OT: Making DivXes with non standard sizes

Hello!

I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a high
quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc either,
its just som arbitrary resolution.

Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make this
into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all give
an error message and fail to render this movie.

Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the top?

Greetings, Tom


0
except
1/20/2004 4:29:53 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3064 articles. 0 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

5 Replies
249 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the error
message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
aspect ratio?

What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
resolution settings....

I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX and
it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).

Jeff

"except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
news:ca6e933bfbd4ae3da46e46625a389310@news.teranews.com...
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
high
> quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc either,
> its just som arbitrary resolution.
>
> Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
this
> into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
give
> an error message and fail to render this movie.
>
> Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
top?
>
> Greetings, Tom
>
>


0
DarkScience
1/20/2004 5:45:14 PM
Hi!

Its DivX 5.1 Pro, and the error messages are the standard ones:

DF: Render did not Complete (now thats helpfull)
Lightwave: "Cannot Set Stream Format"
Premiere 6.5: "An error occured. Codec Compression Error. This codec may be
unable to support the requested frame size, or there may be a hardwarwe or
memory problem"

But hardware and memory are a-ok... : (


"DarkScience" <Jeff at Applied Visual dot Com> wrote in message
news:qIidnZQBfL239JDdRVn-jw@speakeasy.net...
> That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
> AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
> pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the
error
> message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
> aspect ratio?
>
> What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
> packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
> resolution settings....
>
> I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX
and
> it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).
>
> Jeff
>
> "except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
> news:ca6e933bfbd4ae3da46e46625a389310@news.teranews.com...
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
> high
> > quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> > supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc
either,
> > its just som arbitrary resolution.
> >
> > Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
> this
> > into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
> give
> > an error message and fail to render this movie.
> >
> > Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
> top?
> >
> > Greetings, Tom
> >
> >
>
>


0
except
1/20/2004 10:40:46 PM
Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (

"DarkScience" <Jeff at Applied Visual dot Com> wrote in message
news:qIidnZQBfL239JDdRVn-jw@speakeasy.net...
> That's weird...  It should let you produce videos in that resolution.
> AFAIK, the only restriction to resolutions in DivX is that the horizontal
> pixel count must be evenly divisible by 16, which 752 is.  What is the
error
> message?  Does it work with other resolutions that are similar in size and
> aspect ratio?
>
> What version of DivX are you using and is it DivX Pro or one of the lesser
> packages?  It could be that they have restricted DivX to only use standard
> resolution settings....
>
> I just stretched a clip to 752x525 in Vegas4 and rendered out as a DivX
and
> it worked.  This system has DivX Pro 5.03 (looks like I need to upgrade).
>
> Jeff
>
> "except" <info@Nospam-except.nl> wrote in message
> news:ca6e933bfbd4ae3da46e46625a389310@news.teranews.com...
> > Hello!
> >
> > I have a problem. I have an image sequence that I want to convert to a
> high
> > quality movie with a high compression. The problem is that the movie is
> > supposed to be 752x525 in resolution. This is not pal and not ntsc
either,
> > its just som arbitrary resolution.
> >
> > Now, whatever I try, DF, Premiere 6, Lightwave or other, I cannot make
> this
> > into a DivX. I have tried DivX 3.11, 5.1 and XviD to no avail. They all
> give
> > an error message and fail to render this movie.
> >
> > Does anyone know a method of doing this besides putting in bars on the
> top?
> >
> > Greetings, Tom
> >
> >
>
>


0
except
1/20/2004 10:45:15 PM
except wrote:

> Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (

Mmmm... that sounds a lot like they want to do square pixel version of 
D1 PAL video file for computer screen viewing (the mathematically 
correct 4:3 size would be 720*540, which is close to what you're doing).

Have you tried rendering to some other resolution?

Try rendering in an image size where BOTH horizontal and vertical 
resolution can be divided by 16 (i.e. 720*528, which is just 3 pixels 
off from what they asked, or 720*544, which is the closest to the real 
thing). Does it work?

If not, try with some other source material. Maybe your original file is 
the problem. Does that work?

CU
-- 
- Eki

http://www.akmp-program.fi
http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/

*************************************
******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
*************************************

0
Erkki
1/22/2004 11:28:00 PM
Hi Eki,

Thanks for the good advice.
Actually, I succeeded in making one go with 720x525. I did it in Digital
Fusion by setting the 'Make Legal' option in the saver.
Problem is, its an OOOLD digital fusion and I dont seem to be able to
control the codec in any way. the movie becomes 20 mb's at whatever setting
I put either the avi saving defaults or the slider in the saver unit. So I
will have to do it in another program like premiere or LW, but so far these
have refused to do it at all.
I will try your solutions... Ill get back : )

"Erkki Halkka" <erkki.halkka@kolumbus.fi> wrote in message
news:buplpa$2ia$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
> except wrote:
>
> > Sorry it's 720x 525. But it still doesnt work : (
>
> Mmmm... that sounds a lot like they want to do square pixel version of
> D1 PAL video file for computer screen viewing (the mathematically
> correct 4:3 size would be 720*540, which is close to what you're doing).
>
> Have you tried rendering to some other resolution?
>
> Try rendering in an image size where BOTH horizontal and vertical
> resolution can be divided by 16 (i.e. 720*528, which is just 3 pixels
> off from what they asked, or 720*544, which is the closest to the real
> thing). Does it work?
>
> If not, try with some other source material. Maybe your original file is
> the problem. Does that work?
>
> CU
> -- 
> - Eki
>
> http://www.akmp-program.fi
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/
>
> *************************************
> ******** warp9.to/soapwish **********
> *************************************
>


0
except
1/23/2004 9:09:10 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

OT slightly: Non standard size PDF with Acrobat Distiller
I need a sheet that is atleast 21" in any direction but I can't figure out how to make Acrobat Distiller do this. I am printing a decal that we are going to have made at Kinko's for prototype. Anyway I would prefer to give them a 1 to 1 PDF of it. Unfortunately it is in AutoCAD and won't print too well from SW. Corey Click on "settings/job-options" select the advanced tab and change the deault page size Cheers Frank CS wrote: > I need a sheet that is atleast 21" in any direction but I can't figure out > how to make Acrobat Distiller do this. I...

Regarging Standard & Non-standard block size for db_cache
Case-1) db_cache_size = 3600M Case-2) db_cache_size = 600M db_8k_cache_size = 3000M Will there be a difference in performance in the above cases? On what basis, the DBA has to decide whether to use Standard 4K block size or to have non-standard block sizes also for the Database? "qazmlp" <qazmlp1209@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bbf31.0411020226.75d639e7@posting.google.com... > Case-1) > db_cache_size = 3600M > > Case-2) > db_cache_size = 600M > db_8k_cache_size = 3000M > > Will there be a difference in performance in the above c...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the grap...

favorite non-standard app
What's your favorite app that didn't come with your distribution? I'm curious about the range of software out there and want to know what other people like. I'll go first: feh, an image viewer from http://www.linuxbrit.co.uk/feh/ Things I really like about feh that I haven't seen in other image viewers: it has both the ability to load images from http:// urls and the ability to reload after a delay. This allows me to view images I see linked to in usenet without needing to fire up my browser. And the delay reload is handy for webcams and related updating images. In the 20...

OT: Standard mail app
Hi all, can anyone tell me how to find out which is the standard mail programm and how to change it. I think it is stored anywhere in the registry. TIA, Siegfried Sorry.. I assume this is a non VO question. Mostly the apps will ask if you want them to be but the easiest way is to look up file associations and see what app opens .eml files.You can also do this with APIs . Look up SHGetFileInfo() in the online help. Geoff "Siegfried Reichmann" <reichmann@reichmann.co.at> wrote in message news:3F5CA209.2050408@reichmann.co.at... > Hi all, > >...

[OT] Non-Graphical MMORPG
Well, one of the trolls mentioned text-based MUDS, and acted like that was a bad thing :) overdrive.concentric.net 5195 Is a LPMud, that has been around since the early 90's, probably a bit longer than linux, and has been a collaborative coding effort for more than a decade. Players can graduate to become Wizards, and then code their own areas/equipment. It keeps on growing, but with the emergence of a lot of the Graphical MMORPG's, it has started to wane, lots of the old players are coming back, but we could use some fresh blood. So anyone who still plays MUDS (they sell Zmu...

OT - OT - OT
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp -- Cliff "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.com> wrote in message news:7jht919fodmtt9o6mdo11ac8rqlt6jf2ad@4ax.com... > http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp > > -- > Cliff Interesting but not very realistic at all. Lane (Lane, check for pulse. Are you alive?) Good effects. I liked Grandma best, I think I've seen her driving in front of me a few times. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message news:uYSdnRj7gaIQ6gLfRVn-qA@comcast.com... > > "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.co...

Making a graphical and command line app
I am attempting to build an application that can run with just a command line interface, but also display a gui when an X Server is available. However, even when I leave OnInit completely empty I still get an error message that gtk can not open the display. Is there anyway to start up without trying to contact the display? The point fot this is, that the wxWidgets system runs at this time. I would suggest this: (Ok, this is windows based 'WINMain', but similar would be possible on Linux with the corresponding main. Regards, Lothar wxAppConsole *wxCreateApp() { ...

Reading non-standard variable sizes
I'm attempting to read values from a binary file with some strange variable formats. Specifically, I have a field of data that uses 9 bytes. No IDL data format has 9 bytes. I can do the following: data = bytarr(9) ReadU, lun, data And lun will be ready to read the next variable, but how do I convert the 9 byte variable into a single 8-byte double number? Unfortunately, I can't change the format of this data because its a standard. Thanks for your interest. -Brian On 9/7/12 2:44 PM, Brian J. Daniel wrote: > I'm attempting to read values from a binary file wit...

non-standard page size in memoir
Hi all, I want to use a non-standard paper size with the memoir class (24cm x 16.5cm). I used the paper size commands provided by memoir (short example included below). I use pdflatex. I have two problems: 1) It appears the paper size is not correctly set in the pdf document, that is, the PDF viewer show Letter (or A4) pages. The text, however, is of the correct size (resulting in huge lower and right margins). 2) The width of the header and footer appears to be too small. The rule below the header stops about 4 characters to the left of the right margin, and also the page number is ...

How to make modal dialog non-modal or how to make non-modal dialog modal from code
I have one window in resource file and I want to use it as modal or non-modal according to situation, I don't want to create two similar windows with one difference one Regular and one modal. So I need to change Layer parameter from modal to Regular or from Regular to modal from code (when creating dialog for example). How can I do it for both platform - Mac and Win? I've found some calls which work on windows: ClearAttribute(windAttr_Modal); SetAttribute(windAttr_Regular); GetMFCWnd()->GetSafeHwnd(), GWL_USERDATA, windAttr_Regular); SetLastModalWindow(NULL); but I th...

Standard way of finding size of non-PODs
For the sake of curiosity, is there a standard way of finding the size of non-PODs? -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] On Apr 25, 12:57 pm, puppi <fabricio.pu...@gmail.com> wrote: > For the sake of curiosity, is there a standard way of finding the size > of non-PODs? size_t size = sizeof(MyClass); Your class doesn't need to be POD to use sizeof. The only limitations on what you can pass to sizeof are as follows fro section 5.3.3 of the 2003 c++ standa...

How do I make app start up full-sized, not reduced?
Hi, Thanks for reading. I have a simple wxPython app using a frame. Q: How do I make the app start up full-screen size? Currently it starts up using the size() attribute which I want to remove and use MAX or something... (I cant seem to navigate thru the help-docs, I hit ctrl-spacebar and alt-t, but it doesn't quite get it...) Code snippets most welcommed! -thanks jim --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org ...

OT
Number 1 most requested thing on Dell's "Idea Storm" page: http://www.dellideastorm.com/ bob z. would love to be in a position where he wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. bob z. p.s. I'm living for givin the devil his due > wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. Ditto. Maybe someday. "Linux and x64 are two of the technologies most requested by UGS customers." http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_weekly.php?articleid=260017 Product name would be: Solinux 3dunix Lincad Modelinux "bob zee" <bobze...

Web resources about - OT: Making DivXes with non standard sizes - comp.graphics.apps.lightwave

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Ad Standards Board upholds complaint against Honey Birdette over gagged Santa ads
The Advertising Standards Board has upheld complaints against lingerie advertising by Honey Birdette due to suggestions of sexual violence.

Standard Of Review: Showtime’s ‘Billions’ Shows Promise
It's not without flaws, but Billions has a strong group of actors and an interesting premise.

Arista Drops 7% as it Files Antitrust Suit Against Cisco; Claims 'CLI' is 'Open Standard'
Arista Drops 7% as it Files Antitrust Suit Against Cisco; Claims 'CLI' is 'Open Standard' Barron's (blog) Shares of networking equipment firm ...

Resources last updated: 2/4/2016 3:48:49 AM