my web site : opengl games and applications

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
and a few other programs that all use openGL.
You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
I would love some feedbacks !
cheers,
Sam

address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp
0
Reply samuel 2/26/2004 4:20:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

"berthelot samuel" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam
>
> address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp

very interesting.  You have similar interestst to me.  I also have developed
a retro space-shooty opengl game and a fractal generator.
My web address is:

http://allanmb.redirectme.net/main.htm

Allan

samuel.berthelot@voila.fr (berthelot samuel) wrote in

> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

If you really want to make your marble game shine, have a look at Marble
Madness... and improve on it. But not too much. Marble Madness is hard
enough as it is ;o)

On the space invaders one...

I didnt look at your code but is the game supposed to freeze momentarily
when the last alien is hit? I assume the rendering or actions code is only
supposed to work when there are still aliens present. Change that so it
works whether or not there are aliens. It will flow better.

Maybe slow down the star effects? Ive seen a couple coin-op games that did
that and I always found fast stars distracting. The eye tends to move to
the objects that are moving the fastest, so it takes away from the game
action. Also, the perspective of the star movement doesnt match the
perspective of the action. Might make for an interesting programming
challenge in the future to change the action to match the stars.

Include the usual keyboard commands for play and exit ('p' and 'esc').
'esc' already works as the game is playing, which is good, but it should
also work while on the menu screen. Also, 'enter' is usually the key that
is used to send commands, not the space bar. Little things like that make
the experience more enjoyable. You could also use a point-and-click
approach... just turn the pointer off when going to the game screen. And
be sure to turn it back on when going back to the menu and/or quiting.

Look on various internet various game sites for UI design and what players
see as the expected ways things should work. But if you do wish to use
your own methods, have at them. Just include some information that tell
people how to use them.

And... have fun doing all of this!
0
Reply Theo 2/26/2004 9:31:11 PM

berthelot samuel wrote:
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

Up the 'boro!

--
<\___/>          "To err is human, to moo bovine."
/ O O \

0
Reply fungus 2/27/2004 12:06:54 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7102 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ test "cyber" <freefreefax@yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message news:28cc58bc-584b-46d6-a760-a2bba1d1c25c@b1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > > List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts > resources > http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources
List of free web site design, web site backgrounds, web site layouts resources http://www.geocities.com/freefreemyspace/ ...

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications with in...

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications wit...

Custom web site design, and web site templates
If you need a website for your home business, or if your in need of a template to create your own website, our company specializes in Small business or personal web sites . If you need a professionally designed website with a personal touch by people who know your web site is often a first impression on your customers, www.twistedwebb.com can help you achieve the impression you need. If your looking at setting up that web site yourself, we offer quality , professional web site templates as well. www.twistedwebb.com On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:50:49 -0500, "Tommy Webb" <...

RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: Articles for Web Site Designers and Site Owners
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:10:49 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: RESOUR> [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: Articles for Web Site Designers and Site Owners ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:47:34 -0500 (EST) From: David P. Dillard <jwne@temple.edu> To: NetGold <NetGold@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [NetGold] WEB SITE DESIGN AND PROMOTION: ISSUES: A...

Sites about web-sites ?
Hello, I'm not looking for sites about "web design". I'm looking for sites which discuss web-sites. In other words - rather than discussing the nitty gritty of code, html, css, javascript, etc., I'm looking for a web-site where people discuss things like - does the site achieve its "purpose". - how could that web-site be improved. For instance, I just registered with www.digg.com and right away I though of about 15 things I'd do to improve the site, such as: - a better more specific list of topic categories - allowing either html or bb c...

Connecting Web site to Application
Hey, I hope this is the correct place to post this. My Question is, I'm building a website which sells electronic scratch cards, the gut of it being java applets, what I want to do to send the data directly to an application to be processed. Or is there a standard for doing this (I have read bits on RMI and SOAP but do not understand them fully). The reason being I have to code all security aspects my self, encryption message digest etc. I�m sorry if this is a simple question but this is the first time I have tried web based programming and due to unforeseen circumstances I'm behind s...

opengl applications in a web browser??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B742F73799C35509DB4BC160 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63" --------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi all, I was looking for a way to run my opengl applications in a web browser. i knew that this can be done by running ActiveX controls(which I havent done myself), but requesting permissions using ActiveX makes the application limited only to Internet Explorer, and not in other web browsers. I use C ...

Test application for web site ?
Hi, I am new in the area of web testing and I would like to ask for your help please. I have an embedded system - a board which is being managed by a web site. I am looking for a tool to test my board SW using my web site. For example: - I would like to configure a web page form elements (such as checkboxes select, etc ...) and submit the page to the server. Then I would like to be able to read the results of the return web page (most of the time, read form elements values) while comparing it to pre-defined values. Where can I start looking for such a tool ? Thanks for your help, ...

Game trading web site
Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? I keep getting "domain not found" weird Linda "piester" <kids@sub.net.au> wrote in message news:bui3he$1cj6$1@arachne.labyrinth.net.au... > Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? > I keep getting "domain not found" > weird > Linda Hi. Do you mean : http://gametz.com/ I'm getting there without any problems. Cheers. Mad. > > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:58:03 +0000, Madeleine Williams wrote: > I'm getting there without any...

Recommendations for good Web site hosting company (for personal Web site)
For a personal Web site with modest throughput and interactivity demans, I'm interested in your recommendation(s) for good (cheap, reliable, Linux friendly, very little, if any, sponsor advertising) Web site hosting company (in U.S.). Thanks! Dr. Colombes wrote: > For a personal Web site with modest throughput and interactivity > demans, I'm interested in your recommendation(s) for good (cheap, > reliable, Linux friendly, very little, if any, sponsor advertising) Web > site hosting company (in U.S.). > > Thanks! > I use my ISP, ISWest at <http://main.iswes...

JAVA web site monitor application
Hi All I am looking for a simple Javascript that I can embed in a webpage that will monitor several websites to ensure that they are active. I beleive the javascript would have to connect to the specified website and check that it could access a sertain line of text from that website. If it does this ok then I need it to diplay a graphic (Green icon) if it cannot get the text because the webpage is unavailable or the text has changed then display a red icon. I need to check that the webserver is available every 15 minutes or so. If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be very m...

[News] Web Applications 'Replace' the Web Browser, Desktop Applications
The Web's unfortunate fetish with the browser ,----[ Quote ] | I like the way Google does it on my BlackBerry. Can I access Google Maps, | News, etc. in a browser? Yes. But I like having separate icons for them on my | BlackBerry. I like to think of them as distinct applications, in other words. `---- http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9848794-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad This is very true. The future of enterprise software: Bungee's in the cloud, for the cloud model ,----[ Quote ] | Open source and SaaS dramatically change the way enterprises consume | ...

using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files
Hi there, I wonder whether python can be used to simulate a real user to do the following: 1) open a web site in a browser; 2) printscreen, so to copy the current active window image to clipboard; 3) save the image file to a real file Any pointer will be apprieciated! Xiong On Mar 12, 7:32 am, "imx" <xiong.xu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I wonder whether python can be used to simulate a real user to do the > following: > 1) open a web site in a browser; > 2) printscreen, so to copy the current active window image to > clipboard; > 3) save the image file to a re...

Good News
Greetings All, I am expecting a brand new CD/DVD burner to be coming in any day now. What does this mean? It means, since I also upgraded the computer, that I can now burn CDs without making a large amount of coasters. It also means I will be able burn the 800MB CDs and I can do it in less time too. What does that mean for you? For those that have not yet gotten a copy of the Holme's Web Site CDs, I can now make them cheaper and pass the savings on. $9.95 for a set of 3 CDs. This includes standard shipping. It may be more for international or 'special' shipping....

Free download game web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites.
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...

games bonus win prize web sites
THEIR LITTLE SENSITIVE CLITS VIGOROUSLY RUBBED AND PINCHED HARD NIPPLES INTO ROCK SOLID HARD MILKY BALLS FEAST @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ http://www.gamebonus.com/partnership.jsp?main=muthssa%E2%8A%82=???????http://www.bidvertiser.com/bdv/bidvertiser/bdv_ref.dbm?Ref_PID=217316&Ref_Option=adv&source=119684886 http://www.cuteonly.com/?a_aid=7a45e7e3&a_bid=e57e7b80 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ http://pricesquantities.webs.com/ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ...

application can access by login in web site
Hi all, Please help me as possible you can. I will build java application that can access to web site that has username and password (login) the program can view sourse for page after login URL myurl= new URL("http://...."); URLConnection uc = myurl.openConnection(); /* it should be here access login username="name"; password="*******"; after submit, new page will apear I want this new page URL myurl2 = new URL("http://new page"); URLConnection uc2 = myurl.openConnection(); */ BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(uc2.getInput...

Suggestions for web site/application functional testing.
Hello everyone! My company develope and host a number of fairly complicated .NET web applications accessible using a standard Internet Explorer. What I need is some tool to do regression tests of these webapplications to check for changes or errors between different versions of these webapplications. I=B4ve looked at QuickTest from Mercury and it was right on the spot but the price is way to high for our company. I=B4ve also checked a few open source or freeware products but none of these were stable enough or were able to test the kinds of functions we use. Is there some less expensive alt...

Free computer game download web sites!
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...