Cropping to an Oval in PSP 9.0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?  I want the
finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

Pat

0
Reply pempson181 (11) 8/7/2005 7:48:31 PM

See related articles to this posting

PatETC wrote:

> Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?

Yes and no.

> I want the
> finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

All images are rectangular so you can't make an oval image. However
you can fake an oval image. You do this by making an oval selection
in the image with the Ellipse Selection Type in the Selection tool
or by drawing a vector ellipse and doing Selections > From Vector
Object. After this you do Selections > Invert, which selects all the
stuff outside the oval that you don't want. Now you can delete the
contents of the selection to transparency by pressing the Delete
key (after promoting the background layer) or use Flood Fill with a
Match Mode of None to set it to the background color of your poster.

> Pat
0
Reply Kris 8/7/2005 8:58:41 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6012 articles. 30 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

PSP 9.01 Not Fixed
The web message forum to Jasc won't send mine. 9.01 actually; Whenever I hit the color box, a window appears to deal with duplicate Textures, not just once, but on ever touch of the color box, in every image. 2 In AM brushes, some still start out with a 0 setting for head loading, which makes all painting, invisible, please fix. Have someone who knows and cares, contact me, as 33 meg of patch, wasn't enough. Greg fugitive ...

PSP 9.01 Not Fixed
The web message forum to Jasc won't send mine. 9.01 actually; Whenever I hit the color box, a window appears to deal with duplicate Textures, not just once, but on ever touch of the color box, in every image. 2 In AM brushes, some still start out with a 0 setting for head loading, which makes all painting, invisible, please fix. Have someone who knows and cares, contact me, as 33 meg of patch, wasn't enough. Greg fugitive ...

Upgrdae PSP 6.0 to 9.0?
I bought the PSP6.0 and still have the retail box for it. Is there a upgrade price from 6.0 to 9.0? TNX. On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:27:17 -0800, john@john.johyn wrote: >I bought the PSP6.0 and still have the retail box for it. Is there a >upgrade price from 6.0 to 9.0? > >TNX. Unless, Corel has changed it, it should be $49. john@john.johyn wrote: > I bought the PSP6.0 and still have the retail box for it. Is there a > upgrade price from 6.0 to 9.0? > > TNX. See http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/pspupgrade.asp? $55 for the download and $59 for the boxed ver...

Upgrade PSP 6.0 to 9.0?
I bought the PSP6.0 and still have the retail box for it. Is there a upgrade price from 6.0 to 9.0? TNX. <john@john.johyn> wrote in message news:s4nro09d9s53khbt0681up1lf4lp1cu5ru@4ax.com... > I bought the PSP6.0 and still have the retail box for it. Is there a > upgrade price from 6.0 to 9.0? > > TNX. > Here is the link to upgrade. Matt http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/pspupgrade.asp? ...

When do we get a patch for PSP 9.0.0?
On numerous occasions (mainly when calling the print layout manager), I get Hanging application Paint Shop Pro 9.exe, version 9.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. With Fault bucket 127956379 Any ideas what is a "fault bucket"? I get those on a Dell with 1GB of memory and Windows XP SP2 and on one HP with 1GB of memory and WinXP SP2. The Dell and HP are rather different systems, so I do not believe it has anything to do with my SW setup. Gregor GTO wrote: > > On numerous occasions (mainly when calling the print layout manager), I...

[...]

Units in PSP 9.0
This question comes after over 10 hours of newbie's struggle with PSP, including its online help and manual, and looking through the groups: I've created an image with a vector layer. Used the rectangle tool to draw a rectangle. Now I want to set the precise sizes of the rectangle's sides. Precise, because I need objects printed *very* accurately. And saved to tiff for printing using other applications. (Done that in the past on Macs). 1) Inspite of my setting the units to centimeters when creating the image, + in various parts of the preferences dialogs, its width and height on ...

PSP 9.0 and Tubes
I have a bunch of tubes with a "psp" extension. Can these be imported into PSP 9.0? The ones I had with a "tub" extension seemed to import ok. Is there a converter program for the "psp" tubes? Pat PatETC wrote: > I have a bunch of tubes with a "psp" extension. Can these be > imported into PSP 9.0? The ones I had with a "tub" extension > seemed to import ok. Is there a converter program for the "psp" > tubes? Yes. The address of the converter program and directions for using it are in the Corel knowledge base at ...

PSP 9 Crop Tool
To All: Another question in my transition from 7 to 9. In 7, I could hold down the shift key (a hidden feature) to maintain my aspect ratio in order to produce a proportional crop. In 9, there is a check box for this in the Tool Options Pallet, but so far, I am getting greater errors then in 7, where I could always be with 2 or 3 pixels of the proper ratio. Also, how do I get the cropping frame to stop at the edge of the image, and not disappear off the side of the image behind the window frame? I suspect that this will solve the problem in the first paragraph. Thanks again, Steve ...

[...]

Any improvements to the crop toolin PSP 9?
Like remembering the last crop/preset used, easier to activate corner handles, less blinking out and having to start over, and maybe a better way to see the crop lines? Yea a little.. it has the shading option now like PS.. but don't use it on a gif. Give it a test drive and see what you think -- Sonja aka Bonesy http://www.psptoybox.com Private Beta Tester7-8-9 ******************** Build 20040729.04 OS- XP AMD Ath. 2500= 1.9GH 524+RAM NVIDIA GeForce MX 440 w/AGP8 Res- 1152 x 864 "nixjunk" <torrex6@cs.comnixjunk> wrote in message news:20040805180726.26080.00001350@mb...

Crop multiple images in PSP 9
Hi, im exporting multiple of png-pictures from a 3D-CAD system. All these pictures have a big white background/ border. In PSP 9.01 I noticed that if the white background is chosen as transperant color, PSP, can then do crop to extents of the picture, so I can get rid of the big white border. My problem is to select the white background as transperant color trough a batch-script. I have to select "Set Palette Transparency" by picking the pixel- coordinate like 5,5 (x,y), where i'm sure to pick the white color. How can I do that in a script?? When recorded, the script-recor...

PSP 9.0 free trial
Can anyone tell me if I try this can it be a total seperate folder from my PSP 7.04. If I want to delete it has anyone had any problems with registry files from other version being corrupted. "GTT" <gthorley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:plh3l01gdnvulb5qhrg4bm9a5tlmnudp35@4ax.com... > Can anyone tell me if I try this can it be a total seperate folder > from my PSP 7.04. If I want to delete it has anyone had any problems > with registry files from other version being corrupted. No probs It goes in its own folder I still have 7 on here with 9 and even had 8 duri...

[...]

PSP 9.0 monitor profile selection
I'm trying to establish my monitor calibration in PSP 9.0. I've created a monitor profile (with Spyder2) and have set it as the default monitor profile in Windows (XP SP2) display properties. I can see this by right-clicking the Desktop->properties->Settings->Advanced. Looking at the Color Management tab shows my Spyder2 monitor profile is the default. Now, when I go into PSP and select File->Preferences->Color Management, I have Basic Color Management enabled. However, the Monitor Profile drop down list shows <None> for selection and I think I should have my ...

PSP 9.0 monitor profile selection
I'm trying to establish my monitor calibration in PSP 9.0. I've created a monitor profile (with Spyder2) and have set it as the default monitor profile in Windows (XP SP2) display properties. I can see this by right-clicking the Desktop->properties->Settings->Advanced. Looking at the Color Management tab shows my Spyder2 monitor profile is the default. Now, when I go into PSP and select File->Preferences->Color Management, I have Basic Color Management enabled. However, the Monitor Profile drop down list shows <None> for selection and I think I should have my ...

PSP 9.0 in Win 7 Pro 64 bit?
Hello all, Before I make a mess and try to install it, will PSP 9 run under Win7 ? I was thinking maybe I could use the compatibility mode to make it go. Has anyone done it? Thanks! On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:36:19 -0700 (PDT), Accomac <mirwatcher@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello all, > >Before I make a mess and try to install it, will PSP 9 run under Win7 ? > >I was thinking maybe I could use the compatibility mode to make it go. > >Has anyone done it? > >Thanks! 8.1 runs just fine. 9.0 was only a minor upgrade that I did not bother to g...