Basic Question

I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
the better place, so I'll stick it here too.

-----------------

I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
question.
Hopefully this a place to deal with it.

    I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
so I'm sure there's an easy way.

    Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
is 2001.

P. Tierney

comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8040 articles. 6 followers. ronviers (102) is leader. Post Follow

"P. Tierney" wrote:

> I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
>
> -----------------
>
> I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> question.
> Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
>
>     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
> layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
> bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
> so I'm sure there's an easy way.
>
>     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> is 2001.
>
> P. Tierney

Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
specific.

--

Chris Mork
Owner CCG Sales / Small Business Links

====> A Swarm of Traffic to Your Site <====
 Targeted prospects will swarm your site 24/7!
 Just 5 minutes to set-up. It's automated, "viral"
      and proven - and best of all it's FREE!
   http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?59216
    http://home.fuse.net/ccg/smallbizlinks.html

0
Chris
6/30/2003 7:24:07 AM
"Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "P. Tierney" wrote:
>
> > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> >
> > -----------------
> >
> > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > question.
> > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> >
> >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need
> > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get
> > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
though,
> > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> >
> >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > is 2001.
> >
> > P. Tierney
>
> Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> specific.

    Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
in my longer paragraph above.

                                                                    P.
Tierney

In picture package, you can change individual images by clicking on them.

Still not too convenient if you want to print large batches of images. Some
software like Kodak Easyshare, Qimage Pro... might be better suited.

"P. Tierney" <silviomossa@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> "Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "P. Tierney" wrote:
> >
> > > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> > >
> > > -----------------
> > >
> > > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > > question.
> > > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> > >
> > >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I
need
> > > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different
pictures
> > > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to
get
> > > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
> though,
> > > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> > >
> > >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so
this
> > > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > > is 2001.
> > >
> > > P. Tierney
> >
> > Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> > You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> > specific.
>
>     Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
> photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
> in my longer paragraph above.
>

>                                                                     P.
> Tierney

0
Photon
7/1/2003 2:22:10 PM
Hi;   To follow up what you were told... in Photoshop 7.0 , use Picture
Package for 8 wallets. Once it does 8 of the same image, you can now click
on each individual wallet and select another image for that. You can have 8
different wallet images.
Craig Flory

0
Craig
7/1/2003 2:46:22 PM
try this http://www.nikon-euro.com/nikoneuro2/download/Download_112i.htm
> I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
>
> -----------------
>
> I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> question.
> Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
>
>     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
> layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
> bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
though,
> so I'm sure there's an easy way.
>
>     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> is 2001.
>

> P. Tierney

US-PA: King of Prussia-Visual Basic Programmer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com - Careers, Content and Community for Technology professionals in the Northeastern United States! Jobcircle.com provides resume submission, classified searches, eLearning, hundreds of career development articles, tech news, and more to tens of thousands of Technology professionals in your area - visit us today at http://www.jobcircle.com! !!! Voted a TOP 50 Career Web Site in 2002 by CareerXRoads !!! ************************************************************** Job Title: Visual Basic Programmer Job Location:...

a redirect question
greetings, I use (inside a bash script) the apache logresove this way for post-processing: ${logres} -s ${statfile} -c < ${logfile} > ${output} logresolve spits out messages like this : Bad host: invisible2.bancomext.gob.mx != 200.33.70.2 Bad host: ns6.pilosoft.com != 66.250.56.254 It's OK. I just wanted to re-direct them into a file. Do you know how, given the above syntax and that this is in bash/sh environment? Thanks, Farid Farid Hamjavar UNM-CIRT had nothing better to do than to say: > ${logres} -s ${statfile} -c < ${logfile} > ${output} > logresol...

basic.system v1.5 disassembly
Once again, with the help of some detailed source provided I have finished = a very in-depth, heavily commented disassembly of basic.system 1.5 which ca= n be assembled with orca/m. I mailed it to the sys.apple2 gmail account. If= you cannot access it and want a copy, just gmail me at larrygr510. Let me = know what you think. Larry "retrogear" <larrygr510@gmail.com> wrote in message news: 170da4d2-8a98-42d1-af56-b9f5c7cfacb1@googlegroups.com... > Once again, with the help of some detailed source provided > I have finished a very in-depth, heavily comment...

Beginner Questions
Hullo all, I have a few more questions, sorry if the seem very basic but I am having some trouble finding answers. First of all I am programming in linux, c++. My app is reading from /dev/dsp. I have developed a nice base for my program, I can store, playback/record samples, change volume levels etc. I want to implement some digital effects and am focusing on distortion/compression atm. My questions are as follows. 1. When i read info from /dev/dsp and store as an array of floats, how should i interpret the data? What information is being represented? For an instance I have read some exa...

A DATASET MERGE QUESTION
I have two dataset A and B: dataset A) Subject date site ------- --------- ----- 5 24Jul2007 1 6 25Jul2001 2 2 05Aug2004 1 15 05jan2001 2 dataset B) subject date site -------- --------- ------ 2 01jan2009 1 5 09jan2005 1 40 06jan2008 10 Now I need to merge it in such a way that whatever it is on dataset A will be in new dataset C_New and if there is any subject that is not in datset A But it is in datset B will be in the new datset C_N...

question
I posted a question title "read file" but for some reason, i can't see the post here. does anyone know why? thanks so much If you are new to this list maybe you didn't send a SET SAS-L REPRO message to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU. By default you do not see your messages until you send this command. Stan >I posted a question title "read file" >but for some reason, i can't see the post here. does anyone know why? >thanks so much Hi Jack, Default you do not see the messages you contribute. If you want to receive them from the list as well send the line ...

Apostrophe question
I've read a number of Ada tutorials now, and I'm unclear on when the apostrophe is required in certain spots. For example, why is it used here: Father : Person_Access := new Person'(Father_First_Name, Father_Last_Name); but not here: type Float_Array is array(Integer range <>) of Float; type Float_Array_Access is access Float_Array; V : Float_Array_Access := new Float_Array(1 .. 3); I'm sure there is a page about this somewhere, but I can't find it. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. -Dave David Smith <david.smith@gmail...

basic
i am a nu user to this group .i want basic ideas in data structures.do you mail me dharanivideo@gmail.com wrote: > i am a nu user to this group .i want basic ideas in data structures.do > you mail me This group is for discussions on the ISO C language, not data structures. Moreover, this is a Usenet group. To participate you need to post to the group and read replies. For discussing data structures, you might find <news:comp.programming> a better venue. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet> <http://www.faqs.org/> <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/posting-rules/pa...

BASICs all different why?
So after all these years, where better technology has allowed designers to ditch the compromises they first had to make, why is there not a converging into an accepted, commonly used language, rather than the Tower of Babel that the world of BASIC is? Is it because there is no committee out there which might hammer out non-conformism for it's own sake? Maybe because big-business is not interested? "Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la. " JJ "faulty" <overlook@me.com> wrote in message news:emh0ft$g8k$1@aioe.org... >...

bit rate question
hi all, Assume I have a DIGITAL signal with M samples. My compression program using N bits to encode each sample. What is the bit rate of my program? is it N or M/N?? Thanks // "A.E lover" <aelover11@gmail.com> writes: > hi all, > > Assume I have a DIGITAL signal with M samples. My compression program > using N bits to encode each sample. What is the bit rate of my > program? is it N or M/N?? > Thanks Bit rate is [bits/second]. Neither one of your choices provide these unit.s If your digital signal was K samples/second, then the answer would be K ...

A question #2 #2
Could anyone explain why an array will always be faster than a hash object described in SAS Prog3 course note?? Not sure if I agree it is always faster. Depends on what problem you are actually trying to solve. In terms of physically accessing the memory location an array is stored in a nice evenly spaced block of memory. So if your program asks for item number 10 SAS knows immediately where to find it. Hashes are stored in some type of binary tree. So when you ask for item 10 SAS needs to make one or more refences to the index (is that the right term) for the hash to figure out where it is l...

Re: Basic Question about Mathematica
On 11/18/07 at 4:54 AM, dmartin19@gmail.com wrote: >I was working in a notebook, using help files to try to learn >Mathematica. I noticed that Mathematica uses cells for entry, and >each of my entries in a cell are tagged by numbers, such as "In[n]" >and "Out[n]" where "n" is some number. >Being new, I keep making a lot of mistakes while experimenting, and >each time when I realize the mistake, I delete the cell and start >over again. When I do this, Mathematica does not continue to number >the "In[n]" and "Out[n]...

DAQMX + visual basic
I have created a Task that output voltage signal +5 volt to - 5volt . I wish to use this task either using Visual basic or using VB.net. Can any body give me the simplest way to do this. Any tutorail or information on this topis would be a great help. Regards Nadeem For question on using VB or .net, you should post to to either the <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=230" target="_blank">VB6</a> board or the <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=232" target="_blank">.NET</a> board. There is even a dedicated...

Question about Apple Newton
In the film Under Seige 2 a Apple Newton used by Steven Seagal is able to send faxes with a built in modem, and also connect to a computer, and have the entire machine show up on the screen. Is this truth? ON a Palm the data is only synced, and I can not access the apps, and os from my Mac. John -- 1Cor. 1:18 � For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (Read John MacArthur's "Ashamed of the Gospel" when the church becomes like the world). John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote: ...

Graphics Card Question
I am looking at a new computer and need some advice in choosing a graphics card. I have my choice of a 256MB PCI Express� x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory or a 256MB PCI Express� x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) nVidia GeForce 6800. I do not play any computer games. I do a lot of photo editing of digital photos with PSP. Would the ATI Radeon work well for my purposes or do I really need to go with the nVidea GeForce? Sharon On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:31:48 -0700, sharonf <me7@privacy.net> wrote: >I am looking at a new computer and need some advice in choosing a >graphi...

Business BASIC question
Hi all, =20 I've scoured the manual, but can't seem to locate this concept (and it may be because it's not supported). In COBOL (and other languages), one can REDEFINE a variables attributes, but I can't seem to find any such concept for BB. Does anyone know if this can be done in BB, and if yes, how to do it? =20 =20 =20 =20 TIA, =20 =20 Ray S. =20 <http://www.republictitle.com/>=20 Ray Shahan Computer Programmer REPUBLIC TITLE OF TEXAS, INC. <http://www.republictitle.com/>=20 2701 W Plano Parkway &...

a simple (!) question
(Apologies for cross-posting) From a beginner user of SPSS: I am trying to run the following syntax: do if (missing(chdstat1) = 1). compute ownchild =2. else if (chdstat1 = 1 | chdstat2 = 1 | chdstat3 =1 | chdstat4 = 1 | chdstat5 = 1 |chdstat6 = 1). compute ownchild = 1. else. compute ownchild = 0. end if. exe. However, the 3rd part of the statement, else. compute ownchild = 0. Is not being processed at all. However, the syntax will run if I remove the full stop in the first line, so that SPSS throws and error message, and then replace it. This syntax was based one on ...

STL and combinations question
Thank you for reading my plea for help. What I'm trying to achieve is to get the subsets from a given set using the Standard Template Library. Say, for example, I have created an empty set and then have inserted 3 numbers into that set (1, 2, 3). Next, I would like to get all of the subset pairs (1, 2), (1, 3) and (2, 3) for processing. A Google search has given me a lot to think about but nothing specific for my needs. I have played with next_permutation and read about next_combination which sounded more promising, since combinations are what I'm looking for, but next_combina...

Basic BASIC
Now that our series on Basic for Beginners - Basic BASIC by Ray Favre - is at an end, those who have not read the series may wish to purchase the back copies of Qercus that include the six parts of Basic BASIC. The series takes a complete beginner to programming and introduces sufficient to get you started and producing your own programs. Examples are listed within the article or in the Yellow Pages feature in the magazine and these can be typed in by the reader. These listings will also be available on the Qercus website. Purchasers of the series, who don't have access to the internet, ...

Single UNIX Specification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ Version 1.9)
Submitted-by: nospam@unix.net (Andrew Josey) Single UNIX Specification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ Version 1.9) Last Updated : Oct 28 2004: freq.ques,v 1.9 This is the Frequently Asked Questions file for the Single UNIX Specification. Its maintainer is Andrew Josey (ajosey at The Open Group). Suggestions and contributions are always welcome. This document can be found on the world wide web at http://www.opengroup.org/austin/papers/single_unix_faq.html. UNIX(R) is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other countries. The Open Group holds the definition of what a U...

newbie question: whats wrong with my code?
I'm trying to copying a file to another file using the follwoing code, but it's not working properly, some data is missing so I can't finally recover the file. #include <stdio.h> void main(){ FILE *file, *file1; file = fopen("title.jpg","rb"); if(file == NULL) perror("Error open file:"); char buf[100]; file1 = fopen("title1.jpg","wb"); while(fgetc(file)!=EOF){ fread(buf,sizeof(buf),sizeof(buf[0]),file); fwrite(buf,sizeof(buf),sizeof(buf[0]),file1); } fclose(file); fclose(file1); } Can you plz tell me where is wrong? ...

Couple of questions on VMS -> world
Hi, Is it possible to read a VMS-format CD ISO on Linux/UNIX? I installed some of the compilers on a new VAX/VMS 7.3 hobbyist system today. When I transferred the installation guide .txt files to a Linux box to try to read them there they had a lot of control characters and didn't format properly. Is there a secret recipe to convert these to properly-formatted plain ASCII text? Thank you. > Is it possible to read a VMS-format CD ISO on Linux/UNIX? Possible? Sure. Practical? Perhaps not. Might depend on what, exactly, is in/on this "VMS-format CD ISO"...

PROC SQL Question #8
Carol, This is not an SQL question. Use proc sort data = all3 ; by jobname ; run ; PROC PRINT data = all3 ; by jobname ; id jobname ; VAR START END RUNTIME; RUN; Ian Whitlock ================== Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 08:30:04 -0400 Reply-To: "Srna, Carol (C.)" <csrna@FORD.COM> Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: "Srna, Carol (C.)" <csrna@FORD.COM> Subject: PROC SQL Question Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi All. Input data: JobName StartTime EndTime ...

postscript font basic question
dear pdftex wizards: fonts are really, really complex, so please forgive my asking another brief question. I can successfully select my postscript font in a particular typeface and a particular size, such as { \font\lbcfont=hlcrie8y.tfm at 12pt \lbcfont ABCabc. } this is almost what I want, except that I do not want to specify the font size, but I want the font to be picked up by the "current" typesetting size. So, $\text{\lbc A}_{\text{\lbc S}}$ would know that A is normalsize and S is footnotesize. I read the companion on fonts. It is strong on explaining font packages that...

iDVD 4 "pro" encoding question
Hi, Steve Jobs seemed to make a big deal out of the pro encoding in the new version. Indeed, I think it's great to be able to fit up to 2 hours on one disc, whether I use that much or not. My question for you is this: I have a couple iDVD 3 projects. By simply opening them in iDVD 4 when it arrives, will it be re-encoded using the improved encoding? If not, what is the best way to accomplish this? Thanks, -Will In article <100p6ci9o5pj9ce@corp.supernews.com>, William Mulloy <wmulloy@usol.invalid> wrote: > Steve Jobs seemed to make a big deal out of the pro encodin...