Surface preset window text colour

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

How/Can I change the text colour of the Surface Preset panel's text colour?
(F8)

I'm using LW8.3 on Windows XP, but the text colour is too dark for my old
eyes to see the preset description text..

Can't seem to find the correct parameter in Windows' Control Panel Display
Options dialogue ...

Mondays eh?   ;-)

best,  H

0
Reply Hobbit 10/10/2005 12:48:10 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.graphics.apps.lightwave 3061 articles. 4 followers. Post

coloured text in VIO windows
Hi, I used to know how produce coloured text and coloured backgrounds (ie not just the default white text on a black background). Can anyone point me to a description of how to this on OS/2? all the best, Jeremy Harbinson On 2005-11-26, Jeremy Harbinson <Jeremy.Harbinson@wur.nl> wrote: > Hi, > I used to know how produce coloured text and coloured backgrounds example: @echo off mode 80 33 set prompt=$e[0;47;30m$e[K$r[$p] cls Franz Bakan wrote: > On 2005-11-26, Jeremy Harbinson <Jeremy.Harbinson@wur.nl> wrote: > >>Hi, >>I used to k...

How to change text colour on Command Window
fprintf(2,'Based on the results of Determinant and Eigenvalues shown above "Matrix A" is not an orthogonal Matrix \n') I wrote the above texts in M-File and I want it to be appeared in blue colour texts on Command Window when I run in. How do I change the colour of the above texts to be any colour such as blue or green etc? I don't know if it's actually possible. I looked into this a while ago, and I believe it's only possible to give the red using an fprintf(2, and the regular black colour. ...

How to colour text in a Windows cmd.exe shell
I'd like to colour my output. Term::ANSIColor looks great, but unfortunately i'm on windows using cmd.exe and it doesn't want to interpret the colour codes. Other than changing shell, is there anyway i can get a coloured output? The best idea i've come up with is to pipe my ouput thro' "more": # code borrowed from Term::ANSIColor docs use Term::ANSIColor; open STDOUT, "|more" or die "Can't redirect STDOUT: $!"; # !!! print color 'bold blue'; print "This text is bold blue.\n"; print color 'rese...

windows colours to HTML colours
Hi Does anybody have a function or know how to turn windows colour from a colour picker into a HTML colour code? eg windows is clRed and I need #FF0000 Brian On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:46:53 GMT, "Brian" <not@given.com> wrote: >Hi > >Does anybody have a function or know how to turn >windows colour from a colour picker into a HTML >colour code? >eg windows is clRed and I need #FF0000 The windows colour picker dialog returns a LongWord in which the lower 3 bytes are packed RGB... Macros are provided in winapi to burst it... functi...

Colour coding text in text boxes
I have designed a form for my client to get a monthly overview of bookings. It consists of 42 text boxes in 7 columns by weekday - Monday to Sunday. This allows for a 31 day month beginning on Sunday. Each box contains the day plus a note of the booking and booking times. For example 27th Consultancy group meeting 10.00 - 11.00 Sales seminar 14.00 - 16.30 However, now the client has asked if the entries can be colour coded according to the status of the booking - red for provisional, green for confirmed etc. I'm not aware of any method to allow part of the text in a te...

Windows
OK - I know how to get the text/title of the windows on a local system by using the window handle. What I want to do is to get the text/ title of the windows on a remote system. Enumerating the window handles will of course not work remotely, I know that. Does anyone know anything short of a client/server setup that *will* work? Everything would be Windows 2003 server, and I can assume that I have administrative rights to all affected machines. Any ideas? Well, i guess you will need a process on each machine you need to monitor, and then you do have a client server setup. This can be ea...

Colour of surfaces in a multiple surface plot
Hi, I have a graph plotting multiple complex surfaces. The surfaces are generated from a 3D matrix which is overwritten by the next surface as soon as a plot is produced. The plotted surfaces are kept on the graph using "hold on". I want each of these surfaces to be a different single colour to make the graph easier to interpret. Could anyone suggest how I might do this? Many thanks "Alegnus Harniman" <rh4041@bristol.ac.uk> wrote in message <gukfm5$5g9$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > I have a graph plotting multiple complex surfaces. The surface...

How to limit text background colour to text itself?
Hi, On a webpage I'm authoring I'm having a problem with setting the text background colour. I'm using this: P {color ="FFFFFF"; background-color:"000000"; font-size:10pt; font-family: verdana, courier, monospace} with this: <P>Body text goes here.</P> I want to limit the background colour to just the text itself, but it extends to the whole paragraph, often covering a large amount of space that I don't want to be changed(am I right that this is a recent property of IE and NN, that earlier versions supported what I require?)....

Row background colour and text colour
Can I create a single class which can be applied to the background colour of a <TR> and also the foreground colour of some text enclosed in a <SPAN>? If you really must have an example of where I would deploy this, then look at http://swiftys.org.uk/stevewants.html but don't blame me if you feel queasy afterwards, either because of the content or the archaic HTML, which works fine for me (100% of the normal audience). I'd like to be able to define the colour of the green text above the table, and the background colour of the green rows inside the table wit...

show windows get window text? Help
Hey all I read a tut.. on Get windows and show windows in notepad and how to send messages on it I am weary on it can any of you help me understand it better some how in just confused about it -- Frank R. Jr. ...

A text version of Grab for window capture of text?
I have found Apple's Grab to be very useful to capture screens of pictures and symbolic text to insert in other applications. For example, mathematical symbols such as integral signs, strange characters, diagrams, and the like can then be used in PowerPoint presentations without formatting concerns. I have run across some applications that I am almost certain use text format to display textual data on a screen. These applications do not have the ability to save or export the data to a readable file. EyeTV is one of these applications. It presents a list of television chann...

Need help converting unix text to windows text
I have been working on this for weeks. Whatever my FTP client does to translate the unix text file with each line ending in a LF character back into a LF CR I need some code in Perl to this. The task is, save data from an html form into a flatfile database. I have a Linux server. The program I have allows the user to search for a text file (unix text) and download the file through their browser. It has to convert the little LF's to CRLF. I have tried using some people's suggestion on how to do this. But it doesn't work yet. Right now it serves up the file because I have ever...

How to modify text on first window from child of second window?
Subject says it all. Given: Window A with text field. Window B with a button (onClick opens Window C) Window C with a button (onClick I want it to modify text fields of Window A) I have tried storing the handle of Window A ( var winHandle = this; ) in a global variable/file ( globals.js ) and then accessing it from Window C ( winHandle.document.txt1.value = "blah";) But I am having problems with globals. (Differnt problem and post all together. But I tell you this globals don't behave like they do in C. And they are pissing me off.) Any help greatly appreciated. jg Jua...

Windows 7 style Text Fields backgound text
Hi is there a way to get a background text in entry fields (text presenters) in the entry area itself - that disappears when you start typing - i.e. Windows 7 style. (Is there any special name / buzzword for that feature ?) Regards Sanjay Sanjay, >is there a way to get a background text in entry fields (text >presenters) in the entry area itself - that disappears when you start >typing - i.e. Windows 7 style. If you don't mind the test being selected then this should work. Select all the following and evaluate in a workspace... sh := Shell show. sh v...

coloured text...
Dear Programmers... How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function... plz help thanx sudip wrote: > Dear Programmers... > How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I > do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function... Well, as you seem to know, conio.h and cprintf() are not standard C but platform (and maybe implementation) specific. This is beyond the scope of this newsgroup. Asking in a newsgroup for Unix/Linux programming newsgroup may help ...

Colouring Text
Hi guys, I am using Photoshop for the first time and I need to be able to put text on top of a rectangle. How do I change the colour of the text to white as it always appears as the same colour as the rectangle. This is to be used as a menu at the side of a website. Johnny Jonathan Tremlett CIT2004 wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am using Photoshop for the first time and I need to be able to put text on > top of a rectangle. How do I change the colour of the text to white as it > always appears as the same colour as the rectangle. This is to be used as a > menu at the sid...

Coloured text
I'm using CLISP 2.34 on Windows XP. Is there a way for me to print coloured text? I was thinking of trying to create a DOS-like interface using the SCREEN functionality. I've tried (setq a (concatenate 'string (string #\Escape) "[31m hello")) (format t a) hoping that it would print text in red, but it didn't work. Mark Carter <me@privacy.net> writes: > I'm using CLISP 2.34 on Windows XP. > > Is there a way for me to print coloured text? I was thinking of trying > to create a DOS-like interface using the SCREEN functionality. I've > ...

text colour
Being new to javascript, I'm stuck on what is obviously a simple thing. I have a script which finishes with a document.write statement to print the result to the screen. This is all working OK, but how do I change the colour of the text and make it bold? I tried adding style.color = "yellow"; before the write statement, but the colour was still black. Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA Geoff "Geoff" wrote > Being new to javascript, I'm stuck on what is obviously a simple thing. > I have a script which finishes with a document.write sta...

Telnet via Expect from Windows to Windows (Text is not displayed correctly)
Hi, I'm "porting" an Expect Script which was written for Linux Telnet servers, to Windows Telnet servers. Changing and/or finding the right commands for the Windows Shell (Command) is not the Problem. Also the Login works fine, the Windows 2000 Telnet Daemon is configured correctly at that point. But now my problem. The Windows Telnet Client is not displaying everything correctly when it is receiving its commands from expect, here's the output: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- spawn telnet X.X.X.X Trying X.X.X....

Colouring text
I am trying to colour some text in a script I am writing. What I want to do is colour the text red if it has the work red in it for example: What I have is... ..text insert end "Write a line of text\n" I've tried adding --foreground red (or "red" or #ff0000 or "#ff0000") but the text just comes out black - the default. Now at some point the books I ordered on Tcl/TK will turn up and all will be revealed, but I'm an impatient man and having got this far (well it looks pretty good for a few hours reading man / web pages) I just want to get on with t...

coloured text...
Dear GNU/Linux users, I want to print coloured text...in a c program..how can I do that under Linux platorm..the same I do in MS-DOS. Is there a function other than printf() or some escape sequence? plz help. thanx On comp.os.linux.misc, in <1120289725.260820.201010@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, "sudip" wrote: > Dear GNU/Linux users, I want to print coloured text...in a c > program..how can I do that under Linux platorm..the same I do > in MS-DOS. Is there a function other than printf() or some > escape sequence? plz help. thanx > Before you worry about...

Colourful windows...
....that even Apple afficionados might appreciate. http://cjoint.com/data/0LivcdYZvLU_windows.jpg Xmas greetings from Germany. Laszlo -- One computer and three operating systems, not the other way round. One wife and many hotels, not the other way round ! ;-) "Laszlo Lebrun" wrote in message news:ka1qbf$52n$1@tota-refugium.de... >...that even Apple afficionados might appreciate. >http://cjoint.com/data/0LivcdYZvLU_windows.jpg >.Xmas greetings from Germany. >Laszlo NEAT!!! Thanks. On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 11:49:20 +0100, Laszlo Lebrun wr...

no text in the windows
On Linux CentOS 5.1 with wine-0.9.52. I am able to see fonts in winecfg properly, but running other programs shows no fonts in the gui windows or on buttons. The warning dialog messages when exiting programs appear properly with text on the buttons as well, but not the programs. I've searched and have followed instructions at http://corefonts.sourceforge.net and have installed the fontforge rpm. I'd be appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction please. Greg Russell wrote: > On Linux CentOS 5.1 with wine-0.9.52. I am able to see fonts in winecf...

Why does background colour and font colour change when you change the windows settings?
Hi I have written an HTML pages which does not have any colour specifying tags as far I know. When I view this in an Microsoft internet explorer browser it appears with a white background and black text but when I change Windows start menu->settings->control panel ->display -> appearance and change scheme to 'High Contrast Black' the background in the browser changes to black and the text to white. I understand that the windows scheme specifies the font and background colours but does any one know how the IE browser picks this up? Also is there any way of dete...