Turn off axes completely

Hi,
I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the surface -
I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with this for ages
but can't figure it out - please help!

Thanks :)

0
Rob
12/19/2009 4:06:21 AM
comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot 5006 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Rob Bowman wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the
> surface - I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with
> this for ages but can't figure it out - please help!

reset
unset border
unset xtics
unset ytics
plot x

HTH
Stefan
0
Stefan
12/19/2009 9:50:41 AM
Thanks very much! unset border is what I was missing.

Incidentally, I am calling pgnuplot from c# .net code, here's how I did it,
in case this can be of help to anyone (there's not a lot of info around on
this):

            string strDirTmp = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("TEMP");

            // Write ascii pixel data to a gnuplot matrix data file
            string gpDataFileName = id + ".splot_dat.ascii";
            string gpDataFileFullPath = strDirTmp + @"\" + gpDataFileName;
            File.Delete(gpDataFileFullPath); // deletes data file if it
already exists
            System.IO.StreamWriter sw = new
System.IO.StreamWriter(gpDataFileFullPath);
            TDLog.T_WriteLine("Writing {0}x{1} pixel data to gnuplot ascii
matrix data file '{2}'", width, height, gpDataFileFullPath);
            string str = "# gnuplot surface plot data for id '" + id + "'";
            sw.WriteLine(str);
            for (int x = 0; x < width; x++)
            {
                str = "";
                for (int y = 0; y < height; y++)
                    str += data[y * width + x].ToString() + " ";
                sw.WriteLine(str);
            }
            sw.Close();

            // Start pgnuplot
            string strDirGP = @"C:\gnuplot\bin"; // TODO - should not be
hardcoded
            string gpExeFileFullPath = strDirGP + @"\pgnuplot.exe";
            ProcessStartInfo psi = new ProcessStartInfo(gpExeFileFullPath);
            psi.RedirectStandardInput = true;
            psi.UseShellExecute = false;
            psi.CreateNoWindow = true;
            psi.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;

            try
            {
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Starting GNUPlot process '{0}'",
gpExeFileFullPath);
                Process extPro = Process.Start(psi);

                // Start a StreamWriter as a stdin pipe to pgnuplot
                StreamWriter gpStWr = extPro.StandardInput;

                // set plotting options
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Setting gnuplot plotstyle options");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("reset");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("title notitle");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set pm3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset key");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set hidden3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set contour surface");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set dgrid 80 splines");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set view 60, 45, 1, 1.5");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset border");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset xtics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ytics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ztics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset colorbox");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set xyplane relative 0");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set terminal png enhanced transparent
truecolor");

                // set the output file
                string gpOutputFileFullPath = strDirTmp + "\\" + id +
".splot_out.png";
                File.Delete(gpOutputFileFullPath); // deletes o/p file if it
already exists
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"set output '" + gpOutputFileFullPath
+"'");

                // do the plot
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Plotting to file '{0}'",
gpOutputFileFullPath);
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"splot '" + gpDataFileFullPath + "' matrix
with lines");

                // close gnuplot