Trellis graphics in gnuplot?

Anybody working on importing/ scripting trellis graphics for
gnuplot?

Here are some examples (I think some fancy multiplots might do the
trick, but maybe not quite, plus I am hoping to stand on the shoulders
of giants):

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/ms/departments/sia/project/trellis/display.examples.html

TIA
0
Webb
4/13/2009 3:06:50 AM
comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot 5008 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

the graphics and the concept of the graphic
Hiya all. everybody should applicate this type of guidelines This movement builds a strong visual link between the head and shoulders. If you get the correct relationship between the eyes, nose and mouth, you will end up with a good likeness. Our Pencil Portrait lesson explains and illustrates the step by step drawing techniques involved in creating the portrait of a young girl. At this stage, the drawing is no more than a set of carefully measured features that establish the final proportions of the portrait. There are three basic stages in the creation of the image...

paintComponent(Graphics graphics)
Hi=20 I hope I can explain this clearly without getting into too much detail as t= he code in question is a couple of thousand of lines. So to begin, I have = a JPanel to which I add JLabels and JComponents using JPanel's add() method= .. It works fine, but now I would like to print an image ON TOP of the adde= d JLabels and JComponents. For this I manipulate my JPanel's paintComponen= t(Graphics graphics) method. In it I have something of the following sort: paintComponent(Graphics graphics){ Graphics2D g =3D (Graphics2D)graphics.create(); g.drawImage(image, 200, ...

graphic inside a graphic
Hi everyone Does anybody know how to insert a graphic inside a graphic?? I mean, to add a small graphic (as a zoom for example) inside a plot. Thanks augusto try axes try axes check out the tool 'imshow()', then try to bring the figure in shape get(gca) and superimpose your graph - 'hold on', 'plot()', 'hold off' (Haven't tried it my self so far) Thorben The example below shows you how to insert a graphic (e.g. photo) into another MATLAB figure. I = imread('peppers.png'); theta = linspace(-pi,pi,200); figure; plot(theta,cos(theta)); gr...

Graphics--combining graphics
I am trying to create an animation of a piecewise function. I have a graph of a ball rolling and I would like to combine an animation for one equation of motion for the first part with another equation for the second part of the motion. It is easy enough to create the two animations individually, however I am stumped on how to combine them into one continuous animation. Link to the forum page for this post: http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10007#p10007 Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=10007]] ...

Is gnuplot good for custom graphics?
Is gnuplot good for pixel plotting in high colour (24 bits) to the screen, or is there a better library to use for this sort of application? vfunc@talktalk.net wrote: > Is gnuplot good for pixel plotting in high colour (24 bits) to the > screen, or is there a better library to use for this sort of > application? Hard, if not impossible to say, without knowing what you might mean by "pixel plotting to the screen"? gnuplot is a plotting program, not a generic pixel-based graphics engine. -- Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de) Even if al...

running gnuplot without popup/graphics
Hi, I am using a perl script with embedded gnuplot commands to generate multiple plot-picture files at every time step. I would like to know how do I prevent the gnuplot plot window from popping up every time step. It's annoying. Thanks -Israel On 17.11.2010 21:01, ilmsantos wrote: > I am using a perl script with embedded gnuplot commands to generate > multiple plot-picture files at every time step. I would like to know > how do I prevent the gnuplot plot window from popping up every time > step. Hard to tell if you don't show as much as single line of actual gnuplot commands. The only reason for a plot window to pop up generally is a plot command issued by you, with the terminal (still) set to the default GUI driver. So don't do that. On Nov 17, 12:16=A0pm, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker <HBBroe...@t-online.de> wrote: > On 17.11.2010 21:01, ilmsantos wrote: > > > I am using a perl script with embedded gnuplot commands to generate > > multiple plot-picture files at every time step. I would like to know > > how do I prevent the gnuplot plot window from popping up every time > > step. > > Hard to tell if you don't show as much as single line of actual gnuplot > commands. =A0The only reason for a plot window to pop up generally is a > plot command issued by you, with the terminal (still) set to the default > GUI driver. =A0So don't do that. Thank you for you...

How to store graphics text in postscript in GNUplot
Hi All, We are trying to replace PV wave with GNUplot, and in the current PV wave code, it uses a lot of XYOUTS commands to output graphics text to a postscript file. Is there a suitable replacement for this in GNUplot ? I tried to go thru the documentation, but couldn't find one. TIA, Priyan Priyan wrote: > We are trying to replace PV wave with GNUplot, and in the current PV > wave code, it uses a lot of XYOUTS commands to output graphics text to > a postscript file. Is there a suitable replacement for this in GNUplot > ? I tried to go thru the documentation,...

graphical interfaces to gnuplot for MS Windows
Hi, Where can I find a complete list of currently available graphical interfaces or wrappers for GNUPLOT, especially designed to run the program under MS Windows? Leslaw ...

Graphics--combining graphics #2
Hi, > I am trying to create an animation of a piecewise function. > I have a graph of a ball rolling and I would like to combine > an animation for one equation of motion for the first part > with another equation for the second part of the motion. It > is easy enough to create the two animations individually, > however I am stumped on how to combine them into one > continuous animation. > Link to the forum page for this post: > http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp? > pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=10007#p100...

Graphic screen to a graphic file
Does anybody know how to save a graphic screen created using dGE into a file that can be printed with Pagescript such as a BMP or JPG? Ian DTE Systems ...

Graphics--combining graphics #3
Are you looking for something like the following? Needs["Graphics`Colors`"] Needs["Graphics`Animation`"] y[t_] := Piecewise[{{0, t <= 10}, {-(t - 10)^2/10, t > 10}}] frame[s_] := Module[ {t}, t = Max[0, Min[20, s]]; Show[ Graphics[ {Red, Disk[{t, y[t]}, 0.2], Black, Circle[{t, y[t]}, 0.2], VanDykeBrown, Rectangle[{-0.2, -0.5}, {10, -0.2}]}], AspectRatio -> Automatic, PlotRange -> {{-1, 21}, {-11, 1}}, ImageSize -> 400, Background -> Linen ] ] Animate[frame[s],...

direct graphics or object graphics ?
Hi people, I'm a student programming a software for analysis and visualisation of some kinds of data. In my interface I want to show some plots. I have an object for do OPLOTs using object graphics but I dont know if is better to use object graphics when I'll try to plot more than 1000 plots. I think programming in object graphics is better than direct graphics but Im not sure. Any opinions ???? Thanks, Bernat nata writes: > I'm a student programming a software for analysis and visualisation of > some kinds of data. In my interface I want to show some plots. > I ha...

Printing Graphic or saving graphic
Hello, I wrote a program that does some processing to an image, and then makes a histogram. Except I have 20 images to look at and compare their histograms. I can run the program 20 times, however, how do I save or print the histogram so I can compare them? Thanks! Radha rpertaub@gmail.com writes: > I wrote a program that does some processing to an image, and then > makes a histogram. Except I have 20 images to look at and compare > their histograms. I can run the program 20 times, however, how do I > save or print the histogram so I can compare them? Well, let me count the wa...

Graphic
Good mornig everybody. I want to plot in scilab and hide the middle of the axies. Example : i have a circle centred, center ( 0, ); radius = 10+rand. I want to see only the random values. Has anyone understood my message ? A if yes, can you help me ? Fred Do you want to remove all the axis or just a part of the axis ? ...

gnuplot
- - [[[[ to unsubscribe from info-gnuplot, send an email with body unsubscribe info-gnuplot to majordomo@dartmouth.edu ]]]] ...

graphic
Is it possible to have the value of the column on top of the column on a histogram graphic? Rafael B=E9langer via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Is it possible to have the value of the column on top of the column on a > histogram graphic? Could you tell us more about what graphic tool you are using? Are you making your own histogram in Access (I do all the time) or are you using Excel? Thanks, Hank Reed Yes, my histogram is a access graphic and what i really want is to have the value of a field, which represent 1 column, to be at the top of the column so u can see the exact percentage o...

graphic
how i can use graphics mode under windows for c++builder-x(borland) enterprise edition? **************************************************************** what is best and simple reference for learn visual c++? Majid Sadeghi wrote: > how i can use graphics mode under windows for c++builder-x(borland) > enterprise edition? > **************************************************************** > what is best and simple reference for learn visual c++? http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9 Jonathan file->new project. choose platform DOS-Standard Chek library...

GnuPLOT
After a long journey of research. The best programme for RISC OS in plotting seems to be a port of GnuPLOT (v.3.4) which I found on an old CD of GAG (http://www.gag.de). I cannot find it in the Internet. There is also a newsgroup (graphics.apps.gnuplot) belonging the programm. The very powerfull programme was ported by FKW & ETJ vd Pol and is usable in the desktop. It also creates drawfiles which is a very important issue for me. However, it isn't bug-free and wasn't supported for many years. A later port of GNUPlot doesn't seem to be so good (3.71) and is old, too: http://ho...

Gnuplot
How can I fix this? Or when is a "package" not a package? freebsd# gnuplot /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpdf.so.7" not found, required by "gnuplot" -- Robert Kopp http://analytic.tripod.com Robert Kopp <koppr@hevanet.com> wrote: > How can I fix this? Or when is a "package" not a package? > > freebsd# gnuplot > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpdf.so.7" not found, required by > "gnuplot" > niobe% pkgdb /usr/local/lib/libpdf.so.7 pdflib-6.0.1 Michel Talon wrote: > Robert Kopp <koppr@hevanet.com> wrote: >> How can I fix this? Or when is a "package" not a package? >> >> freebsd# gnuplot >> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpdf.so.7" not found, required by >> "gnuplot" >> > niobe% pkgdb /usr/local/lib/libpdf.so.7 > pdflib-6.0.1 It's really not there: /usr/local/lib/libpdf.so.7: not found freebsd# cd /usr/local/lib freebsd# ls I suppose I need to get it from somewhere and put it there. This is probably a "bug," isn't it? -- Robert Kopp http://analytic.tripod.com On 2005-11-15, Robert Kopp <koppr@hevanet.com> wrote: > Michel Talon wrote: > >> Robert Kopp <koppr@hevanet.com> wrote: >>> How can I fix this? Or when is a "package" not a package? >>> >>> freeb...

graphic
Dear All, May I build 3D curve graphic z=F2(x,y), where x and y are the solutions of equation F1(x,y)==0 ? May I receive list of points from a "ImplicitPlot" graphic ? Best regards Nodar Shubitidze On 2009.11.01. 23:58, Nodar wrote: > Dear All, > > May I build 3D curve graphic z=F2(x,y), where x and y are the > solutions of equation F1(x,y)==0 ? > May I receive list of points from a "ImplicitPlot" graphic ? The simplest way would be to solve the F1(x,y)==0 equation. Here's a hackish solution ...

EvSail-3.2 with real time gnuplot graphics
EvSail demonstrates the ability of neuroevolution to create a "virtual yachtsman" capable of navigation & guidance of a simulated sailboat. It is written in standard C. All source code is included, along with ample documentation. This version has an interface to gnuplot, and makes graphs of trajectories during evolution. EvSail consists of the following principal components: - A mathematical model of sailboat physics, involving lift & drag of the keel & sails, and vector resolution of relative wind and water flows. The virtual sailboat moves under the influence of...

help with graphic a circle and triangles on the same graphic.
Hi , i made a program (.m file) that calculates de area of a circle by adding isoceles triangles (polygons) so tehn it shows the errors and stuff , so you can put how many trianges you want to inscribe in the circle but now i need to graphic the circle and the triangles , and i just can't do that , help me please , by email im from chile thanks. ...

2D graphics with C++ (graphics newbie)
I'm trying to make a card game in C++ with animation so simple as dealing cards to a hand, placing cards on a table, a bit of scaling and thats about it (maybe some 2d characters running across the screen). I'm looking for the most painless way to do this, while still making it look good ie no flickering etc. Any advice into libraries to use or techniques. Would maybe embedding Flash be most efficient? What about things such as the Java 2d API or would i have to go as complex as OpenGL? Thanks in advance for any help. (maybe it is a little OT?) Flash would be simple, but if you wa...

Creating Graphics Files without Graphics
I'm automating some tasks, creating graphics for articles. Currently I'm creating a graph, then sizing it, then using xs2eps to export the graphic to a file. The problem is that when I run this all in batch mode Scilab wants to actually create each graph as it goes, as an open window. This is very distracting. Is there a way to at least get it to create the window in the closed state, or -- better -- to make the graphics file more directly, without having to create a graphic window at all? -- Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services http://www.wescottdesign.com ...

Web resources about - Trellis graphics in gnuplot? - comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot

Wikipedia:Graphic Lab/Photography workshop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the requests page for the photography workshop. Anyone can make a request for a photograph to be improved for a Wikipedia article. The standard ...

A graphic depiction of the problem John Kasich has right now.
I'm watching the Sunday morning shows, and I thought John Kasich gave a great interview on "State of the Union with Jake Tapper." I jumped out ...

Read The Graphic Police Report From Montee Ball’s Arrest For Allegedly Beating His Girlfriend
Read The Graphic Police Report From Montee Ball’s Arrest For Allegedly Beating His Girlfriend

Chicago ABC Station Apologizes For Using McDonald's Restaurant Graphic In Story On Laquan McDonald
Chicago ABC station WLS issued an on-air apology last night after using a McDonald’s restaurant over-the-shoulder graphic to illustrate a story ...

'Far Cry Primal' Review Date Revealed Alongside PS4, Xbox One Graphics Comparison [WATCH]
"Far Cry Primal" reviews are coming, and we have the exact embargo date here. A new graphics comparison also shows how the game's visuals differ ...

Cheap smartphones will soon get much better graphics
The company that created the iPhone's graphics chip wants to bring its pixel-crunching expertise to dirt-cheap smartphones. Imagination Technologies ...

Graphic Designer Paula Scher Shows New Paintings at Bryce Wolkowitz and Reflects on Career in Design
Graphic designer Paula Scher's latest exhibition U.S.A. opened last night at Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery. It consists of cartographic paintings focusing ...

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO: Mummified body of German adventurer found inside yacht
WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTO: Mummified body of German adventurer found inside yacht

Graphic Photos Begin 'Grim Sleeper' Serial Killing Trial
Prosecutor says bodies in 'Grim Sleeper' serial killing case were dumped in alleys and garbage bins in South Los Angeles, some naked, some covered ...

Graphic Novel Captures What It's Like to Be Gay in Iran: Part 2
Rejection, loneliness and separation can make for a dangerous combination. In the second installment of the graphic novel "Yousef and Farhad" ...