Surface preset window text colour

How/Can I change the text colour of the Surface Preset panel's text colour?
(F8)

I'm using LW8.3 on Windows XP, but the text colour is too dark for my old
eyes to see the preset description text..

Can't seem to find the correct parameter in Windows' Control Panel Display
Options dialogue ...

Mondays eh?   ;-)

best,  H

0
Hobbit
10/10/2005 12:48:10 PM
comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3062 articles. 0 followers. genericsubscriptions (19) is leader. Post Follow

How to create and populate a text file in unix C programming
I am trying to have my parent process create two text files in my current directory write its pid in ecah file and close them. I don't know how to create the files and write to the files? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com azi <member34294@dbforums.com> wrote: >I am trying to have my parent process create two text files in my >current directory write its pid in ecah file and close them. >I don't know how to create the files and write to the files? Any tutorial on C will have a much more detailed explanation of how to write text to a file than you will likely get here....

Windows timer
Hello, I am new to windows programming. I want to capture bits from timer's Channel 0 or from CPU tick counter. I do not know how to go about it. Kindly help. Thanks. Atul On 17 Jul 2006 11:45:00 -0700, atsharma@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, >I am new to windows programming. I want to capture bits from timer's >Channel 0 or from CPU tick counter. I do not know how to go about it. >Kindly help. >Thanks. >Atul > It would be helpful to know what you are going to do with the timer values. QueryPerformanceCounter is probably what you are looking for, ...

twm and switching window managers
Ok, here's the deal: I run blackbox by itself, and can right-click, and select "switch window managers" and then twm, and my window manager switches to twm. However, I don't know how to switch back to blackbox from twm without restarting the computer. Any ideas? And don't tell me to put exec blackbox or exec twm in my .xsession... unless that's for something OTHER THAN startup. I already do exec blackbox to start blackbox automatically on startup, which is what I want. In article <48013694.0307131215.46fce14d@posting.google.com>, Luke <run...

=?windows-1256?B?1ebRIHdoaXRlIExHIG5leHVzIDQgZWd5cHQg5O3f09MgNCDH4cPI?= =?windows-1256?B?7dY=?=
=D5=E6=D1 white LG nexus 4 egypt =E4=ED=DF=D3=D3 4 =C7=E1=C3=C8=ED=D6 http://natigtas7ab.blogspot.com/2013/02/white-lg-nexus-4-egypt-4.html ...

Google =?windows-1252?Q?Wave=92s_first_Microsoft_faithful_?= =?windows-1252?Q?attack=3F_?=
I was wondering how long it would be before the MS faithful infested Google Wave, now it could be that they have arrived. Come on people, lets not talk about Windows 7 shortcomings at least until Windows 8 is ready to be sold to you. http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/google-waves-first-microsoft-faithful-attack/ -- Goblin - bytes4free@googlemail.com http://www.openbytes.wordpress.com - The blog of Goblin! "I refute the claim I am one of the Linux unwashed. I take a shower once a year whether I need to or not" Also catch me on: Twitter - http://w...

Window/object class names and control ID's
We have a PB app in which an outside group would like to access the information which we display. I'm a little blurry on it, but it seems there is some way to read data out of a running application using win32 api calls or something like that. For example they want to read the employee name out of the SLE as the app runs. They are asking me questions which I have no idea about and I'm hoping someone here can help. Questions like: What is the Window Name and/or class name for the application Window? What is the Windows class name and control ID for the last name fiel...

=?windows-1252?Q?VipIMAGE_2011_=96_ECCOMAS_Thematic_Conference_=2D_FIRS?= =?windows-1252?Q?T_ANNOUNCE?=
---------------------------------------------------------------------------= -------------------------------------------------------- International ECCOMAS Thematic Conference VipIMAGE 2011 - III ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING 12-14th October 2011, Olh=E3o, Algarve, Portugal www.fe.up.pt/~vipimage FIRST ANNOUNCE (We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your colleagues and co-workers.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= --------------------------------------------------------...

Programmatically creating Cocoa window
Hello, I need to open a Cocoa window from a command-line application. Is it possible to do that without introducing the need for my app to have NIB, XIB or info.plist files? I couldn't find any references on the web (they all seem to need the NIB or info.plist). Thanks Eduardo Eduardo <eduardorp1@gmail.com> writes: > I need to open a Cocoa window from a command-line application. A command-line tool, by definition, does not have a GUI. You should refactor your design, to allow your tool to launch a GUI app and pass options to it. For example, BBEdit installs suc...

US-AZ-Tucson: CAD-Surfacing, Pro/SURFACE, GD&T, ANSI Y14.5M, ASME standards; Per (45293357615)
US-AZ-Tucson: CAD-Surfacing, Pro/SURFACE, GD&T, ANSI Y14.5M, ASME standards; Per (45293357615) ============================================================================================== Position: CAD-Surfacing Reference: SMC01262 Location: Tucson AZ Duration: Perm Skills: 6 + years ProEngineering CAD tools especially Pro/SURFACE. Mechanical design principles, concepts practices and standards. GD&T in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M. Technical drafting, ASME drawing standards. Desig...

volume mesh from a surface mesh or from vertices of surface
Hello, I have binary images of soil. With the function isosurface and trimesh, I can access to a surface mesh of pores of my soil but I would like to mesh inside the pore too. Somebody can help me please ? Thanks Marie Hi, I just wanted to point out that MATLAB isosurface function has a lot of problems for complex data. I have created a program that renders exact error-free surfaces from 3-D voxel data, such as from MRI, CT Scan. The following is the link to the discussion thread http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/268226#755017 You can download th...

turn off browser window
Hi. Can I turn off browser window with javascript and how ? Thanks Haris Bogdanovich wrote: > Can I turn off browser window with javascript and how ? No, you can not. (sic!) <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> PointedEars -- realism: HTML 4.01 Strict evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict madness: XHTML 1.1 as application/xhtml+xml -- Bjoern Hoehrmann Haris Bogdanovich, 2012-04-18 18:17: > Can I turn off browser window with javascript and how ? What ever you mean with "turn off browser ...

JTextPane: set text alignment
why is this being ignored.. textAreaTop.setAlignmentY(textAreaTop.BOTTOM_ALIGNMENT) have tried to use this method a no. of times, it never works.. what other way is there, pls, to set text alignment.. thank you.. that's not for *text* alignment maybe this can help: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=57&threadID=390611 -- ~~~ Rifletti, prima di pensare! ~~~ "Frances" <fdr58@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:43453666$0$49010$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > why is this being ignored.. > > textAreaTop.setAlignmentY(textAreaTop.BOTTOM_...

surface approximation based on surface normals
Hi everyone, For a rectangularly spaced grid I know at every grid point the surface normal. Additionally, I know the function value at one grid point. What would be a good strategy if I want to find the actual surface that has the specific surface normals. Since this seems to be a common problem in computer graphics I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. Are there any algorithms know to work well for this kind of problem? Best Regards, Peter If you rotate the surface normal "n" by pi/2 in (n,z) plane, you will get the surface gradient. The problem becomes: f...

Windows not recognizing USB 2.0 external drive.
Have a 250 gig Simpletech USB 2.0 external h/d. I have 2 systems, one is running XP Home, one is running XP Media. On the XP Home machine, I have a Techgear USB 2.0 card running and when I start the drive, it recognizes and accesses it fine. However, on the XP Media machine which has built-in USB 2.0 ports, I get a "drive not recognized" message. Isn't XP supposed to have support for external drives? Perhaps I need to adjust something? "Doc" <docsavage20@xhotmail.xom> wrote in message news:wvOxg.3424$gF6.33@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... ...

A million units? Is there some "Buy Windows, get a free Zune" program in the works?
http://blogs.siliconvalley.com/gmsv/2006/12/microsofts_zune.html There's a fine line between "eating your own dogfood" and "believing your own BS" and Microsoft's Zune team appears to have finally crossed it. With Zune sales slowing in a season marked by over- consumption and deleterious reviews of the device still echoing through the media (The overall Zune experience is "about as pleasant as having an airbag deploy in your face."), Microsoft has stepped forward and declared that it's on track to sell more than 1 million Zunes...

maya API
Heya. I've just started writing a Maya exporter this week (so I'm a total noob to Maya API and don't know any Mel script other than loadPlugin and unloadPlugin) and I'm having trouble with something that seems like it should be really simple. I have a shaderEngine object and I'm trying to get the name of the surface material object that is applied to it. (ie. the name that comes up in the HyperShade window for each shader). I've tried grabbing the surface Shader attribute but its name is "surfaceShader"... so that was a dead end for me. M...

Learning Surfaces
I noticed that there are only two examples of Surface Geometry in the Solidworks help files. "Surfaces", and "3-D Sketching with planes". Is there somewhere I can go for the real basic principles? Maybe explaining the many individual features that make up the whole of Surfaces. The Community College that I attend doesn't offer Solidworks Level II, at all. Level II involves Surfaces, Photoworks, Animation, Cosmoworks, Routing, etc. I did see some real nice Powerpoint tutorials on the net from Di Monti web site, and also from a site by Lombard, but I believe they must...

eval function for edit text of GUI?
I've created a GUI with an edit text box for the user to enter an equation to ultimately determine the root by various methods depending on which push button is pushed. I'm having trouble getting started with the equation entered by the user. I don't want to call in the equation as either a string or number, but as an equation recognizable by MatLab so I tried the eval function. My code is below: function edit1_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles) eval(get(hObject,'String')); handles.user_equation=handles.edit1; guidata(hObject,handles); ...

Re: SAS performance records under Windows #3
Carl, Charles Patridge's advice to use FULLSTIMER is excellent if you're hoping to find sections of the code to optimize. Another approach is to go outside SAS and optimize the environment. How large are your data sets? How much RAM is on your PC -- enough to run the job comfortably, or so little that Windows is paging memory to and from disk? The latter could really kill your execution times, and adding RAM to an undersupplied PC could make a dramatic difference. If you're not paging, another bottleneck is likely to be writing and reading from disk as you create work dataset...

Software for Windows on Mac
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone of you are running Windows on your Mac. What software do you think is good that will allow me to run both Mac OS as well as Windows? Is it common to run both Mac OS and Windows on the same machine? Thanks for your help! Best, David In article <e527740d-9138-421f-a7c7-364b4b82d7b3@h14g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, David <d33licious@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi guys, > > I was wondering if anyone of you are running Windows on your Mac. What > software do you think is good that will allow me to run both Mac OS as > well as Windows? Is it...

=?windows-1252?Q?Symposium_=93Experimental_and_Computational_Bio=2DImag?= =?windows-1252?Q?ing_and_Visualization=94_within_ICEM15_=96_Announce_=26_Call_f?= =?windows-1252?Q?or_Papers?=
Dear Colleague, Within the 15th International Conference on Experimental Mechanics (ICEM15), to be held in Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, in July 22-27, 2012, (www.fe.up.pt/clme/icem15/ index.htm), we are organizing a Symposium on =93Experimental and Computational Bio-Imaging and Visualization=94. The main goal of the Symposium =93Experimental and Computational Bio- Imaging and Visualization=94 is to bring together researchers, developers and clinicians involved in the related fields of Bio- Imaging and Visualization, including Biomechanics, Experimental Biomech...

Inserting a symbol into a text widget
I'm trying to insert a 'right arrow' from the Symbol font into a text widget but failing! The unicode char is \uF0AE and I've tried many variations of the following: .... ..tx configure id -font {Symbol 10} ..tx insert end {\u0foae} id but without success. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Simon Geard You want the \u.. evaluated, no? So don't brace it: ..tx insert end \uf0ae id Doesn't work. The widget displays '?'. Just solved it, seems the leading f0 was incorrect. ..tx insert end \uae id works perfectly. Thanks for your help. Simon ...

US-AZ-Tucson: CAD-Surfacing, Pro/SURFACE, GD&T, ANSI Y14.5M, ASME standards; Per (45292132414)
US-AZ-Tucson: CAD-Surfacing, Pro/SURFACE, GD&T, ANSI Y14.5M, ASME standards; Per (45292132414) ============================================================================================== Position: CAD-Surfacing Reference: SMC01262 Location: Tucson AZ Duration: Perm Skills: 6 + years ProEngineering CAD tools especially Pro/SURFACE. Mechanical design principles, concepts practices and standards. GD&T in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M. Technical drafting, ASME drawing standards. Desig...

Changing the "description" of a Windows .exe file
Here's my basic question... is it possible to modify a Windows .exe file to change its "description" which appears in such places as Windows' "Open With" dialogue box? I don't think the source code is available for this file (and if it was, I wouldn't know what to do with it), so I'd like to modify the .exe file directly if possible. In case you're interested in knowing why I'm asking this, read on... I really like Crimson Editor, the freeware programming editor. I use it to write programs in two different languages, Inform and TADS (f...

Surface Problem
Hi, guys, I didn't get this answered and was hoping that maybe someone could help me with this problem. Any aid would really be helpful. -Jeff Hi, I have a huge amount of data that I'm working with and need to plot and was hoping that someone could help me with. The data has three coordinates - radius, polar angle, and time.��I want to create a circular image and then to create an MPEG out of the different frames (imagine a moving satellite picture of the Earth...). I did this by using "POLAR_SURFACE" and interpolating between the data points.��However, the proble...