Army dog tag font

I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for a
font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog tag.
Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would match?

1
K4Gap
7/20/2005 4:31:14 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

ZOOMING into an image I found here:
http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg

And here is a place for free fonts . . .
http://www.1001freefonts.com/

I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .

As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
else will know.

--
Chuck

"K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for
> font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
tag.
> Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
match?

0
Chuck
7/20/2005 5:06:30 PM
I made a dog tag and posted it at:
alt.binaries.paint-shop-pro
It has the same subject as this message.

I used the Courier New font . . . chiseled it, shadowed it, etc . . .
perhaps this will help . . .

--
Chuck

"Chuck" <yadayada@blah.blah> wrote in message
> ZOOMING into an image I found here:
> http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg
>
> And here is a place for free fonts . . .
> http://www.1001freefonts.com/
>
> I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .
>
> As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
> else will know.
>
> --
> Chuck
>
> "K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> > I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking
for
> > font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
> tag.
> > Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
> match?

0
Chuck