Basic Question

I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
the better place, so I'll stick it here too.

-----------------

I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
question.
Hopefully this a place to deal with it.

    I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
so I'm sure there's an easy way.

    Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
is 2001.

P. Tierney

comp.graphics.apps.photoshop 8034 articles. 0 followers. ronviers (102) is leader. Post Follow

"P. Tierney" wrote:

> I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
>
> -----------------
>
> I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> question.
> Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
>
>     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need a
> layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get a
> bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept, though,
> so I'm sure there's an easy way.
>
>     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> is 2001.
>
> P. Tierney

Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
specific.

--

Chris Mork
Owner CCG Sales / Small Business Links

====> A Swarm of Traffic to Your Site <====
 Targeted prospects will swarm your site 24/7!
 Just 5 minutes to set-up. It's automated, "viral"
      and proven - and best of all it's FREE!
   http://www.trafficswarm.com/go.cgi?59216
    http://home.fuse.net/ccg/smallbizlinks.html

0
Chris
6/30/2003 7:24:07 AM
"Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "P. Tierney" wrote:
>
> > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> >
> > -----------------
> >
> > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > question.
> > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> >
> >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I need
> > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different pictures
> > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to get
> > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
though,
> > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> >
> >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so this
> > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > is 2001.
> >
> > P. Tierney
>
> Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> specific.

    Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
in my longer paragraph above.

                                                                    P.
Tierney

In picture package, you can change individual images by clicking on them.

Still not too convenient if you want to print large batches of images. Some
software like Kodak Easyshare, Qimage Pro... might be better suited.

"P. Tierney" <silviomossa@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> "Chris Mork" <anon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "P. Tierney" wrote:
> >
> > > I also posted this in alt/graphics/photoshop.  I'm not sure which is
> > > the better place, so I'll stick it here too.
> > >
> > > -----------------
> > >
> > > I'm fairly new to Photoshop and I have what I'm sure is a basic
> > > question.
> > > Hopefully this a place to deal with it.
> > >
> > >     I'm trying to create a picture set for my father-in-law before he
> > > leaves town for a reunion.  When I go to Automate/Picture Package,
> > > I get the layout that I need, but it's all of the same picture.  I
need
> > > layout with a bunch of wallet-sized pictures, but of different
pictures
> > > instead of the same one.  Beyond wasting paper, or inserting it at a
> > > different angle each time I have a new picture, I'm not such how to
get
> > > bunch of different-image wallets.  It's seems like a basic concept,
> though,
> > > so I'm sure there's an easy way.
> > >
> > >     Thanks for any help.  I've only printed full-page pictures, so
this
> > > function is new to me.  The disc, btw, only says Adobe Photoshop
> > > Elements, with no version number.  The last date that I can find on it
> > > is 2001.
> > >
> > > P. Tierney
> >
> > Not to sound like a smart-ass, but you didn't ask one single question.
> > You stated your desire(s), but you didn't actually ask anything
> > specific.
>
>     Sorry.  How do I get a picture package of different wallet sized
> photos on one sheet in an easy way?  Or something like that, as described
> in my longer paragraph above.
>

>                                                                     P.
> Tierney

0
Photon
7/1/2003 2:22:10 PM
Hi;   To follow up what you were told... in Photoshop 7.0 , use Picture
Package for 8 wallets. Once it does 8 of the same image, you can now click
on each individual wallet and select another image for that. You can have 8
different wallet images.
Craig Flory

0
Craig