Cropping to an Oval in PSP 9.0

Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?  I want the
finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

Pat

0
pempson181 (11)
8/7/2005 7:48:31 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

PatETC wrote:

> Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?

Yes and no.

> I want the
> finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

All images are rectangular so you can't make an oval image. However
you can fake an oval image. You do this by making an oval selection
in the image with the Ellipse Selection Type in the Selection tool
or by drawing a vector ellipse and doing Selections > From Vector
Object. After this you do Selections > Invert, which selects all the
stuff outside the oval that you don't want. Now you can delete the
contents of the selection to transparency by pressing the Delete
key (after promoting the background layer) or use Flood Fill with a
Match Mode of None to set it to the background color of your poster.

> Pat
0
Kris

[ANN] G
G - 2D Graphics Library for Java Version 1.0, December 13, 2004: http://geosoft.no/graphics Features: * Object oriented hierarchical scene graphs * Layered graphics with visibility support * Flexible 3D space world extents * World and device coordinate support * Powerful rendering style support * Smart annotations * Powerful object detection functions * Extensible * Interaction support * Raster image support * Embedded Swing component support * Utilities for geometry generation and transformations * Image export and prin...

Reminder: Equation Library 5.0 / TreeBrowser Development Edition 2.4
Hello Group, just as a short reminder: the TreeBrowser Development Edition including an example data set of the original equation library for HP 48SX/48GX will only be availabe until the end of the month. So -if you haven=B4t already downloaded- hurry up and get it at http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de Again, a few highlights to mention: - an intuitive and easy-to-use interface - an editor for creating your own data sets - two possible views of an equation (if desired) - supports units - supports all build in solvers - an example data set of the original equation library for HP 48SX/48GX ...

Crop a Picture to a circle, how?
Hi everybody, I print out directly onto dvds and cds and want to be able to crop a scan of a disc into a circle so there is a better chance of it being centralised and spot on when printed directly onto a cd/dvd disc. I know how to use the crop tool to crop in obling/squares but can I crop pictures in a circle and if so how please? Also how do I make text with a transparent background? Thanks for all your kind help. "skint" <skint4sure@aol.com> wrote in message news:1133020002.586450.205160@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi everybody, > > I print out directly o...

CorelDraw 9 on MS Vista?
Hello For compatibility I want to use a Corel Draw *9* My computer using Windows XP has some hardware problems, so I want to install it on a Windows Vista notebook. But starting the setup32.exe on CD gives error messages 1061 (Der Dienst kann zurzeit keine Steuerungsmeldungen annehmen) (the service cannot accept control messages at this time) Is there any possibility to install and run CorelDraw 9 on Vista? MfG Heiko Jacobs Z! IRCnet Mueck -- Douglasstr. 30, D-76133 Karlsruhe fon +49 721 24069 fax 2030542 Geo-Bild Ing.b�ro geo-bil...

[9fans] A new language for Plan 9
Hello. I started working on Bentley, a new programming language. This was inspired by and is based on the pseudocode in Jon Bentley's "Programming Pearls" - a column for the CACM that became a book. The compiler generates Assembly in a temporary file, then calls up the assembler to make the program. Currently, the assembly that can be generated is a subset of the language that can be parsed, but I'm working on it. % rc /n/sources/contrib/pietro/bentley.bundle ... % mk ... % 8b asm.b % 8l -o asm asm.8 % asm 5 1 % cat test.b # for what the parser is capab...

Install of 9.4UC6
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C5669C.F2FBB280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am trying to install this version on Solaris 9 and I get the following output from oninit -iv Message 1515 not found. Message 1640 not found. And the process hangs. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C5669C.F2FBB280 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:off...

reference library missing Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library
I have two computers with MS Access 2000 installed. However one computer has Microsoft Outlook 2002 installed while the other does not. The computer without Microsoft Outlook 2002 does not seem to recognize the Date() Function and Left Function and possibly other functions that I haven't used. The only difference between the reference Libraries is that the computer that cannot read these functions has Microsoft Outlook 10.0 Object Library (Missing). Could these be the problem. If so how do I go about it without having to install Microsoft Outlook 2002 on the computer that is reading the ...

Newbie. FC3 2.6.9-1.667 shutdown/reboot lockup
Ladies and Gentlemen, Being very new to Linux I am at a loss and would appreciate any assistance that you may offer. I have installed FC3 onto my system, dual boot with Win2K. Everything seems to work OK (I've been lurking here for a few days and even got the sound working - thank you all) until I either shutdown or reboot. I have re-installed many times thinking that I was getting it wrong (including re-installing FC2 and doing the upgrade option) - ended up using the install everything" option. Same symptoms. After install I got the following on either shutdown or ...

PSP tutorial in French
Hi all, a French speaking friend of mine is testing a trial version of PSP9. He is an absolute beginner with photo editing and painting. Would anyone know y good tutorial in French? Thanks, Siggi We Greg http://gregsplace.50megs.com http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1 Siggi wrote: > Hi all, > > a French speaking friend of mine is testing > a trial version of PSP9. He is an absolute > beginner with photo editing and painting. > Would anyone know y good tutorial > in French? There are several sites with tutorials in French: http://psplinks.com/content/For...

ICS 5.0 Programming Question
Our ICS system was programmed such that Feature-990 would automatically put a call into a user's voicemail (we are using an AVST Callxpress unified messaging system). We have just changed the card/PC to a PCI based setup and now this feature code no longer works, displaying "inactive feature" after a couple of seconds. Nothing else has been changed, and the voicemail integration is otherwise working normally. I can't find any documentation anywhere of how F990 was setup in the first place and what would make it fail now... any pointers greatly appreciated... ...

Re: Puzzle: Converting 1-10 to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 #7
Hey Toby - What no regex? No hash? How about a proc format wrapped in a call execute? Data _Null_; Length NewString $ 200 ; String = '1-10,21,22,30-35,40,41' ; call execute ( "proc format; value numstr " || String || " ='Nums'; run ;"); Do _K = input(Scan( String , 1 , ',-' ),best12.) To input(Scan( String , -1 , ',-'),best12.); if put(_K,numstr.)='Nums' then NewString = CatX( ',' , NewString , _K ) ; End; Put NewString= ; run; Paul Choate DDS Data Extractio...

Problem accessing drive with PSP
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? If I access a file with PSP, then later delete the folder where that file was, later I cannot access the drive where that folder was located. Easiest is to give an example... On drive e, there is a folder called e:\test with some JPG files I open PSP and access one of these files, then close PSP. Then I delete the folder e:\test Now I open PSP again and try to open a JPG file in another folder on drive e: (e:\old), and PSP won't recognize drive e: Error: Drive e cannot be selected right now, try again. The only 2 ways I have been able to get ...

Bind 9 Configuration and Statistics
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --===============4866534294853013927== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_005C_01C9BAE8.614AA270" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C9BAE8.614AA270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Greetings everyone, I have only a little question about Bind 9 Configuration and Statistics = page. I activated statistics-channels on a 9.5.0-P2 and a 9.6.0 DNS Server. I'm not getting any recor...

char [0-9] to int [0-9]
Is there an elegant way to do something like // given a char {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} returns it as a short short char2digit(char c) { short d = c-48; return d; } ? Thanks. Gaijinco wrote: > Is there an elegant way to do something like > > // given a char {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} returns it as a short > short char2digit(char c) > { > short d = c-48; d = c - '0'; is the portable solution. > return d; > } Tobias Gaijinco wrote: > Is there an elegant way to do something like > > // given a char {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} I assume you mean &...

Re: printing missing numerical values w/o output in v9.1 vs. 9.2?
Unfortunately, you don't seem to be missing anything. I get similar results. I suppose on technical grounds you could justify the 9.2 behavior, since the MISSING= system option implies that "a character" will be printed to represent the missing value. According to my limited experimentation, there is no difference between MISSING='' and MISSING=' ' (i.e. whether or not there is a blank between the quotes). As a practical matter, however, in this kind of situation with DSD output, one would certainly prefer not to have the unnecessary blanks in the output file....

how crop a box?
Hello All, I've done a search of comp.text.tex anad ctan, but I can't find what I need. I know that: 1) There is a macro that can resize what is inside \resizebox{\columnwidth}{!}{...} 2) There is macro that can make a box of a size you specify \makebox[\columnwidth][l]{...} 3) There is a macro that can do the same as (2) but with a frame around it \framebox[\columnwidth][l]{...} Is there a macro to crop? That is, if I have a box, is there a macro that I could apply to the box that would give me a piece of the box? Thanks for any tips! On Dec 11, 3:11=A0pm, Aikido...

Printing on a LJ5 SI under Solaris 9...
I am ready to be committed... Does anyone have any insight into a fix for my problem??? Here's the situation: I have an HP Laserjet 5 Si/PS printer that has 2 Windows 2000 machines printing to it, and one Sun Solaris9 box (an Ultra30). The Windows machines print MS Office documents (Letter size, tray 2) and AutoCad drawings (11x17, tray 3). The problem I am having is with the unix print jobs using the wrong tray of paper. All of my unix jobs get sent to the default tray for the HP, which is tray 3. I have seen numerous posts on a -o tray2 option, but it doesn't seem to...

comp.programming.literate FAQ #9
Archive-name: literate-programming-faq Last-modified: 2000/03/15 Version: 1.3.1 The Literate Programming FAQ David B. Thompson <thompson@shelob.ce.ttu.edu> Version: 1.3.1, Mar 15, 2000 The purpose of this document is two-fold: First, there is a need to present a basic description of literate programming and how applica- tion of literate programming principles can improve the resulting code. Second, there is a need to present a list of tools available to iterate programmers. Hopefully, this document will meet both needs. _________________________________...

macro #9
I have a macro that I obtained from a professor at the University of Freiburg that fits fractional polynomials to regression models. Before I bother him I wanted to run an error message past the listserv. It's a long macro, so I'll post only the relevant section of the log. Here's the error: MLOGIC(MFP8): %LET (variable name is DFRES) SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable NSECOND resolves to 4.16E6 SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable XINCMAX resolves to 0 ERROR: A character operand was found in the %EVAL function or %IF condition where a numeric operand is required. The condition was: 4.16...

Warning to buyers of PSP (EXTRA WARNING: a rant)
Hi - A long time ago I purchased a copy of PSP and today I've just purchased 9. I have a completely standard version of windows XP and yet the key installation is failing (the 'key retrieval' also fails). (The error message includes the statement "please check your firewall settings will allow access to our servers" - that would be *which* servers on *what* port ?) So no problem - after all the order confirmation email I just received says I can email techsup@jasc.com - only when i do i get another email saying this email address is no longer monitored and it's time...

Re: Cropping a surface to a sphere (fun Manipulate example)
HellO Szabolcs, I liked your surface so much, I thought I might share this fun Manipulate: sphere[ls_] := Function[{x, y, z}, x^2 + y^2 + z^2 < ls^2] Manipulate[ ContourPlot3D[-x^4*y^2 + x^2*y^4 + x^4*z^2 - y^4*z^2 - x^2*z^4 + y^2*z^4 == ls, {x, -3, 3}, {y, -3, 3}, {z, -3, 3}, RegionFunction -> sphere[3]], {{ls, 0}, 0, 1/2}] On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:10 AM, W_Craig Carter <ccarter@mit.edu> wrote: > Hell Szabolcs, > In 6, there is the option: RegionFunction -> (#1^2 + #2^2 + #3^2 < 9 &) > Your surface is very pleasing. If not 6, this woul...

New release of Diet Python (0.2 Beta)!!!
What's new in this release? ---------------------------------------- Release 0.2 has a reworked Python module interface to the _alpymodule. I believe it to be much more 'pythonic'. There's a lot less code to write just in order to make a simple example work. See the examples! I've dropped in the Allegro library from the OpenLayer project. That one seems to be a lot more reliable. I'm using sources from the Python 2.5 beta 2 PSF release. I've also rewritten some of the Allegro examples just to show that the reworked interface works. I also fixed a serious bug...

Dell Version of PSP
Hi all.. Quick question...I have a 30-day trial OEM Dell version of PSP installed on my new computer. The 30 days has expired. My question... does anyone know what...if anything...the difference is between the Dell branded version of the software (8.10) and the regular version of the software? Can I stick with the Dell version or should I shell out the extra cash for the regular version? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. A West wrote: > > Hi all.. > Quick question...I have a 30-day trial OEM Dell version of PSP installed > on my new computer. The 30 days has expi...

TNS-12505 entries in listener.log 9.2.0.6/HP-UX
Hi, In our servers there are multiple entries with entries of the following kind: 10-JAN-2006 09:07:03 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=oracle))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=127.0.0. 1)(PORT=55902)) * establish * ORCL * 12505 TNS-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor These entries are happening every 4 or 5 seconds and the listener.log is increasing heavily in size. What is the best possible way of tracing back where these requests are coming from ? Version we are using is 9.2.0.6 on HP-UX (PA-RISC) 11.11. I have ruled out Gri...

Posting Guidelines for comp.lang.perl.misc ($Revision: 1.9 $) #36
Outline Before posting to comp.lang.perl.misc Must - Check the Perl Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Check the other standard Perl docs (*.pod) Really Really Should - Lurk for a while before posting - Search a Usenet archive If You Like - Check Other Resources Posting to comp.lang.perl.misc Is there a better place to ask your question? - Question should be about Perl, not about the application area How to participate (post) in the clpmisc community - Carefully choose the contents of your Subject header ...