Cropping a Picture into a Circle

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.

Cheers

0
Reply skint4sure (25) 6/22/2004 9:06:12 PM

See related articles to this posting

Make a circular/elliptical selection, invert the selection and hit the
delete key. Feather to get a faded background, if you like.

Kiri

"Skint4sure" <skint4sure@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
> I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits
round the
> edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
> I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
> Cheers

0
Reply Kiri 6/22/2004 9:17:09 PM

On 22 Jun 2004 21:06:12 GMT, skint4sure@aol.com (Skint4sure) wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
>I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
>edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
>I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
>Cheers

Well you can't crop a picture into a circle, all pictures are
rectangular. What one can do is to make it appear circular.

Load the image:
Activate the Selection Tool (S) : On the Tools Option Palette (F4) set
Selection Type to Circle, Mode to Replace, Feather 0, tick Anti-alias.
Move the cursor to where you want the centre of the circle to be, left
click and drag out the circle.
 {If you want to move the circle selection, activate the Move Tool
(M), right click within the selection and drag}

Selection menu: Invert (Ctrl+Shft+I) : Delete : Selections None
(Ctrl+D)

You should now have a circular image with a background colour the same
as the Background Swatch in the Materials Palette (F6) so you might
want to change this before you delete.
If you want the background transparent, Layers: Promote Background
Layer after loading the image.

If you wish for the image to fade into the background/transparency
then having made the circle selection: Selections: Modify: Feather (or
Inside/Outside Feather) Choose Number of Pixels to suit the size of
image and selection: OK, the carry on with invert etc.

Regards
D.G.
0
Reply D 6/22/2004 10:10:39 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 30 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Crop a Picture to a circle, how?
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. "skint" <skint4sure@aol.com> wrote in message news:1133020002.586450.205160@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > > I print out directly o...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how?
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. "skint" <skint4sure@aol.com> wrote in message news:1133020002.586450.205160@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > > I print out directly o...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #3
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #5
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #8
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #6
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #2
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #9
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. in article 1133020829.945654.285640@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, skint at skint4sure@aol.com wrote on 11/26/2005 9:30 AM: > Hi everybody, > > I print out directly on...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #4
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how? #7
[...]

Cropping a picture
Hi, I have PSP8. If I take a digital picture and use PSP8 to crop the edge of bits of furniture etc, the resulting picture looks fine on the screen but when I have it printed the pixels are sometime quite noticable. I think this is due to the picture being zoomed in to make it the size of the photo paper (eg 6"X4"). What I want to know is, is there a way once I have cropped the picture, to make it the correct size once again without losing any of its definition? Hope this makes sense. Rodders "Rodders" <rodders22xxx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:v3...

Cropping a Circle
Hi there, Does anyone know if there's a way for MATLAB to crop a circle of specific dimensions, i.e. radius, center xy-coordinates, etc., rather than a rectangle? If not, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction atleast? Regards, Effie "Effie Pereira" <2ep6@queensu.ca> wrote in message <gko4tj$mt0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi there, > > Does anyone know if there's a way for MATLAB to crop a circle of specific dimensions, i.e. radius, center xy-coordinates, etc., rather than a rectangle? If not, would anyone be able to point me in the...

Cropping a picture
Hi, I have PSP8. If I take a digital picture and use PSP8 to crop the edge of bits of furniture etc, the resulting picture looks fine on the screen but when I have it printed the pixels are sometime quite noticable. I think this is due to the picture being zoomed in to make it the size of the photo paper (eg 6"X4"). What I want to know is, is there a way once I have cropped the picture, to make it the correct size once again without losing any of its definition? Hope this makes sense. Rodders "Rodders" <rodders22xxx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:v3...

Crop circles
My goodness, there's even a society of crop circle makers! See: http://www.circlemakers.org/guide.html Must have been founded by an ET, who wanted his mysterious technology to be preserved. I bet theyt just _fake_ walking around in circles dragging wooden paddle and boards behind them. BTW, it's remarkably easy to fake stone tools and points, petroglyphs, and other "impossible to fake" archaeological artefacts. Matter of fact knapping a stone tool is one of the skills any serious archaeologist learns in first or second year of field work. My brother is pret...

crop circle design
http://cropcircleconnector.com/2003/northdown/northdown2003a.html JUILLET / http://cropcircleconnector.com/2003/july2003a.html JUIN : http://cropcircleconnector.com/2003/june2003.html 2003 : http://cropcircleconnector.com/2003/2003.html ELOHIM's CROP CIRCLES http://www.chez.com/cropcircles ...