f



gnuplot with png/jpeg on FreeBSD 4.9 or FreeBSD 4.7

I cannot get gnuplot 4.0.0 made with gd/jpeg/png support. This was not
a problem on 3.7 on the same FreeBSD 4.7/4.9 machines.

I tried the options --with-gd=/usr/local/lib and
--with-gd=/usr/local/lib but no success, all png and gd options in
../configure report "checking for ...  no".

All libgd and libpng, libjpeg can be found in /usr/local/lib and all
required header files can be found in /usr/local/include. Gnuplot is
made but always without png/jpeg support.


Lutz

0
lutz
7/18/2005 2:13:02 PM
comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot 5008 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

16 Replies
1067 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 48

lutz <lutz@nuevatec.com> wrote:
> I cannot get gnuplot 4.0.0 made with gd/jpeg/png support. This was not
> a problem on 3.7 on the same FreeBSD 4.7/4.9 machines.

> I tried the options --with-gd=/usr/local/lib and
> --with-gd=/usr/local/lib but no success, all png and gd options in
> ./configure report "checking for ...  no".

If memory serves, you'll have to make those options
--with-gd=/usr/local.  It may help to have the gdlib-config program
installed somewhere on the PATH, and have /usr/local/lib in the shared
library default load path.

For more insight, you'll have to inspect the config.log file (or post
the relevant fragments to our SF.net bug tracker).

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/18/2005 2:26:41 PM
 --with-gd=/usr/local doesn't work either, other compiles seem to pick
up the /usr/local/lib path just fine, but how do I check/set the:
library default load path?

 I also tried ./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib, but no success.

gdlib-config is in the execution path and also shows the right
locations for --includedir and --libdir.

Thanks for helping

Lutz

0
lutz
7/18/2005 3:41:43 PM
In article <1121695982.466409.240980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
lutz <lutz@nuevatec.com> wrote:
>I cannot get gnuplot 4.0.0 made with gd/jpeg/png support. This was not
>a problem on 3.7 on the same FreeBSD 4.7/4.9 machines.
>
>I tried the options --with-gd=/usr/local/lib and
>--with-gd=/usr/local/lib but no success, all png and gd options in
>./configure report "checking for ...  no".
>
>All libgd and libpng, libjpeg can be found in /usr/local/lib and all
>required header files can be found in /usr/local/include. Gnuplot is
>made but always without png/jpeg support.

You will have to look in config.log to see why the ./configure routine
is failing to include libgd.  One possibility is that the header files
are not installed in the expected place.  Another is that you have not
run ldconfig since installing the libraries, or that /usr/local/lib is
not listed in /etc/ld.so.conf.


-- 
Ethan A Merritt
0
merritt
7/18/2005 3:45:47 PM
Thanks for the help Ethan, but it just won't work. I did ldconfig and
searched throug 100k finding this:

configure:9252: checking for gdlib-config
configure:9270: found /usr/local/bin/gdlib-config
configure:9282: result: /usr/local/bin/gdlib-config
configure:9302: checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd
configure:9333: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/li
/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv'

My libgd is version 2.0.33.

Fortunately I have gnuplot v. 3.7 which is working fine for me.

Thanks again

Lutz

0
lutz
7/18/2005 11:55:19 PM
In article <1121730919.457993.314590@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
lutz <lutz@nuevatec.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the help Ethan, but it just won't work. I did ldconfig and
>searched throug 100k finding this:
>
>configure:9252: checking for gdlib-config
>configure:9270: found /usr/local/bin/gdlib-config
>configure:9282: result: /usr/local/bin/gdlib-config
>configure:9302: checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd
>configure:9333: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   -I/usr/X11R6/include
>-I/usr/local/include  -L/usr/local/li
>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv'

Ah, but that tells you what you need to know.  When libgd was built,
it linked itself to a shared library (libiconv.so ???). But that same
shared library is not being found when you build (or run) gnuplot.
So to solve this mystery you need to go back and look at your
libgd configuration.   I'm a bit puzzled as to exactly what library
this would be, however.  On my machine these functions do not come
from a separate libiconv* library; they are part of the locale
support provided directly by glibc.

-- 
Ethan A Merritt
0
merritt
7/19/2005 12:32:39 AM
I had the same problem with OSX (which was built on freebsd...)

I solve in a dirty way....
here is the post I made after...
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot/msg/630e6c035dccc3e5?hl=en&

now, I don't think is a gnuplot problem, but the problem is in the way
gd is built...
here is my configure line (replace /sw with /usr/local)

../configure --prefix=/sw --with-readline=/sw/include/readline
--enable-history-file CPPFLAGS=-L/sw/lib CFLAGS=-I/sw/include

here is the thread
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot/browse_frm/thread/bbd31833bc79c0d2?tvc=1&hl=en

0
tv
7/19/2005 3:18:07 PM
tv <tommaso.vinci@gmail.com> wrote:

> now, I don't think is a gnuplot problem, but the problem is in the way
> gd is built...

At least partly.  The other part of the problem is that gnuplot does
try to find gdlib-config, but apparently doesn't trust it, so it keeps
running its own checks, which fail.

> here is my configure line (replace /sw with /usr/local)

> ./configure --prefix=/sw --with-readline=/sw/include/readline
> --enable-history-file CPPFLAGS=-L/sw/lib CFLAGS=-I/sw/include

That line is wrong, at least conceptually. -L is a linker option, it
has no business appearing in CPPFLAGS.  -I, OTOH, is a preprocessor
option, so it should really be in CPPFLAGS.  So make that

  ./configure --prefix=/sw CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib [...]

OTOH, if /usr/local is not already searched by the compiler
automatically, IMHO if you install anything there, you had better
change the system configuration so it will.  I.e. add /usr/local/lib
and /usr/local/include to the compiler's default search paths for
libraries and includes, respectively.  Otherwise, libraries copied
there cannot really be said to have been "installed" on your system.

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/20/2005 12:43:33 PM
In article <dbhhn7$n6v$1@brogar.bmsc.washington.edu>,
Ethan Merritt <merritt@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>In article <1121730919.457993.314590@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>lutz <lutz@nuevatec.com> wrote:
>>
>>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
>>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
>>/usr/local/lib/libgd.so: undefined reference to `libiconv'
>
>On my machine these functions do not come
>from a separate libiconv* library; they are part of the locale
>support provided directly by glibc.

It turns out that this is a "well-known" difference between linux and
BSD-derived systems, something I learned only now via a NewsForge
article on portable configurations:
    http://programming.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/07/19/1713230

It suggests adding an AC_CHECK_LIB() macro to the configuration script 
that checks for the iconv routines.  Maybe we should do that.

-- 
Ethan A Merritt
0
merritt
7/26/2005 7:41:31 PM
lutz <lutz@nuevatec.com> wrote:
>  --with-gd=/usr/local doesn't work either, other compiles seem to pick
> up the /usr/local/lib path just fine, but how do I check/set the:
> library default load path?

I wouldn't know off-hand --- I've never used BSD.  In Linux, you'ld
want to check the gcc specs file, the ld.so configuration,
$LIBRARY_PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, amont others.  Pre-loading your
../configure run with environment variables
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include and LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib should fix
most such problems, except those with the dynamic linker.

>  I also tried ./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib, but no success.

That's not expected to have any effect --libdir is a target directory
where pieces of the program being built may go at "make install" time.
It is not searched for already existing libraries.

> gdlib-config is in the execution path and also shows the right
> locations for --includedir and --libdir.

The interesting parts are what appears in response to --ldflags and
--cppflags, respectively.  Two reasons that could explain the failure of ./configure to believe you have a usable gd installations would include:

*) -liconv is not mentioned in what "gdlib-config --ldflags" prints

*) /usr/local/lib is not searched by the linker by default

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/27/2005 11:50:34 AM
here's what I get on osX

> gdlib-config --ldflags
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/

> gdlib-config --libs
-lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib

or better the summay:
 > gdlib-config --all
GD library  2.0.33
includedir: /sw/include
cflags:     -I/sw/include
ldflags:     -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/
libs:       -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib
libdir:     /sw/lib
features:   GD_XPM GD_JPEG GD_FONTCONFIG GD_FREETYPE GD_PNG GD_GIF

0
tv
7/28/2005 1:04:31 PM
tv <tommaso.vinci@gmail.com> wrote:
> here's what I get on osX

> > gdlib-config --ldflags
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/

> > gdlib-config --libs
> -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz
> /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib

This indicates something strange going on.  All the other libraries
are listed as -l{lib} --- so why didn't iconv become -liconv?  What's
different about it?

> features:   GD_XPM GD_JPEG GD_FONTCONFIG GD_FREETYPE GD_PNG GD_GIF

This suggests that gnuplot's configure.in is indeed going at this in
the wrong way.  Even though it finds your gdlib-config, it runs lots
of trial links to figure out exactly these feature flags which
gdlib-config is eager to provide for free.  To make it even worse,
those trial links all fail because they don't include the libraries
from "gdlib-config --libs".

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/28/2005 2:29:54 PM
I tried to contact Thomas Boutell for this stange iconv problem but I
unfortunately didn't get answer...

however since it seems to be a gdlib problem i add here the configure
line for version :
../configure --prefix=/sw --enable-gif CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib/
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include

of course when compiling gdlib, it doesn't use -liconv but
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib for example, the lasst line:
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/gifanimtest gifanimtest.o /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib
-L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -L./.libs -lgd -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg
-lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz


ok,ok... but all this doesn't belong to this group....

0
tv
7/28/2005 3:11:49 PM
I tried to contact Thomas Boutell for this stange iconv problem but I
unfortunately didn't get answer...

however since it seems to be a gdlib problem i add here the configure
line for version :
../configure --prefix=/sw --enable-gif CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib/
--x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include

of course when compiling gdlib, it doesn't use -liconv but
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib for example, the lasst line:
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/gifanimtest gifanimtest.o /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib
-L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -L./.libs -lgd -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg
-lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz


ok,ok... but all this doesn't belong to this group....

0
tv
7/28/2005 3:11:56 PM
tv <tommaso.vinci@gmail.com> wrote:
> of course when compiling gdlib, it doesn't use -liconv but
> /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib for example, 

That's not "of course" at all.  That's a mystery, at least to me.  I
can se no sane reason why libiconv should not be linked to in exactly
the same way as all the other libraries involved.

> gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/gifanimtest gifanimtest.o /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib
> -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib/ -L./.libs -lgd -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg
> -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/28/2005 4:42:32 PM
just to add the last line...

the  gdlib-config file is a script. I just replaced there
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib with -liconv and now everything works: gnuplot
configure and building.

The problem is that fron gdlib configure, I don't understand the point
were the chioce for libiconv is done...

0
tv
7/30/2005 10:42:17 AM
tv <tommaso.vinci@gmail.com> wrote:

> the  gdlib-config file is a script. I just replaced there
> /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib with -liconv and now everything works: gnuplot
> configure and building.

> The problem is that fron gdlib configure, I don't understand the point
> were the chioce for libiconv is done...

I suggest you bring this to the attention of the GD people, then.

-- 
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.
0
Hans
7/31/2005 3:44:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

upgrading from gnuplot 4.4 patch level 3 to gnuplot 4.6
Hello everyone. I need to upgrade my gnuplot package to to the new release gnuplot-4.6.0. I tried to "remove" the current version (4.4) with the hope of then installing the new one. However, th new version installed without some of the terminal terminals I used to have (e.g wxt) Or these terminals were lost with the removal of the older version. Doe's anyone have a clue of how this can be done? Help!!! On May 11, 4:37=A0pm, Rayd <drndzin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone. I need to upgrade my gnuplot package to to the new > release gnuplot-4.6.0. > I tried to "remove" the current version (4.4) with the hope of then > installing the new one. > However, th new version installed without some of the terminal > terminals I used to have (e.g > wxt) Or these terminals were lost with the removal of the older > version. > > Doe's anyone have a clue of how this can be done? Help!!! I forgot to mention my operating system. I'm running on Linux Ubuntu 11.10. Can you provide some more details? How exactly did you "remove" the old version, and what procedure did you follow to install the new one? Binary, compiled it yourself, or what? Lee Phillips ----------------------------------- gnuplot Cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184951724X?tag=leephillipsor-20 On 11.05.2012 16:37, Rayd wrote: > Hello everyone. I need to upgrade my gnuplot package to to the new ...

Mouse zoom not working in X11 on Mac OSX 10.7.3 (Lion) with gnuplot 4.4.4 or 4.6.0
I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out why the mouse zoom feature doesn't seem to be working in the X11 terminal on my Mac with OSX 10.7.3 and gnuplot 4.4.4 or 4.6.0 (I've tried both). I compiled gnuplot from source and everything else seems to be working fine. The output of "configure" shows that it was set up to compile with mouse zoom enabled: gnuplot will be compiled with the following features: Mouse support in interactive terminals: yes When the X11 window displays with the plot, the coordinates are shown in the lower left corner of the window, but they never update when I move the cursor around the window. The crosshair cursor moves around the plot as I move the mouse but mouse clicks of any kind don't seem to do anything. I'm using XQuartz 2.7.2_beta4 for the X server. This is the first time I have really tried to use gnuplot on a Mac so I'm not sure if there is something I may be doing wrong or what might be preventing this from working. On Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:22:47 PM UTC-7, Ben wrote: > I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out why the mouse zoom feature > doesn't seem to be working in the X11 terminal on my Mac with OSX > 10.7.3 and gnuplot 4.4.4 or 4.6.0 (I've tried both). I compiled > gnuplot from source and everything else seems to be working fine. The > output of "configure" shows that it was set up to compile with mouse > zoom enabled...

7.4 -> 7.4.1 upgrade with customization on freebsd
I installed 7.4 from the FreeBSD ports collection (I'm running 4.9-RELEASE). Did nothing special, just make && make install and all was well. I now have updated my ports collection via cvsup and see that the 7.4.1 port is available. So now I have several, very specific needs: 1) having now done some development in 7.4, I've decided I need to be able to exceed the default limit of 16 arguments for plpgsql functions 2) I would like to upgrade to 7.4.1 without having to re-edit any config files or change any paths. 3) I would like to prevent the database shown b...

Freebsd 4.4 --> 4.8
I have been feeling good using 4.4 release for a long time before the motherboard upgrade. After the upgrade I have to re-install a newer 4.8 release for my hardware (SIS748+963L, SIS900 Lan, SIS7012 sound, Geforce 5200) on the same old HDD, I have previously got 500MB partition for 4.4 and I run X, netscape, realplayer on it. I've 4.8 detects my onboard Lan, sound but it's too bloated for 500MB partition. I want to know if I can install linux 6.1 package and XFree86 3.36 for it?? Also, I have an ad1 hd with an extended fat32 partition I can't mount in freebsd 4.8 using: "mount -t msdos /dev/ad1s5 /mnt2" but it can be done with freebsd 4.4. any hints?? Ronald On 2003-12-06, Ronald Mak <rmak001@angelfire.com> wrote: > I have been feeling good using 4.4 release for a long time before the > motherboard upgrade. After the upgrade I have to re-install a newer > 4.8 release for my hardware (SIS748+963L, SIS900 Lan, SIS7012 sound, > Geforce 5200) on the same old HDD, I have previously got 500MB > partition for 4.4 and I run X, netscape, realplayer on it. > > I've 4.8 detects my onboard Lan, sound but it's too bloated for 500MB > partition. FreeBSD itself has not grown substantially between 4.4 and 4.8. What do you really mean here? > I want to know if I can install linux 6.1 package and > XFree86 3.36 for it?? Yes, although you'll have to compile X 3.x from ports since a pack...

gnuplot 4.2.0 vs gnuplot 4.2.rc4
Dear all, I've always updated my gnuplot to the bleeding edge... Today I updated from 4.2.rc4 to the stable release and I've found a problem: I can't get readline GNU support. That sounds weird but from the rc4 to the stable the configure script changed anything BUT the test to check the readline, and this causes the problem I'm on osx and I've installed the libreadline by hand and updated to the last version (version 5.2 from http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html) from the configure diff between the two versions I found this difference, apart the number version here and there...: < char remove_history (); --- > char readline (); now this test makes the difference... Could someone explain em why this changed? I've copied the rc4 config in the 4.2.0 and it compiles smoothly. why the test to chack readline changed? Is there some new enhancement that I'm missing? what happens without? what can I do to help? thanks a lot tv In article <1174070466.603669.41110@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, tv <tommaso.vinci@gmail.com> wrote: > >Today I updated from 4.2.rc4 to the stable release and I've found a >problem: >I can't get readline GNU support. > >I'm on osx and I've installed the libreadline by hand and updated to >the last version (version 5.2 from http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html) > >from the configure d...

Upgrading gnuplot from 4.2.6 to 4.4.
I am working in Linux in Ubuntu-environment. I could not get some of the features of Gnuplot like "transparency" with the 4.2 version. I tried to upgrade it. But it says "the newest version is install in your computer". But it is not so. How to uninstall gnuplot 4.2 and reinstall gnuplot 4.4? May you help me in this regard please? On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:20:40 -0800, ND wrote: > I am working in Linux in Ubuntu-environment. I could not get some of the > features of Gnuplot like "transparency" with the 4.2 version. I tried to > upgrade it. But it...

FreeBSD 5.2, flock, NFS, FreeBSD 4.9
Upon installing the elm+ME port in FreeBSD 5.2, I find that flock() locking of the mail spool NFS mounted from a FreeBSD 4.5 server results in "oper- ation not supported." I edited config.h to undefine USE_FLOCK_LOCKING and it works, but it seems wrong to me that flock() should get this error. Has anyone else run into this? -- George Mitchell (obfuscated email addr.) George Mitchell wrote: > Upon installing the elm+ME port in FreeBSD 5.2, I find that flock() locking > of the mail spool NFS mounted from a FreeBSD 4.5 server results in "oper- > ation not supported." I edited config.h to undefine USE_FLOCK_LOCKING and > it works, but it seems wrong to me that flock() should get this error. Has > anyone else run into this? I don't think NFS locking is implemented at all in 4.x, so "not supported" is an appropriate result of the flock() operation :) Ivan Voras wrote: > George Mitchell wrote: >> Upon installing the elm+ME port in FreeBSD 5.2, I find that flock() >> locking of the mail spool NFS mounted from a FreeBSD 4.5 server results >> in "oper- >> ation not supported." I edited config.h to undefine USE_FLOCK_LOCKING >> and >> it works, but it seems wrong to me that flock() should get this error. >> Has anyone else run into this? > > I don't think NFS locking is implemented at all in 4.x, so "not > supporte...

differences from gnuplot 4.4.3 and 4.6.x
Hello, I have recently upgraded to gnuplot 4.6.x (On SUSE 12.3) and I have noticed that now my charts look different than they did before using 4.4.3 (UBUNTU). The code in question is as follows: # create a 3D offset on each chart # # object 1 set the background colour of the entire image set object 1 rectangle from screen 0,0 to screen 1.05,1.05 behind fc rgb "#e5e5e5" fillstyle solid noborder # # object 2 rectangle but it does'nt show up set object 2 rectangle from graph 0,0 to graph 1.05,1.05 behind fc rgb "#000000" fillstyle transparent border # # object 3 changes the color of the graph area set object 3 rectangle from graph 0,0 to graph 1.05,1.05 behind fc rgb "#fffff0" fillstyle transparent border # end 3D offset # everything else works as expected, the lines above created a 3D offset for the chart area... now the black offset doesn't show up, even though it's offset. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help. Dom Dom wrote: > Hello, > > I have recently upgraded to gnuplot 4.6.x (On SUSE 12.3) and I have > noticed that now my charts look different than they did before using > 4.4.3 (UBUNTU). > > The code in question is as follows: > > # create a 3D offset on each chart I'm not following you, sorry. What's a "3D offset"? Is this a 2D plot ("plot" command) or a 3D plot ("splot" command)? > # &g...

GNUplot 4.4 and 4.6 difference with text in graph
Hello I've recently started testing GNUplot 4.6 and have one graph which shows up different then in 4.4. This is the gnuplot file: set term png truecolor size 800,600 set output "ciphers.png" set xlabel "Ciphersuite" set ylabel "Amount" set title "HTTPS Ciphersuites" set grid set xtics rotate by -45 axis out offset 0,1.5 set boxwidth 1 relative set style fill transparent solid 0.5 border rgb"black" plot "cipher" u 1:xtic(2) w boxes lc rgb"blue" This is the raw data: 1 CAMELLIA256-SHA 1 SEED-SHA 2 DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA 4 DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA256-SHA 5 EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA 11 ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA 24 DES-CBC3-SHA 115 AES128-SHA 171 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA 241 RC4-MD5 279 AES256-SHA 428 ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA 550 RC4-SHA 650 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA This is the 4.6 image: http://i.imgur.com/Pn5uzy8.png This is the 4.4 image: http://i.imgur.com/lZOIcX4.png GNUplot versions: gnuplot 4.4 patchlevel 3 gnuplot 4.6 patchlevel 0 Both on Ubuntu (12.04/13.10) As you can see the text in the 4.4 version is in the bar vertically, in the 4.6 version it is rotated and not in the bar anymore. How can I solve this? relstnl@gmail.com wrote: > Hello > > I've recently started testing GNUplot 4.6 and have one graph which > shows up different then in 4.4. > > This is the gnuplot file: ...

Question about gnuplot 4.4.3 and version 4.5
Dear all, I would like to try out gnuplot 4.5 that is currently under development to try out terminal tikz. On the other hand I would like to have a reliable gnuplot version installed. Would this be possible to have both version installed, please, and could you give me advise how this should be done on Mac OSX, please? Or is there a chance to realise something similar like this tikz terminal in the current gnuplot version? I have not fully understand this. Kind regards and thank you for your advice. G. On Sun, 29 May 2011 10:15:42 -0700, G. wrote: > Dear all, > I would like to try out gnuplot 4.5 that is currently under development > to try out terminal tikz. On the other hand I would like to have a > reliable gnuplot version installed. Would this be possible to have both > version installed, please, and could you give me advise how this should > be done on Mac OSX, please? > Or is there a chance to realise something similar like this tikz > terminal in the current gnuplot version? I have not fully understand > this. > Kind regards and thank you for your advice. G. See the item rpm? from Feb 21st. I describe how to build a local version of gnuplot from source. You can then have as many local versions as you want. Assuming that building gnuplot on Mac OSX is similar to building on Linux. Cheers, Peter Dear Peter, I have found your entry. It worked until make. Make stopped with dyld: Library not loaded: ...

gnuplot 4.1 #4
I am running a release from late spring of the above under OS/2 -- was/is there a problem with the fill algorithm circles overlap in a plot? All circles do not fill in my plots -- I use "with points pt 7 ps variable". ...

Howto update gnuplot from version 4.2 to version 4.4?
I install gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 5 at my Slackware 12.2. I need update my gnuplot's version, but I don't know how. I install gnuplot by it's own 'make install' process. Help me How do I update gnuplot? I think uninstall gnuplot 4.2 after to install gnuplot 4.4. But at slackware doesn't work removepkg, or slackpkg remove. On 1 abr, 18:38, mfduqued <mfduq...@gmail.com> wrote: > I install gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 5 at my Slackware 12.2. I need update > my gnuplot's version, but I don't know how. I install gnuplot by it's > own 'ma...

Re: If You have an option to move from 7.3 to 9.3 or 9.4. Which one you prefer 9.3 or 9.4
I would recommend moving to 9.4. If you have to move its better to be on a newer release. The support curve will be longer. Catch a look at the release notes and known bugs that might be important to you. Also, if you email this group with information about the sorts of problems you have experienced with 7.3 and your particular environment you might get a more useful answer. Mark ----- Original Message ----- From: "Azeemuddin, Basheer" <bazeemuddin@KNRQ.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 11:51 Subject: If You have an...

gnuplot 4.4 ignores my font in gif/png terminals (ubuntu 10.04)
In Ubuntu 10.04 I have installed the gnuplot 4.4 package. With the gif and png terminals, the font I'm specifying is simply ignored and some default one is always used. I have set the environment variable GDFONTPATH to where the fonts are located. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Thanks! Anonyme Account wrote: > In Ubuntu 10.04 I have installed the gnuplot 4.4 package. > > With the gif and png terminals, the font I'm specifying is simply > ignored and some default one is always used. > > I have set the environment variable GDFONTPATH to where the fonts are > located. > > Can anyone help me fix this problem? Thanks! Could you show us 1) the exact command you use to select the font, e.g. set term png font "arial" 2) the full name (and directory) of the font file you were expecting to find 3) the value of environmental variable GDFONTPATH 4) the exact version of libgd, e.g. grep VERSION /usr/include/multiarch-i386-linux/gd.h 5) the value of environmental variable GNUPLOT_DEFAULT_GDFONT Am 19.11.2010 19:22, schrieb sfeam: > Anonyme Account wrote: > >> In Ubuntu 10.04 I have installed the gnuplot 4.4 package. >> >> With the gif and png terminals, the font I'm specifying is simply >> ignored and some default one is always used. >> I have on windows 7 a similar problem with latest gnuplot stable. Even with font arial in png terminal all gree...

gnuplot 4.4.0 and 4.5cvs generates invalid SVG files
Dear developers, SVG files generated by either gnuplot 4.4.0 or 4.5cvs cannot pass as valid SVG at the W3's online validator tool (http://validator.w3.org/ check). Take the following example: set term svg set out "fail.svg" plot x set out Uploading the generated file will result in the error message: "Line 81, Column 26: required attribute "xlink:href" not specified <a xlink:title=3D"Plot #1"> The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it." The same commands, processed by gnuplot 4.2.6 will result in a valid SVG, however. This is by no means a theoretical issue: Scribus fails to import correctly the SVG files made by these versions of gnuplot - the tic marks and the borders are visible, but the plot and the key are not. In fact, the only striking difference between the valid SVG made by 4.2.6 and the broken one made by 4.4+ is this <a xlink...> tag that wraps around the actual plot, that is, exactly those elements that are missing from Scribus' import. It seems that this use of <a xlink:title=3D"whatever"> is incorrect, and frankly, I don't understand what was the intention here. To create a link between the key and the plot? Currently it's not working that way, and I don't see much point in making it work. If I fiddle with the SVG file by inserting "href" and "id" defin...

ANNOUNCE: Release of DJGPP ports of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5,, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05
This is announcement of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. All these GCC versions are built using DJGPP v2.05 under Windows Vista Business SP3. Requirements for using binary packages: - DJGPP v2.05 (packages are NOT intended to be used with DJGPP v2.03) - binutils-2.22 or above (binutils-2.24 or above recommended) Currently all packages are still located at: ftp://ftp.de...

System Freeze
I have a FreeBSD 4.7 system that is minimally configured running Sendmail 8.12.9 that runs very smoothly most of the time. However once a month or less it simply freezes. The system is still ping-able but it does not respond to port 25 requests, telnet or console keystrokes. There is no core dump but the only way to recover the system is to hard-boot it (power cycle). The system does run DNS caching and I suspect that perhaps DNS is somehow involved in the problem. Has anyone seen this and if so are there any suggestions for resolution? Thanks, std In article <1d5bacdb.0306251209.4e5...

FreeBSD 4.9
Hello everybody, installed FreeBSD on second Hard Drive (Slave on IDE 1). Impossible to boot.. Error Panic: Contigmalloc1 must be 0. Why? Could help me in fix it? I want to boot!! -- "In teoria non esiste differenza tra la teoria e la pratica. Ma in pratica c'� differenza." Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut On 2003-10-19, Mastromega <mastromega@tottoro.org> wrote: > Hello everybody, > installed FreeBSD on second Hard Drive (Slave on IDE 1). Impossible to > boot.. Error Panic: Contigmalloc1 must be 0. > Why? Could help me in fix it? I want to boot!! Please send a mail with more details (e.g. boot -v output) to stable@FreeBSD.org Kris ...

FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7, Oracle 9.2.0.4
Hello, I tried to install Oracle 9 on FreeBSD, but during the installation, it's always blocked (freeze) at 66%, java runtime environment ( JRE ), I tried, all the Linux-Blackdown version and also all the Linux-sun-jdk ports without succes. I followed step by step http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200402/oracle.html. Any one have a Idea, where's my error ? thx Seb On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 02:49:40 -0400, Seb wrote: > Hello, > > I tried to install Oracle 9 on FreeBSD, but during the installation, > it's > always blocked (freeze) at 66%, ja...

Gnuplot 4.4.1 release
GNUPLOT VERSION 4.4.1 =================================== Version 4.4.1 is an incremental update to the current official base release gnuplot version 4.4. A synopsis of changes since the previous release is given below and in the NEWS file. Further information is given in ChangeLog. New features, changes and fixes in gnuplot version 4.4.1 =========================================================== * NEW Support the "%s" format specifier in strftime() * NEW Optional 6th data column in candlesticks style to specific box width * NEW If integer arithmetic i*j or i**j would overflow, return value as a real * NEW "set style circle radius <default-radius>" * FIX autoconfiguration of readline support in OSX * FIX font problems in win terminal * FIX Protect against runaway recursion by limiting depth of nested functions * FIX metapost terminal: Fix inheritance of line thickness by text strings * FIX cairo terminals could segfault on certain enhanced text strings * FIX pdfcairo output to stdout now works * FIX font ",size" in non-enhanced mode postscript terminals * FIX Do a better job of estimating the width of UTF-8 encoded strings * FIX baseline bug in canvas terminal rotation of enhanced text * FIX Allow "with labels" to work for binary input data * FIX update user GPVAL variables after plot in table mode * CHANGE depth-sorting of pm3d surfaces now applies jointly to all in the plot ...

FreeBSD 4.4 init dieing
I am a relative newbie to FreeBSD but quite experienced with Linux and SunOS. I have a machine that had FreeBSD 3.2 (GENERIC kernel) running that had been installed from CD. I needed to update it to FreeBSD 4.4 but don't have the CDs, so I tried the the FTP install from ftp://smokeping.planetmirror.com/pub/freebsd-archive/releases/i386 and everything seemed to go fine until the final reboot. The bootup process is fine up through trying to readthe cd-rom drive and then chokes with init died (signal 6 exit 0) and reboots. I would greatly appreciated any suggeestions or insights that can be offered. Thanks. --Richard In article <cKjmb.863$jt6.57402@news.uswest.net>, Richard Pyne <rpyne@shopsite.com> writes: > I am a relative newbie to FreeBSD but quite experienced with Linux and > SunOS. > > I have a machine that had FreeBSD 3.2 (GENERIC kernel) running that had > been installed from CD. > > I needed to update it to FreeBSD 4.4 but don't have the CDs, so I tried > the the FTP install from > ftp://smokeping.planetmirror.com/pub/freebsd-archive/releases/i386 > and everything seemed to go fine until the final reboot. > Why do you need 4.4 instead of 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, or the upcoming 4.9? As you may have guessed, 4.4 is several years old and (without a description of your harware) you may have a hardware incompatibility. > The bootup process is fine up th...

routing from FreeBSD 4 to FreeBSD 6
hello ... I need to do the following on a FreeBSD 6.1 box: # for kpnadsl/using sip_spoof static_routes="spt mxs" route_spt="-net 10.0.0.138/32 -interface 213.xx.xx.xxx -cloning" route_mxs="default 10.0.0.138" (this was done on a FreeBSD 4.10 box, which worked fine) during the boot on the FreeBSD 6.1 box, it gives an error on the route_mxs line and stops booting. thus, how does this have to be done on FreeBSD 6.1? ta, c. comp.unix.bsd.freebsd is not widely propagated, so you won't necessarily get much help here (in comp.unix.bsd.free...

What to do 4 a correct Partition 4 freeBSD ?
Hiho I want to install freeBSD on my PC beside of Windows. I've made a partition ( 9GB ) an started the installation of freeBSD. i had to select a "slice" and i didn't found my 9GB partiton. Now i don't know what to do. what'S the name of the Filesystem of freeBSD ? Is there any *free* partition tool that allows me to make the right partitions ? Thanx Hanno On 2 Jan 2004 13:54:19 -0800 Hanno-Becker@Hanno-Becker.de (Hanno Becker) wrote: > Hiho > I want to install freeBSD on my PC beside of Windows. I've made a > partition ( 9GB ) an started the installation of freeBSD. i had to > select a "slice" and i didn't found my 9GB partiton. Now i don't know > what to do. what'S the name of the Filesystem of freeBSD ? Is there > any *free* partition tool that allows me to make the right partitions > ? My personal favorite is linux fdisk. Get pair of boot disks from slackware (7.x? not the newer ones with 5 install disks). In bsd fdisk, you should have something like ad0s1, ad0s2... the bsd type will be 165. Linux fdisk will list say hda1, hda2... and the bsd type would be a5. The cool thing about linux fdisk is that it will show you a list of the types. As it would be the case, I was planning on experimenting with a winnt / fbsd dual boot this evening. I'll take extra notes. Post a reply if you need more details. -- donLouis "Hanno Becker" <Hanno-Becker...

X 4.4 from NetBSD for FreeBSD?
Hey everyone, It seems that only X-4.4 supports my video card (Radeon VE 7000), but freebsd package collection does not have it yet. I wonder if I can get the package from netbsd and install it on my freebsd? Anybody has any experiences on this? Thanks. Vu Anh Nguyen Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332 Email: gte739w@prism.gatech.edu On 2004-04-11, Vu Anh Nguyen <gte739w@mail.gatech.edu> wrote: > Hey everyone, > > It seems that only X-4.4 supports my video card (Radeon VE 7000), but > freebsd package collection does not have it yet. I wonder if I can get the > package from netbsd and install it on my freebsd? Anybody has any > experiences on this? Thanks. Why not just use the packages XFree86 produce, if you're desperate? :) Kris ...

Web resources about - gnuplot with png/jpeg on FreeBSD 4.9 or FreeBSD 4.7 - comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot

gnuplot homepage
Gnuplot is a portable command-line driven graphing utility for Linux, OS/2, MS Windows, OSX, VMS, and many other platforms.The source code is ...

gnuplot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
gnuplot is a command-line program that can generate two- and three-dimensional plots of functions , data , and data fits. It is frequently used ...

Gnuplot.py
is a Python package that interfaces to gnuplot , the popular open-sourceplotting program. It allows you to use gnuplot from within Python toplot ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: Graphing: Gnuplot
Gnuplot is a command-line driven, interactive, function and data-plotting program for producing 2D and 3D plots. Although Gnuplot does not have ...

Gnuplot
Gnuplot (Linux) is a portable command-line driven graphing utility for Linux. The source code is copyrighted but freely distributed....

App Store - iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices!
Get iCAS — Workstation-class scientific computing for iOS devices! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

The "B" Ark: The About Page
Originally, my website was, well, crap. 'course, it's still crap, but it's cooler! Anyway, the old site was more of a Javascript experiment than ...

Easily Distracted
Initially, I wrote this script to give me frequent feedback on the signal strength. This is useful when adjusting antennas to that sweet spot ...

Commands tagged gnome-open . - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with gnome-open . - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

Cygwin Package List
Cygwin Install Cygwin Update Cygwin Search Packages Licensing Terms Cygwin/X Community Reporting Problems Mailing Lists Newsgroups Gold Stars ...

Resources last updated: 3/2/2016 8:27:15 PM