my web site : opengl games and applications

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello,
I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
and a few other programs that all use openGL.
You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
I would love some feedbacks !
cheers,
Sam

address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp
0
Reply samuel 2/26/2004 4:20:02 PM

See related articles to this posting

"berthelot samuel" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam
>
> address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp

very interesting.  You have similar interestst to me.  I also have developed
a retro space-shooty opengl game and a fractal generator.
My web address is:

http://allanmb.redirectme.net/main.htm

Allan

samuel.berthelot@voila.fr (berthelot samuel) wrote in

> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

If you really want to make your marble game shine, have a look at Marble
Madness... and improve on it. But not too much. Marble Madness is hard
enough as it is ;o)

On the space invaders one...

I didnt look at your code but is the game supposed to freeze momentarily
when the last alien is hit? I assume the rendering or actions code is only
supposed to work when there are still aliens present. Change that so it
works whether or not there are aliens. It will flow better.

Maybe slow down the star effects? Ive seen a couple coin-op games that did
that and I always found fast stars distracting. The eye tends to move to
the objects that are moving the fastest, so it takes away from the game
action. Also, the perspective of the star movement doesnt match the
perspective of the action. Might make for an interesting programming
challenge in the future to change the action to match the stars.

Include the usual keyboard commands for play and exit ('p' and 'esc').
'esc' already works as the game is playing, which is good, but it should
also work while on the menu screen. Also, 'enter' is usually the key that
is used to send commands, not the space bar. Little things like that make
the experience more enjoyable. You could also use a point-and-click
approach... just turn the pointer off when going to the game screen. And
be sure to turn it back on when going back to the menu and/or quiting.

Look on various internet various game sites for UI design and what players
see as the expected ways things should work. But if you do wish to use
your own methods, have at them. Just include some information that tell
people how to use them.

And... have fun doing all of this!
0
Reply Theo 2/26/2004 9:31:11 PM

berthelot samuel wrote:
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

Up the 'boro!

--
<\___/>          "To err is human, to moo bovine."
/ O O \

0
Reply fungus 2/27/2004 12:06:54 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7097 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications with in...

[ANN] AIDA/Web application server has a web site: www.aidaweb.si !
Dear Smalltalkers, Let me announce that AIDA/Web Smalltalk web application server now has its own web site at http://www.aidaweb.si . There you can find more information about AIDA/Web like tutorial, screenshots, benchmarks, download information and other. This is a wiki-like site, running on AIDA/Web of course and it can be edited as any other wiki. But public access is closed because of spammers. Anyone interested in providing content please e-mail me to get an account. Let me introduce it a bit more: AIDA/Web is a web server and framework for complex web applications wit...

Connecting Web site to Application
Hey, I hope this is the correct place to post this. My Question is, I'm building a website which sells electronic scratch cards, the gut of it being java applets, what I want to do to send the data directly to an application to be processed. Or is there a standard for doing this (I have read bits on RMI and SOAP but do not understand them fully). The reason being I have to code all security aspects my self, encryption message digest etc. I�m sorry if this is a simple question but this is the first time I have tried web based programming and due to unforeseen circumstances I'm behind s...

opengl applications in a web browser??
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B742F73799C35509DB4BC160 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63" --------------B73499120D52E9CEA47C4D63 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hi all, I was looking for a way to run my opengl applications in a web browser. i knew that this can be done by running ActiveX controls(which I havent done myself), but requesting permissions using ActiveX makes the application limited only to Internet Explorer, and not in other web browsers. I use C ...

Test application for web site ?
Hi, I am new in the area of web testing and I would like to ask for your help please. I have an embedded system - a board which is being managed by a web site. I am looking for a tool to test my board SW using my web site. For example: - I would like to configure a web page form elements (such as checkboxes select, etc ...) and submit the page to the server. Then I would like to be able to read the results of the return web page (most of the time, read form elements values) while comparing it to pre-defined values. Where can I start looking for such a tool ? Thanks for your help, ...

Game trading web site
Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? I keep getting "domain not found" weird Linda "piester" <kids@sub.net.au> wrote in message news:bui3he$1cj6$1@arachne.labyrinth.net.au... > Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the web site? > I keep getting "domain not found" > weird > Linda Hi. Do you mean : http://gametz.com/ I'm getting there without any problems. Cheers. Mad. > > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:58:03 +0000, Madeleine Williams wrote: > I'm getting there without any...

JAVA web site monitor application
Hi All I am looking for a simple Javascript that I can embed in a webpage that will monitor several websites to ensure that they are active. I beleive the javascript would have to connect to the specified website and check that it could access a sertain line of text from that website. If it does this ok then I need it to diplay a graphic (Green icon) if it cannot get the text because the webpage is unavailable or the text has changed then display a red icon. I need to check that the webserver is available every 15 minutes or so. If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be very m...

Free download game web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites.
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...

games bonus win prize web sites
THEIR LITTLE SENSITIVE CLITS VIGOROUSLY RUBBED AND PINCHED HARD NIPPLES INTO ROCK SOLID HARD MILKY BALLS FEAST @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ http://www.gamebonus.com/partnership.jsp?main=muthssa%E2%8A%82=???????http://www.bidvertiser.com/bdv/bidvertiser/bdv_ref.dbm?Ref_PID=217316&Ref_Option=adv&source=119684886 http://www.cuteonly.com/?a_aid=7a45e7e3&a_bid=e57e7b80 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ http://pricesquantities.webs.com/ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ ...

application can access by login in web site
Hi all, Please help me as possible you can. I will build java application that can access to web site that has username and password (login) the program can view sourse for page after login URL myurl= new URL("http://...."); URLConnection uc = myurl.openConnection(); /* it should be here access login username="name"; password="*******"; after submit, new page will apear I want this new page URL myurl2 = new URL("http://new page"); URLConnection uc2 = myurl.openConnection(); */ BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(uc2.getInput...

Suggestions for web site/application functional testing.
Hello everyone! My company develope and host a number of fairly complicated .NET web applications accessible using a standard Internet Explorer. What I need is some tool to do regression tests of these webapplications to check for changes or errors between different versions of these webapplications. I=B4ve looked at QuickTest from Mercury and it was right on the spot but the price is way to high for our company. I=B4ve also checked a few open source or freeware products but none of these were stable enough or were able to test the kinds of functions we use. Is there some less expensive alt...

Free computer game download web sites!
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites.!
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games http://www.geocities.com/freesharegame/index.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Good books on OpenGL and web site comments
Hi, Just wanted to know if you guys and gals out there can recommend any good crash course books for OpenGL. I am hoping to learn to use this with SDL so that I might be able to make my game engines multi-platform. Also for some of you with loads of spare time on your hands, would you mind having a look at my web site and tell me what you think. either post your comments here, or send me an email. WWW www.cyber-lane.co.uk Email Justin@Cyber-Lane.co.uk Also if you could give some ideas of programs to make and post on the web site, it would be appreciated. Thanks alot ever...

List of free download game web sites
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Free computer game download web sites #2
List of free download game web sites -- free games, free, games, freeware, freeware games, shareware games, free freeware games, free shareware games, classic, classics, freebies, shareware, downloads, old games, retro games, Free Games Net -- http://www.geocities.com/georgewarehouse/game.htm ...

Openings in an online game company for web application developers
Those who is interested in computers, games can check out a free massive online strategy scifi game at http://www.spacefederation.net This game is also looking for staff, especially those in the computer line like programming, development, it and Internet security. to apply, goto the game and click on jobs, or click on contact to send them an email to apply. they are always on the lookout for talented and passionate people, if there is no such post available they will make one for you. Cowly the Game player Visit some of the games I play http://www.gamestotal.com http://mmorpg.gamestotal....

What's up with Game boomer's web site?
I registered as a new user on their forums and got an email that I had to go through an approval before allowing me in. A full day and a half later after not receiving anything, I then emailed support. That was yesterday and still no response from them! Is this normal? Anybody have any experience with their forums? I see there are active people there. Are they some sort of a closed elite club or something? :P "DotCom2" <nospam@plz.com> wrote in message news:iqh7ot$vg$1@dont-email.me... > I registered as a new user on their forums and got an email that I...

Is there Amiga Web Site Where I can download Classic Amiga Games
Hello All, Do you you know any sites where I can download classic Amiga games like Lotus,Turrican,Lemmings etc.I have looked on the net but can't find any sites.Can any one suggest any sites where I can go to and download these classic games.Thanks in advance MS "Amigaman" <chrysleraustralia@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1118888044.608778.45620@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hello All, > Do you you know any sites where I can download classic Amiga games like > Lotus,Turrican,Lemmings etc.I have looked on the net but can't find any > s...

Speccy Tour 2003 web site is online, join in! select your games!
Hi Specchums For now, there are a few options online, only the signing up page and game selection page (note that for being valid, you must sign up first, otherwise votes will be ignored) In the next days, FAQ, previous tours, signed up players and other usual links will be put online. In the FAQ section we will include the questions like "will RZX be accepted?" and so on. As said before RZX will be accepted this year, the only thing to make clear is wether we'll do an unique official standings (if Philip Kendall and Jonathan Needle finish for September the work they are per...

[News] PCLinuxOS Opens Applications Store, New Documentation Web Site