how to disable warning in Maya?

Hi!
I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
"Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?

RC

0
Rita
11/16/2003 12:46:49 PM
comp.graphics.apps.alias 818 articles. 0 followers. temp13 (4) is leader. Post Follow

Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?

> Hi!
> I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>
> RC

0
Sal
11/17/2003 8:07:58 AM
Hi Sal,
I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
editor, any suggestion?
Thanks
RC
"Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?
>

> > Hi!
> > I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> > "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> > 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> > I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
> >
> > RC

0
Lazy
11/17/2003 9:34:44 AM
you should type exactly:

cycleCheck - e off;

in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.

What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.

  Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
really doesn't help).

Lazy wrote:
> Hi Sal,
> I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
> suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
> editor, any suggestion?
> Thanks
> RC
> "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?
>>

>>>Hi!
>>>I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
>>>"Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
>>>'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
>>>I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>>>
>>>RC

0
Sal
11/17/2003 10:28:00 AM
I am using "create animation snapshot" and "create animated sweep" to create
a roller coaster, and the warnings just keep coming up every time I open the
file. Thank you for your suggestions anyway!
just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?

> you should type exactly:
>
> cycleCheck - e off;
>
> in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.
>
> What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
> Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
> warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.
>
>   Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
> there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
> really doesn't help).
>
> Lazy wrote:
> > Hi Sal,
> > I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
> > suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
> > editor, any suggestion?
> > Thanks
> > RC
> > "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Ummm....what's wrong with using 'cycleCheck -e off' as suggested?

0
Lazy
11/17/2003 12:45:56 PM
I see, if it's a startup warning then entering a command at the prompt
will be after the fact. I occasionally have that problem with scenes
starting up and even my instructors have told me to just ignore it if
it's working.

As for Maya 5.0 scenes, unfortunately, Maya is not backwards compatible
so you cannot open Maya 5.0 scenes in Maya 4.5. Frustrating isn't it?

There *may* be a plugin that allows you to export a scene from 5.0 as a
..obj file (Maya on Win or Mac may have this built in, I'm using maya on
Linux and it doesn't) which you could then import into 4.5. However,
..obj is really only good for geometry and I don't think it would work if
you're trying to export an animated scene.

> I am using "create animation snapshot" and "create animated sweep" to create
> a roller coaster, and the warnings just keep coming up every time I open the
> file. Thank you for your suggestions anyway!
> just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?
>
> RC
> "Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>you should type exactly:
>>
>>cycleCheck - e off;
>>
>>in the script editor followed by CTRL+ENTER.
>>
>>What exactly are you trying to do that gives you this warning? Often
>>Maya will give a warning but still do what you want it to do. The
>>warning is certainly annoying, but not prohibitive.
>>
>>  Short of editing the .mel code for the cycleCheck proc, I don't think
>>there's anything you can do about it (assuming that cycleCheck -e off;
>>really doesn't help).
>>
>>Lazy wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Sal,
>>>I have tried to use the "cycleCheck-e off" as
>>>suggested but it didn't work. Maybe is the way I wrote it on the script
>>>editor, any suggestion?
>>>Thanks
>>>RC
>>>"Sal" <vinnie_vidivici@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
Sal
11/17/2003 9:37:39 PM

Lazy wrote:
> just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?

What about saving in ascii format (ma) and open the file with a Notepad
and change version in the 1st line? If you didn't use any version 5
feature it should work.

I.

0
Insetto
11/20/2003 10:49:14 AM
Thank you for your suggestion. However,I have tried to do what you said for
several time with different Maya5 files and none of them work! Morover, the
output window said "Maya binary file parse error:  : (16) bad size", do you
have any idea what does it mean?
Thank you in advance.
"Insetto" <insetto70_nocacca@gmx.net> wrote in message

> Lazy wrote:
> > just one more thing, do you know how to open maya5's work in maya 4.5?
>
> What about saving in ascii format (ma) and open the file with a Notepad
> and change version in the 1st line? If you didn't use any version 5
> feature it should work.
>
> I.

0
Lazy
11/20/2003 7:09:43 PM
"Lazy" <isabelle_chang_tw@nospam.yahoo.com.tw> wrote in

> Thank you for your suggestion. However,I have tried to do what you
> said for several time with different Maya5 files and none of them
> work! Morover, the output window said "Maya binary file parse error:
> : (16) bad size", do you have any idea what does it mean?
> Thank you in advance.

Try this....

save in ascii. also, save a dummy file (with maybe a sphere) in ascii in
the earlier version. open your file, and copy everything that does not
include the header etc... just the parts that describe whats in the scene
(usually the MEL stuff). Take that, and paste over the sphere description
in the dummy file. Save it, and open that file instead. It usually works
if there are no v5 specific commands in it. It would also help to delete
history first just in case if you dont really need it.

btw.... I think you are talking about an mb file, not an ma (maya ascii).
When you save it be sure you select this. If, when you open it, it does
not look like MEL, then its not ma.
0
Theo
11/20/2003 7:25:28 PM
It's a warning. In most cases, this specific warning doesn't even have any
consequence (notice the "may not" in the warning) - at least that is my
experience.
Unless you're bothered by the message popping up every now and then, just
leave it there and ignore it.

Are you absolutely sure that your "cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in
the script editor?

Regards,

Tonci

"Rita" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
>
> RC

0
Tonci
11/21/2003 1:18:08 AM
Thank you! and yes"cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in the script editor.

"Tonci Nemes" <postmaster@localhost.com> wrote in message
> It's a warning. In most cases, this specific warning doesn't even have any
> consequence (notice the "may not" in the warning) - at least that is my
> experience.
> Unless you're bothered by the message popping up every now and then, just
> leave it there and ignore it.
>
> Are you absolutely sure that your "cycleCheck -e off" evaluated at all in
> the script editor?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tonci
>

> "Rita" <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > I keep getting the following waning in my script editor:
> > "Cycle on 'pCube1.translateX' may not evaluate as expected.  (Use
> > 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.)"
> > I have been trying to disable the warning, can anyone help?
> >
> > RC

0
Lazy

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
OK, I posted earlier about uninstalling the NWN2 beta patch because of game/system weirdness. This morning I started my machine and was greeted by a McAfee Personal Firewall tray error message of some kind, and had no internet access. After checking another machine on my network and determining my service wasn't down I decided the simplest thing to do was exercise XP's Restore Point capability. Since Wednesday I'd not only installed the NWN2 beta patch, but also the latest ATI Catalyst Suite and some sort of Java Runtime update I'd been bothered about, so my system ch...

Maya Unlimited 8, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 8, Maya Plugins Collection, Gnomon Maya eTutorials & Manuals, Maya training, ARTBEATS, Art Beats,
Maya Unlimited 8, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 8, Maya Plugins Collection, Gnomon Maya eTutorials & Manuals, Maya training, ARTBEATS, Art Beats, GARAGE SALES, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, ============================================================= Autodesk Maya Unlimited 8, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 8, programs 2006/08/02 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.0 for Win 32bit 2CD 2006/08/02 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.0 for Win 64bit 2CD 2006/08/02 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.0 for MAC 2CD 200...

C4701 warning

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

Maya Unlimited 7, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 7, Gnomon Maya eTutorials & Manual DVDs & CDs, Maya training, and ARTBEATS, Art Beats DVDs & CDs,
Maya Unlimited 7, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 7, Gnomon Maya eTutorials & Manual DVDs & CDs, Maya training, and ARTBEATS, Art Beats DVDs & CDs, buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, ======================================================================= Maya Unlimited 7, and Alias MotionBuilder Pro 7, new ! 2005/07/31 Alias Maya Unlimited v7 for Win 2CD 2005/07/31 Alias Maya Unlimited v7 for MAC 2CD 2005/07/31 Alias Maya Unlimited v7 for Linux 2CD 2005/07/31 Alias MotionBuilder Pr...

effective way for disabling javascript disabled warning in adobe reader
There is a way for disabling this annoying warning that tell me that javascript are disabled ? I know it's disabled it's my choice to disable them, and getting this warning, even if i choose to not display it again start to annoy me, and make me consider to go back to version 5 ...

How to disable a warning?
Here is the code: (from the book "On Lisp", chapter 23) (setq cont #'identity) SBCL complains: undefined variable: CONT The variable "CONT" can't be defined here -- I mean, using "defvar" or "defparameter", other macros depends on this undefined variable to do some tricky things. Is there a way to disable this warning? Then, any code using those macros will not cause warnings? In Visual C++, you can disable a specific type of warnings by: #pragma warning(disable:4786) Is there a similar method in Lisp? Thanks. normanj wrote: > Here is...

How do I disable warnings?
I've read the documentation for the warnings module, but I'm still unable to figure out how to disable a warning. I'd like to disable this warning: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6 AFAICT, the following should work. But, it doesn't. import warnings warnings.filterwarnings('ignore',".*'with' will become a reserved keyword.*") What am I doing wrong? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! And then we could sit at on the hoods of cars at ...

how to disable graphics?
When accessing an XEmacs (21.4.15) instance remotely via gnuclient I generally operate over a slowish link (the reverse direction of a cable modem). It would be nice to easily disable image display in this situation. (I'm looking for a simple command or menu item, as opposed to a more permanent change to ~/.xemacs/init.el.) Thx, Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com A few days ago I wrote: > When accessing an XEmacs (21.4.15) instance remotely via gnuclient I generally > operate over a slowish link (the reverse direction of a cable modem). It would > be nice to easily...

Warning: view * : 'empty-zones-enable/disable-empty-zone' not set: disabling RFC 1918 empty zones
Good day, Thanks for the supports, am running a primary DNS server using view on bind version: root@ns1:~# named -v BIND 9.8.1-P1 I always having the above warnings in my syslog file: Sep 22 11:40:56 ns1 named[2121]: Warning: view external-root: 'empty-zones-enable/disable-empty-zone' not set: disabling RFC 1918 empty zones Sep 22 11:40:56 ns1 named[2121]: using built-in root key for view internal-localhost Sep 22 11:40:56 ns1 named[2121]: Warning: view internal-localhost: 'empty-zones-enable/disable-empty-zone' not set: disabling RFC 1918 empty zon...

wxMac 2.6.3: 1st menu head is disabled at DClicking App bundle icon but enabled by cmd line for opening app
Hello. I have an application carrying 6 menu header, beginning with 1st menu = header "File" (index 0), the app close/exit menu is also under the menu = header "File". After porting it onto Mac port (Mac OS X 4.0 with = compiler gcc 4.1.0) using wxMac 2.6.3, something occurs wiredly. when I open the app by cmd line ./MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp &, the = menu header "File" is enabled. if I open the app by double clicking the = application bundle MyApp.app, the MyApp is opened with the menu header "File" disabled.=20 Coud you tell m...

Alias Maya Unlimited v6.0.1 MACOS, Windows, Linux, IRIX, MASTERCLASSES 2004, Animating, Raytracing, Rendering, Gnomon Maya stuff and Addons, ARTBEATS, Art Beats, other,
Alias Maya Unlimited v6.0.1 MACOS, Windows, Linux, IRIX, MASTERCLASSES 2004, Animating, Raytracing, Rendering, Gnomon Maya stuff and Addons, ARTBEATS, Art Beats, other, ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 10/Aug/2004 Alias Maya Unlimited v6.0.1 Linux - new ! Alias Maya Unlimited v6.0.1 Windows - new ! ---------------------------------------------------- 28/Sep/2004 B01 DIGITAL TUTORS MAYA INTERMEDIATE POLY SUBD [5 CDs] 14/Sep/2004 B01 ALIAS MAYA MAKING OF RYAN DVDRIP [2 CDs] 10/Sep/2004 B02 ALIAS LEARNING MAYA 5 BEGINNERS GUIDE D...

Disabling SAS warnings
Hi all, There is a macro I use that creates a long string which very often will trigger a warning message (see below). In fact, the macro creates a string that contains a linear equation to be fed into a procedure. Often the length of the string that contains the equation exceeds 262 characters. Thus I know that this warning is useless in that case. However, it would be preferable to have clean logs. Is there a way to deactivate that message just for the time that the macro is called? Thanks, Dominic. WARNING: The quoted string currently being processed has become more than 262 charac...

disabling warnings for some include
On my systme, include <stdio.h> and <stdlib.h> raise many warnings (not C99 conformant...). I don't want to take care of those warnings because release will be built on an other system ... Does anybody know how to build an application (or even compile a file), enabling all warnings except for some include files ? thanks for your help Xavier Xavier Serrand wrote: > On my systme, include <stdio.h> and <stdlib.h> raise many warnings (not C99 > conformant...). I don't want to take care of those warnings because release > will be built on an other sy...

Web resources about - how to disable warning in Maya? - comp.graphics.apps.alias

How To Disable Facebook’s Tag Suggest
Facebook last week quietly reintroduced its tag suggest feature, which uses facial-recognition technology to assist users in tagging their friends ...

How do I disable the video autoplay? - Facebook-Hilfeforum - Facebook
Stop the video autoplay! Give an option to disable! STOP! STOP!

Whopper Sacrifice Forced to Disable Behavior by Facebook (Updated)
... waves for its creative (and aggressive) use of Facebook friend removals as a way to spread the application, Facebook has forced it to disable ...

Adblock Browser - By Adblock Plus. Block ads, browse more efficiently, remove popups, disable blacklist ...
... ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Adblock Browser - By Adblock Plus. Block ads, browse more efficiently, remove popups, disable ...

Sitelinks Wont Disable - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More at www.seroundtable.com/archives/018695.html

How to Disable Facebook Places - YouTube
Learn how to disable places on Facebook altogether or just change your settings for better privacy. For more details, see http://lifehacker. ...

Java Warning - PC users told to disable Java - Security Flaw
Despite a fix, US authority continues to recommend users disable Java in their browsers.

US DOT: Auto makers should disable in-dash electronics when cars are moving
Automobile makers should prevent drivers from using their in-vehicle electronic devices to browse the Internet and send text messages while their ...

Java Hack - Experts Urge PC Users To Disable Java - Security Flaw
... update to address a critical flaw in its widely used Java program after the US Department of Homeland Security urged computer users to disable ...

Java Hack - Experts Urge PC Users To Disable Java - Security Flaw
A flaw in Java software is so dangerous that people should stop using it, security experts warn. JavaScript disabled. Please enable JavaScript ...