Turn off axes completely

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,
I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the surface -
I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with this for ages
but can't figure it out - please help!

Thanks :)

0
Reply Rob 12/19/2009 4:06:21 AM

See related articles to this posting

Rob Bowman wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm doing a surface plot to a PNG file and I only want to see the
> surface - I don't want the axes to be drawn. I have been playing with
> this for ages but can't figure it out - please help!

reset
unset border
unset xtics
unset ytics
plot x

HTH
Stefan
0
Reply Stefan 12/19/2009 9:50:41 AM

Thanks very much! unset border is what I was missing.

Incidentally, I am calling pgnuplot from c# .net code, here's how I did it,
in case this can be of help to anyone (there's not a lot of info around on
this):

            string strDirTmp = Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("TEMP");

            // Write ascii pixel data to a gnuplot matrix data file
            string gpDataFileName = id + ".splot_dat.ascii";
            string gpDataFileFullPath = strDirTmp + @"\" + gpDataFileName;
            File.Delete(gpDataFileFullPath); // deletes data file if it
already exists
            System.IO.StreamWriter sw = new
System.IO.StreamWriter(gpDataFileFullPath);
            TDLog.T_WriteLine("Writing {0}x{1} pixel data to gnuplot ascii
matrix data file '{2}'", width, height, gpDataFileFullPath);
            string str = "# gnuplot surface plot data for id '" + id + "'";
            sw.WriteLine(str);
            for (int x = 0; x < width; x++)
            {
                str = "";
                for (int y = 0; y < height; y++)
                    str += data[y * width + x].ToString() + " ";
                sw.WriteLine(str);
            }
            sw.Close();

            // Start pgnuplot
            string strDirGP = @"C:\gnuplot\bin"; // TODO - should not be
hardcoded
            string gpExeFileFullPath = strDirGP + @"\pgnuplot.exe";
            ProcessStartInfo psi = new ProcessStartInfo(gpExeFileFullPath);
            psi.RedirectStandardInput = true;
            psi.UseShellExecute = false;
            psi.CreateNoWindow = true;
            psi.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;

            try
            {
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Starting GNUPlot process '{0}'",
gpExeFileFullPath);
                Process extPro = Process.Start(psi);

                // Start a StreamWriter as a stdin pipe to pgnuplot
                StreamWriter gpStWr = extPro.StandardInput;

                // set plotting options
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Setting gnuplot plotstyle options");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("reset");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("title notitle");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set pm3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset key");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set hidden3d");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set contour surface");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set dgrid 80 splines");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set view 60, 45, 1, 1.5");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset border");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset xtics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ytics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset ztics");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("unset colorbox");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set xyplane relative 0");
                gpStWr.WriteLine("set terminal png enhanced transparent
truecolor");

                // set the output file
                string gpOutputFileFullPath = strDirTmp + "\\" + id +
".splot_out.png";
                File.Delete(gpOutputFileFullPath); // deletes o/p file if it
already exists
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"set output '" + gpOutputFileFullPath
+"'");

                // do the plot
                TDLog.T_WriteLine("Plotting to file '{0}'",
gpOutputFileFullPath);
                gpStWr.WriteLine(@"splot '" + gpDataFileFullPath + "' matrix
with lines");

                // close gnuplot
                gpStWr.WriteLine("quit");
                gpStWr.Flush();

                extPro.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                TDLog.T_DumpException(ex);
            }

            TDLog.T_WriteLine("Plot completed");

0
Reply Rob 12/19/2009 9:06:26 PM
comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot 4820 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

What is Turning Complete?
I keep reading about "Turing Complete". Can someone explain it in layman's turns first and then explain it in more advanced terms. Thank you. Mike Cox wrote: > I keep reading about "Turing Complete". Can someone explain it in layman's > turns first and then explain it in more advanced terms. Maybe you will find the following link useful http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_complete mf ...

Turning off the dock completely
How do I turn off the dock in OS X? I don't want it autohiding, I want it hidden permanently. I don't want it showing up when i mouse over it. Thank you In article <51c3a5d3.0307291243.1ee148d@posting.google.com>, utsuxs@hotmail.com (bob) wrote: > How do I turn off the dock in OS X? I don't want it autohiding, I > want it hidden permanently. I don't want it showing up when i mouse > over it. > > Thank you To my knowledge you can't turn it off, you can only hide it. Michael -- My email address is ROT-13 encoded. Decode to send email. Micha...

Turn off PHP completely
I just installed Fedora 2 running Apache 2. I'd like to completely shut of PHP on the server. However there's nothing in the httpd.conf file regarding it, so I'm unable to. I'm not looking to just shut it off for one virtual host. I want it off completely. How do I do this? "Shabam" <blislecp@hotmail.com> writes: > I just installed Fedora 2 running Apache 2. I'd like to completely shut of > PHP on the server. However there's nothing in the httpd.conf file regarding > it, so I'm unable to. I'm not looking to just s...

How To Turn Off Auto Tab Complete?
My Cygwin bash under XP has suddenly started taking tab as meaning complete the command name. How do I turn this back off? God knows that provoked it to turn on. -- rhhardin@mindspring.com On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk. ...

How Turn Auto Tab Complete Off?
In Cygwin under XP it suddenly has started interpreting the tab character as auto tab complete in the shell. How do I turn this off again? God knows what turned it on. -- rhhardin@mindspring.com On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk. Ron Hardin <rhhardin@mindspring.com> writes: > In Cygwin under XP it suddenly has started interpreting the tab > character as auto tab complete in the shell. > > How do I turn this off again? Not a Linux question. Why would you hit tab if you don't want it to autocomplete? Dan Espen wrote: > > Ron Hardin <rhhardi...

how to turn on tab-completion in tcsh ?
hey, anybody knows the answer to the question in the title ? thanks in advance ! mike On Monday 26 June 2006 00:14, mike stood up and spoke the following words to the masses in /comp.os.linux.misc...:/ > hey, > > anybody knows the answer to the question in the title ? You're using Google Groups to post to this newsgroup - and you're probably one of those people who think that Usenet is a collection of forums _on_ Google Groups - but apparently you can't make use of Google to look for information? Try this one, second item in the list...: http://tcshrc.sour...

turn off axis in handles.axe
Hi, How do you turn off the x and y axis and tick marks on a axes in a GUI? axis off just erases the axes.. Not quite sure what other options there are.. Thanks! "Judy " <sauwen.jl@gmail.com> wrote in message <ghpr76$662$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > How do you turn off the x and y axis and tick marks on a axes in a GUI? > > axis off just erases the axes.. > Not quite sure what other options there are.. > > Thanks! Hi, Execute the following at MATLAB command prompt: >>get(gca) This will list out all the properties of curre...

Turning off ginput when cursor is outside the axes
Hi All, I'm using Matlab 6.5 and I'm currently building a GUI. I wonder if there is a way to deactivate ginput whenever the cursor is outside the axes? If there's also a way to have ginput switched on again when the cursor is within the axes again it would be even better! What this part of the GUI does, is to enable the user to select an arbitrary number of points in the axes using ginput. The selection shall end on a command from the user, but since ginput is activated, buttons (for instance) cannot be pushed. If anyone has any idea as how to accompish this, I'd be greatful...

Turn off axes while retaining tick labels
Is there a way to turn off the axis box while still having the tick labels appear? I tried making the axes colors same as that of the figure, e.g. fig_color=get(gcf,'Color') set(gca,'XColor',fig_color); set(gca,'YColor',fig_color); While that turns off the axes, it also makes the tick labels. Is there any way to give the tick labels a differnt color than the axes box. I also tried box off however that does not turn off the axes (only the 2 lines opposite each axis). Thanks for any assistance. ...

KMessageBox::error sound
I hate having sounds on my computer, so I went into KDE 3.5's control center, and went to the sound page and turned off all sounds. I clicked the "Apply to all" button and clicked turn off all sounds, and I even went through the 20 or so menu options for different sounds types and made sure that all of them were off. What I still get is the KDE_glass_break sound when I'm using kvpnc and I make a mistake, or the ding sound when I delete a profile. I am using Debian Unstable. I check the kvpnc source and I see that it uses KMessageBox::error to inform about an error and...

How to turn off planes, axes, etc. in config.pro?
I'm sure it's simple, but how do you set your default display for planes, axes, points, etc. to be off in your config.pro? Thanks Todd bspammed2@yahoo.com > I'm sure it's simple, but how do you set your default display for planes, > axes, points, etc. to be off in your config.pro? Use the Find function in the options dialog, search for "display" (w/o quotes). Most of those will come up toward the top of the list. datum_display NO datum_point_display NO display_coordinate_sys NO spin_center_display NO tangent_edge_display NO "T...

Datebk 5: Is there ANY way to completely turn off Split Screen?
I keep getting the split screen thing popping up, sometimes even when pressing other hard buttons, like to-do or contacts. Then, I have to figure out how to turn it off.. =20 I don't ever want to see a split screen again. I consider it a major annoyance, not a feature. (I still need the full screen view on my TX, so I can't go back to Datebk 3.) =20 Any ideas? -- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them. Excuse me for top posting but for some reason OE decided to leave off the '>' symbol...

Ubuntu slopware: "complete system freezes... dialog boxes turn white"
"I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with GNOME. I have not installed anything new recently, nor have I changed my pattern of work, but in recent days I have experienced unusual stability problems. There were several complete system freezes, and today all the menus and dialog boxes went completely white, with no content visible." http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2128162 Sounds like your hobby-crapware saw a ghost. On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:21:45 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with GNOME. I have not installed anything new > recently, nor have I...

Turn-By-Turn
Does anybody know, how i can come (convert) a google map api kml route description to text-based turn-by-turn driving instructions?? I think it revolves around the geometrycollection, but if somebody knows i would appreciate info.. /Finn -- Der er 10 slags mennesker - Dem som forst�r bin�r og dem som ikke g�r. There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't. Es gibt 10 Arten von Menschen. Die, die Bin�r verstehen, bzw. die, die es nicht tuhen. Finn Stampe Mikkelsen wrote: > Does anybody know, how i can come (convert) a google map...

Completely OT ; Completely Bizarre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:58:12 -0600, philo wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E That is weird. -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.5 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On 02/19/2011 05:54 PM, RonB wrote: > On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:58:12 -0600, philo wrote: > >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E > > That is weird. > Yes...the guy is very weird but sort of fascinating. A Google search will reveal plenty more really odd videos. I have a German friend who says he's a pr...

turn on a boolean and then make it turn off. How do i do it?
I have a boolean which turns on when specidied, but i need it to turn off exactly 30seconds later how do i do it? <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;view=by_date_ascending&amp;message.id=336767#M336767" target="_blank">Duplicate Post.</a> &nbsp; Please only post the question one time. ...

Turning off and turning on DNSSEC for a zone
To the DNSEXT working group: This post follows on an observation by Olafur (made during the IETF-64 DNSEXT wg session) that DNSSEC might be turned off and on for a zone, perhaps with emphasis on islands of trust. I think the question might be broken down in sub-questions related to a) the parent zone status, and b) the effect of turning off DNSSEC on child zones. a) the parent zone status Parent DNSSEC-aware Change the status reported by the parent zone from secure to insecure (and then reverse) ... no trust anchor key issue. ...

Turing completeness, and generation of non-Turing complete code to solve problems that would typically require Turing complete languages
Hi, This message may seem somewhat cryptic, but I am trying to abstract from particulars relating to a particular non-Turing complete language to general matters. In most languages if one has some data in a field of text consisting of a certain length which has to be analysed in some way (for example detecting if parts of the line have specific values) it is normal to loop or recurse through the line until the end is reached, and determining if all the relevant parts of the line are as they should be. In a non-Turing complete language this may not be doable (I suppose most non Turing Comple...

auto-complete-auctex (code complet)
Avec le code complet c'est mieux !!! voici un package, nommé dorénavant, auto-complete-auctex, (en hommage à AucTeX et à auto-complete) qui permet d'utiliser la completion (via des menus) pour l'écrire de fichiers LaTeX avec auxtex. sont traités: les environements, les macros et les symboles par exemple si vous tapez "enu" dans le tampon vous voyez apparaitre un menu avec tous les environments, macros et symboles commancant par ces trois lettres. vous pointez celui que vous voulez il est inscrit dans le tempon avec le slash s...

Get current axes by clikcing on axes
Using GUIDE I have two axes that I would like to acquire two profiles from along the same coordinates as specified by the interactive user. I would like to allow the user to draw the profile in either figure to produce the two profile plots from the same coordinates. The profile option is executed by a push button, then the user choses which axes to draw the profile interactively and draws, then the two profiles are plotted in another axes. How can I allow the user to use either axes 1 or axes 2 to produce the profiles? Example, If user click axes 1 drawing code... elseif user clicks axe...

From Bad Axe To Bad Axe 2
I currently use the E6400 w/ the Bad Axe and plan to upgrade to a faster CPU and the Bad Axe 2. Would I have to reinstall the XP? Both motherboards use the same chipset, so I hope not. ...

Clearing axes using axes handles?
I create a figure and in it, four sets of axes. Within each axes, I create an overlay plot using a modified form of plotyy that returns a handle to the two overlaid axes. How do use the axes handles to clear the axes? TIA Stan Stan Gamla wrote: > > > I create a figure and in it, four sets of axes. Within each axes, I > create > an overlay plot using a modified form of plotyy that returns a > handle to the > two overlaid axes. > > How do use the axes handles to clear the axes? > > TIA > > Stan > > > cla(axesHandles); Many thanks...

aligning principal axes to coordinate axes
Hi, I have been out of touch with my 3D geometry for some time and I'm a little embarassed to ask this question: I have a an object defined by a set of coordinates. I have calculated the principal axes (of inertia) and now I would like to orient my object so that the principal axes are coincident with the coordinate axes. In addition I would also like the possibility of orienting the object such that only the X & Y principal axes are oriented with the corresponding coordinate axes. In the first (most general) case I have figured out that I could make a 4x4 matrix to represent the ro...

New Complete Sequence -All Complete Sequences
Copyright (C) 2012 M. Musatov in full compliance and with All Claims listed below Apply to All Works of Author and Copyright Owner Martin Musatov heretofore 11/29/2012 1:27PM PST Prior and After Applicable in Compliance with work-product rule with my employer(s) and respective agency All Rights To All Pseudo And Literal Binary Code Including Computer Program(s) And All Abstractions And Extractions and Derviative Works From This Work and Code Written Herein Are Hereby Reserved In Perpetuity. For licensing information and questions purchase or press inquiry contact M. Musatov (...