OT: Making DivXes with non standard sizes

Hello!

I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a high
quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc either,
its just som arbitrary resolution.

Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make this
into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all give
an error message and fail to render this movie.

Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the top?

Greetings, Tom

0
except
1/20/2004 4:29:53 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3062 articles. 4 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the error
message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
aspect ratio?

What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
resolution settings....

I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX and
it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).

Jeff

"except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
high
> quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc either,
> its just som arbitrary resolution.
>
> Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
this
> into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
give
> an error message and fail to render this movie.
>
> Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
top?

> Greetings, Tom

0
DarkScience
1/20/2004 5:45:14 PM
Hi!

Its DivX 5.1 Pro, and the error messages are the standard ones:

DF: Render did not Complete (now thats helpfull)
Lightwave: "Cannot Set Stream Format"
Premiere 6.5: "An error occured. Codec Compression Error. This codec may be
unable to support the requested frame size, or there may be a hardwarwe or
memory problem"

But hardware and memory are a-ok... : (

"DarkScience" <Jeff at Applied Visual dot Com> wrote in message
> That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
> AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
> pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the
error
> message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
> aspect ratio?
>
> What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
> packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
> resolution settings....
>
> I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX
and
> it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).
>
> Jeff
>
> "except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
> high
> > quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> > supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc
either,
> > its just som arbitrary resolution.
> >
> > Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
> this
> > into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
> give
> > an error message and fail to render this movie.
> >
> > Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
> top?
> >
> > Greetings, Tom

0
except
1/20/2004 10:40:46 PM
Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (

"DarkScience" <Jeff at Applied Visual dot Com> wrote in message
> That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
> AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
> pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the
error
> message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
> aspect ratio?
>
> What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
> packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
> resolution settings....
>
> I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX
and
> it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).
>
> Jeff
>
> "except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
> high
> > quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> > supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc
either,
> > its just som arbitrary resolution.
> >
> > Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
> this
> > into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
> give
> > an error message and fail to render this movie.
> >
> > Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
> top?
> >
> > Greetings, Tom

0
except
1/20/2004 10:45:15 PM
except wrote:

> Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (

Mmmm... that sounds a lot like they want to do square pixel version of
D1 PAL video file for computer screen viewing (the mathematically
correct 4:3 size would be 720*540, which is close to what you're doing).

Have you tried rendering to some other resolution?

Try rendering in an image size where BOTH horizontal and vertical
resolution can be divided by 16 (i.e. 720*528, which is just 3 pixels
off from what they asked, or 720*544, which is the closest to the real
thing). Does it work?

If not, try with some other source material. Maybe your original file is
the problem. Does that work?

CU
--
- Eki

http://www.akmp-program.fi
http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

*************************************
******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
*************************************

0
Erkki
1/22/2004 11:28:00 PM
Hi Eki,

Thanks for the good advice.
Actually, I succeeded in making one go with 720x525. I did it in Digital
Fusion by setting the 'Make Legal' option in the saver.
Problem is, its an OOOLD digital fusion and I dont seem to be able to
control the codec in any way. the movie becomes 20 mb's at whatever setting
I put either the avi saving defaults or the slider in the saver unit. So I
will have to do it in another program like premiere or LW, but so far these
have refused to do it at all.
I will try your solutions... Ill get back : )

"Erkki Halkka" <erkki.halkka@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message
> except wrote:
>
> > Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (
>
> Mmmm... that sounds a lot like they want to do square pixel version of
> D1 PAL video file for computer screen viewing (the mathematically
> correct 4:3 size would be 720*540, which is close to what you're doing).
>
> Have you tried rendering to some other resolution?
>
> Try rendering in an image size where BOTH horizontal and vertical
> resolution can be divided by 16 (i.e. 720*528, which is just 3 pixels
> off from what they asked, or 720*544, which is the closest to the real
> thing). Does it work?
>
> If not, try with some other source material. Maybe your original file is
> the problem. Does that work?
>
> CU
> --
> - Eki
>
> http://www.akmp-program.fi
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/
>
> *************************************
> ******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
> *************************************

0
except

OT: Time for some light humor
Too many bad feelings here folks time to lighten up https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406954_4280482563446_2099852542_n.jpg -- https://www.createspace.com/3707686 On 11/19/2012 2:44 PM, philo wrote: > Too many bad feelings here folks time to lighten up > > > https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406954_4280482563446_2099852542_n.jpg > > > > > Please, you are asking too much of the inmates in the Linux and Microsoft wards in this asylum. :) On 11/19/12 12:44 PM, in article k8e27j$32r$2@dont-email.me, "philo�"...

Re: OT: RE: [HP3000-L] Observation #2
Glenn Paden wrote: > > Terrorism is a strategy and because of that war cannot be declared on it and > it cannot be defeated. Terrorism is not a person, group of people nor a > country. Action can be taken against the use of terrorism and the people and > groups that use it however those actions must include much > more than the military force. > Again, this pains me to tell you that your sentiments are very close to President Bush's. Two months ago I quoted the President from http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.bush.transcript/: "We will direct ...

non-existent domain error when axfr'ing a domain with A records?
When I run "nslookup -vc -query=axfr domain.tld x.x.x.x", I get "x.x.x.x can't find domain.tld: Non-existent domain" even though "nslookup -vc query=a domain.tld x.x.x.x" returns the correct result. Shouldn't I, if anything, be getting a "No zone transfer (AXFR) records available for domain.tld", instead? Why would I be getting "domain doesn't exist" errors when the A record clearly shows that it does exist? In article <1182964733.539589.266450@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, yawnmoth <terra1024@yahoo.com> wr...

[9fans] sed question (OT)
Sorry, not really the place for such questions but... I always struggle with sed, awk is easy but sed makes my head hurt. I am trying to capitalise the first tow words on each line (I could use awk as well but I have to use sed so it seems churlish to start another process). capitalising the first word on the line is easy enough: h s/^(.).*/\1/ y/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz/ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ/ x s/^.(.*)/\1/ x G s/\n// Though there maye be a much easier/more elegant way to do this, but for the 2nd word it gets much harder. What I really want is sam's ab...

SATA Burners, do they make them ?
Have they started to make Serial ATA burners ? Tod <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:8UsHb.154348$8y1.458892@attbi_s52... > Have they started to make Serial ATA burners ? Nope, not anyone who matters, anyway. On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:22:28 GMT "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote: > Have they started to make Serial ATA burners ? No they have not and they are not going as long as the majority of SATA host adapters in the world are incapable of supporting them. -- -- --John Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net ...

Re: Same Java SQL database engine on both client and server make more sense?
Hi, i think u need a software for data syncronization, i would also sugges u to use same database at both the places. U can try Daffodil DB whic comes with Replication support by means of Daffodil Replicator. Th replication tool is also compatible with Oracle & Sql Server. Check out the links: [URL]http://www.daffodildb.com/daffodildb.php[/URL] [URL]http://www.daffodildb.com/dbreplicator.php[/URL - anura ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------...

[OT] The Microsoftmobile
What if Microsoft designed cars? http://tinyurl.com/lpxeb In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote on Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:15:01 +0100 <1617343.2eDJPJ2XUP@schestowitz.com>: > What if Microsoft designed cars? > > http://tinyurl.com/lpxeb That looks a bit like a Trabant (which is slightly appropriate at least for the Win9x variants), though perhaps a better example might be http://sunmanford.net/arrival_photo/1974redpinto.html ? :-) (If one wants one in slightly better condition: http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z9698/default.as...

OT: SCOUG
This is a little off topic. Does anyone know what's going on witn SCOUG's website? It's been down for the ast couple of days. On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:51:06 UTC, Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com wrote: -> This is a little off topic. Does anyone know what's going on witn -> SCOUG's website? It's been down for the ast couple of days. The person hosting the server is in the process of moving to a new place and had to take the server offline. I was told the server was being moved to someone else to host and should be back in a few days. Mark -- From th...

OT: Request for a favor 3
Yesterday I wrote regarding the problem that some people were having with= =20 the Firefox browser playing the presentation that I had put together: > I know where the problem is: telling the player where to jump in the MP= 3 file=20 > and then asking it to begin playing from there. It simply doesn't alway= s=20 > work, and I've yet to find a reliable way to get it to do so, that's wh= y=20 > almost all of the complaints were about FF. In my previous Javascript code, I had all sorts of status-checking loops = to see=20 if the RealPlayer MP3 player was re...

Re: OT: Bush speaking with clarity and the "truth" FUNNY #3
Joe, is your information TRUE? NO, Seems not. There is up to 9 swift boat veterans that campaign with Kerry. "Of the 20 officers shown in the photograph, only two openly support Senator Kerry, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth said. Eleven of the officers in the photo oppose Kerry's bid for the presidency, four wish to remain uninvolved and two are deceased, the press release added. " What you refer to is a pic that Kerry uses and only 2 out of the bunch support him. 2 or even 9 is better 1. How many has Bush found that served with him in Alabama? Last count was s...

OT: Note to canadian users. Bell Canada interfering with telecom links.
In case you are not aware, Bell Canada has installed some deep packet inspection technology on non-internet telecommunications links which change user data in order to disrupt applications. While at the ISP level, this would be called throttling, in this case, Bell Canada is modifying payload data in point to point virtual circuits on a service that provides no internet connectivity (GAS, tariff 5410). This is tantamount to Bell Canada looking into bank transactions between bank branches and bank data centres and deciding which transaction should be modified to cause the application to rejec...

OT
Number 1 most requested thing on Dell's "Idea Storm" page: http://www.dellideastorm.com/ bob z. would love to be in a position where he wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. bob z. p.s. I'm living for givin the devil his due > wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. Ditto. Maybe someday. "Linux and x64 are two of the technologies most requested by UGS customers." http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_weekly.php?articleid=260017 Product name would be: Solinux 3dunix Lincad Modelinux "bob zee" <bobze...

Whitelists (OT maybe) #2
Hi, This might be a little OT, but someone here might know. I run a Sendmail 12.6 server on Red Hat for an ISP. Does anyone know of software that might be out there that would let me set up a customer configurable white list? What I am kind of envisioning is to have a web page where a customer could log in and setup the email addresses of people he wanted to be able to receive mail from. This would have to be configurable on a per-customer basis because many customers probably would not want to participate in the white list. Thanks, Lisa Casey ...

Extract the size my signal
Hello everybody, in Simulink I want to extract the size of my signal (for e.g. I have a 16x1 Matrix and I want to get the number "16"), because I need the size to pass it to a C-Function that I include via the s-function Builder. Is there a predefined Block to get the signal size? If not, is there an easier way than writing an m-file S-Function? Thx for your help! Best regards from Stefan "Stefan Jaeschke" <stefan.jaeschke@philips.com> wrote in message news:ef4843c.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP... > Hello everybody, > > in Simulink I want to extract the size...

Getting the size of segments
I know that the size of a logsegment can be derived from this: select sum(size) from master..sysusages where dbid = db_id( "name_of_database") and (segmap & 4) = 4 But how do I find out the size of the default and other user-defined segments ... separately ? John Salvo wrote: > John Salvo wrote: > >> >> I know that the size of a logsegment can be derived from this: >> >> select sum(size) >> from master..sysusages >> where dbid = db_id( "name_of_database") >> and (segmap & 4) = 4 >>...

OT - OT - OT
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp -- Cliff "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.com> wrote in message news:7jht919fodmtt9o6mdo11ac8rqlt6jf2ad@4ax.com... > http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp > > -- > Cliff Interesting but not very realistic at all. Lane (Lane, check for pulse. Are you alive?) Good effects. I liked Grandma best, I think I've seen her driving in front of me a few times. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message news:uYSdnRj7gaIQ6gLfRVn-qA@comcast.com... > > "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.co...

Re: OT: Christmas Day on Mars #5
The Beagle is Stranded. -----Original Message----- From: Larry Barnes [mailto:LABarnes@thecreek.com] Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 9:56 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Christmas Day on Mars The Beagle has landed, by all indications no fire hydrants have been found yet! -----Original Message----- From: Denys Beauchemin [mailto:denysnospamwanted@houston.rr.com] Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 10:26 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Christmas Day on Mars No Mars signal from the Beagle probe. (Yet.) http://news.bbc....

how to make money for music
MAKE $6,000 TO $30,000 IN JUST A FEW WEEKS!!! LEARN HOW TO TURN $6 INTO $6000OR EVEN $60000!! TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO $6000 EASY AND HONESTLY!!! READING THIS MESSAGE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER : I found this on a bulletin board and decided to try it. A little : while back, I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, : and came across an article similar to this that said you could make : thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of : $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but : like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. ...

OT-Digital8 camcorders with passthrough?
Just wondering if some of the DV enthusiasts here might know if there is a website listing all the Sony (or other) models that have analogue to digital passthrough. So far I think these ones do: DCR-TRV120 DCR-TRV130 DCR-TRV230 DCR-TRV240 DCR-TRV250 DCR-TRV260 DCR-TRV280 DCR-TRV310 DCR-TRV340 DCR-TRV350 DCR-TRV460 DCR-TRV480 DCR-TRV530 DCR-TRV720 DCR-TRV730 DCR-TRV740 DCR-TRV830 That means you can play an analogue Hi8 (maybe 8mm too?) tape in the camcorder and output it via firewire to your computer. Its a great way of archiving all your old 8mm/Hi8 tapes. You don't even need a work...

Linux makes reusable software in avionics
ElectronicsWeekly.com - UK The growing volume of embedded safety-critical software in avionics and other applications is threatening to create a workload overwhelming for developers ... <http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2006/04/12/38189/Linuxmakesreusablesoftwareinavionics.htm> -- -- http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html ...

OT:AGW
Well the global warming debate is over, as per godwin's law... http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/31/gore.environment.ap/index.htm l=20=20 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * You deniers will probably like number 7 on this list of geek solutions to global warming: http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/03/31/gore.environment.ap/index.html Bruce ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brice Yokem" <byokem@YAHOO.COM> To: <HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU&g...

Re: OT: Anyone listening to space shuttle? #2
How long does it take the shuttle to reach its destination once it lifts = off? Stefan >>> Gehan Gehale <gehale@gmail.com> 7/26/2005 1:57 PM >>> http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html?skipIntro=3D1=20 Live cam's of Houston control center with real time feed of audio between shuttle and ground... --=20 Gehan Gehale gehale@gmail.com=20 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ************************* The information in this ema...

OT: Babylon 5 (way OT)
I have just started a high-def blu-ray (or higher-def DVD) petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/B5HiDef/petition.html We may not see a major effort to recreate space scenes as is happening with Star Trek, but we may see "480p on DVD with more discs" or "1080i on Blu-Ray" if Warner Bros can be encouraged to do another digital transfer. Please consider signing the petition if you agree. Neil Rieck Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/docs/babylon5-hi-def-petition.html Neil Rieck wrote: > I have just started a high...

MAKE MONEY FAST AND EASY HURRY!!!!
MAKE MONEY FAST AND EASY HURRY!!!! Make Money Fast A little while back, I was browsing these newsgroups, just like you are now, and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought," Yeah, right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, but I was curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and address stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 n...

Fwd: OT: 10 Commandments--- more OT