Convert Pantone colours to RGB equivalent

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have four pantone colours (from a flag) that I want to know the RGB
equivalents. Can anyone assist in how I would know the values in RGB for
use with PSP?
Thanks
PS - Flag is the South African 6 colour one.
Chilli Red - Pantone 179C
Green - Pantone 3415c
Yellow - Pantone 1235c
Blue - Pantone Reflex Blue c

0
Reply news 10/3/2004 2:20:02 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 03:20:02 +0100, "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> wrote:

>I have four pantone colours (from a flag) that I want to know the RGB
>equivalents. Can anyone assist in how I would know the values in RGB for
>use with PSP?
>Thanks
>PS - Flag is the South African 6 colour one.
>Chilli Red - Pantone 179C
>Green - Pantone 3415c
>Yellow - Pantone 1235c
>Blue - Pantone Reflex Blue c

Try this site:
http://www.seoconsultants.com/css/colors/conversion/200.asp

0
Reply Cliff 10/3/2004 2:35:38 AM

In message <p0pul0tqklcos8a2t03vp7inh7ge7e5koj@4ax.com>, Cliff
<cje20@hotmail.com> writes
>>I have four pantone colours (from a flag) that I want to know the RGB
>>equivalents. Can anyone assist in how I would know the values in RGB for
>>use with PSP?
179             #E23D28
3415            #007C59
1235            #FCB514
Reflex Blue     #0C1C8C
--
Chris Hughes

http://www.epicure.demon.co.uk
0
Reply Chris 10/3/2004 7:24:34 AM

Thanks everyone - just what I needed.
I was searching for a Pantone to RGB converter or a CMYK to RGB
converter but that colour page
(http://www.seoconsultants.com/css/colors/conversion/100.asp) did the
trick.

0
Reply news 10/3/2004 11:34:13 AM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 30 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Pantone equivalents to RGB or CYMK?
Is there a means to get a Pantone code for a given RGB or CYMK? -- -- r.p.e.35mm user resource: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm -- r.p.d.slr-systems: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm -- [SI] gallery & rulz: http://www.pbase.com/shootin -- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch. In article <HAwhi.47965$qN.350523@weber.videotron.net>, Alan Browne <alan.browne@FreelunchVideotron.ca> wrote: > Is there a means to get a Pantone code for a given RGB or CYMK? Open the color picker. Type your RGB or CMYK values, then hit the button labeled &...

Convert RGB colours to HSL
I have found all sorts of code to convert from RGB to HSL, but seem to get different results. I need to get the same results as the colour picker, so when I feed in Red (255 or HFF0000) I want to get out Hue = 0, Saturation = 240 and Luninescence = 120. The example below gives Luminance = 112 This is a sample Public Type HSL Hue As Integer Saturation As Integer Luminance As Integer End Type Public Type RGB Red As Integer Green As Integer Blue As Integer End Type Public Function RGBToHSL(Colin As String) As HSL '?RGBtoHSL("FF0000").Luminance ...

Convert Windows System Cloours to RGB Colours
When designing a new form or report, the Default ForeColor is often something like -2147483640 which is the colour of Windows text (possibly black) and the default backColor is -2147483643 (possibly white) Can anyone tell me how to convert these colours to either RGB colours or the Long number used by Access. Black is 0 and White is 16777215 http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051878881033&CTT=8&Origin=EC011081751033 gives further information Thanks Phil For actual VB code to perform the conversion and a bit of an explanation on the various ways c...

convert colour to b&w using RGB channels as layers?
i've read about a few different ways of converting to b&w but none seem to be 100%. i would like the flexibility to maybe only have the sky in red, so what i was thinking is, decomposing an image to the individual RGB channels. that would allow me to apply a mask on a specific layer. the only "problem" i'm having is in regards to the opacity of the layers. let's assume i would like to mix my chanels G 60% R 30% B 10%. if i apply these figures to the opacity slider (to the layers after decomposing to RGB) the pictures remains "see thru". then i thought the op...

Convert from RGB (or HSI) to a defined colour like "RED" or "BLUE"...
Hi, I have a color in RGB and in HSI, but i want to "translate" it to HUMAN READABLE LANGUAGE. Is there any function in C/win-api32 for that purpose? Can I do that with any simple function? Thanks. JGG wrote: > Hi, > > I have a color in RGB and in HSI, but i want to "translate" it to > HUMAN READABLE LANGUAGE. What exactly do you mean? In what reasonable way can I distinguish between RGB(0, 0, 100) and RGB(0, 0, 101)? Without a direct, side-by-side comparison, it's impossible to even distinguish between the two, and describing the ...

How to convert RGB image to grayscale and convert it back to RGB again
Hi, I have question about converting image to grayscale and convert back to its original type.I am having hard time figuring out how to convert back the image that I've already converted to grayscale. Is there any build in function in mathlab that can do that ? for instance [X, cmap] = imread('Photo.jpg'); J = rgb2gray(X); after i did all my operations on grayscaled image now how can I convert it back? Can anyone please help me sajjad dadkhah Did you happen to look at the help for rgb2gray and notice the mention of ind2rgb at the bottom? That's the function you ...

Converting day colours to night colours.
I have an application that is used on a ship that sails both day and night. Because the bridge is dark at night the monitors are dimmed and all the 'day' colours are made a less bright. This to prevent the users from losing their eyesight at early age. Is there a formula for converting a bright colour to a less bright counterpart and back? The only restriction is that some contrast between seperate contrasting colours must remain. Thanks, Sytse. Sytse Reitsma <nospam@somewhere.qq> wrote: > Is there a formula for converting a bright colour to a less bright > counterpa...

CMYK colours looking like RGB colours
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with colour tranfer between RGB and CMYK. I've tranferred several very colourful digital images from RGB>CMYK, but when I view them in other applications (such as ACDSee and when I put them into HMTL files for a website), the colour seems to revert to RGB colours. Yet when I look at the same file in Phtoshop, the colours are the CMYK colours. I'm confused! Can anyone help? Thanks. Paul "Paul Dowsley" <pauldowsley@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9256fd28.0401192109.52d44067@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > I...

RGB Colours
I thought RGB colours are in the range 0 -> 255. If so how come Desklib's palette_entry has the RGB colours red, green and blue set to :- char (-128 -> 127) and not unsigned char( 0 -> 255) Am I missunderstanding something? How would you set up a RGB colour of (255,255,255) for example in a 16 colour mode? Regards Rob rob wrote: > I thought RGB colours are in the range 0 -> 255. That depends entirely on the implementation. They may be floating point values, 16 bit values or something else entirely. > > If so how come Desklib's palette_entry has the RGB co...

how to convert 8-bit RGB image into 4-bit RGB image
i had an image in which an image is stored. i want to reduce the color depth of image a=imread('xyz.png'); now how to convert it into 4bit RGB image thank you... On Apr 11, 9:20=A0am, "ujjwal kotdiya" <ujjwalkotd...@gmail.com> wrote: > i had an image in which an image is stored. > i want to reduce the color depth of image > > a=3Dimread('xyz.png'); > > now how to convert it into 4bit RGB image > =A0thank you... ------------------------------------------------------------------ Why not just divide it by 16? ImageAnalyst <i...

What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to =?UTF-8?B?SERNST8=?=
What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to HDMI? Composite looks blurry in hi-res mode (why?) -- I has a Apple IIGS uyjulian <uyjulian@gmail.com> wrote: > What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to HDMI? > Composite looks blurry in hi-res mode (why?) Composite color is limited by standards to about 3MHz bandwidth, so you won't get more than about 300 lines of horizontal resolution. That's usually fine for game graphics, but it does appear blurred when viewed close up. 80-column text is essentially unusable ...

What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to =?UTF-8?B?SERNST8=?=
What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to HDMI? Composite looks blurry in hi-res mode (why?) -- I has a Apple IIGS uyjulian <uyjulian@gmail.com> wrote: > What converter(s) do I need to convert the Apple IIGS RGB output to HDMI? > Composite looks blurry in hi-res mode (why?) Composite color is limited by standards to about 3MHz bandwidth, so you won't get more than about 300 lines of horizontal resolution. That's usually fine for game graphics, but it does appear blurred when viewed close up. 80-column text is essentially unusable ...

Most user friendly app to convert hi res 24 bit pictures to VIDC 1 256 colour low res modes and create best matching 256 colours.
Good evening. Target machines : pre RISC PC Acorn systems. (with VIDC1 chip) I'm in the process of 'borrowing' some sprites and images from the Net for my game project, for pre RISC PC Archimedes. As what you find today is sprites or images in 24 bit modes and high resolutions, I'd like to know which application you would advise me to use to - rescale them to low res (320x256) - convert them to the so called fixed 256 colour palette (VIDC1 AND -ideally I'd be happy to find the app which could scan a series of images/sprites and outputs the best matching 256 colour p...

how to convert RGB into CMYK?
Hi all, I'd like to convert RGB color into CMYK color but don't know how to calculate. In Adobe Photoshop RGB tif file can be converted into C, M, Y, and K component. I'm content with the result, but don't know what the calculation rule is. Many thanks for your help in advance! K.W.Wang wang wrote: > Hi all, > > I'd like to convert RGB color into CMYK color but don't know how to > calculate. In Adobe Photoshop RGB tif file can be converted into C, M, > Y, and K component. I'm content with the result, but don't know what > the calculation ...

RGB Pixel colour
I have a colur image and I am trying to retrieve all the black pixels in the image but i dont know how to go about it. I want to extract the black layer from the image by using the RGB model and the black value [0,0,0] and then write this black layer to a new image. can anyone offer some advice on how i can go about this please?? Mrssm wrote: > I have a colur image and I am trying to retrieve all the black pixels > in the image but i dont know how to go about it. > > I want to extract the black layer from the image by using the RGB > model and the black value [0,0,0] and the...

Convert RGB to Grayscale
Hello, I have next function: impixel(x,y,im(:,:,:,imIndex),xi,yi) It returns me 3 colors(r=g=b, because intensity image). Now I want to convert those colors into grayscale(for example 12 Bit(0 to 4048)). Have you an idea, how can I do this? Thank you very much. Margarita Margarita wrote: > > > Hello, > I have next function: impixel(x,y,im(:,:,:,imIndex),xi,yi) > > It returns me 3 colors(r=g=b, because intensity image). Now I want > to > convert those colors into grayscale(for example 12 Bit(0 to 4048)). > Have you an idea, how can I do this? > > Thank you v...

Convert Gray to RGB
Hi all, How can I convert a pgm grayscale image to an RGB image? Do you want to take 3 gray's and make an RGB? I dont think it is possible to make a single gray image into RGB. You could threshold out parts you want to be Red Green or Blue and then merge them but that is all I can think of. Sotiria Laina wrote: > > > Hi all, > How can I convert a pgm grayscale image to an RGB image? Mike Lamprecht wrote: > > > Do you want to take 3 gray's and make an RGB? I dont think it is > possible to make a single gray image into RGB. You could threshold > out parts yo...

RGB to VGA Converter
For those who may be interested, here's a site that sells an RGB to VGA converter. http://coco.clubltdstudios.com/articles/revjustusvga.html I have no interest in the company other than to want one for myself! Tom Lake "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote ... > For those who may be interested, here's a site that > sells an RGB to VGA converter. > > http://coco.clubltdstudios.com/articles/revjustusvga.html > > I have no interest in the company other than to want one for myself! Will the CoCo nuts sell you one if they find out you want to use it...

Convert HEX to RGB
How i can convert hex to rgb? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 09:23:04AM +0900, Bruno Malvestuto wrote: > How i can convert hex to rgb? Hex is RGB. #ff0000 = r:255 g:0 b:0 I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. -- CCD CopyWrite Chad Perrin [ http://ccd.apotheon.org ] "A script is what you give the actors. A program is what you give the audience." - Larry Wall On Thu, Aug 10, 2006, Bruno Malvestuto wrote: > How i can convert hex to rgb? Do you mean a hex color code like #ffccff to RGB values like: R: 255 G: 204 B: 255 ...

convert all colours in 100K?
Is there a way (possibly without using Acrobat or Pitstop) to convert a color PDF (RGB, CMYK, PMS) into an all-black document? A little premise: I'm working with former Gerber(RS274-X) files, approximately converted to PDF. Unfortunately i cannot view some paths, due to very light tints applied. Printing it into greyscale won't improve much, 'cause light colours will be printed as (very)light grey, so it won't help. The ideal thing would be something which maps all colour channels to CMYK Black. Or, if you prefer, into greyscale's luminance. TIA for any help :) -- il...

converting RGB to intensity
Hi I would like to convert a RGB to intensity. I know from the matlab documentation there is this link <http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/vipblks/f6185.html> that suggest this tutorial. But I noticed it uses simulink. Is there other way where simulink wont be required? Thank you very much. grazie Why not write the conversion algorithm yourself? With some quick googling... http://www.ilkeratalay.com/colorspacesfaq.php#yuv grazieee wrote: > > > Hi > > I would like to convert a RGB to intensity. I know from the matlab > documentation there is thi...

how to convert yuy2 to rgb?
hello everyone... i've been using a webcam to get the frames from my video.. unfortunately the adaptor takes only the yuy2 format only... but the cam can support rgb too... i'm in need of a function that converts yuy2 to rgb images... kindly post your replies... also, i'm in need of the information about YUY2 format... thanks in advance... "deepak " <deepakj20@gmail.com> wrote in message <hbh0ar$rs4$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > hello everyone... i've been using a webcam to get the frames from my video.. unfortunately the adaptor takes only the yuy2 forma...

RGB to PAL converter
Someone has just sent me a picture of an RGB to PAL converter for the Oric. It has the Oric logo and looks like you feed the Oric power into it and then use a lead from it into the Oric. I've not seen one before. Has anyone else ? Steve M in article 4252ebc3$0$42322$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Steve Marshall at sdm@atmosBlockA.plus.com wrote on 5/4/05 20:51: > Someone has just sent me a picture of an RGB to PAL converter for the Oric. > It has the Oric logo and looks like you feed the Oric power into it and then > use a lead from it into the Oric. >...