my web site : opengl games and applications

Hello,
I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
and a few other programs that all use openGL.
You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
I would love some feedbacks !
cheers,
Sam

address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp
0
samuel
2/26/2004 4:20:02 PM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7064 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"berthelot samuel" <samuel.berthelot@voila.fr> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam
>
> address of the site: http://membres.lycos.fr/graphicsxp

very interesting.  You have similar interestst to me.  I also have developed
a retro space-shooty opengl game and a fractal generator.
My web address is:

http://allanmb.redirectme.net/main.htm

Allan

0
Allan
2/26/2004 7:09:11 PM
samuel.berthelot@voila.fr (berthelot samuel) wrote in

> Hello,
> I've put some of my projects online. These include 2 games (well,
> actually one game + a demo of another one currently under development)
> and a few other programs that all use openGL.
> You might be interested in looking at them if you are new to OpenGL.
> I've put all the source code available + doc and executables.
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

If you really want to make your marble game shine, have a look at Marble
Madness... and improve on it. But not too much. Marble Madness is hard
enough as it is ;o)

On the space invaders one...

I didnt look at your code but is the game supposed to freeze momentarily
when the last alien is hit? I assume the rendering or actions code is only
supposed to work when there are still aliens present. Change that so it
works whether or not there are aliens. It will flow better.

Maybe slow down the star effects? Ive seen a couple coin-op games that did
that and I always found fast stars distracting. The eye tends to move to
the objects that are moving the fastest, so it takes away from the game
action. Also, the perspective of the star movement doesnt match the
perspective of the action. Might make for an interesting programming
challenge in the future to change the action to match the stars.

Include the usual keyboard commands for play and exit ('p' and 'esc').
'esc' already works as the game is playing, which is good, but it should
also work while on the menu screen. Also, 'enter' is usually the key that
is used to send commands, not the space bar. Little things like that make
the experience more enjoyable. You could also use a point-and-click
approach... just turn the pointer off when going to the game screen. And
be sure to turn it back on when going back to the menu and/or quiting.

Look on various internet various game sites for UI design and what players
see as the expected ways things should work. But if you do wish to use
your own methods, have at them. Just include some information that tell
people how to use them.

And... have fun doing all of this!
0
Theo
2/26/2004 9:31:11 PM
berthelot samuel wrote:
> I would love some feedbacks !
> cheers,
> Sam

Up the 'boro!

--
<\___/>          "To err is human, to moo bovine."
/ O O \

0
fungus

[News] Free Software Dmoninates the Web (CMSs, Servers, etc.)

Web companion configuration
FMPro 6.0v1 Mac OS X I am unable to assign a default home page. If I click on Instant web publishing the "built-in" option appears in the value list but no others. If I disable Instant web plublishing the value list is empty. I have placed .html files in the "/Applications/FileMaker Pro 6/Web" folder but none show up. Also, I notice under Security the Web Security Database radio button is greyed out and not selectable leaving only Filemaker Pro Access Privileges available. Filemaker looks for "home" pages with the names "Index.htm" or "default.h...

Toolkits for developing Web Services in C++
I'm new to Web Services. I want to develop WS in C/C++. I've worked briefly in MS .NET and Borland C++ Builder 6. But they both didn't work well with my applications as they use some libraries developed in MS Visual C++ 6.0 So can anyone guide me about other WS toolkits that work fine with MS VC++ 6.0? It would also be of great help if you also comment on pros/cons of these toolkits? And also a comment on how easy the are to handle and work with. Thanks ... zeest ...

[WEB] my Web site was migrate
Hello, Musique.Atari.Org Web site address was changed... Please, don't use http://atari.georezo.net , but use now http://musique.atari.org or http://atari.apinc.org ... Music.Atari.Org was changed too, and it's now only dedicated to Atari music software : ATARI Music Software (AMS)... Please use now http://music.atari.org or http://atari.music.free.fr to go there... Thank you for your attention :-) -- Best regards, Paul ...

SW: BilliardGL game (OpenGL) for eComStation
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: egDESPAM@DESPAMecomstation.ru osewick writes: billiardGL demonstrates that simple 3d applications works fine on Core2Duo CPU without hardware acceleration. If the applications from Linux/Windows uses glut library then it's easy port it to eComStation. More about BilliardGL: http://ecomstation.ru/apecs.php?action=item&id=1258 http://ecomstation.ru/pic/news/201201/bgl1.png http://ecomstation.ru/pic/news/201201/bgl2.png ...

Facial Recognition Makes Finding Web Photos Easier
By Eric Auchard Swedish start-up Polar Rose AB aims to make it easy to find photos of familiar faces online, the company said on Tuesday, solving difficult Web search issues while potentially raising new privacy concerns. Polar Rose said it plans to offer free software to make photos searchable on both personal computers and across the Web by analyzing the contents of pictures with pattern recognition technology to locate specific faces within them. The company said it will allow users to annotate photos with descriptive details, harnessing the collective intelligence of the Web...

Best Job Search Site...
--_NextPart_00009763-0000005A-0BDBFB16-5EC4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you are looking for a job or know someone who is then check out the hot jobs section of http://www.2spendless.com! This site really helped me. --_NextPart_00009763-0000005A-0BDBFB16-5EC4-- ...

prospectus IT web web web
Join Scoop.it Login MultiValue News 67 MultiValue News “For all news and information for the MultiValue Community ” RSS Curated by Elkie Holland (Prospectus IT Recruitment) December 30, 2011 9:26 AM Elkie Holland (Prospectus IT Recruitment) shared this post on Facebook page. h<Ks<�x{<E� � �<�Q ��<Q#E�<A1 F�<�<R�-�<�� ��<���<�j �<�J4 =��  (=~3=TF ...

Abyss Web Server problem
A fter installing the Abyss WebServer, I find I can view the default web page on my internal network. The WebServe uses port 8000 by default. I can go to any machine on my network and enter 192.168.0.5:8000 and I then see the default Abyss page. However, to view the web page from the internet, dialling up with my laptop and entering my IP address XX.XX.XXX.XXX, the page times out. I am running the page behind a router and have set Port Forwarding to the machine running the Web Server. I have also temporarily dropped the firewall on 192.168.0.5 The only way to see it from the internet is ...

Matrix Games - Team Assault
Looks like we'll have some new products from Matrix shortly. Team Assault Baptism of Fire http://matrixgames.com/news/884/Teaser.Trailer.launched.for.Team.Assault:.Baptism.of.Fire. and some welcome official smaller scenarios for WITE. http://www.matrixgames.com/products/423/details/Gary.Grigsby%27s.War.in.the.East:.Don.to.the.Danube and it looks like a Conflict of Heroes announcement next week. Certainly desperately need some new stuff to discuss in here ;) Doug ...

US-PA: Mechanicsburg-Junior Web Programmer Analyst I
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Please reply to Steven.Wolfe@arcus.net w...

[News] Google Sponsors Free Open Source Games
Google Summer of Code supports open game developement ,----[ Quote ] | Some of the supported projects are related to linux and gaming. | These projects include: | | Thousand Parsec a framework for space strategy games, BZFlag, a 3D | battle tank game, ScummVM, a software to run old adventure games | and last but not least the two 3d Engines Crystalspace and OGRE | offer a variaty of themes to work on for the three month period | of the stipends. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1984 ...

Re: Click Fraud Threatens Web #2
>> Someone could make the argument that watchdogs have better things to >> do. But click fraud -- endlessly clicking on ads to generate cash or >> hurt a competitor -- is a serious threat to the web business, and no > Let sites like Overture and Google be held legally responsible for > fraud and watch how fast they suddenly find ways to plug the leaks. I don't know. Aren't these ads similar to 800-numbers? A company agrees to incur a minor charge (the cost of a click or the cost of a phone call) in return for ease in promoting a product? Who's ...

Best Job Search Site...
--_NextPart_00009763-0000005B-0BDC1E40-E23E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you are looking for a job or know someone who is then check out the hot jobs section of http://www.2spendless.com! This site really helped me. --_NextPart_00009763-0000005B-0BDC1E40-E23E-- ...

unlimited web hosting Reseller Web Hosting
To Day Unlimited Web Hosting and Unlimited Reseller Web Hosting is Most use full service for all.all hosting companys give better service http://www.clickhost.in ...

Calling Web Service from Within SQL PL
does anyone have any examples of SQL PL (ideally UDF) on UDB 9.5 or 9.7 , that is calling a webservice? I have searched and found some older examples that require turning on XML etender, but since that is depricated i dont want to write any new code that would us that.... ...

US-TX-Austin: RF MCU Applications Eng., Strong mixed signal, FrameMaker,, OrCAD; (45320257611)
US-TX-Austin: RF MCU Applications Eng., Strong mixed signal, FrameMaker,, OrCAD; (45320257611) ============================================================================================== Position: RF MCU Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01673 Location: Austin TX Duration: DH Skills: MSEE or BSEE plus 5 years RF design/product experience (at 900MHz and above). Hands-on MCU system design/application experience at the board level a plus. Strong mixed-signal background a plus. Strong written...

[News] Media Conglomerates Already Attack the Web's Neutrality with Caps

Web data query.
Hi All, I am trying to download many images from Yahoo. However, I want to use Internet Transfer Control by the description below: http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=149977&goto=nextoldest The code works well, however, the image location in Yahoo website is totally irregularly. That is reasonable, however, is anyone already see the regularity? Right now, my method is to give a start point, and then use WebBrowser control to query the data I need, and then feed to Internet Transfer Control. Some question: 1. By this method, I never know the images were completed download or not. ...

route to modem for web admin
Hi, I have a network at home that uses a linux gateway for the internet. I am using my modem as a bridged modem with raspppoe on the linux box as shown below: eth0 eth1 static ip 192.168.0.1 202.x.x.x internet -------- bridged -------------- linux gateway ------------- internal lan modem (192.168.1.1) my question is is there a way i set the route or iptable rule so that i can bri...

Web Programming
hi all, i am working on java-jsp application and using MS-SQL database. when i do any update operation using front screen(in html),it gets updated in the database but it dosen't show those updates in the front end. THE UPDATES ARE SEEN ONLY WHEN THE "EVERY TIME VISIT TO THIS PAGE" option in "Tools /Internet Options /Settings " of the toolbar is SET. OR ELSE I HAVE TO CLOSE THE BROWSER AND THEN OPEN A NEW ONE TO GET THE UPDATES . i can never know what option my client has set on his terminal. what could be solution so that my code will be independent of the internet...

Apple Games Disassembly Project
Now that I have a better Apple debugger, *cough*, I'll be pulling apart some of my favorite Apple Games to see what makes them tick. I'm interested in: * Map/Level Formats * AI Logic, Collision Detection * Cheats * Game trivia, such as easter eggs, number of levels in the game, etc. * Generating a _complete_ game map. I've already posted 2 snippets, Robotron, and Lock N' Chase. The 5 big games on my list are: * Lode Runner * Rescue Raiders * Aquatron * Pitfall * Montezuma's Revenge Other games that I'm also interested in... Gemstone Warrior HERO...

remote access of web component
Hi every1I am new to java EE . I have deployed my applications on Sun JavaSystem Application Server. I am able to access them through mybrowser using the following URLhttp://localhost:8080/web_context/alias_nameIf I replace local host with my IP address , still it works finebut when I try to access the applications through a differentcomputer , usinghttp://Ip address : 8080/web_context/alias_namepage can not be displayed message is there. Is there some other inforequired . Does'nt IP address uniquely identify a client ? can anyone please help ...Thanks in anticipation poonam wrote:> H...

web web web!!! hows the perl web startup market going?

TheHostFree.com 100% Free Web Hosting
Hello everyone, I wanted to that TheHostFree.com is 100% Free Web Hosting Provider. We offer for free: Absolutely Free Everything Hosting ! No Annoying ADs on your site! Hosting Packages includes: Free-5GB Free Web Space Free-10GB Bandwidth Free-Email Accounts Free-PHP5 -FULL FTP Access Free-MySQL Databases Free-CPanel 11 Free-File Manager Free- 27X7 Tech Support Free-Powerful Servers In article <3ff38abd-5413-4d2f-a2de-0838ade5f09a@v23g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, Troppy <troppy1@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone, I wanted to that TheHostFree.com is 100% Free ...