Cropping to an Oval in PSP 9.0

Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?  I want the
finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

Pat

0
pempson181 (11)
8/7/2005 7:48:31 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6011 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

PatETC wrote:

> Is there a way to crop a picture to an oval in PSP 9.0?

Yes and no.

> I want the
> finished photo to be an oval shape--no border for putting on a poster.

All images are rectangular so you can't make an oval image. However
you can fake an oval image. You do this by making an oval selection
in the image with the Ellipse Selection Type in the Selection tool
or by drawing a vector ellipse and doing Selections > From Vector
Object. After this you do Selections > Invert, which selects all the
stuff outside the oval that you don't want. Now you can delete the
contents of the selection to transparency by pressing the Delete
key (after promoting the background layer) or use Flood Fill with a
Match Mode of None to set it to the background color of your poster.

> Pat
0
Kris