OpenGL 3D texture and GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER?

Hi all,
Is there any restriction in bordered 3D texture and GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER clamp
mode?

I have a 66*66*66 bordered 3D texture,
and I use
glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_X, GL_CLAMP_TO_BORDER);
glTexImage3D(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, 2, 66, 66, 66, 1, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
pTex);
I runed the program on a GeForce4 card.
but the program freezes with out error (glGetError() == GL_NO_ERROR)

If I change the clamp mode to
glTexParameteri ( GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_[S,T,R], GL_CLAMP);

then the program runs well,
though the edge color is used rather than border color.

If I use a 64*64*64 non-bordered texture and
glTexParameterfv( GL_TEXTURE_3D, GL_TEXTURE_BORDER_COLOR, borderColor);
glTexImage3D(GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0, 2, 64, 64, 64, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
pTex);
the program also runs well,
but I really need the border color to be some neighboring image color.

Is this a implementation problem or CLAMP_TO_BORDER is not supported under
bordered 3D texture?

0
malchut
5/25/2004 9:48:40 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7064 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Senior OpenGL Application Developer #3
What they will offer you: One of the best reasons to consider working at this company is the sheer diversity of their business and the level of experience, market- wide, you will gain. Not only will you have the chance to work with leading edge technologies, but you will also have the opportunity to remain challenged by taking on wide-ranging projects over time. The development teams are comprised of highly motivated, brilliant individuals and SW engineers who excel at overcoming system-level software development challenges. The culture is best described by the motto "Work hard, play ha...

3D graphics #3
Hi! I must make an 3D graphic: i made an vector to the line X(5 points) i made an other vector for the line Y(5 points) and i made an matrix with 25 points my problem is that...i have an graphic but it is not the right graphic the point of the matrix are in in the graphic but NOT IN THE RIGHT POSITION (X;Y),there is no a corespondent betwenn the matrix values and the x,y values.. CAN YOU SHOW ME AN TOOL ODER AN FUNTION TO HAVE THESE CORESPONDENTS also with an little example.. Thanks ...

How to connect betwen MATLAB Virtual Reality & 3D Studio Max
Hi All ; Please , I need to connect between MATLAB Virtual Reality & 3D Studio Max in details : I will input an external signal to a Simulink & Virtual Reality model then it is supposed that via link between MATLAB & 3D studio max , the input signal is processed to output a certain motion on a 3D model in 3D studio max I hope i have clearly explained my question Thanks in advance Hi Petro, If I understood your question you want to animate the object inside of 3D Studio using Simulink and Virtual Reality Toolbox. If that is correct, t...

win32, windows and opengl
Hi i tried to set up an opengl window without glut. I can see the window ;) but no objects inside. I can change the backgroundcolor...so i guess the window works fine. But i dont know why the data, in this case a read triangle, is not shown. I dont use the WM_PAINT mechanism. I use something like this while(1) { if (PeekMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0,PM_REMOVE)) { TranslateMessage(&msg); DispatchMessage(&msg); if (msg.message==WM_QUIT) break; } else { RenderScene(); SwapBuffers(g_HDC); } } later i want to create my own "renderthread" this is on...

Punch 3D objects
Sorry to intrude. Does anyone know a newsgroup where I can discuss Punch Home Design Software? If this is it, here goes... I bought Punch Home Design software, for designing house plans for myself. It includes many 3D objects in the form of .POB files which I can add to my design, such as tables, sofas, chairs, etc. Despite this, there are many more objects that I would like to add to my design. The software does come with a 3D Custom workshop where I can design my own objects but it appears very limited. I can't imagine desiging an exercise bike with it. The soft...

OpenGL from JNI on MacOSX
We have a JNI wrapper around OpenGL that we use for Java (until we replace with the Sun/SGI JOGL). This works on Windows and Sun, and I am trying to port it to the Mac. In the JNI code (which is in C), I have to load the AWT library, get the drawing info out of that, and get the version native to the mac. This is a JAWT_MacOSXDrawingSurfaceInfo, and inside it are: cgWindowID cgConnectionID cgContextRef cocoaWindowRef carbonWindowRef windowX, windowY windowWidth, windowHeight On Windows, we get a field called hwnd from the Windows-specific structure. On Sun, we get a drawable. This gets p...

3D Walkthroughs #3
3D Walkthroughs [ Url:- http://www.autocaddesign.biz/3d-walkthrough.htm ] 3D Walkthroughs is an efficient and effective marketing tool and provides the X factor to the sales and marketing people to wow the audience with. A simple design can be created into an attractive 3D Walkthroughs and uploaded on a website, or downloaded on a computer or hand held devices like a cell phone, or an iPod. Mainly used in architectural renderings these tools create three dimensional, real life colors and human emotions while showcasing the layout, surroundings, and dimensions of the pre or post deve...

plotting parts of a 3d matrix in 2d
Hi, I have a 3d matrix (x,y,z) and I want to be able to check how one component changes as we go through the x axis i.e. I want to look at the components (1,1,:), how do I do this? "Paul " <paul_flood@newton.co.uk> wrote in message <i2rgn3$e7p$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have a 3d matrix (x,y,z) and I want to be able to check how one component changes as we go through the x axis i.e. I want to look at the components (1,1,:), how do I do this? Hi If the matrix is called d, then >> d(1,1,:) will display the values in the com...

Re changing the grid of 3D graphs #2
Perfect, that worked! By the way, you may have noticed that I am "Re"ing the subject manually, because I don't see a way to directly reply to a message (I am accessing this webbased at http://news-reader.org/comp.soft-sys.math.maple ), but can only post a new message. This web-based system is also strange in that it doesn't allow me to view messages other than the 10 most recent (clicking "next" doesn't change the list viewable). Does anyone happen to know how to deal with this for the web-based system? Thank you! Tewdaj ...

OpenGL and Wine on iMac/OS X (x86)
Hello, first of all - sorry for my bad english. I need some help building wine on my x86 mac. I don't have any problems building it using the description on "WineHQ.org" but i have problems editing the script enabling D3D / OpenGL support Building Wine i receive the following warning message indicating that D3D / OpenGL support is disabled: "configure: WARNING: Wine will be build without OpenGL or Direct3D support configure: WARNING: because something is wrong with the OpenGL setup: configure: WARNING: No OpenGL" Is there any way enabling this 3D su...

How to display Geotiff image and Dted in 3D?
Hi, I would like to find out is there a way to display a DTED and Geotiff image in 3D using the Mapping Toolbox? Similar to those 3D view from google earth. Thanks in advance. Leon ...

accuracy of mldivide method in 3d
Hi. I have one question. for solving the Tridiagonal equation systems,is mldivide method the best and most accurate method? I think that in my code,mldivide in not accurate for 3d array. because,I have two program for 2d and 3d space.in 2d space,I used from mldivide and sparse matrix to solve tridiagonal Ax=b system.my results were accurate. but when I use from same procedure for 3d case,my result are false. is there anyone who know why my 3d results are false? I should note that: 1- in 3d case,I convert 3d arrays to 2d array and then I used from mldivide to solve Ax=b. 2-all of th...

UI in OpenGL
What is the best method of implementing a user interface in OpenGL? I am considering 'widgets' such as health bars and so on for games, and things like buttons. Is it best to draw these objects in 3D (using the ModelView matrix and standard projection, etc.), as close as possible to the screen, probably after disabling lighting and texturing? Or is there some more obvious/efficient method where you could draw directly to the screen buffer, a bit like GDI/GDI+ or similar? Thanks in advance. -- David Lewis David Lewis wrote: > What is the best method of implementing a user ...

plane dividing a 3d point cloud(indices)
with a point cloud indices extracted from a 3d array, I would like to cut a plane though it, dividing the point cloud into 2 regions. wonder if matlab has any internal function that could do that, or any direction would be great also. Thx Abe Lau wrote: > > > with a point cloud indices extracted from a 3d array, I would like > to > cut a plane though it, dividing the point cloud into 2 regions. > wonder if matlab has any internal function that could do that, or > any > direction would be great also. > > Thx Sorry. My crystal ball is cloudy today. What property ...

creating 3D shape
HI, I am trying to represent a 3D based on three vector (C,N,P) each vector gos from a minimum values to a maximum values in 50 steps: C = Cmin:(Cmax-Cmin)/50:Cmax ; N = Nmin:(Nmax-Nmin)/50:Nmax ; P = Pmin:(Pmax-Pmin)/50:Pmax ; I guess in 3D this would be a cube or rectangular prism I would like to represent the shape inside this volume with the following condition the Ratio C/N sould be between 7 and 4 the Ratio C/P should be between 75 and 190 any idea on how to do this nicely, "romain mauriac" <r.mauriac@hotmail.fr> wrote in message <gp8gk1$m5t$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

openGL screensavers in KDE have stopped working
All of my openGL screensavers have suddenly stopped working. I haven't changed any of my config files and now all the openGL screensavers are just blank screens. The small preview window is also blank when i am in the kcontrol/look'n'feel area. I can run kcontrol as root and all of the opengl screensaver previews are there and the opengl screensavers also work when logged into kde as root. This happened a few days ago when I tried to change the screensaver as a normal user by selecting the screen saver option by right clicking on the desktop but when I went into kcontrol the long w...

OpenGL
Hi NG, I am trying to install Websphere MQ for AIX, but the installation fails. from: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv6/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.mq.amqaac.doc/aq10550_.htm "Note that to use the JDK shipped with WebSphere MQ for AIX, Version 6.0, the fileset Java14.ext.java3d 1.4.2.0 requires the following fileset updates: a.. OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.base 5.1.0.50 b.. OpenGL.OpenGL_X.rte.soft 5.1.0.50 An error message will be displayed when you install the JDK if you do not have these updates." where do I look for these updates? Thanks in advance /Kasper ...

Rendering to an OpenGL context from another process on Linux
Is this possible? -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd. http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u "Jon Harrop" <usenet@jdh30.plus.com> wrote in message news:13o4vo6gv74969a@corp.supernews.com... > Re: Rendering to an OpenGL context from another process on Linux > Is this possible? > > -- > Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy Ltd. > http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u no, not directly, You cannot acquire or share an opengl context from another process. You can from another thread in the same process. -jbw "Greg Couch&qu...

texture coordinates, fuzzy image
'morning, i have a model consisting of a single 100,000-polygon IndexedFaceSet with a textured image (1000x977 pixels) draped over it (model is of seafloor bathymetry). I'm using texture coordinates to match the image to the model; it looks perfect. no problems. However, i want to be able to scroll through a series of images over this same surface; i've developed a script node to do just that. Anyway, for testing/development, i've combined two 1000x977 images into a single, side-by-side 2000x977 image, and then created a 2nd indexedFaceSet-surface whic...

3D Deathchase released.
Hi! Following the demo in January, the full version of this game has been released for CoCo 1/2 & Dragon. It needs 16K or more and also works on the CoCo 3, naturally. DSK, CAS and WAV files are available here: http://www.indigobanquet.adsl24.co.uk/coco/deathchase/deathchase.htm bye, James McKay. James McKay wrote: > Hi! > > Following the demo in January, the full version of this game has been > released for CoCo 1/2 & Dragon. It needs 16K or more and also works > on the CoCo 3, naturally. > > DSK, CAS and WAV files are available here...

3d plot from binary data with splot
I have a data file with 512*512 8-bit values and want to create a 3d plot with 512x512 points (equally spaced in the xy-plane). The height (z value) of each point should be taken from the binary data file. Plotting the data as an image is OK: plot "small" binary array=512x512 format="%uchar" with image What I want is something like this: splot "small" binary array=512x512 format="%uchar" with points But, what happens is that all points have a height of 0. The values of the data file have no effect. I also tried to add "...

opengl source code 42489
Hello, I need to find the source code of opengl because i'm doing a project for the university, someone can help me, thanks you.writeme@gmail.com a �crit : > Hello, I need to find the source code of opengl because i'm doing a > project for the university, someone can help me, thanks > source code of opengl ?? If you mean "source code for opengl" see http://nehe.gamedev.net/ and some other results of Google search about opengl. Otherwise I don't know (and I don't understand), try to see gl.h and glu.h If you are a beginner and you want to do something go...

OpenGL drivers
Hello, i would know if there exists an improved version of the OpenGL - drivers for the graphic Card GMA X3100? (its to work, not to play games) -the drivers are badly coded.. ...

plotting surface on 3d points
Hi, Suppose I have 16 3-dimensional points with each having different x and y coordinates. I want to plot them in 3D with a surface through them. I can use plot3 to plot the individual points but how do I become a coloured surface through them? Thanks in advance, Laki ptsiafla wrote: > Hi, > > Suppose I have 16 3-dimensional points with each having different x and > y coordinates. I want to plot them in 3D with a surface through them. > > I can use plot3 to plot the individual points but how do I become a > coloured surface through them? > > Thanks in adva...

Creating 3D Image Arrays
I am sorry, but I'm lost with labview right now.&nbsp; I am processing real images which are 768x960 2D grayscale images which I want to convert the data into a 3D array using several images with the end result to process and display them in 3D.&nbsp; My only problem is I can't wrap my head around Labview's array creation.&nbsp; I am confused as how this data is wired and which is what??&nbsp; Basically each page is a page of rows &amp; columns, which is the Z??&nbsp; When I initialize the array the dimensions, would I set it as 1,768,960, - 2,768,960??&...