How to render vertex map, normal map and color map

Hello everyone!
I'm trying to achieve 3D reconstruction using MS Kinect sensor.
I've already got the Vertex Map, Normal Map and Color Map from raw
depth map and RGB image.
Now I'm wondering how to render these maps(vertex map, normal map and
color map) using opengl.
Looking forward to your help!
Thanks in advance.
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7074 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Friday, 11 May 2012 05:20:18 UTC+2, Yuan Gao  wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I'm trying to achieve 3D reconstruction using MS Kinect sensor.
> I've already got the Vertex Map, Normal Map and Color Map from raw
> depth map and RGB image.
> Now I'm wondering how to render these maps(vertex map, normal map and
> color map) using opengl.
> Looking forward to your help!
> Thanks in advance.

There is no simple answer to that. Maybe there is a tool that help you. For example, it could be easier to import into Blender.

It depends on what your requirements are. Is it something you want to try once, and then don't need it. Or is it a production quality application you want to create?

If you want to understand how to program OpenGL, be prepared for a lot of work. There is the deprecated way, using immediate mode, and the modern approach, using shaders.

If there is no tool that helps you, the next simple solution is probably to find a tutorial with source code example you can tweak to your need. This is also where you have to decide if you want immediate mode or shaders.
On Friday, May 11, 2012 5:20:18 AM UTC+2, Yuan Gao wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I'm trying to achieve 3D reconstruction using MS Kinect sensor.
> I've already got the Vertex Map, Normal Map and Color Map from raw
> depth map and RGB image.
> Now I'm wondering how to render these maps(vertex map, normal map and
> color map) using opengl.
> Looking forward to your help!
> Thanks in advance.

That's not really an OpenGL question, it's a
general programming question. We can't really
help with that.

0
tooby (65)