32 bit TGA?

simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.

Does anyone know?

Be Well
0
Brewmeister
9/1/2005 12:57:18 AM
comp.graphics.apps.gimp 3521 articles. 0 followers. stuseven (66) is leader. Post Follow

Brewmeister wrote:
> simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
>
> Does anyone know?
>
> Be Well
Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?
0
Brewmeister
9/1/2005 12:58:11 AM
Brewmeister wrote:
> Brewmeister wrote:
>
>> simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
>>
>> Does anyone know?
>>
>> Be Well
>
> Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?

Not vanilla Gimp, but you can use it's ugly son cinepaint.

Visit www.cinepaint.org

Cinepaint split of Gimp a few years back, and specifically added on
support for 16 and 32 bit images that Gimp (still, but hopefully not for
long) lacks. However, cinepaint doesn't have the new features that Gimp has.

Joal
0
Joal
9/1/2005 4:45:45 AM
Joal Heagney wrote:
> Brewmeister wrote:
>
>> Brewmeister wrote:
>>
>>> simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know?
>>>
>>> Be Well
>>

>> Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?
>

> Not vanilla Gimp, but you can use it's ugly son cinepaint.
>
> Visit www.cinepaint.org
>
> Cinepaint split of Gimp a few years back, and specifically added on
> support for 16 and 32 bit images that Gimp (still, but hopefully not for
> long) lacks. However, cinepaint doesn't have the new features that Gimp
> has.
>
> Joal

Joal, thanks.  I'll check out cinepaint.

I'm trying to use the Gimp to convert images to 32 bit TGA for APCD
(Arnold Palmer Course Designer), which allows me to build golf courses
for play in MS Links golf game.

Strange thing is, some of the images I save from gimp will import into
APCD, and some will not. From what I've read, Gimp only supports 8-bit,
so now I'm confused as to why any of the images are importing?????

The error I get on the ones that won't import is: "..not a 32 bit image."

any thoughts?
0
Brewmeister
9/1/2005 1:45:48 PM
Brewmeister wrote:
> Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?

There's a TGA plug-in at http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=237
0
Simon
9/1/2005 2:11:12 PM
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:58:11 -0400, Brewmeister wrote:

> Brewmeister wrote:
>> simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
>>
>> Does anyone know?
>>
>> Be Well
> Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?
My version cannot yet but I keep hoping.
--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email
Brewmeister <bridge161@comcast.net> writes:

> Brewmeister wrote:
> > simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
> > Does anyone know?

> Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?

32 Bit TGA = RGBA images? Then just save (as) .tga

HTH,
Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de
Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Brewmeister <bridge161@comcast.net> writes:
>

>>Brewmeister wrote:
>>
>>>simple question. I just can't seam to find an answer anywhere.
>>>Does anyone know?
>

>>Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?
>

> 32 Bit TGA = RGBA images? Then just save (as) .tga
>

> HTH,
> Michael

Whoops. Okay Brewmeister, we need to clarify if you're talking about 32
bit for the whole image, or 32-bit per channel. If it's the first, then
GIMP can save it directly. You'll only need cinepaint if it's 32-bit per
channel (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha).

Joal

*goes to hide under the sofa in embarrassment*
0
Joal
9/2/2005 7:49:25 AM
"Joal Heagney" <jhe13586@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Michael Schumacher wrote:
> > Brewmeister <bridge161@comcast.net> writes:

> >>Suppose I should have specified:  Can Gimp save a 32bit TGA?
> >

> > 32 Bit TGA = RGBA images? Then just save (as) .tga
> >

> > HTH,
> > Michael
> >
> Whoops. Okay Brewmeister, we need to clarify if you're talking about 32
> bit for the whole image, or 32-bit per channel. If it's the first, then
> GIMP can save it directly. You'll only need cinepaint if it's 32-bit per
> channel (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha).
>
> Joal
>
> *goes to hide under the sofa in embarrassment*

Neither "The GIMP" or Cinepaint works in 32-bits per channel.

"The GIMP" is 8-bits per channel.

Cinepaint is either 8-bits or 16-bits per channel.

PS - Better take your "blankie" with you under that sofa!  ;-))

0
RSD99
9/2/2005 4:12:28 PM
RSD99 wrote:
> "Joal Heagney" <jhe13586@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>
>>Michael Schumacher wrote:

>>>32 Bit TGA = RGBA images? Then just save (as) .tga
>>>

>>>HTH,
>>>Michael
>>>

>>Whoops. Okay Brewmeister, we need to clarify if you're talking about 32
>>bit for the whole image, or 32-bit per channel. If it's the first, then
>>GIMP can save it directly. You'll only need cinepaint if it's 32-bit per
>>channel (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha).
>>
>>Joal
>>
>>*goes to hide under the sofa in embarrassment*
>

> Neither "The GIMP" or Cinepaint works in 32-bits per channel.
>
> "The GIMP" is 8-bits per channel.
>
> Cinepaint is either 8-bits or 16-bits per channel.

*pokes out his tongue* It CAN do 32-bits per channel. Do a "Find In This
Page" for 32-bit on any of these web pages:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10739
http://cinepaint.bigasterisk.com/FeatureMatrix
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/04/29/cinepaint.html

*sighs* I just wish we could get it's features into the vanilla Gimp. Oh
well, GEGL is coming they say.

 > PS - Better take your "blankie" with you under that sofa!  ;-))

And I'll have you know, it's actually a teddy-bear wif' one eye, so there!

Joal

0
Joal
9/3/2005 12:28:01 PM
Joal Heagney wrote:
> RSD99 wrote:
>
>> "Joal Heagney" <jhe13586@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

>>> Whoops. Okay Brewmeister, we need to clarify if you're talking about 32
>>> bit for the whole image, or 32-bit per channel. If it's the first, then
>>> GIMP can save it directly. You'll only need cinepaint if it's 32-bit per
>>> channel (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha).
>>>
>>> Joal
>>>
>>> *goes to hide under the sofa in embarrassment*
>>

>> Neither "The GIMP" or Cinepaint works in 32-bits per channel.
>>
>> "The GIMP" is 8-bits per channel.
>>
>> Cinepaint is either 8-bits or 16-bits per channel.
>

> *pokes out his tongue* It CAN do 32-bits per channel. Do a "Find In This
> Page" for 32-bit on any of these web pages:
>
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10739
> http://cinepaint.bigasterisk.com/FeatureMatrix
> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/04/29/cinepaint.html
>

> *sighs* I just wish we could get it's features into the vanilla Gimp. Oh
> well, GEGL is coming they say.
>  >
>  > PS - Better take your "blankie" with you under that sofa!  ;-))
>
> And I'll have you know, it's actually a teddy-bear wif' one eye, so there!
>
> Joal

Thanks everyone!

That explains why some of the images were working, and others weren't.
(no alpha channel = 24 bits).

Be Well
0
Brewmeister

How to get around the "long" 32/64-bit mess?
I have a question that might have been asked before, but I have not been able to find anything via groups.google.com or any web search that is definative. I am writing an evolutionary AI application in C++. I want to use 32-bit integers, and I want the application to be able to save it's state in a portable fashion. The obvious choice would be to use the "long" type, as it is deined to be at least 32 bits in size. However, the definition says "at least" and I believe that on some platforms (gcc/AMD64???) long ends up being a 64-bit integer instead. In other words, ...

Blackfin 32 x 32 multiply
The Blackfin has a 32 x 32 integer multiply that requires 5 cycles. The UG states that this minics a "C" 32 x 32 integer multiply. Is this the low 32 bits of the 64 bit result? If so then is this not able to do signed fractional fixed point 32 x 32 multiplies? Thanks C&S Audio Labs csaudio wrote: > The Blackfin has a 32 x 32 integer multiply that requires 5 cycles. The > UG states that this minics a "C" 32 x 32 integer multiply. > > Is this the low 32 bits of the 64 bit result? If so then is this not > able to do signed fractional fixed point 32 x 3...

g77: 32-bit to 64-bit
Hello, We have a set of several fortran programs which run one after the other. They communicate with each other via binary input/output files. Originally all programs were compiled under 32-bit linux using g77 and they run just fine. However, with our jobs getting larger the last program in this set hits the 2GB addressing limit of 32-bit linux. So we want move to 64-bit linux or rewrite the code (which is not possible now). My question is : Is it possible to compile a program with 64-bit g77 so it "behaves" like 32-bit code in terms of default sizes of integers, reals etc so it...

Antivirus policy for Mercury/32
I would like to use eTrust Antivirus version 7.x from Computer Associates on my Mercury Server. In the knowledge base I did find policies for some antivirus softwares but nothing for eTrust. Has already somebody performed some tests ? Hi Here you are :-) ETrust ver 7.0.139 I've changed "bat" for Fprot Policy Make 3 directories : inocmdVET inocmd antywirus_log (polish name of antivirus ;-) but You can change it ) First Policy InoculateIT VET Engine (old name but it is Etrust) -Type of task "Run a program using a sentinel file" -This task require...

Win 32 bit Programming
I am new in win32 bit programming. I want to learn this. If you help me, i thanks to you and other biggener also thanks to you. I want to become professional c++ programmer and i need a teacher that master in c++. if it is you please email me. My email is ranafaisal342@yahoo.com. Thanks to all of You. ranafaisal wrote: > I am new in win32 bit programming. I want to learn this. If you help > me, i thanks to you and other biggener also thanks to you. I want to > become professional c++ programmer and i need a teacher that master in > c++. if it is you please email me. My email is r...

Bit OT, but sound related
I bought a Pinnacle Studio PCTV Pro, which is a stereo TV/FM tuner card. It is hooked up to an Audigy2 for sound. If I use either the internal aux connector or the external lineout connector for sound I can hear background noise if I have the mixer volume for that source turned up quite loud, mostly noticeable when listening with headphones. I can also hear some noise when I move my mouse. Is this due to RF distortion? How to eliminate it besides turning off that source in my mixer control when not watching TV? Or should I take it back and just tell them it is not shielded properly?...

A3020 suffering from bit rot
I've been absent from the Acorn world for a while but my father has just plonked his A3020 on me with an odd problem. It was working fine until a few days ago. Now it will work for only a minute or so at most. My first thought was a hard drive failure, but my initial tests suggest not. The first time I turned it on it booted up fine, reached the desktop, and then as I was moving the mouse around, FreeMem suddenly crashed. I clicked on the error box and the whole display disappeared. It needed a power off/on to get anything back. This time I held down the shift key as it powered up so...

A 24 Bit imread('image.tif','LZW');
Hi, I don't want to convert LZW compressed large 24 Bit tif images by an external software. Has anybody a c-source or a mex compiled WIN (dll) or UNIX (mexglx) function who is able to read 24Bit LZW compressed tif images? Thanks, OL ...

Is it possible to set Instruction PowerPC Bus ONLY for 32 bits
I am wondering if it is possible to select IPLB (Instruction PowerPC Bus) to work with 32 bits instead of 64 bits?. The reason is that my DDR Sdram fails when it works with double words (64 bits) and it could be simpler to configure IPLB to work with 32 than configure the DDR Sdram to work with double words. my best regards ...

AMD 64 VS AMD 32 VS Intel 7xx with 2MB L2 Cash
Hello, I'm looking at three laptops: 1) Compaq V2000 which has Intel M 725 chip with 2MB L2 cash 2) Compaq R3000Z which has AMD XP 3) Compaq R3000z which has AMD 64 Which one is better? Does Intel have 64 bit CPU? Thanks! On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:32:44 -0500, "john smith" <mta_img@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'm looking at three laptops: > >1) Compaq V2000 which has Intel M 725 chip with 2MB L2 cash > >2) Compaq R3000Z which has AMD XP > >3) Compaq R3000z which has AMD 64 > >Which one is better? > >Does Intel have 64 ...

A bit of Lisp fun
Hi Guys Some of you will love this and some will hate it, little brainwave I had. http://search.hyperstring.net It's running on our Lisp web server Lewis. We're only up to 3 servers, they all monitor each other and send text messages if one of them falls over, I'm hoping to be able to eventually get one to reboot the other if it falls over under certain circumstances...this could be done with an SSH shell or something?! Anyway enjoy! Paul http://www.hyperstring.net Folks I'm not spamming - google didn't seem to post the first one it just hung! >>>>> ...

64 bit iTunes
I run iTunes 32 bit on Windows 7. I have done for over a year, just to support my iPad and its iOS. However, the desktop is a 64 bit machine, and so I'd like to install iTunes 64 bit. How do I do this? Can I just uninstall it and re-install the 64 bit version? Will all the library info still be there for the iPad? Ed In article <jjfqfg$2ca$1@dont-email.me>, Ed Cryer <ed@somewhere.in.the.uk> wrote: > I run iTunes 32 bit on Windows 7. I have done for over a year, just to > support my iPad and its iOS. > > However, the desktop is a 64 bit mac...

Using 32-bit sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? Thanks. "abdu " <abdullahe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hnb54e$2co$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi, > > I wonder if it is possible to use 32-bit Visual Sourcesafe with 64-bit > MATLAB. (Maybe there is a trick or something.) > > If it is not, what do you recommend for source controlling? > > Thanks. Unfortunately, it's not possible: http://www....

Buggy 64-bit wrt XDR
Hi, We have an HP-UX 11.0 workstation on which the code appended below goes into an infinite loop at the while condition, on 64-bit (it works fine on 32-bit). To compile: use cc <prog.c> -lnsl for 32-bit and cc +DD64 <prog.c> -lnsl on 64-bit. Since the mem_create only has 12 bytes, and each char takes 4 bytes on XDR, the code should print "the" and a newline and exit. However it goes into an inf loop on 64-bit and keeps getting the value \001 for c. I hope somebody can verify/report this to HP and/or suggest a workaround. Thanks Khan #include <rpc/types.h> #i...

Layer 3 Bit Error Tester
I need a testing device to bit error test optical ethernet ports on a router. Can someone suggest a device that can be purchased cheaply, preferably used? To my understanding, a layer 3 IP based bit error tester would need an intelligent loopback device, that would have its own target IP address, and which would receive TCP or UDP packets and send those back to the originating device. What are my choices? -- W ...

Atari 8-bit Picture and Sound Programs
Was wondering what are the best programs on the 8-bit Atari to view pictures such as .GIF or some of the other popular formats? Is there one that will display Atari ST 16 color pictures or better? Also Sound and Music files, What are the best programs to play Sound and Music files? Any that will play Atari ST Digitized Sound files or other Digitized Sound formats? I remember one that would display .GIF pictures, but it was slow and thats been a few years ago. Hoping something better has came along. Phantom phantomm@bellsouth.net On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:26:0...

FAQ 5.32 How can I tell whether there's a character waiting on a filehandle? 296298
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq5.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.32: How can I tell whether there's a character waiting on a filehandle? The very first thing you should do is look into getting the Term::ReadKey extension from CPAN. As we mentioned earlier, it now...

32 bit ints are 32 bit aligned?
Sorry, wrong discussion board ... Message Edited by menchar on 03-22-2006 08:07 PMMessage Edited by menchar on 03-22-2006 08:08 PM ...

[News] Another Look at Pertinent Improvements in Linux 2.6.32

Test #32
12 ...

Re: OT: Enlightenment? #32
In the immortal words of Al Karman...Carol "spews".. "that way I can never be accused of being an immoral b**ch out of pure innocence." Since I never said that, You should take Brice's advice and learn to read. You guys are hilarious... -----Original Message----- From: Carol Darnell [mailto:caroldarnell@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:14 PM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Enlightenment? Ernie... You're free to believe that. In point of fact, throughout the 20+ years of this on-again-off-again relat...

Vectorization #32
Hi everyone. I'm trying to improve some of my code using vectorization. For instance, I was using nested loop to calculate this very simple equation: http://s7.postimage.org/4izfctq0b/Untitled.png where N is a 2d matrix and i and j are line and colon. This is much be pretty straightforward, but I can't find how to do this using vectorization. Any help would be greatfull. Regards, Phil pmassicotte <pmassicotte@hotmail.com> wrote in message <eea3cdc8-9e00-418a-8401-f781c924f942@eh4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>... > > http://s7.postimage.org/4izfct...

Function to reverse bits ?
All the cold weather has frozen my brain. The binary value F 100100100100 is to be reversed to become R 001001001001 Is there a mathematical transform for bit reversal ? This works, but is probably not best way. data _null_; Fn = 2340; F = put (Fn, binary12.); R = reverse (F); Rn = input (R, binary12.); put F= / R=; put Fn= / Rn=; run; --log-- F=100100100100 R=001001001001 Fn=2340 Rn=585 -- Richard A. DeVenezia Check out the "Bitwise Logical Operators" BAND, BOR, BNOT in the SAS manual. I think that they will do it for you. Doc Muhlbaier Duke "Richard A. D...

32-Bit Matlab, 32-bit WinXP, 32 GB RAM
I am planning to install Windows XP 32-bit with Service Pack 2 on a new Intel dual quad-core machine with 32 GB RAM. Knowing WinXP w/SP2 can only address up to 4 GB physical RAM, what is Matlab 2007a's (32-bit) capability of addressing more RAM via Microsoft's /pae option at boot time? I'm trying to help negate the remaining 28 GB RAM from going to waste. Thanks. Scott "Scott " <scotte@ll.mit.edu> wrote in message <fi43ta$neq$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am planning to install Windows XP 32-bit with Service Pack > 2 on a new Intel dual quad-core ...

Identification 32/64 bit Linux
Hello Ng; I have a simple question, how do I identify which OS is installed (32 or 64 bit)? The only hint I have for the moment, is the amount of memory that is used. Approx. 3,3G on a 32 bit and full 4G on 64 bit. Is this the only way? uname gives me 2.6.18-164.el5PAE on a DualCore System and 2.6.18-164.el5 on a 32 bit system. Both installed from the same medium CentOs 5.3, after updating with all patches. Anyone with an idee? thx Jacob Jacob van Iwaarden wrote: > Hello Ng; > I have a simple question, how do I identify which OS is installed (32 or 64 > ...