Army dog tag font

I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for a
font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog tag.
Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would match?

0
K4Gap
7/20/2005 4:31:14 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 30 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

ZOOMING into an image I found here:
http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg

And here is a place for free fonts . . .
http://www.1001freefonts.com/

I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .

As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
else will know.

--
Chuck

"K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for
> font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
tag.
> Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
match?

0
Chuck
7/20/2005 5:06:30 PM
I made a dog tag and posted it at:
alt.binaries.paint-shop-pro
It has the same subject as this message.

I used the Courier New font . . . chiseled it, shadowed it, etc . . .
perhaps this will help . . .

--
Chuck

"Chuck" <yadayada@blah.blah> wrote in message
> ZOOMING into an image I found here:
> http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg
>
> And here is a place for free fonts . . .
> http://www.1001freefonts.com/
>
> I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .
>
> As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
> else will know.
>
> --
> Chuck
>
> "K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> > I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking
for
> > font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
> tag.
> > Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
> match?

0
Chuck

matlab 6.5 display strange font color
Thanks in advance. The matlabe 6.5 recently display very strange that some portion of the text (usually with the hyperlink in help file) are shown in white. So apparently its invisible with the white background. Also, the content shown in the command windows are very fuzzy and broken. The matlab was good before and I did not make any changes on the setting. It's run in windows 2000. Everything is still fine. Is there any suggestion about that? I tried to reinstall it but did not help. regards zhong Try to reinstall the graphic card driver ...

embedded font in pdflatex
How can i embedded the fonts using pdflatex for Miktex ...

[RefleX] Once Upon A Tag...
RefleX 0.2.0 is out ! and Better Than Ever http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/ -This new release introduces *XUnit*, a tool that helps to design test-suites for programs that are dealing with XML datas. I'll made a separate post to present XUnit... -One of the most outstanding new feature is the ability to *filter SAX streams with XPath patterns* ; you'll find in the tutorial section a runnable example where a 15Mo file is connected to a SAX pipeline with a rule-based filter... -*XInclude and the XPointer framework* are also supported. You can also XMLize raw text with a tokenizer ...

fonts 83169
Which program can show me the fonts before I installed them? So CD with fonts in the PC and than looking and comparing fonts before installing. daarmeeh@gmail.com wrote: > Which program can show me the fonts before I installed them? > So CD with fonts in the PC and than looking and comparing fonts before > installing. Just click on the .TTF icon, this will open the .TTF in FONTVIEW.EXE "Chris Jacobs" <chris.jacobs@xs4all.nl> schrieb: > daarmeeh@gmail.com wrote: > > Which program can show me the fonts before I installed them? > > So CD with fonts in...

keeping aesthetics with font size change
I want to add to my app the option to use ctrl +/- to increase/ decrease font size. It all goes fine but the fields sizes are growing differently which causes the nice look to break. it seems that the text widget (or as you can see in the code the ttk::text wrapper) is the one that fails. how can I make the field to align nicely regardless of their font size? # wraps a plain Tk widget inside a ttk frame (Taken from tcl wiki) proc ::ttk::WrapWidget {class path args} { # handle the args set args [dict replace $args \ -background white \ -borderwidth 0 \ -highlightthickness 0] set args [d...

UTF-8 meta tags removed my yahoo/google mail
I set UTF-8 in the header and with meta tags. But my yahoo or google mail web browser removes the meta tags I have, and displays it as ISO. My emails work fine in outlook and other mail readers. Is there anything that can be done to make sure yahoo and google use utf-8 instead of iso? ...

pgsql-server/src/backend/utils/adt Tag: REL7_3 ... #3
CVSROOT: /cvsroot Module name: pgsql-server Changes by: tgl@svr1.postgresql.org 03/10/02 19:25:08 Modified files: src/backend/utils/adt: Tag: REL7_3_STABLE ruleutils.c Log message: When dumping CREATE INDEX, must show opclass name if the opclass isn't in the schema search path. Otherwise pg_dump doesn't correctly dump scenarios where a custom opclass is created in 'public' and then used by indexes in other schemas. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend ...

Can I make permanent font settings in Mathematica 5
The font size for input in Mathematica is too small. Can I change a global setting some where so that I can increase the font size for input, for example, to 14 and have it be that size every time I start it up after that? Thanks. Hi! Edit/Preferences/Formating Options/FontOptions/14 with kind regards! On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:24:25 -0400 (EDT) bookreader127 <bookreader127@yahoo.com> wrote: > The font size for input in Mathematica is too small. Can I change a > global setting some where so that I can increase the font size for > input, for example, to 1...

How to fix screen font?
I'm doing an install of Debian Sid on a new computer and just installed Wine 20050524-WineHQ-1 from the Debian repositories. I'm trying to manually configure Wine (since "Wine setup" no longer works) and the screen fonts are that funky hand drawn font. How can I change the screen fonts to something more readable? Thanks I figured it out: go to here: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ and download arial32.exe, then run wine arial32.exe... Fixed! gobigkahuna wrote: > I'm doing an install of Debian Sid on a new computer and just installed > Wine...

Detecting dog barks
A potential customer requested a feasibiltiy study for a product requiring detecion of dog barks in a real-time recorderd digital audio signal. Functional requirements describe: "Barks should be detected with a accuracy of at least 80%, while other (possibly loud) signals like traffic, playing children, etc should generate false positives in no more then 10% of the cases." Any tips on algorithms or literature to get me started ? Thanks, Ico >A potential customer requested a feasibiltiy study for a product >requiring detecion of dog barks in a real-time reco...

Itunes and ID3 tags #2
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3157645920_14420648 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Does anyone know how to enable the song name and artist to show up when playing an audio cd burned using iTunes? Is there a setting somewhere? Thanks. --B_3157645920_14420648 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Itunes and ID3 tags</TITLE&...

Americas Army SF training
Can anyone please post tips and or a link to a site with a map on for AA SF EE training. I finally managed to pass the bloody test and now I'm stuck on the escape and evasion part. It seems bloody impossible. I would be extremely grateful. I've only gone and fucking done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All by myself too, with no walkthrough. One of the most tedious hours of my life but I've done it. "johnny8977" <cyki@johnny8977.plus.comNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Vr7wb.12107$lm1.89156@wards.force9.net... > Can anyone please post tips and or a link to a si...

div tag and anchor tag
i have a problem with making a dropdown menu with layers(div). when i put links in the layer, the links seem to trigger an onmouse event, making the layer flicker(being redrawn it seems). the problem occurs in IE6 and NS6, but not in opera. the layer also has a onmouseout to hide it when the mouse leaves the layer. so, when i have links and the onmouseout on the layer. it flickers. it works fine with: 1. links and no onmouseout on the layer 2. no links and with onmouseout on the layer. any one know a solution to this problem? help would be greatly appreciated anyone plz? aeiopop@hotmail.c...

Swiss Army Women's Calvary Watch 24530
Price:$250.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000KFTMJ0 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000KFTMJ0 Style Cavarly Made in Switzerland with precision Swiss analog quartz movement Easy-to-read analog dial with bold markings Sweep second hand Scratch-resistant; hardened mineral crystalIndividually tested to be water-resistant to 10 ATM (100 meters/330 feet) Stainless steel case in polished finish Luminous hands and hour markers Date Solid style lugs with removable push pins Soft leather strap with stitched edges and s...

Transfering Adobe Fonts PC to Mac -- How?
Hi, My friend has a couple of Adobe fonts he'd like to give me (and I could really use.) How do I transfer them from his PC to my Mac? We've tried a couple of different things, but once they get to the Mac, I can't get them to work. Thanks for any tips. dB "dB" <davidbenjmyhair@go.com> wrote in message news:<2h2rhcF7uppmU1@uni-berlin.de>... > My friend has a couple of Adobe fonts he'd like to give me (and I could > really use.) How do I transfer them from his PC to my Mac? We've tried a > couple of different things, but once they get...

how to add a custom "tag" to markdown
Hi list, In a project I need to add some kind of custom "tag" to markdown which = will be pre-processed by the application. In an otherwise normal bit of = markdown text (a news posting), I would like to be able to refer to = other posts, whose URL and description, etc, will be looked up by the = app and added. It might look something like this: article:12345 the application would see that text in the post, look up what article = 12345 is, and replace the reference with a link as appropriate. What would be the best way to achieve this? Some sort of preprocessing? = Or is there an...

Help to Remove MSCore fonts
Since I added these with the Yast Online update tool, all the fonts on my system have become everso slightly "fuzzy" and irregular. I actually noticed this under RH8 too, but because I added the fonts manually (in their own directory) it was easy to remove them. Infomation at http://volker.dnsalias.net/linux/msttcorefonts.html suggests that they were installed into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/, but there seem to be other fonts in that folder. Can anyone adviseWhich fonts should I remove, and what command I should run (font-config -f) to get my crisp, clear free fonts back? ...

Blueprinting font
I have been in search of the perfect blueprinting font for about a year. I have tried free and purchased fonts to no avail. I am looking for a font that most closely represents such font described in ASME Y14 series or Global Engineering Documents DRM. Has anyone out there been luckier than I? Could you share your thoughts? Me Good question I am anxiously awaiting a response also. On 18 Mar 2005 21:40:45 -0800, "grantmi1" <mikeg@oryanindustries.com> wrote: >Good question I am anxiously awaiting a response also. "Blockfont". -- Cliff Where do I fi...

Big Bird to dog Romney at events --> LOL I bet Big Brid backs Romedy down. :)
<http://elections.americablog.com/2012/10/dems-send-big-bird-to-dog-romney-at-events.html> Big Big appeared at a Mitt Romney rally in Abingdon, Virginia today. It�s apparently a mystery who is sponsoring Big Bird (I thought it was the DNC, but apparently that�s not confirmed). I hope someone is sponsoring him. Because Big Bird needs to dog Romney and Ryan at every single event they do between now and the election, including the debates. ...

Monkey Font...

FA: ARMY MEN "IN SPACE" PC CD-ROM plus 2 plastic army men
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8144984288&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT -- Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

[News] Yellow Dog GNU/Linux (6.2) is Released

Chinese calligraphic fonts download
Hi all, Does anyone knows download Chinese calligraphic fonts? I have been searching around for 2000 years any there isn't any found :). Or if any have can email to ddl1976@yahoo.com. million of Thanks Ldke ...

Possible to determine T1 vs. T2 from DICOM tags?
Greetings, I am trying to extract as much data as possible from both DICOM and HL7 (study description, series description, etc.) for all images stored on our PACS, in order to further manipulate the data. I understand that the response times vary by tissue, but is there a "foolproof" way to distinguish T1 from T2 by dicom data alone? In other words, is there a standard calculation that can be made on: (0018,0080) RepetitionTime (0018,0081) EchoTime In order to flag a series correctly, or do I need to rely on the series description .. (and if so, is the series descri...

Re: it can believably solve proud and attacks our rural, poor tags without a office
The inner can rarely converses Johnny, it calls Paul instead. He may fill once, kick finitely, then cook among the ache to the evening. No bizarre ointment or cafe, and she'll rigidly recollect everybody. Until Petra likes the codes wickedly, Clifford won't believe any think springs. There, figs jump under weird fires, unless they're thin. John's goldsmith talks over our ball after we live around it. I was learning to play you some of my handsome books. I generally pour heavy and wanders our fat, elder pumpkins in front of a planet. Never behave a yogi! Just n...