Radeon 8500 graphics corruption problem

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I am using Radeon 8500 card. I am getting corrupt image of the previous
screen while running pengl application. How to fix it? Anybody any idea?

-Gary

0
Reply gary 12/12/2003 4:34:53 AM

See related articles to this posting

"gary" <s.kulkarni@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Radeon 8500 card. I am getting corrupt image of the previous
> screen while running pengl application. How to fix it? Anybody any idea?
>
> -Gary

Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl
settings in driver.
If it still don't work, try to find a patch for this application for ATI
cards.

yooyo

0
Reply yooyo 12/16/2003 1:04:39 PM

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:04:39 +0100 wrote "yooyo"
<nospam.yooyo@sbb.co.yu.nospam> in comp.graphics.api.opengl with
<brmvt5$fe6$1@news.InfoSky.Net>

>Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl

Where would this be? Are you talking about ATI drvier 3.9? On their website
they have still 3.8, or am I missing something here?

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of

> >Try newer drivers.. (3.9).. If it not help's try to adjust some opengl
>
> Where would this be? Are you talking about ATI drvier 3.9? On their website
> they have still 3.8, or am I missing something here?

3.9 is on the ATI site... Check it...

yooyo
0
Reply yooyo 12/17/2003 11:29:07 AM
comp.graphics.api.opengl 7062 articles. 24 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problem: Corrupted 3D style graphics + associated performance impact (and colours problem)...
Please can anyone shed any light on, and help resolve this very serious problem... &nbsp; Some time ago, at our company,&nbsp;we had noticed that some PC machines were exhibiting corrupted front panel object graphics in LabVIEW - shading appears speckled/mottled, and moving windows around leaves trails of lines from overlaying windows, and from objects being moved over other object whilst editing the front panel. &nbsp; Close examination shows that the corrupted graphics only affect the "3D effect" front panel objects that were introduced back at LV 6i - I've attached...

Corruption is corruption is corruption is corruption
It was obvious before Bush went for Iraq that he was doing something illegal. It was obvious that he framed! Bush was the greatest shock terrorist. Fine, reelect the daddy. Idiots. ...

Problems with a Radeon 7000 Graphics Card
I have the above card installed in my machine and it was working fine unil recently, when the hardware acceleration just stopped working. When i do a dxdiag it says the driver for the card is not functioning correctly. I have installed the card and driver(newest available version) and it is still in the same condition. The manufacturer is of no help. My system is a bit dated, its a HP Vectra VL400 P3 1ghz, running win98. If anyone has experienced a similar problem some advice would be great. Cheers Brinner ...

Problems with a Radeon 7000 Graphics Card
I have the above card installed in my machine and it was working fine unil recently, when the hardware acceleration just stopped working. When i do a dxdiag it says the driver for the card is not functioning correctly. I have installed the card and driver(newest available version) and it is still in the same condition. The manufacturer is of no help. My system is a bit dated, its a HP Vectra VL400 P3 1ghz, running win98. If anyone has experienced a similar problem some advice would be great. Cheers Brinner ...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Radeon 8500 Mac Drivers and Ghosting / Color Problems
I am having a weird ghosting/color problem with the Oct 2004 rom update. Gradients look especially bad. has anyone else had this problem? Know of any solutions? Also, I was looking to revert back to older rom versions and can't find a place to download them. Anyone have a copy? Thanks in advance Adam ...

Radeon 8500 Mac Drivers and Ghosting / Color Problems #2
I am having a weird ghosting/color problem with the Oct 2004 rom update. Gradients look especially bad. has anyone else had this problem? Know of any solutions? Also, I was looking to revert back to older rom versions and can't find a place to download them. Anyone have a copy? Thanks in advance Adam ...

FC2 Radeon IGP320M (U1) screen corruption problem: workaround found
Followup to my problem, which I initially thought was only in OpenOffice, but turns out to be fundamental to. Hardware: ATI Radeon U1 (IGP320M), on HP ZE4805WM laptop. To show the symptom: Open Mozilla. Type a long string of 'g' characters into the URL bar. Click somewhere in the middle of the string. Type a letter 'i'. You'll see some garbage to the right of the 'i'. Part of the 'g' that was in that space before has not been erased. Fix: Option "XaaNoSolidFillRect" NOTE: The fact that solid rects don't work properly probably means there ar...

Wattage date for graphic cards. Would ati radeon all-in-wonder 8500 or 7500 work in 230W PSU?
Hi! Do you know where I can find wattage data for various graphic cards? I'd like to calculate whether ati radeon all in wonder 8500 or 7500 would work in a case with 230W Power Supply Unit. a. ...

Wattage data for graphic cards. Would ATI Radeon All-in-wonder 8500 or 7500 work with 230W PSU?
Hi! Do you know where I can find wattage data for various graphic cards? I'd like to calculate whether ati radeon all in wonder 8500 or 7500 would work in a case with 230W Power Supply Unit. a. ati wrote: > Hi! > > Do you know where I can find wattage data for various graphic cards? > I'd like to calculate whether ati radeon all in wonder 8500 or 7500 would work > in a case with 230W Power Supply Unit. > > a. Your question can't be answered because you mentioned nothing about the rest of the hardware on your computer. With that being said, this website m...

[...]

Fedora2 and WinXP installation problem (not the XP corruption problem)
Hello, I've a 160gb hd , that I want to configure this way: 70gb for WinXp, 70gb 2nd ntfs partition, 20gb linux Fedora2 I tried to install Fedora2 alone, it works. Then I formatted and installed WinXp alone, and it works. Now I tried in every way to install Fedora2: automatic and manual installation, grub in mbr or same partition of fedora (using Acronis OSSelector as boot manager), force LBA32 and not, using 25 or the whole space left, I really tried almost every combination. But at the end, when I start linux (with grub or another boot manager), I only get: grub> ...

Bush: Corruption is corruption is corruption
He is pure terror. ...

Problem with graphics
Dear people, I have found the following problem. I have ploted f[x_, y_] := Sqrt[(x^2 + y^2)^3] with Plot3D in order to see how it looks. Then I ploted f[x, 0] (which is x^3) between -1 and 1 and I got a symmetric plot. It seems that Mathematica plot the function Sqrt[x^6] or (x^2)^(3/2) and evaluate first the symmetric term (x^6 or x^2)... Does anyone knows what it happens and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance! Lautaro Vergara Hi, when you Plot[] Sqrt[(x^2)^3] it is *not* x^3 it is Abs[x]^3 because Sqrt[x^2] is Abs[x]. If you need the other parts ...

DVD writing corruption (DMA problem? 2GB limit problem?)
I have having a bear of a time trying to track down problems with DVD writing. I have tried both cdrecord-prodvd (2.01.01) and growisofs (dvd+rw-tools 5.13.4.7.4) on two different DVD+-R/RW drives (Plextor PX-712A and Sony DRU-501A) with multiple brands and speeds of media (HP 4x, Memorex 8x, CompUSA 4x). When I burn an iso to a dvd, the burn goes smoothly without error messages, however, the dvd created is corrupted. Specifically, you can mount the dvd, list the files (which all appear and have the right size), and even read a few of them. However most of the files are completely corrupted...

Graphics Problem ???
Hello, I hav recently installed Solidworks 2004 onto my machine, everthing seems to work ok, however after creating a part and brining the part into an assembly the compiuter locks up....Thi salways happens before i can even place the part, ie, whilst moving it around..... Could this be Graphics card related ???....I am using a ATI Radeon 9200seriesGraphics card with 256mb of Ram Any advise would be warmly received Thank you Stephen Stephen, 1 - Go to the SW website under graphics cards supported and consider using the suggested driver. 2 - Install the latest driver for your card. 3 - I...

Radeon problem
Hi, I have a problem with my Radeon 64 Vivo in games. I never had any problem with it. But now, when i want to play a game, the computer crash every time, with the screen full of vertical line, for about 10 seconds, and then the monitor goes off (sleep mode). The games crash in the menu, or even in the load process, sometime a little bit later. Did anyone have any idea of the problem ? If needed, i can send you a URL with a picture of the problem. Thank you. Which games are you playing and which video driver are you using when it crashes? -- DaveW "LoSTMaN&quo...

Graphics problem
Hi all, if you would please look at this web page http://www.coxway.co.uk/trial you will see that the right side of the table containing the main picture file looks ok but the left side looks more convex than concave. I just can't get it to look right. I would appreciate help. With the right graphic ie. down the right side of the centre table, I used a fill, gradient. Did the same with the left but it looks wrong. Even used the right graphic as mirror and saved it as left but still looks wrong. I just want the centre table to stand out from the background. Any help would be ...

Problems with Radeon
Hi All After having swiched to console (using Ctrl-Alt-F1), TV-out or CRT (though I don't have a external monitor) and then switch back to LCD, the screen becomes very very bright and almost unreadable. Decreasing the brightness using Fn keys helps a little, but the screen remains very bright. Actually just after switching, from tv-out or CRT it looks fine but the mouse cursor is just a big black square. As soon as I move my mouse (either the pad or the usb mouse) the screen becomes brigth. After switching from console it is bad from the begining. Also the picture on the TV-screen becom...

Problems about Graphics
I used to paste the graphics generated by Mathematica on my reports written with Microsoft Word, but I also have two problem : 1. The graphics always become bigger than it is in Mathematica notebook, and I'll have to resize it to 85% so that it will looks just the same size as it is in Mathematica. But at the beginning as I used Mathematica there's no such problem; I can't remember exactly when this problem first happened. 2. The curves are not as smooth as they should be. No matter what I do there's always sawtooth with it. What should I do to solve those pr...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

Problem with radeons
I write an application which using display list which contain about 1000 vertex. This list "logo" is diplaying and rotating. My probles is: On gforces every thing is ok. Logo is rotating smooth and uses about 20% processor On Radeons logo looks like slide show and processor is using in 100% . Do anybody had this problem and solved it? wowiii wrote: > > On Radeons logo looks like slide show and processor is using in 100% . > > Do anybody had this problem and solved it? > > Sounds like you have software rendering. You need to look at your initialization c...

Graphics problem...
Hey there, I am quite new to C++ and am having a couple of problems with the graphics. So far the way I have been repainting the whole window is by forcing a WM_PAINT of the whole thing. To do little updates of the screen I have used GetDC and ReleaseDC however I am still having problems. When I have loaded the program up if I minimise it and restore it 3 or 4 times the repainting of the window messes up. It only happens noticibly on large windows so I have come to the conclusion that its some kind of memory leak but I have done what the book I referred to said. Can anyone help me out? Th...