Boats in water

Where would one begin to look (either in the manual or online) to learn
how to make water interact with an object. I want to show a boat
traveling through water leaving a wake. Im guessing motion designer and
collisions of some sort. Is there a plugin that would make this easier
to accomplish?
TIA
0
Bandit521
12/27/2003 10:57:24 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3065 articles. 0 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

"Bandit521" <jimisnowat@attbidot.com> wrote in message news:o7oHb.477462$Dw6.1402131@attbi_s02...
> Where would one begin to look (either in the manual or online) to learn
> how to make water interact with an object. I want to show a boat
> traveling through water leaving a wake. Im guessing motion designer and
> collisions of some sort. Is there a plugin that would make this easier
> to accomplish?

You /can/ do this in vanilla LW surely in various different
ways including layered displacement seq. maps in combo with
HVs or as you're thinking MD...

  http://www1.odn.ne.jp/saw/plugins/lw7/ripple_s/ripple_s.html
  http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/waves.htm

But if you have a budget it might be worth it to invest in
RealWave   http://www.nextlimit.com/   which will cut your
production time to a fraction and probably produce a better
looking effect.  They have a 30day evaluation option (full
function demo) on thier site for DL.

other links and info include:

(OGO_Waves.zip)  http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/OGO_Waves.zip
(Wave_scene.zip) http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~pq1a-ogs/Wave_scene.zip