Radeon 8500 graphics corruption problem

I am using Radeon 8500 card. I am getting corrupt image of the previous
screen while running pengl application. How to fix it? Anybody any idea?

12/12/2003 4:34:53 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7071 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"gary" <s.kulkarni@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am using Radeon 8500 card. I am getting corrupt image of the previous
> screen while running pengl application. How to fix it? Anybody any idea?
> -Gary

Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl
settings in driver.
If it still don't work, try to find a patch for this application for ATI

12/16/2003 1:04:39 PM
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:04:39 +0100 wrote "yooyo"
<nospam.yooyo@sbb.co.yu.nospam> in comp.graphics.api.opengl with

>Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl

Where would this be? Are you talking about ATI drvier 3.9? On their website
they have still 3.8, or am I missing something here?

Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of
SoftICE for Linux - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pice
Fast application launcher - http://sourceforge.net/projects/launchmenu
12/16/2003 10:45:17 PM
> >Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl
> Where would this be? Are you talking about ATI drvier 3.9? On their website
> they have still 3.8, or am I missing something here?

3.9 is on the ATI site... Check it...

12/17/2003 11:29:07 AM
Similar artilces about - Radeon 8500 graphics corruption problem:

Problem with and NDIS IM driver based on the PassThru DDK sample
Hi, I'm using the WinXP DDK and PassThru sample (in fact, it is the PassThruEx2 sample, available at http://www.wd-3.com/downloads/PassThru2.zip). I run the driver on WinXP Pro SP2. I change the packets PtReceive (e.g. increment TTL) and then indicate the new packet up the driver stack. The problem I encounterd is that the higher layer drivers seem to get the original packet (with the original TTL). Can anyone tell what might be wrong? Here's how I create the new packet: NdisAllocateBuffer ( &Status , &MyBuffer , pAdapt->RecvBufferPoolH...

problem #3 1103785
I have a problem of running this program (I am newbie in IDL...: When I run this prog (compiles OK) it should when I press the 'dismis'-button remove the value in the textfield named 'a0'. But I get always the error: "pointer type required in this context" can somebody give some help ? regards taejon ;**************************************************************************= **************** pro efgcalc1_event, event widget_control, event.id, Get_Value =3D buttonValue print, buttonvalue case buttonValue of 'QuitSofort' : wid...

Federated Database Problem.
I am running this command. db2 "CREATE SERVER <servername> TYPE DB2/UDB VERSION 8.2 WRAPPER DRDA AUTHORIZATION "authid" PASSWORD "pwd" OPTIONS( DBNAME 'dbname', PASSWORD 'Y')" DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned: SQL1822N Unexpected error code "-30082" received from data source "DBNAME". Associated text and tokens are " SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection I go into db2 prompt and I ...

function problem #2 264352
I know this must have some simple answer but I'm having trouble with this function I wrote. stdio.h math.h double relstr (double x,double y) {double n; n=x/y; printf("%f",(return n;));} I dunno. On 06/18/10 04:30 PM, Learning Learner wrote: > I know this must have some simple answer but I'm having trouble with > this function I wrote. > > stdio.h > math.h > > double relstr (double x,double y) > {double n; > n=x/y; > printf("%f",(...

Graphics / cosmetics
Hi! If you plot this f.e. (in Mathematica ListPlot[Table[{x, Sin[x]}, {x, 1, 10, 0.1}], PlotLabel -> "This is a long caption.", AspectRatio -> 1/5, ImageSize -> 1000]; - then select the just plotted graphics - you can see that there is a space between the left border of the selection and the y-axis(icl. labeling). Is there any Option to set this space to zero or to other values? I havn't found anything :-( Thanks for help, marko Adjust the ImageSize ListPlot[Table[{x, Sin[x]}, {x, 1, 10, 0.1}], PlotLabel -> "This is...

Virtex 4 ACE Compact Flash configuration problem
I am trying to program Xilinx Virtex4 evaluation board ML402 via ACE using Compact Flash card. Every time when I turn the device on the red LED 'Err' turns on. Dan wrote: > I am trying to program Xilinx Virtex4 evaluation board ML402 via ACE using Compact Flash card. Every time when I turn the device on the red LED 'Err' turns on. The CF card has to be formatted properly. Try if downloading one of the reference CF images from http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml402/reference_designs.htm works properly. If you must reformat, then use a Linux or Win2k machine, or mkdo...

New VI Template icon corrupted
Using LabVIEW Project (v8.2.1) in my case, you can define a "new VI icon template" under any of your *.lvlib properties, i.e., each *.lvlib can have it's own "new VI icon template". However, once defined and then choosing "New VI..." from the *.lvlib pop-up, my icon is "corrupted" by LabVIEW inserting an incrementing number (for each new VI) in the bottom right hand corner of my icon. Anyway to turn this off? Didn't see anything under options. Thanks, Bill Hi Bill, This is expected behavior. You are simply changing the default icon from one ...

Radeon 9000 or Radeon 9200SE?
Hi all. Is there any difference between the two? I have seen them for sale, the 9200 about �1 more expensive. Chris ...

problem parsing strings
Hi all! since I'am used to work with matlab for a long time and now have to work with c/c++, I have again some problems with the usage of strings, pointers and arrays. So please excuse my basic question: I want to parse a string like "3.12" to get two integers 3 and 12. I wanted to use the function STRTOK() I wrote a main- and a subfunction like: main() { int wl=0, il=0; char *StrIn; StrIn = "3.12"; printf("%s \n",StrIn); str2prec(StrIn, wl, il); } /******************************************/ void str2prec(char *str_p, int wl, ...

Radeon 9800 vs 9600 pro: Will I see much performance difference with EASports games?!..
Hi, I am gonna buy a new Pentium 4 and since I want to play mostly the latest EASports games I was wondering if I will see much performance difference with a Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 non-pro 128Mb compared to a Hercules 3D Prophet 9600 Pro 128Mb with those games. In other words, is it worth getting the 9800 non-pro over the 9600 pro for EASports games, or are those games not so demanding and will they run fine with all options on with a 9600 pro. I don't know how demanding EASport games are, therefore my question. Thanks in advance for all good feedback! Mike. The 9800 ...

Problem booting into service mode on powerPC 595 (aix 5.1)
Greetings... When trying to boot into service mode, I get the following: 0514-440 cfgcon: failed to create log file: check path name, permissions, and available space Testing sa0 Then I am presented the diagnostics menu. Also, running diagnostics gives me the following: 831-123: Standard Serial Port local chip wrap failed sa1 00--00-s2 sio0 00-00 Finally, I can boot into normal mode with no problem. I need to get into service mode to do a nim clone of another machine. Thanks in advance for any and all help, Lou Solot <lsolot@argoscomp.com> ...

dlookup problem #2
hi this is my code (sorry most of it is in french) Dim strFiltre As String, strCherch=E9 As String, R=E9sultat As Variant Dim strnumerovendeur As String 'Obtenir le nom d'un client strnumerovendeur =3D Me.Numero_Vendeur.Value strCherch=E9 =3D strnumerovendeur strFiltre =3D "Numero Vendeur=3D'" & strCherch=E9 & "'" R=E9sultat =3D DLookup("Nom_Vendeur", "tbl Livreurs-Vendeurs", strFiltre) Me.Nom_vendeur =3D R=E9sultat looks like a i have error 3075 : missing operator in the dlookup how can i correct it???? thx a lot... ugo...

Corrupt redo logs and datafiles
Hi all. I am new to Oracle so would appreciate any insight as to what are main reasons based on your experience that cause corrupt redo log files and data files? We had a corrupt sysaux.dbf file and constant corrupt redo logs that would stop our application since it was in archive mode and we'd get archiver errors. We tried creating new log groups and that didn't help. We had to constantly clear unarchived log groups,etc. to get it working. We rebuilt the database and used a dmp from the "suspect" dbase to import our custom talbles in our newly created db and tablespa...

Focus() problem 320485
Hello, I ask you for some advice. In this code I cannot focus (after checking its value) the input tex box. Normaly focus works well, but i think here is problem with calling the function check() from inside the element tag (event onChange). The cursor everytime after leaving the first text box (using Tab key for example) jumps to the second text box. Could you help me, please? Thank you, Honza ---------------------------------------- <SCRIPT> function check(prvek) { if (prvek.value != "asd") { alert("Bad!!"); prvek.focus(); } } &l...

SuSE 10.0 boot problems with CPU changed
Hi guys. One of my SuSE Linux 10.0 i586 boxes recently had its AMD XP 2500+ CPU damaged, perhaps by my recent overclocking adventures. The computer seemed to initiate a thermal shutdown soon after bootup -- sometimes even in/before the BIOS menu at stock speeds -- and the motherboard (Abit NF7) gave a two-tone siren. Whilst it is being RMA'ed, I took an old AMD XP 1500+ CPU out to at least get that box running, if more slowly. The BIOS detects the CPU alright and when I shelved the 1500+ it was known to work. Upon booting SuSE, I get a black screen and nothing else. Does SuSE require a...

[VxW] Re: OpenSSL for VxWorks build problems #2
I met with the folowing problem when I download libssl.a and libcrypto.a = to Tornado's VxWorks simulator: WTX Error = 0x1002e(LOADER_UNKNOWN_OBJ_MODULE_FORMAT). I think it must be the .a problem, vxworks supports .o and .out, but = not .a, how can I change the ar utility and make the achieve .out? BTW, I'm trying to port openssl for vxworks on a pentium pc. The = line I added in configure is:"vxworks-pentium","ccsimpc:-g -U__WINNT = -UWIN32 -U__WINNT__ -UWINNT -U__MINGW32__ -U_WIN32 -U__WIN32 -U__WIN32__ = -U__WIN32 -msoft-float -DCPU=3DSIMNT -ansi -nostdinc -g...

Problem with export AWKPATH
Dear All, I have a problem with export gawk's enviroment var AWKPATH. I have some function place in ~/lib/awk, after export AWKPATH enviroment var, it is worked to call function from ~/lib/awk here is screen shot fang@bash ~ $ tail -n6 ~/.bash_profile export NNTPSERVER='freenews.netfront.net' export LYNX_CFG="$HOME/lynx.cfg" export LESSCHARSET=latin1 #export LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.gbk export CHARSET=GBK export AWKPATH="/usr/lib/awk:$HOME/lib/awk" fang@bash ~ $ unset AWKPATH fang@bash ~ $ echo $AWKPATH fang@bash ~ $ source .bash_profile fang@bash ~ $ echo $AWKPATH...

c problem #2
i was trying to complie/run the n queens problem on bloodshod dev-c++(version4) as a c lang project but it gives a huge no. of errors which i cant figure out pls help the code is::: #include <iostream.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <windows.h> int c=0; int try(int); void drawboard(void); int board[8][8]; int good(); int main() { int i,j; for(i=0;i<8;i++) for(j=0;j<8;j++) board[i][j]=0; try(0); printf("%d",c); } int try(int n) { int i; for(i=0;i<8;i++) { board[n][i]=1; if(n==7&&good()=1) { c++; drawboard(); return(0); } if(n<7&&good...

This is a continuation of the post "debian 3.0r2 smbfs fails and module not present." I lost that post for some reason so I have to start a new one. What I have: Installing 3.0r2 Woody as fresh install for testing on both a Duron 1K box and an old Pentium 233 box (now I'm focusing on the P233 box). I have performed fresh installs with both the bf2.4 kernel and the 2.2.20 kernel. Both of those install and work fine. At Andreas Janssen's recommendation I re-installed the bf2.4 kernel so dselect could see that it was installed. Then I decide I want to install the...

Coyote's Guide to Traditional IDL Graphics Almost Gone
Folks, I just moved the next to last box of Coyote Graphics books from the bedroom into my office, which means there are only 40 of these books left. I have no current plans to do a second printing of these books, at least not in the full-color manner of the first printing, if at all. I will, of course, continue to sell the PDF version for as long as people want to buy it. There has been a small run on these books lately, probably due to the influence of the Coyote Gallery on the web page. If you have been thinking you might like to have one, this would be a good time to ma...

SetValue() and wxEVT_COMMAND_TEXT_UPDATED problem
Hi, I would like to do the following: I have two TextControls wich are subclassed to handle decimal values. There is a functional relation between them. One is a price with and the other without tax. What I want is if the user changes the value in one control, the value in the other should be recalculated immediately and vice versa. So I defined a EVT_TEXT handler for each control. In this handlers I use the control->GetValidator()->TransferTo/FromWindow() methods. The TransferToWindow() method uses control->SetValue() what generates an wxEVT_COMMAND_TEXT_UPDATED even...

"ChangeRoot" problem with WU FTP under SUSE /8
hi I had installed a wu ftp server version 4.6.1. with the chroot option. every user has its own home directory in witch he arrive when he logon. I have all the necessary folders like bin and etc in the home dir. Now it runs perfect, the user logon an he see ist own home directory. problem: when I remove the home dir and the user logon, he see as his home dir the server root / ! Thats a big problem, especially when the data - disc crash ! Could I config the wu ftpd in that way that he doesn't see the root /. The folders like /tmp or /home/tmp would be better to see. The best way would ...

Kermit/Xserver problem on HP49G+
After my HP25 and HP41 both gave up the ghost, I bought a new HP49g+ (ROM ver 1.23) and have been very pleased with it. While it doesn't have the same "feel" as the classic calculators, I think I will learn to love it. However, one thing is driving me crazy - I have been trying to get it to communicate with my PC via the Calculator Connectivity Kit. I was able to run the XModem server and download a file by going to the Apps | IO Function | Transfer and pushing the XRECV softkey (F5), but for the life of me I cannot ever get the calculator to go into Server mode with the [RightS...

ode45 Output Function Problems
I'm trying to use ode45 to solve a large system of equations, and I need to use an output function to correct the output after each integrations step. I accomplished this with ode23, however when I use the exact same system with ode45 (making a few adjustments for the different method) I get an error. The problem seems to be stemming from the input to the output function I've created. With ode23, the input was always a Nx1 column vector (where N was the number of equations in the system). I've been using N = 100 for test runs, and when I use ode45 I get a 100x4 matrix as the ...

D865GBF + Radeon 9700np
Since I bought this card (Powercolor), I have not been able to get it to send signal to the monitor at cold boot. I have to, every time, hit the reset button or let Windows 'reboot from bugcheck' and then it fires up the monitor. Every cold boot. Only one reset needed. I've narrowed this down to 3 possibilities: 1) PSU 2) CMOS 3) Defective card. Things I've tried: Reseated card, ad infinum. Update CMOS (from P07 to P08). Adjusted all settings in CMOS to various settings ( keep onboard sound/LAN/HighSpeed USB disabled). Swapped PSU's. Changed HDD/CD-ROM configurat...