Turn off axes completely

Hi,
I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the surface -
I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with this for ages
but can't figure it out - please help!

Thanks :)

0
Rob
12/19/2009 4:06:21 AM
comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot 4916 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rob Bowman wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the
> surface - I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with
> this for ages but can't figure it out - please help!

reset
unset border
unset xtics
unset ytics
plot x

HTH
Stefan
0
Stefan
12/19/2009 9:50:41 AM
Thanks very much! unset border is what I was missing.

Incidentally, I am calling pgnuplot from c# .net code, here's how I did it,
in case this can be of help to anyone (there's not a lot of info around on
this):

            string strDirTmp = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("TEMP");

            // Write ascii pixel data to a gnuplot matrix data file
            string gpDataFileName = id + ".splot_dat.ascii";
            string gpDataFileFullPath = strDirTmp + @"\" + gpDataFileName;
            File.Delete(gpDataFileFullPath); // deletes data file if it
already exists
            System.IO.StreamWriter sw = new
System.IO.StreamWriter(gpDataFileFullPath);
            TDLog.T_WriteLine("Writing {0}x{1} pixel data to gnuplot ascii
matrix data file '{2}'", width, height, gpDataFileFullPath);
            string str = "# gnuplot surface plot data for id '" + id + "'";
            sw.WriteLine(str);
            for (int x = 0; x < width; x++)
            {
                str = "";
                for (int y = 0; y < height; y++)
                    str += data[y * width + x].ToString() + " ";
                sw.WriteLine(str);
            }
            sw.Close();

            // Start pgnuplot
            string strDirGP = @"C:\gnuplot\bin"; // TODO - should not be
hardcoded
            string gpExeFileFullPath = strDirGP + @"\pgnuplot.exe";
            ProcessStartInfo psi = new ProcessStartInfo(gpExeFileFullPath);
            psi.RedirectStandardInput = true;
            psi.UseShellExecute = false;
            psi.CreateNoWindow = true;
            psi.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;

            try
            {
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Starting GNUPlot process '{0}'",
gpExeFileFullPath);
                Process extPro = Process.Start(psi);

                // Start a StreamWriter as a stdin pipe to pgnuplot
                StreamWriter gpStWr = extPro.StandardInput;

                // set plotting options
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Setting gnuplot plotstyle options");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("reset");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("title notitle");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set pm3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset key");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set hidden3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set contour surface");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set dgrid 80 splines");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set view 60, 45, 1, 1.5");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset border");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset xtics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ytics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ztics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset colorbox");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set xyplane relative 0");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set terminal png enhanced transparent
truecolor");

                // set the output file
                string gpOutputFileFullPath = strDirTmp + "\\" + id +
".splot_out.png";
                File.Delete(gpOutputFileFullPath); // deletes o/p file if it
already exists
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"set output '" + gpOutputFileFullPath
+"'");

                // do the plot
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Plotting to file '{0}'",
gpOutputFileFullPath);
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"splot '" + gpDataFileFullPath + "' matrix
with lines");

                // close gnuplot
                gpStWr.WriteLine("quit");
                gpStWr.Flush();

                extPro.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                TDLog.T_DumpException(ex);
            }

            TDLog.T_WriteLine("Plot completed");

0
Rob

How can I turn off "Preview" in Leopard?
Whenever I double click on an image file icon it opens in Preview, which is annoying, since I can't do much with the image in that program. How can I set things up so that image files open in Photoshop? Thanks, Ed in Dallas In article <C4093F72.892F%embarc@flash.net>, "Edward M. Baum" <embarc@flash.net> wrote: > Whenever I double click on an image file icon it opens in Preview, which is > annoying, since I can't do much with the image in that program. > > How can I set things up so that image files open in Photoshop? > > Thanks, > &g...

1483
Hi, http://www.1483online.com/index.php "1483 Online is a turn based strategy game where 28 players take command of one of the leading nations in the world from the year 1483 AD. Players must use diplomacy to forge alliances and command their armies in an attempt to expand their empire and conquer the world! 1483 Online is FREE to Download and FREE to play" Greetz, Eddy Sterckx umm..just a tad late time. I want Joan of Arc:) <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1147202989.524271.71990@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > http:/...

Can I turn sendmail off?
Hi, I'm running an openbsd box as a little router for my home network and I'd like to turn sendmail off as it seems completely useless. Will this break things? And is it enough to just /etc/rc.conf so the line that was sendmail_flags="-L sm-mta -C/etc/mail/localhost.cf -bd -q30m" to sendmail_flags=NO ?? Ben. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:21:57 +1000, Ben O'Brien wrote: > Hi, I'm running an openbsd box as a little router for my home network > and I'd like to turn sendmail off as it seems > completely useless. It's not useless. Eve...

powerman won't turn on
I own a couple of PowerMac Desktop M8573LL's, one as a backup I keep in a spare bedroom that I don't keep heated. The one in the bedroom was working fine when I last turned it on, but I probably haven't used it since November. Now suddenly it refuses to start, both from the "touch-on" from the monitor and also directly from the computer. I tried switching out the batteries from my primary one that I use regularly, but it still won't turn on. I was just wondering if anyone knows another reason why it wouldn't turn on, maybe related to sitting...

Earn money by completing serveys, not points!!!
Dear Everyone For those people who are signed up with servey sites that give you points for completing serveys and you redeam them for cash, LEAVE THEM! I recently registered to be a member of SurveySavvy.com to participate in surveys online that pays you real cash, not points that are worthless. If you join, you can get paid when you participate in surveys. When you refer friends, you will get paid for their participation and their friends' participation. They pay cash! Check out the Earnings Calculator in the Refer Friends section: http://www.surveysavvy.com/index.cfm?fa=refe...

Turning off the dock completely
How do I turn off the dock in OS X? I don't want it autohiding, I want it hidden permanently. I don't want it showing up when i mouse over it. Thank you In article <51c3a5d3.0307291243.1ee148d@posting.google.com>, utsuxs@hotmail.com (bob) wrote: > How do I turn off the dock in OS X? I don't want it autohiding, I > want it hidden permanently. I don't want it showing up when i mouse > over it. > > Thank you To my knowledge you can't turn it off, you can only hide it. Michael -- My email address is ROT-13 encoded. Decode to send email. Micha...

Turning string into object (name)
Hi all, I have something like this: def dbconn(): #Establishes connection to local db try: conn = client() db = conn.db_solar #dbname collection = db.main # dbcollection / Table print "Connected to database successfully!!!" return(db,collection) except errors.ConnectionFailure, e: print "Could not connect to MongoDB: %s" % e sys.exit() Now I want to remove the hardcoded 'db_solar' and 'main' (from db.main) and load these values from a config file. Once I have loaded in a string 'db_solar' from a config file how d...

KOTOR bug
For me, FSAA/ANSIO are turned off during cutscenes and then remain off afterwards. They are still listed as enabled in 'options,' but it's obvious from the (poor) appearance of the game that they've been killed. Sometimes when I re-enable them by changing the settings, the game crashes. This happens only during the major, full-screen cutscenes, not the cutscenes that simply show characters talking. Is this a problem for anyone else? -Mike ...

OT: As the worm turns #2
It is a terribly effective virus, infecting one's machine quietly. By merely being connected to the Internet, your machine is at risk, without even an email attachment. The office machines seem to be protected for now. If your home PC is infected, you can remove the virus by following the steps listed at this website: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100547.htm Susie Li Sanofi-Synthelabo, Inc. 90 Park Ave New York, NY 10016 (212)551-4385 susie.li@us.sanofi.com Important: The Information in this e-mail belongs to Sanofi-Synthelabo Inc., is intended for the use of the individual or e...

How to avoid that the display turns off due to DPMS
Hi, I am launching firefox on a account on a SunRay instead of bash shell and having problems not getting the monitor tp powerdown after a while. How do I do that I have tried xset -dpms before starting firefox without success. /michael Michael <michael_laajanen@yahoo.com> writes: >Hi, >I am launching firefox on a account on a SunRay instead of bash shell >and having problems not getting the monitor tp powerdown after a while. >How do I do that I have tried xset -dpms before starting firefox without >success. You need to disable Screen saver also. (xset s of...

How to turn off........
Pegasus v. 4.... How do I turn off the message 'preview pane'? Must be in 'help' somewhere, just can't find it! Ta -- Macie ZZR600E1 ...

[News] Governments Turn Away from Proprietary Software, Choose Free Software Instead

IOCTL_SERIAL_WAIT_ON_MASK Completes immediately.
Hi All I am trying to set Wait Mask for EV_RXCHAR and then Wait on this mask. The Set Wait Mask completes with success but the EV_RXCHAR completes immediately even if there is no data pending on the device. I am doing the usual irp = IoBuildDeviceIoControlRequest ( IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_WAIT_MASK, ComPortDevice, &mask, sizeof(ULONG), NULL, 0, FALSE, // External &event, ...

Word completion options
In insertion mode, I can press ctrl-n to complete the word. The problem is that it goes off searching all header files that are in my .cpp file (via #include). This takes ages. Is there an option to tell it to just search the buffers I have open? Cheers for any info, - Dan Dan <dracan2@googlemail.com> wrote: > In insertion mode, I can press ctrl-n to complete the word. The > problem is that it goes off searching all header files that are in > my .cpp file (via #include). This takes ages. Is there an option to > tell it to just search the buffers I have op...

RE: Complete in-place alters
Fernando Nunes wrote > > Habichtsberg, Reinhard wrote: > > Hi all, > > > > In preperation for migration from IDS 9.40 to 11.5 we have > to complete all > > in-place alters. We have tables up to a billion rows with > many pending > > in-place alters. The amount of data adds up to some TB. > > Why do you "have to"? Is that in IDS 11.50 documentation? > I know that this question can turn this into an hot topic... > I browsed through > the documentation very quickly and I think that step is not there... &g...

turn your pc into atm machine
http://www.myincom.com/wealth/2669.php ...

Auto completion history
Is there any way to edit or remove entries from the Auto completion history in Eudora 4.3? In article <kfyuf.35230$az4.3820@trndny03>, jrs.accudes@verizon.net says... > Is there any way to edit or remove entries from the Auto completion history > in Eudora 4.3? Try: Editing the Address Book History List http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2400hq.html -- Over and Out Daniel Jacobson ...

Is it gone or did I turn it off?
Just noticed while booting up Leopard (fifth day) that when it's starting the loading bar doesn't show. Just that little graphic bar across the middle of the screen. Has this been discontinued from Leopard or did I turn it off somehow? I realize this isn't really an issue but it's something that I'm a tad curious about... -- Cheers Dennis Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply Ruddell <ruddell'Elle-Kabong'@canada.com> wrote: > Just noticed while booting up Leopard (fifth day) that when it's starting the > loading bar doesn't show. ...

Emacs converts tabs into spaces! How to turn it off?
Hi, unfortunately, Emacs converts tabs to spaces when I save my file. But I need the tabs! How can I turn that harmful auto-conversion off? Thanks! Markus PS: I am in text-mode. On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:22:32 -0400, Markus Dehmann <markus.cl@gmx.de> wrote: > Hi, > > unfortunately, Emacs converts tabs to spaces when I save my file. > But I need the tabs! > > How can I turn that harmful auto-conversion off? > > Thanks! > Markus > > PS: I am in text-mode. cut from emacs manual (<ctrl>-h-i) Tabs vs. Spaces =============== Emacs normally ...

Aligning axis labels with axes on 3D plots
Does anyone know how to get axis labels to stay parallel to their respective axis as a 3D plot is rotated? I have MATLAB V6.5 R13. Thanks, ...

Turn $6 into a unlimited income machine
After reading this you will be posed with a question, "Should I?"...so many honest folks blow more cash on lottery tickets and get rich schemes...it is without a doubt, as described to me, simply an archaic means of sharing and wealth distribution...I have yet to earn the full 15k+ plus but without a doubt after my second week the money has begun to come in...Read on and you judge for yourself? When I 1st came across a similar post I thought, "Yeah right, this @#$% don't work. Must be, yet, another pyramid scam", but like most of us I was curious so I kept reading. Any...

Directory suddenly turns up as file
What should be a directory is now showing up as a file, both in the GUI (KDE) and the shell. Instead of being called "directroy_name", it's suddenly "directory_name.directory". When I open this "file" I get a text file with a list of icon x,y positions for the files that are supposed to be in the directory, for example: [IconPosition:first_file] X=257 Y=5 But there seems to be no way now to access the files themselves. Any help greatly appreciated, since without these files, we've got major problems here. Thanks, Bill Redhat 7.2 K...

How to get image from Axes?
Hi all. Hier is my problem: I have a GUI-Form with a axes-field. My script load an image und draw it in axes-field. I want now get this image from there, change it und redraw it. How can I do this or how can I use getimage(..) for it? Thanx, Tim ...

invalid handle object regarding axes
Hi, a very frustrating problem here. I'm trying to use a GUI which a colleague wrote in an earlier version of matlab (I'm using version 7.01) and when an image is plotted in an axes set the properties are reset so the axes handle is no longer recognised. I've seen that the problem can be solved using a combination of nextplot and newplot functions and properties but I've tried implementing these in a number of ways and it makes no difference. Currently i've just put them one after the other after declaring the current axes axes(handles.axesleft); set(gca,'NextPlot'...

GUI Edit and axes boxes, Color
Hii In the GUI axes component, when its color property is set by the property inspector, it appears with the same set color in the figure screen, but when the figure is run and a graph is plot, the color changes to white. Same with the Edit text component, when its BackgroundColor property is set by the property inspctor, it appears with the same set color in the figure screen, but just when the figure is run, the BackgroundColor property changes to white. Why? and how to fix this confliction? Thank you Ashraf Awad In article <fbpk56$2k5$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Ashraf Awad <a_...