100's of frames and 100's of alpha's into transparant GIF or PNG's

I render game sprites/floor tiles using lightwave. I output the frames and I
output an alpha-image so I can seperate the objects from the renderings.

I used to combine the alpha and the render in photoshop by hand, as
photoshop can only load one batch of source files in it's action-macros.

Now that the spritecount has risen into the double digits, I'm looking for a
way to combine 100's of frames and 100's of alpha's into transparant GIF or
PNG's. I have had no luck in photoshop for this, it only lets me specify one
source folder per action.

Does anyone have a clever utility or example macro for me?

0
Woolly
10/13/2003 8:30:18 AM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8034 articles. 0 followers. ronviers (102) is leader. Post Follow

Why aren't you just rendering into a file format that supports
transparency to start with?

Why render the transparency (NOT Alpha!) into a separate file?

In the meantime, you could use the scripting plugin for Photoshop 7 (or
the upcoming Photoshop CS) to load the files and process them.  It
supports VBasic (Win Only), AppleScript (Macintosh Only), and
JavaScript (cross platform).

Chris