Cropping a Picture into a Circle

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.

Cheers

0
skint4sure (25)
6/22/2004 9:06:12 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

Make a circular/elliptical selection, invert the selection and hit the
delete key. Feather to get a faded background, if you like.

Kiri

"Skint4sure" <skint4sure@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi all
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
> I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits
round the
> edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
> I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
> Cheers

0
Kiri
6/22/2004 9:17:09 PM
On 22 Jun 2004 21:06:12 GMT, skint4sure@aol.com (Skint4sure) wrote:

>Hi all
>
>Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
>I have no problem with cropping a picture to get rid of unwanted bits round the
>edge but am now wanting to do this to a circular picture.
>I'm sure its quite easy but its not in my psp manual.
>
>Cheers

Well you can't crop a picture into a circle, all pictures are
rectangular. What one can do is to make it appear circular.

Load the image:
Activate the Selection Tool (S) : On the Tools Option Palette (F4) set
Selection Type to Circle, Mode to Replace, Feather 0, tick Anti-alias.
Move the cursor to where you want the centre of the circle to be, left
click and drag out the circle.
 {If you want to move the circle selection, activate the Move Tool
(M), right click within the selection and drag}

Selection menu: Invert (Ctrl+Shft+I) : Delete : Selections None
(Ctrl+D)

You should now have a circular image with a background colour the same
as the Background Swatch in the Materials Palette (F6) so you might
want to change this before you delete.
If you want the background transparent, Layers: Promote Background
Layer after loading the image.

If you wish for the image to fade into the background/transparency
then having made the circle selection: Selections: Modify: Feather (or
Inside/Outside Feather) Choose Number of Pixels to suit the size of
image and selection: OK, the carry on with invert etc.

Regards
D.G.