Raster to Vector?

I have a relatively raster logo that I need to convert to vector
format so I can cleanly resize it whenever I wish.  You can see the
logo at http://www.livingscenes.com/images/crs_logo.gif.

Is there a simple way to do this?  I was hoping a I could select the
individual sections of the logo and somehow convert the outline of the
selection to a vector but I did not see a way to do that.  I am using
PSP 8.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Flora
0
bflora
5/15/2004 1:48:48 AM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

in article MPG.1b0f40fbe140e0ff98968b@news.intrex.net, bflora@b?gf??t.com at
bflora@b?gf??t.com wrote on 05/14/2004 6:48 PM:

> I have a relatively raster logo that I need to convert to vector
> format so I can cleanly resize it whenever I wish.  You can see the
> logo at http://www.livingscenes.com/images/crs_logo.gif.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?  I was hoping a I could select the
> individual sections of the logo and somehow convert the outline of the
> selection to a vector but I did not see a way to do that.  I am using
> PSP 8.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Flora

http://www.artistmike.com/VectorizationService/1.html

0
Mike
5/15/2004 2:06:09 AM
bflora@b�gf��t.com wrote:
> I have a relatively raster logo that I need to convert to vector
> format so I can cleanly resize it whenever I wish.  You can see
> the logo at http://www.livingscenes.com/images/crs_logo.gif.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?  I was hoping a I could select
> the individual sections of the logo and somehow convert the
> outline of the selection to a vector but I did not see a way to
> do that.  I am using PSP 8.  Any help is appreciated.

PSP does not do it automatically, although this logo is simple
enough to trace with the Pen tool in vector mode. Fifteen minutes
work when familiar with the tool, or an excellent learning task if
not.

If you would like to try it, find how the Pen tool works in Help >
Contents > Drawing and Editing Objects > Drawing Objects. For
techniques, check out a few of the hundreds of tutorials in the
Vector category at http://www.psplinks.com.
--
Fred Hiltz,  fhiltz at yahoo dot com

0
Fred
5/15/2004 2:25:08 AM
I haven't tried it - but did a web search and found:
http://www.rastervect.com/

--
Chuck

<bflora@b�gf��t.com> wrote in message
> I have a relatively raster logo that I need to convert to vector
> format so I can cleanly resize it whenever I wish.  You can see the
> logo at http://www.livingscenes.com/images/crs_logo.gif.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?  I was hoping a I could select the
> individual sections of the logo and somehow convert the outline of the
> selection to a vector but I did not see a way to do that.  I am using
> PSP 8.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Flora

0
Chuck
5/15/2004 6:02:47 AM
<bflora@b�gf��t.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b0f40fbe140e0ff98968b@news.intrex.net...
> I have a relatively raster logo that I need to convert to vector
> format so I can cleanly resize it whenever I wish.  You can see the
> logo at http://www.livingscenes.com/images/crs_logo.gif.
>
> Is there a simple way to do this?  I was hoping a I could select the
> individual sections of the logo and somehow convert the outline of the
> selection to a vector but I did not see a way to do that.  I am using
> PSP 8.  Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Flora

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/sceadu/psp/crs.html

I mailed you the pspimage, tell me if you didn't get it.

Sceadu

Sceadu
5/15/2004 9:36:08 AM
> Fifteen minutes
> work when familiar with the tool, or an excellent learning task if
> not.

A learning task then.  :-)  I really do need to play with vectors
more.

> If you would like to try it, find how the Pen tool works in Help >
> Contents > Drawing and Editing Objects > Drawing Objects. For
> techniques, check out a few of the hundreds of tutorials in the
> Vector category at http://www.psplinks.com.

Thanks for the info.

Bob
0
bflora
5/15/2004 1:22:45 PM
> I haven't tried it - but did a web search and found:
> http://www.rastervect.com/

Ok, apparently there's a software tool for everything.  :-)  Thanks.

Bob
0
bflora
5/15/2004 1:23:56 PM
> http://www.angelfire.com/linux/sceadu/psp/crs.html
>
> I mailed you the pspimage, tell me if you didn't get it.

Oooohhh!  The graphic on the web page looks great!  Unfortunately, the
e-mail did not make it to me.  Try the following address instead:
bfloraATintrexDOTnet (replace the caps as appropriate, gee, I hope the
spambots can't read this sort of thing yet).  Many thanks, I really
appreciate it!

Bob
0
bflora

raster and aspectratio
I am finding that a list of graphics primitives made of raster images are being distorted by an aspectratio specification applied to the surrounding graphics call. need simple way to keep those images at the original aspect ratio, but have to overall graphics generated be modified by the aspectratio. in other words, the images are icons, and do not want to be stretched as the graphic is stretched wider. tabout = Table[Translate[Scale[rasterimage, {1, i}, {0, 0}], {i, 0}], {i, 1, 4}]; (* some raster images at different origins and scales *) Graphics[tabout, Frame ->...

fft of a rand vector
Hello, I am convolving a vector, lets say A with a random vector say B1, B1=randn(1000,1) in Matlab: conv(A,B1). Then, I re-run it with B2=randn(1000,1)and conv(A,B2) but unfortunately the new output is different from the previous one. Actually, I am free to use other random vectors but need to have almost the same results for n tries. Does anyone know how to do that or at least how to improve it? thanks. On 2/22/2012 10:19 AM, Haohe wrote: > Hello, I am convolving a vector, lets say A with a random vector say B1, > B1=randn(1000,1) in Matlab: conv(A,B1). > Then, I re-run it with ...

Vectorized MATLAB operations on 2 arrays
The following looks a fairly trivial problem, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to vectorize the following set of commands. A,B are 2 vectors of different sizes. The set of commands are as follows. for i=1:length(B) C(i)=length(find(A>B(i)); end Is there a way to remove the loop while computing the vector C. Thanks. Nirmal Hi, try this : C=zeros(1,length(B)); % Only with large vectors for i=1:length(B) C(i)=sum(A>B(i)); end J�r�me In article <ef5d3ab.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, "Nirmal Jayaram" <nirmal_jayaram@yahoo.co.in> wrote: &g...

Contour plot for a vector
Hello all, I am trying to plot these data using a contour plot, but I am getting this error always: Error using contour (line 81) Z must be size 2x2 or greater. This is the code I used: distance_c=linspace(0,80,length(c)); contour(distance_c,distance_c,c) where c is a vector of 235 values, Also I tried: [DISTANCE]=meshgrid(distance_c); C=griddata(distance_c,distance_c,c,DISTANCE,DISTANCE); %contour(DISTANCE,DISTANCE,C) Can you help me in plotting this data in contour plot ? I think the problem because I have (c) as a vector, but this is the data that I have. Thank...

Change color of raster selection/layer
I have some black 'text' which is in raster format and anti-aliased. I need to change it to another color (gold) and maintain the anti aliasing. It is on a separate layer and isolated from anything else. What's the best way(s) to do this? Bob wrote: > I have some black 'text' which is in raster format and > anti-aliased. I need to change it to another color (gold) > and maintain the anti aliasing. It is on a separate layer > and isolated from anything else. > > What's the best way(s) to do this? You are in luck, having it on its own layer. Lock t...

raster
Jak wstawi&#263; do rysunku obrazek (np. JPG, RLE), a potem skalibrowa&#263;? M?ynio said: > Jak wstawi&#263; do rysunku obrazek (np. JPG, RLE), a potem skalibrowa&#263;? Hello! Wstawiaja od *INSERT-RASTER IMAGE* jadlospis. Zeby wazyc (obliczac) to wy mozecie rozciagac sie (wydluzac) to z *GRIPS* Ciao ciao! Che sforzo di Polacco! *frankyz Ja, copiuje (ctrl C, dany, jpg lub inny jakikolwiek plik np. "Ecel"u czy "Word"u, wybieram dokladnie fragment , ktory chce, mozliwosci nieskonczone, Nastepnie w dany *.dwg , (crtl paste) - wkleja...

length of multiple vectors
I am new with Matlab and english it is not my first language, so please have me patience. I want to know the length of 40 vectors (i created them with a loop and their names are A1, A2, ... , A40). I was thinking of using the command "for" but the problem is that i dont know how can i call 1 vector in each iteration. On 3/29/2013 5:05 PM, evil_silla wrote: > I am new with Matlab and english it is not my first language, so please > have me patience. > > I want to know the length of 40 vectors (i created them with a loop and > their names are A1, A2, ... , A40)...

Merging 2 vectors #2
I am trying to find a way to merge two vectors with different lengths. Suppose: a=[1 2 3 4 5] b=[999 998] I am looking for a vector c such that: c=[1 999 2 998 3 0 4 0 5 0] With my current knowledge I can combine to vectors x and y if they are the same length. I would use: x=[123] y=[456] z=[x y] z(1:2:end)=x z(2:2:end)=y z=[1 4 2 5 3 6] I think my biggest problem is making the original b vector have the same length as the a vector. I have spent a few hours searching for help in google and I keep falling short. Thanks in advance. There are many ways to go about this. Here is one. % Da...

Raster and IRQ
Hi, and sorry for my bad english... In these days I'm trying to learn c64 assembly... While reading the programmers reference guide I try to made some exercise... I've got a problem with a program which involve raster IRQ. I've read a program to split the screen in to parts, black and white, using polling on $d012... No problem with it. Then I try to do something similar with IRQ. This is my program but it doesn't work. Coul anyone explain me where I'm wrong? Thanks in advance... processor 6502 org $1000 sei lda #$7f sta $dc0d ; Turn off CIA 1 inte...

raster image to object
hi all can i transform a simple raster image in an object? -- Pixael.com owner graphic/programmer "Josh" <josh@pixael.com> wrote in message news:bthn2m$7c3jm$1@ID-203386.news.uni-berlin.de... > hi all > > can i transform a simple raster image in an object? > Yes but not with Psp. Look for Raster to vector in article bthn2m$7c3jm$1@ID-203386.news.uni-berlin.de, Josh at josh@pixael.com wrote on 1/7/04 11:35 AM: > hi all > > can i transform a simple raster image in an object? Other people can, but you can't. "Kris Zalika" <kzal...

plotting vectors
I would like to plot a 2D-field of vectors. I have four series of data (x,y,Vx,Vy). Thank you for your help! In article <ckjqe9$dp2$1@news.cict.fr>, G3 <gourseau@poly.polytechnique.fr> wrote: >I would like to plot a 2D-field of vectors. >I have four series of data (x,y,Vx,Vy). See the demo file vector.dem In your case it is probably sufficient to say plot "data" with vectors -- Ethan A Merritt ...

Vector API problem
Hi, import java.util.*; class test{ public static void main(String args[]){ Move curr=new Move(0,0); //create move object represent current state MoveGenerator mg=new MoveGenerator(7,8); //create movegenerate object Vector vec=new Vector(); //create vector object Move chk=new Move(0,8); //create move object going to check Move[] ret=mg.generateMoves(curr); //generateMoves function return 6 move objects for(int i=0;i<ret.length;i++) System.out.println(ret[i]); System.out.println(); for(int i=0;i<ret.length;i++) vec.add(ret[i]); //add those move objects t...

Shape to raster
Dear IDLers, My apologies if this question has been posted before. I have a polygon vector file from which I know the coordinates within a grid (subpixel precision) and I would like to make a mask from this information (within the polygon = 1, outside = 0). The only idea I have to make this would be to use the polyfill command and use the produced image as a mask. This would be easy to do, but I am worried about the precision I would reach by doing so (I am concerned about the line thickness, for example, and all the things that make of POLYFILL and DRAW_ROI a plot routine and not a &...

vector of template class question
Hi there, Here is the conceptual problem i try to find an elegant solution to. I have a template class that I use to save data from a file. The data can be integer, float, double. This is a skeleton code to show precisely what i am talking about. template<class T> class Channel { public: Channel( int size ) { data = new T[ size ]; } ~Channel() { if ( data != NULL ) { delete [] data; } } string name; T *data; }; I have an object which has a collection of such data. It can have 10 floats which are the data for a channel named ...

Vectorization probl
Hello, I've a small problem : given a vector V of integer , I want to produce a matrix M who's element (i j) =1 if V(i) = V(j) and 0 if V(i) <> V(j). Ex : if V = [1 1 2] then M = [1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 2]. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks Luc luc dal wrote: > Hello, > > I've a small problem : > given a vector V of integer , I want to produce a matrix M who's element (i > j) =1 if V(i) = V(j) > and 0 if V(i) <> V(j). > Ex : if V = [1 1 2] > then M = > [1 1 0 > 1 1 0 > 0 0 2]. > How can I solve this problem ?...

contorted raster dots with certain bitmaps
Hello, sometimes when I print bitmaps with raster dots the output is completly contorted. Oddly enough it only happens with bitmaps (not with vector graphics) and only with a few. But I create the ps-files always in the same way and sometimes it works obviously. Have you had similar experience or any idea what to try? You can find some example graphics here: http://www.benedikt-panzer.de/ps/index_en.html Thanks a lot, Benedikt Panzer ...

splitting vector arguments
I got a problem with vectors. I can generate a vector like: v1:=[0.12456*cos(3.654*y), 0.019832*cos(.185308*y), 0.96731*cos (9.424777962*y), 0.1935*cos(2.56637062*y), 0.8491*cos(5.70796327*y)]. Now I want to split this vector in its numerical parts. What I am basically looking for is a procedure to generate from the vector above 2 vectors containing the numerical arguments. SOL_VEC_1=[0.12456,0.019832,0.96731,0.1935,0.8491] containing the factors in front of the cos.-function SOL_VEC_2=[3.654,0.185308,9.424777962,2.56637062,5.70796327] containing the factors in the argument of t...

Rasterizing
I'm need to write a custom app that generates postscript output for press use. Some of the things I'd like to do are complicated, and perhaps very difficult to do in the Adobe Imaging Model. For that reason, it's been suggested that I do all the rasterizing in our own application and package the rasterized output into postscript for consumption by our printers/platemakers. This seems wrong to me; printer RIPs are specially designed to accommodate the particular device, and we would lose any device-specific benefits of the printer RIP. What benefits would I lose from not using t...

sorting a vector #2
Hello friends, I want to sort in ascending order only the second column of a given matrix (two columns matrix) but i want to move the first column entries according to second column. for example: Col1 : Col2 1 : 30 1 : 32 1 : 29 1 : 31 1 : 28 1 : 31 2 : 31 2 : 33 2 : 29 2 : 34 2 : 36 2 : 30 2 : 33 2 : 29 now sort only Col 2 and move first column entires according to it...so in this case it is, Col1; Col2 1 : 28 1 : 29 2 : 29 2 : 29 1 : 30 2 : 30 1 : 31 1 : 31 2 : 31 1 : 32 2 : 33 2 : 33 2 : 34 2 : 36 Thanks for ur help... sohail A student sohail: <SNIP wants to SORT along ROWS... a hi...

Why a Rasterizer ?
Hello, I am trying to understand the purpose of the rasterizer. Why do some printers have a rasterizer, and others do not? Thanks. In article <GTtbk.779$al3.304@trnddc06>, "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to understand the purpose of the rasterizer. Why do some > printers have a rasterizer, and others do not? > > Thanks. ALL printers have a "rasterizer" (raster image processor, also RIP). Maybe it's inside the printer, maybe it's in the driver that resides on (and uses the processing ...

know the length of vector
if i have an x vector >>x=[1 2 3 4] is there any function in matlab to get the length of the vector assume i want to make loop with the same length of the vector thanks in advance georgealbertwadie <georgealbertwadie@yahoo.com> writes: >if i have an x vector >>>x=[1 2 3 4] >is there any function in matlab to get the length of the vector >assume i want to make loop with the same length of the vector length? georgealbertwadie wrote: > > > if i have an x vector >>>x=[1 2 3 4] > > is there any function in matlab to get the length of the v...

Vectorizing code 409828
Dear all, I am struggling a bit with a piece of my code. This actual piece seems to be the bottleneck in my code (according to profiler). This is mostly due to the for/if loops. I was wondering if it is possible to vectorize some part (or completely) of it. The code: for i=1:ngrids-1 sumk = zeros(ngrids,1); for k = 1:i Vdif = Vhalf(i+1)-V(k); if Vdif < Vhalf(2) Vdif = Vhalf(2); end for j=2:length(Vhalf) if Vdif <= Vhalf(j) && Vdif > Vhalf(j-1) ...

creating a length vector r over a 3D grid
What is the elegant way to create a vector, r, that runs over a given 3D array? I have R = meshgrid(0:m,0:n,0:p) now I want an array of vectors that run from the origin to every point in the meshgrid. I have a matrix of concentration values m,n,p,t. I want to define the new vector and use this in another function which calculates density from origin to point i,j,k and for this I need the indexed set of vectors from the origin. It's a really simple question, but I am returning to MATLAB after 13 years and the syntax is still new to me. Thanks, Will "William von W...

Vector legend with PARTVELVEC
Hey IDLers, Maybe I haven't been searching hard enough but I did not find a way to use PARTVELVEC to draw only one vector as a legend vector. I guess I could do this myself by making my own partvelvec routine, but I thought this would be something the community might already have done. It is not that trivial since partvelvec draws in DATA coordinates, while the legend vector should be plotted outside the image. And the length of the legend should correspond to that of the plot of course ;-). I think this can only be done by modifying partvelvec so that it returns "...

Animated GIF best format for large raster animations?
Hello, I am kind of new to graphics but I am writing an application that produces 'movies' (for lack of a better word). The concept is similar to Terminator 2-style morphing where the pixels in one image are rearranged over a sequence of frames to create a new image. These animations are not really intended for websites; they would be more like novelty greeting cards. I am trying to figure out which file format I should use and so far the winner is animated GIF. The pros are: * widely portable (this is a big one because I want users to be able to send movies to ...