Geforce 6800 Ultra HPDT and Subsurface Scattering demos

The Geforce 6800 Ultra is capable of HPDT (OpenEXR HDRI) at 60 frames
per second (13MB):

ftp://download.nvidia.com/developer/Movies/NV40-LowRes-Clips/HDR.avi

and subsurface scattering with the same model:

http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/images/subsurface-scatter.jpg

These tech demos will probably become available as run-time
executables after the GF6800 Ultra cards begin shipping.
0
cgfx4d
5/1/2004 11:18:59 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3062 articles. 0 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

cgfx4d@yahoo.com (cgfx4d) wrote in message news:<
> and subsurface scattering with the same model:
>
> http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/images/subsurface-scatter.jpg

That's mildly interesting, tomshardware broke the link to the image.
Here is a better source for that image plus other examples in a
presentation Nvidia gave at GDC 2004:

http://download.nvidia.com/developer/presentations/GDC_2004/GDC_2004_TranslucentAnimatedObjects.pdf
0
cgfx4d

$600 Ultra 60 450MHz 512MB/8GB
$600.00 US $850.00 CDN Ultra 60 Sun P/N 600-6490-01 450 MHz processor Sun P/N 501-5539) 512 MB memory (four 128 MB modules Sun P/N 501-3136) Creator Graphics elite 3D-m6 Sun P/N 540-3902 REV 5.0 9 GB Hard Drive SCSI port 68 pin Floppy CDROM drive Keyboard (Type 6) and mouse (Crossbow) Sun GDM-5410 21 inch flat monitor Trinitron Manufactured 2000 $250.00 CDN 4 available Sun GDM-5010PT 21 inch flat monitor Trinitron Manufactured July 1999 $250.00 CDN 1 available 90 Day Warranty MasterCard or VISA accepted. The price includes delivery if you are in Toronto, Ontario, ...

How to make Ubunut ultra safe?
I was wondering if there is a way to configure Ubuntu so that it is nearly impervious to viruses, etc. For example, can I make any change require the superuser ID and password? I know it's possible to accidently screw things up that way, but there's nothing important on the hard drive - I could always just reinstall. Thanks. monty1945@lycos.com wrote: > I was wondering if there is a way to configure Ubuntu so that it is > nearly impervious to viruses, etc. For example, can I make any change > require the superuser ID and password? I know it's possible to > accid...

geforce
Hi, does anyone now if there's a noticable difference in Lightwave's performance with a GeforceFX 5900 Ultra compared to a FX-5600 or a 5800ti ? I need a new videocard and I'm considering getting a FX 5900, but I hardly even notice the difference between a Geforce-2 and a Geforce-4 so I was wondering if it's worth spending the extra cash for the 5900, it's quite expensive. Fish. I've noticed a slight difference between a Ti4600 and FX5600 but not enough to upgrade unless your putting together a new machine. I can't imagine much of a difference with FX5900 ...

Ultra 2 keeps powering down
Ok all....if this is the wrong room to post, first I apologize, second, where should I post this message? I suspect either I have a bad power supply or a dying fan on my Sun Ultra 2. In the last week and a half, it has powered itself off 3 times. I look in /var/adm/messages but find no trace of any CPU Panics, heat warnings, bad mem module, etc. So I pulled the top off the box and powered it up and the two fans, one for the memory and one for the CPU seem to be running pretty crappy. So I went to Sunsolve to see if I can order these fans...but it seems they are not for sale on the...

WTD-Rune Demo
Can't find the demo. Liked the game way back when. Bought Heavy Metal FAKK2 for about $3, hoping for the same for Rune-almost but not quite I know I can get it at FilePlanet, but they have a new policy-you want it, you be a premium subscriber. For pete's sake, it's a demo, or how about paying $10 for a CD of it? So much for charity any pointers to it would be appreciated anyone selling both rune+Halls of Valhalla Together for a good price will also be appreciated thanks JB johnb1@SPAMMENOTshaw.ca (remove spam blocker 2 reply) In article <040120042154129477%johnb1@S...

recherche intervenant pour une rencontre autours des Demos en Aquitaine
Bonjour a tous, Dans le cadre de mon taf, je recherche toute personne ne lien avec la d�mo pour faire un intervention lors d'une rencontre r�gionale des Espace Multim�dia d'aquitaine. Cela se deroulera en semaine sur un jour, en lien avec la DRAC Aquitaine entre autre. Il y a possibilit� d'etre remun�r� ( pas enorm�ment non plus, c'est une structure sociale qui organise ) et les frais de d�placement seront rembours�s, ainsi que le logement si besoin ( dans l'auberge de la jeunesse de Bordeaux). Pour ceux qui sont interess�s ou qui veulent en savoir plus...

Ultra 60 temperatore monitoring
Hi, I've got an Ultra60 at home running Solaris 9. Because of the heat here the last weeks, the computer has occasionally panicked because of PCI thermal warnings: Aug 6 20:48:12 antares pcipsy: [ID 819770 kern.warning] WARNING: pci: Thermal warning detected! Aug 6 20:48:12 antares unix: [ID 836849 kern.notice] Aug 6 20:48:12 antares ^Mpanic[cpu2]/thread=300016ac2a0: Aug 6 20:48:12 antares unix: [ID 534432 kern.notice] dispatcher invoked from high-level interrupt handler And then syncs, dumps and powers off. My question: can I monitor these environmental readings in a more inte...

recomendations ofr demo software?
Does anyone have any recommendations for software (that doesn't cost too much) to make a demo of a program? --- Replace you know what by j to email Jud McCranie wrote: > Does anyone have any recommendations for software (that doesn't cost > too much) to make a demo of a program? > > --- > Replace you know what by j to email I think that you don't have to search for such tool. All you have to do is to make some buttons disable, so the user won't be able to use them ! Place a form as 'about box' at first informing the user that this is...

Oracle DBA Demo Session led to OCA(Oracle Certified Administrator) Certification Scheduled on Sunday 11th Dec 2011 at
Hello all Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself as Umesh Jadhav running Spark technology institute which only specializes in imparting private training in the areas of Networking, Databases and Linux domain. So we with this we are going to conduct a Demo Session of Oracle DBA which shall led OCA (Oracle Certified Administrator) Certification Batches conducts on Sundays with 2 options 9.30am - 1.30pm (10 Sundays) or other option Sunday 9.30am-6.00pm with 30min break(5 Sundays) for the candidates those are not able to manage long period due to work. (Or flexible...

WTS: Sun Ultra 10, Ultra 5, E450
Want to sell the following REFURB Sun configs: E450-AA w/ CD, FDD 2-PS (2) 300Mhz Proc 1GB RAM (2) 18GB 10K HDD $850/ea Ultra 10 -440mhz w/ CD, FDD, PGX-24 256MB RAM 9.1GB 7.2K IDE Disk Country Kit $350/ea Ultra 5 -360mhz w/ CD, FDD, PGX-24 256Mb Kit 9.1GB 7.2K IDE Disk Country Kit $250/ea ALL ITEMS: *Used unless noted otherwise *30-Day PCC Warranty *FOB Philadelphia, PA Interested, please contact: Patrick McKenna Penn Computer Corporation 215-444-9999 215-444-0440 fax www.penncomputer.com patm@penncomputer.com ...

New Ultra 10 NVRAM
G'Day All, I've just gotten a used Ultar 10 that had a firmware password, so I ordered a new NVRAM and installed it. However, I'm not sure what the correct format code is for the Ultra 10. Can anyone assist? TIA Al BTW, here are the boot and .idprom results: Boot device: disk File and args: Warning: IDprom checksum error. SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-12 64-bit Copyright 1983-2001 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Invalid format code in IDprom. \ Type 'go' to resume ok .idprom Format/Type: 72 6f Ethernet: 3f 10 49 b 4e 32 Date: 5 8e 10 a6 Se...

Geforce=>Quadro
Some weird 3D software require a full OpenGL implementation so I hope to use my cheap Geforce 8800 G92 as a NVidia QuadroFX. There are lots of infos about converting a Geforce into a QuadroFX but only for old and obsolete Chipsets but I own a G92 chipset which seems to be unfit for conversion. What I know until now: Changing the Bios of a video card seems to be useless after the NV40 chipset used on the original Geforce 6800, making tools like nibitor an obsolete toy. Rivatuners NVStrap only supports chipsets up to G80, the author did at first promise to implement support quickly but...

Locomotion demo is out!
Finally! :) http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/145228.shtml 120'ish MB. Bigger than I thought. M. "Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2ptkd1Fp0qc1U1@uni-berlin.de... > Finally! :) > > http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/145228.shtml > > 120'ish MB. Bigger than I thought. > > M. > I didn't see it listed on fileplanet's page, but on 3dgamers there's a much smaller demo with no music, weighing in at 29.5 MB, and that should be fairly reasonable for dialup users. http://www.3...

help with spatial statistics
(I am new to spatial statistics) The data I have include latitude and longitude points, and a number associated with each location over time. I would like to calculate Moran's I and also plot a Moran scatter plot (as in http://www.stat.tugraz.at/AJS/ausg071/071Ferstl.pdf). I have absolutely no idea how. Can someone provide an example? Thanks a lot. ...

GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P
GeForce FX 5200 + Sony HS94P I just hooked up a new Sony HS94P monitor to my NVidia GeForce FX 5200. I am able to get it to work just fine with the analog connector. But I can not get it to function with the DVI connector. When I hook up the DVI cables and start up the system, the monitor recognizes that DVI input is being used, but always says that there is no signal. The connector seats firmly in both the monitor and the NVidia card. On the PC if I look at drivers, the Windows XP SP2 operating system reports the monitor as a "Plug and Play Monitor" with Device instance of &qu...

FS: GeForce 3 Ti-500, GeForce 2 GTS, + more #2
I am a private seller, operating out of central Florida. To contact me, send e-mail to esaelon@aol.comspamme - simply remove the 'spamme' suffix. Also, if replying to this message via e-mail, remove the 'spamme' suffix. If you fail to do so, I will not receive the e-mail. Also, please see the bottom of this message for items I am looking to buy. Pricing and shipping All prices listed are in U.S. Dollars (USD). Unless otherwise stated, all prices listed include insured shipping (USPS Priority Mail) to the continental US. For Canada, typically add $5 for uninsu...

"Laws of Form" are a notation for the SK calculus, demo in Python.
I was investigating G. Spencer-Brown's Laws of Form[1] by implementing it in Python. You can represent the "marks" of LoF as datastructures in Python composed entirely of tuples. For example: A mark: () A mark next to a mark: (), () A mark within a mark: ((),) and so on... It is known that the propositional calculus can be represented by the "arithmetic of the mark". The two rules suffice: ((),) =3D=3D nothing () =3D=3D (), () There are details, but essentially math and logic can be derived from the behaviour of "the mark". After r...

FSUK: Ultra AXi RAM
Several 128mb sticks. Email with offers. Would also consider swapping for working ATX formfactor UltraSparc board. Located in UK. Cheers, Ben ...

<Q> Which FreeBSD version for SiS5571 chipset(Ultra DMA mode of HDD) ?
Please let me know which FreeBSD Version for SiS5571 chipset(Ultra DMA mode of HDD) ? Thanks a lot! Susan 12 Jul 2006 ...

Nvidia GeForce
Anyone using the Nvidia GeForce video cards with Solidworks? Any comments welcome. TIA, Kevin Wisher On Apr 21, 1:27 pm, "Kevin Wisher" <kevin.wis...@insightbb.com> wrote: > Anyone using the Nvidia GeForce video cards with Solidworks? Any comments > welcome. > > TIA, > > Kevin Wisher Kevin, I did run an Nvidia GeForce for awhile, and it seems to me, (the untrained eye), that I did see a slight improvement when I "upgraded" to the Nvidia Quadro series. I don't know that it was significant enough to justilfy the difference in price, but t...

Does MATLAB2006 has dvbt_sim demo?
As the subject,Does MATLAB2006 has dvbt_sim demo?When I input like this'open_system('dvbt_sim')' in the MATLAB2006 and take enter&#65292;the system message is&#65306;??? Error using ==> open_system Unable to open the block or model file named 'dvbt_sim'. Does MATLAB2006 has dvbt_sim demo? Thank you~~ ...

Are you looking for Free Hypertext Application Demos ?
We have recently released a free web site dedicated to Hypertext Application Development, and deployement. Along with information on how to create an HTA, and how to implement VB Scripting into your HTA's. Included with this site is a Free Hypertext Application Windows 2000/XP/2003 Inventory Application written with VB Scripting, HTA Technology, and WMI. Here's the site: Looking for Free Hypertext Application Demo's & VB Scripting Info. Check out this developers web site: http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/freehtas/ ...

LVD SCSI controller for Ultra 10
Hello everyone :) Can anyone recommend an LVD SCSI controller for the Ultra 10? From what I've seen there seem to be tons of HVD cards out there, but I require a very simple setup, one internal scsi drive only hanging off of the controller. Thank you! Y. Yiannis <jandersunstar@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello everyone :) > > Can anyone recommend an LVD SCSI controller for the Ultra 10? From > what I've seen > there seem to be tons of HVD cards out there, but I require a very > simple setup, one internal > scsi drive only hanging off of the controller. Do you ...

SPSS Demo version? Best books? Training providers?
Hi: I am new to SPSS, requesting help on how to begin. Is there a demo version? or a Student version? What are the most highly recommended books for a newbie to SPSS? What are the best Tutorials? Training providers? Best SPSS websites ? Thanks, DB-CSP SPSS has both demo and student versions. They also have quite a few modules for all kinds of tasks. Books by Norusis are usually good starting point for statistical topics and the web is full of free tutorials and websites with lessons. Reynald Levesque has an on-line book and a website devoted to data management tasks. ...

Help choosing ultra small notebook
I'd appreciate any pointers and suggestions at what notebooks I should evaluate. I'm looking for an ultra-small notebook to basically replace my travel DVD player and MP3 player that I'll also use for e-mail etc. I'm not on a tight budget. In terms of priority in order it's. MUSTS As small a footprint as possible - thickness isn't an issue Video output so I can connect it to a TV Must have integral DVD player Large HD minimum 80gig but prefer over 100gig NICE TO HAVES Good battery or additional battery possible Integral wifi would be good XP or media centre Any ...