Basic Question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
the better place, so I'll stick it here too.

-----------------

I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
question.
Hopefully this a place to deal with it.

    I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
so I'm sure there's an easy way.

    Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
is 2001.

P. Tierney

0
Reply P 6/30/2003 1:27:02 AM

See related articles to this posting

"P. Tierney" wrote:

> I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
>
> -----------------
>
> I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> question.
> Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
>
>     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
> layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
> bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
> so I'm sure there's an easy way.
>
>     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> is 2001.
>
> P. Tierney

Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
specific.

--

Chris Mork
Owner CCG Sales / Small Business Links

====> A Swarm of Traffic to Your Site <====
 Targeted prospects will swarm your site 24/7!
 Just 5 minutes to set-up. It's automated, "viral"
      and proven - and best of all it's FREE!
   http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?59216
    http://home.fuse.net/ccg/smallbizlinks.html

0
Reply Chris 6/30/2003 7:24:07 AM

"Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "P. Tierney" wrote:
>
> > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> >
> > -----------------
> >
> > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > question.
> > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> >
> >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need
> > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get
> > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
though,
> > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> >
> >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > is 2001.
> >
> > P. Tierney
>
> Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> specific.

    Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
in my longer paragraph above.

                                                                    P.
Tierney

0
Reply P 6/30/2003 7:44:31 AM

In picture package, you can change individual images by clicking on them.

Still not too convenient if you want to print large batches of images. Some
software like Kodak Easyshare, Qimage Pro... might be better suited.

"P. Tierney" <silviomossa@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> "Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "P. Tierney" wrote:
> >
> > > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> > >
> > > -----------------
> > >
> > > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > > question.
> > > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> > >
> > >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I
need
> > > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different
pictures
> > > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to
get
> > > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
> though,
> > > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> > >
> > >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so
this
> > > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > > is 2001.
> > >
> > > P. Tierney
> >
> > Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> > You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> > specific.
>
>     Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
> photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
> in my longer paragraph above.
>

>                                                                     P.
> Tierney

0
Reply Photon 7/1/2003 2:22:10 PM

Hi;   To follow up what you were told... in Photoshop 7.0 , use Picture
Package for 8 wallets. Once it does 8 of the same image, you can now click
on each individual wallet and select another image for that. You can have 8
different wallet images.
Craig Flory

0
Reply Craig 7/1/2003 2:46:22 PM

try this http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2/download/Download_112i.htm
> I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
>
> -----------------
>
> I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> question.
> Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
>
>     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
> layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
> bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
though,
> so I'm sure there's an easy way.
>
>     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> is 2001.
>

> P. Tierney

0
Reply G 7/2/2003 7:57:30 AM
comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8033 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

basic basic ada question
Hi, Can someone give me an example of a command line app where I can read in command line arguments? In C++ we have: int main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("There are [%i] arguments.\n", argc); return 0; } all I have so far in ada is: with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO; procedure DynamicArray is begin -- Tell the user what we're doing. Put_Line ("This application will allocate a dynamic array."); -- Now allocate a dynamic array. Name : array (0 .. 20) of INTEGER -- That's it. end DynamicArray...

Basic JSP Question (very basic)

Basic UIC Question and Watcher Question
Hi, I am not the greatest OpenVMS sysadmin. Please forgive me. If I create a new UIC in MCR Authorize, can I put users in this UIC like Windows groups? This way I can put this UIC in Watcher to override. Currently, all the users have a UIC (of course). I don't want to change what they have. I was thinking I could create a new generic UIC (group?) and put all those users in it without modifying anything they currently have access to. Thank you for any help. Sounds like you want identifiers, not UICs. Take a look at ADD and GRANT /ID in authorize. James James's reply is co...

Micol BASIC
There is one listed on E-Bay and it look interesting 190128599031 It says it works on the IIgs. Does it work in native mode and support the GS/OS, memory manager, 640x200, etc? Does it compile into machine code (it appears that it does)? Most importantly, can you give away compiled programs without the other user needing a copy? Thank you in advance, I tried YAHOOing this and didn't come up with these answers though I found a few other answers. Wow, thank you very much for the quick response! I almost bought it. I guess I will skip it then, I had found no mention of the needed DT...

Basic question, basic answer, nevermind
Had the cables swaped around the wrong way in the back of the Roland :) No worries, most of us have done that. JB "Eddie Crismond" <none@none.none> wrote in message news:vpivv5i09sqpfa@corp.supernews.com... > Had the cables swaped around the wrong way in the back of the Roland > > :) > > "JB Seattle" <shnoozle8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:lthmb.916$RQ1.602@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > No worries, most of us have done that. > JB Thanks :) its easy to do. ...

A basic question question about volatile use
I have a memory-mapped peripheral with a mapping like, say, struct T {uint8_t read, write, status, forkicks;}; If I slap a volatile on an object of type struct T, does it guarantee that all accesses to the members are byte-wide, or is the compiler free to read or read-modify-write in any data width it chooses? Is slapping a volatile on each member of the struct definition any different? better? worse? Thank you, Ark >I have a memory-mapped peripheral with a mapping like, say, >struct T {uint8_t read, write, status, forkicks;}; > >If I slap a volatile on an object of type stru...

real basic real basic question ...
i'm interested in real basic as a development platform, however i don't get the logic with the pricing us$99 for the standard edition windows and us$99 for the standard edition macintosh, but the pro-version which works on both is us$499 ? why not just buy 2 standard licences and compile on both platforms (assuming you have access to a mac). is there anything that would stop you from doing that? can you just take the code and copy it to the mac with your trusted thumb-drive and just compile it? is there any other benefit to getting pro? thanx ~*~ xiaan ~*~ auckland, new...

Basic import Questions (with bonus profiling question)
Hey Folks, Some import questions that a search didn't turn up for me. 1. Will "from somemodule import onething" take as long to start up as import somemodule? 2. Is there anyway I can get at onething more quickly? 3. If I put an import statement hidden away in some function, will Python only do the import when that function is called? If I say, never use that function would that import statement affect performance at all? Ultimately I have IIS running python as a CGI script and it seems to just be taking many seconds to load a small page. I'm guessing the issue is starti...

Newbie question: Quick Basic to Visual Basic
Program migration from Quick Basic to Visual Basic ? Regards to the newsgroup. Excuse my sudden intromission into the group, but I know from my long experience in these groups that there are a lot of people willing to help. As I ceased to program several years ago I found myself in the situation that my old programs are incompatible with Windows 98 and XP. I have code written in 1995 to 97 under DOS, using Quick Basic, which running under Windows, create problems when they write data files on to the fixed disk. I'm having trouble when restarting my PC. I guess this is due to the...

basic questions
I have a few basic questions about using cisco routers. Hopefully someone can answer these for me. If i have a two locations with internet access through a local ISP and i have an IPSEC tunnel connecting them what would I use a cisco router for? I understand that routers segment large networks and reduce network traffic accross a LAN but what advantages do they provide over a WAN? If I had multiple location all with High speed internet connections and IPsec Tunnels what purpose would the cisco routers perform? I assume that the answer tothis is to route traffic but what protocol would be ...