Cropping a Picture into a Circle

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.

Cheers

0
skint4sure (25)
6/22/2004 9:06:12 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 30 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

Make a circular/elliptical selection, invert the selection and hit the
delete key. Feather to get a faded background, if you like.

Kiri

"Skint4sure" <skint4sure@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
> I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits
round the
> edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
> I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
> Cheers

0
Kiri
6/22/2004 9:17:09 PM
On 22 Jun 2004 21:06:12 GMT, skint4sure@aol.com (Skint4sure) wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
>I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
>edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
>I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
>Cheers

Well you can't crop a picture into a circle, all pictures are
rectangular. What one can do is to make it appear circular.

Load the image:
Activate the Selection Tool (S) : On the Tools Option Palette (F4) set
Selection Type to Circle, Mode to Replace, Feather 0, tick Anti-alias.
Move the cursor to where you want the centre of the circle to be, left
click and drag out the circle.
 {If you want to move the circle selection, activate the Move Tool
(M), right click within the selection and drag}

Selection menu: Invert (Ctrl+Shft+I) : Delete : Selections None
(Ctrl+D)

You should now have a circular image with a background colour the same
as the Background Swatch in the Materials Palette (F6) so you might
want to change this before you delete.
If you want the background transparent, Layers: Promote Background
Layer after loading the image.

If you wish for the image to fade into the background/transparency
then having made the circle selection: Selections: Modify: Feather (or
Inside/Outside Feather) Choose Number of Pixels to suit the size of
image and selection: OK, the carry on with invert etc.

Regards
D.G.

Help fixing a picture
I had a friend who went to Mexico for vacation. They forgot their digital camera and bought a "disposable" digital camera. I've attempted in vane to make the picture good. I have no clue what is wrong with it. I've uploaded a small version of it here: http://www.geocities.com/lawentzel/small.jpg The picture looks like it has too much cyan. But reducing that, doesn't resolve the picture problem. I've even tried to convert it to a black and white in hopes that it would look reasonable. Doesn't come close. This picture is complete mess up. Any help or sugge...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how?
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. "skint" <skint4sure@aol.com> wrote in message news:1133020002.586450.205160@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > > I print out directly o...

how crop a box?
Hello All, I've done a search of comp.text.tex anad ctan, but I can't find what I need. I know that: 1) There is a macro that can resize what is inside \resizebox{\columnwidth}{!}{...} 2) There is macro that can make a box of a size you specify \makebox[\columnwidth][l]{...} 3) There is a macro that can do the same as (2) but with a frame around it \framebox[\columnwidth][l]{...} Is there a macro to crop? That is, if I have a box, is there a macro that I could apply to the box that would give me a piece of the box? Thanks for any tips! On Dec 11, 3:11=A0pm, Aikido...

Re: Cropping a surface to a sphere (fun Manipulate example)
HellO Szabolcs, I liked your surface so much, I thought I might share this fun Manipulate: sphere[ls_] := Function[{x, y, z}, x^2 + y^2 + z^2 < ls^2] Manipulate[ ContourPlot3D[-x^4*y^2 + x^2*y^4 + x^4*z^2 - y^4*z^2 - x^2*z^4 + y^2*z^4 == ls, {x, -3, 3}, {y, -3, 3}, {z, -3, 3}, RegionFunction -> sphere[3]], {{ls, 0}, 0, 1/2}] On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM, W_Craig Carter <ccarter@mit.edu> wrote: > Hell Szabolcs, > In 6, there is the option: RegionFunction -> (#1^2 + #2^2 + #3^2 < 9 &) > Your surface is very pleasing. If not 6, this woul...

Need help after cropping the face what is the next move to crop the eye region?
Need help after cropping the face what is the next move to crop the eye region? any method can do it? i tried some algo not working maybe i missed something.. ty for help =) this is the input image <http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/myjonas13/46_zps2e1b0ca2.jpg> this is the result i used to crop the region of the face <http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/myjonas13/resultss_zpsf429db89.jpg> now this is the code I used.. %%%%% Reading of a RGB image wa = imread('46.jpg'); G = wa; I=rgb2gray(G); BW=im2bw(I); % minimisation of background portion [n1 ...

EpsonScan and cropping
I have some trouble with my new Epson GT-X700 when I want to scan medium- or large-format film. The EpsonScan software, which came with the scanner automatically crops them to small 24x36mm frames and I find no way how to change this behaviour. Nonetheless, I'm not sure whether this a bug in the new EpsonScan or whether I'm overlooking something. Can somebody of the Epson 3200 users comment on how they can switch off that automatic cropping? Andreas For the 3200 at least, go into professional mode, and then click the little arrow next to the preview button. Select normal. ...

Creating pdf of page-size pictures
Hello, I'm a newbie to LaTex. I recently found some old music pieces, which I wanted to create pdf-files of. I scanned them (.jpg), converted them (using 'convert') to .eps. I would like to combine the separate pictures into one pdf-file, because I didn't find a way to create multi-page jpg-files. But how do I insert graphics the size of a (custom-size) page, without getting 'overfull \hbox', 'Too many unprocessed floats' or pages that aren't complete? Here's what I've come up with so far: \begin{document} \pagestyle{empty} \special{papersize=8.5i...

Retro Info 2011 - retro computing exhibition
Hello! Here are some pictures from last week Retro Info 2011 retro computing exibition, Zagreb, Croatia. The IBM PS2 System 60 which I was repairing with help from this newsgroup is also displayed open and was functional all four days... People were shocked by PS2 inside, especially with size of hard disk. One kid asked me "wow, why is that big heatsink inside?!" Well, it's a hard disk actually ;-) Exibition was ultra successful, we had few thousand visitors each day, especially friday and saturday. There are lot of interesting retro exhibits including Appl...

Combobox picture clause VO2.6
In VO2.6 , when typing a new value (not picking an existing item from the list) into a drop down style combobox the picture clause from the attached server fieldspec is ignored. For example, fieldspec has a picture clause which should convert typed text to Upper case, but lower case typing remains as lower case. Picture clause works fine if item is selected from the list but doesn't work if new value typed. I have some workarounds for specific situations but am looking for a more generic solution that can be used for all comboboxes (perhaps subclassing or modifying the na...

imcrop in loop for video cropping
Hi All, Please help me in using imcrop for video cropping when I put them in loop . it says obj = VideoReader('UAV_fly.m4v'); video = read(obj,[1 144]); for i = 1 : 144 I(:,:,:,i) = imcrop(video(:,:,:,i)); % imshow(I(:,:,:,i)); % drawnow; end vidObj = VideoWriter('crp.mp4','MPEG-4' ); open(vidObj); writeVideo(vidObj, I); close(vidObj); Subscripted assignment dimension mismatch. Error in tcrop (line 15) I(:,:,:,i) = imcrop(video(:,:,:,i),rec); ...

bounding box (dvips) and crop-marks (crop.sty) position
Hello, working on a clients text I noticed that after converting the dvi-file to ps the bounding box has the same size as the page denoted by the crop marks (which sit where I would expect them), but starts in the lower left corner. Conceivably, that sort of inconsistency could cause problems in a print shop. Is there a way to make both agree? This is a minimal limbo: \NeedsTeXFormat{LaTeX2e} \documentclass[11pt,dvips]{scrbook} \setlength{\paperwidth}{170mm} \setlength{\paperheight}{240mm} \typearea{1} \usepackage[a4,center,cam,info]{crop} \usepackage{german} \usepackage[latin1]{input...

Is this a faked picture?
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/82/57/56/0007825756904_500X500.jpg Out of interest, is this image faked? The shadows on the roof of the house dont seem to correspond to those being case by parts of the pool, like the ladder and people in the pool. Col And why isn't the tree casting a shadow on the pool? "Colin Steadman" <google@colinsteadman.com> wrote in message news:4062dca4.0405271505.3d57ffa6@posting.google.com... > http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/82/57/56/0007825756904_500X500.jpg > > Out of interest, is this image faked? The shadows on the roof of the >...

Often Encounteres Problem: Easy way to crop ALL fields in a struct?
When doing simulation I often end uf with a data structures along the line of: MyData: Value1: Value: 1x10000 Time: 1x10000 Value2: Value: 1x10000 Time: 1x10000 .. .. .. ValueN: Value: 1x10000 Time: 1x10000 What I often need to do is extract the same time window out of all values, i.e. from vectors only indizes 1000:2000. Is there a quick solution to this for large N (10-100)? "Jonas Baumann" <baumann.jonas@gmail.com> wrote in message &...

flowfram thumbtabs and crop package
Hi, When using the crop package, how can I make the thumbtabs in flowfram bleed past the crop boundary of the page? Thanks, Jason ...

Picture Frame Only in Older Version?
Years ago I used a picture frame in PSP (don't remember exactly which version, but probably 8 or 9) to make the image at: http://www.patrickcate.com/idisk/mainImage.jpg I now have PSP X, but haven't been able to find the exact picture frame I used before. Am I missing something? Does anyone know where I can get this exact picture frame (maybe from a user with a prior PSP version.) I appreciate any help. <patrickcate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164231350.431656.204910@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Years ago I used a picture frame in PSP (don't remember exact...

Crop to Selection?
Sorry - me again. I know you can crop to a marquee selection, and also to a lasso selection. But when I do this, I still end up with the bits in the resultant (rectangular) image that I'd been trying to crop out. If you can't get rid of unwanted pixels with the crop to selection method, what is the point of having it? You may as well just use the crop tool, right? Can anyone tell me otherwise? Thanks in advance, Jo >From: Mrs Beeble Brock mrsbeeblebrock@extra.com.nz >Sorry - me again. I know you can crop to a marquee selection, and also >to a lasso selection. But wh...

animte picture using matlab
hello making a project on maglev train want to make train simultion using matlab plz mail if anyone can combine various pictures together in matlab plz do send ur mail id also. thank you Hi, help getframe help avifile J�r�me. ...

Re: OT: pictures #2
Quoting Wirt Atmar <WirtAtmar@AOL.COM>: > Donna Hofmeister writes: > > > take a look: http://invent3k.external.hp.com/~MGR.GARVERIC/ > > There's never been a more beautiful bride. Clearly James has made a new woman > of you. Your lower-case days are over. > > Wirt Atmar Upper crust yes, upper case, probably not. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Pictures in Reports
I have a report which has a jpeg picture yet when I email it it does not appear on the report. Any ideas? It prints OK - TIA Chesne wrote: > I have a report which has a jpeg picture yet when I email it it does > not appear on the report. Any ideas? It prints OK - TIA What attachment type did you select? Most only give a limited version (usually the text, no sub reports) of the report. If you want the email to contain the exact report export the attachment as a Snapshot. Br@dley ...

Pictures
Two questions. (1) When someone sends me a message in HTML format that contains a picture, the pic doesn't always show up on the screen. Other HTML text formatting does appear, and I do get some pictures. In "raw view" I can see the base64 code for the pic. Anyone know what might be wrong? (2) If I do receive a pic in an HTML message, it seems that it must be decoded and stored somewhere before it's displayed. Where is that? In some cases I'd like to retrieve the pic and save it. Regards, Kent Feiler www.KentFeiler.com Kent Feiler <zzzz@zzzz.co...

crop
Image: http://salmaworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/beautiful-face-wallpapers_11213_1280x1024.jpg By using threshold, colour segmentation i already can get the target of the eyes with square box! So how am i gonna crop the eyes? On Nov 24, 12:01=A0pm, "boy boy" <wilson_sil...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Image:http://salmaworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/beautiful-face-wallpa= pe... > > By using threshold, colour segmentation i already can get the target of t= he eyes with square box! > So how am i gonna crop the eyes? ---------------------------------------...

Uploading photos to a no-name digital picture frame
I bought a couple of digital clock/photo frames off Zazz [1] last year. It turns out they don't appear as volumes automatically when plugging them into a Mac via USB. They do register in System Profiler as "PhotoFrame v2.0". In the box was some custom Windows software. I'd really prefer to not have to use this. Any suggestions about how to get access to the photos stored on this device? I'm not afraid of some hacking, if necessary. [1] http://tinyurl.com/2t3jsz -- *--------------------------------------------------------* | ^Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently ta...

Crop large image question
I run into this problem often and never really knew how to deal with it so I would like to ask the question. If I have a large image and I need to crop it to a fixed size, but some of the image will be omitted if I did so, how can I do this?? How can I get the whole image from border to border on a crop? I need to somehow shrink the image first! "kelly" <no@itude.com> wrote in message news:cvPGg.8711$cQ.1503@trndny07... >I run into this problem often and never really knew how to deal with it so >I would like to ask the question. > If I have a large image and ...

Picture book for the luddites here
1680x1050 sharpest image possible __________________________ | | | | | | | | | | ___________________________ centered timings of 1024x768 and still sharpest image possible but very small image area _______ | | | | | | ________ maintain aspect ratio 1024x768 using interpolation resulting in blurred pixels, this is what most of you luddites use for 1024x768 wargames on your widescreen monitors. ____________ | | | | | | | | _____________ ...

Need help with a "picture"
I need help with a paradox "picture". I need to allow nuser to type in names that start with "Mc" (like McDonald) with (big)M(little)c(and the nest letter capitolized)... and for regular names cap the first letter of each word. Please reply to tim(AT)tgm.org. -- Thanx in advance! Tim, People reply in the groups, not to mail addresses. That is how newsgroups work. Not sure why you would want to force cap after Mc since not every mc is going to need to have a cap after it. I'd just ask data entry staff to use the shift key for those. Capping the firs...