my web site : opengl games and applications

Hello,
I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
and a few other programs that all use openGL.
You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
I would love some feedbacks !
cheers,
Sam

address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp
0
samuel
2/26/2004 4:20:02 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7072 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"berthelot samuel" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam
>
> address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp

very interesting.  You have similar interestst to me.  I also have developed
a retro space-shooty opengl game and a fractal generator.
My web address is:

http://allanmb.redirectme.net/main.htm

Allan

0
Allan
2/26/2004 7:09:11 PM
samuel.berthelot@voila.fr (berthelot samuel) wrote in

> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

If you really want to make your marble game shine, have a look at Marble
Madness... and improve on it. But not too much. Marble Madness is hard
enough as it is ;o)

On the space invaders one...

I didnt look at your code but is the game supposed to freeze momentarily
when the last alien is hit? I assume the rendering or actions code is only
supposed to work when there are still aliens present. Change that so it
works whether or not there are aliens. It will flow better.

Maybe slow down the star effects? Ive seen a couple coin-op games that did
that and I always found fast stars distracting. The eye tends to move to
the objects that are moving the fastest, so it takes away from the game
action. Also, the perspective of the star movement doesnt match the
perspective of the action. Might make for an interesting programming
challenge in the future to change the action to match the stars.

Include the usual keyboard commands for play and exit ('p' and 'esc').
'esc' already works as the game is playing, which is good, but it should
also work while on the menu screen. Also, 'enter' is usually the key that
is used to send commands, not the space bar. Little things like that make
the experience more enjoyable. You could also use a point-and-click
approach... just turn the pointer off when going to the game screen. And
be sure to turn it back on when going back to the menu and/or quiting.

Look on various internet various game sites for UI design and what players
see as the expected ways things should work. But if you do wish to use
your own methods, have at them. Just include some information that tell
people how to use them.

And... have fun doing all of this!
0
Theo
2/26/2004 9:31:11 PM
berthelot samuel wrote:
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

Up the 'boro!

--
<\___/>          "To err is human, to moo bovine."
/ O O \

0
fungus