my web site : opengl games and applications

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
and a few other programs that all use openGL.
You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
I would love some feedbacks !
cheers,
Sam

address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp
0
Reply samuel 2/26/2004 4:20:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

"berthelot samuel" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam
>
> address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp

very interesting.  You have similar interestst to me.  I also have developed
a retro space-shooty opengl game and a fractal generator.
My web address is:

http://allanmb.redirectme.net/main.htm

Allan

samuel.berthelot@voila.fr (berthelot samuel) wrote in

> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

If you really want to make your marble game shine, have a look at Marble
Madness... and improve on it. But not too much. Marble Madness is hard
enough as it is ;o)

On the space invaders one...

I didnt look at your code but is the game supposed to freeze momentarily
when the last alien is hit? I assume the rendering or actions code is only
supposed to work when there are still aliens present. Change that so it
works whether or not there are aliens. It will flow better.

Maybe slow down the star effects? Ive seen a couple coin-op games that did
that and I always found fast stars distracting. The eye tends to move to
the objects that are moving the fastest, so it takes away from the game
action. Also, the perspective of the star movement doesnt match the
perspective of the action. Might make for an interesting programming
challenge in the future to change the action to match the stars.

Include the usual keyboard commands for play and exit ('p' and 'esc').
'esc' already works as the game is playing, which is good, but it should
also work while on the menu screen. Also, 'enter' is usually the key that
is used to send commands, not the space bar. Little things like that make
the experience more enjoyable. You could also use a point-and-click
approach... just turn the pointer off when going to the game screen. And
be sure to turn it back on when going back to the menu and/or quiting.

Look on various internet various game sites for UI design and what players
see as the expected ways things should work. But if you do wish to use
your own methods, have at them. Just include some information that tell
people how to use them.

And... have fun doing all of this!
0
Reply Theo 2/26/2004 9:31:11 PM

berthelot samuel wrote:
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

Up the 'boro!

--
<\___/>          "To err is human, to moo bovine."
/ O O \

0
Reply fungus 2/27/2004 12:06:54 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7137 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications wit...

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications with in...

Connecting Web site to Application
Hey, I hope this is the correct place to post this. My Question is, I'm building a website which sells electronic scratch cards, the gut of it being java applets, what I want to do to send the data directly to an application to be processed. Or is there a standard for doing this (I have read bits on RMI and SOAP but do not understand them fully). The reason being I have to code all security aspects my self, encryption message digest etc. I�m sorry if this is a simple question but this is the first time I have tried web based programming and due to unforeseen circumstances I'm behind s...

opengl applications in a web browser??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B742F73799C35509DB4BC160 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63" --------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi all, I was looking for a way to run my opengl applications in a web browser. i knew that this can be done by running ActiveX controls(which I havent done myself), but requesting permissions using ActiveX makes the application limited only to Internet Explorer, and not in other web browsers. I use C ...

Test application for web site ?
Hi, I am new in the area of web testing and I would like to ask for your help please. I have an embedded system - a board which is being managed by a web site. I am looking for a tool to test my board SW using my web site. For example: - I would like to configure a web page form elements (such as checkboxes select, etc ...) and submit the page to the server. Then I would like to be able to read the results of the return web page (most of the time, read form elements values) while comparing it to pre-defined values. Where can I start looking for such a tool ? Thanks for your help, ...

Game trading web site
Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? I keep getting "domain not found" weird Linda "piester" <kids@sub.net.au> wrote in message news:bui3he$1cj6$1@arachne.labyrinth.net.au... > Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? > I keep getting "domain not found" > weird > Linda Hi. Do you mean : http://gametz.com/ I'm getting there without any problems. Cheers. Mad. > > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:58:03 +0000, Madeleine Williams wrote: > I'm getting there without any...

JAVA web site monitor application
Hi All I am looking for a simple Javascript that I can embed in a webpage that will monitor several websites to ensure that they are active. I beleive the javascript would have to connect to the specified website and check that it could access a sertain line of text from that website. If it does this ok then I need it to diplay a graphic (Green icon) if it cannot get the text because the webpage is unavailable or the text has changed then display a red icon. I need to check that the webserver is available every 15 minutes or so. If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be very m...

Free download game web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites.
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...