Geforce 6800 Ultra HPDT and Subsurface Scattering demos

The Geforce 6800 Ultra is capable of HPDT (OpenEXR HDRI) at 60 frames
per second (13MB):

ftp://download.nvidia.com/developer/Movies/NV40-LowRes-Clips/HDR.avi

and subsurface scattering with the same model:

http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/images/subsurface-scatter.jpg

These tech demos will probably become available as run-time
executables after the GF6800 Ultra cards begin shipping.
0
cgfx4d
5/1/2004 11:18:59 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3064 articles. 0 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

cgfx4d@yahoo.com (cgfx4d) wrote in message news:<
> and subsurface scattering with the same model:
>
> http://www20.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/images/subsurface-scatter.jpg

That's mildly interesting, tomshardware broke the link to the image.
Here is a better source for that image plus other examples in a
presentation Nvidia gave at GDC 2004:

http://download.nvidia.com/developer/presentations/GDC_2004/GDC_2004_TranslucentAnimatedObjects.pdf
0
cgfx4d

GeForce 6800 Ultra
Does anyone use the GeForce 6800 Ultra video card? does it work good, any issuses? We want to try 1 since they are cheaper tha quadro's but have 256mg ram and are powerfull thanks for any feed back Greif Greif, 256 megs of video ram won't benefit you much with SW. 128 is all that's really needed, even with Photoworks. Modern 3D games (which is what the card is meant for) "do" need alot. Unless you can hack the driver to use a unified back buffer, SW OpenGL will only be able to use a small portion of it anyway. This is one of the reasons you get multiple window slowd...

GeForce 6800 Nalu demo
Nvidia has a movie of their mermaid Nalu demo running on the GeForce 6800 Ultra. Right now, it is just a movie of it running (and rather crappy quality) but they will probably be issuing the run-time executable as the GeForce 6800 cards start hitting the shelves in a few weeks. The character is reported to have somewhere between 200,000 and 300,000 polygons with all dynamic motion and lighting running in near real time. This is the level expected for next generation game graphics. The crossover point where near real time game graphics match or exceed pre-rendered film graphics is getting close...

SFF case for Geforce 6800 Ultra?
I have a Geforce 6800 Ultra video card. It's two slots thick and very deep - the largest graphics card I've ever seen... Do I have any hope of fitting this enormous card into a Shuttle-style case? Mike ...

GeForce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15268 Geforce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors Sheesh kebab By Fuad Abazovic: Saturday 10 April 2004, 11:26 NEXT WEEK is when Nvidia's hammer strikes the forge and NV40 sparks fly. We already know a fair amount of what Nvidia will reveal on the 13th in San Francisco and on the 14th in the land of chocolate and cuckoos. 16�1 and 32�0 no Z values is what Nvidia wants to tell people and 12353 3D marks 03 for the chip that has an amazing 222 million transistors. As we said before Nvidia will push hard the fact that it is the only firm that wi...

Quadro 1300 Vs GeForce 6800 ultras
I dont know if this is the right place to post this. What is the right card if one wants to implement algorithms in "graphics hardware". What are the major differences in these two cards if i want to use these cards as CPUs for my streaming algorithms. Thanks, --j On 17/9/04 3:02 am, in article cidgjv$rhv@odak26.prod.google.com, "John" <weekender_ny@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is the right card if one wants to implement > algorithms in "graphics hardware". What are the > major differences in these two cards if i want > to use these cards as C...

GeForce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15268 Geforce 6800 Ultra has 222 million transistors Sheesh kebab By Fuad Abazovic: Saturday 10 April 2004, 11:26 NEXT WEEK is when Nvidia's hammer strikes the forge and NV40 sparks fly. We already know a fair amount of what Nvidia will reveal on the 13th in San Francisco and on the 14th in the land of chocolate and cuckoos. 16�1 and 32�0 no Z values is what Nvidia wants to tell people and 12353 3D marks 03 for the chip that has an amazing 222 million transistors. As we said before Nvidia will push hard the fact that it is the only firm that wi...

Turn your 6800 into a 6800 Ultra
http://www.pcunleash.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=MyItemReview&no=39 On 29 Sep 2004 10:25:45 -0700, viktordavros@lycos.com (Viktor Davros) wrote: >http://www.pcunleash.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=MyItemReview&no=39 ROTFLM*O and that's without bothering to read the reference............ John Lewis ...

GeForce 6800 Ultra & Dual-Link DVI Output
I'm planning on getting a Dell 30" LCD (3007WFP) which requires a dual-link DVI interface to drive its native 2560x1600 resolution. Does anyone know of a tool or technique to verify if a DVI card is capable of dual-link DVI output provided it has the proper cabling? I have a Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (NV40) card with 256MB DDR-3 with two DVI connectors and each DVI connector seems to have the full complement of pins for dual link. But does that mean it actually is capable of dual-link output? It would be great to have two 30" LCD panels connected to this! :) Thanks...

GeForce 6800 Ultra & Dual-Link DVI Output
I'm planning on getting a Dell 30" LCD (3007WFP) which requires a dual-link DVI interface to drive its native 2560x1600 resolution. Does anyone know of a tool or technique to verify if a DVI card is capable of dual-link DVI output provided it has the proper cabling? I have a Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (NV40) card with 256MB DDR-3 with two DVI connectors and each DVI connector seems to have the full complement of pins for dual link. But does that mean it actually is capable of dual-link output? It would be great to have two 30" LCD panels connected to this! :) Thanks...

eBay: EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB graphics card
http://301url.com/8800Ultra ...

eBay: EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB graphics card
http://301url.com/8800Ultra ...

Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
Since I've upgraded my PC, I can no longer launch LOMAC, IL-2, IL-2 Forgotten Battles, Falcon 4.0, and Mig Alley. Any time I try launching these (either from the hard drive or the disk, I see the Windows hourglass followed by the program's main title startup screen, and then I'm back to the desktop. When I check task manager, nothing new is running in the background. I've played around with various graphics settings and have also tried shutting down all unnecessary programs, but still no luck. I've even tried minimizing all grahics and audio settings. My non-Sim pr...

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

Graphics Demo
Jackie said - Don't play Cat and PSP with me. Meow |\ _.-'~~""'~`'~) /, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--'' |,4) ./ ' ; ;/'. '-~~;'@ Porter ( ; ; . _.--'' Cat_.-_..' .;.' . . (,_..----''' (,..--'' . .` __..____ / ' /| / PSP / / / / / /_______/ / |_______|/ :-) Uni ...

Web resources about - Geforce 6800 Ultra HPDT and Subsurface Scattering demos - comp.graphics.apps.lightwave

Jupiter’s moon Ganymede has a salty subsurface ocean, too
... volcanic activity (termed cryovolcanism), or even some form of tectonic system. Modeling suggested that this could be explained by a subsurface ...

Hubble finds 'best evidence' for Ganymede subsurface ocean
The Hubble telescope obtains compelling evidence that Ganymede - the largest moon in the Solar System - has an ocean beneath its icy crust.

Life on the Subsurface: An Interview with Penelope Boston
... chance of extant life, or even preservation of extinct life, would be found. Nicola Twilley : Is it part of NASA’s strategy to go subsurface ...

Scientists find evidence Mars subsurface could hold life
... Parnell of Aberdeen University and Dr. Joseph Michalski, planetary geologist at the Natural History Museum, have found evidence that the subsurface ...

Saturn's 'Death Star' Moon May Hide Subsurface Ocean
Saturn's small moon Mimas may have its own subsurface ocean according to some strange measurements made by Cassini.

Cosmic rays could power subsurface life in the universe
A new paper proposes the possibility that life in subsurface environments places where photosynthesis is a non-starter could eke out a living ...

Malaysia 777 Searchers Now Investigating Three Separate Subsurface Noises
Australian authorities leading the southern Indian Ocean search for MH370, now report detection of three separate electronic noises - two of ...

torvalds/subsurface · GitHub
Multi-platform divelog in C and Gtk. Contribute to subsurface development by creating an account on GitHub.

Saturn's Moon Dione May Have Had Active Subsurface Ocean, Cassini Photos Suggest
The plain-looking Saturn moon Dione may have once had a geologically active subsurface ocean, new images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft reveal. ...