How to hide the mouse cursor in a glut application

Hi,
how can I hide/show the mousecursor while in glut fullscreen mode?
I provide my app with textured cursors and I want to hide the real cursor
from the screen...

tnx in advance...
[sniper]
0
_sniper
8/28/2003 3:14:00 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7064 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

_sniper@libero.it ([sniper]) wrote in message news:<619c684a.0308280714.379885f5@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> how can I hide/show the mousecursor while in glut fullscreen mode?
> I provide my app with textured cursors and I want to hide the real cursor
> from the screen...
>
> tnx in advance...
> [sniper]

glutSetCursor (GLUT_CURSOR_NONE);
1
marcus
8/29/2003 7:19:12 AM
It works... tnx! :D
0
_sniper
8/29/2003 2:26:44 PM
[sniper] wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I hide/show the mousecursor while in glut fullscreen mode?
> I provide my app with textured cursors and I want to hide the real cursor
> from the screen...
>
> tnx in advance...
> [sniper]

for crying out loud! don't you have the fucking docs? I mean it comes in
html you can view it online, or whatever.... did it occur to you to try
and ... *gasp* ... "FIND" the answer by looking for it at the most
obvious place (glut docs) before posting here? It's a god damn library
call for crists sake!

-- Nuclear / the Lab --

-1
John

Hide Application bug
Sometimes when I use Hide Application (cmd-H) the app stays visible. When I click on the app's window, it hides then. After that, I can never get it to unhide. I have seen only 2 other references to this bug, a post on this group a couple years ago, and one on MacOSX.com. Both conversations implied that it was a rare bug and probably related to some unsupported system hack. I don't have anything like that installed. Any clues? In article <240820071232387985%jursamaj@invalid.com>, Jerry Barrington <jursamaj@invalid.com> wrote: > Sometimes when I use Hide Applicat...

Call for Papers Reminder (extended): IAENG International Conference on Communication Systems and Applications ICCSA 2014
Call for Papers Reminder (extended): IAENG International Conference on Comm= unication Systems and Applications ICCSA 2014 Draft Manuscript submission deadline (extended): 23 December, 2013 =20 Camera-Ready papers & registration deadline: 10 January, 2014 ICCSA 2014: Hong Kong, 12-14 March, 2014 http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2014/ICCSA2014.html The conference ICCSA'14 is held under the International MultiConference of = Engineers and Computer Scientists 2014. The IMECS 2014 is organized by the = International Association of Engineers (IAENG), a non-profit international = asso...

Mouse wheel don't scroll
My mouse wheel don't scroll in a linux world so do I choose a wrong mouse driver or I missed something? Dado wrote: > > My mouse wheel don't scroll in a linux world so do I choose a wrong mouse > driver or I missed something? No, the mouse wheel is the Z axis (much like your notmal X/Y), but programs expect scrolling infomation on buttons 4 and 5 (up and down buttons found atop and below the wheel). However, by default, the Z axis isn't mapped to 4 and 5 (what programs expect for scrolling) So we have to map the Z axis to buttons 4 and 5. Add this to the Input se...

Batch Applications
I bought a Panasonic Camera, DMC-FZ7. It came with software called PhotoFunStudio. This software allows BATCH affixing of dates to photos and BATCH renaming of files. Both of these features are very important to me. However, what is missing is the ability to add text directly to the photo. Also, I am not impressed with the font size that PhotoFun Studio uses to insert dates. Font is much too large, distracting when viewing the photo. It would be nice for me, (wishful thinking), if I had a software program that did BATCH features noted above and possibly a BATCH feature to add ...

New Mighty Mouse?
I just got a new 24" iMac, and I noticed that Apple seems to have changed the Mighty Mouse that comes with it. In addition to having a shorter cord (assuming you will attach it to the keyboard), it seems as if the side buttons have become much more sensitive. I find with the new mouse I am always activating Expose by accidentally squeezing the side buttons, which never happened with the Mighty Mouse I had bought for my old PM G5 or iMac G5 I am typing this on at home. Has anyone else noticed this? BTW, I know that one of the original complaints about the MM was the amount of pre...

US: Application Architect, Datawarehouse/Decision support, NSK, Business Objects (45282732407)
US: Application Architect, Datawarehouse/Decision support, NSK, Business Objects (45282732407) ============================================================================================== Position: Application Architect Reference: SMC01032 Location: Duration: Skills: Data warehouse and decision support systems architecture and schema modeling experience. Strong experience in NSK based data warehouse and Business Objects development. VB, Cool:Gen, or C and SQL experience preferable. Scope: Supports the detailed tech...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF Applications Eng., Mixed Signal bckgrnd, Board design; Perm (45333532406)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. RF Applications Eng., Mixed Signal bckgrnd, Board design; Perm (45333532406) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. RF Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01805 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: � MSEE plus 3 years RF design/product experience, or BSEE plus 5 years RF design/product experience � Communication design experience including knowledge of analog and digital modulation schemes (AMPS, GSM, TDMA, CDMA) is...

Simple Reminder Application
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C5A297.ACECF920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I want to develop a Linux application to run in the background to act as = a virtual alarm clock. I need it to autostart automatically when linux is boot, regardless of = whether I boot to a command line or GUI. (I will likely install Suse.) I will use C++ and plan to have an abstract class called Alert, which = will have inherited classes such as ToScreen, Alarm, Email/SMS and = ...

How to display a child element while hiding a parent

Why is my application memory growing?
Hi, I have a 64 bit 3500MHz box with 1 gig of RAM. Running SuSE 9.2. Stock kernel (2.6.8-24.16) all the latest updates. I have a problem. If I leave the machine on for a while, even when I'm not working on it, the /application/ memory fills. I find that the machine is quite sluggish if it's not been used in a while and there is HDD activity when doing simple things like changing desktops. I think it's related to a memory leak in a library:- I know it is normal for Linux to have full RAM (unused RAM is wasted RAM, blah blah) it's normal for it to fill the cache not application...

SPARK hide directive, hiding separate declaration.
Hello everyone I think I may have found a similar problem discussed when searching, but I felt that this problem is sufficiently different to warrant a new post. I am getting the following error code when using SPARK examiner: Semantic Error : 10: Illegal redeclaration of identifier foo. The error is happening because I have a declaration of a separate in a body that is otherwise all hidden from SPARK (using --# hide). The SPARK examiner cannot see the hidden declaration, so is complaining about the separate. Is there any thing like an --# unhide directive that would allow me to let SP...

Unable to Initialize the Report Engine Object in our ASP application. Please Help.
The issue is we are unable to Initialize the Report Engine in our application. Though the application is able to reference the 'recom100.dll' dll. Infact we are able to see the properties and methods of this report engine in the Object browser. BO Server contains a Report Engine Object that needs to be initialized so that we are able to retrieve its properties and methods in our application and use this in our application for our various purpose. The problem is that, the Report Engine Object is not getting Initialized Or Created, though it has the reference in the typeLibary...

US-NJ: Trenton-Senior UNIX Application Developer/Philadelphia
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is a regional job board serving all industries and occupations in the PA, NJ, DE, NY, MD, and DC areas. We offer a regional job board, online learning, and regional job fair events for jobseekers who live in our areas of focus. To Learn More: Job Board: http://www.JobCircle.com?source=ng eLearning: http://www.JobCircle.com/courseware?source=ng Job Fairs: http://JobCircleJobFairs.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Senior U...

Domino 6.5: "Hide paragraph if formula is true" not working correctly
We are migrating to Domino 6.5 so I setup a test server to check the web functionality of our database. There are two issuesI have been unable to figure out and cannot find on any of the support sites: 1. We use the "hide paragraph if formula is true" with the formula @username="Anonymous" to hide a login button and other text ( pass thru html) when a user authenticates. I also have @username != "Anonymous" to display other text for authenticated users. This all works great with R5 (5.11). It also works on the R6.5 test server, but only on the ini...

Catching mouse button ups and downs in the titlebar
Hi group, I am trying to intercept when a wxFrame is being dragged by the user (by it's title bar). I want to prevent the window from moving until the user drops it in a new position. I am attempting to build a docking system for wxFrames. I realize that I could just simulate a title bar on titlebar-less frames, but I would like to retain the look of the native OS. I'm currently working on WinXP, but I assume that non-client area events are not available on e.g. Linux or Mac OS eather? Thanks for any suggestions, Regards, Niels ...

New migration solution to salvage UIM/X based Motif applications
Hi, IST has just announced the availability of a new advanced migration solution designed to salvage Motif-based applications developed using the UIM/X User Interface Builder (also known as HP Interface Architect and IBM AIC). Once a popular Motif development tool, UIM/X lacks the fundamental requirements of a modern Motif GUI Builder such as Motif 2.1 and Linux support. In addition the code generated by UIM/X fails to meet the stricter standards enforced by the latest compilers and locked the application into a proprietary toolkit layer seriously limiting portability of application code. F...

Standalone Application help
Hi, I'm new to compiling MATLAB m files, and I would like help help urgently.. I'm using matlab R14 Version 7.0 (no, I don't have access to better versions) I have a GUI which is triggered by a function call panel1.m, which calls up other functions containing GUI components in other m-files. So far, during my testing of the mcc function, I've simply used the commands: mcc -m panel1 to compile the function. It seemingly compiles the file successfully and I obtain a EXE file. question1: the mcc reference says we can use commands like mcc -m myfun1 myfun2 - but my EXE file se...

FS: Kensington Turbo Mouse trackball
Kensington Turbo Mouse ADB, complete with manual and software drivers. $7 + shipping from 97124. http://picasaweb.google.com/simplepractices/FSLowEndMac#5355156614787425106 ...

The Next Big Thing in Applications
Hi. Just curious. The new dual processor G5s are staggeringly fast (and so is the latest generation of Pentium machines, not that I'd actually buy one). My impression is that very few people presently need that kind of speed and RAM, outside of highly specialized occupations and expensive, highly specialized hobbies. It also seems to me that the usual applications and games (games particularly) have become faster and richer in features, but these are only incremental improvements. It doesn't seem like any fundamentally new kind of averge-guy-consumer- application has become av...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. Application Eng., Analog/digital circuit design/debug, PCB Boa (45325257776)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. Application Eng., Analog/digital circuit design/debug, PCB Boa (45325257776) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. Application Eng. Reference: SMC01603 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: Experience designing and debugging analog and digital circuits. PCB board design experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills Strong problem solving skills. Familiarity with schematic capture and a...

Hiding ascii text in memcpy?
Hi, Is possible that memcpy can be used to hide const string value? D Dave wrote: > Hi, > > Is possible that memcpy can be used to hide const string value? You're going to have to tell us more about what you consider "hiding". Jacques. Jacques Labuschagne wrote: > Dave wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> Is possible that memcpy can be used to hide const string value? > > > You're going to have to tell us more about what you consider "hiding". > After the program is compiled, the assign valued of a string object still can be...

search cursor in pythonwin 2.1
Hi all. I am trying to create a little script(I think) that will basically use a search cursor. I am a GIS(geographic information systems) Analyst and in our software(ESRI ARCGIS 9.1) ESRI has implemented Python 2.1 as the scripting language of choice. In my script I'm going thru a dbf file and extracting NON-NULL values in a field. What I need to do with that is create a new dbf table with the values I found in it. Here is my sample code so far: # This is a basic script for searching thru a table # seeing if a field has a value, then writing that record # to a brand new dbf # # Import ...

offer mouse,keyboard and webcam
Dear Sirs, We are just the best manufacturer(Shenzhen DHtech Electronics Co Ltd) specializing in the research, development, manufacturing and sales of Mouse, keyboard, Filter for monitor, Pc Camera and Mouse Pad. Enclosed please find our latest catalogue and price list. Please check and advise. For more information, Please visit our website www.dh-ls.com. regards, Roy Hu Sales Manager Shenzhen DHtech Electronics Co.,Ltd *********************************** Tel:86-755-27589057 Fax:86-755-27571895 E-mail:internation@vip.163.com MSN:roy_harma@hotmail.com Mobile:86-13713841213 Homepage:www...

How can I make my SIT 2 application work with SIT 3?
About a year ago I built an application with labview RT 7.1 and SIT 2.Becauseof the limitations of that version of SIT I simply compiled a dll with RTW then used the "SIT Step Model" VI to run the model and the "Sit set model parameters (no server)" VI to set model parameters. The code I wrote ended up being an elegant solution and worked well.&nbsp; Now I would like to re-use that code with minor changes.&nbsp; Since the project is VERY time sensitive, re-writing the code to take advantage of the new features of SIT 3.0.2 is not an option. My questions are: Can sti...

FRU-Client MFC Application
This is a scheduled task--daily. From HP PSC2110. Does anybody know what this is for? The executable is in the folder HP | Digital Imaging | Bin. ...