Army dog tag font

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for a
font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog tag.
Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would match?

0
Reply K4Gap 7/20/2005 4:31:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

ZOOMING into an image I found here:
http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg

And here is a place for free fonts . . .
http://www.1001freefonts.com/

I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .

As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
else will know.

--
Chuck

"K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking for
> font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
tag.
> Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
match?

0
Reply Chuck 7/20/2005 5:06:30 PM

I made a dog tag and posted it at:
alt.binaries.paint-shop-pro
It has the same subject as this message.

I used the Courier New font . . . chiseled it, shadowed it, etc . . .
perhaps this will help . . .

--
Chuck

"Chuck" <yadayada@blah.blah> wrote in message
> ZOOMING into an image I found here:
> http://www.wvculture.org/agency/images/tag1300.jpg
>
> And here is a place for free fonts . . .
> http://www.1001freefonts.com/
>
> I'd compare the two until I found a match . . .
>
> As a hint, it almost looks like a kind of courier font - perhaps someone
> else will know.
>
> --
> Chuck
>
> "K4Gap" <k4gap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h_uDe.15$U%6.3@fe05.lga...
> > I am doing some graphics for a gaming clan I belong to and am looking
for
> > font that will match the type that appears on a real military type dog
> tag.
> > Anyone have any experience with these? or maybe know what font would
> match?

0
Reply Chuck 7/20/2005 5:38:27 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 30 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Read True Type Font (ttf) Tags (font name...)
I try to acces to the font name of my ttf fonts using a php script with the file name. I've found a script reading idv tags from mp3 files, but it's too specific. Can anyone say me how to read a ttf file in php ? Thanks, and sorry for my english. beb - BWT ...

Some dogs can skateboard. This dog can skateboard. => This dog is some dog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIViuOQBk3c&a=23 J.A. Legris wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIViuOQBk3c&a=23 Cool! Wolf K <El_Lobo_Viejo@Ruddy.Moss.com> wrote: > J.A. Legris wrote: > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIViuOQBk3c&a=23 > > Cool! I think I've seen videos of the same dog in the past. But I don't remember seeing him getting on and off the board and pushing it like he did there. I thought the dog had just learned to stay on the board. That dog really seems to enjoy it! But now I've got one more trick to test the skills o...

reservoir dogs font
Hey, Can anyone tell me what the font used for Reservoir Dogs is? i.e. this one: http://tinyurl.com/2kyxu . And where can I download it - for free, preferably? It seems very similar to Helvitica, but the hook on the 'r' is longer - whatever the technical name for that is! tia, sjc. ...

replacing tags between tags

Custom tags
Bear with me because I am new at this. Is there a way for thebeginning <layout:apppage> tag to know what all of its child tags arebefore the child tags are invoked? The leftnav and rightnav tags areoptional and I need to output HTML differently in the beginningapppage tag based on what is present.<layout:apppage> <layout:leftnav> <!-- code here --> </layout:leftnav> <layout:rightnav> <!-- code here --> </layout:rightnav> <!-- my app code --></layout:apppage>Also, both leftnav and rightnav have child tags of their own, I amhaving ...

To vlan tag or not to tag?
We currently are in a decentralized environment where each Division has there own switch in the IDF to support the specific departments on the floor. However I am proposing to move toward a centralized implementations using VLAN tagging to enable the specific VLANs that are needed on each floor. This enables me to activate whatever vlan I need in that IDF without the need to implement new networking switch, hence cost savings. Questions I have is if anyone knows the drawbacks of implementing VLAN tagging? It may be harder to troubleshoot, etc.. but I am curious to find out from the groups ...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

Invoking tags from other tags
Hi. I would like to know how to invoke a tag handler from another custom one. For example, if I have: <myTags:oneTag> bodyContent </myTags:oneTag> I would like to put some code on oneTag class to make the previous code behave as if it were: <myTags:oneTag> <otherTags:anotherTag> bodyContent </otherTags:anotherTag> </myTags:oneTag> I have to enclose the contents of my layout JSPs within some pretty complicated cache tags (its attributes are dynamic and pretty lengthy), and I would like to make a custom tag to encapsulate the (ugly) cac...

help with includes / font tag
Hi, I was wondering how I would be able to strip the <font> tags from a file when I include it so it can take on the characteristics of my own stylesheet instead of the font tag attributes. Thanks in advance! John On 2004-01-23, John <gt2243a@mail.gatech.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering how I would be able to strip the <font> tags from a file > when I include it so it can take on the characteristics of my own stylesheet > instead of the font tag attributes. So you want to _replace_ the string "<font>" by the string "" ? ht...

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

Font discrepancy between tag and CSS
I've got a document that StarOffice converted into HTML, and I'm trying to clean up the cuft that it generated. I put together some basic styles, and tied using them: the results are puzzling. The style definition is: <STYLE> <!-- @page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin: 0.79in } div.res dl dt { font-weight: bold; line-height: 3; text-decoration: underline; } div.res dl dd { font-size: medium; } div.res ul li { font: "Courier, ...

how do u invoke Tag b's Tag Handler from within Tag a's tag Handler?
i want to have a custom tag to render tabs onto the screen. this tag will have custom tags nested inside it which are the tabs that have to be rendered and the tab content for each tab. like: <myTab:Tabs> <myTab: Tab title="Tab1"> <jsp:include "Tab1_Content.jsp/> </myTab: Tab> <myTab: Tab title="Tab2"> <jsp:include "Tab2_Content.jsp/> </myTab: Tab> <myTab: Tab title="Tab3"> ...

tag font size in html mode
I use the Clean font at font size 12 in xemacs. Whenever I edit html files, the html-mode changes the font size of tags to a larger font than normal text between tags. I would like the tags to be in the same size font as everything else. I have tried changing the "Bold" face, "Html Helper Bold Face", among many other faces, but I can not get the font size of tags to change. Interestingly enough, when I change either one of those faces ("Bold" and "Html Helper Bold Face") through Options -> Edit Faces, the sample text next to them is always...

Font Book in Yosemite is back to being a dog
Still working out the kinks... Font Book was nearly unusable (for me) in Mountain Lion. It would routinely take minutes to start up. In Mavericks, that time was greatly improved... and it was back to opening in a few seconds. Well... in Yosemite, it's back to a few minutes. I have 665 fonts in my folder... but only a dozen, or so are enabled. I'm going to have to go back and startup with my beta version of Yosemite and see if the problem persists... or if it's new to the release version of Yosemite. -- Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. -...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

wxHtmlWindow and <font> HTML tag
Does the wxHtmlWindow recognise the <font> tag to change the font and the color of the text? Thanks Gabriel _________________________________________________________________ MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.ca/ --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org --Boundary-02=_jiLwAGNZjB/PvWe Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Can you set CSS to override font tags?
We have a content management system which allows our users to enter html into pages on the site but they often just paste in from Word and fill the site with word and html tags. Our content management system will attempt to clean the code but leaves some tags like the font tag untouched. Ideally the management system would allow us to filter all tags we don't want out. But is there anything in CSS which may also help to override font tags and other html tags users inadvertently add to the site? Thanks Nathan On 16 Aug 2004 22:26:51 -0700, frnkln_nthn@yahoo.co.uk (Nathan) w...

<pre> tag font and size

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

Vim, tag list, jumping to first tag, bypass tag list
I've been using vim for many years, and I've noticed that after upgrading my Linux box, that vim handles tags differently all of a sudden. When I do a <C-]>, and there are multiple matches, it show a list of tags, instead of jumping to the first one. I don't like this. I'd like it to jump to the first tag, regardless of whether or not there is one match or many matches. It throws off my flow, having to deal with a menu. Can I set something in .vimrc to change this behavior, or do I have to hack the C code ? All this open source stuff is great, but pe...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

[9fans] acme, fixed font at the startup, Edit in the tag
------=_Part_11362_18014613.1223024971199 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello everybody, two small questions: 1) Is there a simple way how to achive that acme use fixed font by default (but still is able to switch to a variable size when clicking Font) for any open window? Is e.g. fn acme { builtin acme -f sthFixed -F sthVar } a good solution? 2) ... a way to always have Edit in the tag line (without recompiling)? Thanks Ruda ------=_Part_11362_18014613.1223024971199 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 ...