Examples are: * Point of origine, point where I look at and a normal indicating the up camera. * You also have rotation around the camera axis. * You have rotation around the object * You have an orbit view to rotate arond an object pointing to the horizon of that object. My question, is there any good way, to create code in such a way that all moving options are synchronized? The problem is that I have too many choices, of rotating, and moving, and it is very hard to choose the best solution. Would storing the position, lookat positio...

Elliptic filters
Hi, I have a speech signal that has noise introduced at various frequencies. The FFt magnitude of the speech signal is of the order of 10 power 6 at these frequencies. The whole point is I have to remove these components. When I used an elliptic filter with a passband attenuation of 3dB and a stopband attenuation of 50dB, the magnitude at these points becomes of the order of 10 power 5. how do i reduce the magnitudes at these points to zero? According to me, if there is a stopband attenuation of 50db, it means it is of the order of 10 power 5 and the magnitudes should be of the order of ...

ELLIPTICAL WINDOWS
How how i create shaped windows in clarion. I can create elliptical window, I need more shapes..Help In article <8bd6d7cc9d071c6f9d312810f098e05b@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com>, sylvester@esponline.co.za says... > How how i create shaped windows in clarion. > I can create elliptical window, I need more shapes..Help You might want to look at these two products. Keep in mind the iAlchemy site is NOT FireFox browser friendly, so you need to view that site in IE. Product Description - Skin, MFG - iAlchemy, LTD Internet Link - http://www.ialchemy.com/_skin.html Product Desc...

Cursor Movement
Hi, Is there exists some function for controlling the cursor movement in C++. With control of cursor movement I mean, is there exists any function that let me to relocate the cursor as per coordinate values given by the user. Amar Prakash Tripathi Amar Prakash Tripaithi wrote: > Hi, > Is there exists some function for controlling the cursor movement in > C++. With control of cursor movement I mean, is there exists any > function that let me to relocate the cursor as per coordinate values > given by the user. http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/input-output.html#faq-...

Elliptic integral
Hello, does anybody know of a Mathematica program which converts an elliptic integral of the form int z^n/sqrt(P(z)) dz, where P is a fourth-order polynomial, into one of the standard forms? The reason that I would like this is to try and evaluate Integrate[ Exp[q*I*x]/(Sqrt(-A*Exp[4*I*x] - I*B*Exp[3*I*x] + (C+I*D)*Exp[2*I*x] + I*B*Exp[I*x] - A)), {x, 0, 2*Pi}, Assumptions -> {Element[q, Integers], A > 0, B > 0, C > 0, D > 0] but Mathematica won't do it in one go, even if I choose specific values for A, B, C, D and q. I believe that an analytic solutio...

elliptic integrals
Are there really no in-built functions to compute incomplete elliptic integrals? Or does someone have a pre-built routine already (save myself the effort of typing out and translating some NR code...)? -Jeremy. To answer my own question, it looks like there is with the IMSL license. Oh well. -Jeremy. On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Jeremy Bailin wrote: > Are there really no in-built functions to compute incomplete elliptic integrals? Or does someone have a pre-built routine already (save myself the effort of typing out and translating some NR code...)? > > -Jeremy. > Have ...

more movement in fsolve
Hi, i'm running an fsolve routine but the independent variables are not moving far at all from their original values. How can I allow the vector x to move further from its original point? ...

Movement limits
Hi, Does anybody know how to configure a certain fixed movement distance in an assembly? Maybe I am doing something wrong, but what I want to achieve is: Example: - I mate a cylindric rod (shaft) and with a let us say cube with a shaft dia hole. - concentric - ok, when I make a free drag I can go with a shaft up and down in infinity... - well I want to have limited drag in a defined distance The point is that I want to have limits in movement of certain parts in assembly, how do I accomplish that? Thanks. Oz Distance Limit mates Read help or get training. matt "yozotrinity...

Elliptical path ?
A girl i know, who is going to do her degree thesis, asked me to animate an atom for her powerpoint dissertation. "Atomic" realism is not required, but i was wondering about the elliptical motion path of the electrons. Doing a rotation is easy, but i don't have a clue how to realize the elliptical motion. I know that a real electron should probably follow a circulator motion, but an elliptical one is more "cinematic" :) Suggestions ? -- Gareth Jax Ihgger #7*3*2 Indegno Neurone della Mente alveare Big Bad of Con-Fu Fighting Gareth Jax wrote: | A girl i know, w...

Elliptical Arc
Hi, I have an elliptical arc in a graphic system that is defined based on the following: Start point P1(x1,y1,1.0) End point P2(x2,y2,1.0) Center Point C(Cx,Xy, w) Direction Clock Wise/Counter Clockwise I can get additional points on the arc (if the arc length is greather than 2) Given this information I need obtain obtain the additional properties of the ellipse Start point P1(x1,y1,1.0) (same) End point P2(x2,y2,1.0) (same) Center Point C(Cx,Xy, w)(same) Semi Major Axis a Semi Minor Axis b Orientation Theta direction Clock Wise/Counter Clockwise The following image...

cursor movement
Hello, On a dynamically updating XY plot, I have two cursors so that the user can intergrate between the two x points. The trouble is the cursor keeps moving to the right with the next point being plotted. ( I am using "Snap to Point" on the cursor. How do I stop the cursor from auto-updating (moving to the right?). The only movement I want on the cursor is the one the user makes using the mouse or the cursor legend. Thanks, KB Hi, Try using "free" lock style for the cursor. This will fix the X and Y co-ordinates of the cursor until the user moves the...

Curved movement
I am working on a 2D game in which I would like to move a sprite from one location on the screen to another but instead of moving in a straight line I would like the path to be curved. The starting point and ending points can be anywhere on the screen. Ideally adjusting the amount of curvature and which side of the set of points the curve occurs would be great. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:19:06 -0400, Bill <Bill@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am working on a 2D game in which I would like to move a sprite from >one location on the screen ...

Elliptic Code
Hi Does anyone have/know of a python implementation of the elliptic curve factoring algorithm (lenstra) which is both: simply and cleanly coded functional I'm aware of William Stein's code (from elementary number theory book) but I don't understand his coding style and the algorithm doesn't seem to work efficiently. For that matter has anyone come across any useable math/number theory packages apart from nzmath or aladim? Thanks Phil "Philip Smith" <as006d4848@blueyonder.co.uk> writes: > Does anyone have/know of a python implementation of the el...