Scripting + Batch Processing

I am trying to run a script in batch process mode, but I keep
getting errors, to debug, I recorded a new script with only one
step.... despeckle.

When I start the script, I set "save to" to new t ype and new
path.   This is the error I get:

------- Command Execution Failed -----------
Command Name: IncreaseColorsTo16Million
Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
------- Command Execution Failed -----------
Command Name: Despeckle
Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My PSP8
Files\Scripts-Restricted\Despeckle4.PspScript", line 13, in Do
    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found


Thanks for any help!!!  Below is the script!
Pete


from JascApp import *

def ScriptProperties():
    return {
        'Author': '',
        'Copyright': '',
        'Description': '',
        'Host': 'Paint Shop Pro',
        'Host Version': '8.00'
        }

def Do(Environment):
    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
                }
            })

    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
                }
            })

    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
                }
            })

    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
                }
            })


0
Pete
9/2/2004 2:40:48 PM
comp.paint-shop-pro 6014 articles. 0 followers. gshatterhand (27) is leader. Post Follow

4 Replies
823 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 18
"Pete" <junk@pbsite.net> wrote in message 
news:ch7bf6$1uv$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
>I am trying to run a script in batch process mode, but I keep
> getting errors, to debug, I recorded a new script with only one
> step.... despeckle.
>
> When I start the script, I set "save to" to new t ype and new
> path.   This is the error I get:
>
> ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> Command Name: IncreaseColorsTo16Million
> Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> Command Name: Despeckle
> Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My PSP8
> Files\Scripts-Restricted\Despeckle4.PspScript", line 13, in Do
>    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found
>
>
> Thanks for any help!!!  Below is the script!
> Pete
>
>
> from JascApp import *
>
> def ScriptProperties():
>    return {
>        'Author': '',
>        'Copyright': '',
>        'Description': '',
>        'Host': 'Paint Shop Pro',
>        'Host Version': '8.00'
>        }
>
> def Do(Environment):
>    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>            'GeneralSettings': {
>                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                }
>            })
>
>    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>            'GeneralSettings': {
>                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                }
>            })
>
>    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>            'GeneralSettings': {
>                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                }
>            })
>
>    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>            'GeneralSettings': {
>                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                }
>            })
>
>
I dont know why you have 4 copies. but apart from the coma after match my 
script [ done in 9 ] is the same and works.
from JascApp import *

def ScriptProperties():
    return {
        'Author': u'',
        'Copyright': u'',
        'Description': u'',
        'Host': u'Paint Shop Pro 9',
        'Host Version': u'9.00'
        }

def Do(Environment):
    # EnableOptimizedScriptUndo
    App.Do( Environment, 'EnableOptimizedScriptUndo', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match,
                'Version': ((9,0,0),1)
                }
            })

    # Despeckle
    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
            'GeneralSettings': {
                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match,
                'Version': ((9,0,0),1)
                }
            })


 


0
Trev
9/2/2004 3:25:15 PM
I need despeckle to be run 4 times on each image through batch mode. ..

Im still getting the error
 JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found

Thanks if anyone know's whats causing this.

Pete

"Trev" <trevbowdenATwireless.pipexDOTnet> wrote in message
news:10jeeqtq3buvqaa@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "Pete" <junk@pbsite.net> wrote in message
> news:ch7bf6$1uv$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> >I am trying to run a script in batch process mode, but I keep
> > getting errors, to debug, I recorded a new script with only one
> > step.... despeckle.
> >
> > When I start the script, I set "save to" to new t ype and new
> > path.   This is the error I get:
> >
> > ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> > Command Name: IncreaseColorsTo16Million
> > Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> > ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> > Command Name: Despeckle
> > Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My PSP8
> > Files\Scripts-Restricted\Despeckle4.PspScript", line 13, in Do
> >    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> > JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found
> >
> >
> > Thanks for any help!!!  Below is the script!
> > Pete
> >
> >
> > from JascApp import *
> >
> > def ScriptProperties():
> >    return {
> >        'Author': '',
> >        'Copyright': '',
> >        'Description': '',
> >        'Host': 'Paint Shop Pro',
> >        'Host Version': '8.00'
> >        }
> >
> > def Do(Environment):
> >    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >            'GeneralSettings': {
> >                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                }
> >            })
> >
> >    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >            'GeneralSettings': {
> >                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                }
> >            })
> >
> >    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >            'GeneralSettings': {
> >                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                }
> >            })
> >
> >    App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >            'GeneralSettings': {
> >                'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                }
> >            })
> >
> >
> I dont know why you have 4 copies. but apart from the coma after match my
> script [ done in 9 ] is the same and works.
> from JascApp import *
>
> def ScriptProperties():
>     return {
>         'Author': u'',
>         'Copyright': u'',
>         'Description': u'',
>         'Host': u'Paint Shop Pro 9',
>         'Host Version': u'9.00'
>         }
>
> def Do(Environment):
>     # EnableOptimizedScriptUndo
>     App.Do( Environment, 'EnableOptimizedScriptUndo', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match,
>                 'Version': ((9,0,0),1)
>                 }
>             })
>
>     # Despeckle
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match,
>                 'Version': ((9,0,0),1)
>                 }
>             })
>
>
>
>
>


0
Pete
9/2/2004 4:09:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with the script.  You should update to PSP 8.10.  If
you are still having problems. contacting Jasc tech support may also prove
useful.

"Pete" <junk@pbsite.net> wrote in message
news:ch7bf6$1uv$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> I am trying to run a script in batch process mode, but I keep
> getting errors, to debug, I recorded a new script with only one
> step.... despeckle.
>
> When I start the script, I set "save to" to new t ype and new
> path.   This is the error I get:
>
> ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> Command Name: IncreaseColorsTo16Million
> Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> Command Name: Despeckle
> Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My PSP8
> Files\Scripts-Restricted\Despeckle4.PspScript", line 13, in Do
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found
>
>
> Thanks for any help!!!  Below is the script!
> Pete
>
>
> from JascApp import *
>
> def ScriptProperties():
>     return {
>         'Author': '',
>         'Copyright': '',
>         'Description': '',
>         'Host': 'Paint Shop Pro',
>         'Host Version': '8.00'
>         }
>
> def Do(Environment):
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                 }
>             })
>
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                 }
>             })
>
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                 }
>             })
>
>     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
>             'GeneralSettings': {
>                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
>                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
>                 }
>             })
>
>


0
Gary
9/3/2004 1:56:45 AM
Thanks Gary!
  I updated to psp 8.1 and it fixed my problem.

Pete


"Gary Barton" <gmb@xxcutouttosendxxearthling.net> wrote in message
news:xbQZc.91717$9d6.61072@attbi_s54...
> There is nothing wrong with the script.  You should update to PSP 8.10.
If
> you are still having problems. contacting Jasc tech support may also prove
> useful.
>
> "Pete" <junk@pbsite.net> wrote in message
> news:ch7bf6$1uv$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> > I am trying to run a script in batch process mode, but I keep
> > getting errors, to debug, I recorded a new script with only one
> > step.... despeckle.
> >
> > When I start the script, I set "save to" to new t ype and new
> > path.   This is the error I get:
> >
> > ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> > Command Name: IncreaseColorsTo16Million
> > Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> > ------- Command Execution Failed -----------
> > Command Name: Despeckle
> > Error Text: Requested parameter not found in the repository.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My PSP8
> > Files\Scripts-Restricted\Despeckle4.PspScript", line 13, in Do
> >     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> > JascApp.ParameterNotDefined: Parameter name () not found
> >
> >
> > Thanks for any help!!!  Below is the script!
> > Pete
> >
> >
> > from JascApp import *
> >
> > def ScriptProperties():
> >     return {
> >         'Author': '',
> >         'Copyright': '',
> >         'Description': '',
> >         'Host': 'Paint Shop Pro',
> >         'Host Version': '8.00'
> >         }
> >
> > def Do(Environment):
> >     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >             'GeneralSettings': {
> >                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                 }
> >             })
> >
> >     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >             'GeneralSettings': {
> >                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                 }
> >             })
> >
> >     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >             'GeneralSettings': {
> >                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                 }
> >             })
> >
> >     App.Do( Environment, 'Despeckle', {
> >             'GeneralSettings': {
> >                 'ExecutionMode': App.Constants.ExecutionMode.Default,
> >                 'AutoActionMode': App.Constants.AutoActionMode.Match
> >                 }
> >             })
> >
> >
>
>


0
Pete
9/3/2004 5:39:11 AM
Reply:
Similar Artilces:

help on a script
Hi, I just wrote a small script to find the files in current directory and its child directories which include the word "ruby". But it can't work, please help point out my error, thanks. def myfind(path=".") Dir.foreach(path) do |f| if File.file? f open(f) do |c| puts "#{path}/#{f}" if c.read.scan(/ruby/) end elsif File.directory? f newpath = File.join path,f myfind(newpath) end end end myfind [Note: parts of this message were removed to...

signal processing 379136
i am studying ing eletricall "eimer ramirez" <keoopx@yahoo.es> wrote in message <hei6m0$a5t$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > i am studying ing eletricall Oh well done! - by the way didn't you have an exchange algorithm, or was that someone else with the same name? Regards Dave Robinson ...

Continuing Script Execution after Logoff
I have a ksh script that I want to invoke and then logoff, leaving the script to run until it is done. I understand this involves disconnecting the script from the controlling terminal, but I don't yet know how to do this. What is the secret? Thanks, Dave Feustel -- Using OpenBSD with or without X & KDE? http://dfeustel.home.mindspring.com On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 09:25:06 -0500, dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote: >I have a ksh script that I want to invoke and then logoff, >leaving the script to run until it is done. I understand >this involves disconnecting the script from the c...

US-TX-Austin: Signal Processing Eng., C/C++, Matlab, Verilog, algorithm devel.; (45339432408)
US-TX-Austin: Signal Processing Eng., C/C++, Matlab, Verilog, algorithm devel.; (45339432408) ============================================================================================= Position: Signal Processing Eng. Reference: SMC01894 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: 6 years of total industry experience or greater An in-depth knowledge of signal processing algorithm development A solid understanding of C/C++ and Matlab A solid understanding of Verilog or similar language Pr...

Script dying at opendir()
Hi all, My script is dying when I try to open the current dir( at the line opendir(DIR, "$dir"). This is the code. ================================== my $dir = `pwd`; my ($filename,$mydate); print "HELLO"; opendir(DIR,"$dir") or die ("$0:can't opendir public_html: $!"); print "HELLO"; while (defined($filename = readdir(DIR))) { print "Hello"; if ($filename =~ /\.date$/){ ====================================== Any help will be great. Thanks, MJ geek wrote: > > My script is dying when I...

how to include a script within a script
Hi, I need to dynamically create a button and within this button, I need t detect the TouchSensor and perform according. How do I include a scrip inside another script? To create the button dynamically, I us createvrmlfromstring and within I need to include a PROTO. Example : ....... url "vrmlscript: function set_time() { newvrml = 'DEF ' + node_name + ' Transform {'; newvrml +='translation 0.6 0 0'; newvrml +=' children ['; newvvrml+=' TouchSensor{} ...... createvrmlfromscript(newvrml); I need to implement script to handle ...

US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., Expert using script language, timing analyzers, (45317457603)
US-TX-Austin: Sr. Design Eng., Expert using script language, timing analyzers, (45317457603) ============================================================================================ Position: Sr. Design Eng. Reference: SMC01536 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: Exp Validating silicon Exp Debugging Exp Providing clever fixes with the least cost High proficiency in writing Verilog Able to calculate parasitic capacitance of interconnect by hand. Expert using a scri...

synchronizing grandchild processes
My application looks like this: a master process which kicks off a series of controller processes, each of which may start one or more processes to do some actual work (call these "doers"). In some circumstances the doers can run in parallel, i.e. they don't depend on each other's results, so optionally I can fork them off and *not* wait for them and let them run asynchronously. This optimization works fine with a little exception: the master process has some cleanup work to do before exiting and it needs to be sure all the doers are done first. Since they are not chi...

login in script
Does anyone have a good script to put in /etc/environments or /etc/profile that will show username logged in and path? I assume you mean setting your prompt? just set the PS1 variable. I do this in my .profile export PS1='$HOSTNAME $PWD >' just replace $HOSTNAME w/ $USER & you should have what you want On Dec 5, 9:18 am, "capeme" <cap...@comcast.net> wrote: > Does anyone have a good script to put in /etc/environments or > /etc/profile that will show username logged in and path? capeme wrote: > Does anyone have a good script to put in /etc/enviro...

Spawning Perl script from Expect script
I wrote an Expect script that spawns a Perl script. I recorded it in autoexpect, when I created an executable Expect script from that, it ran successfully when I executed it from the command line. However, when I tried to run this as part of another Perl script, it froze after the completion of the script. Here is a snippet of the expect script that autoexpect created: spawn prog-config.pl .... Do you want to enter an installation code now? (yes/no/help) \[no\] " send -- "\r" expect eof Here is how I used it in my Expect script (Its name is this.exp): expect -exact "...

Netware 5.x and running an *.exe in login script
We want to deploy a 4 meg exe that will run a McAfee superdat. I know if I put in a group to run a bat file that contains the following: # //server/vol1/share/update.bat it will execute the bat file, and run the superdat with a /silent parameter so the user does not see results. What would happen if I put it in to do a container at a time? I do not know what the ramifications of a 4 meg file being executed by a community of, say 50 users at a time. How would you do it? We are in the early stages of Zenworks. It is still a fairy tale at this point. someone someplace wrote:...

Process launched from service loses access token
Hello, I have a C# service that interacts with a COM server. The COM server was designed to start, and then stay running, waiting for other connections; basically it is shared across processes for the same user. This is all being tested on Windows XP sp2 and sp3. The service is configured to run under a specific user account. I am not doing any impersonation. When I run the service, the service runs as the desired user under the services process and the COM server is launched under svchost.exe under services.exe as the desired user. The Token for both is domain \user as expec...

script not opening applications
hi i have a html as follows: <form action="/cgi-bin/hello.py" method="get"> <input type="submit" value="Run Test"> </form> my hello.py is as follows <snip> import os os.system ("export DISPLAY=10.0.1.1:0.0") os.system ("./Test &") #Testtool opens a new window <snip> What I expected this to do was once I click "Run Test" it should run the hello.py script and open a new window for the Test application. both the hello.py and the test application are in the cgi-bin directory If I run t...

question on first line of shell script
I have noticed that some shell scripts begin with the line !#/bin/sh foo.bar where foo.bar is the name of the file that contains this line. I understand that the "!#/bin/sh" allows the script to tell the OS what program (shell) that the script is supposed to be executed under. But why does the name of the file follow? What does the presents of the file name cause to occur that would not have occurred if it were absent? Thanks anon <anon@nowhere.net> wrote: > I have noticed that some shell scripts begin with the line > !#/bin/sh foo.bar > where foo.bar is ...

Identifying ActiveState perl from within a script
Does anyone know: Is there a special variable or available value that can be examined inside of a perl script that will tell me if the interpreter is ActiveState? I know how to get the version. I need the flavor. I searched quite a bit for this info before coming here. Perhaps it's just not common knowledge, or I just am not as good at searching as I think. Bill Cernansky wrote: .... > Is there a special variable or available value that can be examined > inside of a perl script that will tell me if the interpreter is > ActiveState? > > I know how to get the version. I...

Excel Scripting
Hello, Let me preface this with the statement that I am not that familiar with Macs, I have 20 years experiance with PC's Servers, Unix etc, but not Mac. I do have a somewhat urgent need and hope somebody can help me, I can even pay if that is what it will take. I have a sister in law who has a web survey service. When the target audience takes the survey, each person's response gets sent as an email attachment in the form of a.csv file. They gather all the .csv files into a folder and at present copy/paste the data into an excel spreadsheet. Very Cumbersome as you can imagine. She...

image processing program in C or C++
Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection, mathematical morphology. Is there any place that I can download some open source program to release my load? Many Thanks Dexin stonny wrote: > Hi, I am converting my matlab program into C/C++. I need to change some > image processing toolbox functions into C/C++, such as edge detection, > mathematical morphology. > > Is there any place that I can download some open source program to > release my load? See http://www.parashift.c...

getting the path in a cgi script
I know I've done this once before ... I think ... but now I can't figure out how to do it I've set my web server to use an alias similar to this ScriptAlias /xx/ "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/xxx.cgi/" which makes it possible for me to write http://127.0.0.1/xx/some/kind/of/path my problem is that I don't know how to get the 'some/kind/of/path' part of the URL in my script. I know that I can do like this in perl $documentRoot.path_info(); but how do I do it in python? Kalle Anke wrote: > I know I've done this once before ... ...

classified script #2
AJ Classifieds empowers your online community with effective tools to attract and retain more visitors to your web site. With AJ Classifieds, you can build and brand your own classifieds site customized to the unique needs of your market, whether it's for consumers or other businesses. sources: http://www.ajclassifieds.net ...

Am I asking too much of a SCRIPT node?
I am trying to change coordinates of a SHAPE IndexedFaceSet which is a peer node to a SCRIPT node (see below): .... children [ Shape { appearance Appearance { material Material { diffuseColor 1 0 0 } } geometry IndexedFaceSet { coord DEF spotpts Coordinate { point [ 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0, 0 0 0 ] } ...

args not passed to .tcl script in batch file
Have tcl scripts in .bat files that expect arguments. Works fine in XP. When run in win7, the script does not receive the values passed as parameters. Net: argc is 0; argv is empty. Have taken UAC to lowest level. Have changed the properties to enable, read, write, execute, etc. All scripts are in c:\program files (x86)\star. e.g runtranslator.bat contains the following shell-translatorTCL.bat "/Star/sims/source_scenarios/IF_test.ssc" shell-translatorTCL.bar contains the following cd \Star\SIDE\sp_translator sdd_scripttranslator.tcl %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 On 2012-05-08 16:3...

Script and Function files?
Why are the script and function files have to be separated? Cannot be writte in one file? That is correct, you cannot have a script file and a function M-file in the same file. They are different beasts. Hassid <ykr_tkg@yahoo.com> wrote in message <11356093.1218235709338.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum. org>... > Why are the script and function files have to be separated? Cannot be writte in one file? The Mathworks decided so! /per > Why are the script and function files have to be > separated? Cannot be writte in one file? It probably has to do something with...

From shell script, how to know if logged in as root?
I know that when I'm logged in as root in (Solaris or Linux), I would get the # sign at the terminal screen. But from a csh script, how do I know if I'm running that script logged in as root or not? newbie09 wrote: > I know that when I'm logged in as root in (Solaris or Linux), I would > get the # sign at the terminal screen. > But from a csh script, how do I know if I'm running that script logged > in as root or not? man id man csh (search for environment variables and compare operators) and, last but not least, http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whyno...

executing a script file from a script file
Hi, as my code is getting bigger I'd like to partition it to make it better to read. What I'd like to do is to outsource parts of it in seperate m-files. As a huge amount of variables is used and produced it is really impractical to use functions for it because I always need to specify the input und output variables. Is there a way to do what I want in matlab? Just like an equivalent to the "\input" command in Latex. Gerrit Gerrit Hofbauer <gerrit.hofbauer@gmx.de> wrote in message <h420qv$14km$1@ariadne.rz.tu-clausthal.de>... > Hi, > > as my c...

Asynchronous forking(?) processes on Windows
O.K., I'm starting to lose it. I've read a lot of threads on this list regarding forking processes on Windows. I'm still having problems even with the info I have found. I'm asking for some direction. I am trying to spawn several children processes and execute a the same command on each child. I want to reap (read) the results of each of these children and wait for each to end in their own order. The command I am executing can potentially sent out a lot of output. I execute the command using backticks (`) in order to get the output. The following perl code will work to a cert...